[F1-SP] Out for a stroll <<the First Few Lessons are Free>> COMPLETE

As Hei is walking through the Town of Beginning looking for some interesting particularities made by the creators of the game he sees an old man standing on the street. The man looks as if he is looking for someone, so Hei walks towards him, a little smlile on his lips, and asks him: "Greetings honored Man, I am Hei and I just happened to see you looking for something, is there any way I could help you?"
The old man nods his head and with a rough but friendly voice he invites Hei into his Workshop located around the corner.

"Good day to you, too. I am Zackariah the wise and this is my shop, the boiling potion. I am looking for new adventurers whom I can help understanding the world and who can help me by gathering some material I need. You're not an andventurer willing to help me by any chance?"  With these words he sits down in an rocking chair, looking up to Hei.

Hei takes a moment to think about this offer, thinking about a good way how to use this offer and the corresponding "Quest?" for his article.
- It's an interesting choice for something tutorial like to be hidden in a street all the way back from the big plaza. Maybe it's not even made for this, but just a nice introduction of the Quest System - he thinks, then he looks at Zackariah and say: "It would be a pleasure to help you good sir. What will it be I have to do for you?"

The old man lifts his head, looks at Hei and starts talking: "It's not that difficult, you just have to get some ingredients we can later use to craft some Healthpotions. First there are some honeyberriebushes just besides the town, if you've got two of them come back and I will tell you what else you have to gather."
There is a little ringing sound *System Information: Will you accept the Quest? Y/N* 

"Good Sir, I will do as you told me to, so we'll see again later." with these words Hei presses the "Yes" buttlon and a second sound is heared. *System Information: The Quest was accepted, to see your progess open the Quest interface in the mainmenu* Ignoring the system message Hei leaves the little shop and heads towards the edge of town.

Edited by Hei

Reaching the outskirts of the town of beginning Hei gets a first glance at the beautiful landscape of Aincrad.
- Wow, that's some amazing Landscape, I wonder if it resembles something the developers have seen in their lives.
But enough of sightseeing for now, there was something I had to do. -

Spoiler

ID# 78758 results:
Loot: 10 (nothing found)

So Hei starts walking around a little, looking for some berry bushes to find the honeyberries he was told to gather. While he is strolling around, not finding any bushes at all he just begins whistling an old tune he once heard while traveling through Europe.
While still whistling that tune he begins walking faster, realizing that he left the town at the wrong side. - Dammit, why has this have to happen to me, I am not a big fan of walking and its quite the way around the town, but just returning could make me look silly - With this in mind he began jogging around the town, trying to make it look like an intended training.

Edited by Hei

"Phhh... I am at the right destination now. I'll just have a short break." Hei says as he walks the final meters towards an extended meadow spotted by berry bushes.

Still breathing heavily Hei sits down in the grass, taking some time to catch his breath. He looks around seeing some boars walking on the meadow but he's not really concerned by them, as they won't attack without provoking them. Just a few seconds later one begins walking towards Hei and he realizes, that he has no weapon equipped.
"Hey you boar, just passing by, go and look for someone else. I'm no thread to you." he starts talking to the boar, slowly retreating. - Holy [censored], is it going to attack me? that wouldn't be that great, but at least I would have something to write on my article. - short break - damn, why don't I have a weapon? - with these thoughts Hei opens his menu, looking for his inventory. "ha, there it is. just one click and..." with the click onto the spears icon a nearly 2,50m long winged spear appears in Hei's hands. The boar leaves his collision course and Hei sights.

- Well, I'm up now, so I can at least have a look if there are some berries at these bushes. -

Spoiler

ID# 78760 results: Loot: 9 (nothing found)

After searching three of the bushes and not finding anything Hei sights another time and sits down to rethink his method of searching.

Edited by Hei

"Ok, how about I try this another way. I look to which of these bushes the boars go and search them" hey says to himself, while watching the boars wandering around, walking towards some bushes and ignoring others. After a short while he walks towards one of these bushes, his spear in both hands to be ready and defend himself in case on of these boars gets aggressive.

Spoiler

ID# 78797 Loot: 20 (found one)

As Hei starts searching the bush he finds a nearly fist big honey golden fruit smelling like caramel sweets. -This should be one - Hei thinks as he picks it from the bush. The moment he cuts the connection between the berry and the plant it disappears  *System message: One Honeyberry has been put into your inventory* and at the same moment a second message appeared *Quest message: one out of three found*

With the first berry in his inventory and a new way of finding them Hei's motivation returns and he begins wandering around again, looking for boars and which bushes they like

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKGy2IW52xYBPhcvVGatx

Edited by Hei
rolling dice

- It should be easy finding the missing two berries, as long as these boars just don't eat them all. And by the way, I should write this trick down, just as an example of the great development of the game, I don't remember having seen such natural behavior on some mobs in an mmorpg -

Hei continues looking for some more berries but this time he isn't that lucky. He brushes through multiple bushes, but there is not one of them to be found. "Yeah, that is what I love in these games, I am grinding for berries. Maybe I should just take a rest and retry it in an hour" and with these words Hei leaves the bushes

Wandering around, looking for a nice place for a pick nick Hei walks towards the woods, finding a fallen tree on a small hill. - It's a nice spot, I can lie down here and enjoy the sun and the nice breeze and maybe in an hour everything looks better. 

