<Shadowed Light> (PP-F1) Sey

Spoiler

<<Earning a Living>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

Description: Every player, to survive in this death game, must make some form of Col. For some, they just hunt mobs. For others, they may earn a living and take up a profession. may meet During your search for a profession you meet a friendly NPC who will train you with your profession. You will have to material hunt and craft your item, or receive a free basic item from the NPC (such as an instrument or fishing rod for performers or fishermen.) Profession options and guides can be found here. Each profession's enhancements guide can be found here.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)

-RP can be PP or SP

-You may have assistance, however only one player may gain their profession and the materials rolled for at the end by a Moderator

-Repeatable for Materials only

Rewards:

1. A title relating to your profession
  2. The ability to open up a shop in the 'Merchants and Shops' section.
  3. 1 extra Skill Point
  4. Extra materials (rolled by Moderator whether GM or PST with Loot Die upon topic completion)

Recommended Level: 2

Hidden stepped forward into the town. She wore her cloak as usual, obscuring her features from those around her. It was time she figured, to see Sey again. She had grown stronger, and even though she hated to admit it... she needed his help again. She hated the fact that she relied on his help every so often. A thought crossed her mind. She really did not need his help anymore, she just... preferred having him around. She gave in and decided to send him a message. 

To: Sey

Subject: Earning a Living

Hey Sey, I am sorry to bother you again, but I would like to request your help on Earning a Living. I have decided to become a merchant after close consideration of what you said. If you are searching for me, you can check the friend's list, or just return to the bench that we met at

She pressed send and sighed, sliding on the cold bench seat. Hopefully he was not busy. She wanted to show him how much of a help that he had been. She still had yet to get anything other than her weapon, but the Artisan he recommended was closed, and so was the tailor. She was getting close to needing to go to someone else, but she was giving them some time. 

@Sey

A sudden messaged popped up while he cut a few onions, tears dripping from his eyes and a sad little violin playing from the song he bought from an NPC performer a while ago. How fitting. But enough of that stupid session. His finger would tap onto the HUD of the screen before the message opened up, and a smile would appear when the name of the sender was a familiar one. She was sweet and polite the last time they were together, along with a dash of her adorable looks as well. It was a pleasure to have met her, and now it seems like he gets the chance to see her. Throwing the knife into the sink, he would proceed to reply.

To: Hidden

Subject: Re-Earning a Living

"Hey Hidden, nice to hear from you again! I'll be there in a couple minutes, and I'm glad to here that you are going to become a merchant. I'll gladly help search for the materials. See you soon!"

And so with his casual hoodie and blue jeans, he would make his way towards the bench where the both of them had met last time. He decided to have a little fun and take two more Candy Apples with him, one in each hand. Upon arrival, he would re-enact the same way he met her last time. One candy apple will be held out towards her. "Hey there. Want a treat?" It was nice to see her again.

Hidden waited silently as was rather glad to hear the notification of him replying. Reading it carefully she smiled. 'He'll be here in a few minutes. Great!' She smiled and opened her HUD looking at the items she had gathered on her own. With a few seconds of looking she heard a familiar voice. Her face beamed as she seen him, but she realized he could not see her face. She looked around the area, seeing no one was nearby. She removed her hood, revealing her face. Her eyes met the candy apple and she laughed. She removed one from his hands, stared deeply at it and replied, "I can't believe you brought more of these!" She laughed and took a bite. She chewed and swallowed. 'Alright, one thing at a time' She felt her hand move to her sheath inside her cloak and she brought out a dagger, black as night. The air around it was darker as black mist protruded from the weapon. "This is my weapon, Shadow's Bite. Some of the materials you helped me get went to get this. Haven't managed to get around to get the other items though." 

He laughed as she commented, but her eyes gave away the attraction that she had to the treats that he had brought along. It made him smile as he saw her bite into the sweet item. His cooking must have really been improving, being able to make the same thing twice in a row now. "Come on! How could I forget? It's nice to see you again though." Sey explained as he would then look at the dagger, one coated with a nasty looking aura that seemed to be able to rip through tough surfaces. His eyes glowed with impression, taking interest in the item. "That looks amazing, really impressive. Already you are starting off strong. And don't worry about the other things. A weapon alone on this floor should be able to carry you pretty far." His head would then tilt towards the side as his lips would form a small "o" shape. "So you want to become a merchant, yes? If so, I don't mind being your coach. I am REALLY good with the business economy, which is what merchants are all about. If you don't mind me doing so, that is."

