{PP-F1} The Missing Piece -Shield and Myself-

Domarus stared at his notes and entries that lay on his desk with annoyance.  The words were written in Greek lettering so only he or someone else who had memorized the Greek Alphabet would be able to read it.  And he was staring at a very particular part.  A section that clearly showed three out of four found.  One still missing.  Three out of four generals and the final piece being a tank willing to play that role...  He stood up in frustration and made his way out his locked room and towards the door.
     "Keres I'm heading out for a bit.  Stay here and watch the shop.  Rhozart you come along too.  I need to let loose a little."  Rhozarth took flight and landed on Domarus' shoulder right after the dragon bone armor materialized.  The dragon bone armor was obtained during a rather weak quest and was mainly to give a less intimidating appearance.  Some would think dragon bone armor would be intimidating, but compared to his Hopebreaker set this armor was very warming indeed.  His two handed ax was hanging on his back and he went ahead and equipped his LD item, intending to get decent loot.  He made his way out and saw four large boar heading his way.  Domarus turned to them and stared dead into their eyes, his own red gaze piercing into theirs.  They seemed to begin to slow down until they came to a stop.  The two parties stared at one another for the longest time, Domarus' gaze showing the mobs a seething fury that was begging to come out.  Within a flash he drew his weapon right when they charged.  Domarus charged and released his sword art Explode Catapult and swung his weapon furiously at the four, hacking through their health and dropping it like a bomb while Rhozarth clawed at the four and burning their hides with his flaming claws.  Two hundred and twenty four points of damage.  He could do better he thought.  After that blow the monsters fell behind him and crashed into the trees.  He checked his health bar and noted that they landed some damage on him.  Two points each by the looks of it, adding up to eight damage.  Seeing as how they didn't receive thorns damage this meant they landed a critical hit.  Domarus was fine with that.

ID#  78080  BD:  5+3=8 -non critical- CD:  7  MD:  9  Sword art used:  Explode Catapult  x2x7  -28 EN

Domarus:  408/540  26/54  -29x3-54x4=132 dmg-
x4Boar:  94/290  -14x2x7=196 dmg-

@Shield

Edited by Domarus

While he had had very poor luck hunting for materials, the sound of battle while on the way back to his shop drew Shield's attention. He jogged along the road, following the familiar sounds of squealing boars and heavy hooves on hard ground. Rounding the bend in the trail, he saw a player whose identity was hidden under a thick layer of armor, but who seemed to be soloing against the creatures. Taking a step and then another, he slowly broke into a run, filling his lungs as he drew nearer to the fray. He blew past @Domarus and planted his feet, unleashing the contents of his lungs in a howling taunt to draw the fire of the boars.

Spoiler

Shield: LV: 29, HP: 580/580, Dmg: 3, Mit: 96, Regen: 54, Thorns: 28 dmg
Combat action: Howl

"Hey, you oversized swine," he bellowed, his voice projecting with such ferocity that it seemed to stir the trees nearest the boars. "Why don't you pick on someone with a little tougher skin?"

Over his shoulder, Shield gave Domarus a glance, although somewhat in the way of his glance was the head of a large alligator snapping turtle, Norbert, that was strapped there like a large, turtle backpack. The familiar's beak-like jaws snapped grouchily at the considerable noise Shield had made with his howl. The creature's carapace was easily big enough to eclipse Shield's back, making it an older adult male of its species. Moving his head to the other side to properly look back at Domarus, Shield addressed the other player.

"Looked like you could use a hand," Shield said to the other player. "Figured I'd absorb a little punishment so you can focus on dealing yours."

