[SP-F1] Who am I? [Complete]

Solomon woke up. He was standing in a town, several people walking in all directions, as if they had intentions to go places. The city was packed full of new players, most of which were buying starter equipment. *As I look down at my cloths and feet, only one thought enters my mind. Who am I?* Some people who were just passing by Solomon tried to greet him friendly. "Ah hey Solomon" Solomon's eyes seemed to widen as he heard the name. *Solomon, is that really my name... wait, why do I recognize it from somewhere?* Solomon remained quiet as he pondered the idea in his head. The other player stood a couple feet shorter than himself and his hair color was red. Solomon could feel something on his back and reached behind his head to [censored] it. What came to be held in his hand was his Dark Blue hair tied back. Looking up, Solomon saw that nobody else had the same style, for better or for worse. Before Solomon could say anything, the player made a parting statement.

Edited by Solomon

"Well Newbe, If you plan to get strong, I suggest you go and hide in the woods. I do not thinking you will survive a day out there, especially with your current gear. Ha." Solomon didn't react to this in any way. He was too deep in thought. The player realized that Solomon was ignoring him and stepped on his foot, saying, "Hey, you need to listen!" I plan to join a guild and become a player killer, so you be prepared!" Solomon didn't notice this, but did move his head to face another direction. This ticked the red haired player further, causing him to display himself in an unreasonable manner. Soon, the red haired player just lifted his foot off of Solomon's and gathered his small group. "No reason to be near you any more. You probably won't get anywhere in this game anyways." The red hair player said this and began to walk off. Solomon refocused his gaze to them as they turned at a crossing of streets.

*Well, I wander what a player killer is. Does it have to do with something that I know about...* Solomon thought this as he began to take a step forward. Before Solomon could even manage that, people started appearing in the town. *What is going on? Do these people have powers? As a matter of fact, what is a power?* Solomon looked around with a face showing no sign of surprise. *Does this mean that something important is about to happen?* Solomon quickly got an answer to his question when a hooded man appeared in the air. *I am pretty sure I have never seen anything like that before.* Solomon seemed to be totally fine with the appearance of a strange humanoid figure in the sky. The giant hooded humanoid thing began speaking to the people that had mysteriously gathered in the town. Solomon was going to ask a girl, with white hair standing a foot smaller than himself, a question about this.

However, as Solomon reached out to get the girls attention, he grabbed her shoulder. She turned around quickly, obviously startled by the action that Solomon made. Before Solomon could react, as he wasn't expecting the following reaction, Solomon was slapped in the face. Solomon's face didn't hurt at all, but he was surprised. *Why would you smack me for an action that clearly was in no way violent?* He tilted his head slightly down to see the girl back up in a defensive position. Solomon took a quick step back and masked himself in the crowd. *What was that for?* Solomon was not intimidated by the reaction, but quickly came to the realization that he was not like the other people in this town. His cloths seemed very tight and annoying, but he didn't care enough to get new cloths. Solomon then focused in as the crowd went silent in a few brief seconds.

Edited by Solomon

The hooded figure in the sky, towering above the city wall, made mention to the "players" that the game SAO, Aincrad, where if you die, you would die in real life. Solomon was honestly confused with this concept, as he did not know who he was, who these people, or "players" as they seemed to call themselves and were referred to as such, were. The weirdest part of this was the concept of humanoid ability. The man was floating in the sky. Solomon had a feeling that floating in mid air was impossible, but apparently that was not the case. Solomon just continued to listen, except the people around him were beginning to panic. "We are really stuck in this game aren't we!" "I have family in the other world" "Why would you put us through such an Ordeal?" These kinds of things were what Solomon heard. He could only stand without much to offer them. He attempted to comfort them by clapping hands together when they tried to move through the chaos in a deep rage.

