[F03- PP] <<Feeding the Enemy>> Falcown...PAWNCH! [Complete]

Spoiler

ID# 76238: BD: 13 (10+3) 

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: 12 * 6 = 72 -12 EP +1 EP

EP [8/32]

"Right!" 

Beat's eyes continued to follow and his mind, which was certainly sharper in combat than at other times, was calculating attack vectors and he quickly noticed a flaw in the AI of this group of birds. He smiled as he prepared himself to strike, his left leg glowing a familiar white-blue. 

They use the same attack pattern every time. Extremely coordinated for animals, but a little unrealistic and far too easy to read.

"You can do better than that can't you?"

Beat leaped into the air again, his glowing leg making a full circle in the blink of an eye as he unleashed his sword art. His heel crushed into the avian bones of his enemies, knocking each of them into the tall grass field in which they struggled to pick themselves up. ONe by one, they gradually took to the air again, certainly flustered and feathers frayed from the abuse they were taking. 

"Sorry, that one is hard to direct when trying to hit so many targets!" 

Edited by Beat
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shield:

Spoiler

Action: Howl

Mobs

Spoiler

[Dire Pigeon 1 - HP: 24 - DMG: 30] ID# 76239 results: MOB: 7 - Hit! - 30 dmg - 27 Mit = 3 dmg, Thorns - 14 dmg
[Dire Pigeon 1 - HP: 10 - DMG: 30] ID# 76240 results: MOB: 8 - Hit! - 30 dmg - 27 Mit = 3 dmg, Thorns - 14 dmg
[Dire Pigeon 1 - HP: 24 - DMG: 30] ID# 76241 results: MOB: 7 - Hit! - 30 dmg - 27 Mit = 3 dmg, Thorns - 14 dmg
[Dire Pigeon 1 - HP: 10 - DMG: 30] ID# 76242 results: MOB: 5 - Miss

As each bird hit the ground and fought its way back into the air, Shield decided to capitalize on their state of disarray. He sucked in air and projected it as forcefully as he could, pushing the birds into each other, falling back onto the ground with a heavy flump. The weakest of the four squawked and fought its way out of the pile, but as the others struggled to extricate themselves, Shield ran and dove onto them.

The clawed and scratched as they fought their way out from under him, leaving countless tiny red cuts to glow across Shield's belly, but all three of them had lost a significant portion of their remaining hit points at the hands of Shield's thorns.

"I doubt it was meant to be used that way," he chuckled. "Still, I'm more useful with a belly flop than I am with a spear, or at least so far."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76243: BD: 9 (6+3) LD: 12 (6+7) 

Crescent Moon - 3x1 - AoE -Dmg: 10 * 3 = 30 -6 EP +1 EP

EP [3/32]

Loot: 3400 col and 4 T1 Mats

As Shield kept the poor creatures grounded, Beat chuckled, always one to be amused by the antics of feathery animals. He watched for a few moment before finally deciding to put them out of their misery.

A falcon does not play with his prey.

Beat walked towards them as they managed to eventually get away from the armored tank. He stayed on the ground as his right leg glowed with less intensity as it had before as he snapped his leg out and around, much like a roundhouse, sending a wave of energy crashing into all three of the avian creatures. The wave carried them for a good ten feet before the brave, but stupid, birds exploded into a spray of red pixels. Beat clapped his hands together and smiled as the rewards menu popped up. 

"Not a bad haul for such an easy fight. Honestly, why don't we farm these guys more often?" 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 76244 results: Loot: 8 + 4 = 12 - No materials (3 total)

Thumbing through the window himself, Shield gave an appreciative nod before closing out of the display.

"It would be effective, so long as we don't burn ourselves out on it," he replied with a shrug. "I am happy with any result that nets is materials, though. I'm running low in my shop these days. As long as you have the energy to keep blazing through enemies though, I'm up for taking the hits. At least until we get up past about floor... five. For now, at any rate."

