[OP - F1] Late to the Never-Ending Party

Life was...good? The answer to that short and sweet statement seemed to be ever-elusive to Delilah-er Niflheim. Now that she was stuck in SAO she was gonna have to get used to people calling her by her in game name and not her real name as it might be a while before she even makes it back to reality. Reality.... An odd word for someone in her position. Wouldn't this virtual world that she's in now technically be her reality?

Currently Niflheim was in the starter town, Town of Beginnings as many of the players would call it. She wasn't actually doing much besides wandering, sightseeing, and marking down where things were. This info would come in handy later when she urgently needed something and didn't want to look for a place. The weather was actually quite nice, not too warm and not too cold with clear skies. Anyone else in town would be aware of the subtle changes from winter to spring.

She stopped in a semi-open area, from appearance it seemed to be some type of square. Looking up, she put her hand to cover her eyes as she stared at the sky, not paying attention to those around her.

Edited by Niflheim

Hei was roaming through the streets, bored as he hadn't have much to do. He checked his equipment once again, just to see that there wasn't any change since he started. Earlier this day he had tried to use the spear on some bushes, but he wasn't a good fighter at all, so the best use of the spear was as a wandering-staff. - Let's see if there is anything interesting on this square over there - he thought while checking the map and finding an open place he hadn't visited before.

Hei came from the western street entering the square, looking at the buildings and searching for something new he could analyse, but besides a woman there was nothing of interest here. -well, I've come here, so I can at least try to meet someone new if there isn't anything else here-  So he walked towards the woman who stared at the sky, and stopped about 2 metres away from her. "Good afternoon my lady, my name is Hei. Nice to meet you" he says and bows to her.

• 1 month later...

And there she goes from her own personal world.

She happened to be interrupted by a fellow player, a man who had wanted to introduce himself to her. It's not everyday that happens, normally it's either an NPC or some red player looking to prey on another newbie. Normally people tried to keep their distance from her- perhaps it was due to her odd appearance or maybe something else completely unrelated, though either way she has yet to find out what said problem was.

Niflheim turned towards her new "pal" and gave him a weak smile, something that looked more to be her normal face but with a slight curve to the corners of her mouth. "Nice to meet you, the name's Niflheim. You don't have to bow by the way, I'm not that much of a stickler when it comes to introductions."

OOC: Sorry for the suuuper late response, on top of being busy I also just forgot. Continue this if you want or don't, I understand completely.

Edited by Niflheim

As Hei had started the conversation with Niflheim just because she was there he hadn't had a good look at the small lady. She was nearly a head smaller than him and had white hair, and it seemed that she was not one of those people not showing emotion very often. - Just as me she still has her starter Equipment, so she hadn't been out to fight by now. Maybe We could do something together later on - he thought, and then continued their conversation. "That's just reflexes, I had to do it nearly every time I met someone, so I still do it, even though not many I met by now know the tradition. But enough of that, there are way more interesting things to talk about, for example the fact that a cute girl like you is walking around town by herself. "  he finished with another look at her and a smile.

OOC: I think we will continue this, would be a shame to let someone down just because waiting times. Also I might get a few friends to join in as well

The plate armored player stood in front of a stall, looking over the many wares and objects, seemingly looking for some unknown object. On the players back rested a large shield as his hands were otherwise preoccupied. Resting on one arm sat a small boar that was the side of a full grown miniature dog and being held back by his other arm as to make sure it didn't jump out and fall to the ground. Lee would look up at the merchant and shake his head "Never mind, I didn't think you'd have it." He would turn away and begin to walk as he look around at the crowds within the Town of Beginnings. He tended to head to the town for a number of things, most of the time was simply to see just what kinds of people were coming out of the wood works, both the good and the bad.

Today wasn't really any different with the exception of his smaller companion of which he had just brought in form the wilds of the very same floor. Most individuals aimed for majestic birds such as falcons or eagles while others went for the more mythical in the form of griffons and chimeras. He had a pig. A boar to be more specific but she was his and she was one, while not with him the longest, had grown on him. He had looked down at the boar and smiled as he would rub the boars side "You are just the most adora-" He would stop as he had almost ran into a man whom was talking with a woman though he was able to halt himself, the boar would begin to squeal and aim to free itself from his grip as it seemed to wish to get to the ground to roam, Lee would laugh hesitantly "Sorry bout this..." He would lean his head down and under his breath speak to the boar saying something inaudible which didn't seem to have much effect.

Edited by Lee

His remark caught her off guard. This happened to be the exact opposite effect that she had on people around her. Perhaps he was just being nice and trying to flatter her, or maybe she was just looking too deep into the whole thing and should think nothing of it. The latter seemed to make the most sense so she decided to not bring any attention to it.

"Me? I'm alone because I enjoy staying solo. Why I'm here is none of your business." Harsh? Yes, but she can't help it. It was just her nature to gravitate away from people. The actual reason why she was in the square was that she didn't have a reason, thus causing the dodging of his question. Though before she could continue talking to him a man with a boar had walked directly into him.

