[SP-F1] The Hunt Continues [GM Thread][Complete]

Some time had passed since Aereth had received his red cursor. But he couldn't stop now. He may have saved two players lives, but there were so many more who would possibly die if he didn't continue to hunt the players of the group on the third floor. Aereth had once again gathered information about a group of two players that were regularly meeting at the cave. One of them was an orange player and the other was green again...

"So they're using the same trick as the guys I already took care of..." he thought while he was silently following the red player through the dungeons to get down to what Aereth was assuming, the first floor again. As soon as he would get confirmation that the two players were up to some ugly things, Aereth would once again need to step in and stop them one way or another...

Edited by Aereth

As the two players finally met again on floor one, with Aereth following them hidden, he was able to hear a conversation between them. "Like always. You stay here and I'll bait out a player for some fun, Akkon." the green player said to the red player which name was now revealed to be Akkon. "Yeah yeah, just see that you bring us somebody who has at least a little bit of money or rare items." The green player nodded and started to walk off into the general direction of the town of beginnings. "Oh and Ukon! Hurry up. I want to be done with this before dinner." Akkon added before Ukon left the area entirely. 

Now it was only Akkon and Aereth left in the area. Aereth waited some minutes and activated his <<Disguise>> skill turning into Ukon. He slowly walked over to Akkon and waited for his response. "What the... Why are you back so quickly? An... And why the hell are you orange? I was supposed to kill the victim." Akkon asked confused. This was everything Aereth needed to know. He drew his blade and charged up his strongest sword art. "Because I am your destroyer." Aereth said calmly and closed the distance between them. His blade made contact with the virtual flesh of Akkon and his HP decreased by a good amount...

Spoiler

ID# 77758 results:

Battle: 2+3+1 HIT
Damage: 11*8*1=88DMG

MOB: 1 MISS

Aereth: 586/600  HP | -14 THORNS <> 53/60 EN | -8+1
Akkon: 322/400 HP | -88 HP <> 39/40 EN |-2+1 <> 0 MIT <> 1(Weapon)+3(OHSS)+1(Heavy Momentum)=6 Base DMG <> 3 ACC <> 2 BLEED <> 2 THORNS 

Edited by Aereth

Akkon finally seemed to realize what was happening. "You.... You are the guy who killed Vaekon and Trywen! Am I right?" he asked Aereth with anger in his voice. Aereth's disguise faded away and revealed him in his nightingale armor and Sin of Valor in his hand. "And what would you do if I am that guy?" Aereth asked in a cold voice. Akkon felt insulted by the comment and started to charge at Aereth. Even though Aereth was able to dodge the incoming hit he noticed that this guy must have an accuracy item equipped, since it wasn't that easy to dodge. Dismissing these thoughts, Aereth charged up a sword art on his own and attacked Akkon who was still stuck in post motion delay after attacking and missing the man in black armor. His blade left red damage markers on the body of Akkon and Aereth jumped back a couple of meters to create some distance between them.

Spoiler

ID# 77759 results:

Battle: 6+3

MOB: 3+3-3

Aereth: 572/600  HP | -14 THORNS <> 53/60 EN | -8+1 <> Disguise Cooldown: 1/12
Akkon: 234/400 HP | -88 HP <> 39/40 EN |-2+1 <> 0 MIT <> 1(Weapon)+3(OHSS)+1(Heavy Momentum)=6 Base DMG <> 3 ACC <> 2 BLEED <> 2 THORNS 

Edited by Aereth

This time however, Aereth wouldn't let him get the next attack in first. He sped towards Akkon and charged up his sword art. With every hit he landed until now, Aereth unfortunately had to take the thorns damage from the enhancement of his opponent. Aereth didn't bother though. He needed to get this guy down before the other one was coming back. He had some bad memories with fighting two guys at once while having to protect a victim. Aereth charged at max sped towards Akkon, who was seemingly surprised by Aereth's hig speed, and landed a critical hit on the man. Both his bleed and paralyze enhancements activated and Aereth decreased the health points of Akkon deep into the yellow zone. "Why the hell are you and your mates doing this stuff? Luring out lower leveled players and killing them off without any hesitation. I don't understand it. So at least explain this to me before I get rid of you." Aereth said in a stone cold voice.