"Do not. It will only bring further grief into your hearts." Solomon spoke these words to the players, understanding that they stood no chance. He did not say anything else, but it seemed that his point went across. The players gave him evil glares but nothing more. He knew that they must have understood. Solomon turned around to hear the last words that the big floating humanoid had to say. When the humanoid finally said those words, he seemed to vanish in the place which he once stood. Solomon gazed at that space, now holding no meaning anymore, and just a generic area in the sky. Solomon could not remember how he got to this place, but some aspects seemed familiar to him. He lifted his arm and from muscle memory, was able to open up his menu. He didn't smirk, didn't speak, and definitely didn't react in any way. He stood there and gazed at the rectangular box that was generated in front of him. The Username: Solomon

Solomon's concise gaze on the menu was cut by a man, who appeared to be about the same height as himself. He was tall and had white hair. Solomon realized that they had at least on thing in common. Both appeared to have long hair. The man with white hair had straight white hair that tied back, while Solomon had somewhat straight and jagged, Dark Blue hair that seemed to be braided with unusual beads. Solomon closed his menu and looked straight toward the "player" as he walked up to him. "Hello stranger. I know I do not look very tough, but do you think that I could tag along with you on the first floor until I have leveled up?" Solomon had an odd way of looking at things and decided not to respond to him. Solomon lifted his gaze up to the heavens, the sun was actually sinking at this time. Solomon moved his shoulders back, neither of which popped or did anything or the sort. He did this to remember the usefulness of the parts of the body.

The tall, white haired player continued to nag at Solomon, asking him some question that related to his other question in some way or another, but Solomon ignored him. "Hey, how about we partner up and create a guild. We could get through the floors of Aincrad easily if we were a team." Instead of listening, Solomon concentrated on the reaction of the players. Most grieved as they came to realize that they were stuck in a game that was basically like the real world. However, some immediately headed out for various reasons. One man even said that he was going to go and solo, making his way up to the top by himself. Solomon knew that his plan was both really smart and stupid. By going alone, he would not have to worry about other players messing up. On the opposite spectrum, if he were to find himself in trouble, there would likely be nobody that could protect him. *What is this "real world" that I can't quite picture in my head? And what is a game? One that must be related to the real world, but be a separate thing anyway...* 

Solomon thought about this as he began to walk forward. The man with the long white hair seemed intrigued to follow him. "Please..." the White haired man seemed to be desperate for Solomon to assist him, but Solomon didn't even know what was going on himself. He needed more time to think, and to understand the possibilities of this "game". So, the man walked in front of Solomon, which was quite a bold move. Solomon stopped and gazed into the eyes of the man. He was determined to get Solomon to join his forces, but Solomon's mind was not weak. He would not fall victim to the weak in mind. "Do what you will, but I have something that I must do." Solomon turned to walk around the man that stood almost paralyzed in place. "So... does that mean that you will join?" the other man had a smile on his face, but it was obvious that the smile was to bring a fake hope. Solomon remained silent as he passed the player, his gaze set forward. 

Before Solomon could get any further forward, a player from the side stepped forward, passing right in front of Solomon. He was special, being that his hair was short cut, messy and blonde, and he had a physique to him that illuminated through to even Solomon. *Who is that man? Have we met before?* Solomon shook his head as he couldn't remember anything from his past. He knew that he would have to bare with this as he proceeded. Solomon continued forward for several steps, noticing that there were shops and people that seemed almost uniform in nature. *Those can't be real people, as they seem to neat* Solomon made this prediction when he took notice to a conversation between a player and an NPC. *I am not sure how normal conversations usually go, but that is not one that I could have seen coming.* Solomon noticed a trend in conversation and began to recognize the differences between players and non-players. *Maybe knowing the difference will become useful in the future* Solomon thought to himself.

Solomon was prepared to find the exit to this city. He could tell that the white haired player was still following him. He could tell this, as he passed by windows and people with shiny objects, a familiar face pop out of the surrounding environment. Solomon didn't care what the player did, but he hoped that he would have understood his place sooner. Solomon continued to move, following the path around the city. Based on the direction everyone was walking, Solomon got the idea that they would soon exit the town by following the road a way. Stepping forward, Solomon caught sight of someone. That person was in the city borders wandering around aimlessly. Solomon didn't know that the city was a "safe zone", so when a large man walked up to him and picked the guy up by his shoulders, Solomon reacted. He knew better than to make enemies when a "Crisis" was upon the people, but he had to create order from chaos. Solomon moved forward with tremendous speed, as though he was accustomed to running.

