PP-F4) Where the Snow glows White

Spoiler

<<Avalanche>>

This quest takes place on Floor 4
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

mb_avalanche.png

Word from the Information Brokers speaks of a hidden respawning Field Boss on Floor 4. A small party reported having farmed the <<Ice Elementals>> found throughout the Tundra awakened a hidden Field Boss in the form of a giant <<Ice Elemental>>. This monster, identified as <<Avalanche>>, proved to be a dangerous opponent for the relatively low leveled party, and dropped a powerful Alchemical Concotion.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] pages of Rp  (21 or more posts)

-Avalanche must be defeated

-Maximum Party Size of 3

-Repeat completions will only yield <<Snowfrost>>

Avalanche Information:

<Avalanche> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 100
Damage per Attack: 40

Rewards:

1. <<Snowfrost>> This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing resistance to Fire Damage for one battle. [The wearer will only take half damage from the burning damage over time effect]
  2. 2 Skill Points

Jonathan stood on the fourth floor. He was about to complete a quest in which he had yet to do, that was now way to easy. Avalanche. He had posted up a message saying anyone who needed help with the quest should come, and the rewards of the quest would be given to them. He leaned upon a frozen tree that stood right in the center of town. This was a much easier way of doing things. instead of going around searching for players, have the players come find him. It was much easier with a lot less rejection. In the snowlight, his golden hair appeared light. He did not wear his armor, and for this quest, he was not going to.  There was no need for it. He would be the DPS in this situation, even if it meant he really was the only one dealing the damage. Why was he taking on avalanche  now you might ask? Everyone was leaving him in the dust, level wise. He needed to start training as hard as possible and these quests that he had yet to complete were great for such occasion. "Alright players. Come to Jonathan.... Free help, free rewards, what more could you ask for. 

@Damien

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CURRENT STATS:

Spoiler
  • Level: 5
  • Col: 1200
  • Energy: 10
  • Health: 100
    • +5 HP Per turn in combat. 
  • Base Damage: 3
  • Mitigation: 0

• Skills:
    • Battle Healing Rank 1 {+5 HP per turn in combat}
    • One Handed Straight Sword Rank 1. {+1 Damage}
  • Equipment:
    • Nighthawk. (One handed straight sword) {+1 Damage}
    • Cloth Armor {Vanity}
  • Battle Ready Inventory:
    • 5x Health Potions {+40 HP}
    • Damage Potion {+1 DMG}
    • Over-Health Potion {+50 temp. HP}

OhcICLQ.jpg

Eh, why not? Damien thought to himself as he read the request for a player simply to follow along with a stronger player to go beat a quest. It seemed to be coming out of the good will of the player, simply wanting younger leveled players to be able to level up faster. The floor - floor four - had happened to be Damien's favorite floor out of all the ones he had traveled to, even if he never fought a mob on the floor.

But as Damien walked to the main teleport gate in the Town of Beginnings (floor one), he began to think about the dangers of the quest. The boss itself seemed to be very, very, strong from the quest specifics. Although Damien knew the other player seemed very capable of defeating the boss, Damien also knew he would have to stay as far away from it as possible. Maybe attack once. Damien knew for a fact if he got to close the boss, it could easily sweep him off the ground and kill him. That, indeed, would not help Damien reach the front-lines any faster whatsoever, since he would in fact be dead. So, Damien would need to sit there and watch the other player defeat the boss. Very boringly.

--

Upon going through the teleport gate, Damien arrived at floor four, the beautiful snow floor, right inside of <<Snowfrost>> town. Ah, back to this beautiful floor, Damien thought to himself. He walked through the town a bit before finding the location right outside of town where the player who had requested a newb to sit and watch him fight the boss said he would be located. "Hello?" 

