[F1-PP] The Emerald Hatchling <<DHA 1>>

@zero_lost04

"A floating castle in the sky..." Hydra sighed as he rested against a tree on the first floor, in a daydream like state. Today he had headed out here on a goose chase, or perhaps 'dragon chase' was more suited. Recently news of this new quest had spread across the whole of Aincrad, a set of quests to find gems which in turn would allow the players to receive entry and perhaps uncover legendary items. Of course whilst that all sounded great at the same time practically everyone had heard the news and by now had set off on the quest. "A little late." The spearman thought to himself, at the very least he would get some skill points from it. That was not the only reason he was waiting however, in order to speed up the process he had recently sent out a request to the players of the first floor. Someone to help accompany him on the adventurers, he didn't really know who would show up but the gathering point was currently at the tree he was dozing off under. 

[This is the first quest to the DHA quest series, found here]

"Starter heavy blade,check, starter iron breastplate, check.  Blue shirt, black pants, silver hair, everything seems to be checking out correctly.  I suppose now is as good a time as any to get started."  Zero took a deep breath as he headed along the path to meeting place.  Even though he had just started the game, he had decided to answer the call of a higher leveled player who made mention that it was something to do with dragons or maybe a baby dragon.  Either way, Zero knew that this was an absolutely foolish idea overall.  A literal brand new character in a game with only starting equipment, agreeing to hunt a dragon, even a baby one, was not a sane decision for th emost part.  Still this was how he had always played games, there was little reason in his mind to start out doing the easy things, beginner quests and their rewards while helpful, would remain until a later time.  In the mean time, the quickest way to determine his skill in the game and truly push himself in order to improve his skills required a real challenge and he thought that this was the best way to go about it.  That being said, there was no guarantee that this player would accept his hep, there was also always the possiblity that this was a PK player ssetting a trap, though with any luck if it was, Zero would be considered too small time to bother with and would simply be sent on his way.  The other possibility of course was that this was real and that filled him with excitement, fighting a dragon so early on would be an incredible rush.  After a while, Zero comes across a small clearing with another player, this player was lounging in front of a tree, possibly taking a nap.  That tree was the designated gathering point for anyone who wanted to take on this quest with the player, so Zero assumed that this player was the one who had put out the call.

"Excuse me, are you the one who put out the request for players to join to hunt the dragon?  Sorry if I'm a little late, I'm still pretty new to the game and I wanted to make sure that I didn't get lost."  Zero says as he quickly steps up to the other player, though making sure to start several steps away just in case.  Better to be cautious and introduce yourself than to be overly friendly and possibly pay a price.  If everything went well, this could be a lot of fun and really great way to propel him into the game and possibly help him come up with some more advanced battle strategies and techniques than most begining players got but doing those starter quests.

A half hour passed before the player showed up. Hydra, only half awake by this point opened his eyes and glanced towards the stranger in bewilderment, "Huh?" It took him a moment to regather his thoughts, suddenly remembering the reason as to why he was here. "Oh forgive me. I must have fallen into a slumber." The spearman laughed, standing up and bowing his head to greet the player. Judging by their appearance and the fact the player had just told Hydra he was new to game signaled a lower level player, that was fine but it'd mean more preparation for the fight ahead, although from what Hydra could recall from the information brokers, the battle ahead was nothing too serious. "No worries, thanks for coming to help, my name is Hydra a pleasure to meet you" Hydra smiled lightly, pausing for a moment he needed to mention something, although his mind was still a little hazy. "Hmmm... Oh yeah, now I remember." Turning back to face the player "Just so you know now this orange cursor means I am a player killer." He gestured up at the cursor above his head. "Please don't be alarmed, I have never killed an actual player only an NPC. Still, if that makes you feel uncomfortable in any way I won't hold it against you if you leave now."

@zero_lost04

Upon speaking to the other player, he appeared to be surprised, almost as though he was jarred awake suddenly from sleeping.  Zero didn't think he was that late to arrive to the area, but then again, he had a sneaking suspicion that due to the nueral interface that this game used, that the perception of time was extremely different between here and the real world.   He noted the friendliness in the man's words as he introduced himself as Hydra.  It didn't take long for Zero to notice the orange cursor above the man's head.  Having read up on the game extensively before logging in for the first time, he was well aware that an orange cursor was the indication of a Pker.  It was nice of the game to give players an indication of that, though Zero decided that he would wait a moment and see if the man said anything before he made a decision on that.