Spoiler

ID# 77760 results:

Battle: 10 Critical HIT
Damage: (11+2)*8*1=104DMG | Paralyze activated | Bleed activated

MOB: 8 Ignored because of paralyze

Aereth: 572/600  HP <> 46/60 EN | -8+1 <> Disguise Cooldown: 2/12
Akkon: 106/400 HP | -104-24 HP | Bleed: 1/2 <> 38/40 EN

Edited by Aereth

"You wanna know why?" Akkon spat back at Aereth's comment. Right now it wasn't looking very good vor the man. His health points were deep into the yellow and one more hit from Aereth in combination with the bleed effect would most probably kill him. And he could still not move his body properly because of the paralyze. "I just can't belief you that you all are just some crazy f*ckers that kill just for their own pleasure. You must have a reasoning as to why you are doing this." Aereth replied calmly while pointing the tip of his sword at the man. "If you cooperate, I might spare your pity life." he added. Aereth saw the glimpse of hope flickering in Akkons eyes as he mentioned that he would spare the mans life. "Now talk!" Aereth demanded. "I can't speak for all of us, but most of us are simple bandits. We get the players out of the safe zone take everything they have and kill the off afterwards. Dead men tell no tales..." So it was like Aereth thought all along. "And from where do you know that they die in real life?" Akkon added mockingly. His paralyze wore off and he started a last attack on Aereth. "Futile..." Aereth thought and parried the slash. "You and your kind disgust me..." With that Aereth leaped back which surprised Akkon and slashed at the man. His body scattered into thousand little polygons and Aereth sheathed his blade...

Spoiler

ID# 77762 results:

Battle: 6+3 HIT

MOB: 2+3-3 MISS

Aereth: 558/600  HP <> 39/60 EN | -8+1 <> Disguise Cooldown: 3/12
Akkon: 0/400 HP | -88-24 HP | Bleed: 2/2 <> 38/40 EN DEAD

Edited by Aereth

Now Aereth needed to come up with a plan. In some time the second player would come back, most probably with another victim, and Aereth needed to free the victim without risking him or her life. He cursed. Unfortunately he had already used the <<Disguise>> skill in the last battle and the cool down counter didn't go away yet. "So Disguise is not an option at the moment. What can I do to seperate the victim from the kidnapper.." His gears were grinding. 

Even though he just killed another person, he felt nothing. No regret no guilt no pleasure. There was simply nothing. After his first kill he felt somewhat conflicted, but that feeling was gone after he talked to the twins he saved. Then he thought back at that fatal day. The day where he lost everything he had. Did they feel regret? Were they sorry? No. They robbed him everything. His love, his heart and his feelings...

Aereth: [578/600 HP | +20 HP] <<->> [40/60 EN | +1] <<->> [Disguise Cooldown: 4/12]

No that wasn't completely true. He still felt joy when he was with his friends and guildmates, but the pain never faded. Even after he talked to Itzal about everything he still lied to the man. He just couldn't tell him the real story. The truth still hurt too much to speak loud what really happened at that day... 

But for now he needed to focus on the task at hand. There was a potential player killer on the way to him and he needed to formulate a plan on how to stop him. Aereth needed to hide himself. He looked up. The trees were very dense in this part of the forest and he might be able to start an surprise attack if he would be waiting up there for the other guy to arrive. Aereth just hoped that they disbanded the party before he attacked Akkon, because if they did not the other player would know that Akkon was now dead...

Aereth: [598/600 HP | +20 HP] <<->> [41/60 EN | +1] <<->> [Disguise Cool-Down: 5/12]

With Aereth hidden in the trees, he would wait up there until Ukon finally would come back to the place and ambush him. In the meanwhile Ukon had found a decent target for their plans today. It was a young man about 18 years old and had just reached level ten. Ukon asked him if he wanted to do a quest together with him and the boy agreed with no problems. Unfortunately the quest of Ukon would be to rob everything he had and kill the poor boy off afterwards.

