[F3-PP] War ... war never changes ... <Treant Rivalries> (Vale, Zandra)

Standing on the third floor in Delilah village. Standing between all the old buildings covered in moss, Macradon would venture out into the fields. A quest he hasn't cleared yet was still available to him, so he would take it before he would get too caught up with everything else going on around him. Making sure he had everything with him he would get going out into the fields. Taking a footstep onto the nice and delightful prairie, he would take in a deep breath of “fresh” virtual air. It sure wasn’t air he was breathing it, but it felt like it was. This world was immersive in many aspects, which was why Macradon purchased the game after all, it felt real, but now it was his reality now. He would let out a small sigh as he walked off. Wearing his normal white and red armor with his green and black robes on top, he would take his right hand and run it through his alabaster hair as it blew in the wind.

Stats:

Spoiler

Macradon
1395 HP
138 Energy
3 Accuracy
0 Evasion
13 Base Damage (18 w/ Charge) (14 w/ Ferocity) (19 w/ Ferocity+Charge)
66 Mitigation

Items
Sword of the Ancients ........ // +4 Damage, +1 Paralyzis, +1 Phase
Blood Crusader's Halfplate ... // +54 Mitigation
Blood Oath Necklace .......... // +2 Recovery, +1 Accuracy
Balthazar - Familiar ......... // +1 Accuracy

Battle Ready Inventory
Teleportation Crystal ........ // Teleport somewhere you want with an action
Banner of Command ............ // Give up to 4 people +1 Damage | 2 Charges left
Scarecrow's Sickle ........... // +6 Damage, +1 Bleed

Buffs

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +5 DMG
Heavy Armor                | Rank 3: +12 MIT
Search and Detect          | Rank 4: +4 LD
Charge                     | Rank 5: +5 DMG on first hit
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD/MD
Survival                   | Heal 6 HP when out of battle each post
Battle Healing             | Heal 30 HP each post    

Skill Mods
Finesse                    | Rank 1
Precision                  | +1 ACC
Reveal                     | Not Active

Tracking                   | Enables the user to track down a monster or a player if the user knows the monster's or player's name
Athletics                  | +1 DMG, +15 Health
Ferocity                   | Rank 5: +1 DMG when using 5th rank Sword Arts

Edited by Macradon
Added Quest name + updated stats

Vale stretched under the tree she had been napping under. Her dark purple panther fur on her upper body and kitty forearms that lead to razor sharp claws meshed with her Darker skin tone and dark purple hair and amethyst eyes. The Panther girl yawned during her stretch, opening her eyes she noticed a man in full body armor with a dark cloak over the top, the man seemed like he was far too well geared to be in the prarie, let alone a floor this low level. Intrigued the Martial Artist decided to rush up and meet this new found man, "Meeerowwww. Someone is well geared I see." She poked at the man allowing her Vixen-esque voice to come out. She was feeling in a particularly playful mood now that she had her restful nap.

The Panther girl had a bigger reason to be at this floor, but she had a peculiar feeling that the reasoning she was spending her time in the prarie was going to flow with the reason that this well geared man would be here too. His alabaster hair color was something that brought more interest to the girl, it was unique to see such luxurious hair on someone who was an avid gamer. Though that was merely an assumption she had grown to believe since her now deceased fiancee did not take care of their hair for their gaming habits.

So, it was really time to start getting all those unfinished quests done. I scrolled thru the almost endless list of quest. I kind of cursed myself that I have been so lazy and just joined the events, otherwise I have just slacked off. But now I have decided, time to get going. I closed my eyes and pointed randomly on one of the quests. When I opened my eyes, there was a low-level quest. All the way down on third floor. ‘’This will be a piece of cake.’’ I told myself as I red thru it.

I exited the warp gate in my black heavy armour with its oversized shoulderguards. With my twohanded axe in same theme I started to walk towards the spot where the quest-coordinates was. Thou I haven’t come far when I spotted someone familiar, and someone not familiar. The whitehaired young man that I valued as one of my closest friends. He was standing and talk with a rather hot woman in my own age with long purple hair. I got curios. Not to long ago he had got a pair of rings that only works with someone you are merried to. And now he was standing with hot chick. I decided to get to know what was going on and walked up to the pair. ‘’Hey there Mac. Didn’t knew you have started dating.’’ I said. Was gonna see on his reaction if my statement was true or false.

