[F1-OP] Such a great Game (Day One RP) COMPLETE

It wasn't long after the big hooded Guy had told the players, that they were trapped in this game, that Hei was walking through the Town of Beginning. Unlik much of the other players he had seen the changing of their bodys did nearly nothing to him, as it always was his goal to make his charakter look as him self.
- So I already missed a great oportuinity for something to show the audience, I should quickly find out how to do some recording - With these thoughts Hei opened the menu by holding his right index finger against his thumb and doing a downwards movement with the rigth hand. Promptly the Menu opened and he begann looking at it, a bit puzzeled by the japanese letters, but after a few seconds he found what he was looking for. - There it was, the options menu, this had to be the place to find some kind of recording, wasn't it? -

Hey opened the options and looked through them, not finding a way to record his "screen". "Dammit!" he called out. - Well, then it will just be an article, maybe there will be some kind of plugin for the NerveGear for recording later -

So with no way of recording what he saw he began wandering through town, looking for a place to get a notebook or the like.

(ooc) Please just join in to Hei's first experience with the game

Edited by Hei

Solomon materialized nearby Hei, who just happened to be walking the along the same street. Solomon was a very late individual to spawn into the game, not for reasons he could control. He had no recollection of his memory, staring into the distance until he became conscious of his surroundings. Solomon could tell he looked different from everyone else immediately, added to the height variation between him and players that walked nearby. Solomon looked down out his feet. They were bare, but they made him feel different, and so were his hands and his visible chest through his silk shirt. The other people had cloths that covered the body, but the type of clothing he wore was vastly different. He wore an uncommon design of baggy pants, his hair a long dark blue color that was braided with beads and other adornments down his back. His eyes were also a darker blue, and he held nothing in either hand. The first question that popped into Solomon's mind as he saw himself was *What am I?, who am I and where am I?* He began to feel slightly dizzy, and therefore sat on the ground where he had once stood.He might need some time...

Hei notices a change in the lighting for a few second, and instantly begins looking around, trying to find the source of the change. He hadn't have to look for a long time, as he quickly sees a strange dressed player flickering with the light of materialization. - Hm, how is it he just materialized here? is there some way of teleportation I haven't heard of? Or maybe he is evidence of my multi server theory. let's find out - Hei thinks as he walks towards the new arrived guy.

"Greetings, I'm Hei. If you are into role play games of any kind it might be, that you have heard of me. " about five seconds till he speaks again "I write for a big gaming magazine at the moment and I have my own gaming blog, !Hei's Dungeoning!. At the moment I am looking for some notebook or the like, do you know where I can find some? " he says, bowing to the man sitting on the ground. He gives the other player a chance to introduce himself. While his brain is working on some theories about how the developers might have done the editing and creating of real word TV news.
@Solomon

Edited by Hei

Solomon's mind slowed, his concentration becoming more focused. However, Solomon was quickly disturbed by a man nearby. Simply put, the man was asking something about a notebook. Solomon hadn't a clue what a notebook was, but apparently, something was making this guy search for it. There were other words mentioned, but he had not a clue what most of them meant. Solomon glanced up, his expression blank to the man. He couldn't speak, his voice seemingly dead. However, a simple motion might express his answer. He lowered his head toward the ground, his chin against his chest. He took a brief second to think of any words, but none came to his mind. When he looked back up, he began to speak. "A skilled woodcutter that saws down a tree giving it a coat of coloring?" Solomon stopped speaking. The words he spoke were like a raging river, echoing like a massive mountain cave. Furthermore, Solomon couldn't piece his own words with the question from the man named Hei.

The stadium-like place where the hooded man had gathered the players was too crowded. Apparently, most players were still stunned in fear. So Airi left the area and wandered into one of the streets that were currently devoid of players. A few NPCs called out the prices of their wares as she passed by, but she quickly tuned them out and walked past them. What was the use of responding to them? They weren’t people, they were lines of code in a human form. And they were a part of this damned game.

She came to a stop at a place that wasn’t occupied by any NPCs. A male player was standing some distance away from her, muttering something to himself. He looked like a pretty average man: dark hair, black eyes, and taller than her. She didn’t want to start a conversation with him yet. No one wanted to talk to strangers right now. Not when the fact that they could die here was made clear to them. Everyone, in her eyes, was a potential killer.

Bile rose up in her throat. She couldn’t hold it in anymore. She turned away from the player, hiding the side of her face that was visible to him with her red hair, and let the tears fall. She counted them and heard their reasons as they dropped.