Hydra actually brought that point up, unprovoked and explained the significance of the orange cursor but also why he had it.  He claimed that he had only killed an NPC, whether or not that was true because it would seem odd for a game to assign the same level of indication for killing an NPC and killing a PC, but ultimately Zero decided that he didn't care.  Hydra was under no obligation to explain the Orange Cursor and if this was a PKer's trap, it didn't serve his purposes to openly admit to it and say why he had it.  Zero closed his eyes for a moment and nodded his head before responding.

"I had read up a little bit on that, seeing an orange cursor was supposed to be an indication of a PK'er.  While that might worry some, I'm not one to have a concern about it.  Your reasons for having that orange cursor are your own.  You asked for someone to accompany you on this quest, I wanted to get some real experience in the game, not the weak, hand holding beginner quests, but a true understanding of how things work here.  Regardless, I am quite ready to get started on this quest if you are.  Oh, before I forget, I have chosen the handle zero_lost04 for this game, but you can refer to me however you would like."  Zero took several steps forward and extended his hand for a handshake as he introduced himself.  He truly wasn't that uncomfortable, he personally did find it a little funny that the first actual PC he met in the game was tagged as a Pk'er.  Others might have considered that a sign of ill fortune, but Zero decided that it was a good omen, that his adventures here would be quite exciting and interesting to behold.

"I guess that settles it then," Hydra continued in his friendly light-hearted attitude. "Zero it is." Taking a step back he glanced at the player's weapon. "Forgive me for asking but have you been in combat yet?" The spearman didn't say it in a patronizing way, it was far more sincere. To be honest to him it wouldn't make much of a difference to him if a frontliner showed up. He valued people based not on appearance or power level but their personality, character, and actions. "If it helps we can fight some boars first." Judging from the information collected he could possibly kill this first dragon in a few hits, however, he was not the arrogant type, even the weakest foe could gain the upper hand and it was better for them to go in prepared then completely blind. They must have been a couple hours walk away from the actual sighting as well, the adventurer was certain they would encounter some enemies along the way. Hydra equipped his spear, quickly followed by his amulet and then finally his shield. "Alright, we should be good to go. I can't imagine anyone else is coming at this point."

@zero_lost04

Zero nodded at Hydra's decision to just call him Zero.  It was what he prefered anyway, though he knew that Zero was a pretty common name in online games.  He had to let out a little bit of a sigh and changed his nod to a no when he was asked if he had had an opportunity to try out the combat system in the game yet.  He truthfully hadn't wanted to mention because he was worried that if it came out, the other player would turn down his help, however meager it would be, but his own personal code of honor prevented him from not speaking up when asked directly about it.

"While I haven't had any experience directly with the combat system with this game, I did do a lot of research on the topic before I logged in.  Unlike most MMO that use a standard controller, because this game uses a nueral feedback system, it allows for a greater range of motion and more complex movements and strategies than simply Press X to attack.  In the real world, you would allow the weight of the blade to generate the momentum for the attack, allowing gravity and the basic laws of motion to bring the power behind the blows, while I would be more of a guiding force behind the blows, directing them where I wanted them to go.  This is all theoretical to me of course as I have yet to engage in combat, if I am to be completely honest with you, this is actually the first thing I've done in the game, I haven't even bothered with the Beginner Quests yet.  Still, if we happen to run into some enemies on the way to the dragon nest, I wouldn't be opposed to trying out my blade and seeing what I am actually capable of in this game."  Zero realized that he was being a bit long winded, likely saying things that the veteran player already knew.  Once he realized what he was doing, he tried to wrap it up quickly and add in a bit more truth about his own situation so that he could be honest with Hydra about his level of skill when it came to this game.  Before he had left the starting area to meet up with Hydra, Zero had made sure that his starter equipment was indeed equipped in the right spots so that he could at least have a little bit of attack and defense ready to go.  He stepped up near Hydra, though just slightly behind and to the right of him, acknowledging that Hydra was the join to lead on this little adventure, especially since Zero had no idea where to go anway.