Wait, what? A boar wasn't something that many people would choose as a companion. This new challenger had already caught her eye, at least more than the guy from earlier. Not only that, but he happened to be a mountain of a man so it was hard not to see him. She let out a light chuckle as she watched the man interact with his boar.

Edited by Niflheim

The girl that had introduced herself as Niflheim reacted in a way Hei had not predicted, he had thought that this would be a nice conversation starter but she seemed to be offended by him asking her about why she was alone. - Was it rude to ask her about that? No, that shouldn't be the case, I mean I even added a compliment. It's strange, I should refrain from asking her about personal things - at this moment Hei's train of thought was interrupted when a big heavy armoured man nearly crashed into him. When Hei turned to have a look at the one who was apologizing for it, he first saw nothing more, than a plate armour. " Oh, you don't have to apologize, nothing happened at all" Then he saw the tiny boar, that tried to jump of the man's arms and wondered why one would take a creature like this into town.

Shaking his head at the big man talking quietly with the small animal he turned his head to Niflheim and apologized: " Sorry that I asked, I hadn't anticipated that this was personal for you. Would it be ok if I bought you some of the towns best desert as an apology, or do you want me to leave you with yourself?" even though he did not exactly understand why she had been so rude he tried to be as polite and sensitive as possible.

The armored player would be fairly pleased that he was not blamed or at fault for any trouble that his appearance might have caused. He would move his arm around to aim to try and console the small boar or more importantly, calm it down. So far, that was the most predominant feature of the furry creature is that its activity spiked when ever it pleased. Lee would move his arms around till he held the female boar in both his hands and would crouch down and was about to place the boar onto the ground. As Babette's body began to descend, the kicking began as well as the flailing, aiming to break free to run.

Upon touching the ground, the boar would run a few steps before coming to a full stop, sniffing the ground and then simply standing in between the three players as if it had nothing better to do in the world. Lee would bring both his hands up to his face in both frustration and aiming to contain his laughter "I just don't even. Just to drive me up a wall, I swear." He would lower his hands and let them rest on his knees as he would look to the black haired player and then to the white haired one "You two ever had any pets?"

Apparently the man had thought that she had taken his question personal when in reality she just didn't want to be bothered. Sadly, it seemed that they were going to socialize for a while longer as it looked like he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

"I'm not that fat, but I guess I could go for something sweet. What do you have in mind?" She kept her straight face the whole time, at some points it looked as if she was annoyed but in reality she couldn't care less. She was currently more interested in Mr.Boar. Niflheim hasn't seen many people with familiars but has heard of the quest to obtain one, but normally people choose something simple like a dog or cat or even the occasional dragon, so this took her by surprise.

"Pets? Not any in particular, though I think I owned a goldfish back when I was a kid. Guessing by your question, I'm going to assume this is your pet?" She crouched down and put her hand on top of the boar's back. Niflheim has never pet a boar so it was kind of awkward not knowing where and where not to touch it.

After he had offered Niflheim to treat her to some desert her response began with I'm not that fat, but... - What, that was not what I meant, how did my nice offer got turned around against me? Or is she just kidding with me? - for anyone who watched him it was easy to see, that he was puzzled with something. Then he realized, that she had answered more than that and he should have paid more attention to her, so he had to ask "Sorry, Niflheim, the boar got me distracted, what have you asked?" He hoped, that she would take it as he said and that she had not noticed, that he was just in thoughts. 

Then the big guy let down his boar, it instantly ran a few feet and then stopped between of them. He then asked the two of them if they had had pet, and the white haired girl answered that she does not recall having had one and then she tried petting the boar, but it looked a little strange. "I have had in the real world, but not here in SAO. " Hei answered towards Lee.

Lee's eyes locked forward at nothing when he heard the answer the white haired woman would say and he heard her speaking to the other man about her own weight. This was a subject he knew was a landmine and wasn't aiming to walk in that field. Though, they both would answer his question as they did have pets but with her, it was limited to that of a fish to which he would laugh lightly and with him, he had a pet but did not state what it was so he assumed it was something other than a fish or he might have said that he did have similar animal to her own. Lee would tilt his head to the side and nod to finally answer the white haired woman's question which was named Niflheim from what the black haired man would say

"You would be correct in that assumption. The little girl grew on me when I found her and I'm a sucker for cute animal's. She's been pretty helpful too." The small boar would move its nose down, constantly shifting from one side to the other while its tail swung back and forth behind it in a windshield whipper motion. As Niflheim's hand would move above the boar, its back would rise as would its head. Her snout would raise as well, aiming to get pet whilst also trying to use its nose to sniff the players wrist, this causing the boarlet's head to bob up and down which would cause Lee to chuckle "She's very dog-esk from what I've gathered so far. Scratchin behind her ear or along the side of her stomach will put her down so fast its funny."