Shield bent down, examining the battlefield until he found what he was looking for. Straightening back up, he held out what looked to be an entire chicken leg to Beat.

"The spoils of war," Shield said, indicating the almost cartoon-like hunk of raw meat in his hand. "Hopefully this will do a better job of bringing in your feathered friend than your bare hands."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76245: LD: 18 (11+7) = 1 T1 Mat found (6 Total)

Unequipping Eagle's Splendor +3 Acc and equipping Finder's Keeper +1 Skill Rank (S&D)

EP: rest 1/3

Beat bent down and retrieved a bird leg of his own, however his was tagged as a material, and he stashed it accordingly, already satisfied with the haul he was getting from their adventure. He looked at the chicken leg Shield presented him with a quizzical eye before seeing no tag on it. He assumed it would help him bring a falcon to him as Shield had said. He took the juicy leg and resisted the urge to try and cook it, despite him being able to think of a recipe that called for the exact thing he now held. 

"I'll have to use the other one of these I found to try a new recipe. Poultry is delicious!" 

His eyes searched the sky for the falcons that had been there before, but to no avail. The hunting birds had either had their fill, or run away with the commotion from their battle. He let out an audible "tch" and continued walking through the plains of the third floor, swapping his accessories once again to increase his odds of finding the perfect familiar.

"I guess it isn't surprising that our fight scared them away. Falcons seem like they would be too smart to be captured anyways. How do humans do it?"

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 76246 results: Loot: 3 + 4 = 7 - No materials (3 total)

"That... is a messy question," Shield said, reaching up and scratching the back of his head. "I believe it's illegal to own raptors without being licensed in most western countries, but don't quote me on that. Back when falconry was a serious pass-time of the nobility, however, I would guess they found them as hatchlings and raised them in captivity."

His footsteps followed Beat's, letting the younger man lead the way since it was a quest to secure his own companion. Shield figured it would be more rewarding for Beat if he took the reins a little more actively.

"Suffice it to say, I think taming animals in SAO is significantly more simplified than it would be in real life."

With one hand, he pointed with his thumb towards Norbert, quick to move it back out of the way before the turtle could get in a snap at the digit.

"These guys are pretty shy," Shield went on. "If I were to hold out fish to actual wild turtles, they would likely just run away."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76247: LD: 11 (3+8): no mats (6 Total)

Rest: 2/3

Whether he was aware of it or not, Beat was enjoying taking the lead on this quest, his eyes peeled for signs of their falcon friends or perhaps prey that would eventually lead to them. He nodded in response to Shields wisdom, a scowl forming on his face at the idea of people mistreating Falcons or any animal for that matter. 

"Raising an animal in captivity just for the sake of owning one is wrong. This falcon will be my partner for the rest of the game. You're right though, taming an animal in a matter of hours is insane compared to how long it normally takes." 

HIs pace suddenly quickened as he spotted a high flying falcon, this one larger than the others they had seen. His gut tightened and he eased his pace, wanting everything to go perfectly if he was to obtain the majestic creature. He ignored the contents of the ground for now, his focus turned on the grand prize. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 76248 results: Loot: 3 + 4 = 7 - No materials (3 total)

"So you're opposed to zoos then?" Shield asked, a little amused at the staunchly strong opinion Beat had voiced. "Captivity is a messy subject. Yes, it's I'm sure no kind of life to live, but captivity and more specifically breeding in captivity has saved a couple of species. Because of it, giant pandas are nearly free from the endangered species list, and the tiger population is finally starting to stabilize."

Shield sat back, waiting to hear how Beat responded. He was hardly one to bait someone for the sake of an argument, but he did think very highly of the ability to question one's own opinions, so when a strong one cropped up unexpectedly, it was interesting to challenge it.

