[F4-PP] Test of metal <<The Essence of Steel>>

@Sey

"Urghh..." Hydra groaned as he stumbled out a nearby tavern before letting out a large yawn. "I had to listen to them all night for this questing information." The spearman mumbled stretching his muscles out. Leaning up against a tavern wall and lifting his head up to the sky, the coolness of the night seemed to refresh his senses. "The essence of steel, another one past time that I should have done." He bought up the quest details scanning through the rewards. Apparently, the field boss had been found in some sort of cave, some players had died... or maybe they escaped Hydra couldn't really recall. In any case, he had no interest in that, the rare item drop known as the <<Essence of steel>> was what caught his eye an item which once used would improve the quality of a weapon by one. Since losing Lyrica's Fang to the giant known as Mack he had nothing special left. "Alright... Guess it's time to head out."

Essence of Steel! That was the quest name anyways, and it was not the item he was looking forward to, but the skill poi9nts if he had to be honest. The more skills, the better his build could be. At this point, if he aimed for one focus only, he probably would have obtained it with what skill points that he had right now. But his build required a lot more than just the current amount that he needed. On the plus side, he finally got the first aid skill up to the maximum level, so he was able to attack and heal with the most effectiveness at the same time. Now he needed to build up some mitigation, and in doing so, he would be able to take a lot of damage from the enemies, with perhaps something like parry to cut the damage in half rather than rely on block and a shield. After all, his next goal was a two-handed spear. In the meantime, he would just wander around aimlessly, not quite sure as to where to start.

@Hydra

Hydra began to set off towards the supposed cave this boss would spawn in. The atmosphere quickly grew dark and lonely as the warmth and noise from the tavern died out behind him. "I wish I had some company here." The spearman mumbled shivering slightly. Most of the time he visited the fourth floor he could handle the isolation, in fact he came here for specific reasons to get some alone time. This was 'work' related though or so to speak. "I suppose It wouldn't hurt to check if any of my friends are around." Opening up his interface the spearman quickly glanced through his friends list his eyes eventually settling on a name, 'Sey'. "Huh it's been a while." Hydra laughed lightly to himself typing in a quick message and firing it off. Whilst surprised at his luck someone was on the fourth floor, he was least surprised it was Sey. The two of them had an uncanny knack for being in the same place at the same time, as demonstrated by the fact they had already completed three, no? Perhaps four quests together. The brunette took a seat in the snow wondering how much stronger his friend had gotten now.

A sudden message would the appear in his inbox, in which he opened a few seconds later to read that it came from the same "player killer" that was probably a lot closer to him than most of the regular players in the game. At this point, he did not even fear the orange crystal above his friends head. If Hydra wanted him dead, he would have done it when he was many levels ahead of Sey. But now, even if for some reason he had a change of heart, he was going to have to fight an even battle. But they did a lot of quests together, they were probably never going to go head to head at this rate, which is why he considered Hydra a friend. According to the message, it was a quest... The same one... Sey did not hesitate to pace while shouting the name of his friend, looking around to see if he was there. It totally could not go wrong, nope, there was no way it would ever backfire. "HYDRA!"

Hydra was surprised to hear Sey shout his name, it reminded him of the time back in the underground caves where they couldn't see anything. "Damn how am I going to find him with all this snow." He suddenly realized, normally that would be how he identified his friend but to be honest on this floor everything was, well... Pitch white and dark. "Over here." The spearman casually called out, this was going to be a challenge. Slowly Hydra began to stumble once more through the snow, eventually, the depth reaching his waistline. "Err..." The young adventurer glanced around before letting out a small sigh. "Have I seriously gotten stuck again." At this point, a large growling came not too far from the forest nearby. "Guessing that's not you Sey." The spearman chuckled lightly to himself before a furry white yeti of sorts emerged from the forest nearby. Hydra glanced up at the beast then back down at the snow he happened to be stuck in. "Well, Fu..." The rest of the sentence was cut off mid-sentence as the creature roared loudly and prepare to claw at him.

Yeti - 410/410 | 123 Damage

Hydra - 755/755 | 74 Energy | 13 Damage (16 w/Skills) | 66 MIT | 3 ACC

Terrain Effect: <Deep Snow>

Spoiler

During first round of combat the player who spawned the Yeti must spend their first action removing themselves from the snow

The roar of the sudden beast was the cue to where Hydra was, considering how loud it was int he first place. The snow-haired player would charge towards the direction he heard both the voice of Hydra and the monster before then seeing the towering monster preparing to strike. Sey would not have any time for saying hello, but would instead leap upwards into the air before stabbing down onto the Yeti once on the head the weapon going through, but acting as if it were a normal hit rather than a piercing hit like the real world would suggest. Before it would counter him, he would pull out his weapon before letting his body fall downwards, slicing in a nasty barrage before then landing on the ground. With that done, he would launch his body back and away from the Yeti, looking back to Hydra. "Sorry I'm late, mate. But I'm here now!"Yeti - 266/410 | 123 Damage