"Hydra don't forget me!" The sound of Mist's voice bounded across the fields of the first floor, a few nearby doe that had previously been hidden amongst the brush bounded up and away at the sudden calls. It must have taken a few moments before the young spearwoman reached the pair of players, she was completely out of breath and nearly collapsed for a moment. After regaining her breath she looked towards the pair "I am ready for the quest." She certainly didn't look it, as before her two-handed assault spear towered over nearly double the woman's size. Still, she could use it and that was all that mattered in a life and death scenario. Forgetting her manners she turned to the other player and bowed. "I am Mist, it's nice to meet you!" Then in almost as instant, refocused her attention back to Hydra, "Now let's kill some boars, or snakes, or whatever this quest is. Sorry, I forgot the details." She laughed awkwardly. Truth be told she was going to read over the information Hydra had sent the night before, but her curiosity had gotten the better of her and she had wandered off completely forgetting about the whole situation, hence the rather late arrival this morning.

Hydra was impressed by the analysis and research Zero had already done, the spearman was right in the sense that the player hadn't been out in combat at this point in time, yet the person stood before him certainly seemed to already have an understanding of how the combat all worked, truth be told Hydra was still finding out different maneuvers himself. He wasn't the most adept at fighting he only did it to try and help, well at least that was what he told himself. "I think you'd make a good frontliner." The spearman smiled, nodding at Zero, just before they got a chance to be on there way,  a sudden cry echoed from beyond the hills. Hydra instantly recognized it as Mist, a player he had met on that first fateful day and then not seen for another couple of months. He had bumped into her a few weeks ago scouring the forests of the second floor. In any case she was a good friend of his, if not a little energetic. "Your lucky we were just about to head out," He said a with a weary and slightly hopeless smile on his face. Nether the less he was happy to see her. "I didn't realize you had the invitation though." The brunette said curiously... "Has she been following me again?... No never mind." Shaking his head slightly he let Mist introduce herself to Zero and then they could begin. "I guess we can head over there first," Hydra pointed at the brow of the hill, a rogue boar could be seen lazily sleeping under a tree.

Zero was actually a bit taken aback by first words that Hydra said to him.  He'd make a good frontliner?  Well that might be the case one day, but right now he knew that was miles away from being anything close to that.  Before he could even entertain thoughts like that, he would actually need to put some of the theory into practice and see how things went.  Still, such a compliment was one that he didn't take lightly, while he was intent on one day getting to that level and hopefully being a pretty well known and powerful player, today wasn't the day to dream of things like that, he needed to remain grounded in the here and now.  After all, while the dragon hatchling they were going to be going after likely wouldn't give Hydra much trouble, if Zero was to somehow generate just enough hate to become the primary target, he was pretty sure that he wouldn't be able to stand up to even a single blow from the dragon baby.  Just as they were about to depart, a girl runs up to the two of them, she was carrying a spear that was massively oversized for her character.  It was appearant almost instantly that she was a friend of Hydra's, though there was a look of confusion on his face as though he hadn't expected her to arrive.  She turned and bowed and introduced herself as Mist.  While he saw her almost immediately refocus on Hydra, Zero still decided to extent her the same courtesy that she had extended him and he puts his left arm over his midsection as he bows slightly.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Lady Mist.  I use the handle zero_lost04, but for simplicity's sake you can refer to me however you like, though most just typically refer to me as Zero.  As for the details of the quest, I think that the full details would be better for Hydra to detail to you.  I'm just here to offer whatever help I can."  Zero introduced himself and then allowed himself to turn back to the postion that he was before.  Hydra then pointed out a boar on the brow of a nearby hill.  He supposed it was a good idea to start with something a bit easier to deal with than going straight into combat with a dragon baby and then finding out that his theories on how combat worked in the game meant nothing.  It would be good for him to get some real combat experience before jumping into such a big fight.

"Well, whenever you two are ready, I am more than happy to get started, a boar seems like an excellent opponent for me to get my first taste of combat in the game, it should be a good bit of practice for me before we get started on our real target for the quest."

