[PP-F4] Avalance w/ Vale

It was once again a snowy day on the fourth floor and Aereth was once again out in order to finish some long overdue quest that he should have taken ages ago in order to get some more experience. Aereth sighed. "At least today we don't have to make our way through a sh*tton of labyrinths in order to get to the floor the quest will be located." Aereth said to Fenrir, his wolf familiar, while the two of them were making their way to the location where the field boss would spawn. From the description of the quest, Aereth assumed that the boss itself would be no problem at all for him.

It was already afternoon and he wanted to be done with the quest as fast as possible. Even though it was somewhat annoying for him to go out to destroy a stupid field boss, he needed all the experience he could get for the war he would be starting in the near future. He had already received a warning and a threat, but something like this wouldn't stop him...

@Vale

Vale jumped back from the two Snow Elementals that were sitting in her path, Vale bared her fists in her basic western style boxing stance, The two elementals stood atleast a head and half taller than her. But the purple fur wearing, long purple haired, Dark skinned Martial Artist only grinned as she looked at the two of them, "Well someone had openly criticized me for being useless. Then I'll prove that I am not such you freakin' elementals. I have an Avalanche to attend." She chuckled as looked at them lumbering forward in sluggish manner.

Vale dashed forward launching up off the ground mid flight to slam one of them with her knee causing them to topple backwards. Using it's body to redirect herself toward the other one she rocketed her foot at the second elemental. Smashing her foot into the creature's face causing it to fall backwards as well. Each of them attempt to strike the girl mid air but neither even came close to her as she flew with elegant grace. Pushing off the other snow elemental she flawless landed back on her, taking up a now Muay Thai stance, "Come and get me you cowards!" She taunted.

ID: 78120 | BD: 5 + 3 = 8 (HIT) | MD: 4 - 1 = 3 (MISS)
ID: 78121 | MD: 4 - 1 = 3 (MISS)

Vale: 180/180 HP | 12/18 -6

Snow Elemental 1: 75/90 (-15) | 27 DMG
Snow Elemental 2: 75/90 (-15) | 27 DMG

Edited by Vale

While walking and being lost in thoughts, Aereth suddenly heard noises of combat in the near area. He immediately activated his searching skill and started to look what was happening around him. "I know for a fact that there aren't that much players anymore on this particular floor..." He thought as he slowly approached the spot where Vale was fighting with two Snow Elementals. He clearly noticed that the woman seemed to like the color purple, since her fur coat as well as her hair had this particular color. Aereth was quite impressed. The girl stood her ground against the two Snow Elementals. And she was using the material arts skill... Bad memories from the quest came to Aereth and he shook his head slightly. For now he leaned with his back to a tree and decided to watch how the woman would would be fairing in this fight. Fenrir, took a seat on his right side and yawned once. Aereth was impressed that the woman had the guts to fight two mobs of this strength at once, but... "If this fight continues the way it is doing right now, the purple girl will have some serious trouble as soon as her energy starts getting low..." he thought, ready to jump in and help her if need be...

@Vale

Vale saw how sluggish the elementals were trying to get up, Just as they had managed to get themselves off the ground. Vale chuckled deciding to follow up on the same action, she dashed forward inbetween the two of them. She flipped upside down and did a spinning kick knocking the two of them away form each other a considerable distance. Due to the sudden surprise and speed from the martial artist, the only attempt they could make for trying to strike her down was flail uselessly in the air. Vale managed to finsh her flip so she would slide in the snow, barely spinning to get her body to aim back towards the two Snow Elementals.