Spoiler

ID# 78798 Loot: 10 (nothing to be found)

Edited by Hei

After an hour the set alarm goes of and Hei opens his eyes again, slowly to not get blinded by the sun. A loud yawn comes from his wide opened mouth and he blinks a few times. - Ey, I'm a little tired, wasn't such a great Idea to sleep. But that's another interesting thing to see. I'm getting tired without having my real body doing anything. - Hei slowly rubs his eyes and sits up to have another look at his surroundings.

Hei takes a deep breath before he finally stands up, using his spear as an aid... Another deep breath. "Let's do this! These berries won't gather them self." he loudly says to motivate himself.

After a short stroll he arrives at the berriebushes and promptly displeasure rises up inside him. - uh, why do I do this? I bet there are way more interesting things to do, as fighting some beasts. - he starts brushing through one of the bushes, not finding anything. "Hei, it's just two more, how hard can it be to find them" he reassures himself while a thought flashes up inside him - This is sword art online, I should try doing this with my weapon, that must be the right way -

So Hei grabs his spear harder and begins spinning it around while slowly walking towards the next bush. A few feet before hitting hit the spear touches the ground, promptly stops spinning, but flies from Hei's hand, landing 10 meters away.

Spoiler

ID# 78823
Battle: 1 (critical miss)
Loot: 6 (nothing found)

Edited by Hei
diceroll

Seeing his spear flying through the air Hei realizes that he probably should not start a fight jet. - good to know, that there is the possibility to lose one's weapon. I will be way more careful now - he thinks while walking toward the spear. While he bends down to grab the spear another idea comes up and he interrupts his movement. Straightening up again he puts his foot under the spear, then kicks it up.

The spear flies right up and Hei catches it out of the air. - that's a nice trick, may come in handy one day. but now how do I activate the swordskills it shows in the menu? I'll just have a short look - with a swipe of his right hand the menu comes up and Hei scrolls through the menus looking for the skill part of it. *Skill System: Each swordskill is connected with a special "pre-motion" If it is triggered the system will take control to execute the skill*

Knowing that Hei looks at the few swordskills he can access and finds out what their pre-motion is. "Let's cut some bushes" he screams while running towards two more bushes, holding the spear in a thrusting position till it begins glowing. The next moment he speeds up, thrusts the spear with high speed and hitting nothing but thin air, as he misses the bushes completely.

Spoiler

ID# 78828
Battle: 2 (miss)
Loot: 7 (nothing found)

Edited by Hei

"Woaw, unbelievable that I can move this quick" Hei says, as he stops after his first attempt of using a swordskill.
Standing between two bushes, Hei decides to train some more, this time just some normal slashes and thrusts without using a swordskill.

After training five minutes Hei's aiming was much better and he actually stabbed some bushes with the long spear. Branches flew into the air, disintegrating into green and blue pixels. - This is real fun, I should've done that earlier. But it seems to not be so efficient. I haven't found a single berry since I started fighting the bushes. - with this in mind Hei swung the spear around a last time before putting it onto his back.

"Well, I'll just have a good look at the bushes I already hit, maybe there is a berry hidden somewhere" he said to himself while walking to the nearest bush, brushing through it but not finding anything of interest.

Spoiler

ID# 78868
Battle: 6 (hit)
Loot: 2  (nothing found)

Edited by Hei
rolling dice

After he decided that it might be a good idea not to slash through the bushes he wants to search for berries Hei quickly walks around, checking some bushes while his motivation drops to a point dangerously near to frustration. - what am I doing here? - he asked himself the second time this day.  -there should be a quicker way to do this. maybe I could get something helping me from the other players, but that would make me look bad, if I can't even find some silly berries - this motivated him enough to start another run of searching bushes.

Half an hour later Hei still hasn't found another berry. Resigned he dropped his head, looked at his empty hands and walks away from the bushes.
His dark hair hanging in front of his eyes he wasn't paying any attention and so he stumbled over something, falling to the ground he sights and just remains where he is at the moment.