Edited by Shield

From nowhere a player had leaped in and used the howl skill to draw in the monster's hate.  The player spoke to him and he glanced at the player through the visor which glowed a red pulse.  Where have I seen that brown haired player before...  Ah, the valentines day boss.  He was in my party.  I doubt he knows my true identity, but neither do I know his.  No doubt if I reveal myself and my name he shall give me his own.  By the looks of it he seeks to be a.....  Tank.....  Surely it wouldn't be that easy.  He had been severely lucky thus far and he was certain his luck had to run out at some point.  Therefore he would assume this player would never fit the bill until he was absolutely certain of it.  He nodded to the player and turned just in time to see the four boar slam into him head on, one after another, knocking him back.  After they did though, their backs were turned, and Domarus rained hell upon them, destroying them with exploding catapult.  As he finished them off the loot menu popped up.  It said that the default col was dropped, obviously a change.  The col was good but what really caught his eye was what he'd been needing all this time:  Seven materials.  Perfect he thought.  He accepted it and sent one material as well as four hundred and eighty col to the stranger.  Or rather he offered it.  He hated being in debt and it was better to give this than to owe a favor.
     "While it was under control, I do thank you for your assistance.  I believe we may have fought together in the most recent event boss, is that correct?"  Rhozarth landed on Domarus' shoulder armor, staring at the player with great interest.

ID#  78225  BD:  6  CD:  8  LD:  20+3  MD:  8

Domarus:  408/540  26/54
@Shield:  576/580  58/58  -29x3-92x4=4 dmg-
x4Boar:  0/290  -14x2x7=196 dmg-

Loot:  3,480  -3,000 to Domarus, 480 to Shield-  7 materials -6 to Domarus, 1 to Shield-

Edited by Domarus
Spoiler

ID# 78230 results: Loot: 10 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 15 - +1 Material! (1 total)

"Well, that's difficult to say," Shield answered, accepting the trade and busying himself by swapping out a few items.

His shield and axe were replaced by an earring and a wristband, and before he could finish answering the question, the gold inlay in the simple silver hoop earring began to glow. The dark eyes of the tank scanned the ground, and sure enough, they came to rest on a chunk of ore on the side of the road, stained like rust to indicate its high iron content.

"I can't exactly see your face to tell," he finished, retrieving the ore and banishing it to his inventory. "My name is Shield. I don't believe there was much time for introductions during that fight, so even if we did fight together, the name was likely not something I had a chance to share."

Gesturing with his shaggy head towards where the boars had last disappeared.

"I'm sure you would have been fine, but I've been erring on the side of caution. Mobs seem to be getting meaner the later we get into the game."

Edited by Shield

Domarus listened to the player and nodded as he mentioned how they failed at introductions.  This tank was indeed interesting.  And the way Rhozarth was looking at the player.  It seemed that Rhozarth was uncertain as to if this player could be an effective general or not.  His flaming dragon kept it's fiery gaze on Shield.
     "Indeed.  We have met then, if only briefly."  Domarus opened his menu and switched his Hopebreaker set for the dragon bone armor, the black armor flashing and gone, replaced by simple dragon boned armor.  There was no helmet.  It was simple armor that allowed Domarus to reveal his face.  Much less intimidating and thus was the purpose.  Domarus grinned to the player and held out his hand to shake the tank's.
     "Well then how about we do this properly.  My name is Domarus Shield.  May I guess that you are a tank then?  Seeing as how you used howl and that is a tank orientated skill after all.  And this is Rhozarth, my familiar.  Keres and her familiar are handling my shop currently so I'm afraid you won't be able to see her today."  Domarus wondered what this player's level was and how frequently he trained.  Domarus had been rather slow as of late but he was quickly rounding up his damage nonetheless.  He had planned it out and knew that he'd deal massive amount of damage once he maxed out the skills he needed, as well as obtained the items required.  One such item was a banner given by a quest.  After that he'd need to stockpile on potions.  He did indeed hope that one of his generals, or someone who would become a follower, would choose to become an alchemist so that the process would be easier.  Then the player mentioned how monsters have become stronger and he nodded.
     "True, it did seem stronger than normal, but it still wasn't a match."

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 78421 results: Loot: 11 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 16 - +1 Material (2 total)

Shield received the handshake with a firm grip, studying the face and repeating back the name both in his head and out loud to keep it more securely in his memory.

"@Domarus. Well, Domarus, I hope you don't take my intervention as a sleight on your abilities," he said with a nod of his head before releasing the other player's hand. "We've lost enough players as it is. Norbert and I would much rather be overly helpful than underly helpful."