It was faint but she thought she could see a person watching her fight in the distance, but all Vale did in retort to that was shake her head, and refocus her attention on the elementals that were managing to get themselves on the ground. Vale looked up at her energy reserves and noticed how low it was. She looked at their health and gritted her teeth, "Damn... I don't think I was exactly ready to fight mobs on this floor. I can hold my own and keep out of harms way from their attacks. But this is just going to take a long time." She told herself getting back into her Muay Thai stance awating the actions of the snow elementals or anything else to occur

ID: 78120 | BD: 7 + 3 = 10 (HIT) | MD: 1 - 1 = -2 (CRITICAL MISS)
ID: 78121 | MD: 1 - 1 = -2 (CRITICAL MISS)

Vale: 180/180 HP | 7/18 -6 + 1

Snow Elemental 1: 60/90 (-15) | 27 DMG
Snow Elemental 2: 60/90 (-15) | 27 DMG

Edited by Vale

"She's really doing well, but I think we should step in don't ya think?" Aereth mumbled to Fenrir who just tilted his head slightly and stared at him. "Let's try out our new combo." Aereth said and activated his <<Disguise>> skill. His body slowly shifted into the form of a black wolf and after the transformation was complete, the black wolf nodded once to Fenrir and both of them ran off into different directions.

After @Vale landed another successful hit on the two Snow Elementals and got back into her fighting stance, the two wolves popped up from opposite directions and simultanously dug their claws and fangs in the two mobs. Shortly after, the two Snow Elementals scattered into pieces. 

Fenrir took a seat on the snow covered floor and the black wolf slowly started to walk towards Vale. While slowly approaching her, Aereth deactivated the <<Disguise>> skill again and greeted the woman. "That was quite a fight you just put up. But I'd recommend not to hunt alone in these forests since it could get pretty dangerous pretty quickly." With that he extended his hand for a proper greeting and said. "The name's Aereth, and this little friend of mine is Fenrir." he gestured to the wolf who was still sitting on the spot from before. "Nice to meet you."

Spoiler

ID# 78193 results:
Battle: 2+3+1(Disguise)=6 HIT
Damage: 12*9*1=108DMG

Snow Elemental 1: 0/90 (-108) | 27 DMG DEAD
Snow Elemental 2: 0/90 (-108) | 27 DMG DEAD

Vale was about to launch herself forward to continue her fight. She wasn't one to back down from a challenge from. But something peculiar caught her eye, she looked one way and saw a wolf dashing at one of the elementals, turning her head she saw another wolf charging at the other. Thinking she got herself in a much worse situation she changed her stance from an offensive one to a defensive one. Once she saw the wolves destroy the snow elementals in a single shot, she knew she was in a very bad situation now. That was until one of the wolves laid on the ground and the other walked up to her in a non-threatening manner. Once the wolf transformed into a human, she stepped back incredibly confused, "You can do that in this world!?" She called out in surprise.

Her arms were brought down when he spoke to her, she took note of his orange crystal which she remembered Hikoru explaining about. She flicked her crystalline amethyst eyes back at him, the natural ambient light of the sky from the morning sun through the clouded sky caused them to practically shine. The snow lightly dropped upon their shoulders as they stood there, Vale cleared her throat and accepted his hand in greetings, "It is a pleasure to meet you Aereth, and Fenrir aswell. The name is Vale." She responded in kind, she stepped out of her muay thai stance, but the standing stance she took was still a defensive one, "So the obvious question is going to come to mind. You're a PKer and you just helped me. Something doesn't add up." She made sure her eyes never lost connection to his, she wanted to know how truthful he would be and she had developed the ability to read body language through her history of martial arts.

A chuckle escaped Aereth as the purple haired woman took a step back in surprise when he deactivated his skill. "Yeah, it's an extra skill which is pretty tricky to get." He answered her in a calm voice. 

Aereth noticed that she was watching him very closely with her shining amethyst eyes. After that she told him her name and dropped the battle stance. After hearing his name Fenrir also decided to walk over to the two players to accompany them. He yawned once and took a seat to Aereth's left where he received some pets from his master. 

She then asked the question everybody seemed to ask him recently. The how and why he got that shining orange cursor of his. He sighed. He wouldn't tell a stranger the whole story why he did it and how he did it, but he owed her at least the basics of what happened when he got that cursor of his. "Well the story isn't that much different from what just happened here. Just change the two mobs I just killed with Fenrir, with two green players that attempted to harm two girls and there you go." He told her in his ever so calm voice looking straight into her shiny eyes. But after he finished to answer her question, he looked at the ground. Aereth just mentioned so casually how he had killed two players with his own hands... Did he really become so cold and void of everything? But he didn't feel anything for all the players he had killed. Who kills, or attempts to kill innocent players, should be ready to get killed himself. 

