PP-F4) Where the Snow glows White

Jonathan listened to Damein who was trying to make him feel a little better about himself and his level. "Yeah people need me, I know that. I heard the Calrex is taking somewhat of a break recently, so I am the only tank out there for the frontlines at the moment." Jonathan chuckled. He guessed that the ones that were really up there could take a break from constantly training since they did not have to worry about scrambeling up to be strong enough. He looked to the wolf. Damien did not attack it, so he might as well go and attack. He faced the wolf and smiled, charging forward. He slashed the wolf, making seven well placed slashed. The wolf shattered and Jonathan smiled. They also got some good loot from the fight and he sent half of the rewards over to Damien. He should enjoy the rewards. "Lets get moving. We are almost there I think" 

Spoiler

76713 BD:9 MD:4 LD:17

Frost Wolf: 0/390 HP [-77 HP]

[H:5]Damien: 100/100 HP 1/10 EN [+5 HP +1 EN]
[H:9]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 53/78 EN 

LD:17+3=20
390*5=1950/2=975 Col Each
+1 Mat each

@Damien

Edited by Morgenstern
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 Material +975 Col. Will be updated at completion of thread.

Damien watched as Jonathan the tank finished off the Frost Wolf, in a beautiful display of seven critical hits. Wo. Beautiful for a non-DPS, I must say. Watching as the experience point screen popped up, it had given Damien a large amount of experience points. But what really gave him an exciting feeling was when he received part of the loot sent to him by Jonathan. One material, and 975 COL! WO! That is a lot of col... Damien looked up at Jonathan. "Did you even keep any of the col yourself? Or do you also have some secret scout build to your name you also haven't told me about?" Damien still gave a surprised look, as that was more than half of all the col he currently had on him before hand. Of course, Damien had visited shops (NPC), but still... That was a lot. "Oh, we are? Awesome!" Damien questioned as to if the boss could even possibly be as strong as the wolf was.

@Morgenstern

Material Hunting:

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
76731 2 9 5 4 Damien Msg_hover2.png Material Gathering 2017-02-05 20:53:37

+0 Extra mats.

Edited by Damien

Jonathan glanced over to Damien and noticed the man had gone wide eyed. He had been surprised to see so much loot. The man looked at him and asked if he had given him all the col. Jonathan waved his hands in the air and said, "Well no actually. I gave you half of the col, and kept the other half to myself." The man's next question made him chuckle a bit. "Secretly a scout build? No. I just have an item that improves my chances, and occasionally I get really lucky."  He laughed and leaned against a frozen tree. "give it a few and we will set out again. You need to regain your energy. O do as well, and we need to make sure we are in tip-top shape. He closed his eyes after he ensured he was in a comfortable position to regain energy. He still had no idea what Damien was going to do, but give it a bit, and the man would have it figured out in no time. 'He seems like a cool guy, and he will make for a fine frontliner one say if he makes it that far. He will have to do a ton of training though. 

Well, I guess maybe it was just from the high health of the mob. I guess. Damien watched as Jonathan told him that they needed to take a break for a bit, and Morgenstern laid back on a frozen tree. Well, I guess I do need to restore my energy. Damien did not worry about finding any kind of tree to lean on, rather he sat down in the snow before lying down in the snow, that held grass deep within. There was definitely a large amount of snow. Damien did not mind it though, and actually enjoyed the nice cold feeling in his hair as he laid his head back. Ahhh, does this feel good. Damien raised his head for a second to look at Jonathan, before laying his head back. This seems pretty childish, but eh. Who cares, I'm sure this other player won't judge. "So you said you were a paladin of a guild, right?" Damien finally spoke. "What guild was that, again?" Damien couldn't remember what the player had said regarding the guild, or even if he had said the name of the guild.

@Morgenstern

Damien found a spot in the snow and decided to rest there, laying back into the snow. For a second, Jonathan thought the boy was going to make snow angels for a second but soon enough the man began to speak. It was a completely unrelated matter. It was about his guild. "My guild's name is the Celestial Ascendants. I am the founder, but not the leader. I am a co-leader with three other people, and collectively we make the decisions. We are a guild to help increase levels gradually and help them get to the Frontlines. The system consists of three different parts. Apprentices, Sentinels, and Paladin's. The Sentinels are there to be a Paladin's right hand. They can also create training days and other things" Jonathan looked back at the thought of the guild. They had pulled it off extremely well. The system did not cause too much problems, and they were all able to just get along. Yeah, they had to fix a few kinks but now they were fine. 

