[PP-F1]The Quest for Pajama Pants <<Earning a Living>> (Mack)

Damien had finally come to the decision. Staring at the quest <<Earning a Living>> on his heads up display, Damien knew he could delay it no longer. He needed better clothes, simple as that. Sleeping in the cloth armor he currently had was not treating him too well, but that was all he currently had. If Damien was able to become a tailor, he could change that and maybe actually look cool in public and sleep well in private. The newbie cloth armor he currently had on simply was not going to cut it, especially if he ever aspired to getting to the front lines. Having already read the quest requirements over several times before, Damien finally clicked the accept button and was one simple step further into having better clothes. Ahh, it sure does feel good, even just being a simple step closer. The map for the quest, which would lead him to the NPC that was going to train him in his profession, was in a shop next to where he stood. Aww sweet! Damien quickly ran in the place, the Tailor's Hut or so it was called, and had a quick discussion with the NPC owner, coming to find he was going to need to collect materials before learning to craft. Simple enough. After the swift discussion with the NPC, Damien was out the door and headed out of town, considering which way he wanted to go to find the materials. 

@Mack 

Edited by Damien

Mack stood in one of the gates that led from the Town of Beginnings out into the frontier lands that immediately surrounded the area. His axe, Invictus, was unsheathed and the haft of the weapon was planted on the ground as the Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath leaned upon the top portion of the axe head and scanned the fields where low-leveled players liked to congregate for the purposes of leveling up. At his current level, the fields offered no challenge and the experience point return from slaughtering the creatures here was so pathetically minuscule that it would take a week, or more, to eke out a single level from killing them. So, what the man was doing down on such a low floor was anyone's guess. Nearby Chewie, the grizzly bear cub, was gamboling about just outside the main gate, occasionally scampering up to people as they left the town to try and beg treats off of them.

Damien continued walking through town, still not exactly sure which way he wanted to go to look for materials. At the gate, Damien found himself stopping at the sight of a - What is that? A small bear or something of the sorts? I don't even know, but what is it doing on floor one? Especially close to the Town of Beginnings? Damien thought as the questions ran through his head, until he saw a very strong-looking player, just standing in the gate. Thinking about it, the player must have been a beast tamer and the bear cub must've been his 'familiar'. Otherwise, it wouldn't have made much sense for the bear cub to be on floor one. "I should probably get going," Damien muttered under his breath, barely audible by the other player. Damien unsheathed his sword, the <<Nighthawk>>, as he walked out of the town gates. Should probably keep this out in case that bear decides it wants to attack me. Damien continued on the path heading out of the town, the same one he had taken the other day to Horunka Village.

@Mack

Chewie, for his part, was not easily dissuaded from most people. At least not until he received some form of food offering. Even if it was only some bread. Sitting back on his haunches the little grizzly cub stared around for a likely target, his chocolate eyes finally settling on the form of Damien. With a tiny bear cub roar, the mass of fur, muscle, and teeth set off in the direction of Damien. As he rumbled along like a tiny freight train the cub's tiny pink tongue lolled out like a dogs and he scampered for everything he was worth. Of course, as Chewie was wont to do he managed to trip over his own over-sized paws. Just like that the mass of fur went rolling tail over head until he came to a rough thumping, and upside down, stop with his back against Damien's legs. Roaring a greeting from his upside down position the bear scrambled to his feet, scaled Damien like a tree, and then pointed a clawed toe down his throat.

gray_fullbuster_gif_by_atsuyanii-d5fgj72

"I don't always speak softly; But when I do, I carry a big stick."

As soon as Damien had let his guard down for the bear, it took the chance to get him. Hearing a very small roar emit from the bear cub, Damien turned as it barreled towards him. The bear tripped and landed at Damien's legs, delivering another roar, before climbing up him. "What th-" Damien looked at the bear cub (that was now on top of him) with a face of surprise. It pointed a toe down his throat, maybe as to say it was hungry? Damien looked at the bear cub before eventually attempting to pick it up, in effort to get it off of him. "I'm sorry, I truly am. I.... don't really have any food at all on me." Damien made a rather sad look in regards to the food as he wished he could have more before speaking again to the bear cub. "Sorry...." Now, since the bear cub had not attacked him, Damien was rather sure it was a familiar to the other player. Damien eventually was able to pick up the bear cub and set it down before looking at the player again. "This your bear cub?"

@Mack 

Edited by Damien

No food. What kind of lie was that. The guy was heading out of town and into the wilderness. Of course he had food. Even if it was only bread. Everyone knew that. Chewie gave Damien a look that seemed to bore into the very soul of the other player. The look that said very clearly, 'Bro, you're going out into the wilderness. You've got food. We both know it. I want some. Now.'