Solomon grabbed the large man's left arm and pulled it apart from the shorter man's shoulder. Solomon then, after realizing that the shorter man was freed, gazed at the large man with no expression. This man was no taller than himself, towering at about 6' 5" and holding massive hands. Solomon was in no way intimidating, so he didn't have to worry about scaring away the larger player. "You think you can just do what you will? Welcome to Aincrad kid! Now leave and let me finish business with this player!" Solomon did listen to the large man, but didn't respond, since all he was doing was protecting a player and gathering information about the game. Solomon stood firm, allowing the other player to attempt a swing at him. However, when Solomon was hit, he felt fine. Nothing happened to him as the fist his against his face. He turned his head to the side to give off the act that he was actually affected. He lifted his own arm up and remained silent. Solomon gazed into the large players's eyes with some added intensity, giving off a silent warning to the other player to back off. 

After Solomon had made it pretty clear that the quarrel would no longer continue, the large man stormed off with his friends. Solomon did not turn to the short man to ask him if he was alright, but instead continued to walk toward the gate of the city. The white haired guy from earlier had found Solomon and intended to accompany him out on his adventure once again. Solomon just continued to walk forward until he caught sight of a odd piece of parchment. It was just laying on the ground, that had several odd lines that overlapped in an odd symbol and a couple words that he couldn't read. He knelt down to pick it up, and after he had the parchment in his hands, Solomon placed it in his pocket for the time being. He turned his head while still knelt next to the curb, the white haired player approaching. Solomon would have sighed knowing that the man would not give up without explicitly being told to quit, had not a loud sound resonated from outside the walls. Solomon heard the strange sound come over the wall and decided he would at least take a look to see what the commotion was about. 

As Solomon walked out from the town of beginning's gates, he could see several people crowding around in a circle. Solomon moved casually over to the scene when he began to hear weeping. *What is this* Solomon thought, holding his expressions under control. The person, specifically the white haired man from before, cried out, "Oh no!, how could it happen already" Solomon didn't understand until he heard the words from a weeping woman say, "He... he was killed by the red haired player. We didn't see him coming, as it happened so fast". Solomon was angry, and rightfully so. He had met the red haired man earlier, someone who thought he knew his place in the game. Solomon knew that he couldn't just make the assumption that this player killer was the same one he met only many minutes before. So, Solomon made a big decision. He would either go with the person who was following him around or he would hide away and prove to the red haired player that he could survive in the woods for longer than a day. Solomon also had an idea that would determine if the person was worthy of him as a partner. 

Solomon first walked up to the player who was grieving over the loss of her man, whoever and whatever he meant to her would remain a pleasant mystery to him, and put his hand on her shoulder. She did not have the same reaction as when he tried to get a girls attention minutes before. Solomon remained silent, but in his heart he also grieved for the man who lost his life in the game. He would be dearly missed by the people still remaining. Solomon turned around and moved his body to stand in front of the white haired player. You! The one who follows me wherever I go. I will give you one chance to prove to me that I can trust you as my companion in this game. Solomon looked up at the sun that was clearly setting in the sky. Go! Show me your speed and agility that will rival my own. The people will decide who has more potential between us. If I am chosen, you will walk away from me and never show you face again. If I lose, we will join an alliance together as partners. Solomon's words were not loud, but he easily attracted the attention of everyone in attendance. 

Edited by Solomon

The man replied to Solomon's words with, "That seems plenty fair. I will show you how fast I am and my ability to move". And with that, the white haired guy walked to the side of the wall and began running forward. He managed to run at a decent speed, picking up some grass as he came to a halt. "And now for my agility!" The guy spoke with such confidence, that the people seemed to focus on him more than Solomon. However, Solomon was not watching the other player, as knowing his abilities would only limit him to beating the player. He intended to remove that limit by replacing it with an unknown. He didn't care to know how well the other player did, especially since he needed to test his own abilities without others pressuring him. When the man returned to stand next to Solomon, he spoke to him, "Alright, looks as though I am done. Try to top that!" He said, but had already jumped up and was standing on the man's shoulders. He looked around the landscape from this birds eye view for about a second before he was knocked off by the player's inability to stay rooted on the ground.

