Jump to content

[F15-PP] Witch of the West and the Three Treasures [Completed]


Beat

Recommended Posts

Spoiler

<<Witch of the West and the Three Treasures>>

This quest takes place on Floor 15

This quest is not repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

Dorothy.Gale.full.1292974.jpg

Background Information - Rumor has it, a group of NPCs (Scarecrow, Tin and Lion) were on their journey to become humans, but, along the way, the Witch of the West kidnapped their companion, a girl named Dorothy. The three wanted to save Dorothy, but the witch stole what was in Scarecrow's head, the gem that was a substitute for Tin's heart and the golden mane that fueled Lion's courage, thus they were unable to battle. Instead, they decided to enlist the help of players and cast a tornado spell on Toto, the dog that Dorothy kept, and sent it beyond the  to find a player to help them. 

Quest Objective - The player(s) must roleplay finding Toto and accepting the Quest pop-up from reading the note on his collar. Once accepted, Toto leads the player(s) to a log cabin. At that point, the cabin becomes engulfed by a tornado and is transported to a special quest area, sealed off by a steep cliff and unreachable by foot, in the north-western area of the floor. In this area, the players are greeted by three characters: Scarecrow, Tin and Lion, with the Scarecrow explaining the background of the quest and mapping out how to get to the Witch's castle. After the players reach the witch's castle, the gates to the castle open. The moment the players step beyond the gate, four <<Werepanthers>> spawn and attack the players, with one of the panthers holding a key that can be used to open a small door at a corner of castle. After defeating the panthers and navigating the castle, the players find the boss room (on a LD of 20+) and, after entering, the players are asked by the witch whether they would like to join her for soup. If the player rejects the offer, the witch spills the contents of her pot towards the players, creating a venomous-looking, purple mist, which causes a forced paralysis event (lasts for 5 turns unless Lion roars) that could only be undone with the roar of a lion. Once Lion musters the courage and roars, the players are freed from the paralysis and can attack the witch.

Requirements:

-At least one [2] Page (41 or more posts)

-Players MUST defeat 4 <<Werepanthers>>

-Players must spend either 5 turns encouraging the Lion to roar or spend 1 turn giving him the <Lion's Mane> to roar. 

-Max Party size of 4

-Players MUST defeat the <Wicked Witch of the West>

 

Werepanther Information:

<<Werepanther>> is a respawning Quest Mob and has the following statistics:

HP: 200

Damage per Attack: 80

Mitigation: 70

Accuracy: 2

Evasion: 2

 

Wicked Witch of the West Information:

<<Wicked Witch of the West>> is a respawning Quest Boss and has the following statistics:

HP: 500

Damage per Attack: 120

Mitigation: 100

Accuracy: 3

Evasion: 2

Wicked Witch of the West ignores Paralysis and Thorn Damage.
-Witches's Gaze: On a natural roll of 10 she will unleash a glowing gaze that will paralyze all players present for 2 turns, in addition to her attack. (If a player has the <Lion's Mane>, <Tin's Heart> or <Scarecrow's Brain> in their Battle Ready Inventory, they become immune to this effect. These items MUST BE listed in the Battle Ready Inventory.)

 

Rewards:

  1. <Witches Cauldron>: A multi-functional item that gives the player +1 CD when crafting. (This stacks with all +CD Crafting buffs) as well as having the following effect: 3 Charges, when used in combat, the user and 3 other players are given immunity to the next Stun or Paralysis effect that would affect them. These Charges cannot be refilled.

  2. 2 Skill Points

Parties of players are advised.

Recommended Level: 25+

"Little guy is really running this time!" Beat said as they ran after their guide, the little yorkshire's yipping helping them during the times when they inevitably lost sight of the small canine. 

They had accepted the last part of their quest and were again making their way through the fog, though this time, they seemed to be heading away from the towers. After about ten minutes, the fog became thinner as they exited the woods. They found themselves on what appeared to be a farm and were surrounded by cultivated, flat land for miles. On the property they stood on, a log cabin could be seen. 

"Okay sure, why not? As long as it's not flying monkeys, I don't really care. "

Toto had already bolted for the picket fence surrounding the cabin as Beat look the Shield with an inquisitive expression as they reached the fence. 

"How much do you want to bet those items we had to go find belong to whoever is in that cabin?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shield shrugged, not having expected a cabin in the first place, but given that a built structure wouldn't just appear out of nowhere that it likely had to be a stop along the way for a reason.

