[F3 - SP] Escape [Completed]

Spoiler

ID# 78594 results:

Battle: 8 - 2 = 6 - Hit! 3 dmg - 20 dmg = 1 dmg

Shield HP: 640/640, Mit: 111, Regen: 54, Dmg: 3, Bleed: 24 (BD 8+), Thorns: 28
Battle: 6 - 2 = 4 - Miss, Bleed rounds: Guard 1 - 1

Bandit Guard 2: HP: -27/30, Damage: 30, +1 Acc, +2 Eva, +20 Mitigation [DEAD]
MOB: 6 + 1 = 7 - Hit! - 30 dmg - 111 dmg - 54 dmg = 0 dmg, Thorns - 28 dmg

Shield's next attack swept at the rogue's feet, and although he was quick enough to leap out of the way, he was not in his right mind and did not land properly. The bandit fell, sprawling out across the brickwork floor of the hall. Shield sprawled across him, sitting on his stomach and pinning his shoulder down, raising his axe for another strike.

"Dodge this," he said, his eyes narrowing.

Before he could make the attempt, however, the fallen rogue took his dagger and sliced at Shield's belly. While in real life this would have been a finishing blow against Shield, in Sword Art Online, it was a finishing blow for the rogue, whose body turned into air and pixels beneath the player, causing him to slump down into a seated position on the ground.

"Well, he thought aloud as he picked himself up, "that only leaves one apparent path to the exit."

He took off at a brisk pace, passing the fork that he had taken and continuing straight down the last remaining path.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78595 results: Loot: 14 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 19 - Success! Found exit!

Once again, as he ran, he swapped out his gear, hoping that if the path forked again, he would get some sort of hint from his Seeking Aura earring. Whether from the trinket's luck or just sheer dumb luck, the hall began to grow lighter as he ran, actual sunlight beginning to proliferate across the bricks of the floor. Ahead, he saw a wrought iron gate made up of similar bars to those he knocked down in the prison.

Ramming the door with his shoulder, be burst through into the light, holding his arms out to embrace the warmth of the sun as it spread across his body.

"I can't believe how much of a relief it is to be outside," he said, sighing as he turned to look around.

Directly to his right, a very shocked looking bald man stood with his jaw open. He wore a suit of leather armor, and the club that he carried was much more significant than the little daggers of the rogues Shield had seen.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78618 results:

Combat action: Swapping out combat gear

<<Bandit Warden>> 100/100HP, Dmg: 30 (on BD 9+ ignores mit), +2 Eva, +15 Mitigation
 MOB: 1 - Miss

Slowly Shield reached out and swapped out his equipment.

"What... What happened to my men!?" cried the bald headed bandit.

"Did you have four of them?" Shield asked bluntly.

"Yes!" bellowed the man.

"Well, not anymore you don't."

With a cry of rage, the man drew his club from his belt and swung, though in his anger, he swung so poorly that it merely crashed into Shield's Pain Drinker, accomplishing nothing whatsoever.

"Now there's no sense getting all bent out of shape about it," Shield said with mock sympathy. "I gave them all the chance to run away, and they didn't. Well, except for that last guy, but he was basically already dead by the time he would have decided to run."

For some reason, this did very little to calm down the apparent leader of the bandits. His fist tightened around the handle of his club, visibly shaking from the force of his grip.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78619 results:

Battle: 3

<<Bandit Warden>> 100/100HP, Dmg: 30 (on BD 9+ ignores mit), +2 Eva, +15 Mitigation
 MOB: 5 - Miss

Shield decided not to wait for a second volley. He stepped forward and swept for the bandit warden's feet, but the man easily dodged, diving and rolling. As the rogue came up from the ground, he brought his club up, just missing Shield's ear.

"I don't believe you," growled the bandit leader. "Those men are the finest I've known. They wouldn't be so lax as to let a scrub like you escape."

Shield gave a noncommittal shrug.

"Maybe you're right," he said. "Only two ways to find out though. You can either go and see for yourself that none of them are home, which you won't do because then I'll escape, or we can wait for them to come out and prove me wrong."

The bald man spat at Shield's feet.

"I can tell you that you'll be waiting here for a while though," he went on, giving the bandit a would-be sympathetic smile. "Don't worry, though. Either way, you won't be here long enough to see any of them come out."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78620 results:

Battle: 6 - 2 = 4 - Miss

MOB: 3 - Miss

The bandit leader roared, flailing with his club as he charged at Shield. There was no rhyme or reason to his swinging, and Shield wondered if it would hit even if he stood still. If this fight was going to end, he couldn't count on his thorns doing the work for him. There might be a lucky swing here and there, but this man was enraged.