"I'd get yourself ready, beast tamer," he said, keeping his voice lower now as they began closing in on their target. "I don't know if it makes a difference in the game, but I definitely did my best to avoid sudden movements."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76249: LD: 27 = 1 T1 Mat found (7 total)

Rest complete! Full EP

Beat made a mental note to respond to Shield's probe once he had finished with this. His eyes watched as the falcon perched on a far away boulder, landing with its eyes locked on the younger player, gazing directly into his eyes as his feet froze. Beat returned the hunter's gaze for several minutes before placing his hand on his gut as he had several times that day. He slowly stood up and steadily walked towards the boulder, signalling for Shield to stay back. He would take his time, showing the creature that patience was something he was capable of, even if it was against his instincts. 

I can do this much , and you can teach me to make it natural.

He kept his breathing steady for the several minutes it took to reach the rock, stopping a respectful distance from the bird of his desires. He slowly presented the haunch of meat as tribute, hoping his hunted prey was satisfactory. 

This is it! I can feel it! This is my partner!

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 76250 results: Loot: 10 + 4 = 14 - No materials (3 total)

Following Beat's gaze, he saw the small raptor that had lighted nearby. He slowly took a seat on the ground, watching as the attempt unraveled before him. He remembered how tense he had felt when he was offering food to Norbert not so long ago.

There you go. Easy does it.

In the stillness, he took a moment to scan the area, taking note of their surroundings. He could not see any materials nearby, nor did he see any enemies. There should not be any interruptions. Shield crossed his arms, his eyes drifting back and forth between bird and player, watching the gap narrow between them.

There is definitely an initial distrust in the animal, but that was as it should be. Humans are big and intimidating to anything that size, let alone birds.

As Beat offered the leg, Shield could almost see the gears turning in the bird's head. There was a very long, tense moment where it seemed to be making up its mind about the food as well as the one offering it.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76251: LD: 10 (2+8) = eat me roller, eat me...

Several minutes passed while the falcon and Beat stared into each others’ eyes. The falcon would occasionally tilt its head slightly, as if the gain a better perspective into Beat’s character by changing its view point. Without warning the Falcon flew directly towards Beat at a glide. Beat’s heart quickened as he forced his feet to root themselves to the ground. If this was a test of resolve, he would not fail it.

I am worthy…as are you...

The majestic bird gradually slowed its glide and landed on the out stretched haunch of meat, putting its beak only a foot from Beat’s face. Beat could feel the bird’s weight against arm and was sure he would be able to hold it for some time, but he truly wondered what was about to happen. Clearly the creature had measure of trust in him since he was willing to get this close for so long, the only question was why.

What now?

After another minute of gazing into the young player’s eyes, the falcon snapped its beak and blinked a few times before tightening its grip on the offering Beat had presented and flapping its wings to take off. It stared at Beat as it as it hovered only a couple of feet above him. Beat finally allowed himself to blink as his stomach began to sink, a feeling of sadness overcoming him.

“Why?”

The falcon proceeded to fly away, keeping its altitude low and its speed slow. Beat didn’t understand until the raptor looked back and released a screech, circling as it appeared to be waiting for him. He looked to Shield, his face sad, but hopeful, his normal decisiveness dampened by his worry that his gut had finally betrayed him. 

“I guess we follow…Yeah?”

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 76311 results: Loot: 10 + 4 = 14 - No materials (3 total)

"You tell me," Shield answered, shrugging his hands slightly. "This is your quest."

With a grunt, he pushed himself back up onto his feet and dusted himself off. His long legs closed the distance in a few strides, and he clapped a heavy hand on Beat's shoulder.

"Don't be too discouraged," he said giving Beat a little nod. "Norbert wouldn't even come out of the water until I had fed him half a bag of fish. It's just gonna take time time. It doesn't help that we both picked pretty timid creatures to be our companions."

He reached behind him and gave Norbert a little tap on the shell. The turtle snapped its jaws, waving its legs as its skyward-pointing head wove lazily from side to side to try to discover the source of the knock.

