<The Hidden Fox> Feeding the Enemy (Sey PP-F10)

Spoiler

<<Feeding the Enemy>>

This quest may take place on any Floor.
This quest is not repeatable, unless your previous familiar is dead or has died.

An old gypsy NPC woman approaches you. She tells you that if you feed a monster, it may become tamed and accompany you on adventures, and sometimes even help you. However, taming a familiar is very rare, and you may even be damaged by the familiar. Use caution. This quest can be taken on any floor.

Requirements:

Thread Length: 1 Page/20 Posts

The monster tamed must be smaller than a large dog and within reason. The tamed monster must also be logically tamed, and as such most humanoid monsters will not be tamable. Staff reserves the right to deny certain types of familiars. If you're worried that your familiar may not be approved before searching for it, please PM a member of Staff.

Rewards:

1. The title <<(Insert beast's type name) Tamer>>
  2. A familiar (Possibly, view chart below.)
  3. 1 Skill Point

Familiar Results:
When feeding a familiar, you have one chance to tame a familiar every 15 posts. That means you may only roll the loot die for the familiar on the fifteenth post. If you don't want a familiar that you tamed without buffs, you may kill it and continue searching. Use the loot die(LD) to see if you do. Familiars may only be attempted to be found in intervals of 15 posts of the attempting player.

LD 1 - 10 Failure No monster is found or the taming attempt is unsuccessful.
LD 11-18 Success Monster is found and may be successfully tamed. 
LD 19+ Success Monster is found and successfully tamed. Player may choose an extra skill from the Familiar Enhancements, submitted for approval via the Evaluations forum.

Only one familiar may be obtained per thread.

Hidden remained on the tenth floor. It was a rather peaceful floor when it was not throwing decayed creatures at you all the time. Today, she was actually here for a reason. It was the day after they finished the second quest of the DHA, and the man had promised to help her, so now she had invited him to this floor. The tenth floor. She passed by an undead civilian who seemed quite interested in an alive person in the town. The village was surrounded by water with a bridge moving in all directions. She had accepted the quest earlier and had done a little bit of research to find out where the familiar she searched for might be. It turned out her familiar might be hiding in multiple different places. It might be in the forest of glowing mushrooms are even hiding around the Stygian River. It would not be the easiest to find, but with Sey helping her, it might not actually be too hard. "Oh where is he?" She turned in a full circle but he was not anywhere to be found yet. She was getting stronger and pretty soon she would be able to help the man in return. 

@Sey

It was tough for Sey to find Hidden considering the colors that she usually wears. He however glowed like a lightbulb in the middle of the dank floor that was in front of them. his eyes would scan to see if he was able to find her, but to no avail as he would continue searching. Opening up his map, he would locate a small dot indicating the location of a nearby friend, though not a specific one. As a result, he would then discover that she was actually rather near him. A few more seconds would pass before he would bump into her from behind, stumbling back as his arms would then flail. "Ah... Sorry Hidden! I didn't see you there... It's kind of dark in here." The snow-haired player would explain to her as he would feel a slight shade of embarrassing red show on his face, ironically making him even more visible as even that color was able to glow on this floor. That was just perfect, he was a walking, blushing lantern.

Hidden waited silently for what seemed like an hour before she heard footsteps behind her. She turned and seen the man, bright as daylight his hi white outfit. She smiled warmly but it turned to a fron as he did not seem to notice her. "Ah Casper?" He walked into her, flaling backwards as he went to regain his balance. He apologized, telling her it was dark. She smiled and answered, "It is alright. The river has a dark flow to it, making it easier over there and the mushroom forest... well you'll see" She giggled at the pun but said nothing of it. She moved over to him and wrapped her left arm around his right, and then held his hand with her own right hand. Her hand was small compared to his, but it fit perfectly in his. "So, what have you bee up to?" she asked curiously. She had only not seen him for a night, but boys.... You just never knew. 

@Sey

She would explain to him that there were a few sights around the both of them that could help them out with the lighting, so it seems like he was not the only lightbulb on the floor. That was nice to know. The next question was about what happened... And honestly, despite the time spent away, he had quite the adventure. His left hand would scratch the back of his head as she had his right hand already within her possession. "Believe it or not, I ended up getting lost with a friend in a forest. But there is a lake within it that I think would make a perfect place for the date we plan to have later on thanks to the lake there is. If you don't mind of course." The snow-haired player would explain as he would then place the tip of his pointer finger against his chin. "Well, i say friend, but I look to her more like a little sister. She's innocent and does stupid things, but she means well and has some logic. Maybe you can meet her sometimes, she seems to want to meet you."

