[F9-PP] <<Bandit Camp>> Hunting the hunters.

@Atzo

"How many times have I attempted this quest now," Hydra mumbled as he entered the vicinity of floor nine, a depressed look on his face. Glancing around it appeared his companion for this quest had not yet arrived, "Hmm I am sure Atzo will be here soon." Slowly the brunette made his way towards a nearby rock taking a seat, even the floor was that of baking temperature, this being the volcanic floor that he hated the most. "It's past time I should have done this, the first Ethereal disappeared on me and the second I got lost in that crater." Hydra let out a sigh placing his head in his hands. Today with the help of his friend he had met under very 'unusual circumstances' this quest would be defeated once and for all. Briefly bringing up the description he glanced through the requirements, "Accept from the NPC warrior and head out to clear 'hunter bandits' off. Seems easy enough." 

Atzo walked his his normal relaxed style. Seeing the familiar face of Hydra sitting on a rock, Atzo smirked. “You ready for this? I hate to say it but I am going to be horrible under prepared for it. Though, this might help” Atzo takes a potion out of his inventory and drinks it. It was sour, and distasteful. But he knew that he would be thankful in the long run. “I really need to do those other tutorial quests” He thought to himself “Maybe I will do that next.” he looked to Hydra “That should help me do a bit more in combat, however I apologize if I don't provide as well as you expected.” He looked to the edge of the safezone, This was floor nine, there was no way he would get far right? If Hydra didn't come though in attacks then Atzo would surely perish. He just hoped it wouldn’t come down to more than just swinging and hope you hit.

(Used +1 DMG Potion)

@Hydra

Edited by Atzo

Atzo showed up a few minutes later, Hydra greeted him in his usual friendly tone. "Glad to see you could make it, and yeah if all things go according to plan it should hopefully be a breeze." At that point a slight volcanic eruption occurred in the distance, the brunette paused for a moment to let it die down and then continued. "Aside from the bandits themselves, we need to be wary of the various potholes in the ground. Honestly, I don't know which is more dangerous here, the monsters or the floor itself." With that out the way, the two could make their last minute preparations. Atzo drank some sort of potion which would boost his strength in combat. "A good tactic," Hydra thought to himself. The thought to do something similar had never crossed his mind when he was at an earlier level. In fact, even at his current level, his 'preparation' was rather a subclass. Withdrawing the 'Water's serpent fang' the blade reflected the light brightly. The spearman slowly drew the weapon across a surface of flat rock leaving a trail of crystals in its wake. "That should do." Turning his head back towards Atzo he smiled, "Whenever you're ready."

@Atzo

Atzo nodded, “Yeah I am good to go.” The two began walking out of the safezone. It was noon, and the sun blazed down. “So, Hydra, What's the plan? All at once or one at a time?” He was ready for either, or at least he hoped he was. There was a doubt in his mind but it seemed like the poison that Hydra had drenched his sword in would be enough to kill them. “This man is strangely chipper, every time I meet him he has a smile on his face” Atzo thought “I wonder what causes it” he was still unsure of what it meant to be happy, He thought he had tasted it with Shield but was not completely sure that is what it felt like. It was interesting though to see just how people reacted to kindness. These people we so humble. They never took advantage of kindness and never stabbed each other in the back. It was wonderful to see indeed.

ID# 78436

Spoiler

Loot 2+1=3 (No Mat)

@Hydra

Edited by Atzo

"If I can land a hit I can kill them all at once. Perhaps taking them down in pairs would be a safer option, though." The spearman mulled over the decision. It wouldn't take much effort but if he did screw up that badly he could end up dead. "Also it would depend if you wanted to try and get any experience, what are your thoughts?" The brunette slowly twirled his spear in his hand, raising his right hand to wipe away the sweat from his brow. "Damn his floor, to hot, ugly and every step I could be hitting a potential land mine, why would anyone every want a house here." As the pair moved on to the spawning spot Hydra took some water out, if you don't have any yourself I can lend you mine he said before proceeding to take a few gulps. It was refreshing but it still didn't do anything about the lingering smell of sulfur that had suddenly come upon the pair. 

@Atzo

Atzo dawned his dingy leather coat, it was good enough to suffice for now but it was by no means going to save him in the long run. “Alright, I will attempt to pull them out. Just be ready to provide me with cover.” This was going to be interesting no doubt about that. What did Atzo want out of this? He almost felt like he would try to prove himself here. It would be a stretch for him to kill anything but he did happen to excel in stealth… If only he had actually added SP to stealth. He shrugged to himself. “Just prepare yourself while I try to map out the area.” Atzo said as they approached the fortress it was no wonder that the group of bandits were hard to kill. “If I climb the walls then I may be able to get a better angle” Atzo though, Surely he would be alright. Once they got there Atzo pooled up his strength and attempted to climb the wall without making sound. The wall was way too steep to be climbed. Not to mention that the two warriors were talking too close and were heard by the Bandits. They could be heard running to see who was talking.

ID# 78443 

Spoiler

Loot 12 (Detected)

Stats

Spoiler

Hydra 755/755 HP | 74/74 Energy | 66 Mit | 3 Acc | 13 DMG

Atzo 160/160 HP | 16/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Lght Momentum | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 6 DMG 

Bandit 1 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit 2 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit 3 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit 4 100/100 HP | 90 DMG

@Hydra

Edited by Atzo

@Atzo - whenever you get the time, sorry forgot to link you when I actually edited the post.