He reached up to pat the turtle on the head that was strapped to him backpack style. The grouchy familiar snapped at his fingers, which he quickly withdrew, clearing his throat.

"Well, I would at least."

The faint glow from his earring usually took a moment to subside, but even after collecting the ore he had found, it still remained lit. That meant somewhere near by, there was another crafting material. He turned his eyes to the ground, and sure enough, right at his feet, he spied a small sprig of wild herb, which he bent down and harvested before righting himself and turning his attention back to the player in front of him.

"What brings you outside of town today?"

Edited by Shield

Domarus listened as the player ensured he would remember Domarus' name.  He explained why he had intervened and he couldn't let any more players die.  Yes he was indeed a tank.  Then he mentioned someone named Norbert and held his hand towards his back.  Only to sharply pull it back.  Rhozarth narrowed it's eyes, clearly hating the fact that something was beyond it's sight.  The fiery familiar took off and flew to a tree behind Shield and landed, staring it's fiery gaze down at what appeared to be a large turtle.  Rhozarth continued to stare at the creature, understanding that it was very strong not in strength, but in defense.  The two were total opposites.  Domarus chuckled and nodded.
     "Indeed.  I agree that too many players have died, whether from reckless behavior or from player killers.  As players grow stronger it's their duty to weed out those who have turned or look out for those who cannot handle themselves.  Unfortunately nearly all of the front liners don't seem to do that.  Their only care is getting the last hit bonus, or so a player has told me.  I wish to find this out for myself of course, after I've reached the frontlines.  That might take some time however."  In truth Domarus could care less about other players.  If they chose to go fight something that was out of their league or go alone that was their own foolish fault.  However if he were to achieve his goals than he needed to make the public happy, pleased, content.  He needed a good reputation.  Thus he would need to make the effort to show that he 'did' care.  His generals however would be told the truth.  Whether this player could be trusted with that or not had yet to be seen.  Still, if he did then he could always work out as a follower.  It wasn't as if he intended to stop at generals.  The generals were only phase one of his plans.  Then the player asked what he was doing outside.
     "I had an issue come up and I needed to, ah, vent out my frustrations so to speak.  I planned to reproach the issue afterwards.  It's nothing you can help with unfortunately.  However I do believe some company would do me some good."  

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 78504 results: Loot: 1 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 6 - No materials (2 total)

Shield nodded along, acknowledging the sentiments of the goings on of SAO, the politics of the front lines, the dangers, and the problems with players who take for granted the lives of others. His dark eyes, hard, though not uncaring, remained focused as Domarus spoke.

"Well, I'm just out here to gather materials," he said, gesturing towards the landscape around them. "If company is all you need, I'm fine with that."

Turning his attention back towards the ground, Shield scoured the edges of the path, though unfortunately, his earring would likely have alerted him if anything noteworthy was nearby.

"I think I've farmed this spot out," he added, pointing to his earring, which he used as his personal divining rod. "I don't mind which way we go, but let's keep moving."

This was one of the more laid back afternoons he had had in some time. Between constant questing and managing his shop, this was practically a vacation, even though it in and of itself was a chore.

Edited by Shield

Some say that the eyes are window's to the soul.  Domarus understood this perfectly, which was why he spent most of his high school years perfecting the art of deception.  Learning how to make himself appear one way when he was really thinking another.  Most people had not mastered it, and even Domarus hadn't mastered the ability to disguise his eyes fully.  And yet he was still skilled in it.  More skilled than most people in the world.  While the player didn't seem to be very skilled in the art of deception, his eyes didn't reveal much to Domarus, save for that this player was a hard man.  This was a player he needed to be cautious of.  His words were rather inviting even though his eyes screamed otherwise.  Domarus nodded to the player.
     "Sounds good.  I could also use some materials for my shop anyways.  I'm always running low, and the loot for monsters seems to have changed."  Rhozarth stared at the turtle until it either took notice of it or if it did not, then flew back to Domarus.  If the turtle had noticed Rhozarth, it would probably notice it's posture.  Rhozarth held itself as if others were insignificant.  It was a very proud creature, and a very strong dragon.  Domarus listened as Shield mentioned how he believes he had cleared the area of materials.  Domarus looked around and confirmed it, nodding.  