@Hydra - 755/755 | 74 Energy | 13 Damage (16 w/Skills) | 66 MIT | 3 ACC

Sey - 820/820 l 82 Energy l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 MIT

ID# 78896 results:

Battle: 7
Dmg: 12 x 12 x 1 = 144
SA:  Merciless Flurry (12 x 1)

MOB: 3

Edited by Sey

"Perfect timing," Hydra chuckled as a figure burst out from the forest. As Sey faced off with the Yeti, Hydra needed to figure a way out of this snow. "Hmm..." He tried moving his lower body, however that seemed completely stuck. At this point, Twilight popped her heads out a few moments later. "Help me out here buddy." He whispered to his dragon snake. A moment later she wrapped around his neck and tried tugging him out. Despite nearly choking to death it seemed to work, freeing him from the snow drift. "Alright now I can help Sey, although it doesn't really look like he needs any help." The yeti was at half hitpoints, his snow-haired friend barely looked phased by it all. Turning his head the spearman glanced at Twilight, "Thanks for the help but next time do it by the arm please." The familiar flickered its tongues at him, he didn't know whether it was mocking him now or simply sensing as a snake does. 

Yeti - 266/410 | 123 Damage

Hydra - 755/755 | 74 Energy | 13 Damage (16 w/Skills) | 66 MIT | 3 ACC

Sey - 820/820 l 82 Energy l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 MIT

With this said and done, Sey would then place his spear up once again as he would slash through the monster, letting it roar once again before it ended up returning the favor this time unfortunately for the player. Sey's body would be slammed against the snow with a palm in the middle of the barrage he let out, getting a good six hits in. Fortunately, due to his mitigation, his damage had been reduced from a nightmarish amount to an amount that he was more than willing to lose at this time. Placing himself back up, he would finish the combo swiftly at the torso, in which that would then cause the yeti to go from the green one to the red zone nearly instantly. "Looks like we are about to finish off this fool. Just a little bit longer and we should be all set."

ID# 78962 results:

Battle: 8
Dmg: 12 x 12 x 1 = 144
SA:  Merciless Flurry (12 x 1)

MOB: 7
Dmg: 123 - 57 = 66 Dmg

Yeti - 122/410 | 123 Damage

@Hydra - 755/755 | 74 Energy | 13 Damage (16 w/Skills) | 66 MIT | 3 ACC

Sey - 754/820 l 82 Energy l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 MIT

Edited by Sey

Hydra felt like he could stand back and watch the rest of the fight, it was almost like being in a live action movie. "Mmm." He watched Sey for a moment, his friend had clearly grown far stronger than him. "I will do what I can, but I shouldn't steal the kill." Hydra pondered readying the water serpent's fang and activating <<dragonfly cutter>> to stun the yeti and hopefully allow his friend to finish it off. "Indeed," Hydra laughed lightly raising his head to the sky and letting the snow brush against his cheeks. "I need your help with the essence of steel ,or rather I got bored and it's been awhile since we had last met, its good to see you again." The brunette hoisted his spear over his shoulder and waited for his friend to deal the killing blow, once that was gone they'd be able to talk properly.

ID# 78963 results:

Battle: 9+3 (crit +1)

SA: Dragonfly Cutter (4x2) + Stun = (13+1) x 8 = 112 Damage to Yeti

_______

Yeti - 10/410 | 123 Damage 

Hydra - 755/755 | 63/74 Energy | 13 Damage (16 w/Skills) | 66 MIT | 3 ACC

@Sey - 754/820 l 82 Energy l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 MIT

Sey would then prepare to finish off the monster, seeing how it’s health was put to an extremely low point. No Sword Arts would be used, since he was fairly certain that he was able to finish it off with a simple stab through the torso. His legs would pounce after the barrage that the brunette would carry out before leaving some space for him to attack once again. With a few violent slashes, he would then end the monster and force it to shatter to many pieces of data. The result of the battle had been a success, and even better, he ended up finding hydra as well! “Sorry that I did not come any earlier. At least we are here now, so you talked to me about the Essence quest, correct? If so, I am definitely ready to go… Also, what is that beside you?” He was addressing the familiar as he pointed his free left pointer finger at it.