"It apparently doesn't mind being near you. That's a good start. However, trustworthy and worthwhile are two different things. You've proven one so far. The other will take more, it seems."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76312: LD: 15 (7+8) = 1 T1 Mat found (7 total)

Beat let out a large sigh to relieve some of the stress he was feeling. The falcon did seem to trust him and was obviously waiting for him to follow, presumably to a place where he could prove his worthiness. He nodded and smiled at Shield's encouragement, taking the lead once again and following the Falcon's lead at a jog in order to keep up. He spoke softly to Shield as they ran. 

"I suppose it makes sense that a Falcon would not only be timid, but also proud. Like you said, earning its trust is only half of the solution. A falcon is intelligent and rather high on its food chain, so for it to swear fealty to human being, it will take more than simple intimidation." 

He grinned as he watched the bird lead them down the dirt road, one of it's feathers breaking away and flying straight to Beats waiting hand. This was the second feather he had found with a material tag today and he quickly noted that both this and the previous feather looked to have very similar markings and coloration. 

Thank you friend...

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 76314 results: Loot: 18 + 4 = 22 - +1 Material (4 total)

Shield followed at a steady pace, giving Beat a few feet so that the falcon would not be too concerned with the extra human. It was interesting to see the creature lead them with such purpose. Whatever it had in mind would certainly be an interesting ordeal.

Along the road, his peripheral vision caught something bright and colorful on the edge of the road. Slowing his gait, he took a closer look and saw what appeared to be some sort of prism. Stepping over to it, he knelt down and examined more closely. There on the edge of the road sat a hunk of wild quartz, the sharp facets catching glints of sunlight.

That must have been what caught my attention.

He picked up the material, likely intended for alchemy of some sort, and pocketed it, watching as it vanished into his inventory. It was good to see his stack growing. He would need the extras for his shop.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76328: LD: 14 (6+8)= no mats (7 Total)

The two players from crossreign would follow the falcon for twenty minutes, crossing rivers and hills and eventually into a small canyon. As they walked at the bottom of the canyon, the Falcon raised its altitude to allow them to see it despite the curves and twists throughout the rocky maze. Beat spoke as they rounded a particularly long curve that was only just wide enough to walk on without falling deeper into the floor. 

"This setting makes sense for a falcon to make its home...could it be taking us to its home? I wonder wha...aaa...!"

Beat's stammering continued as they finished rounding the curve to reveal a gigantic stone carving of a falcon's head made directly into the wall of the canyon. Beat attempt to collected himself as he took in the sight of dozens of falcons lining the top of the canyon wall that surrounded the stone falcon bust. A large number also flew through the air around the monument as Beat finally managed to speak what was running through his mind, his feet glued to the ground. 

"So many of them...how? Why? What does this mean?"

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 76329 results: Loot: 13 + 4 = 17 - +1 Material (5 total)

The winding path to the monument was one that Shield had certainly not planned to walk today. The further into the canyon they followed the raptor the more care he had to take to mark his map for the journey back.

Finding a giant stone falcon head was also not on his list of things he expected to do. As they approached the mysterious landmark, he kept his wits about him. Although likely not dangerous on their own, if a swarming cast of falcons attacked all at once, Shield might have a hard time curbing their attack to protect Beat. To his right, he spotted a chunk of ore in the wall of the canyon that he quickly pocketed.

"I feel like we're in the book Johnathan Livingston Falcon, and we're about to be called in front of the council for a matter of shame," he hissed at Beat, keeping his eyes as sharp as possible, considering how much sharper the birds' eyes were than his own. "Stay alert."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76344: LD: 18 (10+8) = 1 T1 mat found. (8 Total)

Unequipping Finder's Keeper (+1 rank to S&D) and Equipping Eagle's Splendor +3 Acc

Another feather fell in front of Beat's face, causing him to reflexively grab it and attempt to add it to his inventory. Luckily for him, it had actually been tagged as a material. The action barely registered to him as he slowly kept walking forward, his eyes taking in everything around him while paying special attention to the falcons circling around the monument. Four of the falcon immediately swooped down and surrounded Beat at head level, keeping out of arms reach. He stopped and ignored his instincts to defend himself, leaving his arms at his side and keeping his gaze neutral, not wanting to provoke them in any way. 