"Indeed."  Domarus began to walk in the direction opposite of his shop.  He didn't know much about this player and would rather not have him know just yet where Domarus lived.  He especially might have a problem if Keres took Vex out.  While it was a small chance she did and he doubted it, he wanted to be cautious.  Rhozarth sat on Domarus' bone armored shoulder, looking at either Shield or the turtle, whichever was paying it more attention.  Rhozarth wasn't eager for attention, but he wanted to make sure it wasn't looked down on, rather the opposite.

ID#  78788  LD:  6+3=9 no material found

@Shield

Edited by Domarus
Spoiler

ID# 78802 results: Loot: 6 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 11 - No materials (2 total)

Shield followed along beside Domarus, keeping his eyes on the ground along the road for signs of materials, all the while, sending glances towards the side that was home to his detection earring. It was definitely a big help when finding things along the way. The tank did not seem unpleasant by any stretch of the imagination, but his expression was neutral and difficult to read. Meanwhile, the turtle on his back was anything but difficult to read. It groaned angrily, trying its best to swim its way out of the sling that held it in place on the player's back.

"So not to pry or anything, but how did you find yourself here in Sword Art Online?" Shield asked, venturing a glance over at @Domarus"Were you already a gamer, or was this your first time really delving into the virtual wold. I mean, don't get me wrong. I understand why you stayed, since we're all kind of in that boat, but why online gaming?"

This was a question that elicited a variety of unusual responses in Shield's time here so far. It was one of his favorite ways to start to get to know another player.

Edited by Shield

Domarus listened as the tank asked a question to Domarus, mainly about why he was in the game in the first place.  Most players hadn't asked that question which was normal.  Most simply assumed the others were normal gamers like everyone else.  The issue was that players who assumed everything were always ignorant.  And ignorance was intolerable to Domarus.  He was liking how this player thought but he was worried he might be too intelligent.  Then he canceled that thought out.  Intelligence wouldn't be a problem.  So long as this player didn't have 'divine' or 'righteous knight' morals then Domarus should be good.
     "I don't mind.  In fact I'm rather pleased you ask those sort of questions.  Too many don't seek out answers and they just assume them, leaving them in ignorance and easily fooled.  You don't appear to be one of them.  I'm not a hardcore gamer but I have played mmorpg's whenever I had the time.  My first game was specifically mmo.  After a few, practice rounds so to speak I moved on to the mmorpg games.  That's all only in my spare time of course.  I'm usually busy with work otherwise."  Work both in the sense of a job, and in the sense of building the foundations of his rising empire of course.  This player shield was a mystery to him and they had a chance encounter.  This meant nothing of course, he'd need to be wary either way.  Regardless if this player was to be his tank general or not he would require more information on the player.
     "If it's alright with you I'd like to ask you a question myself.  Why choose tank?  Surely becoming a dps would be more beneficial and worthwhile.  Getting scouting skills would help you out greatly as well.  So out of all the paths you could have chosen why choose tank?"  Domarus caught sight of a piece of ore and snatched it immediately.  He needed the materials desperately for his crafting.

ID#  79029  LD:  18  +1 MAT 7 total

@Shield

Edited by Domarus
Spoiler

ID# 79031 results: Loot: 6 + 5 = 11 - No materials (2 total)

"Call it practicality," Shield answered offhandedly. "Sure, a DPS is the most sung hero and a scout has the best loot drops, but you can't go on dungeon crawls without a good tank, and the most effective DPS builds tend to become glass cannons, so you need the meat shield to keep the cannon from shattering."

His menu tinkled lightly as he flicked through his inventory. He summoned a bag of rather potent smelling bait fish, absentmindedly handing them one at a time over his shoulder to the turtle that was strapped to his back. With a heavy clomp, the jaws snapped shut, barely avoiding the player's fingers. This appeared to be a dance Shield had practiced, moving his fingers out of the way just in time to avoid Norbert's beak.