"He's mine," Mack rumbled from where he was standing and observing the scene, though the axe man gave no indicator at all that he was likely to move in any way to intervene regarding the situation. "Mostly he does whatever he wants, you'll do better to give Chewie what he wants and what he wants is food." Calmly the Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath watched the developing situation with storm grey eyes and waited to see what Damien's next move would be in attempting to placate the wriggling mass of fur and muscle.

Damien found himself laughing inside. Wow are you persistant, bear cub. He opened up his inventory, pulled out a (vanity)loaf of bread, and tossed the entire thing to the bear cub. "Well, here yah go. You earned it." Damien began to wonder at the name of the bear cub being Chewie. Could that really be in reference to Star Wars? I'm not the only person in Sword Art Online that watched 'old time' movies of that sort? Looking over the very buff appearing player, Damien analyzed his situation. He didn't quite know what to say yet, so as he thought he stared down at Chewie. The player was obviously very strong, and could deal lots of damage with his two handed battle axe. It was kind of obvious that if this player was not on the front-lines, well he should be there. Damien knew he couldn't make a bad impression with a front-liner.  "Do you fight on the front-lines?" He didn't know quite what else to say other than that. 

@Mack

Edited by Damien

BREAD! Chewie detached himself from the front of Damien's gear and dropped to the ground with a heavy, whoofing thud. With a mad scrambled of paws the grizzly cub set off at top speed after the food treat. It was only bread, but bread could be eaten, and that was the most important thing about it. The cub took a flying pounce and landed squarely upon the small loaf of bread, clutching it in all four of his paws. Rolling onto his back Chewie flashed some vicious looking sharp teeth and began to tear big hunks out of the food with great gusto, and a little bit of growling.

"It's like watching Nobunaga devour Nippon," the towering Vice Commander remarked in an off-handed sort of tone, gesturing towards Chewie. The ginger headed man then considered both Damien and his request for a moment, deciding on what and how much to answer. Shrugging his shoulders, and leaning on the axe that was planted in the ground, the ginger giant responded. "I'm Mack, Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath," he rumbled, rolling his neck with a small series of popping noises. "And yes, I am a front liner, more or less."

Watching as the bear cub chowed down on the bread, Damien wondered how the bear could enjoy the bread so dang much. At the reference to the Nippon and Nobunaga, Damien didn't quite have any idea to what he was referring to. He wondered for a second before his mind turned to the man's response as to if he was a front-liner or not. Holy shoot, this guy... He's THE second in command of the Knights of the Blood Oath, one of the, if not the, strongest guilds in the game... "That is awesome!" Damien exclaimed with a bit too much excitement. "I hope I can be on the front-lines some day and help people to escape this game." Damien didn't mind too much of he left the game two years later or if it was even ten years later, but he didn't want as many people dying so he knew he had to get up their. Even if it meant he had a pretty great chance of dying. There was also the fact, of course, that Damien loved seeing mythical creatures and all, and he figured there would be quite a few of them as floor bosses. 

@Mack

A small geyser of crumbs erupted from the center of the bread loaf's mass as the small grizzly cub ripped into it with his claws and teeth. In no time at all the gluten filled delight had been utterly obliterated as it found a new home in the bear's stomach. Rolling back to his feet, Chewie shook himself like a wet dog and sent another spray of crumbs in all directions. As the crumbs left contact with his shaggy brown body they exploded into blue pixels. It was a pretty effect, even though there was no practical point to it. That done, chocolate brown eyes began scanning the area for another player to scam out of a treat. After all, odds were good that Damien would not be providing another snack.

"It just takes time to build up a high enough level," the Vice Commander rumbled, shrugging his broad shoulders. "Everyone had to start out somewhere, even Commander Heathcliff." The Vice Commander continued to lean his forearms across the top of the axe for a few more minutes, considering the dark haired player in front of him with a keen, storm grey eye. "What are you up to this morning anyway? Other than feeding the local wildlife, I mean."

Watching the animal eat as he listened to @Mack's comments, Damien noticed it looked as if the animal knew he would not spare anymore food for the small bear cub. Damien knew wasting food on these NPC animals may have been 'nice' and all, but they weren't 'real'; And Damien had to make sure he did not forget that. Listening to the part about Commander Heathcliff, Damien didn't quite know the name. He didn't know the name of most people in the game, but this Heathcliff one seemed like it should've been one he should've remembered. Damien could only assume the title of Commander met he was the commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath, one of the strongest guilds in the game by far. Giving a slight laugh in regards to the question as to what he was doing this morning rather than just feeding local wildlife, Damien finally replied. "Ummm, I quite honestly am just looking for materials to finish this quest to become a tailor." 

