[PP-NK-F1] <<Feeding the Beast>> Where be the Monkey King? part 3 (Row, Dominion)

Dominion was sitting on the rock in the middle of the forest on the first floor. He had been sitting there for some hours now, just thinking about his game life. He had made great changes to his apparel as well as his knowledge of the world through this game. All in all, he was proud to have joined SAO when he did, even though it was quite scary to see reactions from the players when they heard the announcement. Dominion opened up his eyes. He was needing to get focused on finding the Familiar, especially having wasted a good chunk of the morning. He opened up his menu and sent a message to Row, giving a time, date, area, and that he was searching for the very specific and rare familiar. Dominion realized he had done this without thinking, after he had sent the message. Well, Row did mention that she would like to come to help. I guess we will see if she can find me through the treeline... Dominion stood up and made his way back through the thick brush to the tree line, much further away than he remembered it to be. This was likely going to be a night expedition, if the time would move as fast as it seemed to be moving.

@Row

Edited by Dominion

Row had been planning events for a future goal of hers for a while now. It would be months before this goal could be realized and she really needed to work on it. When she received a pm from her friend Dom, everything chanced. How could she resist the idea of a treasure hunt. Even though this would not be for treasure but for a stupid pet instead, she still liked the idea of looking for rare stuff. Plus sitting around in her shop was getting really boring and she would need some fresh air. As she finished reading the message, she realized something disappointing. The hunt was not for today but another time. She sulked and went back to work after sending her respond. It is never that easy to get out of work. 

Following the instructions, Row found herself inside of forest like area. It was getting dark but night time did not it yet. She called out as she looked for the man. She hoped she was not early because the woods was filled with scary monsters. 

@Dominion

(Sorry, did not expect you to start another thread with me. I will try and respond to our threads in a more timely manner)

Spoiler

LvL: 11
Stats
Health:220
Energy: 22
Ax Dmg: 2
LD:2
Battle healing: 5HP per Turn 
Backpack: 7

Silver Fang 2 acc 1 bleed
Embargo 2 thorn 1 paralyze
Deflective Gauntlets 27 mit

Dominion approached the trees, as they seemed to become more sparse. As they became more roomy, he suddenly popped his head from the middle of a tree, holding the branches near the top. He gazed out at the city, the setting sun giving a orange/pink hue on the large walls. Dominion was looking southeast, so it made sense for the sun light to shine on that area. Dominion wondered how the game designers did such a beautiful design. He couldn't see Row, but he could definitely hear his name. "Up here" Dominion called out as he grabbed a tree limb and swung his way down from branch to branch like a monkey. He grabbed onto the last branch of the tree and released his hands. As he spun his legs around the tree branch and as his torso hung upside down, he found himself only at eye level with Row. "HAY?", Dominion asked, smiling. He doubted she would realize, but he was beginning to understand the acronym stuff. *How are you*

The sound of leaves rustling in the treetops put Row on high alert. Did her call trigger a special event? She pulled out her ax and held it tight to her chest as she moved towards the sound. While the smart thing to do would have been to run away, she knew Dom was suppose to be around and it would be bad if he was fighting something on his own. She took a deep breath and started to job. The rustling grew louder and louder until she heard her a voice. She turned around and saw no one other then Dom in her face hanging upside down like a monkey. She screamed and jumped back startled. "What the heck... Don't do that, I was wor... argh!" She got up and started patting off the dirt and trying to think of something else to say. "You know I hate those stupid pets." She took a deep breath and calmed down. "So what are we looking for..."

Dominion pulled himself up and jumped off the tree to land beside Row. She was patting the dirt off of her, which made Dominion feel a bit sorry. He had no intention of hurting Row, especially when he was just being his curious self. "Well, I am searching for a monkey. However, I am not quite sure where we would even find a monkey. I came across one of them on a previous adventure in this forest, so my closest would be in the forest on this floor. However, this forest doesn't appear to have anything but Nepents and for some gosh darn reason corrupt butterflies. Therefore, I intend to just walk around this forest until something pops up." Dominion said, barely seeing Row in the star/moon light. Definitely not Dominion's best plan, but this was his third search for finding a darn familiar, and it appeared as though familiars managed to keep themselves well hidden. Dominion lifted his arms behind his head, intertwining his hands in a resting position.

"A monkey?" She shook her head in disappointment. That thing would clearly be annoying. Monkeys are annoying after all. Still, he was her friend. She could not just not help him. Well she could but then who would quest with her and crit spam mobs with bs luck. "Is this monkey more active at night? because even I cant see a single thing." She looked up at the trees which looked black. The brightest thing in this area was Dom. She moved closer to him though she did not look at him. "We need to stay together or else I... You will probably get lost." She folded her arms and looked around. "Also, you should stay behind me so that I can protect you. I am way stronger then before now that I have a sword art." She held up her ax, not looking back to see if Dom cares. "And if the monkey goes rouge, I will beat the crap out of it and collect its loot"

Dom couldn't help but laugh. He had the idea that Row would kill him if he got a monkey, but it seemed as though he would live to see another day. The last few times he had gone out, the monkey he had seen was out at around noon, but there was only one of them. Now, there would likely be more out. However, he didn't mention that aloud. The chances were much more in there favor if they moved around at night. Dominion caught the change when Row said I.. you. He knew this environment better than almost any person in this game, and therefore didn't understand her change in subject. Then, she said that he should stay behind him so that she could protect him. He didn't mind having Row protect him, even though he was still pretty sure that he was still a higher level than her. Dominion got the idea that she was doing this in part for potential treasure, which wouldn't surprise him. He smiled as he moved to be behind her. "Well, if are fixed on protecting me, you must lead the way." He could see and hear movement in the forest, most of which was high in the trees. Hopefully, another Nepent or Corrupt Butterfly wouldn't appear to hinder their path.