@Vale

The man explained about the disguise skill and the fact it was an earnable skill, but he didn't exactly elaborate on why it was difficult to get. It seemed to have a pretty strong catch if he was admitting it was tricky. And the tiny fragments of damage she was dealing to the elementals, he took care of in a heartbeat. So she was certain that it was going to be one of the more difficult skills to acquire. The Wolf known as Fenrir walked up when his name was mentioned, and seemed like it was very well trained for a wolf. Vale looked at Fenrir when the wolf approached, then her attention turned back to the man as he began to loosely explain.

Vale stepped back and placed her hand over her mouth, he seemed so non-chalant about killing to players in cold blood. It was somewhat disturbing to Vale to know, "I am happy to hear that you protected two innocent women. But going to the lengths of killing them, don't you honestly think that was a little much?" She asked, even though Vale knew that she was crossing a line by scolding the man about the murder of two people. She couldn't let her respect for human life just simply be ignored, "I don't mean to be rude. But don't you think you went a little overboard sir?" She asked again, trying to pull back her temper flare. She looked down at the snow and slightly swivled her foot to move some snow around that way, "Sorry... I just have a hard time hearing about the death of other players." She slowly downsized her voice to admit to the man.

It was clearly visible that the woman was shocked. He flinched slightly, when she asked the question he asked himself almost every day since then. Of course, he could have spared their lives, but what would have happened afterwards? Would they have continued to go out with the intention to harm other players? Would they have changed? Who knows, but back then Aereth choose to take their lives, and now had to live with that burden. He wanted to explain it to the woman, but he didn't even know her. He couldn't give out critical information to a stranger. But he had to say something to her. To make her at least understand a little bit... "You know... I can understand that. Nothing should be as precious as a life... The thing is, many players in here don't see it the same way." he started still looking at the ground, struggling to find the right words... "But I did what I did. And every time I see the two girls, I know that I did the right thing. Look I can't tell you everything on the how and why, because I just met you. But even though it seems heartless and cold from me to say something like that.. They deserved it." Aereth told Vale in a more confident tone, again meeting her eyes with his own. "You know... Back when this nightmare started I lost somebody really important to me, because I wasn't strong enough to protect her... that person." he said in a sad tone and almost slipped at the end. "But I swore on the name that got crossed out on the monument of life because of my own weakness, that I will never ever let somebody die again if I'm able to avoid it. That's the reason I will hunt down anyone that intends to kill weaker and innocent players in here..."

@Vale

Vale put her hands forward, her defesive stance completely erroded away as she attempted to apologize for her transgression, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't pry. If you felt like the situation required you to..." She gulped as she paused, "End the life of another... Then there must have been a good enough reason to the circumstance. I can't say I would have held back to be completely truthful myself." She explained as she brought one of her hands to the backside of her head to scratch lightly with teh sharpened claws of her kitty gauntlet. When he mentioned the name being crossed out from the monument of life, Vale bit her lip noticably. It could quickly be inferenced by the man that was standing in front of her, that he wasn't the only person who lost someone near and dear to them.

Vale nodded to the end of Aereth's statement, "I know what you mean... People praying on the weak... It's rather deplorable to say the least." She would concur with the man, but the fact that he had an orange cursor over his head no matter how just the action was. But if she were going to get a more detailed story, she would need to prove to the man she was in the same vicinity in, that she was someone who could be trusted. And since he was in the area, she could easily be slain by the man thus it was in Vale's best interest to stay on good terms with him, "Well currently I am hunting down a Field Boss. I hope you don't see it as rude of me to ask if you would like to accompany. I can tell you have a good heart deep down in, makes me want to keep you around and just talk." Vale would say trying to enact upon trying to put the two of them on good terms. And to try and get him to open up, Vale knew what information she should share to help bridge that gap.

"Hey, hey. No need to apologize. Like I said, I can understand you. Meeting a stranger with an orange cursor I also would ask why he would have saved me. I just hope you aren't afraid of me anymore." Aereth said with a small smile on his face.

