[SP-F1]poking pups <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> COMPLETE

The boar wasn't dead, but it was grievously wounded, so Hei had no doubts that he would be able to kill it with one more attack. - The Heft skill did a lot of damage, I shouldn't have to use it again. I'll just do what I trained the last hour - and so he was going to do. he tightened his grip and shifted his leg a little to the right, so he would have a better standing when he would thrust the spears blade into the boars head.  

But there was no thrust into the head, as the boar changed it's direction and aimed for his unprotected side. Hei quickly turned around, but lost his stance. Now not standing steady he wasn't going to let the pup hit him. he jumped out of the way, rolling over his shoulder and standing up again. The boar continued running and so there wasn't a chance for hey to land an attack now. - This is not what I trained, maybe I have to overthink trainign with immobile objects-

Spoiler

ID# 79557
Battle: 4 (miss) -> -2 energy -> 3/6
Mob: 4 (miss)

Battle stats:

Hei: 54/60 HP | 3/6 Energy | DMG 2

Boar pup : 1/5 HP | DMG 3

Edited by Hei
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hei began sprinting after the boar pup, following it down the hill. While charging after it he changed his grip to get a little more reach with the spear. With his increased reach he poked towards the beast, but the boar sidestepped it, continuing to run away. Hei slowed down as he had missed his target once again and breathed deeply. - This fight is just as the last one, the silly boars just dodge my attacks and I can't do anything against it. - he thought while getting slower and slower, finally coming to a halt.

This was the moment the boar pup had waited for, as it turned around in a big curve and charged at Hei from his side. As Hei was still panting he didn't hear the boars steps and got hit without warning, going down falling to the ground. "God dammit, f*cking beast. I`ll make you pay for that!" he yelled while falling.

Spoiler

ID# 79648
Battle: 5 (miss) -> -2 ENG -> 2/6 ENG
Mob: 7 (hit) -> 3DMG -> 51/60 HP

Battle stats:

Hei: 51/60 HP | 2/6 Energy | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

With the burning desire to kill the boar pup flaming up in his eyes Hei rolled over, so he looked at the grass. Then he pushed him self up to perform a jump to stand up. His spear still in hand he focused on the boar pup and followed every single movement it did. Shifting his stance to always have the beast in front of him he slowly moved around the grunting animal. The spears griped so tight, that his knuckles where seen white, throw himself into a thrust expanding his arms towards the boar as he jumped at the boar pup. - This will show it to not get me angry- was his last thought before the boar made an unexpected movement and the spear cut through thin air, sending Hei flying to the ground again.

The Boar used the perfect opportunity of Hei once again laying on the ground to amble over to him and without haste let out a loud huff before closing its yaws around his leg. "Ahh, damn you beast!"

Spoiler

ID# 79765
Battle: 4 (miss) -> 1/6 Energy
Mob: 6 (hit) -> 3DMG -> 48/60 HP

Battle stats:

Hei: 48/60 HP | 1/6 Energy | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

With the beasts yaws around his leg there was no way for him to actually fight it effectively so Hei was trying to loosen the beasts grip around his leg. he was shifting around, and kicking the boar, but it would not open its mouth. " You damned beast, let me go!" he yelled while still kicking at the beasts head. Eventually it opened its mouth and Hei quickly pulled back his leg, while also crouching away from the boar.

The boar had opened its mouth just to bite Hei again, but this time with a lot more power behind it, but it was not suspecting him to move his leg as quickly as he did, so there was the loud sound of the beasts yaws hitting nothing but themself. The boar let out a grunt that showed its anger.

Spoiler

ID# 79766
Battle: 2 (miss) -> 0/6 Energy
Mob: 2 (miss)

Battle stats:

Hei: 48/60 HP | 0/6 Energy | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

Hei was still at the ground when the boar once more attacked him, but within a split second Hei raised his spear and held it above him to defend against the incoming attack. The boar buried his tusks in the spears wood, but the spear was hard enough to withstand the attack without problems. So now it was Hei's chance to end the fight. He flung the spear around, bringing the boar to the ground while himself getting into a position to quickly stand up. - I will end it now. It's just one more hit and it is gone- he thought while h closed in for the kill. The spear sped down towards the boar as the beast rolled to the side, ending up back on its legs, grunting at Hei and panting the ground.

Then both fighters took a few steps back, ready to end it all with one last attack. The Boar pup grunted another time and its eyes glowing red. Hei himself prepared for this hopefully last attack.

Spoiler

ID# 79768
Battle: 4 (miss)

Battle stats:

Edited by Hei

The two opponents were nearly 15 meters away from each other, both watching the others every step. The boar pup let out a angry grunt, getting ready to charge Hei, who himself raised the spear a little, shouting over to the boar: " Hey there little one, wanna get killed?" to provoke the mob to a sloppy attack. Watching each other it took the boar 5 minutes before it came running towards Hei, looking for an opening in his defensive stance. The boar tried rounding the Spearman, but Hei wouldn't let it get into his back or side and tuned on the place. Then the charge came and Hei thrust the spear right against it.