@Morgenstern

Edited by Damien

Jonathan perked up as he heard a voice. He turned, his eyes meeting a black haired player. A friendly smiled played on his lips as he says, "You must be the one who has come to answer my offer for help!" Jonathan smiled to the player. He appeared the same age as Jonathan and with a bit of ambition in his eyes. The blond smiled as he finished reading the player. "The name is Jonathan, pleasure to meet you. As it appears, I will be dealing the main set of damage, but I want you dealing the last hit on the creature" Jonathan smiled and turned. From appearance, he did not appear to be that high of leveled, in his first ten levels for sure. He knew that he could deal a bit of damage. As he awaited a reply to his introduction he opened up his menu and sent the man a friend request. Jonathan had no need to really tank on this quest, so he would go with his Shield, Angel Pendant, and Sword. He looked back to the man and examined his items, but there only appeared to be a sword, but perhaps he had more. 

"I will ensure your safety for this entire trip, so no need to worry about a thing." 

Noticing the player, Damien reached behind him to un-sheath his <<Nighthawk>> out of instinct. His hand felt the cold steel of the dark black/white blade as he looked at the player, recognizing him as the one who sent the request. Whew. "Yes, yes I am. Although, I'm not going to provide much.... much help, but..." Damien gave off a little awkward smile. Every. time. Damien. WHY? His thoughts ran through his head. "My name is Damien," Damien said, working his hardest not to say or do or even look anything that would seem stupid. Why do I even act differently around people I don't know...

Damien looked down, as he all of the sudden had a friend request. The request was from a played named <<Morgenstern>>... What an odd username, and he apparently doesn't use it because he said his name was Jonathan. Eh, it's rather cool to be honest. "Excited to be working with you too, Jonathan. Glad you'd let a newb like me come with someone like you." Upon Jonathan's last statement, Damien overlooked him and his equipment. The player definitely looked strong enough to kill it in a very quick timing indeed, but it was the fact that Damien was fighting with him. If the monster managed to land just a few hits on Damien, he knew he would be done for. Ack... And he is expecting me to actually deal the last attack... What if I don't want to attack at all? Eh, don't really have a choice now... "Okie dokie, so where do we head to find this monster? This, <<Avalanche>> of sorts?"

@Morgenstern

Edited by Damien

Jonathan watched the lower leveled player contently. He introduced himself as Damien. It was a neat name, and Jonathan enjoyed it. As he referred to himself as a newb, Joanthan rose his hand stopping him. "I do not believe you are a newb. A newb, would be someone who can't open the menu. You just have not spent the same time of training as I. You will get there someday." He turned and muttered something about everyone seemed to be doing that lately. He opened his menu and ensured he had his sword, pendant, and jacket on to ensure he was in more of a weak DPS and Scout mode. His mitigation was dangerous low, but his Battle Healing should keep him alive enough for the main battle. "If you do not mind anything too personal at the moment Damien," Jonathan began to ask, "What is your build?" He wanted to know what the player aspired to be, but at this stage most players had no idea. He owuld not blame him if he did not know yet. 

As the player asked Joanthan smiled and pointed toward the distant mountain. "It is right up there my friend. Not that far at all. Not quite as high as the Snow Beast, but it is a small journey. 

Well, I can open my menu. But I quite honestly don't know anybody who can't open his/her menu. Damien looked back up at Morgenstern, or rather Jonathan. Damien didn't quite understand how his question would be taken as a too personal question, but eh, he guessed some players were like that in the way. "Well, ummm... I don't quite know yet." Damien laughed a bit at himself and how crazy it was that he still didn't know what he was planning to doo, before going back to the player. "I know for a fact I'm going to try to max out my current skills, battle healing and one handed straight sword, but other than that I don't know. " Jonathan pointed out the mountain where the monster, <<Avalanche>>, awaited them. "No, not too far at all then. It looks like it is a beautiful mountain." Damien could not recall what exactly the <<Snow Beast>> was, but he guessed that wasn't a big deal, as that did not matter at all in the moment. Damien reached unsheathed his sword(for real this time), and looked at Jonathan with a smile. "So, you wanna head out now, or?" 