When Vale bit her lip and nodded at Aereth's statement he noticed the very same look in the eyes of the purple haired woman that he saw everyday when he looked in a mirror. But he wouldn't ask her anything that she wouldn't want to tell him. However when she asked him to accompany and help her with a Field Boss, he nodded and his brown eyes met hers once more. "Sure, that's no problem at all. I can't let you stay out here alone after all." Aereth told her and opened his menu to send Vale a party invite. It was clear to him that Vale still did not fully trust him either, but that was more than understandable, looking at the fact that he just randomly appeared and had an orange cursor floating over his head. He somehow also found him at a loss of words. Aereth had encountered multiple people in the past that needed some help and he never had any problems with talking to them, but ever since he got the orange cursor, he seemed to struggle while interacting with new people. The looks they gave him, saying that it would be better if he left...

@Vale

Vale without question pressed accept to the party invite, another calculated risk she had to perform. The man would be able to see all the details of her health and energy totals. It would be invaluable knowledge when trying to assassinate someone, but Vale did her best to push the thoughts and images of this man being a truly evil person out of her mind. She looked back up at him from the party invite message and smiled back, "You're not an intimidating man... Not like some I have heard whispers of." She admitted. Looking back into the eyes of the man she had just met. She could confirm the thoughts that they both share a troubled recent past, that directly related to this game itself. Vale turned to start walking in the direction of the Field Boss.

She didn't want the man to feel uncomfortable, she got the feeling that he might have the problem since he walked with a terrible story resting above his head to everyone to know about. It was one of the more beneficial and one of the most terrible things of this world, one would have to carry their weight for everyone to see. Vale took a deep breath and exhaled, "Well you shared a lot with me... I think it is only fair I share some history with you. And based on a little bit more than you meant to give me earlier, I'll share something a little more personal with you." She mentioned, before he could interrupt her she followed up, "I don't want you to feel like you are to be feared either." She smiled at him, her pearly whites shined in the bright light of the sky.

She looked forward again and started to explain, "Well... I don't know if you could tell. But I lost someone very near and dear to me as well. though probably from differing circumstances." She looked up to the sky, "And I miss her everyday."

When Vale pressed the accept button, her energy and health bar popped up directly under his own. "Well I try my best not to look intimidating. But now you've got my full attention. What whispers?" he asked curiously as they started to walk. He was interested if those whispers were about him or if another shady player was walking on the floor he called his home...

Aereth remained quiet while Vale told him about how she also lost somebody very important to her. To say there was a depressing mood around the two players was an understatement. Both of them lost something in the game, they would never ever get back again. He walked in front of her and looked her into her purple eyes once more. "I'm really really sorry to hear that. And I know how hard it must have been to get over it and to move on." he told her in a calm voice. He could tell that she must have really loved the girl from the way she talked about the loss and from the look in her eyes. He knew that look very well. "But if I may ask you a question... How did you manage to go on? How did you find the strength to go out again?" The time between that fatal day and the day Itzal picked him up from the streets was the darkest time in Aereth's whole life. He wanted to know how @Vale managed to get out again after the loss...

Aereth seemed invested into what rumors have been floating about, "Aren't you just as much the inquisitive one as myself. Well you don't have an imposing stature either... So it would be pretty hard for you to come off intimidating." She admitted to him, "And I've heard rumors of Mari, known as the Pink Death... And they say one of the most fearsome men in the world was slain, I think his name was Ssendom." She had her finger on her chin trying to recall the names she had heard, "But to my knowledge noone ever spoke of an Aereth... So I am certain that you're in the clear." She stared at the sky as she pondered over the names, though she was certain his never did come up.

Aereth began to apologize for the her loss, "It really is okay. And you're right it was very hard to get over." Before she could continue replying he asked a very personal question, one that really made her think about it, "How did I manage to go on? Boy, that really isn't an easy one to answer. I may look like I am moving on, but mentally I am still torn with the sight I saw. Watching your finacee toss herself over the edge of Aincrad and watching the name in the friends list disappear as a result... It's metally.... Tasking to say the least." She paused as she exhaled recalling the memories, "But ultimately I didn't have it in me to do that. And I know she wouldn't want me to stay said and moping. She knows I am a go getter. That I pursue what I want to the nth degree. I am moving on, because I know that's what Yukino would have wanted me to do." She admitted deep down, she had personally shared more than Aereth was probably anticipating.

