[PP-F1]all about strings<<earning a living>> (Aereth)

A few days after first logging into the game Hei is bored by not doing much but staying in the town of beginning. Like the last days he strolls through the town, looking out for something interesting and not finding much of interest, so he continues wandering around until he arrives at the craftsman's quarter and realises - if I had a shop of my own I could craft and there wouldn't be so much free time to get bored. - So he decides that learning a craft is what he wants to do next.

-What kind of craftsmanship would fit for me? ... Maybe I could be a smith, creating weapons and heavy armour for everyone, that would probably be a good Idea. - he was thinking while watching the industrious players who already had their own shops. So he tailed of towards a NPC driven blacksmith workshop to ask for a place as assistant to learn how to do it himself.

A heavy looking man with a white leather apron stood before him, looking up from his work. "Good morning dear Sir, my I ask if there is a way for me to become a blacksmith?" Hei asked while bowing a little. "Well, there of course is a way for you to become a blacksmith, but you don't really look like your the right one for this job. You wear light armour and it seems that you lack muscles at your arms. Maybe something with less heavy tools would be better for you. hahaha . .. " the smith says with a friendly smile on his face. "thank you sir, if this is what you think I might try something else"

Hei leaves the blacksmith's workshop to look for something fitting better to his style of gaming, as the smith was right, he never wore heavy armour, so why not becoming tailor and creating his own flexible armour and nice looking cloths?

Today was once again one of those rare days where Aereth would leave his home and shop on the fourth floor, in order to get some special tailor materials, as well as delivering some of his orders. He went out pretty early in the morning, since he didn't want to use an expensive teleport crystal today, and using the teleport gates was still completely unthinkable, with the red cursor that was floating over his head. With a heavy sigh, he left his shop and started to head towards the first floor.

A couple of hours later he finally reached his destination, and immediately sent out a couple of messages to the people that had ordered some things to meet him outside of the safe zone. All these people knew of course that he wasn't allowed to enter settlements because of his orange cursor, but trusted him enough to leave the safe zone in order to get their goods. After that, he walked towards the forest outside of the northern gate of the Town of Beginnings and started to look for some materials...

@Hei

ID# 78960 results:
Loot: 3+5

- If I want to become a tailor I'll need some materials, at least I had to search some to brew the potions with the old man - he thought and started looking for a tailor shop to ask what kind of stuff he would need to craft some tailor goods. Being inside the town it wasn't that difficult to find a shop selling cloths and so he went to the cashier and asked her: "Dear madame, would you be so kind to tell me something about tailoring? It seems you have some experience with it and i hope you can tell me what kind of materials I need to craft my own things." While asking this he mad a little bow towards the NPC lady. "Well my boy, for crafting cloth products you would need to get raw cloth, like cotton or flax. You can find these in the forests around the town." Hei thanked the lady for the information and left the store.

Outside the shop he opened the menu to have a look at the map, searching for a near forest. The one closest to town was just outside the northern gate, so this one should be what he was heading for.
While walking to the forest Hei remembered how long it had taken him to find some berries and hoped that finding cotton would be an easier task.

Arriving at the forest he began looking for cotton, without even knowing how the plant he was looking for looked like. As expected he found no cotton here.

@Aereth

Spoiler

ID# 78967
Loot: 6 (nothing found)

Edited by Hei

Due to him being a scout apprentice, it didn't take Aereth very long to find his first set of materials. His searching skill in combination with the gatherer skill, made sure that he was almost never low on materials. His eyes flickered for a split second after he activated his searching skill, and after he spotted a set of materials behind a bush besides the main path that lead through the forest, he simply walked over to the spot, and picked up the four cotton flowers that were hidden behind said bush.

With a sigh, he rested himself with his back against a tree and decided that it was time for him to get something to eat. Even though it was only about 9 oclock in the morning, Aereth had been walking for a couple of hours in order to get down to the first floor, and now he was hungry. With a swipe of his hand he opened his inventory and took out a sandwich. The sandwich materialized into his left hand and he started to eat, looking at the main path...

