[2F - PP] <<Let There Be Light>> [Completed]

Spoiler

<<Let There Be Light>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2
This quest is repeatable for Col only

This RP will not count in the benchmark

tumblr_m4xz7qzTO41r1v8ydo1_500.gif

You have been approached by a worried NPC Mother. She is erratic, and asks you to help find her missing child. She tells you that her child was playing in one of the caverns on the second floor with their friend, but they were attacked my monsters, their friend got away but they are still missing. As you approach the cave you realize that it's pitch black inside and that it has affected your mission with vision disabilities.

Requirements:

-Rp must be at least 1 full page long (21 or more posts)
-Due to the cave's darkness and there being no light, any players that chose to enter the cave receive a -1 debuff on all dice rolls unless they have <<Night Vision>>.
-
You must fight two <<Giant Bats>> 
-You must find the lost child

Giant Bat Information:

<Giant Bat> is a Field mob and has the following statistics:
Giant Bat: 50 HP
Damage per Attack: 20

Rewards:

1. 1 Skill Point.
  2. A Col Value of your Loot Dice multiplied by 25

Solo Mid level player or a group of low level players is advised
Recommended level: 5

Shield was hardly in a hurry as he made his way to the teleport plaza of the second floor, but from the commotion he heard in a passing crowd of NPC merchants, someone was. The gruff looking men slowly dispersed as a wailing plea began to rise above the dull roar of the crowded street. At first, he wrote it off as one of the many meaningless scripts that the programmed characters would rattle through, day in and day out, but a few choice words drifted into his ears.

"Won't anyone save my daughter?" sobbed the woman's voice.

His feet came up short, stopping themselves mid stride before his brain had any say in the matter. Closing his eyes tight, he forced his eyes closed to try to steel some courage to ignore what was sure to be a fruitless quest. Even as he did so though, he saw the faces of his own daughters. He stood there, cursing under his breath and silently kicking himself.

This is pointless! She's clearly an NPC. Her daughter isn't even real!

Even as he said it though, he watched the woman emerge from the knot of other NPC's watching as she drew nearer to where he stood, almost as if he wanted her to ask for his help.

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atzo walked around Floor 2. He was not thinking much at the time. Suddenly he saw a man seeming to try to stabilize his mood. “I wonder who this man is” Atzo thought thought to himself “Maybe he is worth my time, but there is only one way to find out” Atzo walked scilently over to the man. Upon his arrival he spoke up “Hey, is everything okay? His voice was of an amount of concern He wore a light hearted smirk on his face. “This is how you start it Atzo” he heard his ‘teacher’s’ voice came reminiscent in his mind. “You speak as a friend, learn who they are, and use them for your bidding” Atzo strengthened his lighthearted expression and held out his hand “I am Atzo, what is your name?” The Man was definatly someone of worth, Atzo just was unsure how much. Surely this man was high level, but just how much?

@Shield

Edited by Atzo

The sudden voice beside him started him, and there was a slight tremor in his body as he was jolted back into reality. His stern, dark eyes turned to regard the newcomer. The face in front of him was considerably younger than his own, and the hair a good deal more eccentric. He glanced down at the hand that was offered him before turning to face him properly and accepting the gesture with a firm grasp.

"Shield," he answered briefly. "And yes, I'm fine, I just-"

It was at this moment that the weeping woman broke the surface of the crowd that she had been pleading with, coming over to Shield and gripping his collar.

"Please, help my child," the woman begged through a veil of tears that stained her face. "She's all alone, and those things are going to find her!"

Like clockwork, a familiar dialog box popped up in front of Shield.

[Would you like to accept this quest?]

[O Accept - X Decline]

With a sigh, Shield taped the round button in front of him and the woman thanked him profusely, grabbing his hand and kissing the back of it copiously before bowing several times and disappearing once more into the crowded streets of the second floor. Shield turned to the man next to him.

"Need to make some SP?"