Hidden strolled forward with the man. She seemed to get quite the answer from that short time she had spent away form Sey. She raised an eyebrow at the mention of a friend. She looked over to him as he spoke of a lake that was in the woods, that might be a good place for their date. 'So, he went with this friend and found a spot for a date... quite reassuring' Soon, the man began to elaborate on his friend and as soon as he said she, spikes of jealousy. He also mentioned that the girl was more like his sister,  which sounded familiar. 'Was it his business partner that he is talking about? If so, he has already told me that she is quite young' "Is it your business partner that you are talking about?" She tried to sound uninterested, but it sounded like it had been a pretty good time. Then he mentioned something about the girl wanted to meet him. She shrugged that off and found a good way to make her sound like she did not care. "Bring that Item?"

"Oh? Her? Pfft, as if I could ever get that one to wake up. It's a different friend, goes by the name "Shadowpixel". Purple hair... Child-like appearance, it's hard to miss." The height difference actually was rather insane now that he thought about it, but Pixel was just a growing child, and he himself just legally became an adult about a couple months ago. With that said and done, Hidden would ask him if he brought the item, the one that enhanced the loot chances for sure. Naturally, he did. He'd flick his finger through the shop inventory before plucking out a steaming bowl of rice from it. "Here love, I hope you like it! It's a classic, but even the classics can taste well when done right."  Sey explained before handing her the bowl with his left hand reaching over to her. A warm smile would be placed on his face, anxious to see her try the food item. A girl who loved their cooking can make any man proud of themselves.

Spoiler

Name: Lucky Rice
Profession: Cook
ID:  77434
Roll: 12
Item Type: Dessert
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +3 LD
Description: One would be lucky enough to even consume this, considering the difficulty it took to balance correctly. This is rice with salt sprinkled on it, topped with red beans.

Edited by Sey

Hidden felt her throat become red hot as he said his friend was not his business partner. She sighed and kept walking, a bit displeased to think that there was another woman kind of close to him. She knew she should not be jealous, but it was a bit hard not to be. The man kept moving on forward, and handed her a bowl of rice. She looked down into it. It was topped with red beans. She looked over at him questioningly and then pulled out a spoon, eating it rather quickly. It was tasty, although she was not a huge fan of rice.She handed the bowl back to him in case he might be able to reuse it. Her stats rised, allowing her to have a considerable amount of luck on this quest. "Thank you, now why don't we go ahead and look for that familiar" She took a faster stride. Soon she found herself peering down at her dagger. When she got this familiar, she would not need it. Instead she could use her other one. Her phase dagger. "Anything else happen lately?" 

+7 LD total

"Hm..." His lips would be placed into a thoughtful frown as he was trying to reflect on any other events that occurred. Another one that he could recall was the battle that he had with the giant monster that was faced out in the sea. If she was curious, he might as well try to entertain her with a story. "I also was invited onto a pirate ship as well! it was a mass player sort of thing that apparently had to be known. An NPC just invited me on board and we all fought against a MASSIVE monster. It was impossible and nearly wrecked the ship that I was on." Just remembering that time would give him a cold chill upon thinking about it. It was a nasty monster for sure, definitely nothing that he would like to encounter in the future. With that said and done, he would then tilt his head to the side before giving her a question. "And how is life working out for you? I'm sure you must have done something exciting too, right?"

Hidden listened closely, beginning to put two and to together as she went along. A massive beast fought on ships. He must have joined the Rovain Wars event, no doubt. She had heard that the fight had not gone the best when it came to the lower level players, so she was excited that she had not been foolish enough to enter. "A 24 hour period and you have helped slay a boss and gone exploring? Perhaps you might be a little more busy the I thought. Finally take my advise to get out of your shop more often?" She giggled and kept moving forward. They were nearing the water so they should be able to find the familiar after a soon enough time. finally, Sey asked her what she had been doing. "Oh me? I just have happened to do a lot of grinding. I have also met a scout apprentice named Aereth. At first we had a falling out, but it got better" She wanted that conversation to end there. She did not want to talk about Aereth. He had annoyed her quite a lot and she really did not want to think of him. 