Chewie's head snapped around at the word materials. Materials meant the raw goodies that went into food. Everyone knew that. Ok, sometimes it meant the odd bits and bobs that master put into the things that he made at the forge. The sad, lumpy, shapeless metal things that were not food. Chewie knew the things from the forge were not food. Early on he had bitten nearly everything that was made at the forge, just in case it was food and Master was player a cruel trick. But, it never was food and now only a few rare things were ever occasionally in danger of being bitten. But, materials could also mean meat. Chewie liked meat. Materials could also mean honey. Chewie really liked honey. And if you were Magda, materials meant fishies. Fishies were the very best.

Rumbling a woofling cry, the bear cub charged down on Damien and scaled the other player until he sat perched across the swordsman's shoulders like an ugly, and furry, toddler. Rumbling a bit more, the bear made a gesture that clearly said it was time to go out and get the honey that Damien had just said, very plainly, that they were going to be getting. "Looks like the bear has decided he wants to tag along," Mack remarked dryly, shouldering his massive axe. "Alright then, let's get moving."

Damien was not expecting anyone to go with him on the quest by any means, and he was most definitely not expecting what did unfold. The second in command's little bear cub that went by the name of Chewie quickly ran up Damien's body, sitting on his shoulders. Oh great, I hope he isn't expecting me to collect more food for him.... Ugh. "Oh?" Damien wanted to think of an excuse for why the bear and the front-liner couldn't come with him, but Damien had no idea whatsoever. "Okay then, might as well get going." Simply repeating, in a way, what @Mack had said. Damien began to walk out of the gate, finally. Okay, as soon as I am done with this I'll be able to craft myself some much needed clothing/armor. Damien couldn't say that he necessarily disliked having the bear on his shoulders, because he didn't dislike it. He actually rather enjoyed it for some very in-particular reason. "Enjoying the view from up there?" He laughed a bit. Even though the bear cub could not physically speak his language back to him, Damien found it a lot easier to speak to Chewie rather than the strong and untalkative seeming front-liner. 

ID: 77842
BD: 7 (4+3 Amulet)
MD: 4 (3+1 (Neg. EVA))
SA: Explode Catapult (28 EN) - 7x2x20=280

[H:2] Mack: 1090/1090 78/106
Damien: ??/??

Boars 1-4: 265/545 (Mit. 0, EVA 0, ACC 0, DMG 10) [-280 DMG]

Chewie rumbled several responses to Damien as the pair of them passed out of the main gates of the Town of Beginnings. The bear gestured grandly with one front paw in the direction of the treeline that surrounded the fields immediately around the town, while making some noises and smacking his lips in such a way as to say, 'There be honey in them thar tree! Liquid gold! Scumptious eatables! FOR ME!' For his part, the Vice Commander remained largely silent as there seemed to be little enough need for them to discuss anything, at least up until the point when four boars were spawned by the game engine, at which point the towering axe man moved to the fore.

"These boars will be geared towards me," he rumbled in a low tone to Damien. "Do not attack them until I have sufficiently drawn their hate, you may have any loot they drop though we will split any col rewards evenly between us." Without another word, or really waiting for a response, Mack charged forward and scythed the weapon through all four of the porcine beasts, reducing their health point pools by roughly half in a single attack.

Equipment:
Invictus +6 DMG
Golden Axe Amulet +3 ACC
Angelic Lantern +2 Heavy Momentum

(OOC: Didn't post stats at beginning of thread so I'll just go with my current)

Spoiler
  • Level: 11
  • Col: 2375
  • Energy: 22
  • Health: 220
    • +5 HP Per turn in combat. 
  • Base Damage: 4
  • Mitigation: 0
  • Accuracy: 1

• Skills:
    • Battle Healing Rank 1 {+5 HP per turn in combat}
    • One Handed Straight Sword Rank 2. {+2 Damage}
    • Search and Detect Rank 1. {+1 LD}
  • Equipment:
    • Nighthawk. (One handed straight sword) {+1 Damage}
    • Thunder Ring. {+1 Accuracy}
    • Cloth Armor {Vanity}
  • Typical Battle Ready Inventory:
    • 4x Health Potions {+40 HP}
    • Over-Health Potion {+50 temp. HP}
    • Nighthawk Forest (Debuff song) {-3 Evasion to opponent for four turns)
    • Strong Fish (Fish) {+1 ACC}
    • Time of your Life (Song) {Vanity}