Started by the feline intervention, Macradon would look over as he got the feeling of a Deja Vu, but no, it wasn’t Rin. It was someone else. “This cat thing is spreading like wildfire” he said, so many people had begun to make the feline act, quite a lot actually. “Well hi there … ?” he replied to the girl, someone he didn’t really know. It wasn’t unusual for him not knowing people, he was spending way too much time on the frontlines instead of socializing around the lower floors like he used to do. It was quite the long time ago he went “full rampage” with the socialization, but now, he was just focused on getting the game cleared, getting the floors decked out so they could all flee back to the “real” world.

A familiar voice would come from not too far away. Leaning his head at the direction, Macradon would look at a person he had gotten quite close to, one of his best friends in the game, Zandra. Macradon didn’t really have that many friends like he wanted, but that wasn’t a problem at all. Who needs friends when you could have cool solitude, right? … right …? “Heh, I ain’t” he said with a giggle, answering Zandra’s question "Though I probably should after that Boss Drop ..." he muttered for himself for a second, thinking about the rings he got from the last event boss battle. “This is just a person I just met” he said, casually lifting his hand and using his thumb to point at the person. “I don’t even know your name” he said, looking at the woman he just met. “I’m Macradon, most call me Mac, if you haven’t already called that yet” he said with a smile as he would turn the thumb back at himself. His gauntlet clad hand clanging as the steel plates would clash.

Vales attention was quickly grabbed by another player, this girl was decked out in very detail oriented armor. The Darkness of her equipment and the massive two-handed greataxe that resided on the womans back. The girl immediately began speaking to the Alabaster haired man as though the two of them were very well acquainted, the Martial Artist flicked her eyes to that same man who confirmed the notion that they were well acquainted. The woman asked if this white heavy armor-clad man was dating a girl, and Vale just chuckled, "I don't think so either. Men aren't my interest." Vale purred in the direction of the new girl.

Vale looked down at the paper that resided in the hand of the Dark Armored girl, squinting her eyes to read the details upside down the Neko girl was able to descern the quest that was flowing in the wind. Vale looked up more at the girl, "Well looks like I am not the only here trying to do that Quest huh?" Vale exclaimed as she turned her head to look back at the knight beside her, "I have a feeling that you might also be here to help the Treants of the forest on yander." Vale assumed as she pointed behind herself with her thumb much like how he was doing, She winked at the two of them, turned around, and started strutting in the direction that she needed for the quest. Something spoke in her gut that made her believe the two of them would ultimately end up following her to the same location whether they went there together or not.

• 3 weeks later...

‘’Yeah, you probably should. To let two such good items just laying in the dust seems to be a waste.’’ I said and winked at him. Then I turned to the unknown female. I looked at her a second time from top to bottom and up. ‘’So, does that mean your into females or only interested in yourself?’’ I asked her but didn’t got an answer to followed up with. ‘’And you can call me Zandra by the way.’’ Thou she seemed to ignore my comment as well as Macradons. ‘’Huh?’’ I said to myself as she just turned around and walked away when she guessed we was here to do the treant quest. After she had walked a few steps I turned to Macradon. ‘’Ehm Mac, I think its best we follow this girl. I have a feeling she will get into trouble. And it wouldn’t be good to ruin a good day like this with a player death right?’’ I asked and then looked back at the female when listening to Macradons answer. I nodded. ‘’Okay.’’ Then my steps started carrying me in the same direction the mysterious girl went.

"You could say that" Macradon would reply to the feline. He wasn’t too sure what was fully going on, but something was about to go down at least. Listening to the words of Zandra, Macradon would nod “Just like back with Hirru” he said, hinting back at the time they did the Hoya quest with his Guildmate, The Jade Hunter. It would be advised to stay in groups, sticking together was an ideal way of getting through things. This girl didn’t seem like she was well equipped, maybe just barely enough to actually be ready for this, Zandra and Macradon, Top 5 players in the game, maybe not that much, but pretty much around those numbers. These two partners in crime would be aiding in this conquest of killing … elves? It wasn’t the first time he had gone on an elf hunt, so this would be easy. “Would you lead the way ma’am?” he asked.

