[PP-F20-NK] Crush Enemies, See Them Driven Before You, Hear the Lamentations of the Women... (F20 Labyrinth Search)

"It's been too long since I've done real front line work," Mack muttered to himself as he stood near the great sun dial at the heart of the town of Inti on the twentieth floor of Aincrad. As the sun shone down around the town, and presumably the entire floor, bathing it in light Mack considered his options. He knew that several of the Knights of the Blood Oath, including the guildmaster Heathcliff himself, had taken off on a scouting expedition of the floor that had already taken up several days. Macradon and Hirru had also both gone on that foray, along with a few members of the Celestial Ascendants though Mack had not been invited along for the ride. No doubt because he had not been around the front lines for several months.

Grunting, the goliath swiped his fingers in the air and then pulled up the messenger function. With both of the Knights of the Blood Oath's major scouts already taking part in a search operation, there was only one other scout that the Vice Commander could think of off the top of his head. Tapping the name @Takao with his right forefinger Mack pulled up a blank message and quickly tapped out a short missive, beginning it in a way that recalled a recent day's worth of mini-dungeoning.

Mine Dearest Bard,

How have the recent months found you? Still alive, I see since your name is on my contacts list. If you're up for it, I could use someone with your dungeon sniffing abilities to help with the search for the labyrinth, and its guardian boss, up on the 20th Floor. The mobs up here are big critters and big bugs. No Gnolls. So no worries. If you're up for it I'll wait for the next hour at the giant sun dial in Inti.

Once we slay the beasties, drinks are on me.

-Mack

Giving the send button a quick tap Mack settled himself in a leaning stance against the sun dial and waited for Takao's response, whatever it might happen to be.

"Ohh, who is it?" Aria asked, peeking over Takao's shoulder as he opened the private message that had just arrived. Her curious eyes had only just started to read its contents when Takao's hand pushed her face away.

"None of your business, that's who." Takao replied coldly. Aria huffed in protest and stomped to the other side of the Inn room, facing him as she sat on the edge of the bed with a thud. He exhaled an amused breath at the tantrum and turned his attention back to the message. He snorted out a light chuckle and shook his head as his eyes darted from one line to the next, speedily scanning over the words. "Come oooon! I'm so bored! We've been cooped up in this stupid Inn room for hoouuurs!" Her voice had taken on an annoying, nasally tone as she whined. Takao had pulled up the menu and had begun typing his response with the intention of denying the offer.

"I got asked t'keep you safe, not keep you entertained... 'n you are constantly getting into trouble whenever I take you anywhere. I'm already dangerously close t'acceptin' that I'm a glorified babysitter, 'n I don't care for any more help in realizin' it." Takao responded, absentmindedly typing his response. Aria had leapt up to her feet and taken to bouncing on the bed in protest. He turned his head and peered over his shoulder, one eyebrow slowly lifting in a questioning manner.

"Oh, please! You're over-exaggerating! When was the last time I got into trouble?" She asked, still bouncing on the bed in a child-like manner. Without missing a beat, Takao replied.

"Twenty minutes before I dragged you in here, when you were trying to get that guy to fight you. I recall you saying something along the lines of... Fight me, you filthy scrublord, I'll break your kneecaps. Sound familiar?" He turned back to the translucent window, looking quite amused by his response. He could hear the bouncing stop, replaced with one loud thud as she sat back down.

"Ugh..." She groaned, seeming to have finally given in... or so he'd thought. A light had gone off in her head; she remembered another promise. "Okay, fine... But can we at least go and do something? You promised to help me level up... and if you help me do that, then I can protect myself, and I'll be out of your hair!"

Her response brought pause to Takao's actions. What she had said was certainly true, he had only been asked to protect her because she was so weak... but he had indeed made such a promise as well. They had both agreed that it was mutually beneficial: She wanted to fight everything that Aincrad had to offer, and he didn't enjoy babysitting. Win win.

"...Alright." He said with a slight grumble to his words, deleting the message he had typed and replacing it with another that read...