Aiming carefully, Shield swept his axe across the path of the charging bandit, but his blade was countered by the wild motions of the club, knocking it to the side. The real shame was that the attack that followed up the counter still missed by a wide margin.

"Is that how you're going to pay tribute to your men?" Shield asked, knocking the club aside and getting directly into the rogue's face. "By going out like an animal? No dignity? Just attacking blindly until your opponent takes you out?"

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78621 results:

Battle: 8 - 2 = 6 - Hit! - 3 dmg - 15 mit = 1 dmg, Bleed rounds: 2

<<Bandit Warden>> 71/100HP, Dmg: 30 (on BD 9+ ignores mit), +2 Eva, +15 Mitigation
 MOB: 6 - Hit! 30 dmg - 111 mit - 54 regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 28 dmg

The man was so near that Shield could feel his breath and smell the foulness of it. He flinched back, coughing and waving the putrid air away from his face.

"Good lord, your breath!" he choked.

The man shoved him, growling in response to the comment. Regaining his balance, Shield brought his axe across the main's face, catching the hook of the blade in the man's temple and tearing a hole across his cheek and nose. The rogue screamed in pain and anger, bringing his club down onto Shield's shoulder, and immediately wincing.

A quarter of the man's health gauge had dropped away, and more was beginning to trickle by the second.

"You can't win," Shield said. "None of you men managed to harm me, and you're not going to be any different. Let me go."

Looking up from the fresh wound on his hand, the bandit leader grit his teeth, snarling in Shield's face. This time, he had the good sense to not inhale the breath that came from the man's mouth.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78623 results:

Battle: 1 - 2 = -1 - Miss, Bleed rounds: 1

<<Bandit Warden>> 47/100HP, Dmg: 30 (on BD 9+ ignores mit), +2 Eva, +15 Mitigation
 MOB: 5 - Miss

"You'll leave..." rasped the enraged rogue, "over my bead body."

With a groan, Shield threw up his hands. He wasn't sure why he was still trying to reason with the stubborn artificial intelligence, but either way, he had hit the end of that line of conversation.

"Have it your way," he sighed, swiping at the man's head.

The attack went wide as the enemy dodged back, coming back with a hard swing of his weapon. Although the bandit's heart was in it, his aim was not, and it clanged harmlessly against the shield that protected his target.

"You're not going to get anywhere swinging like that. Aim or you're never going to hit anything."

"Odd," taunted the rogue. "It's almost as if you want me to hit you."

"I kind of do," Shield mumbled under his breath, squaring up for another attack, all the while the rogue continuing to bleed out.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78624 results:

Battle: 4 - 2 = 2 - Miss, Bleed rounds: 0

<<Bandit Warden>> 19/100HP, Dmg: 30 (on BD 9+ ignores mit), +2 Eva, +15 Mitigation
 MOB: 4 - Miss

Shield swung, but once again, his target proved too nimble, which was impressive considering the man was too angry to aim properly. Perhaps this was what it looked like when a damaged opponent focused on defense by actually defending rather than just giving up altogether and running away. Indeed, that did seem to be where the rogue's focus was.

"My god, you really do believe me, don't you?" Shield said, incredulously. "You know I killed your men, and yet here you are, still trying to fight me. Quite a brave little program you are."

"I don't know what you're talking about," the man hissed, sending another club strike into the surface of the tank's shield.

"You're not bothering to aim because you actually are focusing on my attacks," Shield crowed, laughing at the irony of a program that could feel fear but was not programmed to be able to run. "You're on full defense, and yet you still won't back down."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 78625 results:

Foregoing attack

<<Bandit Warden>> -9/100HP, Dmg: 30 (on BD 9+ ignores mit), +2 Eva, +15 Mitigation [DEAD]
MOB: 8 - Hit! - 30 dmg - 111 mit - 54 regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 28 dmg

"Shut up!" roared the bandit, and yet he still refused to change his tactic.

"Fine then," Shied answered, letting his axe and shield rest at his sides. "My offense is down. I will not attack. Now if you want to try for vengeance, do it properly."

The last of the wound on the leader's face disappeared and with one final battle cry, he struck Shield in the chest and disappeared in a swirl of red, pixilated light. Shield sighed and turned away from the fight, dismissing the victory window.

"Whoever designed that quest should be shot," he grumbled, opening up his map display to navigate his way back to the floor exit. "I better not have missed any business in my shop."

[Quest Rewards]

3 SP (2 quest reward, 1 thread length)

400 Col (Thread length)

<<Bandit's Guile>> Potion increases a player's Evasion by '1' for one battle.

Edited by Shield