Vale’s Cat ears twitched every so often while the two of them talked to each other in the background. She heard the distinctive voice of the other woman in this small group of three give her name in this world. She also had a very peculiar answer which caused the Panther woman to turn her head slightly to look at Zandra with one of her visibly catlike amethyst eyes, “Is that a question of someone who is interested in learning? Or is there a deeper meaning behind the question?” She asked as the Neko girl bit down on her lip, easily visible to the both of them before turning her head back forward.

She could easily tell the two of them were talking about the potential in her lack of strength, with only the back of her head visible to their peering eyes. The two of them were unable to see the irritation that appeared as a flicker in her eyes as her determination to prove them wrong came up. The Alabastar haired man asked if Vale would be willing to lead the way, Vale chuckled for a slight second, “Alright. If I am leading then let’s waste no time.” She exclaimed in a proud tone of voice. She lunged forward into an all fours run and began taking off at incredible speeds, utilizing her charge skill to increase her tempo even faster. A speed that would be hard to replicate in heavy armor, “By the way, the name is Vale!” She shouted out as she rushed forward at full speed.

@Zandra

Edited by Vale
  • 5 months later...

Following the woman leading the way for the two, Macradon would hesitantly follow hoping Zandra would go as well. It had been some time since last, but the two had been on this quest a few times now, mostly because they wanted to help players go through the quest safely. “Well hello, Vale. I’m Macradon, but most call me Mac, not to be confused with Mack” he said with a light chordle escaping his mouth. This joke had gone on for too long, and no one really got it unless they actually knew Mack. Well, he had already said it, so he couldn’t take it back. In a sudden motion, the woman would begin to increase the pace they had gone in, and Macradon, even though clad in full plate, would follow suit. Looking over his shoulder it didn’t seem like Zandra was going to follow into this quest, but if that was her intentions not to, Macradon would not force her “Cya later, then” he said waving a quick goodbye to his friend before disappearing with this cat woman thing. “This shouldn’t be too difficult, so we can probably rush through the quest in no time” he said, preparing his sword for combat, if they were to get into one.

Vale ran gracefully using all four of her appendages to flow her movement. Dashing through the air the wind brushed across her face. It was well worth her time spent training to show her new found teammate what she was capable of. As she approached the tree's she looked back at Macradon, astonished slightly by the fact the fully clad warrior was matching her in pace. The man was incredibly talented. This just caused the Cat like woman to wonder more about what this man was capable of. There was something about his Greatsword that gave off an almost mystic appeal. Closing her eyes for a brief second to refocus her mind where it needed to be directed. She wanted to ask the man some questions, but she also wanted to see if he would drive the conversation between them since they were closing in on the Elven Encampment.

Edited by Vale

From what he remembered from the bulletin board of quests and the info broker, they were supposed to take out 7 Elven soldiers at a time before they were capable of going to the Elven king. He would think of the best strategy for them to steamroll it as fast as possible, with any advantage they could so they could stomp these elves as hard as possible. If his calculations of average health of the monsters was at a level comparable to the floor they were on, Macradon would open up his HUD and quickly write in a name into a space in his skill.

Spoiler

59c28d7947acc_trackelvensoldiersmol.png.2441a3cac03f8e667a24a438dbcab543.png

With this done, Macradon would be able to pin point any opening in their behaviour and go for the first initial strike that would take them out before they were even capable of thinking of what hit them. He didn’t have much to say as the two were getting close to the encampment where the elves were supposed to be at. With this set, Macradon would keep his <Search and Detect> up so he would be able to find the best angled strike would be from.