Atzo watched the spectacle. Before the man turned to him and asked a question. “I am always in need of SP. If you will so permit me I would be happy to join you on your quest.” Atzo seemed to speak in an almost unnaturally smooth fashion. He looked at the man, Observing the eyes carefully before the rest of the man’s person. He was much older than Atzo, but all that did was make him curious. “I wonder what is troubling him, something I can use to my advantage maybe?” He thought to himself “He seems to be caught up in something.” He turned and watch as the NPC disappeared into the crowd before looking back at the man. “Where to now?” Atzo adjusted his posture to be relax friendly and welcoming. He remember how he used to find pawns in various places and wondered how easy the people in this fabricatied world would be to manipuate

Edited by Atzo

Shield nodded, glad to have a little company for a quest that, given the current floor and setting, was probably geared for much lower leveled players. He pulled up his HUD and searched for the map marker that indicated the direction of their quarry. With one hand, he motioned for Atzo to follow and made his way towards the edge of the settlement.

"It looks like her daughter is in one of the caves to the north of town," he explained. "I've been up that way a couple of times for some other beginner quests, but it's been a while."

His strides covered a good deal of distance, largely just from the span of his legs and their reach. Now that there was not a weeping mother in his face, it was easier for him to return to his natural state of calm. His features, though hardened and impassive, were not unkind. He ventured a glance to the tagalong.

"Judging from your gear, I'd guess you haven't strayed far from the town of beginnings yet," he postulated, nodding with his head towards the largely generic gear that he wore.

“You are correct I haven’t left the Town of Beginnings. At least not that much. It all seemed as though leaving would end in certain death and based on my level… I probably wouldn’t be wrong” Atzo chuckled and followed Shield close behind. I feel as though I should act Naive” He thought to himself “Shield seems like someone who will better trust people who don't know much.” He was walking next to the man, observing his surroundings. Approaching the edge of the town he took a deep breath, knowing that this could quickly turn into sudden death for Atzo. Even one monster could take him out, and he didn't need that. Though at least Shield seemed strong enough to take on anything that stood in his way, Atzo had never seen a high level player fight before so is was sure to be a treat. He looked back to Shield “If I may ask, What made you choose the username ‘Shield’? It is definitely unique.”

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

ID# 77750 results: Loot: 11 + 3 equipped + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 16 - +1 Material (1 total)

As they made their way out of the borders of the town, Shield widened his focus, keeping his eyes alert for anything of interest. The question in the mean time was a simple one to field.

"It was a fairly obvious choice, to tell you the truth," he began. "I brought it with me from the last MMO that I played. I tend to favor tank builds, and it's hard to soak damage if you don't have a little extra protection."

Since combat was hardly a danger to him on the current floor, he favored his loot tracking gear over his weapon and shield. His decision paid off quickly. Before they had even gotten very far out of the city limits, he noticed a familiar light cast onto his shoulder by the glowing gold inlay of his earring. Glancing around, he spotted a small lump of what appeared to be iron ore sitting in the grass by the road's edge. He jogged over and pocketed it before banishing it to his inventory.

"And what about you? What's your story?"

Edited by Shield

“I see, I guess that makes sense” Atzo smiled “My story? My life was fairly average, my father died a few years ago but other than that I don't really have one” Atzo shrugged. He looked down as he remembered Ren brutally punching their father to death before shaking his head. It wasn't that he missed his father, but that he was disappointed with how sloppy his brother was when he killed the old man. They just left the body in the dojo, lucky Atzo was able to convince their mom that the old man ran off to find a new girl. It wouldn't be the first time. By the time the body was found the Dojo had collapsed and the cops couldn't figure out who killed him. Looking back at it, Ren was very lucky. “You have been playing this game for a while haven't you?” Atzo asked shield “And for someone that is your age, I am surprised you were drawn to the game.” Atzo spoke in a sincere tone of voice, He was  not making fun of Shield, but instead had the sound of genuine intrigue 

ID: 77751

Spoiler

Loot: 6 (No Mat)

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

ID# 77752 results: Loot: 8 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 13 - No materials (1 total)

"I'm sorry to hear about your father," Shield said, his voice serious, though it was not merely the loss of a parent that made it so.

The flippant tone with which Atzo had handled the subject was troubling. Shield was not unaware of the tendency to mask pain with levity, but it was still worth taking note of. He had met one too many players who treated the death game as child's play. While a lowbie would not be the same kind of threat that the nearly maniacal Ariel had hinted at being, it was something to take note of. He remained impassive, careful not to assume too much too soon.