"Hmm, Zero works well." Mist smiled tilting her head to one side, in response to Zero. At that point, Hydra pointed out a boar on the brow of the hill, Mist turned to look at it, the beast didn't look particularly intimidating but with how the combat system worked there was a chance it was based off Hydra's stats than the floors stats. "I'm going to wait for you to attack it first, there could be more as well." She said turning back to the brunette. By the looks of it Hydra had enough survivability to stand against packs of boars and whilst Mist was excited to get started she understood the hate system at the very least in this game, once Hydra had achieved a safe amount of hate, she and Zero could then engage and hopefully practice using their sword arts. Once they had all set off she tailed after the other two players a sparkle of wonder in her eye. It didn't take to long they had neared the brow of the hill, Hydra made no attempt to enter stealth. Mist laughed to herself at the thought, his shield looked heavy enough, although the boar did notice them. Slowly staggering to its feet it glared at them and squealed, a few moments later two more boars appeared. "Umm..." Mist looked nervously at Hydra, although he seemed calm and unnerved by that fact. "I guess we are still okay then." She mumbled to herself nervously.

Hydra - 755/755 | 13 Damage (16/wskills) | 66 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 74/74 Energy

Mist - 20/20 | 4 Damage | 2/2 Energy

Zero - 20/20 | x Damage | 2/2 Energy

---------

Black-Tusked Boar - 370/370 | 111 Damage

Brown-Tusked Boar - 8/8 Health | 5 Damage

Brown-Tusked Boar - 8/8 Health | 5 Damage

Hydra watched as the boar huffed outwards and prepared its charge attack. Not long after two more boars showed up. "This could make things a little trickier." The spearman thought to himself, taking a slight breath of air in. Turning back around he looked at Mist and Zero, "I can distract the attention from the boars, I may need to get a hit or two in first though. If you wish to attack then you might be putting yourselves at risk but for the most part we should be fine. If you two could take care of the smaller boars I can handle the big one."

Hydra didn't notice that the triplet had already begun its descent towards them. "Huh?" Glancing over his shoulder and realising the situation he spun around and charged at the biggest enemy activating <Dragonfly Cutter> to ensure it couldn't move. The two smaller boars attempted to stop him, but they were easier enough to side step out of the way from. "If you two are going to attack I would recommend doing it now."

ID# 79161 results:

Battle: 4+3 (hit)

<R2 Charge activated>

<Ferocity passive> 

SA: Dragonfly Cutter <4x2> stun = (13+2+1) x 8 = 128 Damage to 'Black-Tusked Boar'

MOB: 2 (miss)

---------

[H:1] Hydra - 755/755 | 13 Damage (16/wskills) | 66 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 63/74 Energy [-11EN]

[H:0] Mist - 20/20 | 4 Damage | 2/2 Energy

[H:0] @zero_lost04 - 20/20 | x Damage | 2/2 Energy

---------

Black-Tusked Boar - 242/370 | 111 Damage (Next turn stun)

Brown-Tusked Boar - 8/8 | 5 Damage

Brown-Tusked Boar - 8/8 | 5 Damage

• 2 weeks later...

Within moments of introductions and travel, the group found itself in front of what appeared to be a very powerful boar.  Zero hadn't quite figured out the mechanics of the monster spawn system yet, so he wasn't sure if it was set for a spawn against himself, Hydra or Mist.  Two more smaller boars quicly appeared, creating a monster trio to meet there own.  Hydra quickly leapt into action, attacking the larger of the three boars with a powerful sword art technique while getting the attention of the other two as well.  The fact that the big one didn't immediately die despite what was pretty clearly a powerful hit, told Zero that the black-tusked boar at the very least was way out of his league.  That, hopefully, meant that the other two were spawned to be more in line with his and Mist's levels.  Taking a deep breath, Zero looses his two-handed straight sword from his back and places the flat of the blade on his shoulders.