"There is a certain predictable tendency among these quests, so I suppose you're not far-"

He paused, an odd sort of shuffling having perked up his ears. At first he had tuned it out like the wind, but there did not currently seem to be any. Turning around, he saw four shady figures wandering through the woods at the edge of the clearing. Shield tapped Beat on the shoulder and pointed before taking a step towards the mysterious shapes, at the same time, filling his lungs.

"Come out," he shouted, rustling the dead, dry leaves at the edge of the woods.

Spoiler

ID# 78795 results:

Shield HP: 680/680 - 34 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen
Combat Action: Howl

Lion's Shadow           - HP: 312/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3
Scarecrow's Shadow - HP: 312/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3
Tin Man's Shadow     - HP: 312/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3
Toto's Shadow           - HP: 312/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3
MOB: 8 + 3 = 11 - Hit! 120 dmg - 111 mit - 54 regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 28

Out of the forest, a nightmarish scarecrow, a bipedal lion with glaring green eyes, a man made of metal and wielding a massive, serrated axe, and a massive black dog charged forth. They were on Shield before he could completely register what he was seeing, but they each flinched away, having felt the sting of his thorns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78833: BD: 6 (2+3+1) 

Concentration Used

Charge Used

Used Swords Dance Crystal [ID: 78288] +6 Damage for one thread (Does not require Post action to use)

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: (14+2+6) * 6 = 120

Lion's Shadow           - HP: 192/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3
Scarecrow's Shadow - HP: 192/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3
Tin Man's Shadow     - HP: 192/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3
Toto's Shadow           - HP: 192/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3

"What is it?" Beat said in a hushed tone, following Shield's gaze to the edge of the woods, his hand swiftly removing the red, pyramid shaped gem from his inventory. 

He was normally fairly hesitant to use consumables, but if he was being honest; the witch was a bit out of his reach without the help of some consumables to amplify his damage output. He crushed the gem stone in his hand, the shards flying into his body, giving him a feeling of warmth as he struggled to restrain himself until the shadows attacked Shield. 

"RAAH!!"

The second the shadows had made their first mistake, Beat was on top of them, his form blurring just a bit more than it had before, his charge skill having gotten a slight upgrade. He spun with a familiar twist, his leg creating a twister that tossed the shadows away. He landed with a confident grin as he admired his handy work. 

"LOVE that skill!"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78834 results:

Shield HP: 680/680 - 34 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen
Battle: 8 - Hit Lion's Shadow - 3 dmg, Bleed rounds remaining: Lion - 1

Lion's Shadow           - HP: 165/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3
Scarecrow's Shadow - HP: 192/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3
Tin Man's Shadow     - HP: 192/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3
Toto's Shadow           - HP: 192/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3
MOB: 1 - Miss

The four creatures each had a dingy grey appearance to them, the clothing of the scarecrow ragged, and the fur of both animals thick and matted to boot. It created an odd chill in one's skin when looking at them. As Beat tossed them away, the lion landed the nearest, and with a swift downward swipe, he cut off the end of the creature's tufted tail.

It gave a roar, writhing on the ground as it fought to bring itself back to a standing position. Even as it tried to push itself upright though, Shield managed to kick its arm out from underneath it so that it sprawled back onto the ground. The others had regained themselves, rushing to the lion's aid, but as they closed on on Shield, the lion flailed out its muscular leg, knocking the scarecrow's legs to the side so that it lost its balance and ran into the tin man, who in turn ran into Toto.

In the center of the four collapsed foes, Shield stood scratching his head.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78835: BD: 14 (10+3+1) 

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: (14+2+6) * 6 = 120 + 24 bleed/rnds for 2 rnds

Lion's Shadow           - HP: 45/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 2 rnds
Scarecrow's Shadow - HP: 72/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 2 rnds
Tin Man's Shadow     - HP: 72/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 2 rnds
Toto's Shadow           - HP: 72/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 2 rnds

Beat [560/560] [33/56] 

Beat scratched his head in suit with Shield, chuckling as the quartet of shadows stumbled over each other. 

"Man...are these really enemies? They don't hit very hard and they're goofy. I almost feel bad that I have to beat them up." 

He sighed as his leg began to glow while he walked into the middle of them, he spun quickly as he they struggled to get up, the twister created from the force of his kick lifting them into the air and dropping them again, depleting more of their health. 