One, him. Him, him, him. Where was he? She hadn’t gotten his player name because she stupidly forgot to bring that up in every conversation they’ve had after he gave her the NerveGear. She didn’t know who he was, where he was. That one person in this game that she could have probably trusted to keep her safe. Two, that girl. His girlfriend. If she weren’t foolish enough to have cheated, she would have been stuck here instead of Airi. That was a thousand times better than this situation she was in. Heck, if they hadn’t even been lovers in the first place, he wouldn’t have bought the NerveGear. He would have bought another girl another present and both of them wouldn’t have ended up here. Three, this game. Unfair, unfair game. And that crazy developer. Why make a technological innovation just to kill people with it? Why trap innocent people? Why not the people rotting in prisons, give them some of that needed thrill in their life and effectively kill off the worst criminals by way of in-game death. Why her?

Airi let out a soft hiccup, decided that was enough (weak) tears for now, and listened to the player near her ask a question to another player that happened to pass by. Stuck in a death game and still concerned about his gaming blog. Was he insane? But then again, it might be his form of escape, like thinking was for her. The player he had asked responded in a completely broken way. It was clear that people still weren’t functioning very well after that announcement. It wouldn’t hurt to help someone at this time, right? And it would also be good if people start recognizing her as a nice person this early. It would make it a lot easier to earn people’s trust, if she ever needed it.

Airi wiped at her face with her sleeve and straightened. She assumed her normal, pleasant demeanor like she always did whenever she was outside and stepped out of the shadows, looking like she was just walking by and overheard the man’s question. “Good morning. I heard you were asking about a notebook?” she began. “Well, I don’t really know any of the items the NPCs are selling, but I can help you look around if you want. It’s not like I want to do anything else today anyway.”

(OOC: Hope you don't mind me barging in~ Info about 'him' and 'that girl' in her journal. And also, the reason why she goes on long thought rants a lot is cause she's generally the type of person who thinks too much.)

Edited by Airi
Format is so messyyyy @_@

Hei looked down at the man sitting right to his feet, wondering what he is thinking, as the man lowered his head, just to reply with some kind of strange introduction. - What was that with a woodcutter? was I mumbling, so he didn't understand my question? - were the first things going through his mind, as he looked at the man, his face showing his confusion just as much as the man's one. Hei just was about to check, if he understood what the man said, and if the man had understood Hei's question, as a stunningly beautiful girl walked towards the two men, stopping besides them to offer her help.

- this must be my lucky day, at first I get into a game of such great programming, that I have so much to write about and then a girl as beautiful as her appears out of nowhere. I must have done something right - he thought while he gazed at her, trying to remember as much of her beauty as possible. As he looked into her face he blushed a little, and tried to cover his feelings and his nervousness with a smile, but it didn't worked as well as he hoped. Showing a half smile and a light red face he bowed to the girl, and introduced himself. "Uhm, My name is Hei and ... ah, it's  good morning indeed. A well, good morning to you, too. " him not finding words mad him blush even more, but he hoped his hair and his head being faced to the ground while bowing would hide it. "You heard right, I am looking for a notebook, as I am an journalist and I want to take some notes for an article I've planned to do" he straightens up again, hoping that his face would not be red any more.

"If you'd really help me searching I would be thankful. um, so thanks already." with these words he looks to the ground, where Solomon was sitting. "Hey, did you understand my question? and what was that about a woodcutter? he asked while confusion again showed on his face.

(OOC: I don't mind, it's nice to have some more people here :) )

Airi noticed the man she had addressed blush, before looking to the ground, his hair shadowing his face so she couldn’t see if he was simply embarrassed or blushing more. She quickly reviewed the words she had said earlier. Good morning. Normal, average greeting. I heard you were asking about a notebook? Showed interest since she mentioned that she was listening to him talk, but the place was deserted and his voice was the only sound she heard so it was only natural that she would hear the whole sentence. …but I can help you look around if you want. It’s not like I have anything else to do today, anyway. In the real world, those two sentences showed A LOT of interest towards a person, but in the game world, offering help is considered as some sort of common courtesy.

So why did he blush? Eh, whatever, men are weird. It’s tiring to think too much about them sometimes. Airi then looked at the man sitting on the ground. Long blue hair, blue eyes, and wearing weird clothing someone from the desert countries would have worn. Easier to remember since he looked a bit unusual. And looked a bit dizzy and confused. “Do…you want to come with us?” she asked a bit hesitantly. He could (probably) be of some help once he recovered from his initial confusion. Then, turning to the black-haired adult in front of her: “I’m Airi.” She didn't offer any other information, and simply waited for the man to ask for it. This was a game, after all. She didn’t know their backgrounds, had no friend to recommend them to her, and no friend to protect her if things went wrong.