I don't want a fight from your kind. I'll prove it. 

The falcons circled him for a full minute before a loud screech was heard from above. Hearing the noise, the falcons dispersed along with the others that had been flying above them, taking their spots at the top of the stone walls surrounding them. The bird that had led them there certainly stood out in appearance and slowly made its way down in a spiral, landing on top of the monument and gazing the both Beat and Shield expectantly. Beat slowly looked back to Shield and gestured for him to follow. 

They're testing both of us? Interesting...

The two of them would quickly notice the Eye of Horus carved into the ground where a large circular indention occupied the area in front of the monument. The falcon resting atop the monument screeched again, causing the Eye of Horus to pulse with a blue light. Beat stood fast, whipping his menu open and swapping his items in a flash to orient himself for combat as four spheres of light emerged from the ground and floated around them as chest level. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 76345 results: Loot: 13 + 4 = 17 - +1 Material (6 total)

Immediately next to the first piece of ore, Shield managed to spot a second. He picked it up and stored it before following after Beat, keeping his eyes moving to scan the countless birds that surrounded them.

As they crossed the threshold of the engraved eye, he bristled, a chill running up his spine. He couldn't place his finger on exactly what was wrong, especially considering that the entire situation was exceedingly unusual. He chocked it up to the feeling of being watched, but something was still nagging at him.

As the four orbs emerged, he cursed under his breath, knowing now that there was more to his feeling than could be seen at the time. Still, not fully understanding the dance of the ritual that they had entered into, Shield stood at the ready, his namesake raised in defense should anything untoward come from the glowing, unearthly orbs on either side of them.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76347: BD: 9 (6+3) MD: 8

ID# 76348:  MD: 10 

ID# 76349: MD: 4

ID# 76350: MD: 1

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: 10 *6 = 60 -12 EP

Aspect of Horus #1: [110/170]: 30 Damage to Beat

Aspect of Horus #2: [110/170]: 50 Damage to Beat

Aspect of Horus #3: [110/170]: Miss

Aspect of Horus #4: [110/170]: Miss

Beat- HP[240/320] EP[20/32]

Four humanoids emerged from four bodies of light that had risen from the ground. They were ten feet tall, muscular and looked to be human with the exception of their heads, with appeared to be that of a falcon. The four being wielded staves as they awaited the players' first move. Beat would have normally allowed Shield to make the first move, but he was confident that he could withstand a single combined assault from the imposing figures. 

"Let's do this!"

The four guardians attacked as Beat took his time, waiting for an opening, the first striking him with a sweeping strike that connected with the side of his head, leaving him open for an even cleaner strike that sent him straight up into the air. Beat shook off the damage, the larger weapons leaving sizable red areas on his character model.

"Not bad! Eat this!" 

As he descended, he spun around in a flash, his kick sending a luminescent circle of energy outward, interrupting the other two Aspects mid-attack and connecting with the ones who had gotten the first blow. 

Edited by Beat

Shield

Spoiler

Action: Howl

Seeing the first blows exchanged, Shield rushed into the middle throwing out his arms and making himself as big and imposing as possible. He knew that Beat had gotten in the first blows, so he would need to act quickly to pull aggro. Sucking in air as deeply as he could, he puffed out his chest and protected his deep voice, sending waves of air to wash over the aspects in front of him.

"He's not the one you need to be worried about, big guys," he bellowed with all of the force of his rib muscles and diaphragm. "You've got me to worry about!"

He brought his shield up, practically disappearing behind it as he kept his eyes out to his sides, watching to see which of the behemoths would attack first. He shifted his foot, rotating in a slow circle, his eyes still shifting this way and that to keep the whole of the battlefield in focus.