"One more, then they're done. If they have anything left, they'll need to show it now." He said, looking to Shield with a proud expression. Despite how strong their opponents had gotten, they had always been able to keep up with the pace. He was looking forward to exploring the frontlines with the older tank. Felling enemies while he diverted their attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78836 results:

Shield HP: 680/680 - 34 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen
Combat Action: Howl

Lion's Shadow           - HP: -23/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 2 rnds [DEAD]
Scarecrow's Shadow - HP: 44/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 2 rnds
Tin Man's Shadow     - HP: 44/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 2 rnds
Toto's Shadow           - HP: 44/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 2 rnds
MOB: 3 + 3 = 6 - Hit! 120 dmg - 111 mit - 54 regen = 0 dmg, Thorns - 28 dmg

Loot: 20 + 1 = 21, Craft: 6 - Perfect T2 armor

While Beat was busy having his little moment, Shield noticed a few eyes beginning to shift in the younger man's direction. After all, the man in question had done almost all of the damage so far. The only one whose focus had remained on Shield was the lion, who was busy nursing his severed tail and snarling, red pixels still trickling from the stumpy appendage. He took a deep breath, narrowing his eyes before letting the contents of his lungs fly.

"Eyes front and center, mongrels! The only one you need to worry about is right here!"

Three sets of eyes swiveled, landing squarely on the source of the shout. As one, the four of them pounced, baring nails and teeth and weapons, only to all fall back, coddling whichever part of their bodies were unfortunate enough to meet the razors that coated his torso. One, however, did not have long to do so, and the lion burst into a spray of red pixels that washed over the battlefield before dissipating into nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78837: BD: 9 (6+3) 

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - Dmg: (14+6) * 6 = 108 

Lion's Shadow           - HP: 0/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 1 rnds   [Dead]
Scarecrow's Shadow - HP: 0/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 1 rnds   [Dead]
Tin Man's Shadow     - HP: 0/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 1 rnds   [Dead]
Toto's Shadow           - HP: 0/340, DMG: 120, ACC: +3 | 24 bleed/rnds for 1 rnds   [Dead]

Beat [560/560] [22/56] 

 

Loot Roll 1: ID# 78837: LD: 18 (14+4) CD: 1 = x5 bonus col (x8 total) = 2720 col

Loot Roll 2: ID#78838: LD: 8 (4+4) CD: 11 = 1 T2 Material + 1020 col

Loot Roll 3: ID#78839: LD: 15 (11+4) CD: 6 = 1 T2 Rare Armor + 1020 col

Loot Roll 3: ID#79041: LD: 11 (7+4) CD: 5 = 1 T2 Rare Armor + 1020 col (Forgot to roll the fourth before) 

Total Loot: 

5780 col, 1 T2 Material, 2 T2 Rare Armor

The second the shadows took their gaze from him, his leg shone once more, their victory assured. 

"Whoops! Wrong guy dumb dumbs!" He said, spinning as his heel crashed into each of them. 

The shadows exploded into sprays of red pixels as be looked at his energy bar and smiled. Keeping his wits about him, he looked for the yorkshire, who had returned to scratching at the fence. Obviously leading them towards the cabin. 

"Alright, alright. I hear you. Not like we wouldn't check it out if you weren't begging us to follow you." He said, shaking his head and opening the fence. 

Toto scampered up to the door of the cabin and repeated his scratching and whining until Beat, once again, opened the door to the cabin. He looked around the aged cabin with an almost bored expression since there did not seem to be anything of interest in the small shelter. He looked to Shield with a shrug. 

"Okay, now what?"

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, the place wouldn't be here for no reason," Shield said with a shrug. "Might as well look around."

As he entered and began combing through the cabin, he stopped and equipped his loot items, hoping that their boosts might help them find what they were looking for.

Spoiler

ID# 78843 results: Loot: 19 + 5 = 25 - +1 Material (1 total)

As soon as the earring was in place, Shield's Seeking Aura trinket began to glow. He peered around through the dim light, thankful for the extra illumination. On the table, there was a bowl of fruit. Most of it seemed to be mundane and serve no purpose other than to flesh out the scene, but one of the oranges had an item tag. As he stored it, he noticed a picture on the wall of the same bowl of fruit. Squinting at it for a moment, he shrugged and continued searching the cabin.

"You finding anything over there, Beat?" he asked, giving half a glance behind him as he continued to search, poking around in a newspaper bin beside a moth-eaten recliner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78851: LD: 18 (14+4) = 1 T2 Mat found (1 Total) 

Consuming Ice Dream Cone: +6 Dmg/-3 Eva

Rest: 1/3 

Beat opened up a small chest he found in the corner and poked through it, eventually finding a valuable looking spool of silk marked with a material tag. He stashed the item in his inventory and closed the chest with a smile. 