Aereth chuckled at the remark of him being just as inquisitive as she was. And he didn't quite know if he should take the comment about his stature as a compliment or an insult. But he continued to chuckle and answered. "Well, in my business information wins you half of the battle..." Aereth heard the rumors about Mari. Mostly from his friend Domarus who seemed to know the pink haired woman because she helped him getting back Esther... But unfortunately he had never heard of a player named Ssendom... It seems like he had to search for some information about that guy... When she mentioned that she never heard about Aereth ever before he cracked a smile. "Well it seems like I'm doing my job right, if you haven't heard about me until now."

He knew that it must hurt Vale thinking back at that day and telling Aereth how she moved on from there, but he needed to know and so he listened to the purple haired woman once again in silence. And she told him everything. How she felt and what got her up again. It really seemed that @Vale started to trust him more... After she finished, Aereth was disappointed. Disappointed at himself for being the weak coward that he was... "It seems like you are much much stronger than I am..." he answered, looking at the ground. "You see... After Alice got taken away from me, slayed in front of my eyes, with me unable to help her, I fell in a deep black hole. I started to drink and slept on the streets for over a year... But one day somebody picked me up again and helped getting back on my feet again. But even after that I lied to everybody. I didn't even tell the friend that picked me up the truth until some days ago... I just wasn't able to even speak about it..." Aereth would tell the woman in a depressed voice.

Vale walked up to Aereth and put her kitty paw gauntlet upon his shoulder, her words seemed to stir the boy deeply when she spoke about her past with her lover. She hadn't explained to the man the deep ties she had with her Fiancee, and just how painful a memory it was for her to handle. But he was right in one regard, she was emotionally stronger than most her age. And with the long winded spiel he was giving to her, it seemed like her opening up to Aereth was really working when trying to get him to trust her as well. He started bringing up memories that hurt him emotionally too about a woman named Alice, "I am sorry to hear. I know how painful it can be. It took me a very long time to cope with it, I won't lie I was sidelined for quite some time. But, unfortunately for me... Noone came to help, so I had to push myself forward on my own." She followed up saying.

She looked forward to the snow that was being picked up off the ground as though a snow storm were beginning, the sound of the wind began to rise as well, "I think sentimental time is over Aereth. I think we're nearing the boss." She shouted due to the sheer sound of the wind. She looked over at him as her hair and fur were being blown around, and gave the man a nod, "We'll talk more after we take care of this thing where ever it is!" She shouted once again trying to make sure he could actually hear her words. She turned her head away to try and scan the area to see where Avalanche might be.

After his short story he felt a hand on his shoulder, and Vale told him about how she didn't have anybody that helped her... He was really lucky that Itzal had found and picked him up from the streets a couple of months ago. "It really seems that our losses tie us together somehow. And I'm also really sorry that you had nobody. But I really respect you for your inner strength. And I would be honored to call you a friend after today." he answered putting his own hand on the other shoulder of @Vale.

When the snow storm started to get stronger, signalizing that the field boss was very close to them Vale told him how the sentimental time was now over. "It really seems that way." he shouted back before he activated his searching skill in order to find the boss. After a couple of moments he spotted the field boss <<Avalance>> and started to draw his obsidian colored blade out of its sheath. Simultaneously his Flame Aura enhancement flickered to life and engulfed his armor in white flames. "I'll try something new this time..." he thought and activated his Material Arts skill on his off hand. After that he closed his eyes and rested the sword on his shoulder, which started to glow in a dark blue color. A moment later, he was gone.

He ran towards the boss and closed the distance within the blink of an eye. As soon as he got into attack range he started to attack the field boss with a diagonal swipe. But Aereth didn't stop there. Before the boss could counter the hit, Aereth rammed  it with his shoulder. After that came another swipe then another tackle. Aereth chained ten hits together and after the tenth, kicked the boss into its face, making it fall over for his last hit. He buried his sword directly between the eyes of the snow monster, effectively killing it. It scattered into thousand polygons and the snow storm was starting to calm down again...