"I definitely didn't come this far on  my first adventure to be scared away by some boars.  If I don't go now, I won't be any use for the rest of the quest and that is unacceptable to me."  Zero says as he takes off in a dash towards one of the brown tusked boars.  rather than putting all of his physical strength into this first strike he decided he wanted to play it a bit safe and go with a simple attack.  Leaping up slightly and heaving off with his shoulders, Zero brought the blade up and then let gravity bring it down, using gravity and the weight of the blade to generate the power the attack instead of his own muscles.  This actually proved to be a poor decision, as without as much extra speed, the boar was able to dodge the attack and get out of the way, causing Zero's blade to embed itself into the ground.  Thinking quickly, Zero used the stuck blade as a pivot, swinging his body, hopefully, out of harms way, while using his body weight to pull the blade from the dirt and ready himself.

"I can't mess up like that again.  If I'm going to get stronger, I have to be smarter about the way that I attack."

ID #80015

Battle: 1 (critical miss)

[H:1] Hydra - 755/755 | 13 Damage (16/wskills) | 66 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 63/74 Energy [-11EN]

[H:0] Mist - 20/20 | 4 Damage | 2/2 Energy

[H:0] @zero_lost04 - 20/20 | 3 Damage | 1/2 Energy

---------

Black-Tusked Boar - 242/370 | 111 Damage (Next turn stun)

Edited by zero_lost04

Mist watched as Hydra went forth first. He activated a rather powerful looking sword art which seemed to stun the larger looking boar and distract the smaller ones attention. Zero followed up not long after, his own attack missed its target but still seemingly looked powerful as it dug itself into the ground. "Guess its my turn." Mist thought to herself. Tilting her head she looked at the two weaker looking boars, Zero had already engaged with one of them so she supposed it would be a good idea to aim for the other. She lowered her spear as though it were a lance, the metal shaft parallel to her arm and in a horizontal position. Then with a spring in her step she launched off the ground charging head first at the boar. What she lacked in brawn she made up for in her agility, as the spearwoman drew within inches of striking range she attempted to jump over the MOB, quickly pivot and lash out at its back. The spear lightly grazed the fur of the animal, "Looks like I sprung a little to high."

ID# 80248 results:

Battle: 5 (miss) [-2/+1En]

[H:1] Hydra - 755/755 | 13 Damage (16/wskills) | 66 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 63/74 Energy 

[H:0] Mist - 20/20 | 4 Damage | 1/2 Energy

[H:0] Zero - 20/20 | 3 Damage | 1/2 Energy

---------

Black-Tusked Boar - 242/370 | 111 Damage (Next turn stun)

Edited by Mist

Hydra watched as both fighters went in for there own attempts, the spearman knew it was Zero's first time after being told. He wasn't sure about Mist however. In any case the display was impressive, the sword user went first essentially going for a strike from above, the boar had managed to read Zero's move but for a first strike it was remarkable to see such athletic ability. At the same time Mist also seemed skillful, she was agile and able to flank the boar, only to fail by miscalculating her momentum. "I wish I had been this good when I started." Hydra laughed lightly to himself, failing to realize the two smaller boars charging towards him. Each boar attempted to gorge a leg, as swiftly as he could the spearman rotated his body raising his shield to deflect both attacks. The bigger boar was still suffering from the stun effect. "Now..." Hydra mumbled as the opening presented itself, charging straight past the two boars he activated merciless flurry, and circling around the larger boar dug his spear deep into its body. The damage it sustained appeared to be critical but not enough to kill it.

ID# 80641 results:

Battle: 6+3 (hit)

SA: Merciless Flurry (12x1) = (13+1Ferocity) x 12 = 168 Damage to Black-Tusked Boar

MOB: 7 (stunned)

10-66 Mit = 2 Damage

---------

[H:2] Hydra - 753/755 | 13 Damage (16/wskills) | 66 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 51/74 Energy 

[H:0] @zero_lost04 - 20/20 | 3 Damage | 1/2 Energy

---------

Black-Tusked Boar - 74/370 | 111 Damage (Stunned)

All of the boars went straight after Hydra.  Zero quickly made a mental note of this fact and noted how aggro or hate worked in this game.  He would need a bit more information to gather all the details on how the aggro system worked in this world, but it was good to know that just because he hadn't landed an attack on the Brown Tusked Boar, there was no aggro generated which meant that he wasn't in danger of being attacked.  He was pretty sure that this wasn't always the case and that if he had generated some hate himself, in perhaps a different fight, the results could be different and he could find himself on the receiving end of an attack.  