"Yeah, some material, nothing else really." He said as his left hand deftly opened his menu and the ice cream cone Sey had given them during their guild initiation. 

As he neared finishing the delicious dessert, he began to notice that the details of his surroundings became a little less sharp and his ability to move the way he wanted to was somewhat hindered. He checked his status menu and noticed the alcoholic effect from the cone had finally applied. He smiled, rather enjoying the sensation until a rumbling noise began outside of the cabin as Toto began to bark. 

"What's happening?" He said, a slur in his speech. 

In a near instant a tornado had formed around their cabin. The rumbling became more intense and they could hear the structure groan and rumble as the force of nature lifted the cabin off of the ground and spun them wildly for several minutes. 

"AGAIN! WHAT. THE. HECK!?"

As quickly as the twister had formed, the home was set down with a small lurch. Beat had fallen to the floor with his ability to balance properly being hindered already. HIs stomach took a moment to settle before he stood and looked out of the window, seeing that they had clearly traveled some distance. They had been set upon a cliffside with no sight of their previous location. As his senses returned to him, Toto's scratching at the door to the cabin became more obvious to him. He looked to Shield. 

"I guess we follow?" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78852 results: Loot: 6 + 5 = 11, No materials (1 total)

Shield opened the door and stepped through, barely avoiding stepping on the dog as it scampered underfoot. He looked down, scolding the little canine. It was already much brighter here, and his eyes had to adjust to the sunshine as he stumbled behind the dog.

"Hey! Watch it!" he complained, watching Toto as he ran over to three figures who stood along the golden, brickwork path that led from the front of the cabin. "I might have known."

Before them were the originals of which they had only just fought the shadows, and of course, being from a generation a little older than most of the players in SAO, Shield had no trouble recognizing Scarecrow, Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion.

"Hey, Beat?" he said leaning over to his travel companion. "I don't think we're in Aincr- Nope," he said, cutting himself off mid-sentence. "I tried to play along, but this whole thing is very silly, and it wouldn't even make sense to say that because this is clearly still Aincrad."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78856: LD: 21 (17+4) = 1 T2 Mat found (2 Total)

 

Rest: 2/3

Beat, his inhibitions slowly fading laughed harder than he should have. He was walking fine, but he knew that he would have issues reacting to any mobs that came their way. 

"That's hilarious, what's that movie called?" 

He made his way out of the cabin, quickly understanding why Shield had made the reference he had. He fought back the urge the laugh as well as he could, an occasional snort or laugh escaping as he spoke otherwise cordially to the Trio of ridiculous looking beings before them.

"Wh-who are you and why, hahahaa!...Are you here?" Beat said, continuing to fight to urge to laugh at them as well as he could in his inebriated state. 

The Scarecrow cleared his throat before speaking in his silly tone, "We're here to tell you how to get to the witch's castle. You have to help us stop her!" The man of straw went to lean against the tin man as he finished, but he clumsily misjudged how close he was and fell comedically to that ground. At that, Beat lost it, falling to the ground laughing, grabbing a mushroom that had an material tag and stashing it as he managed to stop laughing long enough to speak. 

"They're....they're so funny!...strongest enemy yet!...hahaha! GG!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78855 results: Loot: 13 + 5 = 18 - +1 Material (2 total)

Shield groaned, leaning down to pick up the fallen scarecrow, as well as a spare bit of bone that had an item tag, and looking back and forth between him and Beat. This was just perfect. Between the one who had straw for brains and Scarecrow, there was likely to be a lot of stumbling and falling.

Yeah, yeah. I've seen the movie.

He rushed through the backstory as quickly as he could, taking note of the specifics as they differed from the film

Okay, so Dorothy has been captured, these three sent for us, and Beat can't hold his liquor. Got it.

At the mention of the missing items, Shield opened his menu, producing the two that he had.

"You mean these?" he asked.

"Precisely those!" remarked the Tin Man, clapping his hollow, metallic hands together like muted cymbals.

"The lion should get his back," added the Scarecrow. "You two should hold onto the other ones. They might help you. We'll get them back when it's all over."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78857: LD: 17 (13+4) = 1 T2 Mat found (3 Total)

Consuming Sharp Attack Cheddar [ID#76640] (+1 BD) 

Rest: 3/3 EP FULL!

As Shield and the comical trio talked, Beat had managed to collect himself. His ribs and abdomen were aching, but he had finally gotten his inebriated emotions under control for the moment. As was the case with all laughing fits, he still laughed a little bit here and there, but he was able to keep it under control as the trio finished directing them to the castle. 