Vale kept her positioning near the person clad in full white armor, this man seemed to have all the markings of a seasoned veteran. He was efficient with his skill inputs, sure of where he would set every step along his way. There was just a manly sense about the guy, one that was definitely peaking the interest of Vale with her curiosity that lie under the helmet, "So you often take girls questing in order to hit on them, don'tcha." She winked and laughed, playing it off as an obvious joke. Albeit she had her eyes on Macradon, which she had slowed down in order to match the man pace for pace since it seemed like he was focused on the skill he activated earlier. She heard about Macradon in the Information Brokers book, and knew this guy had a few many things he would be able to demonstrate to her with simply his actions. But she also had her eyes peeled to the environment, around her to be ready to engage the second she saw an elf shows their face.

Edited by Vale

Watching every single step he made, Macradon would look at the tracks in the ground that would lead to the most efficient place to strike, they weren’t far from the place. Listening to the cheeky question Macradon would snicker lightly and reply “Not really, I don’t usually go on quests with anybody as I usually take care of it quickly myself. I’m not on the hunt for any woman at the moment.”. With that quick chat over, Macradon would begin to run to the left of the path they were taking, that seemed to be an ideal flanking point for his initial attack. As they got close to the camp, Macradon would be able to see through the camp’s tents and walls and spot the groups of soldiers patrolling the area. “I’ll try to take a good handful out in a sweep, try to make picks amongst their ranks and I’ll clean up afterwards” he said and began his vanguard.

As he circled around the walled defense barriers and tents, Macradon would rush into one of the openings of the small encampment. He would rush towards a small group of 3 soldiers standing in front of what seems to be some kind of higher ranked soldier, probably the commander of the encampment. Quickly deactivating his Search and Detect and simultanuously drawing his sword over his left shoulder, Macradon used his <Charge> skill and quickly closed the gap between him and the elves. As he was on his way to the elves, he spun once clockwise, grabbing as much momentum he possibly could. After the spin and Charge concluded, the pommel of his sword would smash the closest soldier to him in the back of the head. A smash so hard an audible and quite visible ripple in the space fabric woudl suge through the soldiers and their commander. The hit so strong that they were not only blown away from Macradon, but they also quickly dispersed into crystalline polygons and disappeared without much of a trace. 

Three remaining soldiers in the camp would stand in shock at what had just happened. An unkown knight barging into their camp, taking out over half of the present soldiers in a single attack. Without much more thought, the scared soldiers would go for an attack that would probably also become their last. 3 violent, but also savage swings would be sent at Macradon simultanuously. With a quick sweep from a low stance, Macradon knocked away all of their swords without even trying. A short gap of time would be present before the soldiers woudl be able to recover and attack again, in the meant time, Vale would be able to make a pick or two and Macradon would make a last attack that would finish this small arae.

ID: 88573
BD: 10+3=10(13), +2 Crit! Phase Activated! Paralyze Activated!
CD: 12, Recovery Proc!
Sword art used: Tempest - 2x4x20-(30/2)=145 AOE DMG to Soldiers || 2x4x20-(55/2)=137 AOE DMG to Commander

ID: 88574
MD: 2, Miss.

- Health List -
[3]<Macradon>      1395/1395 HP || 111 MIT || 13 DMG || 125/138 NRG (-19 NRG, +6 NRG)
[0]<Vale>           ???/???  HP ||  ?? MIT || ?? DMG || ???/??? NRG

<Elvish Soldier>    -80/65   HP ||  30 MIT || 15 DMG                (-145 HP) <Paralyzed>
<Elvish Soldier>    -80/65   HP ||  30 MIT || 15 DMG                (-145 HP) <Paralyzed>

<Elvish Soldier>     65/65   HP ||  30 MIT || 15 DMG
<Evlish Commander> -137/100  HP ||  55 MIT || 20 DMG                (-137 HP) <Paralyzed>

Edited by Macradon

Vale flew through the air with her own charge skill, shortly after Macradon had placed himself in the middle annihilating a group of enemies is a single fell swoop. The Knight had access to incredibly power aoe attacks, something that Vale could not perform with her Martial Arts skill, one of the few limitations she knew it had. Vale didn't stress about it much though, depicting the power behind the man, she only needed to take out one or two. Not because the man needed help, but so she could claim credit for the quest, it was obvious that she was practically carried by someone who was vastly more stronger than herself. Yet she did not let this weigh down on her mind, she required the experience she got from the quest and a chance to meet someone who could become a very valuable ally long down her road to saving this world from the terrors of Sword Art Online.