Recipient: @Mack

"Get your stuff." Takao said as he stood up. Aria, who was now bouncing from the floor to the ceiling, managed to equip her gear whilst Takao did the same. He pulled the gloves tight and the pair left the Inn. A mere thirty minutes later, they arrived at the sundial, and Takao greeted Mack with his usual wave. Aria stood proudly and defiantly at his side, although she eyed the leaning man. "Whoa... He's tall." She said in a hushed, borderline amazed tone. "Who's the giant, Freckles?"

"Ayy. Sorry for the wait." He said, all but ignoring Aria's inquiry.

"Mornin' Takao, not a big deal on the wait," Mack rumbled, his grey eyes sweeping over the swordsman as he continued to lean his forearms on the top of the bladed head of his two-handed axe. When his gaze reached Aria, who's comments were either ignored or completely unheard the storm cloud eyes narrowed for the briefest of moments, considering Aria. Then, in a flash of movement, the Vice Commander stood and spun his axe expertly through the air and into the sheath at his back before dropping to actually sit on the gargantuan sun dial at the heart of the stone town of Inti before he flicked back the crimson trimmed white hood of his guild cloak.

"So, you finally found yourself a girlfriend, eh," the big man boomed in a carrying tone, reaching out a massive hand and clapping Takao on the shoulder. "Knew it had to happen sooner or later, good thing for you it's not my twin, I'd hate to half to threaten you," Mack rumbled with a chuckle. "So," he asked, settling the hand he had just clapped Takao with on top of Aria's head and ruffling her hair, "Who's this fair woman that's stolen the musical swordsman's heart, eh?" As he posed the question to Takao the axe man rubbed his bearded chin and waited for the answer. "Prettier than that Gnoll that took a shine to you."

"Not my girlfriend," Takao replied curtly, staring at Mack with the blankest of expressions possible. A lengthy grunt left his throat upon having his shoulder clapped, his gaze slowly traveling toward Aria, who looked just a little too entertained by the situation. "More like my pain in the ass." He finished, explaining the situation although he knew fully well what little use it would do. Mack had a habit of latching onto anything he could use to tease, and this situation was definitely a sturdy foothold.

The girl, Aria, stood about a head and a half shorter than Takao, and even moreso compared to Mack. She had shoulder length brown-auburn hair, thin eyebrows of similar colour that were positioned in a cocky sort of way, and inquisitive brown eyes. Her thin frame was clad in Aincrad-styled equipment, including a sword on her hip that looked just a bit too big for her size. Aria exuded a certain youthful innocence to her general demeanor, which gave the clear and rather justified impression that she was rather young. Perhaps having just entered her teens.

"This is--" Takao had just started saying before the girl piped up and interrupted him. "I'm Aria! Freckles here got convinced to be my personal bodyguard, aaaand he said he'd help level me up!" She said, arms folding contently.

"In a nutshell." He responded dryly. Intentionally refraining from making any comments on his other remarks, Takao instead refocused his attention on their efforts. "So, we're scoutin' then, yeah?"

"Ah, one of those," Mack rumbled, nodding sagely as a serious look crossed his face and he crossed his arms over his chest. "Sounds like she's more of a sister, I know how those can be... grew up with two of them and one's a twin," the big man said with something like a grimace as he stood up again to his full height which meant that Aria's head came up to just around the bottom of the ginger giant's rib cage. Or there abouts. For a second the blacksmith stared down at Aria with a penetrating grey-eyed gaze. "You're awful short, Mouse, practically travel size. I think I have a big sack in my inventory you'd fit in, so don't tempt me, sisters are annoying." Mack was already recalling the way in which both of his sisters had deliberately followed him into Sword Art Online several weeks after it had been announced that the game was, essentially, a death trap. The Vice Commander grumbled a few more unintelligible remarks, deliberately ruffled Aria's hair again, and turned his attention to Takao.

