[F16-PP] Was this really a good idea <<Snake Out of Water>> (Aoda, Hikoru, Shield, Atzo)

Spoiler

<<Snake Out of Water>>

This Quest Takes Place on Floor 16

This Quest is repeatable for only the reward

maxresdefault.jpg

Description: On Floor 16, the Skull Island tribe is asking for help. They speak about a rare creature, of a giant serpent within the trees and riverbanks, that is stealthy and isn’t found easily. They have tried to fight it before, but their arrows seem to bounce off, as if something is protecting the snake. They have asked for others to help, but none of them have returned. They beg for your help, and will pay you for your troubles if you succeed in killing the creature.

Name and Stats:

Name: Hebishinu

HP: 600

MIT: 100

Damage Per hit: 140

+2 Accuracy

If lands 9-10 on BD, adds Paralyse or Toxic Venom. On CD, if the dice is 1-6, its Toxic Venom. If 7-12, its Paralyze, along with the +1 or +2 Damage from the roll
Slick Body: Hebishinu is covered in a slime that prevents attack from causing damage for two turns (Has 2 Safeguards applied)

Requirements:

2 or More Pages (21 Posts)

Hebishinu requires it's own Separate Roll, and it must be linked to the post as well as your own.

Must Roll a LD with 15+ to find snake after 10th post, then once found you must roll a 10 or more on the LD to land an attack, as the serpent hides within the water and trees.

Example:

Player 1 attacks Hebishinu and rolls a LD of 11. He is able to find and hit the creature, but he rolls a 1 on the BD, so he doesn't hit.

Player 2 attacks Hebishinu and rolls a LD of 3, and is unable to attack

Player 1 attacks Hebishinu again and rolls a LD of 15. He is able to hit, and he rolls a 6, so he hit's Hebishinu for however much damage

Charge is unusable, as trees and water block from a straight attack (This includes mods)

Rewards:

Serpent's Tongue: Adds +1 Toxic Venom and +1 Paralyze to Weapon for one Thread

3 SP

Col * 15 of a LD roll from a PST

Atzo and Shield had been discussing taking this quest for a while, Though it scared Atzo to death to attempt it. He sat on a boulder in the middle of the town, He was horribly unprepared for this, He had no armour, but his weapon was pretty good. He would have to wait and see if he could be of any use to Shield and whoever he was bringing along. He knew he would probably just get in the way but at the same time he wanted to help if he could. He felt like he owed Shield his success thus far, and he wasn’t wrong. He looked around, wondering if he was really capable of going through with this. Taking out Misguidance he stared deep into it. The glass swirled for a moment and he could see his father in the background scolding him. He shook his head, what was he thinking coming here? He wouldn’t be able to help.

@Shield, @Aoda, @Hikoru

Aoda stepped out into the main settlement of floor sixteen. It was a lot more unpleasant than he had imagined it to be. The large, dark forest outside of town looked as though it was going to swallow him whole. His eyes trailed down towards the gates that would lead him out of the safezone and into the wild. He had no plans of going through anytime soon. There was no way someone could make the boy leave behind the comforting idea of not dying. At least, that's what he thought.

As he walked, he noticed a man nearby gazing into his almost mirror-like blade. It was like he was staring back at a ghost or something. Noticing that something was up, he began to step towards the man. Spiky, red hair cover the player's virtual scalp. An odd colour, he supposed, but he was aware of the dyes offered in SAO.

"Excuse me," Aoda started, arriving a few feet away from the stranger, "You alright?"

@Shield @Hikoru 

It was rare for Shield to venture this high, but he had plans here with Atzo. It was impossible to get a reading on the player a lot of the time, but if nothing else, Shield knew him to be a reliable quest companion, having successfully completed a couple with him already. This was by far their most ambitious, but he felt up to the task. He found the man he was looking for towards the edge of the settlement.

"Making new friends, are we?" he asked, looking at Atzo while nodding his head towards the unfamiliar face to indicate who he meant. "I think that would be good for you. I'm Shield, by the way," he said, extending a broad hand to the new player. "Atzo here and I have done a little adventuring together, and we were going to do a little more today."

He glanced outside of the safezone, noting the dark and foreboding sight, but compared to the lava plains he traversed before encountering Cerberus, he felt like nothing could really surprise him anymore.