Wow, this guild seems like it was really planned out nicely. Damien listened to Jonathan, enjoying the way he talked about his guild. This guy is really in to it, which is really awesome. The guild itself seems like a very exciting one to be a part of from the way he says it. He sat up from his lying location in the snow. "Wow, it sounds like you really have this guild planned out, which is completely awesome." The guild sounded very interesting to Damien, but after the guild that originally asked him to join at the start of the game had gone out and ended up dying, Damien hadn't even considered the choice of joining a guild. Training days, though, would probably be very beneficial to be honest. Damien smiled. "How many of your members help out on the front-lines, or at least any way in helping with the front-lines?" He was genuinely enjoying talking about it. 

@Morgenstern

Edited by Damien

Jonathan stood quietly. The man seemed quite fascinated with his guild. If the man wanted to join, he could but the blond was not going to press him into it. The darker haired man sat up and Jonathan pushed himself off the frozen tree to stand. Then the man asked his next question. "Helping in the frontlines eh? Well, we got myself, the other three Paladins Itzal, Kasier, and Hikoru. Then, Sey, our balance build, I think he is there if not, then he is really close." Jonathan laughed and unsheathed his weapon. He pointed it at Damien and said, "I believe we are in good enough condition to fight Avalanche. It should be not that hard of a boss fight, and take not as near as long as that wolf. The only reason that thing came around was because I am here" Jonathan remembered the huge creature on the twentieth floor. That thing looked scarier than the floor nineteen floor boss. It was super powerful. It had some power radiated off of it, as if it were some divine power. 

Energy Restored!

Wow, they have a lot of people fighting in front line positions. Damien wondered if he would ever be there in condition to fight on the front lines and to help clear the game, and if it was really truly possible for him to become that strong. He quite honestly did not know, but Damien figured in time he would come to know for sure on that. In time, just give it time. Watching as Jonathan got up from the tree, as their energy had apparently been restored. Ah hah! I knew that the <<Frost Wolf>> was much stronger than what it should of been. But it being stronger than the quest boss itself? I guess maybe being of a higher level like that does that sort of thing. "Heh, this ain't gonna me much of a boss fight, but eh. It is whatever. Let's go kill it." Damien smiled as he quickly hopped up from his sitting position on the snowy ground of Aincrad, 

ENERGY RESTORED

@Morgenstern

Jonathan watched as Damien prepared for the fight. He knew it was going to be easy, easier than the wolf they just fought. It was still equally dangerous though, especially with Damien being a such low level. "Alright,  will make the first move, knock off most of its health. From there, I will tank and let you finish" Jonathan smiled and moved forward. Avalanche's location was not too far from here. He surged forward with Damien, hopefully, behind him. Then he heard it. A rumble echoed against the base of the mountain, coming from a few feet in front. He originally thought they needed to climb up the mountain, but he had proved to be wrong. He smiled, unsheathing his weapon. Avalanche made an appearance, its large icy form defying the players that stood in front of it. The blond smiled, nodded to Damien, and dashed forward. His blade quickly met the creature, striking it in the joint where the arm meets the boulder. Avalanche bellowed in rage and pain as the arm came completely "disarmed". It swatted at him, but he managed to fall safely back to the ground, Avalanche serious injured. 

Spoiler

76923 BD:5+3 MD:4

<<Avalanche>>: 30/100 HP [-70 HP]

[H:5]Damien: 100/100 HP 10/10 EN 
[H:9]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 72/78 EN [-7 EN, +1 EN]

@Damien

Uh really? That'll take me almost a year to finish off this freaking thing! Damien looked at Morgenstern after he commenced his turn and fell back. "Are you kidding me right now? Do you realize that it will probably take me about a whole year to finish off this <<Avalanche???!!!???" Damien prepared Nightwing as he charged at the boss, initiating his sword skill Snake Bite as he ran. I'm gonna kill you. And no, I'm not referring to this boss. I'm referring to YOU AINCRAD! But as Damien ran at the boss he soon found that Aincrad had different plans. Damien fell down into the snow, head first, tripping over who-knows-what. Maybe a rock or something. Damien quickly got up to avoid being attacked by the monster, and turned back to Morgenstern, feeling a bit embarrassed. "Your turn I guess?" Damien spat at the ground. Why must i be such an idiot??? I literally just tripped while attempting to attack.