Hei used the short moment while Airi looked down to the strange blue haired guy to shake his head, trying to get rid of the the feelings. It was not that it really worked, as he again felt how happy it mad him just to look at Airi, but he regained control over his face, at least he hoped so. As Airi turned her head to him again, telling him that her name was Airi he just thought of how nice the name sounded, fitting for a beautiful girl as her. "Nice to meet you Airi." said, but it sounded a little cold, as he was concentrating on not stuttering again, and on correctly pronouncing her name. " You seem to be very kind, offering help, so I at least want to introduce myself as it should be. I am Hei and I am a journalist for a games magazine. I'm here to write an article and I haven't found a notebook to write down dome things. Within the game I use a spear, but it's no fun walking through the narrow streets with a long spear on my back. "  he bowed again, to show that his introduction was done.

After a short pause he asks: "What is someone as beautiful as you doing inside a game like this one? aren't there better things to do?" realizing that this could be seen as a really personal question he blushes again and adds "... you don't have to answer if you don't want to. And I have another question. Would you join my party, so we can't lose each other while in town?"

I’m a journalist for a games magazine. I’m here to write an article, which is why I’m looking for a notebook. I use a spear, but I don’t have it equipped right now. Airi summarized in her mind and mentally stored it away. He seemed like a nice person so far, but it still unnerved her, how calm (and even intrigued) he was about the whole death game situation. Then she realized that it would be rude if she didn’t give away as much information about herself as he just did. “I’m a curved sword user, but I don’t think I’m actually going to engage in combat during my stay here.” Truth. She can’t lie about that part, no matter how much it gave her weaknesses away. Besides, it gave a flaw that made personality believable to everyone.

What is someone as beautiful as you doing inside this game? Aren’t there better things to do? So THAT was why he had blushed. But wasn’t he too old to be interested in...her age? From her viewpoint, he looked to be around his mid-20s. Either she looked older than her current age or he just liked younger girls. Oh well, if it makes things easier for her. Now, how was her personality supposed to act again? She let in a deep inhale and brought up a specific memory in her mind. She avoided eye contact, shifted her feet nervously, and hopefully by now her cheeks were a bit pink. “S-Same as everyone. I just wanted to play since the premise sounded good and the VRMMO thing was really new.”

Party request. Her thought process slowed for a few seconds. What was a party in game terminology again? Was it like a temporary team or something? She hoped her guess was right. “Um…sure. But what about him? He sounded a bit out of it awhile ago, so I don't think we should leave him alone.” She gestured to the blue-haired stranger, looking concerned.

(OOC: @Solomon. Saw you weren't following the thread, so I just tagged you in case you just forgot. Are you still in or no?)

Solomon took notice to another figure coming from the shadows. As she approached the small duo, Solomon continued to ponder and reword his previous question. While Solomon sat, his question answered with another question, he knew that his question didn't connect with the man. Based on the skill of the woodcutter, he was making the connection between trees and paper for writing. However, it was not his fault. He knew nothing but words of which he didn't understand. He only knew what he wore, what people that walked around wore, his appearances to their appearances and . He looked up to see the red haired girl who spoke to Hei. She said her name, Airi, which he didn't recognize in the slightest. Hei asked what he spoke of a woodcutter. So, Solomon did something. Solomon took his index finger and began drawing on the ground. An elaborate tree being engraved with different shades and depths in the dirt, an ancient equivalenvy sign to symbolize the equality between his drawings, and a inscription of a scroll. He drew the symbols without knowing of there significance. When the girl with red hair gestured toward Solomon, which might have been for a second time, Solomon was aware. He looked up, his eyes glancing from one person to the other. Something was going on, as Hei's face was starting to become the same shade of red as her hair. However, he spoke simply with his booming voice to both of them like a raging river, echoing like a massive mountain cave. , "Who am I?".

Spoiler

Image result for dirt drawing of tree

Related image

Image result for drawing of a scroll

Edited by Solomon

With Airi telling him that she wasn't going to fight while in this game Hei was getting a little confused, as it was the whole sense of this game to fight, but on the other hand the girl in front of him shyly avoided eye contact, which wasn't a sign of big bravery either. So if she believed in this programmers words it would be natural that she was afraid. - she looks young, maybe younger than I first thought. ... should I ask her about her age? ... no, not now, this would be prude. - he said while he noticed the young man on the ground moving.