"Yeah, I had planned on doing some scouting. Both of our Scouts with the Knights are already out with the Guild Master and some of guys from CA, I think," Mack said, speaking now directly to Takao and directly over the head of Aria which was not a difficult thing to do given the vast disparity of their relative heights. "Wasn't invited, been busy. Wouldn't mind beatin' them to the labyrinth and the boss though, nothing we can't handle even if we are babysittin'. Hell, I babysat plenty of Privates in the Army, I doubt this'll be much different. Still, won't find anything without a scout," the cloaked man continued, shrugging his broad shoulders and speaking nothing that was not the plain truth. The ginger man had maxed out a good bit of his combat stats, but he was woefully lacking in other areas of his character build.

"You," Mack rumbled, abruptly lowering his gaze to Aria. "Will behave yourself and do as you're told," he continued in a stern tone, wagging one finger at the girl. "Or I will throw you over my shoulder and we will continue right on searching for the labyrinth. I have done it before as... what did you call him? Freckles? As he can tell you perfectly well, because he's seen me do it." The words weren't true, in a technical sense. After all, when he'd been hauling Shirosu back to the Town of Beginnings, after she'd tried a low-blow in a training duel, there hadn't been any combat. Just a lot of embarrassment for Shirosu. But still, it wasn't that far from the truth.

"I'm ready when you are, I guess. Lead the way."

"One of those." Takao parroted, nodding matter-of-factly. Aria looked much less entertained by their shared understanding of the situation and folded her arms, huffing and blowing out her cheeks. "She's a good kid though, I think. Doesn't usually get in the way during combat, but don't expect it to be a quiet trip." He figured a fair warning was in order. If there were any commentary to be made on the trip, it would surely be coming from her. Perhaps it would be a nice change for the narrative.

"I don't think you could catch me even if you tried, Wooly." Aria said, sticking her tongue out to him whilst also pulling the skin down under her eye. "Oh, that's what I'm calling you now by the way. Wooly, like a Wooly Mammoth!" It looked like the girl was preparing to say even more, but was silenced by Takao's hand being placed over her mouth.

"Beaten' your own people to the gold, eh?" Takao replied to Mack as Aria peeled the hand away. A coy grin formed on his face and a light chuckle rumbled in his chest, prompting him to bob his head in a nod. "Lucky for you, I'm in the business of beatin' people to the labyrinths." He wasted no time in opening his menu, sifting through the prompts until a long tree had appeared. Scrolling through the tedious lists had lead him to his inventory, and the coat he wore disappeared, leaving his torso clad in the undershirt. The gloves on his hand also disappeared, and were replaced with thicker brown leather gloves with golden designs; the Hands of Midas.

Aria's response to Mack was simply sticking her tongue out at him once more and quickly moving to Takao's far side, placing the brunet between her and the newly dubbed Wooly. Takao smirked in amusement before he started off, heading northward. "Let's get movin'."

Huntsman's Shirt unequipped.
Hands of Midas equipped.

Current Equipment:
Fang of Corrosion
Hands of Midas
Steel Aegis

"What's that, little mousey," Mack asked as the girl dubbed him with his nickname. In truth, the red head had been called worse, far worse, by the junior noncoms that he had been in charge of in the Army. In comparison to the names they had used for him, Wooly was practically cute. "I can't hear your squeaking from all the way up here." As he went to ruffle the girl's hair again, his sisters had always hated when he did that, she darted around to the other side of Takao and out of immediate easy reach. Opening his own menu, Mack scrolled through items for a moment before finally replace St. Michael's Fingers with a simple golden axe amulet which appeared around his neck. Somehow, the hulking man suspected that the accuracy boost would be most welcome.

"I'm in the business of showing the rest of the guild that launching an expedition without their Vice Commander may not be the best course of action," Mack said in a somewhat delicate tone, lacing his now bare fingers together like a master pianist and cracking all of his knuckles before drawing his weapon once more by reaching up over his shoulder and sliding the gigantic axe free of its sheath across his broad back. "Now, if we ignore the mousey this shouldn't be that different from the last time. I grew up with sisters, ignoring mouseys is easy. Just don't feed them attention," Mack rumbled, nodding sagely as they set out for the gates that would lead them to the wilderness beyond.

"So, any ideas on where we need to go? Also, how'd you manage to get saddled with babysitting duty?"