Spoiler

ID# 78870
Loot: 7  (nothing found)

Edited by Hei
rolling dice

Hei stays at the ground and it takes some time until he grains enough motivation to sit up and take a look at his surroundings. There were some big trees and some nice looking grassy hills, but nothing of this mattered for Hei. At the moment he was looking at his choice to start of just running around and not looking at the starter guide he had gotten in town earlier.

He took a deep breath and opened his inventory, pressing the small book icon the starter guide appeared in his hands and he took a quick look at it. But the damn book wasn't saying a word about how to efficiently look for mats beside killing monsters, but that wasn't what Hei was looking for.

"God dammit, not even the guide is helping me. that's so lame. But I have to do this, I can't be beaten by a silly starter quest" With these words Hei jumps up, runs around looking for a tree which just looks like a bigger version of the bushes. Arrived at the tree he begins jolting it, but nothing falls out of it.

Spoiler

ID# 78872
Loot: 1  (nothing found again)

Edited by Hei
rolling dice

OK, so just jolting them was not working, maybe climbing up and having a look within the leaves would do better. Hei opened the inventory again, this time putting his spear into it, as it would surely be a hindrance while climbing. He spat in his hands, jumped and got a hold on the bottom branch. With some effort he was able to pull himself up onto the branch, from here it was much easier to get further up. Approximately at the middle of the tree he began looking in all directions, hoping to get a glimpse on one of the golden berries, but there was none here at all.

Seeing this Hei once again doubts his abilities in this game, at the same time a thought appeared out of nowhere - this is just a game, I wonder if there is falling damage or if I can do some great jumps? I mean I can use this spear and don't think that would be something my real body would be very good at. - And just to try he ran towards the outer edge of the tree, jumping from the branch and doing a nice back flip before landing on the ground, rolling over his shoulder to dampen the impact.

Spoiler

ID# 78873
Loot: 7  (and again)

Edited by Hei

"Yeah, that is fun. And it will definitely quicken my search as I really can just jump from the trees, not having to slowly climb back down"

With this new joy Hei begins climbing another tree, looking for some of these berries, but again there aren't any on this tree. This is a bit dampening his new enthusiasm but he concentrates on the positive and tries something even more adventures than jumping down from a tree. He climbs to the highest branch still thick enough to hold him, takes three steps and jumps towards the next tree, grabbing at a branch of the next tree. The shock nearly robbed him the breath, but he held on to the branch, hanging on the next tree, 3 meters above the ground.

Another deep breath and a released sight, then Hei pulls him self up, balances to the stem of the tree and takes a look. There aren't any berries here, but the branch he is standing on looks big enough that it wouldn't be a problem to sit down and have something to eat right here.

Spoiler

ID# 78874
Loot: 5 (how can it be? that's less than 0.1% chance)

Edited by Hei
rolling dice

Hei opened his inventory, looking for something to eat. - I already found out, that I get really tired in here, wondering if I could get really hungry and if so, if there is some consequences when not eating. But for the moment I'll eat one of these starter meals - Scrolling through his nearly empty inventory he finds some thing called "starter bun", so he clicks on the icon and a dry looking bun appears in his hand.

"Yummy, looks like it's from yesterday" he jokingly says while smelling the bun. It smelled like real food, that was some truly genius programming they had done with these VRGame. Taking a bite Hei noticed that it actually had the crisp of an yesterdays bun and it did not taste particular interesting or well, so he hurried up eating it with just three big bites and flicking some crumbs away, following their way till they disappeared into pixels.

With a little jump he went back down to the ground, just to see a small branch close to the ground holding a golden shining berry. "Oh yes, oh yes, that is what I want to see! " his euphoric crow was to hear loud and clear all over the place as he plucked the berry, putting it into his inventory.

Spoiler

ID# 78889
Loot: 19 (found berries)

Edited by Hei
rolling dice

*Quest message: two out of three found* was the message that appeared with a ringing sound only to be swiped away by the now smiling Hei. - just one more of these and I can return to find out what else I have to get. I hope it won't take as long as the last one  - while thinking about how long it took to find the last berry Hei wandered around, looking at the local plant life. 

-What was that?- There was a movement at the left border of Hei's field of view. He quickly turned his head, just in time to see a small squirrel like creature taking a berry and running to the next tree. With a quick swipe and a single click the winged spear appeared in Hei's hands, and with just two steps he was close enough to release a sonic charge at the small creature.

Hit by the blast of this extreme quick attack the creature exploded into pixels, and a message appeared in front of Hei: *Monster Drop: Golden Honey Berry | Y/N*  Quickly he pressed the accept button and a third berry was put into his inventory. Simultaneously another quest message appeared with a ringing sound. *Quest message: three out of three found -> return to Zackariah*

Spoiler

ID# 78891
Battle: 8 (hit)
Loot: 14 (found the third berry, yeah)

Edited by Hei
rolling dice

With a big smile on his face Hei made his way back to the town's entrance. As he arrived he opened the map just to check where exactly the old mans workshop was.
He sauntered through the nice looking town, stopping near some people to hear what they were talking about, but they where just NPCs not talking about anything interesting.