"As such, the tank is in high demand, and if you don't treat your tank well and keep their gear fresh and op to date, the entire party suffers, or eventually, the tank just leaves to find a group that will treat them right," he said, opting to toss the next morsel of food to his hungry familiar. "Sure, you can say the same thing, that if you don't have damage then you're destined to fail, but everyone and their brother likes to deal the damage. DPS players are a dime a dozen."

They wandered around a bend in the road, the path hugging tightly to the edge of the tree line. It was a relatively peaceful day, which was a welcome break after sandstorms and lava lakes up on the higher floors.

"You can blame my background in statistics," he went on, letting out a half yawn between sentences. "The best way to succeed is to guarantee you're needed, and the most pivotal moments of games like this are boss raids. You don't organize raid parties off of how much damage you can do. The nucleus of every group is a tank. Without one, players die."

Edited by Shield
  • 3 weeks later...

This player was definitely wise and intelligent.  He listened as the player hit it dead on the nail that even if you were the most powerful dps ever, without a tank by your side you were vulnerable.  Weak.  Fragile.  Easily broken.  If tanks were common and dps were rare then the player most likely would have gone for the damage build.  He also mentioned that tanks needed to be up to date on gear which Domarus also agreed on.  In the sense of defense he felt that all players should be up to date.  Damage would come secondary for his men since he'd rather his men be alive by the end of all this.  Domarus nodded.

"That is the correct answer.  Most players choose dps because they want to do something entertaining, or because they fear the damage they'll need to handle as a tank.  Not only that but playing as a dps is far more rewarding.  Thus I'd say half of the total dps population are made up of selfish men and woman who don't care about others.  All they want are the drops, col and most of all, to get to the frontlines.  A player told me once that she'd been to the frontlines for a while and learned that most of the front liners are players who don't care about advancing forward.  They'll wait, sneak and cheat in order to get a boss drop.  The front lines have yet to get a player, a leader, who will change this.  Who will rally them all up under the true cause of escaping this world."  He thought about his goals.  Establishing his organization was only the first step.  Once that was set in stone and laid as the foundation, he would develop his authority and power, growing his good reputation until he gained the respect required.  Once that happened his voice would be heard and he would slowly influence members of the front lines.  Once that happened he would wait for the right moment to establish his authority, and inevitably rise as a leader.  Competition would of course rise up, but he knew what players liked and disliked.  All competition would fall and he would become supreme.  With his leadership they'd get out of this hell hole.  And then he could finish what he started in the real world.
     "That's why tanks are needed so badly.  Because everyone forgets what this world is.  A death trap.  They seek to entertain themselves or enrich themselves in this world.  So many have lost their purpose.  But I haven't."

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 80770 results: Loot: 11 + 5 = 16 - +1 Material! (3 total)

Shield nodded along in a state of partial agreement, hints of his indecision showing in the crinkle of his eyes. As he listened, he noticed a slight glimmer on his shoulder from his detection earring and glanced around for the source. Right beside his most recent step, there was what seemed to be as loose feather that did not match that from the common game birds that Shield was familiar with. He picked it up, checking for an item tag to find that it was indeed a craftable material before storing it in his inventory.

"I think there are a lot of valid points to make regarding selfishness on the front lines," Shield answered, though he did not hide the skepticism from his voice. "I would like to think that some of that stems more from a drive to have the edge in survival, but these are gamers we're talking about, and gamers love their shinies. I hope you've heard wrong about them, because that's where I'm planning on ending up before long, but I'll see with my own eyes soon enough."

He tossed another fish to Norbert absentmindedly, who snatched it midair in his beak and tossed it down his gullet with a flick of his head.

"I'm a recent recruit to the Celestial Ascendants," he said, letting his gaze shift up into the sky as he resumed his pace. "I'd like to think that their promises of familial bonds are truthful, but I know that any guild will sell itself as being more than it actually is. It's the nature of the beast. Guilds need bodies, so they'll do or say anything. I have no reason to doubt them yet, but we'll see."