Hidden listened closely to the man. His White hair glinted in the sunlight, but his smile appeared a bit brighter. "It really is nice to see you as well, Casper" Her face felt a bit hot, but she tried to ignore it as much as possible. She smiled as she looked over, a few players coming through the gates. She shifted her position, hiding her face. Sey assured her that a dagger could get her far in the beginning. "I know, but I just want to get as strong as possible. I have to catch up to you!" Se laughed and turned looking at the details of the quest she had enlisted it. As he asked her of the merchant profession she nodded. She had studied a bit, and Merchant was the only one that would suit her. "I would not mind you being my coach or whatever. I really don't know much about people, or businesses so as always, you are perfect." The last part just came out of nowhere, but she kept it calm to act like it was nothing. She began to walk backwards, starting to head toward the gates. "So, how have you been lately? I bet you have a whole bunch of things going on" 

That was beautiful... Her ambition just touched him right there. This was the first player he met to make such a claim. Not about him being up there and all, but how she was going to catch up to him. It sounded as bliss as music, and he really hoped she would do that. "I know you will. And I will do everything in my power to make sure you do so." That was a promise he was willing to keep. A player with the ambition to catch up to him, that just had him moved for miles. They continued to speak as he would then place his right pointer finger on his chin and looked upwards, thinking. "Well I don't think a merchant necessarily has to be around people. I know some that work with organizations, or guilds here. Hm... Anyways! We need to find you some space. I think there is a bit of open land near my shop. It's not exactly next to it, but it's walking distance." He explained before then addressing the last part of their conversation. "Oh, I am as busy as a bee. But... I love it. I'm breaking ground, I aspire to be a frontliner, and I think that dream is coming true. What about you? Did you make some more friends? Take on more quests?"

Hidden walked beaming to the man. He believed in her that she would catch up to him level wise and she smiled. It was kind of hard for her to do, but she knew she could get somewhere soon. He began to talk more about the task at hand next. Apparently the first thing they needed was a space for her shop. She thought. He apparently knew of a space, and she nodded. "Lets go check that place out. I've been in your shop, I know you have a pretty good judgment" They veered in a different direction and he spoke that he had been busy lately. He probably was working in his shop and training in his free time. He then asked her what she had been doing. "Well, I took some quests by myself, took a quest with a man named Hikoru and helped a guy named Domarus search for materials. So, just quite a bit of training. Nothing really that special." She smiled and kept on walking forward. He wanted to be a frontliner. Something told her that he would be one of the more useful ones with his amazing build. "I finally got a rank into Search and Detect. After I get my dagger to rank two, I will be getting Gatherer so I can supply my own materials. Apparently, merchants can find cool enhancements in weapons. I might just find one for you one day." She laughed a bit before asking, "What would a preferred enhancement for you be?"

So the both of them were walking down towards the shop, but not towards the shop, as confusing as that might seem. It was about a block away from his shop, but that was nothing for him to travel. He might come to visit a lot, though it probably should be the other way around. He'd gladly provide her free meals, vanity meals were too easy to come by. "Thanks for your faith. I think you will like it." And he was hoping that it would be the case. He liked to believed that he was a good judge of character. She deserved what she wanted, and he planned to cater her desires to her. "Hika! That's a really good person. Scared the living heck out of me at first... But he means well. I'm glad that you got to meet him. And Dom seems cool too, though that lady he has..." Keres, the seductress. She was far too flirty and clingy for her own good. Sey cringed upon the thoughts of her, shaking his head violently to forget with his eyes closed before breathing to relax, then continuing to speak. "You would do that? That is really cool! Hm... If I had to choose one, I think I would aim for Fallen Damage. It's VERY effective... But don't feel obligated to do it. I don't want to force you. Oh! And don't feel the need to pay if you want food with enhancements. Leave any order and I'll see what I can do."

Sey apparently knew the people he spoke of. She jumped at the noise he made after she mentioned Hikoru. Apparently he had also scared the crap out of Sey as well. "He scared the crap out of me as well. I pulled a dagger on him. Fun times. He really was kind though, and I feel his heart was in the right place." She really thought Hikoru was nice, just he had a... different personality than she would have expected. He knew Domarus too, but apparently was not too fond of Keres. "Keres? She seemed nice. I mean, usually in the stories its the servant that turns out to be that bad guy, but nothing really seemed wrong with her." Hidden laughed and looked around as they walked. He seemed surprised that she would just give him a Unique Enhancement weapon, but she meant every word. "You are one of the kindest people I have ever met. You deserve the best. Not some equipment that is ok." She laughed and smiled at his offer for free food. "Yeah, If I become a merchant, I will have very inexpensive stuff. I need to be making a bit of money, but friends of mine, and friends of friends can get unique enhancements if I don't need them. I myself would probably want some like Blight or envenom. That way I can deal maximum damage. know anyone who would want Holy or Burn Damage?" 