@Hei

ID# 79006 results:
Loot: 11+5

Materials: 0+4

Hei batted around the forest, hoping to find something that looked like cloth, or at least as if one could make cloth out of it. As for the cotton it should be white, or was it brown? Well at least it had to be plushy, as it was an alternative for wool, which was plushy.
While he was looking for materials he totally lost the way and so he just wandered around some more. The forest around him got darker and the trees higher and older. Just single sunbeams got to the ground and the general mood of the scenery was dark and a little spooky. -oh, how could I get lost so quick? I don't think there will be anything here, and it's difficult to see very far, I should search for a way back - and so he opened the map, looking for a way out of the forest.

A few moments later he had found a big path on the map and decided to head that direction. It didn't take long to find the path and Hei began following it back towards town, as he wasn't especially happy with being alone in the forest and maybe getting lost once again.

@Aereth

Spoiler

ID# 79009
Loot: 14 (nothing found)

Edited by Hei

While Aereth was resting and eating at the tree, he could see a player that was seemingly being lost in the forest. Taking another bite from his sandwich, Aereth choose to watch the man until he was done with his breakfast/lunch. 

"Goddamn it, this was awesome." he thought after taking the last bite of his sandwich. Aereth then got up and started to search for the lost player, in order to see if he needed any kind of help in what he was doing at the moment. "Hopefully he won't be too scared from my cursor..." he thought with a sigh. After a couple of minutes he finally found the man and slowly walked towards him. "Hey there. Could it be that you are looking for something, my friend." Aereth asked the man in his calm voice. "My name is Aereth, and it's nice to meet ya." he then added and started to extend his hand for a handshake.

@Hei

There was a voice, coming from the side Hei turned his head and saw another player slowly walking towards him. The players cursor was red, unlike the one of the other players he had met so far, but this wasn't something Hei really paid attention to, as it seemed that the player was friendly. -Hey, I found someone, maybe I am not lost at all, or he is too and we could find the way back together - he thought while turning to the new arrival and having a better look at him.

The other player looked strong and after asking Hei if the was looking for something and introducing himself Hei was sure this player could become a good friend. "Good morning Aereth, my name is Hei and I was looking for some materials. At the moment I am looking for a way out of the forest, as I got a little lost ." as he sees the extended hand he gives Aereth a firm handshake and a small smile.

@Aereth

Edited by Hei

"Thank god, he's not afraid of me. But I need to tell him to be careful around orange players." Aereth returned the smile and after they finished the handshake he told the player who just revealed his name. "That's no problem, my friend. I can help you find the way back to town and I could also help you in finding some materials if you like. But first let me tell you something. You need to be careful around players like me." He said while pointing at the orange cursor that was floating over his head. "In my case, you don't need to worry, since I do not intend to harm you in any way, but just be careful."

After that he pushed himself up from the ground and suddenly his eyes began to glow a little bit when he activated his searching skill. Aereth gave out a small sigh as he didn't find anything at the moment and turned his attention back to @Hei. "So what brings you out here in the forests on your own without party members?"

ID# 79322 results:
Loot: 7+5

Materials: 4

After Aereth telling him, that he should be careful with players with orange cursors a bad feeling overcame him. - What is wrong with players like him? He seems quite nice, so why should I be careful? - these thoughts were accompanied by a puzzled look. - After him being so nice and telling me he would help me, would it be rude to ask why I should be careful around players like him? - as long as he hadn't decided how to answer this question for himself he wouldn't ask him, so he moved on and answered Aereth's question.

"So for what brings me out here is simply the search for material I can use to learn how to craft some cloth armour. A nice tailor in the town told me that I could find some plants I could use right here in the forest.
And for the second question, why I am out here without party members, the answer is even more simple. I thought there would be no danger in going alone, as the mobs down here aren't aggressive when not attacked. So I just wandered around here. Can you answer a question, too? ... Where you too looking for something?"
with this he stopped talking, once again asking himself if he could ask him why to be careful, or if it would be rude to do so.

@Aereth

Aereth started to chuckle when Hei mentioned that he was out here gathering some materials so that he could craft some cloth armors. "Well seems like you are lucky today. You see, I'm also here in order to find some materials in order to craft some items. And I think it's a good choice if you want to become a tailor. Good tailors are very rare these days." Aereth would tell the man in front of him with a smile. "And I wouldn't mind tagging along with you for some time. Two pairs of eyes can spot more than only one, I guess." he added and started to look for some materials. But unfortunately he wasn't able to find some more mats for now.

Hei then asked Aereth if he was looking for something specific and Aereth answered the player. "Yeah, to be precise I'm looking for special colored cotton flowers that only grow on this particular floor." Aereth noticed that it seemed like something was on Hey's mind, but Aereth didn't want to press the matter.