The spear missed its target and hit the floor, while the boar was still getting closer. It was just half an meter away when Hei jumped to the side, holding on to the stuck spear and doing a swinging movement around the spear, so he was in the beasts back. Pulling the spear out of the ground, and spinning it around, so the point would be raised high he released another attack towards the boar, which just in time turned around to see the spears blade coming at it, so it ducked beneath it unharmed.

Spoiler

ID# 79771
Battle: 3 (miss)

Battle stats:

Edited by Hei

- This is enough, I should end it right now and then I'll train some more - Hei thought after the boar once again evaded his attack. "You will die now, for real!" he yelled at the boar, spinning the spear around, using the left energy of the last swing to increase the spears speed. There was no spear to be seen, just a grey brown circle, as it spun so quickly. With the spinning weapon in hands Hei launched himself at the boar, which could not move quick enough before the spear hit it multiple times, leaving red marks and its HP bar dropped to zero. The boar exploded into pixels which got whirled around by the still spinning spear.

Hei stopped the spear and looked down at the place the boar had been a few seconds ago, hoping for a system message to appear, but there was no system message coming. "Oh you god forsaken game!" he yelled in anger, as he realized he had fought against this beast, looking like a noob as he had not hit for so long, and not even getting some loot from it.

Spoiler

ID# 79772
Battle: 7 (hit) -> 2 DMG -> -1/6 HP -> dead
Mob: 5 (miss)

ID# 79773
Loot: 5 (no tusk)

Battle stats:

Boar pup : 0/5 HP | DMG 3 Dead

Edited by Hei

- I got hurt by the beast, and I did not get anything of it. If this had been a mature boar I might be dead by now. - Hei thought while he checked his HP bar. He looked around if there were any boar pups in close range, but there weren't any, so he wouldn't have to fight another one before having a short rest.

Hei was wandering around the hills thinking of where to go for his rest and also how he could get some more training that would actually help him as he saw the suns reflection in a lake not to far away. - I have been to a lake just yesterday and it was some fun to go swimming. This must be what I was looking for. I can rest a little, then have a swim and maybe I will even find a good way to train a little when I am there -  with these thoughts he left the grassy hills towards the big lakes always having an eye on his surroundings in case there were some materials to gather. And there were indeed some interesting plants which looked just as made for gathering tailor materials from them. There were some cotton flowers with dark blue cotton which Hei could use for his crafting later.

Spoiler

ID# 79777
Loot: 17 -> T1 mat found

51/60 HP    (+3)
1/6 Energy (+1)
+1 T1 Mat -> 5 * T1 Mats

Edited by Hei

Happy about finding the rare blue cotton while not even searching for some Hei arrived at the lake shore and instantly was feeling way better about the game again. - The fighting system is not my favourite, as there is no attack locking, but this might be the special feeling of this game. But the environment design is just so perfect, it makes me actually want to live here -  he thinks while putting the spear into his inventory. Without his weapon and the frustration about how bad he was in fighting he stretched a let out a yawn. "time for some sunbathing" he murmured softly as he looked for a place to lie down and take a short nap.

He hadn't had to go far before finding a spot just a few feet from the shore where a big flat rock was lying on the ground. The stone was comfortably warm from the sun and it was swung a little, so it looked just like a Roman lying chair. Hei laid down and closed his eyes, listening to the sound of dragonflies flying over the lake and the reeds rushing in the wind.

Spoiler

ID# 79778
Loot: 10 (nothing found)

54/60 HP    (+3)
2/6 Energy (+1)

Edited by Hei

Not long later Hei woke up by a loud sound he could not immediately match with what he remembered from when he went to take a nap. It was a loud splashing sound coming from the water, so he opened his eyes and after rubbing the sleep out of his eyes he peered over to the shore. There was something in the water, swimming towards the shore and making loud splashing sounds. - Interesting, I should have a look what this thing is- Hei thought and stretched on his stone preparing to stand up.

As he stood on the shore he had a better look onto the thing in the water and saw, that it was a strange animal, maybe a combination of boar and cat, as it looked a lot like it. "Hey you little one, what are you?" he asked with soft and calm voice but the animal did not respond to it at all. - If it won't react to me it won't be dangerous. So I should just take my swim and then do some training - he thought as he unequipped his armour and cloth, as he wouldn't want them to become wet. With a few steps run-up he jumped into the water, flying some meters before diving into the cold water. "Ahh" he said while exhaling after the first diving distance.