@Morgenstern

<<Focused Howl>> used +6 Hate

Jonathan smiled as he guessed correctly. At that state, he wast not sure which build was best for him, and he was trying to stay in the DPS section, but the he started to stray off to mitigation and he had liked it. He wanted to continue skills in sword and battle healing. Interesting build. He had no idea what this guy would turn out to be. 'Sure we can, we best be careful then." He smiled and walked toward the gates. He unsheathed his sword and began forward. He trodded into the deeper snow. "So Damien, any idea of a profession you are going to pursue, or are you not going to have one?" Jonathan looked over to him before he heard a bark. 'Great. I knew this would happen. I attract to many higher leveled creatures on this floor. He put a hand back warning Damien to stay. He smiled and twirled his weapon. He shifted to a wider stance and then <<Focused Howl>> The Wolf's eyes flashed red and Jonathan smiled. "It is safe to attack now Damien." 

Spoiler

[6] Morgenstern 780/780 <78/78> 
Damien ?/?

Frost Wolf 390/390 40Dmg

Damien walked outside of the gate with Jonathan, listening to him speak before they lost their train of thought, interrupted by the bark of a <<Frost Wolf>>. Oh gosh... This thing's HP is huge!  Damien watched Jonathan though as he professionally his sword, activating a <<Focused Howl>>. The wolf's eyes gleamed red as it focused it's attention onto Jonathan, as the player reassured Damien's safety to attack now. "Ummm... Okay." Damien had no idea if the player was going to be able to contain the <<Frost Wolf's>> hits or not, but Damien hoped he could. "Well here we go." Damien looked at the <<Frost Wolf>>, locking his attention on it as he held his sword back. The <<Nighthawk>> glew a light pinkish color as he prepared his sword skill, snake bite. Okay, here we go. Got to hit it. I guess it isn't a big deal if I miss, as Jonathan is probably going to kill it either way, but.... Let's do this. 

But as Damien went to press forward on the hit, the <<Frost Wolf>> simply dodged to the side. Dang. "Yah, I umm am thinking about becoming a tailor."

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
76022 1 8 16 9 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat

2017-01-30 09:30:55

Frost Wolf390/390 HP (-0 Health)

[H:0]Damien: 100/100 HP 8/10 EN [+5 HP/+1 EN/ -2 EN]
[H:6]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 78/78 EN 

@Morgenstern I'll give you a dollar if you finish your post (and roll) by the end of our biology period. xD

Edited by Damien

76023 BD:6 MD:10

Jonathan watched as The wolf growled and he smiled. He loved combat, a thing Itzal was a little scared about. The man beside him attack and then mentioned something about become a tailor. 'That is good as well. We need more tailors as they are becoming quite scarce lately.' He hoisted his weapon onto his shoulder and smiled. "All right let's do this!" Jonathan grabbed his weapon and dashed forward. The hue of his weapon became a bright gold and he smiled. Here it was. He brought his blade down and crushed the opponent. A huge red mark appeared above its shoulder and Jonathan backed away but not before getting hit. The wolf bit down on his leg and he grunted. It did not hurt much, but it was a little aggravating that he got hit from such little threat. Keep it up Damien, I know it sucks at first. 

Spoiler

Frost Wolf320/390 HP (-70 Health) Paralyzed

Damage Dealt: 10*(1*7)=70
Damage Taken: 45-30(BH)=15

[H:0]Damien: 100/100 HP 8/10 EN [+5 HP/+1 EN/ -2 EN]
[H:7]Jonathan: 765/780 HP 72/78 EN [-6 EN]

@Damien

Edited by Morgenstern

Eh I guess Jonathan is right, he didn't get to where he is now from doing nothing. He, also, had to take part in the long grind. Or so Damien assumed. Damien looked down at his <<Nighthawk>>, it's black blade reflecting the distant sun and view of the clouds off of it very dimly. Okay, let's go at it again. Damien gripped it tighter, and looked back at the <<Frost Wolf>>. Jesus, this thing must be stronger than the quest boss itself! Damien then prepared his sword skill, Snake Bite, once again. Okay, here I go. Damien leaned backward a bit, allowing the blade to become a neon green color, before pointing the sword forward, swiftly striking forward punctures in the form of the sword skill's name, a snake bite. The lits landed perfectly, sending the wolf a few inches back from the hit's impact and simply the quantity of the quick hits. That was better. Damien stepped back and turned to Jonathan, allowing for him to land his own hit. (Because obviously Damien wasn't going to get anywhere with his number of DMG)