She charged the full extent of the All Might sword art energy into her right claw, while still flowing through the air. With the soldiers distracted, there was absolutely no chance the soldier that stood closest to Macradon had a chance to notice her. Slamming her fist with the full extent of her current power, the soldier showed his face caving in while inside his helm before exploding into data particles, "A strategist and a strong man, you're going to be someone fun to talk to." She mentioned as she swivled her direction of sight so that she would only slide a few inches behind Macradon is a beast like fighting stance.

ID: 88577
BD: 4+3=7 HIT
Sword art used: All Might - 15x13-(30)=165 DMG to a Soldier

- Health List -
[3]<Macradon>      1395/1395 HP || 111 MIT || 13 DMG || 125/138 NRG (-19 NRG, +6 NRG)
[1]<Vale>           660/660  HP ||  0 MIT || 8(13) DMG || 49/66 NRG

<Elvish Soldier>    -80/65   HP ||  30 MIT || 15 DMG                (-145 HP) <Paralyzed>
<Elvish Soldier>    -80/65   HP ||  30 MIT || 15 DMG                (-145 HP) <Paralyzed>

<Elvish Soldier>     65/65   HP ||  30 MIT || 15 DMG                (-165 HP)
<Elvish Soldier>     65/65   HP ||  30 MIT || 15 DMG
<Elvish Soldier>     65/65   HP ||  30 MIT || 15 DMG
<Evlish Commander> -137/100  HP ||  55 MIT || 20 DMG                (-137 HP) <Paralyzed>

Edited 3 hours ago by Macradon

Edited by Vale

"Whatever floats your goat" Macradon replied, sending out a light chordle. Macradon would proceed to attack the soldiers, now that Vale had done her job making a pick to take out one of the soldiers. “Hm … what should I use” he thought quickly, trying to be as efficient with his energy as possible. Thinking about what they had left, Macradon would discard the thought and go for a full frontal assault. Lowering his sword into a neben guard with the sword behind him, he would proceed to make a forward lunge as his sword would be engulfed in bright orange light that would cover his entire blade as he would execute a sword art <Calamity Disaster>. With his orange blade he would execute 6 feral swipes through the remaining soldiers. Ripping through the fabric of their existence, each blow would heavily scar the soldiers' virtual bodies, chunking them up in large chunks of torse and limbs as his Phase would activate on his attacks. With the last two soldiers out of the picture, Macradon would activate his Search and Detect again to scout through the tents to see if their king was hiding here or something like that. 

ID: 88587
BD: 10+3=10(13), +2 Crit! Phase Activated! Paralyze Activated!
CD: 8, Recovery Proc!
Sword art used: Calamity Disaster - 6x2x16-(30/2)=177 AOE DMG

- Health List -
[3]<Macradon>      1395/1395 HP || 111 MIT ||  13   DMG || 108/138 NRG (-24 NRG, +7 NRG)
[1]<Vale>           660/660  HP ||   0 MIT || 8(13) DMG ||  49/66 NRG

<Elvish Soldier>     65/65   HP ||  30 MIT || 15 DMG                (-165 HP)
<Elvish Soldier>   -112/65   HP ||  30 MIT || 15 DMG                (-177 HP) <Paralyzed>
<Elvish Soldier>   -112/65   HP ||  30 MIT || 15 DMG                (-177 HP) <Paralyzed>
<Evlish Commander> -137/100  HP ||  55 MIT || 20 DMG                (-137 HP) <Paralyzed>

Edited by Macradon

Vale activated her search and detect, to try and isolate exactly which tent the King had. That was until her feline ear twitched as a small sound was caused in a tent just behind the both of them. Activating her charge she surged the power and speed into her fibers of her right arm and two legs. Flipping her hips she rampaged at the side of the tent, Slamming her first forward into it hitting the Evlish King in his jaw with concussing power. The King didn't have the chance to respond as the force of the strike caused the man to lose all of his balance, thusly causing his air to fling out of his hand and in the direction of him. Skidding across the ground until the King slammed into a tree, the sword bouncing and landing in his lap, "Target Acquired." She said with a calmness as she reassumed her boxers stance.