She was definitely a brace one, being able to pull a dagger on someone like Hika. But she was able to think for herself and had the mindset of survival. Defense was something crucial in this game, he had a feeling that she was not going to die early in the game. Good. He would not forgive her if she died. "Yeeeeah, he could definitely use some work on his entrances... But he's one of my leaders in my guild. Celestial Ascendants don't have a sole leader, it's more like a council. It's no dictatorship." Sey explained as he would then place his hands behind the back of his head. The topic of Keres though... Yeah, Hidden didn't really need the details. No one needed to know about that time. "Ehhhhhh, it's nothing too serious." That moment was over anyways. And he was hoping it would never happen ever again. The praise that Hidden gave to him made him chuckle nervously, embarrassed from the sudden compliments. Like many other people, he did not do so well under such praise. So he tried to divert it towards a different direction. "Ohhhh, I'm just doing what everyone should be. But you definitely make it worth it, I haven't seen such ambition in anyone before when I helped them." He tilted his head to the side upon the Holy or Burn Damage. "Hard hitting with Blight. I love that! As for Burn and Holy Damage... Ah... Sorry. I don't know anyone who needs it. But I'll send them your way when the time comes."

Hidden followed Sey further down the street. "I thought it was not that far?" she asked solemnly. It turned out Hikoru and Sey were together in the guild. From what she could recall, there was nothing said about Hikoru's guild She might join, but she did not like the idea of a guild. It did not suit her one bit. She thought for a second after he replied he knew nobody. "Burn should actually also be damage over time. I might want that as well. There are a few more out there, but I have no use for them." It appeared that after this, they might just need to go ahead and set a date for material hunting. She would not have Gatherer by then, but she definitely could be of some use. She smiled at Sey. She would be more than happy to help him get a unique. He had done so much for her, it should be easy to do something just as good for him. "When I become a Merchant, if there is anything I can do for your guild I could strike a guild. Fill your members with Uniques or something like that. 

"Ohhhhh, I meant walking distance from my shop. Sorry about that. It's about... one minute away. Hm, in the meantime, I'll contact the agent that helped me build up my shop to send you the basic necessities for being a merchant." Stupid, stupid, stupid... He was usually so good at clarifying things. Hidden heard correctly, it was just Sey's lack of proper wording that ended up confusing the poor merchant to-be. "I can see the appeal. For daggers, that's perfect. Slowly burning through an opponents health, sneakily until eventually they are weakened and you can strike. Pretty good idea actually. For me, I'm trying have a good balance build. Damage is extremely crucial I learned. So Fallen Damage works with my accuracy."  He opened up the HUD screen and went to earning a living, sending a message to the man who helped with the building and helping him become a chef in the first place. Exact coordinates had been sent to the location Sey was leading Hidden towards, so the materials should eventually arrive. His eyes widened though upon her offer, only for him to then look down with a neutral facial expression. "You know you don't have to go that far for me, right? I said it before, you aren't in any debt to me."

Hidden walked beside Sey as he spoke and contacted a few people. He explained the means of damage in his build, very important. She wondered if he had high mitigation and healing skills as well. "Well, for my build I need as much damage as I can get, so Damage over Time weapons would be great." She smiled as they arrived. It appeared she would be placed in a very decent place. She turned as he spoke of her offer. "I never said I was in debt to you... its just... I do whatever I want" She looked away from him to hide the redness in her face. "So lets talk names. You have any ideas? I am pretty sure you always have something going on in that little head of yours." I am surprised you hadn't mentioned anything already" she herself had an idea or two, but she knew that Sey always came up with good ideas. She also wanted him to get a chance in it. It was he who decided she should be a merchant anyway. 

He nodded with approval as she explained that she needed as much damage as she could get in. Provided she get a damage familiar along with the blight damage, she should be set. "Perfect. Weakening a monster an putting yourself at an advantage. Remind me not to cross your path." Sey replied with his smile returning, the usual calm one that he let the world see. The next part had him full well confused however as she never mentioned debt. Hm... Just because she wanted to. Sweet. Now that connects to another question. Why did she want to? But he was not going to pressure her any further on that. The discomfort that she let about just about explained it. So he would move past that and address the final part. "You bet I do! Since this is the space you plan to occupy, the game will provide you your own building. Tap the space and the blue circle. A building shaped like mine should appear. You are free to design it however you feel." His finger would flick down to open the menu once again, just to see the statistics. "My client is arriving in a few minutes. We should get ready for him. Anything specifically you need for the shop to personalize it?"