"While that sentiment with games is common, it is misguided," Shield said, a little half-smirk playing at the corner of his mouth. "The gamers of my generation were playing long before yours could even hold controllers. Not that controllers are entirely necessary with the advent of VR and the Nerve Gear."

Edited by Shield

Atzo shook his head when Shield apologized “There is no need to be sorry, If my father hadn't died, I probably would have. He was very abusive and that day he was feeling… Extra. If it wasn’t for the killer my father would have beaten me to death.” Atzo’s expression darkened as he reminisced, before shaking his head and returning to his happy state. “Plus, sometimes you just need to Embrace the suck you know?” He listened to Shield talk about Video Games for a bit before responding “I never really got to play video games that often, my parents found them to have no purpose and so they wouldn’t let me get any and when i did they would throw them away after taking a sledgehammer to them. So all I had to go off of was what others said. I didn't mean to offend you, I just was curious.” As they walked Atzo found a small group of wild carrots, He quickly picked them and pocketed them so that he didn't slow Shield down too much.

ID: 77754

Spoiler

Loot: 15 (1 Mat)

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

ID# 77755 results: Loot: 9 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 14 - No materials (1 total)

The path that they walked wound them between several small stands of trees that quickly multiplied into a forest. As they walked, Shield kept an eye on his HUD, noting that the further they walked into the woods, the closer the map marker grew to the center of the field of view.

We're definitely going the right way.

"I can't say I encountered anything quite that bad in my childhood home, but I can't imagine that home environment would be easy to handle," he said, his tone and jaw both stern in light of the grim history Atzo recounted.

After taking a bendin the road, a rock formation came into view, and there in the center was a gaping hole that slanted down into the earth. Knowing what was likely ahead down the tunnel, the tank swapped out his loot gathering items for his axe and shield.

"Stay close, and let me take the lead," he said darkly before ducking into the entrance of the cave.

Edited by Shield

“Don’t worry, I wouldn’t jump in front of you. I know I will die quickly” Atzo said with a smile. He pulled out his Jian regardless. It was just in case, the last thing he needed was to be surprised. Surely this was the chance he needed to analyze Shield. With that in mind he positioned himself to where he could watch the battle and join in if necessary. “You use an ax huh?” he asked observing Shields change in outfit. He watched as the stern faced man proceeded into the cave “I can't help but feel this man is not one that is very trusting.” He thought to himself. “I wonder what he has been thought to make him that way." The dark cave gave him chills, It was menacing. “Embrace the suck” He said quietly to himself his mind racing along like a train, seemingly unable to stop. At least he could enjoy the wilderness.

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

Shield: HP: 540, DMG: 3 - 24 bleed on BD 8+, MIT 96, REGEN: 54, Thorns: 28
Combat Action: Howl

Giant Bat 1 - HP50 HP, DMG: 20
Giant Bat 2 - HP50 HP, DMG: 20

ID# 77788 results: MOB: 4 - MIss

As the darkness closed in around the, Shield did his best to keep his eyes forward. It did not seem like a large cave, but with the level of darkness around them it was impossible to say. His fingers tightened around the handle of his axe. The only sounds he could hear were the faint rasps of both of the sets of breathing and the sound of their footfalls, all of which echoed faintly in the darkness.

At first, he thought he was imagining it, but the further he walked, another sound, one much further off and fainter, began to whisper to them in the dark. It brought to mind scraped knees and time-outs and trips to the dentist.

That's the girl... and she's crying...

He rolled his eyes up towards the invisible ceiling, willing himself to put the sound out of mind.

She's not a real child. She's a series of ones and zeros. She's code. Nothing else.

It was with no small amount of effort that Shield mastered himself, but he did it, forcing his gait to remain steady and cautious. Then, through the dark, there came a soft, sobbing hiccup and a single word wept into the darkness.

"Mommy..."

The blood began to hammer in Shield's ears, and despite his best efforts, he could feel everything getting away from him.

Dammit...