-St. Michael's Fingers
+Golden Axe Amulet (+3 ACC)

"I think you might be underestimating her persistence a bit." Takao commented idly as he walked, his attention far too set on the task at hand to bother turning his head one way or the other.

"Freckles here is right! You can't just ignore me, Wooly!" She chimed in, arms folding in defiant confidence. She watched as he drew the massive axe and swallowed, a troubled expression crossing her face before she quickly looked forward. Trying to remember that the appearance of a weapon was rarely a thing to be intimidated over was a difficult mindset to achieve, even if Takao had said it was important.

"Anyway, process is simple. We head to the outer edge and find the highest point we can find on the north side. If we don't spot anything, we move around the floor clockwise and do the same thing. Also, pay attention to monster spawn rates and their overall strength. They tend to get stronger and more numerous around the Labyrinth." Takao said, imparting a few nuggets of his labyrinth finding strategy unto Mack, and Aria as well to a lesser extent. "...and lastly, keep your eyes open for a bigass monster. The field boss. It's a pretty good intention we're headed in the right direction." He added.

He stewed over Mack's other question for a moment, contemplating his response. It would probably be a good idea to inform him that the girl, and now even he himself, were being followed by players that had yet to reveal themselves... but at the same time, he couldn't feel any extra pairs of eyes on him, nor could his detection skills sort out anything unusual. "I was asked t'watch her by a friend." He replied, opting for a simple response. "So, eh... what's new with the guild?"

ID: 76386
BD: 7 (4+3)
MD: 3 (Miss)

[Explode Catapult (AOE): 2x7x20 = 280 DMG]

[H:2] Mack: 1030/1030 (72/100)
Takao

Giant Wasp 1: 430/710
Giant Wasp 2: 430/710
Giant Wasp 3: 430/710
Giant Wasp 4: 430/710

"Did you hear something just now, Takao," Mack asked, turning his head slightly and arching an eyebrow quizzically at the swordsman. "Sounded like rats squeaking, they must grow them big here in Inti," the colossal axe man said in an easy tone, thoroughly ignoring Aria as he slid the haft of his axe along the tops of his shoulders before arching both arms over the newly formed crosspiece giving the impression that he was in some kind of standing stockade that didn't inhibit his movement. "I like that plan, especially since this isn't some kind of desert, volcanic, or tropical hell," Mack rumbled as a soft breeze kicked up. "Spotting a bigass monster should be easy enough though, even for me."

The trio continued to move out at a steady clip from the main gates of Inti as the conversation continued. The Vice Commander shrugged his shoulders at Takao's simple response for babysitting. He doubted the simple response was the full one, but there was no point in prying. If the swordsman wanted to reveal what was going on, then he would. If he didn't, then he wouldn't. It was as easy as that. "I guess the drinks tonight will be one apple juice and two beers then, eh," Mack asked, considering Takao's question on the state of the guild.

"Well, there's no denying that we're a bit leaner, and meaner, than we used to be now that Lowenthal's gone. Several others just up and disappeared too, but with Heathcliff still around, plus Macradon, Hirru, and the others we're getting along just fine I suppose," Mack rumbled. "What about you? I hear you finally joined a guild too, what changed your mind?" As he asked the question a buzzing sound filled the ears of everyone in the party and a quartet of giant wasps, big enough that Aria could have ridden them like miniature ponies, if she so desired, appeared off in the distance.

"Ah, our first catches," Mack rumbled, slinging the enormous axe, that was taller than Aria, down off of his shoulders. "Be right back." With those last three words the colossal man charged across the gap that separated him from the four wasps, closing the distance with large ground eating steps. Once he was in range Mack leaped into the air and swept Invictus back and forth in two savage sweeps that hammered into each of the wasps from both the left and the right. As his feet returned to the ground Mack slammed the butt cap of the axe against the digital earth, sending out a shockwave that slammed into the wasps from below and rocked them off balance, though not significantly enough to deliver a stun effect.