He then looked around a couple of moments in order to find his party member. And as soon as he found her, walked back over to her saying. "Seems like we're done here. Want me to accompany you with the walk back to town? Or you having some more time to spare?" in his usual calm tone.

ID# 78359 results:
Battle: 8+3 HIT
Damage: 12*11*1= 132 DMG
MOB: 9 MISS, because dead

Aereth: 640/640 HP <<>> 54/64 EN | -11+1
Avalance: 0/100 HP | -132 HP <<>> DEAD

Vale watched the man take action immediately, he brought out his blade and activated a sword art on his off-hand. Something Vale was very used to by this point. The man's standing battle stance definitely did not define someone who had an in-depth knowledge about posture and positioning. Although the stance seemed one the man was completely comfortable with. When his blade drew in energy, Aereth rocketed forward as fast as he could. Vale had grown accustomed to the speed of the game was watched every motion the Aereth made. It looked as though he was not going to prioritize his sword for his multi-strike attack.

Throwing his body into a golem of that size was admirable, what was more impressive is he had the physical upper-body strength to actually knock the giant toward the ground. Plunging down he thrust his sword in the face and with that the Golem exploded. The winds died down finally leaving Vale's hair a scattered mess, which she immediately tended to it with her claws, "I have some time. Not too much though as I have to meet with someone in Urbus not too long from now. Been trying to collect enough materials and col to purchase a specific item. But not too many people have been actively working in their shops. So it's been a little difficult." She explained, leaving the topic of earlier behind for the time being and letting the ambient mood grow positively between the two of them.

"Well, then let us start heading back to town. And on the way we can start looking for some materials if you want." Aereth told @Vale and they started to head back to the main settlement. Aereth sighed at the comment about the inactivity of many shop owners. "I know what you mean. I don't know why, but it seems like all things are currently slowing down a little bit. Like you said, shop owners don't work that actively anymore, the frontliners can't find the boss room of the 20th floor and motivation over all is on a low..." Aereth couldn't quite imagine why the situation in Aincrad was the way it was at the moment. But then he smiled faintly at Vale, sending her a friend request. "If you ever need something tailor related, don't be shy to call or visit me. My shop is here on the fourth floor, and I think it's safe to say that currently I'm the best active tailor here." He told her, knowing that there was one tailor that was outclassing him in every way, but fortunately for his business, The Lions Den from Ariel hadn't been open that often in the last couple of weeks.

He then opened up his inventory and changed his Dexterous Intent ring with his Discovery Ring, in order to look for some materials. Aereth then activated his searching skill, and in combination with the boost of the item, he spotted four icy crystals inside of a dead tree.

ID# 78522 results:
Loot: 15+5

Materials: +4

ID: 78568 | LD: 15 (Herb Found)

Vale nodded in agreement when the man suggested that they head towards town, she thought it was peculiar that he would escort the girl in the frigid cold to a place he was no longer allowed to traverse in. Ultimately though, Vale wouldn't mind the company, and he had managed to quell her doubts over the crystal that resided above his head, "He must be suffering over the act enough as it is." She thought to herself while smiling at him. He went on to explain the overall morale of the entire populace of Aincrad, but that really meant little to her as she needed to uplift herself to the highest of echelons to assist in breaking through this game. Vale knew she had to do everything she can to assist in the matter since she was a natural fighter at heart.

Vale saw a snow lily resting neatly beside a snow covered tree, moving rather swiftly through the snow Vale approached the herb. Squatting down in such a way that did not put her rump in the snow but unfortunately she had to stand in a way that felt as though it looked awkward since Aereth was behind her somewhat. Once she collected the lily she turned around to look at him as she continued to listen, seeing a friend request appear infront of her. She quickly and without any descernable doubt, she pressed the accept button, "Like wise. I am still trying to find a particular item to help me search for items. And I really want a kitty bell for my outfit." She purred happily, smiling ear to ear at the man her pearly whites shining in the light.

Edited by Vale