@Hei

ID# 79562 results:
Loot: 4+5

Materials: 4

"It seems that I am lucky. Could you tell me how these cotton plants look?" he asked, as he followed Aereth's example and looked for some materials as well. There weren't any nearby, so he hoped to find some when they would move a little from where they were at the moment.

- He said he was looking for cotton too, so could he be a tailor as well? maybe he could teach me how to do some basic crafting. - he thought while still looking into the forest in hope of finding some of the cotton flowers Aereth mentioned. "Are you a tailor? or are you gathering for someone else?" he asked, as it appeared to him that this could be a possible way of earning some col. But on the other hand it was terrible boring to walk around searching, and he hadn't had much success either. After a few more minutes the two of them were looking for materials Hei decided that it would be ok to ask Aereth what the orange cursor meant. "I have another question. You told me to be careful around players like you, but what for? what does the orange cursor mean?"

@Aereth

Spoiler

ID# 79582
Loot: 3

Edited by Hei

To @Hei's question Aereth put a smile on his face before answering. His eyes glowed once more, and he was finally able to spot another few cotton flowers. "It's best to see for yourself, buddy." he said and walked over to a small bush, picking up four <<Cotton Flowers>> "These are the basic cotton flowers that grow around this area here. As you can see, the flower itself looks kinda dead, but the white cotton is perfect for crafting." Aereth told Hei and tossed one of the flowers over to him. "Here you can have this one to start." he added with a chuckle.

"And yes, I'm a tailor as well. I have a shop on the fourth floor and it's called The Wolfs Cloak." Aereth answered. After a few more minutes of searching in silence, Hei decided to ask Aereth about his orange cursor. Aereth was quite surprised that he didn't know what this meant and gulped... "Well, you see this..." he pointed at his cursor. "... indicates players that have taken the life of another one..." Aereth said in a low voice. He didn't know how the player would would react to this information...

ID# 79988 results:
Loot: 18+5

Materials: 4+4-1(Given to @Hei)=7

Hei caught the <<Cotton Flower>> @Aereth tossed to him. "Thanks for this. So this is how <<Cotton Flowers>> look like. " with his new knowledge about the plants he was searching Hei continued searching a bit, while Aereth told him that he was a tailor himself and also owned a shop at the fourth floor.

Spoiler

ID# 80000
Loot: 11 (nothing found)

After a short time in which the two of them where looking for some more Cotton Aereth pointed at his cursor and said: "This indicates players that have taken the life of another one ... " Hei took a moment to grasp what this meant. - He is dangerous, he killed someone. Or at least he thinks of himself as a murderer. How can he be so nice then? Is he crazy or maybe it was not like this and he defended himself against someone else trying to kill him? - With all those questions going through his head Hei simply said " That is good to know. Is there anything else I need to know about you?" but his face told that there was more going on inside him.

+1 * T1 Mats from Aereth

Edited by Hei

"No problem at all, my friend." Aereth told @Hei after handing over the Cotton flower to him, and after he told him about his shop, he also decided to look for some more materials. This time he found a set of four leather pieces that were hidden in a small hole covered by some leaves.

After Aereth told Hei what the orange cursor over his head meant, Aereth sighed mentally. "Better he learns from me what this cursor means than from somebody more dangerous..." he thought and closed his eyes. He wouldn't tell him his whole story, but at least explain how he had received that cursor. "Well... Let me tell you, that you do not have to fear me in any way. I would never in my life harm innocent people. I received this cursor while protecting two girls from two shady players that tried to kill them." After that he opened his eyes again and looked directly into Hei's eyes, patiently waiting for a response from him.

ID# 80109 results:
Loot: 10+5

Materials: 7+4=11

Aereth looking right into his eyes made Hei feel distressed, as it looked like he was waiting for a reaction, but the only thing Hei could think of in this moment was - this mush make me look like a noob, one with as much experience in gaming as I have should have known better - then slowly he began ringing these thoughts down and instead was relieved that his first assumption about the player he was dealing with was right. " So the game marked you as PKer cause you defended them? That's kind of mean." 

It seemed that this was not Aereth's favourite topic, so Hei returned to asking him about tailoring, hoping this would end the topic. " If you are a tailor like I want to be, do you have some advice for me?"