79039 BD:18+7= 25 Mat found
Total Materials:4

@Sey

Edited by Hidden

"Yup! I haven't been there for about two weeks, but fortunately no requests came by either. I'd be dead if there were and I put them all out of the way." The snow-haired player explained. In real life, if he had done the two things that he did, his body probably would have taken a huge toll as it was being strained. But this was a virtual body made from the game, so feeling feelings was a difficult task for artificial beings like the body of every player. "Oh? So you have gotten stronger then, right? As for Aereth, he does tend to be ominous. But he means well based on what I've seen. What exactly happened though, if you don't mind my asking." With Hidden, he could expect a few things startling her and a weapon being slashed at the throat of someone. Knowing the crystal that Aereth had these days, it was not that hard for him to imagine that being the case. 

They kept moving on forward through the darkness, speaking of recent events. Sey asked her what had happened between her and Aereth. She looked away for a moment, recalling the little scuffle between her and the brunette. "It was not too bad actually. My... acquaintance and I at the time were moving on to complete the bee quest when we heard a battle going on. I moved on like it was nothing but the idiot actually charged in to help the man. Turns out the man was an orange player and my acquaintance almost died from the mob and then could have died from the orange player." She sighed then thought ahead. She was saying more about ehr acquaintance and how stupid he was. "Aereth, or the orange player, handed something to my acquaintance and then charged me! Well, then that is when things went sour. He demanded to know why I was there and for a second it looked like it was going to be a fight. Luckily, my pure instincts found something to easily blackmail him with" She smiled easily. That was the easiest blackmail she had ever given. 

@Sey

79147 LD:9+7=16
Total Materials: 8

Edited by Hidden

A small chuckle would leave his lips from the story, her partner and how they were so reckless. While Sey was not so scared of orange players these days, he full well knew that there was a reason why they were orange. "Ha, I wish I had been there to see that. Whoever it was definitely does not know that orange players are DEFINITELY able to take care of themselves." That was him throwing his two cents, but then he would recall that hidden had been involved as well. It was nice to know that she was safe as of currently, but there was a small glimmer of worry in his eyes. Still however, he did his best to conceal it as he would continue to comment. Her ability to blackmail was something he loved already, a smart and calculating girl, the EXACT way he would react. Aereth charging at her, he definitely will be having a little chat later on. But fortunately, Hidden was still there, so there does not seem to be any need to actually punish him... Hopefully. "Ooooooo! Blackmail? I applaud you, that is the best way to gain power over those who dare threaten you. Aereth though, if he purposely bothers you, make sure to let me know. Does he know about our relationship?"

As he mentioned orange players and help, she nodded. Orange players were either really good at one of two things. Soloing, and they were alone usually under the cover of darkness all the time, or Groups, they traveled around in a group of usually about three and hunted that way. The group were more likely to attack, but you had to watch for the solos all the same. She looked to the side and noticed that they  were now on the shores of the Stygian river. Occasionally it gleamed bright. Today, it had a dark evil color to it. She turned away and decided not to think about the river too much. The bright mushroom forest was not too far ahead, about three quarters of a mile. In the close distance, you could see its bright shine, illuminating the area surrounding. Then, she realized Sey was talking. All he got out of it was did he know of our relationship? She stood there for a second, trying to remember where they were. “Does he know of our relationship? No, he has no idea. As far as I know, you and I are the only ones who know for sure we are a couple at the moment. I just told him that I am as protected by the CA as him, and if he touched me a Sentinel and maybe even a paladin would not be the happiest with him” She smiled, quite pleased with herself.

@Sey

"Now that-" He would place the tip of his right pointer finger to the side of his forehead. "Is brilliant. Seems like strength is not just determined by the stats of the game, it's also a game of wit." It was how he was able to survive the counter with Ariel. If he was able to show his use to someone with some form of skill, he would live. A player killer often worked on their own and needed a reason to leave a player alone. Unfair, but as if anything in this game could be deemed fair in the first place. As they continued to trek, his eyes would lock forward as he then stopped in place, holding out his hand to the left side. "Wait..." Sey would whisper as he would look at the figure. There was definitely something in front of them... They were going to have to be careful with it. A monster most likely considering how it moved, but it was hard for him to see in the darkness. "I have my spear ready. If it's the fox you are looking for, go for it. I'll be ready if things go south."