Slowly the two of them made their way over to the spot where Akkon should wait for them to return. They were casually chatting when suddenly Aereth came crashing down from above and took down Ukon. Aereth tried his best to restrain the movements of the man and yelled at the boy. "Run back into the safe zone or you'll get killed. NOW."

Aereth: [600/600 HP | ] <<->> [60/60 EN |] <<->> [Disguise Cool-Down: 6/12]

The boy looked very confused and didn't move one inch. Aereth was having trouble in holding down the Ukon. The man finally managed to free himself from Aereth's grip and immediately drew his one handed curve blade. He seemed to be slightly higher leveled than Akkon so Aereth needed to be careful. He also drew his blade and rushed at the man in front of him. Aereth ducked a horizontal swipe and landed the first hit on his opponent, successfully applying the paralyze and the bleeding effect. With Ukon now unable to move, Aereth turned once more to the boy. "Run now. I don't know if there are more on their way...." Now the boy finally saw the orange cursor over the head of Aereth and flinched. He immediately turned around and ran towards the town of beginnings. 

"I assume you are the one that killed Trywen and Vaekon?" Aereth rose an eyebrow. "Your little friend asked the same question..." Aereth replied cold.

Spoiler

ID# 77764 results:

Battle: 9+3 Critical Hit
Damage: (11+1)*8*1=96DMG, Bleed activated, Paralyze activated

MOB: 9+3-3 Critical Hit, Ignored because of Paralyze

Aereth: [600/600 HP | ] <<->> [53/60 EN | -8+1 ] <<->> [Disguise Cool-Down: 7/12]
Ukon: [380/500HP | -96-24 | Bleed: 1/2 | Paralyze: 1/1 ] <<->> [50/50EN |] <<->> [Weapon: 3 DMG, Armor: 2 SAVVY 1 Light Momentum, Ring: 3 ACC] <<->> [OHCS Rank 4, Base DMG: 7]

Edited by Aereth

Ukon was slightly hit off guard as Aereth mentioned how his friend asked him the same question. Until now he thought that Akkon might help him in this fight but it seems like this wouldn't be happening... He grit his teeth. "Just answer my question a**hole." Ukon yelled his voice filled with rage. Aereth however didn't care. "If you don't calm yourself down, there is no point in further talking with you." With that he charged up another sword art and closed the distance between both of them. Just in time the paralyze effect wore off, and Ukon was able to parry the attack at the last second. Not stopping his assault, Aereth simply turned 360° to the left and both of them engaged close combat. Sparks were flying and none of them seemed to be able to gain the upper hand, until Aereth delivered a spinning kick to Ukon's face. The man stumbled back a little and Aereth attacked directly...

Spoiler

ID# 77765 results:

Battle: 3+3 HIT

MOB: 4+3-3 MISS, Light Momentum activated +1 to next BD

Aereth: [600/600 HP | ] <<->> [46/60 EN | -8+1 ] <<->> [Disguise Cool-Down: 8/12]
Ukon: [268/500HP | -88-24 | Bleed: 2/2] <<->> [49/50EN | -2+1]

Edited by Aereth

Aereth followed up with another attack and his paralyze enhancement activated again. Ukon sank to his knees and cursed. "Tell me how many people are part of your small group here and who's your boss?" Aereth asked the man who was down to his knees, with his sword pointed at him. "As if I'd tell you, you b*stard." Ukon answered and spit on the ground in front of Aereth's feet. "If you don't tell me I'll most probably kill you right here right now. But if you choose to cooperate with me I might think about sparing your pathetic life." Aereth knew that he was too far away from actually dying that he would tell him anything. He needed to lower the man's health point a little bit further. At least get him into the red zone before he would start to talk with Aereth about his group. Aereth's indifferent eyes looked down at the man kneeling in front of him...