An amused snort was exhaled and Takao shook his head. He could practically feel the steam being exuded from Aria's ears, yet he found it to be better left unaddressed. The girl was an emotional time bomb just ready to explode, and he hadn't the mind nor the interest in feeding that fire.

"Takin' bets now. I got money on the field boss bein' some grasshopper lookin' deal and the actual boss bein' a giant praying mantis. Or the other way around." He said, offering a bit of humour to the potentially harrowing situation. Scouting for a floor on his lonesome was an ordeal in and of itself, but doing so with companions was new... though, perhaps with the company, it wasn't so bad. He knew firsthand that both Mack and Aria could keep up with his pace, given the epic dungeon crawl some time ago with Mack and Aria's stubborn persistence to prove herself. Although it was a bit arrogant, he trusted them both to not slow him down.

"Baldur convinced me t'join. It's nothin' really serious, just doin' my own thing as usual, but now with a tag on my collar." He joked. The only alluring ideal of the SC had been that all of its members were independent. He had no more obligations to them than he did the rest of Aincrad's players, and that's how he preferred it. "Can't even remember the last time I saw anybody else from the guild, to be honest. Not even Calrex, though I haven't been on the frontlines lately either, on account'a other obligations."

The sudden appearance of buzzing brought Takao's attention to the approaching monsters. Mack opted to engage first, and Takao had little issue with it. It gave him adequate time to enjoy a quick dive into his quick-access inventory. A crystal was produced and subsequently shattered in his hand as the effects were activated.

Mack had just finished his assault, leaving an opening for Takao to attack. "Watch your head!" Takao said, vaulting over Mack's back to avoid the shockwave that nearly knocked Aria onto her bottom. At the same time as his vault, Takao prepared the strongest sword art at his disposal, and decimated one of the monsters with a single powerful strike. The wasp was send tumbling across the ground and eventually shattered into pieces, leaving only three to remain. Aria, having recovered from her momentary loss of balance, had moved to watch the pair fight from a safe distance.

- COMBAT RESULTS -

ID: 76388
BD: 6 (2 + 3(ACC) + 1(Concentration) {5/5})
LD: 22 (13 + 5(S&D) + 4(HoM))

Takao
HP1415/1415 ( +20 (Battle Healing) )
Energy: 123/140 (+1/-17)
Sword Art: «All Might»
Damage: 15(base) + 5(Charge) + 6(Damage Crystal) + 8(Fallen) = 34 * 15 = 510

Giant Wasp 1: 0/710 ( -510HP )
Giant Wasp 2: 430/710
Giant Wasp 3: 430/710
Giant Wasp 4: 430/710

{ 7100 col & 2 Materials dropped. }

- COMBAT RESULTS (In Spoiler)-

Spoiler

ID: 76398
BD: 6 (2 + 3(ACC) + 1(Concentration) {5/5})
MD: 11 (10 + 1 (-1 EVA))

Takao - H:1
HP1415/1415
Energy: 123/140

Mack - H:4
HP:
736/1030 (202-84=118, 118*3=354 DMG) [+60 HP Battle Healing (4x5x3)]
Energy: 45/100

[Explode Catapult (AOE): 2x7x15 = 210 DMG]

Giant Wasp 2: 220/710 (-210 DMG)
Giant Wasp 3: 220/710 (-210 DMG)
Giant Wasp 4: 220/710 (-210 DMG)

{ 7100 col & 2 Materials dropped from Wasp 1 (Takao). }

"So," Mack called as Takao vaulted past him to deliver a death blow to one of the four wasps. "It's basically a guild of solo players who got tired of being bothered to join a guild," Mack asked as Takao landed on the ground next to him and Aria scampered away for cover. "You know," the axe man continued, waiting on the cool down timer for his sword art to expire, "If one of these wasps carries the little Mousey off it's going to take us forever to get her back and I'm not betting on the field and floor bosses, based on what I see here I think you're probably right."