The man was drawing something on the ground, but at first Hei wasn't able to recognise the drawings, after a short while the first one was finished and it more or less looked like  a tree. - OK, so here's the woodcutting thing again, or at least a tree, what does he want to tell us? - The man continued drawing a complex sign on the ground, so Hei looked at Airi again, letting the man finish his "art". " I'll invite you to be part of my party then, and we will see what to do with the guy, as it seems he got some problems, too" with a quick swipe with his right hand Hei opened his menu, choose the party tab and invited Airi to his party. * party message: Invitation sent *

The man finished his drawings and Hei had another look at them. It was a tree, some strange circle with runes in it and a scroll. - this must be a joke, now he does not only speak strange things, he also draws them. maybe I can find out what it should mean. - he thought as the man looked at him and Airi, asking them who he was. - Ok, so he also has amnesia? Could this be some by effect from being transferred from one server to another? maybe simulated amnesia so the thrill of being in a death game wouldn't get killed. - "I can't answer this question, but if you accept my party invite I can tell you how your name is in this game" he said, while also inviting Solomon into his party. * party message: Invitation sent *

@Solomon

Solomon was lost, and his facial expression was absolutely blank. This man, Hei, was asking him to accept an invitation to be in his party. Hei told Solomon that he couldn't answer that question, the one that was more to double check Hei's. Even though Solomon didn't understand much, Solomon had a keen eye. He noticed that Hei was able to open something by swiping his hand to the side. Solomon reached out with his dusty right hand, which had been used to draw the images, and swiped in the same motion as Hei had. A notification popped up at about the same time. The notification alarmed Solomon, who quickly jumped up onto his feet and took a sudden step back, his feet now on the ground, his hands up as if to fight. However, a second of thought allowed him to calm down as he stood, staring at the invitation. There was a simple crossed line sign, while another was a slanted check mark. Solomon knew not what these signs meant, nor would he for some time from now. He didn't want to mess with anything past this, and therefore looked back at Hei instead of pressing either. He wouldn't know if Hei understood his problem or not, but he clearly didn't know what to do from this point. Solomon honestly did not understand anything that was going on. 

@Airi

Edited by Solomon

The strange man on the ground explained his confusing answer…with another confusing answer. Amazing. I totally didn’t even expect that! The sarcastic part of her mind snarked. But to be fair, the tree he drew was pretty. Maybe that meant that he was an artist before? Or he was some sort of woodcutter? Either way, the blue-haired man obviously had some type of amnesia. And she didn’t know how to deal with people who were clearly mental. Airi looked at Hei with an expression that said: “You talked to him first. You handle it.” She wondered if he noticed it.

The party request appeared in front of her and she tapped the ‘accept button’. So it was what they called a team after all. Their names (her name above Hei’s) appeared at the upper-left corner of her vision, along with their levels, health points and energy. It felt weird, how no matter where she looked, the names would stay in the same part of her vision and she could always see and read them clearly, even though she was looking to the right. Then a party request appeared in front of the blue-haired man, and he looked like he didn’t know what to do with it. Inwardly, she sighed. I definitely did not sign up for this. Outwardly, she said: “Hey, if you want to know your in-game name, tap the box with the check mark.”

As the man sitting on the ground looked up at Hei he opened his menu, the invitation opened up an there was a sudden movement with this guy. - is he afraid of an invitation? Wait, now he probably isn't afraid of the invitation, but of a thing appearing in front of him- he thought, while seeing Airi accepting the invite. Her name appeared beneath his and he would now be able to track her on the map. That was a nice feature to use within the town.

Solomon wasn't staring at his invitation any more, instead he looked to Hei, and it looked as if he wanted him to help. But before Hei could react Airi already told him to press the accept button. To assure the strange guy that it was what he should do Hei repeated it for him. " She is right, just press the right button, the one with the check mark. Then I'll be able to tell you your name"  while saying this he was thinking - he is really strange, I hope it will become better with the time. But it is good that he happened to appear here, not sure if he would be able to survive in this game all by himself -

To Airi he added "I will stay a moment and try to talk him to the basics, maybe it'll help. could you have a look at some of the merchants, I really meed a notebook?" and smiles lightly.

Solomon noticed out of the corner of his eye an unpleasant look appear on the Airi's face. Solomon didn't focus on that at all, as he needed to figure out his own probably quickly. Hei gave him a bit of assistance, specifying that he needed to press the one on the right and the one with the check mark. He didn't know exactly which symbol was the check mark, but he just pressed that exact one by random chance. His name appeared on the party list, beneath everyone elses. "Airi, Hei, Solomon" was the order of names Solomon saw in the top left corner. Solomon just took a breath as he didn't even attempt to read his name. However, his name was pleasant to look at on the list. Solomon quickly swiped his arm to the side and closed the menu. Those three names still remained, a simple reminder that he was in a party. Solomon couldn't know the significance though, and he just stood still. Solomon gave a slight nod to both Airi and Hei below him, showing that he was ready to go wherever they intended to go.