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
77015 1 2 3 1 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat vs <<Avalanche>> 2017-02-09 09:30:51

Miss! -2 Energy

<<Avalanche>>: 30/100 HP

[H:0]Damien: 100/100 HP 9/10 EN [+5 HP / +1 EN / -2 EN]
[H:1]Jonathan: 780/780 HP 72/78 EN

@Morgenstern

Edited by Damien

Jonathan fell back to a battle position and watched as Damien went in, looking ready for the job. Then.... he fell. He somehow tripped and landed rather softly in the snow. Avalanche did not appear to care about the player and and picked up a giant cluster of ice, about the size of a boulder. He chucked it at Jonathan, and being unprepared, the blond took the damage, moving back a few feet from the force. He was a bit angry that he had been hit like that. He raised his weapon forward and charged. He sped forward like a bullet and began to hack into the Giant Ice golem's chest. Avalanche began to break apart, all of the pieces began to roll. He smiled. "We won't be seeing him again anytime soon, will we" The blond sheathed his weapon and the light around it faded slowly. "Sorry I did not let you do anything there, I was not going to sit there and fight it. "

Spoiler

77-48 BD:7 MD:10

<<Avalanche>>: 0/100 HP  [-70]

[H:0]Damien: 100/100 HP 9/10 EN [+5 HP / +1 EN / -2 EN]
[H:1]Jonathan: 760/780 HP 66/78 EN [-50 HP, +30 HP/ -7 EN, +1 EN]

@Damien

The monster boomed into millions of little crystal shards, emitting a large cry before finally disappearing. The loot screen appeared in front of Damien, giving him a very bountiful amount of experience points. Yeah! Damien quickly closed out of it as @Morgenstern continued to talk. "Nah, that is mighty alright. Well, for now that is. at least until I actually can do something." Damien smiled looking at the player. "Although you dealt a decent amount of damage for someone not invested in being a damage dealer at all. You got some ranks in that curved blade you got there?" Damien laughed a bit. "So where to know? We've finished the quest, but yet still it doesn't feel like we're done yet. It just... doesn't have that feeling to it. Wanna head back to town?" Damien smiled. "We may find something to do there." Damien really hoped so, because he strangely liked having the other player around. Or so just for a little bit. Damien knew he was going to have to go back to his usual solo routine.

@Morgenstern

Edited by Damien

Jonathan put his hands behind his head as the darker haired player began to talk. "Ahh don't worry about it. You will move up fast enough. It gets really easy when you get the incentive, and the next thing you know, you jumped five levels in a matter of days" He laughed. He remembered that one time he was trying to grind for experience. Ended up doing a bunch of fighting alone. It s a lot harder alone. He sighed and listened as Damien suggested that they head back to town to see if there was anything to there real quick. The blond nodded and answered, "Yeah sure, occasionally there is a new quest in floors, so perhaps we will find one that is lower in level." He chuckled and began back toward town. It was lucky of the to not find so many mobs out here. He did not deal enough damage to be able to take them all down. Then the man asked about his sword. "Well, I got rank three, but that is before AOE attacks, and it does not deal much damage. I will be okay once I Grandmaster it, but until then I won't be the best" Jonathan looked away. He needed to hurry and finish his tank build, or get it good enough so he could get some damage in. 

@Damien

Damien doubted any level would be 'good enough' to make it through the game, there always be something needed to be done. Something requiring more effort. Like when a new tier of weapon became available, or when a new skill is discovered in a quest and released to info brokers. Or just in general when the general mobs of monsters become stronger all-around as they increase in floors. There was always something to be done, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing in Damien's opinion. It's better than being locked in a world with no hope, where they all knew they were going to die. Here, people had at least a slim hope and that could take people somewhere. Because, they were going to make it out of this game, no matter what it took. Out of this hell to the players, out of what was Akihiko Kyaba's glorious dream. "Yah.... There are a lot of ways one can create themselves in this game. Within being a tank, there are still several different types of tanks. Tanks that just take about any kind of damage directed at them, tanks that are able to parry attacks, and more...." 