"Alright, I will stand by for the time being." As Atzo attempted to scale the fortress wall Hydra stood back his spear ready in his left hand. "I wonder what's so valuable here anyway that can be farmed?" The warrior from earlier had simply demanded they weaken the forces to regain access to this supposed grinding spot yet Hydra had never heard of it. Letting out a sigh he lent his back against the wall only to be interrupted a few moments later by a squadron of guards rushing out the fortress. "They must have detected us." Hydra mumbled calmly raising his spear. The quest only demanded they killed four of the bandits and this was the perfect opportunity. As per usual the brunette allowed his foe to lash out first, he preferred making the counter attack when outnumbered. The bandits went one at a time, he dodged there blows as best he could deflecting others with his spear. Finally when the opening presented himself he activated <<forceful attack>> slashing outwards in one wide circle and obliterating the bandits in a single hit.

ID# 78460 results:

Battle: 4+3 (hit)

Charge Activated: (+2 Damage)

MOB: 4 (miss)

SA: Forceful Attack (1x7) AOE = (13+2) x 7 = 105 Damage All Bandits Dead 

Stats:

Spoiler

Hydra 755/755 HP | 74/74 Energy | 66 Mit | 3 Acc | 13 DMG

Atzo 160/160 HP | 16/16 Energy | 1 Eva | 1 Savvy | 1 Lght Momentum | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 6 DMG 

Bandit 1 0/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit 2 0/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit 3 0/100 HP | 90 DMG

Bandit 4 0/100 HP | 90 DMG

• 2 weeks later...

Atzo watched as Hydra, in one swift move, Killed all of the bandits. “Well that was quick” He said with a hint of relief in his voice “Shall we grind some monsters while we are out here? Just to see if we can't get some loot?” It seemed like a good plan to Atzo and with how strong this guy was It made sense to Atzo for them to go and search for loot. Though Atzo wasn’t strong he also wasn’t bad in combat, In fact he seemed to be adequate for most of the things against him thus far. He looked to hydra. The man was so calm and collected just like he was in person. “So, How was Britten treating ya, after you left that week you came down?” Hydra was the only person to spend the night with his family with his parents consent. Solomon did it all the time, but Atzo didn't think that counted, seeing as his parents never knew. Hydra never saw what happened to Atzo, His parents were abusive but not dumb. They had made sure to cover up any and all evidence of what they did.

@Hydra

"Hydra!" Mist called out waving her arms about as she rushed across the ninth floor, pack on back and a sparkle in her eye. The Spearwoman forgot about the countless potholes that scattered this floor narrowly missing a few on her way. Either she was the luckiest player in Aincrad or just messing with the others. It must have taken her a few minutes before the brunette reached the other two. "Hiya." She giggled punching Hydra full on in the arm. At first glance anyone would wonder why she picked a Two-Handed Assault Spear to use, the item was hoisted over her shoulder and nearly twice the height. Compared to her friends who was only half the size. "I followed you up here, and then you went missing so I ran around for hours trying to find you." The sad thing was how innocent and sweetly she said it, even now a smile was spread across the woman's face although the running around for hours part might have been a little exaggerated. It was only now that Mist noticed Atzo, "Ooh... have I seen him before?" She pondered tilting her head to one side. "Hi, I am Mist." 

Edited by Mist
  • 3 weeks later...

Hydra's immediate reaction was to sigh slightly. "You could have died following me out here." He walked over to Mist and flicked her on the forehead, "I suppose you look rather powerful though." Hydra glanced at the other spear user, he noticed the silver-dragon tiara on her head that looked oddly like one of his own crafts. "Now your stealing my stuff." He couldn't help but laugh to himself slightly. His caution quickly eased, Mist seemed to have grown much stronger since they last met and on top of her spear she had now grabbed one of his own items from his store, probably when he was out. "I suppose its my own fault for leaving the door unlocked. Speaking of items." Hydra threw a glance at Atzo, "How are the guild uniforms coming along? Oh and not to bad I suppose, well I mean now we're stuck in this game so I couldn't really say to much." He scratched his cheek slightly at the realization. "We got some time to kill, so im happy to do what ever." The spearman moved so his back was rested against the fort wall. The day was still bright and he hadn't expected this quest to be done so quickly. @Atzo

There was a girl who approached. Hydra seemed to know her and have some history with her. “Who is this hydra? I don't recall you mentioning a friend of yours joining from the real world. And I swear to god if she is a family member that I didn’t know about I may have to kill you on the spot” Atzo said this jokingly and gave a laugh “As far as Guild Uniforms go I will be handing them out on the next Guild meeting. I think I have them already, though some need to be retrieved from Areath.” He looked to the girl “I am Atzo, The Man with Many Faces. I am pleased to make your acquaintance.” Hydra was right about them having time to kill, Atzo though about hunting for some loot but decided that it would more than likely be more of a hassle then he needed it to be.

@Mist

ID# 80783 

Spoiler

Loot 11+1=12 (No Mat)

Edited by Atzo

Mist watched casually as the two of them convened with one another. Atzo seemed to be talking about some sort of guild to Hydra, not that she had to much interest in that sort of thing. At least for now she wanted to adventure these lands and whilst help from others was necessary it could also act as chains at times. A few moments later Hydra suddenly seemed to remark about the item Mist was wearing, "Oops caught red-handed." She gave a slight smirk before bowing her head at the fact she would be able to keep it. Finally the player known as Atzo introduced themselves as the man with many faces. "Faces? I wonder if he means emotionally?" She pondered twirling a strand of hair between her thumb and forefinger. It wasn't like there was an awful lot to do anymore, except see the sights of this floor. Twirling slightly the spearwoman peered across the volcanic ranges that made floor 9. "I wonder where to head first." Her eyes sparked with life slightly, most people moaned about this floor, from what she had heard from Hydra he was no exception. Yet none of that bothered her per say.