Base Damage: 1 [Base] + 1 [Crit] + 1 [Nighthawk] + 1 [Skill] = 4 DMG
Sword Art Damage: 4 [Base] * (3 *1) [Snake Bite] = 12 DMG 
Total Damage: 12 [DMG] - 0 [MIT] = 12 DMG

Frost Wolf308/390 HP (-12 Health)

[H:2]Damien: 100/100 HP 6/10 EN [+5 HP/+1 EN/ -3 EN] 
[H:7]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 72/78 EN

Spoiler
76104 9 5 14 9 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat 2017-01-30 20:01:03

@Morgenstern

Edited by Damien

As Jonathan fell back, he watched as Damien proceeded to strike the wolf. He was quick and agile, and he had some technique behind that sword as well. If only if he had higher stats.... Jonathan watched as he backed away, grabbing him a quick opportunity. He gripped his curved blade tightly and willed for energy to course through it. Making the motions, Jonathan charged forward with an blade ready to hit again. The wolf was paralyzed for biting at him, his shield numbing it to the bone. he unleashed his attack on the wold and began to just slash away at it. Satisfied with his work, Jonathan backed away and looked at Damien. "You got it now! You're doing great, just keep up your aim!" Jonathan smiled and watched as the wolf returned to its feet, ready to battle once more. This fight hopefully would not last much longer. They still had to go and get Avalanche. 

Spoiler

76207 BD:3+3 MD:9 Paralyzed Over

Frost Wolf: 238/390 HP (-70 Health)

Damage Dealt: 10*(1*7)=70
Damage Taken: 0-30=-30

[H:2]Damien: 100/100 HP 6/10 EN [+5 HP/+1 EN/ -3 EN] 
[H:7]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 66/78 EN  

Edited by Morgenstern

Feeling a boost of self-confidence from Jonathan's words, Damien watched as the player dealt a great deal of damage to the <<Frost Wolf>>. Wow he really is indeed strong. Damien waited for his own chance to strike on the wolf, as Johnathan stepped back from it. "You're pretty strong!" He didn't know quite what else to say.  Okay, I'm gonna hit you again this time. Damien prepared his snake bite sword skill, stepping in right after Jonathan had stepped back. His blade glew a bright green color again, and he charged forward, striking a quick thrust forward, and then another one, and then another one, appearing once again three big marks on the wolf in the form of snake bite as small little red crystals dissolved from the cuts. Yeah, another great hit! Damien jumped back a bit and nodded to Jonathan. "Your turn, go kill it." Damien laughed at the wolf a bit. 

Base Damage: 1 [Base] + 1 [Nighthawk] + 1 [Skill] = 3 DMG
Sword Art Damage: 3 [Base] * (3 *1) [Snake Bite] = 9 DMG 
Total Damage: 9 [DMG] - 0 [MIT] = 9 DMG

Frost Wolf229/390 HP (-9 Health)

[H:3]Damien: 100/100 HP 4/10 EN [+5 HP/+1 EN/ -3 EN] 
[H:8]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 66/78 EN

Spoiler

76150 6 12 4 10 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat 2017-01-31 09:26:09

@Morgenstern

Edited by Damien

Jonathan's attention was distracted as Damien complemented on his strength. "Trust me man, I have no room to speak when it come to damage. I am probably the worst damage dealer on the frontlines, except for maybe one of the healers." He did not speak any names, but even if he did the man would not know her. She absolutely had no skill with any weapon. She preferred to not have to be in battle, and insisted on being a Healer. In Jonathan's opinion, she was the best Healer though. She knew that was her role, and stuck to it. Not trying to be something else. Damien had hit the wolf again, meaning he was up once more. He charged and raised his glowing blade. The wolf ducked under his blow, and his blade hit a patch of ice and shattered it. The ice. "Alright your your again, we all make mistakes." There was indeed another reason why he was not a good damage dealer. He did not have concentration.