He took half of a skipping step and pelted his way down the hallway, bouncing off of the barely visible walls as he misjudged his distance from them around the slight bends and curves. As he turned one corner, he ran into something else. It wasn't a child though. It was hairy, and from the feel of it as he fumbled to extricate himself, there were large, leathery appendages.

"Bats!" he called out to Atzo. "Big ones! Be on your guard!"

He took a deep breath, expanding his ribcage to pull in as much wind as he could before expelling it at the mobs whose health bars sprang to life in the near darkness.

"Come here, you hairy, flying rats!" he roared, brandishing his axe at the nearly invisible foes. "Pick on something that isn't defenseless for a change!"

He felt rather than saw two dive bombing attacks miss overhead, and he cast about in the dark, doing his best to take inventory of the chamber he had rocketed blindly into, but unable to piece it together properly visually.

Edited by Shield

Atzo stood next to Shield the large man Shouting into the darkness. “Surely there is more to this than meets the eye.” Standing back Atzo thought for a moment, trying to come up with a plan of action. “Hey Shield!” He said with an almost robotic tinge in his voice, “If you can keep their attention I will grab the child, does that work with you?” His entire demeanor changed as soon as they entered combat, he was standing taller and seemed to have a great deal of confidence. “It's hard to see, but I am sure that as long as I don't have anything attacking me I can get the kid and get out.” he thought to himself “Plus Shield looks strong enough to take 30 of these on himself so I would find it easy to believe he will be alright here.” hearing The shouts of Shield a note grew in his mind “Shield, they are just Computer generations. They aren’t actually hurting anyone”

Spoiler

ID# 77866 results:

Shield: HP: 540, DMG: 3 - 24 bleed on BD 8+, MIT 96, REGEN: 54, Thorns: 28
Attack Bat 1 - Battle: 4 - 1 = 3 - miss

Giant Bat 1 - HP50 HP, DMG: 20
Giant Bat 2 - HP50 HP, DMG: 20

MOB: 9 - Hit! 20 dmg - 96 mit - 54 regen = 0

"No good!" Shield called out in the dark, swiping for the nearer of the two enemies with his axe, though connecting with nothing but air. "The quest isn't complete unless we fight off anything protecting the girl!"

As he spoke, two heavy objects collided with him, and he felt the foreclaws of the leathery wings cling onto him. Each of the bats had latched onto him, biting him in the neck. One at a time, he slid the head of his axe between himself and their hairy, putrid bodies, peeling them off of him as if with a spatula.

"I know they're computerized," he shouted back. "But what's the fun of using the Howl skill if you aren't using it to taunt them?"

The bats continued to swoop and dive at him in the darkness.

They're just lucky they managed to avoid my thorns damage on that first hit. Let's see them try their luck again!

Edited by Shield

Atzo nodded before kneeling down, jumping up and slashing the large bat. He moved as though he was no longer a person, his actions mechanical and serious. He showed no fear as his attacked his sword glowing red and yellow with the activated sword art. “I do not know of this ‘Howl Skill’” Atzo said his voice monotone his eyes glazed over as he analyzed The bats seemed to have very distinctive patterns. The exploits were clearly intentional and he could not determine if it was for ease of killing or a trap. However given the low quest level, ease of killing was the most viable option. It was worth noting in his eyes that the  darkness was causing him to falter, he felt as though inconsistency was an inevitability. Though he was not yet sure how to combat it. Pulling back he looked to shield “I will be holding my action next time to ensure the following hit is at its full potential."

ID# 77897 

Spoiler

Battle 10 (Crit Success) [DMG= (2(base)+2(Crit))*(1*2 SA)=8 DMG to Giant Bat 1

SA Used: Straight (2 Energy)

Stats

Spoiler

Shield 540/540 HP | 95 Mit | 54 Regain | 28 Thrns

Atzo 20/20 HP | 0 Mit | 2 DMG Base | 0 Energy | 

Giant Bat 1 42/50 HP | 20 DMG Base | 3 Hate [Shield] | 2 Hate [Atzo]

Giant Bat 2 50/50 HP | 20 DMG Base | 3 Hate [Shield]

Edited by Atzo
Spoiler

ID# 77900 results:

Howl

Giant Bat 1 - HP: 42/50 HP, DMG: 20
Giant Bat 2 - HP50/50 HP, DMG: 20

MOB: 2 - Miss

As the great flapping beasts dove and darted overhead, Shield watched them, waiting until they charged. He filled his lungs a second time, unleashing another deep-chested howl, the force of which knocked them off-course and caused them to grasp at Shield fruitlessly with their hind claws before turning over in midair and falling back to a safer distance.