@Domarus

Edited by Shield

Domarus watched as the player found another material, it being clear now that the man's earring was his searching item.  Domarus of course had his own searching equipment.  It was an ebony charm with deep purple crystals in it.  It blended with the armor so well that nobody would be able to see it.  The only problem was that he couldn't wear his shoulder and gauntlet armor pieces with this item equipped.  Without these armor pieces, the black chainmail that normally was hidden from view.  He listened to what Shield had to say about the front lines, hearing about how he hoped to end up with the front liners before long.  Domaraus grunted.
     "Just because their a bunch of scum doesn't mean I don't seek to join the front lines.  My goal is to aid the players in getting out of this game.  It is an incredible experience and not a day goes by where I don't enjoy it.  But I, as well as thousands of other players have things they need to get done.  It would be selfish to not give it my all so that I can enjoy this game more, when players who are desperate to get out are powerless to do so because they are overcome with fear."  Rhozarth watched as the player gave his familiar more food and narrowed it's eyes.  The familiar should be under Shield's command, not the other way around he thought.  It was clear to Rhozarth that Shield had no control over his familiar.  To Rhozarth this showed weakness.  He didn't have an aura of command or true strength.  Domarus noted the gaze Rhozarth gave the player but continued on.  The player mentioned how he was a recruit in the guild known as Celestial Ascendants.  Domarus' attention sharpened.  This was the same guild Aereth was a part of.  He mentioned a promise that was made to him by the guild, as well as his reasoning.  Domarus honestly could care less what the guild said, did, or even it's status.  However if he was going to take the chance to draw Shield into his own organization, he needed to set the foundations for Shield's thinking.
     "Even families argue and separate for a time.  Nobody's perfect.  Most likely they'll do something that you disagree with, and you might do something they have a problem with.  Most likely you'll argue and have bad times.  That's what it was like with my family at least.  Whether you choose to let those moments affect your relationship with the guild is up to you."  

ID#  80896  LD:  3+3=6  @Shield

Edited by Domarus
Spoiler

ID# 80897 results: Loot: 20 +5 = 25 - +1 Material! (4 total)

"Well, you're not wrong," Shield said, stashing away the bait fish that were Norbert's vanity food source. "However, keep in mind that much of the tension that exists in families arise because you don't choose your family. Still, no organization can exist without its own drama and politics. The test will be whether or not they are true to their claims."

The familiar glow on his shoulder returned. As Shield glanced around for the source of the phenomenon, he spotted a fist sized stone at the edge of the path with a familiar red staining, as of iron rust. He took a few quick steps off of his current course to retrieve the item before returning to Domarus.

"In any case, it seems as though we're headed to the same place," he went on, glancing over at the man beside him. "Perhaps we'll run into each other on the front lines someday."

@Domarus

Edited by Shield

He nodded to the player's comment.  This was true and Domarus knew that the truth was that the 'drama' was, and would always be far greater no matter where you went.  Domarus had seen with his own eyes, and heard with his own ears, the cruelty, chaos, and the truth about everything.  No matter who someone was, everyone wanted something.  Most people wanted power.  Many sought pleasure.  Some sought perfection.  Some sought companionship and a few sought a replacement for something they lost.  Domarus?  He wanted control.  He learned at a young age that those at the top gave the orders.  No matter what kind of voice you had, no matter what you said or did, the people at the top called the shots.  They were the ones who deemed your request worth caring about or not.  Most people didn't deserve to be at the top.  It was Domarus' goal to reach the top and give the orders at all cost.
     "I agree.  While no one is perfect, there are limits as to how many mistakes one can make.  And promises can be a death sentence as much as it can hope."  Rhozarth stared at the player and the familiar.  The shelled creature was lazy and spoiled, and the player had no control whatsoever.  That was it's assessment.  In the end the familiar decided it didn't like either of them.  The player may be a tank, but everything else about it was sad in Rhozarth's eyes.  Domarus knew that while Shield had made a statement that was true, he had no idea how deep it was.  He spotted a plant that seemed to be poisonous if eaten and stored it in his inventory.  It was his intention for Keres to practice alchemy so that she could make the potions Mari made.
     "Yes, I have no doubt we'll see each other on the front lines.  A tank and a DPS.  Perhaps we'll even work together eh?"