Zero moved in to make another attack and hopefully fell the boar before it could do any more, minor, damage to Hydra.  However, Zero hadn't really been paying attention to his footing.  That was something that he had never had to do in a game before, while he was aware of what he would need to do, his brain didn't really register it and he tripped slightly, causing his attack to go wide right.  He let a small string of curse pass from his lips under his breath, quietly cursing himself.  He demanded better of himself.  If he was stuck in this game, he needed to grow stronger and the only way he could do that would be to get better at fighting.

Roll Id: 80768

Battle Dice: 4 (Miss)

2] @Hydra - 753/755 | 13 Damage (16/wskills) | 66 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 51/74 Energy 

[H:0] zero_lost04- 20/20 | 4 Damage | 1/2 Energy

---------

Black-Tusked Boar - 74/370 | 111 Damage (Stunned)

Brown-Tusked Boar - 8/8 | 5 Damage

Brown-Tusked Boar - 8/8 | 5 Damage

Edited by zero_lost04

As the battle raged on the larger of the three boars grew weaker with each hit. Mist was glad she hadn't bumped into such an opponent alone, yet to be honest it only had these stats because Hydra was here in the first place. Turning back to face her own target she took a slight breath in. "Okay let's see if I can land a hit this time." Then rushing forward she raised her spear high and struck out at the boar, once again trying to flank it. This time her weapon went wide, as she activated her sword art it missed the creature, not even grazing it. Both her and Zero were now on 1 energy, they'd only have enough to perform basic attacks. "Hydra can you help clear these boars?" She asked the spear user. In this game she had come to understand that certain sword arts had area of effect abilities, if he was able to use it then they could move on with the quest.

ID 80898:

Battle: 2 (miss)

[H:2] @Hydra - 753/755 | 13 Damage (16/wskills) | 66 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 51/74 Energy 

[H:0] zero_lost04- 20/20 | 4 Damage | 1/2 Energy [-2/+1En]

---------

Black-Tusked Boar - 74/370 | 111 Damage (Stunned)

Brown-Tusked Boar - 8/8 | 5 Damage

Brown-Tusked Boar - 8/8 | 5 Damage

Edited by Mist

The battle continued on as each combatant went about there moves. The boars still focused on him provided Mist and Zero with the opportunity to strike back out at the boars. Even if it meant missing Hydra hoped it would still prove valuable in there training. He himself was only able to land hits thanks to his accuracy amulet. The trinket known as Luna-Light would shimmer brightly whenever he would normally miss an attack. Once Zero and Mist had performed there moves it was time for the boars counter attack. Distracted from watching the three boars rushed towards him at an incredible pace. Hydra's reaction was quick but not fast enough, he barely managed to bring his shield up in time to block the attacks, the damage wasn't particularly heavy but even he was subject to mistake. Hearing Mist shout about AoE he didn't need to think twice, lashing the Water Serpent's Fang out he proceeded to bring it around with a wide crescent sweep hitting the three boars all at once. In mere moments they shattered to crystals. 

ID 81054:

Battle: 3+3 (hit)

SA: Forceful Attack (1x7) AoE = 14x7 = 98 Area of Effect damage to all boars

MOB: 10 (crit +2)

111+2 = 113 - 66 MIT = 47 Damage

1+2 - 66 Mit = 1 Damage

1+2 - 66 Mit = 1 Damage

'Black-Tusked Boar meets loot requirements'

Loot Roll

Spoiler

370 Health x 3 = 1110 Col

ID 81055:

Craft: 11

Loot: 19

4 Crafting materials obtained.

---------

[H:2] Hydra - 704/755 | 13 Damage (16/wskills) | 66 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 51/74 Energy 

[H:0] @zero_lost04- 20/20 | 4 Damage | 1/2 Energy [-2/+1En]