@Airi

Edited by Solomon

Airi nodded at Hei’s request and turned to leave. But at that exact moment, the blue-haired stranger finally pressed the ‘accept’ button and his name appeared below Hei’s. So-lo-mon. It was an unusual fantasy name, something she wouldn’t expect to see in a VRMMO. She turned around and gave the stranger she can now identify as Solomon a small smile. “Solomon,” she pronounced slowly, then told him her honest opinion. “Unusual name, in a good way.” Then she turned around and went back the way she came.

The NPC stalls were everywhere. There was a stall on both sides of the street and an NPC merchant even walked around with a cart, selling fruits. There were more players here than before and most of them were buying equipment and supplies. Planning to brave the areas outside the safe zone, maybe. Airi turned away from them and approached an NPC merchant that currently wasn’t doing anything. “Are you selling any notebooks?” she asked the merchant. Ordinarily, she would at least say hello first, but it was just an NPC, anyway. An A.I. with no feelings. There really was no need to be very polite.

“I’m not selling any notebooks. But you might be interested in my other-” Airi turned around, automatically closing the small box which listed the NPC’s wares and their prices. Another player stepped towards the NPC she had talked to and began talking, with all the niceties, as if the NPC was also a person, not just lines of well-written code. She didn’t like how it sounded. Airi walked toward another merchant’s stall and asked for the price.

As Solomon accepted the party invite Hei sees the name appearing in the party list. - This is a strange name, but not to bad. and at least I now can talk to him using a name- while he was still thinking Airi sad Solomon ... Unusual name, in a good way and so Hei hadn't to say Solomon how his name was. He was happy with this, as it was a strange feeling, having to tell someone how his own name was.

After this Airi turned around, to leave them to themself and have a look at some of the merchants. - So now I'll have time to help Solomon understand where he is, and who maybe. - Hei took a step towards Solomon, who still looked puzzled about all of this. "Hey Solomon" he waited a moment for him to accept that this would be his name in here, even if he doesn't remember that it was his name. " do you know where you are, and how you got here? " then pausing, so Solomon had a chance to answer before he would tell him more about the world he was in, in case he didn't know where he was.

@Solomon

Edited by Hei

Solomon stood, bewildered. Airi had left to find the "notebooks" Hei had asked for, which left himself and Hei. Hei took a step toward Solomon, and then he spoke, " "Hey Solomon" " do you know where you are, and how you got here? "  ". Solomon just stood still, his mind trying to recall any past memories from before he became conscious in this place. However, doing so was in vain. He could only remember what had happened moments ago, as well as some cultural things that he retained, such as speech and maybe some symbolic references. He raised his head slightly before giving his usual blank expression. He did not know where or who he was, nor did he understand why or how he had gotten the clothing he wore. His hair was longer than everyone else, he was taller than everyone else, and he had bare feet. Nobody else he had seen walked around without something to cover their feet, and that seemed to be the strangest thing to him. However, he didn't want to judge himself based on others, though he didn't have anything better to do. 

Seeing the blank expression in Solomon's face Hei doubted that the man would come up with an answer to his questions, so he just began telling the player what he thought he needed to know. " I see you don't remember much, so I'll help you to get used to everything. I hope you understand everything I tell, if there is something still unclear you can ask me."  - Ok, what does he need to know -   Hei thought and just began with the absolute basics. " You are in a VRMMOR, so this body is not really yours and everything you see does not really exist. There is some piece of hardware in the real world your body is connected with which allows your brain to feel and control things in this world. It's called the NerveGear and the game we are in is called Sword Art Online " he left a short pause for Solomon to understand this and to ask questions if he did not understand something of this.

@Solomon

Edited by Hei

Solomon listened with intent, as he needed the information to speculate the truth with the reality. It was as if he was memorized the words into his vocabulary... Solomon would then attempt to piece together information that he was given to form a new judgement to his reality. So, told by Hei, a piece of hardware is somehow connected to the actual appearance, the body. Hei then said something about the brain and feeling, to which Solomon only knew that the chest was connected to feeling. Solomon pointed to his chest when Hei said brain, nodding his head as he did so. Then, taking a brief second to come up with words, Solomon asked his question to Hei, "Then what I look like here isn't the original form, but only something altered from the "real world", a place that my actual appearance dwells?". Solomon then memorized the word "Nervegear" and "Sword Art Online", which he only recognized two of the four words in the phrase.

@Hei

Edited by Solomon