Frost Wolf229/390 HP 

[H:3]@Damien100/100 HP 4/10 EN 
[H:8]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 65/78 EN [-1 Energy]

76263 BD:2+3 MD:3

Edited by Morgenstern

Damien watched as Jonathan prepared his next hit. "But damage dealing isn't really your main focus, is it?" Damien watched as the player tried to attack the wolf, but the wolf managed to get under his sword. I guess he's right, we do all make mistakes, even the most accurate of players.... Damien prepared his <<Nighthawk>> and aimed at the wolf, eager to kill it as quickly as possible so they could get to the actual 'boss' itself. Locking in his vision, Damien activated his Snake Bite sword skill once more, charging at the wolf. 

The wolf somehow managed to avoid the sword skill, simply moving to the right. "Damn," Damien muttered under his breath, "I can't even hit it..." Damien turned back to Morgenstern, and nodded to him. "Your turn again." He looked back down at his <<Nighthawk>>. If only it had some type of accuracy enhancement, that would make the weapon a lot stronger, if it could actually land its hits. 

Spoiler
76573 4 6 13 10 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat 2017-02-04 08:32:03

MISS! -2 Energy

Frost Wolf229/390 HP

[H:3]Damien: 100/100 HP 3/10 EN [+5 HP/+1 EN/ -2 EN] 
[H:8]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 66/78 EN

@Morgenstern

Edited by Damien

Jonathan watched Damien. As he was when he was a lower leveled player (Or before he had an ACC item) he had always missed. It would take him forever to kill something. he could not put any blame on the man. Jonathan continued his fight up. He charged forward, his blade glowing a deep gold aura. He held his weapon with two hands, and returned to one as he reached the wolf. He heard a bark before he sent his blade slashing through it body. The wolf fell back from the sheer force of his weapon and Jonathan smiled. It rolled onto the ground but still kept attacking. It slammed into him with its body sending him to fall back. He rolled onto the ground, but caught himself. His battle healing took care of the rest. Alright Damien, you got this, just focus and you got it" Jonathan smiled and readied himself for another scuffle with the canine. 

76575 BD:8 MD:6

Frost Wolf: 159/390 HP -70

[H:3]@Damien100/100 HP 3/10 EN 
[H:8]Jonathan: 770/780 HP 59/78 EN [-40 HP +30 HP, -7 EN +1 EN]

Edited by Morgenstern

It was odd that the player had not responded to his question as to if he was meant to be a damage dealer or not, but Damien thought it was safe to assume he wasn't. Watching Jonathan land another successful hit bring the wolf's HP down even more, Damien prepared his sword again. He knew his energy was running low, and after this hit he probably wasn't going to be able to activate his sword skill, Snake Bite, again. "... Which means I've gotta hit this one," Damien spoke to himself quietly. 

Damien ran at the <<Frost Wolf>> once again, his <<NIghthawk>> aimed forward. He then continued to launch the sword forward in a series of three blows, once again forming what would look like to be a huge snake bite on the side of the wolf. The last hit sent the wolf a bit back, and Damien jumped out of the way. Yesss.... "Your turn!" Damien smirked at the <<Frost Wolf>> as it growled at him, his HP bar decreased just a small bit from it's previous amount.

Spoiler
76576 9 8 6 4 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat 2017-02-04 10:40:43

Base Damage: 1 [Base] + 1 [Nighthawk] + 1 [Skill] +1 [9-Crit] = 4 DMG
Sword Art Damage: 4 [Base] * (3 *1) [Snake Bite] = 12 DMG 
Total Damage: 12 [DMG] - 0 [MIT] = 12 DMG

Frost Wolf: 147/390 HP (-12 Health)

[H:5]Damien: 100/100 HP 1/10 EN [+5 HP/+1 EN/ -3 EN] 
[H:9]Jonathan: 770/780 HP 66/78 EN

@Morgenstern

Edited by Damien

Jonathan remembered a question Damien had asked him. 'Woops, forgot to answer!' Jonathan turned to the man and said, "No. I am far from a damage dealer, but soon I will be able to make up for one" Jonathan looked at the wolf, his look becoming a blank stare. "Actually, I am a tank. In fact, the second best tank in Aincrad. My damage skills are quite low, or else this creature would already have been dead." He sighed. Being a tank sucked some times. When it came to damage at the moment, you could literally do nothing. He was trying to get his battle healing skill up, then his sword skill. He watched as the man attacked the wolf again, hitting once more and bringing its health down a mere sliver. Jonathan smiled and attacked. He got closer and closer to his target, and as he got close enough, he unleashed Lasing Chopper into its body. Its health was brought down quite low. A few more hits and the thing would be completely finished. 