Yeti - 0/410 | 123 Damage 

@Hydra - 755/755 | 63/74 Energy | 13 Damage (16 w/Skills) | 66 MIT | 3 ACC

Sey - 754/820 l 69 Energy l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 MIT

ID# 78965 results:

Battle: 10

Loot: 18 + 2 = 20 (+4 T1 Mats + 1230 Col)

MOB: 1

Edited by Sey

"Haha no worries, I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and yeah." Hydra nodded his head, then quickly moved to getting the quest details up, "Nothing too serious, I hear these forests are crawling with Yeti's though." The spearman looked towards what remaining crystals of the previous enemy. Unless they faced an army of them, they probably wouldn't pose much of a challenge either. Sey then pointed at Twilight, she didn't take very kindly to it hissing harshly. "This here is Twilight, she is um..." Hydra paused thinking how to phrase it. "I believe she is a similar creature to that found on the <Case of Wyrms> quest although I don't have an exact name." The snake coiled around a tree branch and fluttered her wings each head taking a nip at the other one. "Yeah believe it or not I have had her since we started questing together." Hydra laughed lightly, "She sleeps most of the time, probably why you didn't notice her." Hydra proceeded to move forward so that he was fully out the snow, "The cave where this enemy sleeps should be somewhere in this forest." 

“She seems like you very much. Seems like it behaves the same way as a familiar. What is Twilight able to do?” Sey asked, feeling a bit envious as he himself did not quite have the ability to get a familiar at the moment. Far too busy with that sort of thing unfortunately for him, but he was still trying. Besides, the skill points he had to invest in it were not quite the best condition right now, absolutely 0 if he were perfectly honest about that. With that said and done though, he still felt like he had a goos enough build with what he spent his skill points on, he was slowly but surely living up to his title as a balanced player. “The forest? Hm, I’ll see if I can locate something. Want me to put on my looting gear first though? Or can we do without?”

"Haha well, she can fly, and coil and do snakey things." Hydra chuckled, he still needed to invest into his familiar however he didn't know if it was possible. Certain players had 'special' familiars who happened to have skills in damage, healing or even extra mitigation. Twilight, unfortunately, didn't display those sort of skills. "Maybe one day I will be able to retake the quest without having to disown her." He thought to himself, the brunette would never abandon Twilight or harm her for that matter. Turning back to Sey Hydra smiled, "The cave itself shouldn't be too hard to find, but neither should be the snow beast that lurks within. Putting on your loot gear should be fine and it may speed the process up a bit." Hydra glanced to within the forest. This quest seemed an awful lot like the avalanche, although perhaps a little more difficult. Slowly he began to make his way into the woods. "Perhaps I should try to find some more materials?" Hydra had run out recently and with the guild situation unfolding, he had promised each member a free order. Letting out a yawn he glanced over to Sey to see if his friend had uncovered anything.

"I wonder if the game will allow that sort of thing. If so, there might even be breeders in this game or something of the sort." Those people were in one of the worst systems in the real world, forcing animals to breed until a "perfect" one came out, which was a cruel form of business. Then again, Sey would reflect on the fact that all forms of it was cruel in it's own way. His own prices raised when he went up a little bit higher in the charts when it came to his shop, simply because he was able to make them a little bit quicker. It had been a while since he had been at the shop, he should get back to it. "Yeah, if we keep on moving to the North like the bloker told me to, we should be able to arrive towards it. Hopefully it won't be that big of a deal in the fight though, it will lower my mitigation a little bit... Or completely " Sey explained as he would then equip his coat that enhanced his loot further. Hecta's Bliss Coat.

"Nice, lead the way," Hydra said smiling and gesturing forward. They had now completely switched roles, he was the learner this time around. Although he was not sure that he actually taught Sey anything during their climb together. Humming to himself he glanced around at the snow, it was truly remarkable how accurate this game could be at times. Paw marks littered the snow, alongside some sort of hooves. "Must have been a pack hunting prey." Hydra pondered to himself, he never truly understood why a game would need to stimulate such things, after all, it followed the same implications of 'when a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound?' In any case, he respected Kayaba for his commitment towards the game's features. "I wonder how many hate him now." Hydra pondered to himself, personally, he had felt anger at first, even going as far as calling him a murderer. Yet at the same time, there was something odd to all of it. "I wonder what Sey thinks on the matter." The spearman thought to glance ahead at his snow-haired friend. A few moments later Twilight caught up burying herself beneath Hydra's cloth armor.

Continuing to press through the snow as they were climbing, he would jog in pace in a walking form of manner to keep himself warm. While he was not able to feel pain from the game like any other player, he was still able to feel the nasty effects of the cold, none of which provided too much comfort for him. As they continued to climb, he would then see a small obvious opening, placing himself inside of it to notice a cavern was located within the structure. "Yo Hydra, I think I found the caves!" The snow-haired player would annouce to him, his voice echoing in the cave... But bcause of that, he would then see the end result of that being exclaimed, two red eyes glowing in the dark in front of him, a growl following up with it as well. Well, it looks like they located the target that they had been looking for. "And while I am at it... I think I also found the beast that we are looking for as well..."

Sey: 820/820 HP l 82 NRG l 12 Dmg l +5 LD l +3 ACC l 30 BH
Hydra: ???/???