As the cool down time for his sword skill finally came to an end Mack raised the giant battle axe again. Being unable to charge again the attack was a bit lacking in the power of the initial strike. Still, the broad head of the axe made several satisfying smacks against the three remaining giant wasps and drove all of their health bars down into the red zone. With a grunt, Mack slammed the axe on the ground again and unleashed another vertical shockwave that rocked the wasps without causing them to suffer a stun effect before gesturing at the monsters with an open hand to invite Takao to press the attack further at his own leisure.

"Not really," Takao replied in earnest as he narrowly dodged the one of the Wasp's assaults. His practiced acrobatics leant themselves well to the process of evading attacks, allowing him to tumble and weave as he needed. "It actually has a rather... noble cause, I 'spose you could call it. Nothing really special though, most guilds do." He continued, speaking easily through his evasive maneuvering.

"But it's also fallen into that lull, also like most guilds do. We were all solo players and independent of each other for so long that we're just fallin' back into what we're used to." His words sounded sullen despite his efforts to do otherwise. The Spectrum Coalition had been a glimmer of hope for him when the days had turned dark, but it proved to fade just as those before it had. He had given up on the prospect, and simply lingered in the guild as a result of his own laziness. Takao was better off on his own anyway. Or so he thought.

- COMBAT RESULTS -

ID: 76467
BD: (1 + 3(ACC) + 1(Concentration) {5/5})

Takao
HP1415/1415
Energy: 122/140 (+1/-2)
Sword Art: «MISS»
Damage: n/a

Giant Wasp 1: 0/710
Giant Wasp 2: 220/710
Giant Wasp 3: 220/710
Giant Wasp 4: 220/710

{ 7100 col & 2 Materials dropped. }

Spoiler

ID: 76511
BD: 9 (6 + 3(ACC)) [(Concentration) {4/5}]
MD: 6 (5 + 1 (-1 EVA))

Takao - H:1
HP1415/1415
Energy: 123/140

Mack - H:6
HP:
458/1030 (200-84=116, 118*3=348 DMG) [+60 HP Battle Healing (4x5x3)]
Energy: 18/100

[Explode Catapult (AOE): 2x7x15 = 210 DMG]

Giant Wasp 2: 10/710 (-210 DMG)
Giant Wasp 3: 10/710 (-210 DMG)
Giant Wasp 4: 10/710 (-210 DMG)

"Lulls do happen," Mack agreed, shrugging his shoulders even as the giant wasps assaulted him once more, pushing his health bar down into a solidly yellow range. If there was anything that this experience had taught the ginger man so far it was that he needed greater stockpiles of consumable items. Also, that it would probably be wise to consume a few of the potions he did have on hand to boost both his damage output and his overall mitigation numbers. Especially in the light of how easily Takao had handled the insects while Mack had hammered on each of them three times without successfully eliminating even one of them. "I think things died down a bit with the Knights too, while I've been gone. Going to have to whip them back into shape... starting with this little expedition so they don't forget there's a reason why I'm the Vice Commander."

Grunting, Mack launched into motion again even as Takao continued to evade the wasps. The hardened blade of Invictus hammered into each of the wasps again. The axe head seemingly bit quite deep into each of them and as he released the shockwave that concluded his attack the inspects were bounced and jostled in the air, bumping into one another and briefly giving the appearance that they might be stunned before the righted themselves again. Falling into the cool down for the sword art, once again, Mack considered the tiny slivers of health that each of the wasps had left and grumbled something. "Well, if you're unhappy you know the offer from the Knights is an open one, we even have a guild hall in Taft where you could stash the Mouse when you needed to."

Aria watched curiously from the sidelines as the pair of players seemed to interact casually whilst in the heat of battle. It was a foreign construct to her, whose level barely scratched thirty and certainly by no effort of her own, to engage in conversation with such level heads despite interacting almost flawlessly in combination with one another. She, who had spent the vast majority of her time in Aincrad either alone or with her sister, or simply with Takao who seldom interacted with other players as of late, hadn't experienced such a thing before. It was interesting, and she dared to call it entertaining as well.

Meanwhile, Takao pulled the wasp whose attacks he was evading into Mack's line of fire, allowing him to whittle down its health into the ever dangerous red zone. With only a sliver of its health left, Takao pulled off a swing reverse hook kick that knocked the wasp backward and into the remaining two. The three of them fell to the ground, the minor damage inflicted by the movement having depleted the remainder of their health gauges.