Frost Wolf: 77/390 HP (-70 Health)

[H:5]Damien: 100/100 HP 1/10 EN 
[H:9]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 53/78 EN [+30 HP/ -7 EN, -1 EN]

@Damien

Edited by Morgenstern

gray_fullbuster_gif_by_atsuyanii-d5fgj72

"I don't always speak softly; But when I do, I carry a big stick."

Damien thought being a tank would be fun, but the inability to do much damage would become very tiring, he knew. But the second best tank in Aincrad, eh? That was something special. Pretty awesomely amazing.  "So do you know who the best is?"  Damien watched as the second best tank in Aincrad went at the <<Frost Wolf>> once more, dealing an amazing amount of damage. Still a lot more damage than I can deal...

This time, Damien did not have enough energy to activate a sword skill. Instead, he simply ran at the <<Frost Wolf>> with his sword held in front of him, going for a thrusting-type of hit. The hit, though, missed it's mark (by a large margin) as the wolf simply ducked to the side. Eh, not missing near as much as I have before, and I'm okay with that. I need to make sure I am hitting my mark, though. Otherwise any amount of damage is not worth it. "It truly is awesome that you are the second greatest player with a tank build in Aincrad!" Leaping back, he looked back at Jonathan. "Your turn, Jonathan."

Spoiler
76632 4 11 13 8 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat 2017-02-04 21:49:55

Miss! -2 Energy

Frost Wolf: 77/390 HP (-70 Health)

[H:5]Damien: 100/100 HP 0/10 EN [+5 HP / +1 EN / -2 EN]
[H:9]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 53/78 EN 

@Morgenstern

Edited by Damien

Jonathan heard Damien speak, asking another question about tanking. The best tank. "Oh, he's no biggie.... Only the strongest player in Aincrad, and the holder of a unique skill that is named after a greek hero that was invincible. happens to be Achilles. He literally is named the invincible warrior." Jonathan laughed and charged forward, the wolf seemed to be way ahead of him and dodging his weapon. It did not want to taste it again. He smiled and withdrew back to keep himself from being hit. Damien seemed to be loaded with questions and was just firing them away. Wait... This one was not a question, but instead a complement. "It really is not much. The only reason I have made a name for myself is the fact that I am a Paladin in my guild. Hikoru, who is the Master of Shadow's, Is more known about then I." He turned away, a bit depressed. He was just the blond taking damage in the front. 

76656 BD:1 MD:1

Frost Wolf: 77/390 HP 

[H:5]Damien: 100/100 HP 0/10 EN 
[H:9]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 53/78 EN [-2 EN, +1 EN]

@Damien

Edited by Morgenstern

"Don't act like that's not a big deal, Jonathan." Damien let his guard down slightly as he looked at Jonathan, but he knew any attacks the wolf made would be directed at Jonathan from it's anger. "Don't you dare say that that is not a big deal." Damien held his sword as he looked into the sky. "You are fighting on the front-lines, attempting to help clear the game, are you not? Thousands of people or so here are not fighting and are simply scared of dying, waiting for the game to be cleared by people like you. You are part of their only hope. The damage dealers and healers on the front-lines? They depend on you, and the other tanks. Otherwise, they would die. So don't you dare act like it is not a big deal, alright? We need you up there. Everyone does, if they want to escape this game. I know it was probably very hard work getting to where you are at, I don't underestimate that at all. " Damien smiled at Jonathan as he took the turn to restore his energy a bit. 

No attack made. (I could've but didn't feel like it xD)

Frost Wolf: 77/390 HP 

[H:5]Damien: 100/100 HP 1/10 EN [+5 HP+1 EN]
[H:9]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 53/78 EN 

@Morgenstern

Edited by Damien