---------

Black-Tusked Boar - 0/370 | 111 Damage 

Brown-Tusked Boar - 0/8 | 5 Damage

Brown-Tusked Boar - 0/8 | 5 Damage

Zero couldn't help but feel extremely annoyed with himself.  While it was true enough that this was his first fight and it was to be expected that he wouldn't do quite so well, he had expected to at least get a hit in.  This battle system didn't seem to complex on the surface and he felt like he had a decent grasp on the fundamentals of actual combat with this kind of weapon that the signals in his brain should be allowing him to attack more effecitvely.  Maybe he shouldn't have taken on something like this right away and maybe he should have gone after some of the beginner quests, at least to get himself some better gear than the basic starting equipment.  He was silently cursing himself for his arrogance and ineffectiveness as Hydra cut down all three boars at once with an effective AOE attack.  Watching Hydra do that, he actually wondered why a player of his level and skill actually wanted to have someone come along on a quest like this, surely he was strong enough to take the Emerald Hatchling out in a hit or two.  Maybe he was just bored and wanted some company?  Still, Zero knew that he needed to put that kind of thinking out of his head and focus on what was too come.

"My apologies for the lack of help that I was able to provide you in that fight.  While it is obvious that you had that well in hand, I don't like not being able to assist.  Once we reach the boss of this quest, while I know my damage won't be much and you can handle it on your own, I will do my best not to be dead weight in the fight."  Zero bows his head slightly to Hydra in apology.  While he was pretty sure that the other player didn't really think he was dead weight, Zero had always held himself to a higher standard and in a game where he could literally move and attack as his mind relayed the commads to the game, he didn't like feeling useless.  Still, he was getting a better idea of how the physics themselves worked in this game, there was a good possibility that Zero would be able to get the hang of combat in this game very soon.

@Mist @Hydra

Edited by zero_lost04
  • 10 months later...

(OOC: Zero_Lost dropped from thread for being in a current inactive state on the site. Sorry 3:)

Mist let out a rather large and overly exaggerated sigh of relief at the site of Hydra killing the boars. "I'm glad that's over..." She followed up with a slight giggle. It seemed Zero was still a little lost with himself, she felt sorry for the player. As she was about to go and speak however she suddenly caught sight of a flash of green not to far from the groups position. "I think I see it she." She yelped with excitement and surged forwards without even realising the level different this MOB might possess. However by the time she reached it the combat had already triggered. The creature was beautiful, an emerald green newborn dragon, it caught sight of the group and began rushing towards them letting out an adorable roar. Still she could not lose focus now, this was an enemy and would likely kill her should she engage. She would leave it up to Hydra to make the first move

MOB Spawned

Rhaegal - the Emerald Hatchling
HP: 125 - MIT: 25 - ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 50

(OOC: This is a continuation of the quest started before major changes to the site, so there might be a few differences here and there. I assumed this was alright as I was permitted to do it with the Redemption quest line. :3)

Hydra had little time to react as Mist darted off down the hill yelping about sighting the Emerald Hatchling. Hydra wished to talk to Zero however Mist was endangering her own life and he had no choice but to follow after her with all the speed he could muster, he didn't have the ability to even call her name as he still felt the fatigue from attacking the boards all at once, still it was somewhat lucky that the Emerald Hatchling had suddenly spawned in. Perhaps there battle had drawn it closer? Hydra shook his head trying to gather his thoughts and focusing on his spear readied the charge skill. He had never liked the idea of harming animals or those who could not fend for themselves, thankfully this was a game however. Mist came to a halt a little before the dragon allowing the spearman to pass, then with another portion of his energy he lashed out striking the beast as it ran into him. Had he not been in armour it would have dealt some damage, next to all of it was mitigated though. The same could not be said for the hatchling as merciless flurry struck out at it numerous times before shattering it into crystals.

ID 97357:

Battle: 4+3 (hit)

<Charge Activated>

<Ferocity Activated>

SA: Merciless Flurry (12x1) = (13+1+2) x 12 = 192 - 25MIT = 167 Damage to Rhaegal

MOB: 8 (hit)

50 - 66MIT = 1 Damage to Hydra

[H:0] Hydra - 703/755 | 13 Damage (16/wskills) | 66 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 38/74 Energy 

Rhaegal - the Emerald Hatchling [DEAD]
HP: 0 - MIT: 25 - ACC: 0 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 50

Edited by Hydra