As Hei arrived at the workshop the old man was still sitting in his rocking chair as Hei left him. "Good afternoon mister, I have returned and I bring the needed berries. If I remember correctly you earlier said that there was something else to gather. " with these words Hei opened his inventory, took out the berries and giving them to the old man. Who with a smile and a gentle and friendly voice answered: " You are right, we need one more ingredient for the healing potions we will brew. It is a special kind of mushroom growing near the big lakes a bit north western from  here. If you could bring two of them we'll have everything we need." and with these words he took the berries from Hei, putting them into a cauldron on the table. "Sir, I'll be back soon with the required mushrooms." Hei said, while doing a small bow towards the old man. After this he leaves the shop, openeing his map again. - Ok, so this time I have to travel to the lakes... lucky me, they aren't far away -

Cheerfully Hei leaves the town again, heading in north western direction towards the big lakes. - what a view, this is beautiful - he thinks as he sees the lake for the first time. His mood gets even better when he arrives at the lake and touches the not to cold water. "Another one for my article, maybe I'll go swimming some time later" with these words he once again puts his hand into the water, splashing it into the air and laughing.

Stretching his neck he got up again, letting his view wander around on the lookout for some of them mushrooms, but where ever he looked there was just grass and reeds and nothing that was close to being a mushroom. - well, seems that I have to wander around a bit more and have a closer look. maybe they grow between the dense reeds  - he thought, still in a very good mood.

Spoiler

ID# 78928
Loot: 6 (nothing found this time)

Edited by Hei
rolling dice

A bland breeze came from the lake, creating ripples on the mirror like surface and making the sunlight reflect in all directions. "huh... what a nice thing to see. I wish there was anyone I could share this view with." he mumbled to himself while strolling around the lakes shore.

As he came closer to a big cluster of reed Hei left the shore to have a look at the reeds. Shoving them aside with his muscly arms and looking towards the ground in hope to find a mushroom. But there wasn't a mushroom, just more reeds. - Does it really start being like with these berries? I hope it'll be much easier to find the shrooms. -

Once again Hei's motivation went low, but the view of the beautiful lake and the hope to be done soon was holding him in a grim state of working moral. There was no way he would abandon this quest even if it was boring to just walk around searching for mushrooms.

Spoiler

ID# 78929
Loot: 3 (not found anything now)

Edited by Hei
rolling dice

Hei strolled around some more until he saw a small bird, maybe some kind of hummingbird. The colourful animal whooshed through the clear air, searching for some flours to drink from. With a joyful face He watched the small animal, fascinated by its rapid movements and the pure beauty it emitted. "someone programming such beauty is truly a master of his art, and there must be some meaning to it's existence I will uncover. Maybe it remembered the artist of his childhood or the like."  Hei once again mumbled to himself while opening the menu to open the notice tab and writing down some infos about the small bird.

Short after that the hummer dashed away, across the lake towards some pinkish flowers. Now Hei could concentrate on his task, of finding some mushrooms, again. He looked at some more of the reeds just to find nothing of interest. - maybe over there, where the flowers are, maybe the mushrooms are there too -

Spoiler

ID# 78930

Loot: 6 (and once again nothing found)

Edited by Hei
rolling dice

Hei decided, that the shore across the lake looked promising, so he was about to move over to there when he had an idea. - why not using the chance and have a swim. The water wasn't that cold and it would be much more fun than just walking around the lake - So he once more opened the menu to have a look at his equipment and see  that he had the starter cloth armour and some standard cloth on. Taking of both of them he stood there with just his underpants on, which would be usable bathers.

With a loud crow and a massive splash he jumped into the cold water, diving into it and emerging a few meters ashore. - This is definitely a thing I could get used to. Maybe I'll come here again tomorrow just to have a swim. -  He taught while he took a deep breath and dived back into the lake's waters. As he opened his eyes he saw a mystical landscape with green algae forests and glimmering rocky hills. Holding his breath he dived a bit deeper still amazed by the view.

A while later he reached the shore and got out of the water. Still wet he moved away from the shore a little, shook his head so water sprayed from his wet black hair. "That was good." he said loudly as he stretched and flicked away some water from his body. While drying he walked through the beautiful pinkish flours he had seen from the other side and there he saw a small reddish mushroom spotted with blue. As he collected it and put it into his inventory a quest message appeared with a quiet ring sound. *Quest message: one out of two found*

Spoiler

ID# 78931
Loot: 15 (yeah, a shroom)

Edited by Hei
rolling dice