"That is the Howl skill," Shield said in the stillness that followed his action. "You're familiar with the Hate system, correct? The more you hurt a monster, the more it focuses you. Well, I have yet to hit them, and they still see me as the bigger threat, even though you landed a solid blow."

The bats each let out an angry screech and darted back at Shield, flapping angrily around his head.

"That's the way us tanks keep our DPS safe," he explained at a half-shout to be heard over the chorus of irritating squeaks and clicks from their foes. "Like I said, it's just more fun to hurl a few insults while you're at it. Take a minute if you need to. I'll handle them for now."

Edited by Shield

Atzo watched as Shield howled “Interesting” he thought “I haven’t seen that yet though the way he puts it, it definitely makes sense.” Listening intently as Shield spoke he looked to him Yeah, I assumed that hate was how this game handled Aggro. Though I had not thought about it as something you could invest your play style in” Atzo moved around the cave watching and observing the best he could. He was being very careful as to not step into the way of Shield or the bats. Atzo’s moves, in fact, Looked more like a waltz or choreographed dance, his motions precise and timed, every step as well thought out as the last if not more. It was indeed a different style of combat then he was used to. He looked back to Shield, “He fights with such aggression. It is interesting to see someone fight like Ren does… Or is it just out of the ordinary for someone to fight like me?”

Spoiler

ID# 77902 results:

Battle: 4 - 1 = 3 - Miss

Giant Bat 1 - HP: 42/50 HP, DMG: 20
Giant Bat 2 - HP50/50 HP, DMG: 20

MOB: 5 - Miss

Now that the focus was more squarely on him, Shield could focus on trying to return a little punishment. Unfortunately, in the dark, the act of doing so was a complicated one. As the first bat strayed closer, testing the waters, he swung upwards with the hooked bottom edge of his axe, but his swipe slid through the darkness with no resistance.

Likewise, the bats, seemingly spooked from the commotion and volume of the verbal assaults were too timid to properly commit to a serious attack, pulling out of their dive bombs early to flit away, screeching angrily.

This isn't working. They're too nervous get close enough for me to damage them properly. As long as they can continue to make little swipes and retreat, they're going to keep avoiding all of the real damage.

"Atzo," Shield called out. "Do you think you can try to drive them this way when you attack? They're too uneasy to engage! Take away that luxury!"

Edited by Shield

Atzo Watched as the bats held back, not getting to close to Shield. “Yes, I can do my best” Atzo responded as he activated his Sword Art once again. Bending his knees he it the second large bat, seeing as he was already in a position to drive the forward and the second bat was the furthest in the back. The strike hit hard, startling the bats and driving them forward. “I hope that helps I will be holding my action once again.” he said to Shield as Atzo drew back towards the right cave wall. He used the shadows to his advantage to try to gain the upper hand on the creatures, though if they kept up at the rate they were going that may take longer than anticipated. He didn't mind though. It was interesting watching the gruff man fight, he was certainly experienced and showed it quite well so observing him may allow Atzo to gain some understanding of his fighting style.

ID# 77905

Spoiler

Battle 10 (Crit Success) [DMG=(2{base}+2{Crit})*(1*2{SA})

Sword Art Used: Straight (2 Energy)

Stats

Spoiler

Shield 540/540 HP | 95 Mit | 54 Regain | 28 Thrns

Atzo 20/20 HP | 0 Mit | 2 DMG Base | 0 Energy | 

Giant Bat 1 42/50 HP | 20 DMG Base | 6 Hate [Shield] | 2 Hate [Atzo]

Giant Bat 2 42/50 HP | 20 DMG Base | 6 Hate [Shield] | 2 Hate [Atzo]

Edited by Atzo