Hikoru followed the young Shield quietly. He had asked him to come along on a quest he had done a long time ago with Xion and Hakai, both players whom he didn't really talk to anymore. He hadn't heard from Xion in a long time, and he only saw Hakai at boss raids and events. He sighed and made sure his cloak was pulled up, hiding his face as they approached a few players. He listened as they did small talk. He noticed that the two were severely lower-levelled, and he looked at Shield with a raised eyebrow, then cleared his throat to gain their attention

"Alright, as the only person who's done this quest, let me give you on some insight." He said, waiting a moment to remember correctly "This thing is tough. It has a coat of slime-ish goo that keeps it protected from the first few attacks. Once you get that done however, his health can be brought down quite quickly." And he looked at the jungle around him "And also, the trees are super thick, so much that Charge is useless in this fight. And if anything, keep your eyes on him at all times, he blends into these trees easily." He said, and hoped that these players would still be ready to face this thing with just the four of them. They had a good tank, but they would need good damage dealers, or else it would just be him on this fight.

A man approached Atzo with concern. Atzo immediately morphed his face into his neutral relaxed expression, the one most people saw. He looked at the man calling to him. “Yeah I am alright” Atzo said as he jumped off the rock and landed perfectly. “I am Atzo, The Man with Many Faces. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I am actually about to go on a quest with a buddy of mine if you would like to join me. He is overly strong and he is bringing a friend. I trust that they would be more than able to protect us.” He smiled at Aoda with an outstretched hand. Before too long Shield and another person Atzo didn't know arrived. “That is correct, Shield hasn’t allowed me to get myself killed yet, and I trust he will stop me if I do anything else stupid” He gave a light hearted chuckle before turning to the other person. “I appreciate the information, but what is your name?” 

@Aoda

The man's response was likely a lie. Aoda had heard those same words a countless number of times. He knew better than to believe them. Despite that, he didn't ask further. "It's nice to meet you as well, Atzo, Man with Many Faces. You can call me Aoda." He told the red-haired player. When he began to speak of a quest accompanied by two presumably higher level players, the noirette became quite interested.

"I'd love to join you, if you wouldn't mind bringing along someone like me. I'm really not very strong in combat, being such a low level." He explained, running his hand through his stygian hair. Not long after, the other two party members arrived; two that he'd never met before. Like he had been told, they were strong. They probably spent more time on the higher floors, whereas Aoda rarely went further than the first three. "Like I just told Atzo, I'm Aoda." The lad stated with a smile, holding out his hand in order to respond to the man's handshake.

The way the dark-haired man described the quest intimidated him. Was it really a good idea for a weak player like himself to travel with a group of stronger players just for a bit of experience and col? Too late to turn back now, I suppose.

@Shield

Shield nodded in response to the new player, sizing up the team as best he could. It seemed as if he would be handling the tanking alone, which suited him just fine. He wasn't afraid of taking some punishment, and with Hikoru dealing damage, he knew he wouldn't be suffering for too long, if at all.

"Well, no sense in delaying," he said clapping his hands and rubbing them together as a display of readiness. "Let's get moving."

He brought up his HUD, pinpointing the spot on the map where the brokers had mentioned the snake's spawns tended to center. Orienting himself to his position in the town, be strode forward, following the road to the edge of town. There was very little buffer between the safe zone and the jungle, and as soon as they set foot outside, the environmental conditions of heat and humidity set in to their fullest, making the air around Shield feel close and heavy.

Spoiler

ID# 79073 results: Loot: 19  + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 24 - + 1 Material (1 total)

Along the edge of the path, he spied a lopsided blue mushroom, and upon closer inspection, the game recognized it as a craftable material. He recovered the item, storing it in his inventory.

"How long ago was it that you tackled this quest, @Hikoru?" Shield asked, shooting a glance over towards the paladin.

Edited by Shield

Hikoru looked as the young red-haired player asked his name, and he mentally smiled to himself. He closed his eyes and focused, disappearing into his own shadow below him and soon appearing from the red-haired players own shadow. He had made sure to stay far enough from him to not scare him, but close enough to get his point across. His cloak billowed in the breeze as he spoke silently, but enough for everyone to hear.

"Hikoru, Master of Shadows. Pleasure to make your acquaintance Atzo, Man of many faces." He said politely. He turned to see Shield gathering some materials, and he quietly equipped his Shadow's Eye, and it soon gave off a small mist of shadows, and he looked around to look and see a small crystal underneath a fallen tree. He picked it up and pocketed it, then turn to Shield as he asked a question "It was quite awhile ago, back when I was around level thirty or forty. Back before the patch for the sword arts." He said as he kept his eyes peeled "Haven't really been on this floor since then, because I don't have much of a reason to be here." After a few moments, he looked back at the other two players, and gave a nod as the player asked to join their group. If he could help a player level up quickly then he would be more than happy to help him out as much as he could. @Atzo

ID: 79074

LD: 20+4=24 <Material Found>

Materials Found: 2 <1 Shield, 1 Hikoru>

This man worried Atzo, a man who could control shadows was something to look out for, the capabilities in terms of spying was unsettling. Not to mention the overwhelming power this player radiated. “Who is he really?” Atzo asked himself feeling that there was more to Hikoru than met they eye, though Atzo didn’t let it show, he was still wearing a relaxed expression. Still it would be rude for him not to to respond, he nodded to Hikoru “The pleasure is all mine”.  He turned to Aoda. “So, what brings you up this high in floors? I myself am fairly under leveled and know this may be a mistake, if not for Shield’s help I would be too afraid to even touch floor eleven.” He chuckled lightheartedly. It wasn’t a lie, Shield had been his savior countless times and Atzo knew he was able to rely on Shield whenever he needed too.  He just hoped one day Shield could call on him if needed.