She walked forward silently, eyeing the river closely for monsters. Decayed monsters would occasionally live around or wade out of the river and come and attack players. She jumped when Sey brought out his spear  and told her to wait. He had caught trail of something, but it was hard to make out as the darkness concealed it. She nodded to Sey and replied, "Im going in, If I need you I will call" She moved forward, careful as to not startle a creature. She activated her <Search and Detect> skill. It was hard to see, but with very careful listening she was able to locate the creature. She brought out the food in hand, a cookie looking item she had received at the start of the quest. She held it out and waited silently. The creature in front of her paused. Even though she should have been able to see it, but she could not make out its image. The creature took the cookie from her hand, and seemed pretty content with it. "What are you though, I can't make out your image." 

ID:79536 LD:20+7=27~Enhanced Familiar found

@Sey

Edited by Hidden

It was taking a little while, making him a bit anxious. His grip on his spear would tighten a tiny amount as each second would pass by, his concern for her safety ever so growing. As more time passed, he would then call out to her. "Is everything all right over there?" He asked with concern trailing behind his words. His eyes would shift to the sides to see if there was anything around him, but nothing could be seen, so he would look forward again. It seems like there was a bit off interaction with whatever it was at the distance, but he was unable to make out what it was still. And whether of not it was even friendly was determined by chances equal to that of a coin toss, a hopefully fortunate one. He would proceed to  slowly take a few steps forward towards the direct Hidden traveled towards, though very careful not to make any startling movements or any noise that could provoke whatever being was there.

As she asked what it was something amazing happened next. The creature began to glow, illuminating the area. It was a fox, as black as night and it appeared to be glowing. How though? Then it bounded forward, and as it moved its image shimmered leaving a trail of shadow with it. It stopped and its image shifted back to normal. "It is as if it is a shadow of some kind. I did not know they made creatures like this though. It can't be permanent, perhaps it is just a darkness thing' The creature dimmed back down to complete darkness and nuzzled into her. 'I have tamed it apparently' ""Yeah, I am fine Sey. I'm over here, and I got the familiar. It was a bit different then I was originally expecting" She moved toward the direction of his voice to meet up with the man. He had helped her get it, so she needed to help him out or something. She was still looking for the fallen item, but yet no luck was coming from her shop. She needed to get back to it tonight though. She had been a bit rather lazy lately. 

@Sey

Her voice would answer him right back with comforting words, confirming that she had indeed found the familiar. His weapon would lay by his side rather than in position as he felt relaxed, now calmly approaching before meeting up to her. While it was hard to see, he noticed a bundle of dark fur moving through the darkness, which placed a smile across his lips. "It seems you have found it. Well, time to name him or her, right?" Now that he remembered correctly, his naming was far too simple. It was Kyu for the white wolf, maybe Hidden would choose something familiar to her as well. It was fun though, being able to see her get what she wanted, despite him being on high alert at the same time. The darkness was so ominous, but it was much better knowing that they were able to track her familiar down. "That's great though, nailing it on the first try. If it had been me, it would take a good four or five rounds. Perhaps familiars just come to you naturally."

Hidden looked over at Sey as he arrived. At first, he had not seen it as she had not as well. He turned over to her and told her that it was time to name it. She thought for a second, moving to latin words. She knew a bit of latin words thanks to English class. Now that was confusing. "Umbra... That is her name. Now, I can tell you are not too much of a fan of this floor, let us move on out of here. Perhaps we should go and complete some quest to help gain some SP for us to be able to master the familiar skills. That way, when you receive one you can have it at full power already." She found his hand and interlaced it with her fingers. She knew this floor well enoough to know the way back, even in the darkness. 

Then came the small voice in the back of her head again. 'you have your familiar now, and now you head over to make yourself as strong as possible. What is your goal with this? What are you going to do with your power? Take revenge on the world, or help move on the world?' She shook the voice out of her head and began to head back out. 

@Sey

It amazed him that she was able to navigate through the darkness without fail. Perhaps it had something to do with her name, the darkness itself was something she seemed to know. That could be both good... But most likely also was probably rather awful as well. Not that she liked it, but simply because she might have gone through a troubling time that probably caused emotional stress. Sey hated that sort of thing in a player, seeing them struggle mentally. Sometimes, numbers were not enough to save them, and he wanted to assist them. But if he can't save them from it, he only hopes that he can save the one that he promised to be a shield for. As their hands locked, he felt comfort from those thoughts, proceeding to follow her wherever she goes. "That sounds like a lovely idea. Well, looks like Umbra is coming back with us. I'm sure she would find it lovely. As for quests, we definitely need to do some for sure." Despite the darkness, there was a lot of comfort right now. For once, he didn't smile, but grinned a genuine grin followed by a soft chuckle. Everything was how it should be.