As they paused forward, the two casually spoke about her shop. She laughed and a smile played on her lips as her told her to remind him to never fight. As they got a little more upon topic she glanced around. He got to the point of personalizing and other things, even though she had asked him for names. "Well... Like everything else about me, we could have it shadowed theme. Even be lit with blacklights. I don't know if that would be the most friendly way to attract customers." He spoke of his client like he was an agent, working for a huge company. As much as this guys was doing, he might as well be. He then instructed her how to get the building to appear. She walked forward slowly to the little panel thing that laid in front of the plot of land. She tapped it and immediately a few questions popped up. she smiled and pressed the blue cicles one by one. After all was done, in a blue flash a building popped up right tin front of them. It was designed to be more merchant like though. In her hand laid a silver key, and she looked toward Sey with a mischevious smile

The ons part that had him confused was when the names aspect came up a few moments ago. He did try to speak like he understood, but to no avail. It took him about a hot minute for him to realize that it was the name of the shop she was asking for, and the strong cringe he felt was evident on his face as he realized how butchered his reply would be. Well... The best he coukd do was try to recover. "Oh, you spoke about names before, right? How about something that is uplifting about yourself. Like... Violet Codex?"  Codex was just a book that had pages that could be turned. It sounded powerful however. The violet aspect however was what he came up with when he noticed the color of her eyes. "That may not attract them... At first. But thats how any shop works. To impress people, you need to advertise yourself. What makes you better than any other merchant? Why are you the better deal? Things like that."

Hidden smiled and moved back to Sey and looked at the new building. He was suggesting names. The first to come out was Violet Codex. She could have sword Codex was a book of information. It would be for like if she was a broker. She shrugged. It was fine. "If we are moving to more describe myself, it should be something with Shadows." She looked over at his face and said, "Violet Codex sounds cool, but I'm think that would be more for a scout broker. Blighted Shadow? Nah. I was trying to get what I did in there as well, but I don't think that sounds any good." She really did not want to hurt his feelings over his original idea, but she also was quite sure that he could handle it. She laughed and made a motion with her hand, asking if they should possibly go inside the building. She was a bit excited, and she knew she would love it, no matter what it was called. Another... eh thought came to her mind. "Shadowed Wares?" 

The pain! Oh how his pride had been shattered! The end was very near as he knew it! His whole life, he had been taught to get used to rejection. Unfortunately, as bad as that may have sounded, he was numb to it thanks to how much it had been done to him as a child. A few times when he tried to help his father, he would break down into a teary mess in front of a potential customer when he did not know what to say or do. But eventually, he grew to adapt to it and accept it as life as it went on. He was immune and even happy for her when she chose a name. "Shadowed Wares. Sounds very suitable for your shop. I like it." The snow haired player would explain as the back of his hands would be placed behind his head. At that moment however, an HUD screen would pop up in front of him, and the materials were delivered. Not just that, but a little guide for merchants came along with it. "Sweet! The items arrived. I believe some items should be put into your inventory thanks to you taking the quest as well."

Hidden was rather pleased to see that he had not minded when she ditched his idea. He also appeared to like her idea of Shadowed Wares. She would turn to him as he yelled, seeming rather excited. The items for her shop had arrived and she smiled. She took the cold silver key in her hand. Moving to the front door of the shop. She put the key in the lock and twisted her hand, hearing a satisfying lock on the other side. She was in. The place looked like Sey's but it was unfurnished. There would be no need really for furniture in this shop as it was a merchant. Customers would stand the entire time, get what they need and get out. She smiled to Sey. "Thank you once again for your help. I will see you soon and we both can do some material gathering. Perhaps by then I will have Gatherer and we can find an equal amount of materials." Se smiled as she entered, knowing that she needed to get started on working on the place. 

The key unlocked the door needed to ger to the shop. It was her home now as well as her shop. And hopefully she can live up to them ambition she displayed, he had high hopes for her as a merchant and an overall player. It would not be fair to doubt though. She did seem to know the information needed for a merchant. Now her next goal would be to execute her words. "Of course. And when you do, hit me up. I am just down the street, a block further and my shop is right there, so you know where I will be. Nice to see ya again, Hidden. And I wish you the best for your shop." With that happy tuned ending, he would place his hands in his pockets and walk away with a satisfied smile on his face. The business industry was growing at a rapid pace. It will soon get to the point where ever single profession had a professional, Sey wanted to be the main chef of Aincrad. There was competition, but he refused to lose. And so he would walk back to his shop with the winning mentality.