Hei saw how @Aereth found some hidden pieces of leather and began searching for more than just cotton plants, but he was not so trained in searching and not as observant as he should have been while searching, as his thoughts still circled around players killing other players. Not Aereth, but the two who were attacking innocent girls.

Spoiler

ID# 80115
Loot: 14 (nothing found)

Edited by Hei

Aereth let out a heavy sigh. "Well, that's one of the laws we have to obey in here. Attacking a green player will result in your own cursor to turn orange. Nothing I can do about that." he told his companion in a low voice. "But let me tell you one thing, I'd do it all over again. With no regrets."

After that he dropped the matter and continued searching for some materials. When he wasn't able to find anything, Hei asked him about a few tips about being a tailor. Aereth chuckled. "There's not much you need to know. The most important thing to remember, is which types of enhancements you are allowed to put on the different types of your crafts." he answered @Hei while scratching the back of his head. "And in case you forget them, you can always look them up in the crafting section of your menu, as soon as you have unlocked the profession."

ID# 80167 results:

Loot: 4+5

"Ok, so it sounds quite simple, just crafting something and deciding what kind of enhancement I want it to have. And if I forget there is a list in the Crafting Menu."  with these information Hei would be able to be a good tailor. So just to check Hei opened his menu and had a look for the crafting tab. As he had not jet unlocked the profession there was a list of all the possible professions, but he could not open any of it. - So I know what to do when I have it, now I just need to know how to unlock it -

For not seeming to be rude, asking @Aereth all the questions Hei went on searching for some more material before he would ask Aereth how to unlock the tailor profession. He walked away from Aereth a little to search where there had none of them searched by now, but he only found some nice looking flowers. They would be fine for decoration of a home, but useless for what he wanted to do, so he let them grow where they were.
When he returned to Aereth he asked "You said I could reread all the enhancements when I have unlocked the tailor profession, how do I do that?"

Spoiler

ID# 80235
Loot: 6 (nothing found)

Edited by Hei

"In order to unlock your profession, you need to speak to take a special quest. It's called, <<Earning a Living>>. It mostly consists of material searching and talking to a NPC that explains you the basics of crafting. If you want, I can show you the way in order to get there." Aereth told the to be tailor in front of him. "And after you completed this quest, you are rewarded with some extra materials, as well as your desired profession." That said, Aereth opened his menu with a swipe of his hand, and tapped on the map section. The first floor was almost completely mapped out in his map. In order to help Hei out a little bit, he sent his map data of the first floor over to him and marked the spot where he had found the quest NPC the time he had taken the quest. "Here take this map. I marked the place where that special quest NPC should be, since I can't enter safe zones and thus will only guide you back to the town of beginnings." Aereth told the man with a smile.

@Hei

"Ok, so I have to take the quest, and when I  finished it I'll unlock the crafting skill, that's quite simple. " He said after hearing that. As he had not seen the quest by now he was about to ask where to find it when Aereth sent him his map data with the Quest NPC marked on it, telling him, that he would guide him back to town, but would not be able to enter it. "That's really nice of you, how can I thank you for all the help?" with these words he accepted the map data and had a look on it. As Aereth had told him the two of them went towards the town, and the way was not very long. - strange that I got lost so quick, we were just a few hundred meters in the woods -

When the two of them reached the outskirts of the safe zone Hei stopped to say goodbye. "Aereth, it was really nice meeting you, but our path will go apart now. Would you accept a friendrequest, so we can stay in contact?" And Hei lightly bowed to @Aereth

Aereth simply nodded at Hei how recapped how to get a profession. "Yeah it's really easy. You should be done with it within the rest of the day if you take it right now." he added before handing his map data over to him. 

After Hei received the map data, he asked Aereth how he should thank the man for all the help, but Aereth simply shrugged and placed a smile on his face. "Oh don't mention it. It was really no problem at all. I had to search for some materials on my own, and to have some company is always nice." He told Hei while Aereth led the way out of the forest. 

When they finally reached the end of said forest, a friend request popped up in front of Aereth. "Likewise." he said with a nod and smiled once more before pressing the accept button. "And if you ever need something, don't hesitate to contact me." Aereth chuckled at the small bow and raised his hand for a wave. "Just stay safe. Until next time." after that he started to head back into the forest, continuing to search for some materials...

@Hei just post the summary in your next post and I can lock the thread.