Spoiler

ID# 77770 results:

Battle: 8+3 HIT, Paralyze activated

MOB: 6+3-3 HIT, Ignored because of Paralyze, +1 to next BD

Aereth: [600/600 HP | ] <<->> [39/60 EN | -8+1 ] <<->> [Disguise Cool-Down: 9/12]
Ukon: [180/500HP | -88 | Paralyze: 1/1] <<->> [49/50EN | ]

Edited by Aereth

Slowly the paralyze effect started to wear off, and Ukon was finally able to move again. He stood back up again and got back into his battle stance. Within the blink of an eye, the man started to charge up a a sword art and began to run towards Aereth. "I won't go down without a fight you sh*thead." he screamed at Aereth while he attacked him. "He is letting his anger control his movements..." Aereth simply thought and also sped towards him. They met head on in the middle of the distance between them, and started to engage each other in close combat again. Sparks  flew through the air and none of the two opponents seemed to be able to gain the upper hand over the other. When they finally stopped the attacks and created some distance between them, Aereth took a decent dent to his health points due to a critical hit Ukon landed on him. But not without doing decent damage himself to the man...

Spoiler

ID# 77867 results:

Battle: 3+3 HIT

MOB: 10 Critical HIT
Damage: (8+2)*8*1=80DMG

Aereth: [520/600 HP | -80 ] <<->> [32/60 EN | -8+1 ] <<->> [Disguise Cool-Down: 10/12]
Ukon: [92/500HP | -88 | ] <<->> [42/50EN | -8+1 ]

Edited by Aereth

Aereth was first to recover from the clash of blades and sped towards Ukon once more. His blade glowed in a dark blue shade and after he closed the distance Aereth kicked the man into the stomach, and followed up with a swift swipe of his blade, landing a critical hit and applying paralyze and bleed status one more time. He health points of Ukon sank into the red zone and he fell on his back. This fight was over. "You've fought well. I respect that. But now answer my questions. Who is your boss, and how many players are working under him or her." Aereth said, slowly sheathing his sword. He could clearly see, that the health points of the man were slowly but surely decreasing. "God damn it. Don't ask questions, HELP ME." Ukon shouted as he too was watching how his life was gliding through his fingers. "Answer the question." Aereth simply told the man. "OK, OK, ORIGINALLY WE WERE 15 PEOPLE. BUT UP UNTIL NOW YOU KILLED ALREADY THREE OF THEM, PLEASE SAVE M...." Ukon wasn't able to finish his sentence because of the bleed effect deleting the last couple of health points he had left....

Spoiler

ID# 77868 results:

Battle: 10 Critical HIT, Paralyze activated, Bleed activated
Damage: (11+2)*2*3=78DMG

MOB: 1 Critical MISS

Aereth: [520/600 HP | ] <<->> [27/60 EN | -6+1 ] <<->> [Disguise Cool-Down: 11/12]
Ukon: [0/500HP | -78-24 | Paralyze:1/1 | Bleed: 1/2 ] <<->> [42/50EN | ]  DEAD

Edited by Aereth

Aereth frowned. He might have been able to extract even more information from the man if he hadn't died so quickly. Well it couldn't be helped. At least he found out how many player were in this particular group. "So originally 15 huh?" he mumbled while staring at the spot Ukon was lying just some moments ago. This would mean there are only 11 people remaining. Aereth knew that how he handled things at the moment, following a small group and erasing them, wouldn't work much longer. They would most probably be on their guard when they got to know that another two of their comrades have died until now. They would know that somebody was hunting them with no mercy.

Suddenly Aereth heard slow claps, from behind him. He immediately turned around to see a hooded player with a one handed straight sword on his back approaching him. He gulped...