SWORD ARTS:

Hide contents

One-Handed Straight Sword (13 Arts)
RANK 1
Vertical - 1x1 - (1 Energy) - A simple sword art slashing vertically.
Rage Spike - 1x2 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A basic, weak skill that leaps at the enemy and follows with an upward strike.
Snake Bite - 3x1 - (3 Energy) - A triad of brisk angular slashes chained in succession.
RANK 2
Vertical Arc - 2x2 - (4 Energy) - A simple two-hit sword art that form a "V" pattern.
Horizontal Square – 4x1 - Stun - (7 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces the shape of a rhombus.
Vertical Square - 4x1 - AoE - (8 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces the shape of a square.
RANK 3
Vorpal Strike - 1x5 - (5 Energy) - A powerful thrusting sword art that doubles the length of the user's attack range.
Star Quint Prominence – 3x2 - (6 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces a vague star shape.
RANK 4
Deadly Sins – 7x1 - Stun - (10 Energy) - Seven thrusts with the sword in the pattern of the Big Dipper Constellation.
Lightning Fall - 1x8 - (8 Energy) - A hard-hitting ranged attack that begins with leaping off the ground, performing a single mid-air backflip, and stabbing the user's sword into the ground to create a field of electricity.
RANK 5
Nova Ascension - 9x1 - Stun - (12 Energy) - A high-end skill that targets the opponent with a flurry of slashes, and concludes with a concussive hilt blow.
Shadow Explosion - 9x1 - AoE - (18 Energy) - A high-end skill that chains several consecutive thrusts and slashes.
(MA) Meteor Break - 11x1 - (11 Energy) - A skill needing Martial Arts and One-handed Sword skills that uses tackles to chain together strong attacks.

The bear seemed to become rather excited upon seeing the treeline, as if expecting some type of food from their as it gestured towards the area. It made Damien smile, but he still had no idea why the front liner wasn't talking much. Before Damien could actually start up a conversation with the vice commander, however, the boars came. They seemed to have a stronger... feeling to it, from Damien's point of view. They couldn't of been typical floor one boars. But, Damien figured it was just one with more health drawn by @Mack's higher level. Preparing his sword, Damien almost charged at it with his Snake Bite skill before being stopped by Mack. Okay, so I'll just wait for him to land a hit or two... The vice commander dealt a large amount of damage to the boar, and Damien merely watched as it's health bar decreased. "Ummm... I'll just let you finish it off and I'll try to learn from your impressive moves." Damien laughed a bit at his honest uselessness.

[H:2] Mack: 1090/1090 HP 78/106 EN
[H:0]Damien: 220/220 HP 22/22 EN [+5 HP \ +1 EN]

Boars 1-4: 265/545

ID: 77999
BD: 4 (1+3 Amulet)
MD: 4 (3+1 (Neg. EVA))

[H:3] Mack: 1090/1090 77/106
Damien: 220/220 22/22

Boars 1-4: 265/545 (Mit. 0, EVA 0, ACC 0, DMG 10)

"Suit yourself, but that's no way to learn," Mack rumbled in a deep tone. While the boars had a ton of health points, in part because Mack was in the field with Damien and the system recognized that the standard health values on the level one boars were not going to get the job done, beyond that they were not really all that much tougher than the normal boars that were to be found in the fields. As each of the four boars butted up against the Vice Commander with their tusks the towering man gave them a series of kicks to shove them away. The blows did nothing but shove the beasts away. "You need the practice," the Vice Commander continued, planting the haft of his weapon in the soft dirt and ignoring the boars altogether as they attacked again and missed him. "I've drawn enough hate that you should be able to attack them with no fear. Get some practice in."

(OOC: Your RP-post did not meet the 150 word count, please comply to the rules)(OOC: Thanks for editing)

But Mack appeared to see things differently then what Damien saw. Dude, I just want this quest over already.... I don't want this bear on my shoulder, I don't want to have some front-liner show me up, But I guess.... I could turn this into some valuable learning experience. Damien readied his black and white blade, <<Nighthawk>>, and prepared his sword skill Vertical Square. the sword skill was one that could deal damage in a wide area of effect, so it would be good for the situation in the battle against four boars. He steadied his blade, resting it slightly on his shoulder as he waited for the right moment. As soon as Damien felt the moment come on, he ran up at the boars attempting a four slash combo. One. Two. Three. Four. His hits could not find their mark though, sadly.  Damien found this had happened a lot recently, as if his Thunder Ring wasn't actually increasing his accuracy yet decreasing it or something. Quickly, Damien stepped out of combat range and left the boars to Mack, as he had said. Speaking to himself quiet enough in which it was not clear to Mack what he was saying but he could be heard, Damien sighed. "Every time, every time. Why do I even try?" 