"Nice! Well let's go then and save the girl!" He said, the slur in his speech a little bit less pronounced. 

They traveled all the way to the witch's castle with the trio, actually making light conversation. The developers of sword art online had really given the ai for the three characters some good thought.Sure, they were a little silly, but they were also people. This realization certainly helped Beat keep his emotions in check as they approached the dark castle which featured an ominous looking gate. 

"Sheesh, we get it, you're evil..." He said, pulling out a piece of cheese and eating it in preparation for the battles that were to come.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78858 results:

Shield HP: 680/680 - 34 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen
Combat Action: Howl

Werepanther  - HP: 172/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2
Werepanther  - HP: 172/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2
Werepanther  - HP: 172/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2
Werepanther  - HP: 172/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2
MOB: 4 + 2 = 6 - Hit! - 80 dmg - 111 mit - 54 regen = 0, Thorns - 28 dmg

Shield held out his arm to stop any of the NPC's go in ahead of him. Beat was strong enough if they got into a pinch, so he wasn't worried. Then again, as he stepped through the gate, his thoughts wandered to Beat's intoxication and he began to second-guess his judgment on that matter. Taking a second step, a chorus of snarling roars split the silence wide open, much like that of a pouncing tiger.

Four hulking, muscular beasts bounded out of the hazy fog that had descended once again as they approached the final tower. Each stood like a hunched man, but had the head of a panther and black, sleek fur covering its body. Having expected some form of resistance, Shield's lungs were already half full.

"Here, kitty kitty!" he shouted, the ferocity of it forcing them back a few inches.

Angered by his challenge, they each pounced, but immediately snarled and leaped back again, nursing injured paws.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78859: BD: 11 (10+3-2)

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - 30 (14+6+6+2+2) * 6 = 180 - 70 = 110 +24 bleed/rnd for 2 rnds

Beat [560/560] [44/56]

Werepanther  - HP: 62/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2
Werepanther  - HP: 62/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2
Werepanther  - HP: 62/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2
Werepanther  - HP: 62/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2

"HEYYYYY HEY HEY HEY HEY......hey!" Beat shouted, glaring at the panthers who appeared to be numerous, "How are there eight of you!? Either way, you're bad kitties!" 

Beat quickly launched himself forward, his charge skill blurring his form and making his initial attack swift as it always had. Once in range, he spun on his heel with surprising coordination and whipped his leg out. With his enhanced strength, his kick lifted the ground up in a circle around him as a fierce, but brief twister formed around him, enveloping the creatures and shredding their bodies as it lifted them and tossed them away. 

"*Hic* You guys...shhhhuck!" Beat taunted as he wobbled slightly from his drunken acrobatics. 

The image of the four werepanthers moved slightly and Beat was able to see that there were in fact only four. He smiled as he moved to follow up on the bleeding, severely wounded beast. 

"Gonna git'cha! hehehe *hic*"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78860 results:

Shield HP: 680/680 - 34 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen
Battle: 1 - 2 = -1 - Miss

Werepanther  - HP: 38/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2
Werepanther  - HP: 38/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2
Werepanther  - HP: 38/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2
Werepanther  - HP: 38/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2
MOB: 2 +2 = 4 - Miss

"Dear lord, am I glad that that buff is temporary," Shield sighed to himself, stepping out of the way so that Beat wouldn't accidentally step on his feet.

With his howl's effects still in place and their health so low, he knew that Beat would be safe no matter what he did, so he might as well put a little more damage out on the field. He pulled back his arm just as a drunken somebody stumbled into his path, he pulled his attack, but it cost him his balance, keeling over forward onto the ground.

At the same time, it seemed as if the panther creatures had chosen that same moment to strike. A number of glinting claws missed overhead as Shield fell, their points slipping effortlessly though the air with a sharp sweeping sound. Although he knew they posed him no harm, he still instinctively flinched, wrinkling his nose at the thought of real claws as powerful as these.

If I get back home someday, I need to remember never to piss off any large cats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78861: BD: 6 (3+3-2+1+1) 

Tornado Kick - 1x6 - AoE - 26 (14+6+6+2+2) * 6 = 156 - 70 = 86 

Beat [560/560] [33/56]

Werepanther  - HP: 0/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2 [Dead]
Werepanther  - HP: 0/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2 [Dead]
Werepanther  - HP: 0/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2 [Dead]
Werepanther  - HP: 0/200, Dmg: 80, Mit: 70, Acc: 2, Eva: 2 [Dead]

 

"Temporary, but you can't argue with results!" Beat said, chuckling as he continued to walk in what he perceived to be a straight line, eventually stumbling several steps before he caught himself. 