Aereth: [540/600 HP | +20 ] <<->> [28/60 EN | +1 ] <<->> [Disguise Cool-Down: 12/12]

"Even though, the guys you just killed were just some pathetic weak b*stards you still managed to defeat both of them with no problems." Hooded player then chuckled. "You even finished the job and killed them both after defeating them. My name is Klaus, and I'm the leader of the Exiled Destruction guild. Let this be a warning to you. Stop that little hunt of yours. If you stop it right here, right now we will not harm you and everything you hold dear." 
Aereth frowned. He was angry and he had f*cked up big time. A short look at his energy and health bar told him that he had no good cards if he were to start another fight immediately after the one he fought some moments ago. Still, he rose his blade and got into his battle stance. If Klaus were to attack him now he would at least wouldn't make it easy for him to defeat Aereth...

Aereth: [540/600 HP | +20 ] <<->> [29/60 EN | +1 ]

Klaus chuckled at Aereth's actions. "Do you really thing you might be able to do anything to me in the condition you are right now?" His voice then turned serious. "Quit that bullsh*t. I won't fight you today, but if you continue to be in our ways, I'll tear you apart with my own hands." With that Klaus turned around and started to walk off into the darkness of the forest. Aereth was debating if he should follow him but then pushed the thought away rather quickly. He needed to regain his energy and health points. It was enough for today. 
With that he decided to walk off towards the labyrinth of the first floor to make his way back to his home. He needed to eat something and he only wanted to sleep. "Was it really the right choice to walk this way?" he asked himself while walking...

Aereth: [560/600 HP | +20 ] <<->> [60/60 EN |  ]

Right now he was nothing more than a killing machine. Aereth didn't feel anything when he killed the two players some moments ago. He struggled more and more to see himself as a human being. Machine described him pretty well. He only had his goal and he was doing everything he could to accomplish it. 

He took a break and unsheathed his obsidian colored blade. The Sin of Valor... He looked at it and thought back to all the adventures he had been in with this sword. Shortly after he reached tier two, the real business started for Aereth. He had been training almost every day in order to catch up to the other higher leveled players inside of this game, and here he was. Level 30 with 4 actual kills. With his 22 years Aereth already had ended the lives of four players inside of this death game in order to make it a safer place for everybody. 

Aereth: [580/600 HP | +20 ] <<->> [60/60 EN |  ]

But for now he had to think about that Klaus guy. He had warned Aereth, but that wouldn't stop him now. He was already too deep into the whole stuff as that he could quit now. From the way the man was talking to Aereth, he assumed that he must have been at least on par with Aereth when it came to actual combat. But the thing that set Aereth off the most, was the hooded cloak that person was wearing. Aereth was to 100% sure what cloak that was and where he had seen this kind of cloaks in the past. How could he forget. On that fateful day where he lost everything, the players who attacked them and killed the love of his live wore the same cloak. "Laughing Coffin..." Aereth mumbled as he got back up to his feet to continue his walk back home to the fourth floor.

Now he most definitely would continue his hunt and confront the player that just talked to him. But before that would happen, Aereth needed to get stronger. Stronger with his blade and stronger with his will. Aereth already had the spare SP to grandmaster his one handed straight sword. He only needed to invest them into his skill tree to max out the skill. It had been a long way until he finally was able to max it out. The days of hard work and the constant mob grinding in combination with the occasional event boss fights payed off in the end. In these couple of months he got from level 1 to 30 and was close to grandmaster his primary weapon. Aereth somehow felt proud. But now wasn't the time to celebrate the task. He needed to prepare for the upcoming fight with Klaus and his guildmates. Only the future would show who would win.

Another couple of minutes passed, and Aereth finally made it to the entrance of the first floor labyrinth. It would take him another couple of hours to get home but he was already used to the constant walking his orange cursor brought with it. "I need to stay careful and make sure nobody is following me to my home. I don't want to put Yui and Yua at the risk of getting pulled into this whole sh*t again." he thought as he walked. He may even have to quit the Celestial Ascendants. He swore to himself that he would never ever pull them into his war. They were a bunch of good guys who dedicated their virtual lives to helping others. Aereth needed to talk to Itzal once again. Even though the boy was younger than him he always had some good advice for Aereth. He hoped that this time it would be no different...

Edited by Aereth