<Snow Beast>: 250/250 HP l 160 Dmg
Special Ability: Partial Phase- Snow Beast will always deal a minimum of 24 damage, even through Armor and Armor Abilities.

Hydra was highly impressed by his friends tracking skills, it wasn't long before they reached the cave. "Nice," Hydra responded laughing lightly. "It would have taken me a day at least." As Hydra shifted himself up to the caves level Sey then continued to mention that he had already found the beast. "Huh?" As the spearman glanced up from his crouched position there was indeed a pair of red eyes staring right at them. "Hmm..." A slight tingle went down the brunette's spine but he wasn't sure whether that was cold or an actual feeling of nervousness against this thing. Preparing his charge he surged forward as per usual. The Snow Beast managed to lift up an arm and land a hit on him sending him flying into the wall with a crash. As the icy mist settled it appeared to not have impaired Hydra's momentum, however, and the damage sustained had barely taken away that much health. Now it was Hydra's turn, activating <merciless flurry> with the combined effort of charge and ferocity he was able to completely obliterate one of the creatures arms. The spearman had no doubt that Sey would follow up with a finishing move with that he retreated.

ID 79146:

Battle: 7+3 (hit)

<R2 Charge activated>

<Ferocity passive>

SA: Merciless Flurry (12x1) = (13+2+1) x 12 = 192 Damage

MOB: 10 (+2 Damage)

Attack: 162 - 66 = 96 Damage to Hydra

---------

@Sey: 820/820 HP l 82 NRG l 12 Dmg l +5 LD l +3 ACC l 30 BH
Hydra: 661/755 HP | 76/76 NRG | 13 Dmg (16wskills) | 66 MIT | +3 ACC

<Snow Beast>: 58/250 HP l 160 Dmg
Special Ability: Partial Phase- Snow Beast will always deal a minimum of 24 damage, even through Armor and Armor Abilities.

Sey would proceed to follow up the attack in the caverns once Hydra got his say in it. Fortunately, the damage that he took did not seem to be too extreme, so the snow-haired player did not worry about that. Mitigation was useful, which was why he himself was a little bit regretful for not having his mitigation items on his being. Still though, it did not have too much health, it seems like they would be able to handle the monster without much of a problem should they be able to work their way up to that point. It was going to need one more strike and the battle was over. He launched forward at the giant snow beast with his eyes locked onto the center of it so that he would not miss his target. With gis movements so swift, he would successful strike at it before beginning a swift barrage with strikes that slashed from side to side, resulting in the monster shattering to pieces. This was once a floor boss, and now it was taken down by two players. "And it looks like that is that!"

ID# 79148 results:

Battle: 8
SA: Merciless Flurry - 12x1 - (13 Energy) - A high-end sword art that strikes the target with a flurry of rapid thrusts.
Dmg: 12 x 12 x 1 = 144 Dmg

Sey: 820/820 HP l 82 NRG l 12 Dmg l +5 LD l +3 ACC l 30 BH
@Hydra: 661/755 HP | 76/76 NRG | 13 Dmg (16wskills) | 66 MIT | +3 ACC

<Snow Beast>: 0/250 HP l 160 Dmg

Edited by Sey

Hydra stretched his arms behind the back of his head. "I think we have outdone ourselves a little." The spearman laughed before hoisting 'The Water Serpent's fang' over his back. Usually, the spearman would just unequip it and store it in his inventory, however, there was the walk back and he would rather have it handy in case any more yeti were to show up. As Sey got the last final hit he also got the essence of steel. Hydra approached looking at the item description out of curiosity. If he had got the drop he would have planned to use it on his weapon but it seemed the essence could only be used to raise a weapon's quality to perfect and no higher. Alas, it would have been no use to him anyway. "Nice, I think it's about time I head back to my store. I got so much grinding to do." The adventurer let out with half a laugh and half a sigh. Hydra was going to need a lot of materials soon. Looking back towards Sey he bowed his head. "Thanks for the help, I gotta fly to the second floor until we meet again." He casually turned around and waved as he left the entrance of the cave. He was certain it wouldn't be long before another opportunity presented itself for the pair.

"Oh yeah, without a doubt. We are definitely getting stronger. Apparently that was once a floor boss as well, insane how that works, huh?" He would ask as he would the pick up the drop that it left behind with a smile on his face. With that sort of thing out of the way, they obtained a really good price and a little bit of skill points as well. Right now, it would probably not help him too much with rising up a level or two, but it was perfect to have the item help with his items when he obtained things like the fallen damage weapon. "Take care! I gotta work on my shop as well, so it works anyways. See ya later on a different quest!" With that, he would proceed to leave the scene as well. Now that he was full well prepared to take on the boss like that, maybe the floor boss would not be so hard. It was two tiers higher than this one though, so it was best to stay away for now however, just to be on the safer side of things.