[F03- PP] <<Feeding the Enemy>> Falcown...PAWNCH! [Complete]

Spoiler

ID# 76462: BD: 5 (2+3) MD: 9 (6+3) LD: 25 (18+7)  Note: See loot below

ID# 76464: MD: 6 (3+3)

ID# 76465: MD: 5 (2+3)

ID# 76466: MD: 10 (7+3) LD: 22 (18+4) Note: USing Shield's loot bonus as his thorns damage killed the mob. 

Miss -2 EP + 1 EP

All mobs have +3 Acc

Aspect of Anubis #1: [8/170]-  30 Dmg to Shield before MIT. 14 thorns dmg [Dead]

Aspect of Anubis #2: [22/170]-  30 Dmg to Shield before MIT 14 thorns dmg

Aspect of Anubis #3: [22/170]-  Miss

Aspect of Anubis #4: [0/170]-  30 Dmg to Shield before MIT 14 thorns damage [dead]

Beat- HP[264/320] EP[7/32]

Loot: 

1700 col and 2 T1 mats

Per ruling from staff: Sacrificing the first roll (ID: 76462: LD: 25 (18+7)) for familiar unlock. Familiar with special ability rewarded. 

"I guess you do, well, I'll try not to hold you back then." 

Beat moved away as the Anubis warriors came back for another assault. No matter how good of a tank Shield was, if Beat purposely put himself in harms way, there was no guarantee that he would come out unscathed, especially with the size of their opponent's weapons. Beat readied himself as they turned to finish their assault. 

Let's end this.

As he began to move, the final attack from the warriors swung wide, crashing into the temple wall, sending a large crack up the wall in through the ceiling. Pieces of finished stone ceiling began to fall on top of them, requiring Beat to dedicate the majority of his movement avoiding the crushing debris. Beat's attention was only diverted for a moment as he realized the falcon was no longer on his shoulder. He scanned the room with his eyes as he continued to dodge debris, unable to find his new friend. His stomach dropped through the floor as he feared the worst. He glared angrily at the remaining two warriors as he balled his fists up in anguish. 

"You had better hope you didn't kill my friend!!!!"

Edited by Beat
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shield

Spoiler

Action: Howl

One of the remaining guardians, fell to all fours under the crushing weight of one chunk of ceiling. As it do so, Shield took a running slide and took refuge under the juggernaut as more of the ceiling caved in, using his shield as a secondary barrier in case of the worst.

"Look at you," he shouted into the stooping face of the cracked and breaking enemy. "Your world is literally caving in around you and you have yet to harm either of us! What did I tell you? You're a joke!"

As the destruction of the room settled, Shield extricated himself, prying himself out from under the guardian that was still fighting to free itself from the rubble. He gave a quick snort in Beat's direction.

"I know we just talked about how I can take a decent amount of damage, but let's not be too zealous about testing that, alright?"

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76480: BD: 8 (5+3) LD: 25 (18+7)

Crescent Moon - 3x1 - AoE -  Dmg: 10 * 3 = 30 -6 EP +1 EP

All mobs have +3 Acc

Aspect of Anubis #1: [0/170]-  [Dead]

Aspect of Anubis #2: [0/170]-  [Dead]

Aspect of Anubis #3: [0/170]-  [Dead]

Aspect of Anubis #4: [0/170]-  [Dead]

Beat- HP[270/320] EP[2/32]

Loot: 3400 col and 4 T1 Mats

Total loot: 10900 col and 14 T1 mats

Beat watched the the warriors' careless attacks pinned them underneath pile of finished stone and rock. Gradually, they unburied themselves, but they were moving slowly and, according to their health bars, they were running on fumes. 

"time to finally end this!" 

Beat dismissed his search for the falcon as he jumped forward while rotating backwards, his glowing leg sweeping upward as he did so, releasing a wave of energy straight down on top of their beaten foes, crashing into the remaining enemies and destroying them completely. Beat kicked off of the wall of the room and landed safely, holding out his arm for his ally to land on. Echoing through the room, victory screech of a falcon could be heard as the floor of the room, featuring the same eye symbol they had now seen twice glowed a bright pale blue.

"What is this?!"

Beat shielded his eyes for the several seconds that the light was too bright to bear. Upon feeling his companion land on his shoulder once again, he opened his eyes seeing that the falcon now featured long golden feathers that ran backwards from both sides of its brow and trailed off into the air behind its head, giving it the appearance of eyebrows. The other noticeable difference was the pattern around its right eye that was identical to the markings throughout the temple. Beat stared in awe, unaware that a black marking matching that same marking now surrounded his right eye. 

"Incredible."

A voice filled Beat's head as he stared at the majestic falcon perched on his arm.

Thanks to you, I am now worthy of my birthright as the true aspect of Horus. Our lives are now one and I shall follow you to the ends of Aincrad.

Beat blinked a few times before finally speaking, "Wh-what should I call you?" The falcon blinked once before answering telepathically once again. 

"Horus will suffice." 

Beat could feel the telepathic communication cease as the glow of the temple completely subsided, giving their brief, but significant communication a sense of finality. Beat felt a sense of pride in himself but also from another, new source which he assumed was the majestic creature resting on his shoulder. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 76482 results: Loot: 2 + 4 = 6 - No materials (8 total)

Despite the elaborate display that Beat had been privy to, to Shield, all that appeared to happen was master and falcon staring at one another. No bright lights, no echoing voices, only what seemed to be a staring contest.

I wonder if this is part of it. First proving your worth and then having to dominate the bird. 

He reached behind him and gave Norbert a pat on the shell. The turtle groaned and flailed its legs rebelliously, using them to try to push away from the human that was always in its personal space.

You were a much simpler creature, weren't you. All you needed was some food and the courage to not care if my fingers got temporarily chomped off.

As the link between them was severed, Shield cleared his throat.

"We should get moving. We've been away for a while now. I'm sure both of our shops need attending to."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 76483: LD: 12 (5+7) no mats (10 Total)

Beat eventually managed to remove his eyes from his new friend as gave Shield a satisfied smile, the air about him changed some how and his eyes having taken on some of the intensity that belonged to his familiar along with the black tattoo of the eye of horus they also now shared. He took a final glance around the room before following Shield out of the cave, the exit from the cave much less eventful than the trip inside. 

"Yeah, I've neglected my kitchen over the last few days."

As they exited the monument, the screech of at least a hundred falcons could be heard from above. This screech was more of a cry of reverence and not so much one of protectiveness or aggression. The cry didn't seem to affect Beat as the monument's mouth closed, shaking the ground once again before all was finally still and the journey back home uneventful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Rewards -

6050 Col each

Beat: 4 SP (1 from quest, 3 for length), 18 T1 mats (7 from loot, 11 found), Familiar with one special ability unlocked (to be submitted for evaluation)

Shield: 3 SP (for length), 15 T1 mats (7 from loot, 8 found)