"Well," Takao said as he regained his composure and waved to Aria. "That doesn't really surprise me. The grinding aspect of SAO sure does take its toll. Tryna' stay on top of that all gets to you after a while." He replied. When Mack offered the guild hall as a place of refuge for Aria, she seemed visibly disturbed by the idea, and quickly scurried up to the brunet's side.

"...To be honest, I don't think it'd be fair of me to put you guys in that sorta position. See, I'm not just protectin' her from... y'know, whatever's out here." He explained, mentally arguing with himself on whether or not to dance around the issue. A simple glance cast to the girl later, and he continued.

"She's bein' followed by somebody--... er... a group of people. It ain'tcher fight, so I don't feel too good 'bout dragging other people into it." He said. Aria, whose face was twisted into a mixture of discomfort, unease, and upset, simply stayed quiet and close to Takao. "...Although... I 'spose it can't hurt to ask. D'you know anythin' 'bout a player named Death Adder?"

- COMBAT RESULTS -

ID: 76524
BD: 9 (9 + 3(ACC) (Concentration) {3/5})
LD: 16 (7 + 5(S&D) + 4(HoM))

Takao
HP1415/1415
Energy: 117/140 (+1/-6)
Sword Art: «Crescent Moon»
Damage: 15(base) + 5(Charge) + 6(Damage Crystal) + 1(Crit) = 27 * 3 = 81

Giant Wasp 1: 0/710
Giant Wasp 2: 0/710
Giant Wasp 3: 0/710
Giant Wasp 4: 0/710

{ 10650 col & 5 T2 Materials dropped. }

ID: 76611
CD: 11 (Regen Activates)
LD: 16 (+1 Mat)

HP: 592/1030 (+20 HP [Survival], +54 HP [Regen], +60 Battle Healing)
Energy: 19/100 (+1 EN)

+St. Michael's Fingers, -Golden Axe Amulet

"Never heard of Death Adder," Mack rumbled as Takao shattered the three remaining wasps into blue pixels. Planting the butt cap of his axe in the soft, if digital, grassy earth Mack leaned one arm on the top of the axe head as the pair of gentlemen, or one gentleman and Mack, were rejoined by Aria. Grunting, he swiped through his items until he found St. Michael's Fingers and re-equipped the gauntlets, instantly noting that their healing properties had kicked in. "Sounds like someone that needs some killin', though," the soldier continued, still scrolling through his items and speaking in the same kind of tone one might use if they were discussing the weather.

"How about it, little Mouse," the Vice Commander asked Aria, arching one crimson eyebrow at the kid as he continued scrolling through his inventory until his finger stopped at the Sand Armor potion. Tapping the item Mack materialized it in his hand and flicked the cork from the bottle with his thumb before raising the potion to his nose and sniffing it experimentally. "And just because it's not our fight doesn't mean we're not willing to take part, if we need to. God knows Magda would probably like a few more women hanging around the guild hall so she wasn't the only one," Mack continued, stooping to retrieve the dropped cork, which still had some durability, and replacing it on the potion. Best to wait.

"Come to think of it, though, would putting the two of them together in the same room be wise? I have enough problems with my twin's attitude as it is," Mack grumbled, chuckling softly and returning the potion bottle to his inventory. "Up to you though, the Mouse has a wicked squeak, but I could tolerate it. You don't have to do everything by yourself."

"Good luck finding him." Takao remarked, shaking his head. He ran his hand over his face and started walking, resuming their northward heading. "It doesn't surprise me you haven't heard of him. I've been lookin' for months, and the only thing I've got on him is a name. Worth a shot though." He said.

"I'll tell you more 'bout the whole situation later. Under better circumstances." It would be his final words on the matter, if he could help it. It was a sensitive subject that he didn't care much to elaborate on in Aria's presence; surely he could spare her that. It certainly wasn't a bad offer, perhaps one he might consult her on at a later time, but for not it seemed inappropriate.