"Okay, guess I'm not running to you guys this time. Okay, try this one on for size!" 

Beat quickly performed two spins in quick succession, the first to whip up a twister and the second to send it towards the gathering of werepanthers. THe twister shredded the ground as it quickly ran through its targets, ripping them into red, pixelated shreds before dissipating. The trio of oz characters cheered enthusiastically.

"Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all night!" Beat said, having turned around and begun bowing at his captive audience. He frowned at Shield, "Hey, did you see that? I think I deserve applause don't you?" 

Beat was actually giving the man a hard time. He was fairly intoxicated, but he wasn't entirely unable to think. He knew well enough that Shield would give him props when he deserved them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78865 results: Loot: 18 + 5 = 23 - +1 Material (3 total)

"You can have applause when you stop embarrassing me in front of the NPC's," Shield complained, shaking his head as he examined the dialog box that appeared in front of him. "A key?"

Sure enough, the last of the werepanthers had in its possession a key that they had gained as a result of their victory. He summoned it from his inventory, inspecting the small black lump of wrought iron.

"That's what we need to get into the actual castle," said the scarecrow, gesturing to the key and almost falling over in the process.

"Well, it makes sense," Shield said with a shrug. "Or at least it does if you're really good at suspending your disbelief about how good of a grounds keeper a vicious, humanoid panther can be."

He tucked the item back into his inventory menu before turning to the characters.

"Well, lead on. We've come all this way, so let's go bag us a witch."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78888: LD: 23 (19+4) = 1 T2 Mat found (4 Total)

Consuming Lucky Duck Roast (+3 LD) [ID#75843]

Beat [560/560] [34/56] +1 EP Rest: 1/3

Beat weaved in a straight line as he followed the group, meaning he walked left as much as he did right, equaling a relatively straight path. He was thoroughly enjoying himself as he hummed the song from the Wizard of Oz and resisting the urge to grab Lion's tail. 

"So on a scale of 1 to punching bag, how punchable, how badly does this witch need her clock cleaned?" He said before laughing at how stupid the things he was saying were. The ability to be so slaphappy and still how how silly he was being was part of what made the drunken experience so much fun. As he continued to enjoy himself, his lucky ring glowed to indicate there was something nearby. With a slow scan of his surroundings, he quickly found a shimmering black stone that was being used as part of the stone courtyard. He quickly bent down and removed the valuable rock from its resting place. 

"Oh yeah!" Beat exclaimed, remembering the part of the quest where they would need luck to find the boss room. He ran through his menus and pulled out a large roast duck and began scarfing it down. 

Just like the familiar quest...

Tin Man looked back, unfazed by Beat's decorum or lack thereof, "Well, if you're asking how evil she is, she's the most evil being in the land of Oz. She wants to rule us all with a cruel and evil iron fist!" Lion cowered behind the Tin Man as they approached the entrance to the castle. Beat looked to Shield who still had the key in his hand, swallowing the last delicious bite of roast duck, feeling somewhat more sober.  

Man! Sey can really cook!

"Alright then! Punching bag it is! Let's do this!" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 78885 results: Loot: 2 + 5 = 7 - No dungeon

"Oh," Shield exclaimed, clapping his hands before opening his menu. "I think we mentioned that we would need this."

He summoned up the Lion's Mane, handing it back over to its original owner. The Cowardly Lion turned the item over in his hands cuddling the furry collar of a mane against his cheek and purring loudly to himself. That his not to say he purred like a cat. More specifically, he purred like a grown man doing a very over-enthusiastic cat impression.

"Are.... you going to put it on?"

The lion started, almost as if he had forgotten anyone else was there, and hurriedly pulled the hood over his head. The fur of the mane overlapped and melded with the mane he already had in place, though the ribbons and bows that had once dotted the edges of his leonine fur was replaced by a thick, full mat of red-brown hair.

"Rrrruf! Let's do this!" challenged the lion, boxing with an invisible witch. "Put 'em up... PUT em uupppp... Rruf!"

Whoever wrote in a lion that barks needed to have some screws tightened in their head.

With a sigh, Shield pulled out the key and opened the little side door into the castle. He swapped out his loot gear for his combat items, and turning to Beat, he passed him Finder's Keeper.

"Amassing bonuses to search for the boss room is probably in our best interest."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...