@Aoda

What Atzo had asked was indeed a great question. What was Aoda doing on the sixteenth floor, when he knew his level was unsuited for the monsters that lurked outside of the safezone. "Truth is, I didn't intend to leave this town. Originally, I teleported here to explore the safezone, since I've spent most of my time in the single digit floors. I was interested in what this place offered." He explained. Instead of doing what he had just said, the lad was now about to leave the comfort of safety to challenge a large snake with the ability to blend into it's surroundings. It was an unsettling thought for him, a weaker player.

The other two party members intrigued him as well. Shield's name fit perfectly, being a tank and all. The other called himself the Master of Shadows, which also seemed to suit him, as he had vanished from his own shadow and reappeared in the red-haired player's. So these are high leveled players. Interesting.

Spoiler

ID# 79513 results: Loot: 5 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 10 - No Material (1 total)

Shield stepped over to @Hikoru and crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow.

"Quit showing off for the lower leveled players," he scolded. "No need to make this more intimidating than it already is."

It wasn't a harsh warning, but he remembered all to well what it felt like being dragged along on high level missions as a low level player. It was nerve wracking. He pulled up his menu and swapped out his loot gear for his axe and shield before turning to the others.

"We're close. If you need to change gear, now's your chance," he said, meeting Atzo's gaze, followed by Aoda's. "Hik here is gonna be in the shadows, so stay behind me. As long as you wait for me to howl, the snake won't even take a sniff in your direction."

Softening his step, he turned and made his way forward, creeping towards what seemed to be the tree line on the edge of a more bog-like section of the jungle.

Edited by Shield

Hikoru just gave a small chuckle as he walked away from the younger-looking player, and backed away to Shield as he questioned his motives. He just gave a shrug and listened as Shield gave the two younger-players a warning, and made sure his equipment was added. He was aiming for accuracy, and he wanted to make sure that he hit this thing, so he made sure that Shadow's Instinct was equipped. He knew that he would need to be lucky, so he also equipped his Shadow's Eye, and he hoped that he would get lucky enough to deal some decent damage to this. But he pulled up his hood and gave a nod, then soon started to sink into the ground underneath him. He looked up at Shield as he sank slowly.

"I'll be at the quest area already when you get there. I remember well where it is, so watch your step and i'll watch your back." He said, then looked down and soon disappeared into the shadow, appearing in a tree nearby. He silently and speedily made his way to the quest area. He made sure that he could still hear the others footsteps and make sure that he knew where they were located so he could attack the snake and hopefully deal a bit of damage to it.

Stats:

Spoiler

Hikoru, Master of Shadows

Level 60

Stats:
1215 HP
120 Energy
+4 Accuracy
+0 Evasion
13 Base Damage
30 Mitigation

Items:
Limbo's Fang (Weapon) +2 Envenom +2 Blight [Tier 2]
Shadow's Eye (Lucky Charm) +3 LD [Tier 2]
Shadow's Instinct (Lucky Charm) +3 ACC [Tier 2]
Sutetchi (Familiar): +6 Damage [Tier 2]
Flowing Illusion (Good item): (+4 Stealth rating in/near water via in-character Roleplay) [Tier 2]

Battle Ready Inventory:
+1 T2 Healing Crystal (Perfect)
Yamkima (Weapon) +2 Paralyse +2 Bleed [Tier 2]
Eclipsed Pendant MK. 2 (Lucky Charm) +1 Evasion +2 Accuracy [Tier 2]
Master of Shadows (Light Armor) +1 Evasion +36 MIT [Tier 2]

Mods:
Athletics
Precision
Acrobatics
Sneak Attack

Buffs:
N/A

Skills:

Rank 5 Dagger
Rank 5 Light Armor
Rank 5 Sneak and Hide
Rank 5 Shadowed Path
Rank 1 Search and Detect
Rank 3 Familiar 
Concentration
Survival

Italics: Unlocked Skill
Underlined: Unique Skill
Bold: Max Rank

• 2 weeks later...