ID#  81015  LD:  15  +1 MAT

@Shield

Edited by Domarus
Spoiler

ID# 81048 results: Loot: 18 + 5 = 23 - +1 Material (5 total)

"Well, you've seen me first hand," he said with a shrug of his shoulders. "If a player needs defending, I don't mind stepping in, as long as there's no irreversible harm in it. We've lost too many players already, and that's only been a detriment to us. We need allies, not corpses."

The trees on either side of the road began to open up a little, allowing glimpses through the woods into the distance. In one such gap, he spotted what appeared to be a small patch of succulent plants. He jogged towards the edge, looking for the telltale sign of his earring's glow, which lit up like a Christmas tree as he approached. With a few flicks through his menu, he gathered what could be gathered before returning to the road.

"My HUD is telling me that it's getting to be fairly late," he said. "I should probably be getting to the teleportation plaza before long. It's a decent hike to my home once I'm on the right floor."

@Domarus

Edited by Shield

Domarus nodded accordingly to Shield's comment.  The player did honestly seek out to protect all the players he could, when he could.  However something bothered him about this.  Granted that the player did mention that he would so long as the harm wasn't irreversible, meaning that he wouldn't commit suicide to save someone, but the fact that he was passionate on saving other players could be a burden to his organization as much as it was a benefit.  What Domarus needed to ponder on and decide based on more info of this player, was whether or not this tank would be worth the risk.  Domarus didn't think he had what it took to be his general and know the secrets only his most trusted were given, but perhaps he could still become a part of his organization.  He'd need to inform Aereth that he needed more info on this player.  Background, strengths and flaws, personality.  Anything and everything.

"Yes I have.  And I trust you very much to protect the players in need.  Hopefully players will be a little bit smarter however.  I've noted a few rather low level players making attempts to join the boss events.  If they aren't more careful, some of them will most likely die."  The player mentioned to Domarus that his HUD showed that it was getting late and that he'd need to go to the teleporter in a moment.  Domarus looked at the time himself and mentally scoffed.  He called this late?  Or perhaps it was a gentle way of ending the conversation they were currently having.  Either way it seemed the player was done for the day.  Even his explanation of a hike, while interesting to hear, didn't bother Domarus.  It just meant he'd get a few more monsters and experience in before hitting the hay.  Either that or they just wandered away from him..  Domarus nodded.

"Alright then.  I guess I'll see you at the front lines.  Or if you decide to visit my shop, whichever comes first.  Farewell then Shield."  With that he waved to the player and the two separated, the tank heading for the teleporter and Domarus back to his shop.  As he did Rhozarth landed on his shoulder and growled lowly.
     "Yes Rhozarth I agree,"  Domarus said quietly to Rhozarth.
     "Most likely he isn't trustworthy enough to be a general...  But perhaps he might be able to be a follower."

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 81064 results: Loot: 6 + 5 = 11 - No materials (5 total)

Shield gave a parting wave and took his leave. The turtle on his back had grown antsy throughout the conversation, and although he had no real way of communicating with the grouchy creature, it was of little concern at the moment. He retraced his path, making note of what he had gathered while he was out.

"Well, Norbert, with the extra material that we got from catching the tail end of that combat, we have about two thirds of the materials to cover a day's worth of appraisals," he said watching the edges of the path as he walked in case more decided to manifest in front of him.

After a few minutes of slow observation, he conceded to the inevitability that the path had been farmed out for the time being and quickened his step. With the artificial sun just starting to set, he should have enough time to clear out the last remnants of his old shop to complete his transfer up to the eleventh floor.

"It's been a long journey in a very short time, little buddy, but we'll be on the front lines exploring labyrinths before you know it."

@Domarus

Edited by Shield