Solomon landed on the ground, no dirt found on his pants. Solomon had just showed his ability to move quickly, passing the eyes of even some of the most experienced players in attendance. He followed up by ducking his head to allow a small blade to travel right over his head. He still did not speak, and he should have had no idea that a blade was swung from behind him, besides a very quiet sound of the blade being drawn from the sheath. Solomon was no idiot, as he was suspicious of the things carried by others, even if he had no reason to doubt them. Solomon quickly used his superior strength and took the arm of the enemy by reaching behind him. He then allowed his body weight to sink down, bringing the man out of his stance. This was no simple feat, as Solomon had not once glanced at the man who stood behind him. Solomon turned around slowly, holding the mans arm as the man tried to balance himself. Solomon was not quite done with his part of the bargain and already decided what would be his final display of potential. He let go of the man's arm and allowed him to regain his composure.

Solomon then dived forward, his arms crossed to show he wouldn't use them for balance. Solomon rolled half way, but managed to stop his momentum and spun while his head was still on the ground. A roar of applause came from the group of attendance, and even the man with white hair seemed amazed. "Wow, that is incredible" he said down toward Solomon. Solomon ignored him again, leaning so to fall on his back and stand up in one fluid motion. Solomon was now up again, his hair was not dirty from his flexible maneuvers. The other man held out his hand, expecting Solomon to shake it. However, Solomon chose to ignore that as well, since he no longer had any obligation to acknowledge the player. He began to walk away from the crowd, when the man called out one more statement. "Hey dude, what is your name?" Solomon just kept walking, trying to remember anything. Nothing came into his mind, so he just remained himself as he walked further into the grasslands of the apparent 1st floor.

Solomon walked forward, his stride being naturally large due to his size. He knew how to attack mobs, but he kept his ground and stayed away. He had no idea what these mobs could do, especially when life was so precious in this game. A couple boars on both side of him gave him reason to stick to the path. It was a windy path, so it was by no means convenient. Mobs would sometimes spawn right up next to the dirt path, a faded one at that, and would lead to players being slaughtered. He had no intent to die in the woods, and doubted even the other player would live that long. *Until someone proves to be a worthy competition for me, I will not assist any player.* With that, Solomon continued along the path, catching sight of the sun which was now only light above the treeline in the distance. *Mark my words player! You have done a great harm to another player, someone who was undeserving of your hatred. I will be the one to pay for this and end the current cycle. I will not get in anyone's way and I will survive many days in the woods, unlike you.* Solomon made a resolve as he traveled the dirt path.

Right at Solomon had reached the treeline, the light from the sun had completely disappeared. It was pitch black, but silhouettes of players were still somewhat visible to the eye from even such a great distance. The town was buzzing as the first night of intensity and stress swept Aincrad. Solomon looked back to see this, as it would be a very long time until somewhat who could match him would try again. *This is where I will remain* And Solomon entered the tree lining. Immediately, as Solomon entered the tree line, he came face to face with a little, humanoid-creature. It was just as agile as him, running deep into the woods, climbing a vine and jumping from branch to branch. Solomon had no need to follow the little creature, but he was probably going to come across it again anyways. He stepped into the thick green vegetation, the small amount of light was becoming blocked from behind him. *Well, first I must find a good place to stay. Until I find that, I will be no more than another helpless player. Solomon walked through the forest, giant trunks from the trees being the easiest thing to lead Solomon. As he moved deep within the forest, he felt a tree snag his paper, the one with the lines and words. *That will give a clue to anyone in this area that someone lives here.* Solomon thought as he could no longer spot it's location. *Or it will be buried in the dirt, hidden from the sight of players until they beat this game*.