@Mack

Roll:

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
78006 3+1 8 13 1 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat 2017-02-23 06:05:31

Miss! -2 Energy

[H:2] Mack: 1090/1090 HP 77/106 EN
[H:0]Damien: 220/220 HP 21/22 EN [+5 HP \ +1 EN \ -2 EN]

Boars 1-4: 265/545

Edited by Damien

OOC: This fight was started PRIOR to the patch for Loot Min. drops.

ID: 78048
BD: 13 (4+3 Amulet)
MD: 7 (6+1 (Neg. EVA))
SA: Explode Catapult (28 EN) - 7x2x17=238
Battle Healing: +20 HP

[H:6] Mack: 1090/1090 49/106 (-4 DMG, +20 HP)
[H:0] Damien: 220/220 21/22

Boars 1-4: 27/545 (Mit. 0, EVA 0, ACC 0, DMG 10) [-238 DMG]

"As with all things, it takes time to get into practice and to get comfortable," Mack rumbled, calling to Damien as the boars lined up one at a time and charged into him. Their porcine attacks didn't so much as stagger the ginger giant as he stood with his axe planted firmly in the ground. Even as the single points of damage ticked off his health bar from the attacks of the mobs Mack's skill in Battle Healing activated and the lost health was nearly instantaneously replaced in his health bar. "That tickles," Mack rumbled, completely ignoring the boars. "You can't rush your attacks," the Vice Commander continued, swinging Invictus into a ready position. "When you rush, you miss." The ginger giant drew the axe back for a wide sweeping attack and held it for a half second before releasing the blow in a whirlwind of motion that slammed into each of the boars in sequence. "Now, you try it."

Damien listened in to the Vice Commander, @Mack's, advice. He certainly hoped it would help him. Okay, I can't rush it this time. I gotta get it right. Mack then attacked the boar with a very strong sword skill, bringing all of them down into the red area of the health point bar. Alrighty, this is my only shot before me and - errrrrr, I mean just Mack - finishes it off, so I gotta land a good hit. Damien held his sword back and took a deep breath, as it turned into a light pink color once more. Carefully, Damien came back into the close combat area with the boars and he hoped to land a good hit. 

As the sword dealt its series of four quick hits, Damien quickly stepped back as he watched the boar's HP drop further into the red zone. "That is a little more like it!" Damien smiled and backed away quickly, as to allow room for Mack to attack. 

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
78050 5+1 12 8 9 Damien Msg_hover2.png Player Ran Combat 2017-02-23 19:31:56

HIT! -4 Energy

Sword Art Horizontal Square (4*1) * Base (4) = 16 DMG to all boars.

[H:6] Mack: 1090/1090 49/106 
[H:1] Damien: 220/220 18/22 [ +5 HP / +1 EN / -4 EN]

Boars 1-4: 11/545 (Mit. 0, EVA 0, ACC 0, DMG 10) [-16 DMG]

Edited by Damien

ID: 78053
BD: 8 (5+3 Amulet)
MD: 5 (6+1 (Neg. EVA))
SA: Smash - 1x2x15 = 30 DMG

[H:8] Mack: 1090/1090 46/106 
[H:1] Damien: 220/220 18/22

Boars 1-4: 0/545 [-30 DMG]

LOOT ROLLS IN SPOILER:

Spoiler

ID: 78054
LD: 4 (Nothing)

ID: 78055
LD: 4 (Nothing)

ID: 78056
LD: 13
CD: 9
Loot: +2 T1 Mats (Damien)

ID: 78057
LD: 14
CD: 10
Loot: +2 T1 Mats

Auto Loot: 3270 Col (Mack & Damien, each)

"See," the hulking Vice Commander asked in a booming tone that easily carried over the ambient noises being made by the boars as the creatures launched yet another futile frontal assault on the towering ginger giant of an axe man. Their tusks scraped off the bearded man's armored legs and he paid them hardly a second thought. "Patience is a virtue, especially in combat. It's all well and good to be faster than your opponent, or to be stronger, than they are. But, if you have poor technique or an incomplete knowledge of how to apply that speed and strength then you are more likely to fail," the continued as the boars launched still another fruitless attack. Of course, given what the Knight of the Blood Oath guessed his hate number was at it was hardly a shock that they were somewhat frenzied by now. "Patience and calm are always the better options, like so," he concluded and, without another word he scythed his axe through the boars and obliterated them into four showers of pixels.