@Morgenstern

Jonathan walked forward speaking with the darker haired man next to him. It was quite the meaningful discussion in his opinion, and he was happy to allow the player tap into the vast knowledge of the game that he had stored in his head. Hopefully the man would use it for the better, and not take advantage over other players. If so, they might just be in a battle later on. The man mentioned there was many different kinds of tanks. The blond shrugged. There was tanks, and then there was dodge tanks .Only one player was a dodge tank. Worst idea in his opinion, but the man could do his own build. Dodge tanks lost the extra mitigation and health, but they could take less hits. He sighed and answered, "Tanks might be strong and hard to kill, but the problem is Phase. Things with phase get through everything and then we are useless. We rely on others quite often. Without healers, we would be useless, without DMG dealers, nothing would ever get done. Without scouts, nothing would have been found to get us this far." He smiled. Teasing the man's brain to think of the other builds was fun. Made the decision a bit harder. 

@Damien

Hmmm..... It seemed to Damien as if Jonathan was trying to make the decision even harder, but he knew there was still the option of going hybrid, and being an all-around fighter. And when you go out solo - That becomes very necessary. Death was still an inevitable threat around every corner, though. No matter where a player went, no matter how strong a player became, there was still a chance they would die. There is always some other NPC above on the food chain waiting to eat it's next victim, and sometimes it was even players waiting to do so, sadly. "Yeah," Damien finally said in response to @Morgenstern"The choices are of many." He gave a slight laugh and a smile as they continued walking, but he still had no idea with the whole class thing. Oh, what am I ever going to do? I mean, if I'm going solo...... 

Jonathan walked forward, the town was just ahead. Another five minutes or so of walking and they would arrive. Jonathan would part with him there. He placed his hands behind his head, thinking as he walked. 'He wants to be a solo player, but what would be a good build for that? Damage would ensure that what he fights dies before him, but now without proper mitigation he would not last bosses alone. Most things also have high accuracy so evasion would not do him well. Healer is a terrible build for solo, and scouting would not keep him alive very well.' Thinking about these things, he decided to just say, "Tank or DPS would be best for you. Perhaps a DPS-Tank hybrid build, with DPS being your main thing. Keep your battle healing skill up to keep the damage off for now, that is all the information I can provide." As they moved on, it was getting harder and harder to solo, and it was a way to go, it was harder and more dangerous. The players were seen as their own though. 

@Damien

He's right, but.... I need to have a good balance of everything. Not just damage dealing and the ability to take damage, but I also will need to keep healing items on me as well as a slight search and find curve so I can actually find much needed equipment/loot. Eh, let's just stick to what I need for now I guess. "True, true..." Damien found the whole conversation odd though, as most current members of guilds would ask people to join their guilds upon meeting them and going on a quest. Am I literally just that unworthy of a guild invitation? Guild members were doing that a lot lately, as players were beginning to stop solo-ing and seeing the dangers, and to build up their numbers to rise to the top. Damien knew he had heard of the Celestial Ascendants before... Maybe one of the top guilds? It didn't matter. Damien wasn't going to accept an invite even if he had gotten one, so it was of course no big deal to him. And with not be asked about a guild, Damien would not have to worry about thinking about his past....

@Morgenstern

Jonathan began to move forward, stopping at the edge of town. "Well, I believe this will be my last stop. You can go ahead and go exploring or whatever, but I have other things to do, more higher up quests to finish. I am trying to Grandmaster my Heavy Armor, then move on to battle healing" He shook the man's had and began to walk away. "I feel that we will meet again Damien." He turned his head and never looked back as he began to head back over to the teleportation pad. What was next? Perhaps that dual headed snake quest that he had never gotten done with Baldur. He sighed and said, "Floor one, Starting City" With a flash of blue light he was frisked away, but he would not be forgetting about the face of Damien. He had a desire to get stronger and fast, just like Domarus had. He just did not have such a feeling of.... He could not describe. Domarus would still be out there though. He was not entirely sure where, or what he was doing, but Jonathan was going to find out his motives.

@Damien Make your last post and then I will add the summary and lock it.  

In Damien's opinion, the quest had ended too quickly. He had not spent as much time with the front-liner as he felt he needed, but that was okay. Shaking @Morgenstern's hand, Damien nodded in his head in agreement at Jonathan's stating of them probably seeing each other again. "I hope so!" And with that, the front-liner player was out of their and heading to the teleport gate, not even bothering to glance back. Well, I got the experience points i needed I guess. And, a hopeful valuable friendship. A priceless one, one that could potentially help me get to the front lines. Damien looked around. Well, so what am I going to do now? Maybe go find some more quests I guess? I'm just gonna have to keep grinding. Apparently Morgenstern was on the floor to finish a very old quest he had forgotten to do, so maybe I should make sure I do them all? I don't know....