The Shadowed man had vanished once again. “Well, Aoda, I bet you didn't think it would involve you getting roped into a quest with two warriors amongst soldiers and a wolf.” Atzo said with a chuckle. He prepared to fight running through his stats and equipment. He knew he wouldn't be fighting much but it never hurt to be ready just in case. “Hey, Shield, What is our strategy this time? I have no doubt that with… Hikoru? That’s his name right?.... Anyways I have no doubt that he will be able to destroy the monster in one to two blows, that said, is this just going to be get in and get out? Or are we going to attempt to kill more that just the snake?” Atzo realize how little they ever went over strategy, it was normally just ‘Follow Shield, Attack when Hate is not a problem, Kill it, Go Home’ but Atzo was curious about Hikoru and Aoda, maybe they would be good prospects for the guild but he was not sure.

@Aoda

OOC: @Aoda Its your turn

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo, The Man with Many Faces

Level 16

Stats:
320 HP
32 Energy
+3 Accuracy
+3 Evasion
6 Base Damage

Items:
Faces of the Damned (Leather Armour) +3 Eva
Misguidance (Weapon) +2 Acc | +1 Bleed [T1]
Amulet of the Damned (Amulet) +1 Acc | +2 LD

Battle Ready Inventory:
2 40hp Health Potions

Woodland Armour

Skills:

Rank 3 2h Strait Sword
Rank 1 Search and Detect

Rank 1 Charge
Survival

Mods

Rank 3 <<2h straight sword>> Finesse

Edited by Atzo

(I'm not late. In fact, I'm early.)

Hikoru's ability didn't intimidate the noirette, like Shield had fairly assumed. Instead, it peaked his curiosity. Aoda had never heard of a skill that allowed it's user to become literal shadows. I need to talk to this guy when we're finished. He thought as the man began to speak. He'd meet them at the battlefield, which was fair enough. Hikoru would defend them from the darkness, while they traversed through the landscape, in search of the serpent which dwelled somewhere in the murky waters below. 

"To answer your question, no, I didn't have a single idea I'd be pulled along on a quest that would guarantee my death, if we didn't have Shield with us. But hey, what's the worst that could happen, right?"

The strategy Atzo spoke of was, in theory, quite solid. However, if they would be battling more than just the snake, then it would mean more experience and possible drops. That could be useful. "I'd say fighting more would be alright with me, as long as you're interested in sticking around to defend us," He gestured to the tank, "Of course, only if we have the time to do so."

Spoiler

Level 3
60 HP
6 Energy
1 Accuracy
4 Damage

Items
Mangekyo | +2 DMG, +1 ACC

Battle Ready
5  Health Potions (+ 40 HP)
1 Damage Potion (+1 DMG)
1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Skills
OHCS | Rank 1

Spoiler

ID# 81218 results: Loot: 3 + 5 = 8 - No snek

"I like to deal with my fights one at a time," Shield replied, squinting around through the thick growth of the jungle, trying to see any signs of the boss. "Speaking of which, where is it supposed to be? The map says we're right on top of it."

Information like this was usually an estimation, but it was still discouraging to have his cursor overlapping the marker on his map and not have any inclination of where the boss could be.

"Everyone keep your eyes peeled for the snake," he said, sweeping his gaze along the ground and in the low hanging branches of the nearby trees. "Keep on your toes and stay near me. If you get a chance to spot it, take a swing and then fall back behind me. We can smoke it out as a group and then I'll draw its fire. Same plan as before, just accounting for a much sneakier foe."

@Hikoru

Edited by Shield

Hikoru moved quietly, and found the snake with no problem. He recogized the slow-moving snake and went through the forest. He gave a sigh as he remembered kicking this things butt, and he knew that it could have a chance to remember him, or it's programming got updated with that patch awhile ago. He opened up his HUD and let the others know of his location, and he hoped that they would be able to hit them, or else his damage would be irreleveant. He sat and waited, watching it's movements and would tell them all where it was if it moved locations. He was doing the scout's job for this quest, and he had done a good job so far. He just hoped that the others could get rid of it's slime coating, or else his damage would be absorbed and he would be stuck with minimal damage instead of his large first-blow.

ID: 81253

LD: 16+4=20 Snake Found

@Atzo

Signal came in from Hikoru that the snake was found. “Well, looks like we should get there quick. Shield, how fast can you run?” It was probably a worthless question, a tank with a turtle on his back would be very ineffective when it came to sprinting. Still Atzo had an urge to take off. “Aoda, If you really want me to answer that I will but I don’t think you will happy with my response. That said I have another question for you. Are you part of a guild? And If not would you like to join one? I need people to fill some of my higher ranks and I want to start with some lower level players if at all possible.” Atzo was too anxious to avoid being forward with his chatter. It would be a challenge for him to call himself until he was able to analyze this fight, if there was anything at all to analyze. 

@Aoda