ID: 88587
BD: 6 +3
MD:  2-3
Sword art used: All Might - 15x13-(75)=125 DMG

- Health List -
[3]<Macradon>      1395/1395 HP || 111 MIT ||  13   DMG || 108/138 NRG (-24 NRG, +7 NRG)
[1]<Vale>           660/660  HP ||   0 MIT || 8(13) DMG ||  33/66 NRG

<Evlish King> 25/150  HP ||  75 MIT || 25 DMG                  (-125 HP)

Edited by Vale

Within a single motion, Macradon took out the Banner of Command from his inventory and planted it onto the ground within the camp as he send a <Charge> towards the elven king. Having his sword over his right shoulder, the charge would make him speed towards the incapacitated king, but Macradon would show no mercy. The scarlet eyes that were slightly visible through his visor shined with power, the power of encased hatred towards the elven kin. As he got close, Macradon jumped up into the air and with a vertical strike, Macradon would cleave the king in half, and if it wasn’t because most terrain in the game was indestructible, the tree would’ve probably also been cleaved in twain. Looking down at the last few crystals that lingered after the death of the king, Macradon would exhale deeply and doff his helmet, placing it underneath the left armpit as he used the right arm to sheathe his sword onto the harness on his back again. “Well that was swift” he said to Vale, looking over at her after the initial attack that blew the king into a vulnerable situation.

ID: 88590
BD: 7+3=10, Hit!
CD: 2, No Proc.
Sword art used: Galaxy Destroyer - 13x1x19-75=172 DMG

- Health List -
[2]<Macradon>      1395/1395 HP || 111 MIT ||  13   DMG || 108/138 NRG (-24 NRG, +7 NRG)
[1]<Vale>           660/660  HP ||   0 MIT || 8(13) DMG ||  33/66 NRG

<Evlish King>      -147/150  HP ||  75 MIT || 25 DMG                   (-172 HP)

Edited by Macradon

Vale stretched her arms and placed them behind her head, "Well, we ironically make a pretty decent team. Who would have thought a Knight and a Cat working in such synchronized harmony?" She chuckled at the thought of the sentence, it amused her. Looking around the defeated encampment, she withdrew her menu using her right hand. Sifting through the quest tab, she looked over the details of the quest they were doing, "Looks like this quest is already complete. That didn't take any time at all. I appreciate the company Sir Macradon." She followed up saying with a bit a pride, "How long have you been fighting on the front lines?" She asked. Taking a gander at the fact he was completely clad head to toe, and it seemed like he was at his most comfortable in the environment they were surrounded by since he took his helmet completely off.

Edited by Vale

He would giggle lightly, it was true that it was indeed a quite odd pair, but Macradon had become used to fighting with those kind of lone wolf esque players, and their fighting style was pretty much alike each other. Macradon did what he did best, kill a lot of foes in swift and efficient movements, as well as grabbing as much attention as he could to make his teammates safe from any heavy single target attacks. It all worked out pretty well, and if they just did what they did best, no one would get entangled in each other’s attacks. “Well, I have done some scouting with a few lone players as well, so I’m quite used to this kind of combat where I have to be more difficult not catching someone I don’t want to catch in my attacks” he said with a slight smile. He would exhale lightly adding a chordle to it “Well you’re very welcome” he replied. Listening to the question, Macradon would ponder “Quite a while I’d say …” he replied and would continue “... probably since the 13th floor … so not that long to be honest, it just feels like multiple years” he said with a smile on his face.

Vale nodded when he spoke, she was listening to him. There was a number of questions that came to mind immediately after what floor he had been apart of, "Who all have you seen come and go on the front lines. Anyone worth mentioning?" Vale asked. Due to previous quests and events, there were a few names she wanted information on. And although she wanted information about Macradon as well, he might anything on those of history's past. Unwritten things about certain people. The curiosity in her was just too much to quell at this point, "I definitely want to hear more about you as well too though! You've been apart of the Front Lines for a while then, so you're someone who interests me a lot." She followed up saying within seconds after asking about the others of the front lines. These thoughts had been plaguing her mind for awhile regardless.

Edited by Vale