"Anyway, let's try and avoid monsters 'til your health is back up, yeah? Don't want you to go dyin' on us now." He remarked, chuckling at the larger man's health status. Aria caught up with Takao's pace, and the pair continued walking, not waiting for Mack to follow after them.

ID: 76617
LD: 15 (+1 Mat)

HP: 726/1030 (+20 HP [Survival], +54 HP [Regen], +60 HP [Battle Healing])
Energy: 20/100 (+1 EN)

"Completely your call, just putting the offer on the table as a firm offer," the soldier rumbled, taking a few long strides to catch up to Takao and Aria as they continued to head away further into the wilds. "And I have no intention of being killed by a few little bugs," the Vice Commander continued with a chuckle, tugging up the hood on his guild cloak up over his head again and continuing along with the group even as his health bar continued to recover from the recent fight with the giant wasps. "I've could go ahead and buff my mitigation though, just to be safe," Mack rumbled, tugging another potion from his inventory and considering it. "And buff my damage. It's just the Matriarch's Stinger potion from that low level quest, but every little bit helps." The ginger giant considered the item for a few more moments before returning it to his inventory. He really did need to stock up on consumables.

"Hah." Takao exhaled a laugh under his breath. "Can't even remember the last time I did that quest. I think I was helpin' somebody out with it, maybe." He said, having once been rather active on the quest helping front. But as more pressing matters came to the forefront of his attention, the helpful attitude he had once boasted proudly had since diminished. It was a shame, really. He was a helper by nature, yet prior engagements --not that he minded them-- were tying him up.

"Looks like we've got a good vantage point on top'a this hill here," Takao pointed out as he gestured toward the vertical obstacle standing in their path. "Should give us a good idea of where we are. I haven't really explored this floor much on my own, so my map data could use the boost." He said, scurrying up the mountain with Aria not far behind him.

HP: 860/1030 (+20 HP [Survival], +54 HP [Regen], +60 HP [Battle Healing])
Energy: 100/100 (+Full EN, 3 Turns out of Combat)

"I've only done it once, long time ago," Mack rumbled in response, his extra height and longer legs making it easy to at least match the pace of Takao and Aria even though they seemed to have a slightly easier time handling the increasingly rocky terrain due to their lower centers of gravity. "I helped someone knock it out too, can't remember who off the top of my head. That happens as you get older, short term memory's the first thing to go."

Quietly the hulking axe man continued to stomp up the mountain trail that the group was following as they headed for the summit of the mountain on the border of the twentieth floor, using the haft of his huge battle axe as a modified walking stick. There were, after all, certain advantages to using such an enormous weapon, even if they weren't necessarily based within the framework of Sword Art Online's stats. "Sounds good to me, you think we'll be able to see the whole floor from up there," Mack asked, gesturing with a hand in the direction of the mountain top.

• 2 weeks later...

"Used t'do it all the time, way back in the day, as it were." Takao commented idly, his gaze momentarily shifted toward Aria. By the tone of his voice, whose cadence was unwavering, he seemed largely unaffected by the climb. By the time he'd reached the summit, which had taken barely a handful of minutes, he spoke again. "But I've had more important things t'worry 'bout." He said, flashing the girl a smile. She returned it with a curt one of her own, but remained silent otherwise.

Takao turned his attention forward and looked on at the sights before him. It was a whole lot of nothing, admittedly. Trees in one direction, more trees in another, a mountain beyond them... Not much to look at. But Takao was rarely interested with what was on the surface, definitely not. His interests laid with the intricacies and details, looking beyond what his eyes could see. As metaphorical as it sounded, he found himself enjoying the more literal application. He closed his eyes for a moment and activated the duo of scouting skills: Detect and Reveal. The foliage of the forests beyond them peeled back and revealed to him what was beyond, and his detect skill aided in that endeavour.

A small smirk crossed his face and he deactivated the skill. "Looks like y'boys got to it first." Takao said, turning his head to peek over his shoulder to Mack. "Are y'proud, disappointed, or a bit of both?"