Spoiler

ID# 79783
Loot: 4 (nothing found)

57/60 HP    (+3)
6/6 Energy (full refill)

Edited by Hei

Hei took a deep breath before diving down into the lake again to appreciate the great underwater world he could see down here. There were violet blossoms all over the aquatic plants he could see and everywhere were sparkling colourful fish swimming between the plants. As beautiful as the view was he still had to swim up to the surface again, as his lungs began hurting from not having enough air. Just before coming to the surface Hei got a glance at an underwater spiderweb big enough to be of use in tailoring. He dived down again and with a click at the net he had gathered enough spider silk for usage as material. - If there is a way of breathing under water it would be a cool thing to get later on. But now I should concentrate on getting a bit better in fighting these boars -

So Hei stopped swimming for fun and began swimming laps to train his body. Between two laps the cat boarish animal appeared next to him and began following him, swimming laps with him. This gave him a fillip to swim faster and longer, as he had just wanted leave the water. Hei swam five more laps before leaving the lake and making his way back to the hills where the boars where to be found.

The wind was blowing and a chill went over him, as it was getting a little cold without his cloth, so Hei opened the inventory and equipped all he had. He was ready for another battle

Spoiler

ID# 79784
Loot: 17 (mat found)

60/60 HP    (+3)
+1 T1 Mat -> 6 * T1 Mats

Edited by Hei

He walked towards the hills, looking for another boar he could fight and with a bit of luck gather a second tusk from. - I have to gather three of these tusks and then I can end this quest. This should give some experience points and maybe some equipment - he thought, as he let his gaze wander around.

There it was, a boar, all by itself, completely unaware to its coming end.

big_1471735957_image.jpg

Hei didn't want the boar to run away or have any chance for a counter attack, so he went down to the ground and crouched towards it, trying to be as silent as possible until he would be close enough to hit it with the spears big range.

When he finally arrived at the boar he quickly stood up, charged a Heft skill and released it at the boar which acted as if it had known that he was coming, what probably was the case. It quickly stepped two meters forwards, being out of the spears reach, then turning around and with a bigger step was at Hei, ramming its tusks into Hei's stomach.

Spoiler

ID# 79785
Battle: 2 (miss) -> -2 energy -> 4/6 energy
Mob: 8 (hit) -> 3DMG -> 57/60 HP

Battle stats:

Hei: 57/60 HP | 4/6 Energy | DMG 2

Boar pup : 5/5 HP | DMG 3

Edited by Hei

Thrown to the ground by the impacts strength Hei crawled backwards to get some distance between himself and the boar which itself had other plans. The boar went on with pressing Hei who had no way to get away so it was not so hard for it to land another hit. This time it bit into Hei's left leg, which was unprotected, as he was crawling backwards. Red pixels exploded from the wound and Hei's HP dropped a little, while he exhaled from pain that wasn't really there.

- come on Hei, it is close and you can end this already - he encouraged himself. Then he crawled away a little further, getting enough distance between the two of them to stand up and as the boar came after him he sidestepped it, activating another Heft swordskill and this time hitting. The boar was hit in its side, a big red wound appeared , and was thrown away a little.

Spoiler

ID# 79786
Battle: 8 (hit) 2DMG * (1x2) = 4 DMG -> 1/5 HP
Mob: 7 (hit) -> 3 DMG -> 54/60 HP

Battle stats:

Hei: 54/60 HP | 3/6 Energy (+1 -2) | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

Hei immediately followed the boar to kill it with a follow up strike, but the silly animal landed, did two steps and then stumbled over something, falling to the ground and letting the spear hit nothing but thin air. Hei wasn't feeling good to be so close to the beast, so he retreated a few meters, his spear still ready for a good fight.

The boar got up from the ground and with an angry grunt took a run to tackle Hei once again. But Hei was way to agile, dodging the boars tackle by stepping to the side and supporting himself with the spear at the other side. After that he tried to thrust the spear into the boars back, but was not aware of how quick the animal was moving, so he again did not hit it.

The attacking and dodging went on for some time before the tow opponents both were far enough away for both to prepare a better aimed attack.

Spoiler

ID# 79788
Battle: 2 (miss)
Mob: 1 (critical miss)

Battle stats:

Hei: 54/60 HP | 2/6 Energy (+1 -2) | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

Hei saw the bloodlust in the boars eyes, glowing red so light, he could even see it from 20 meters across the grassy hillside. -The beast will storm against me, so I have to dodge the first attack, and then with a quick movement I can end the boars life.- It was that so easy, at least in Hei's head, but as the boar charged at him he barely dodged the attack and the boar was prepared for the dodge this time, quickly turning and with quite some high speed ramming Hei where he had just landed after dodging. 

The damn boar had hit him once again, and he hadn't been able to even start the planned attack, so he began slashing at it in pure anger, not aiming properly nor using anything he had learned so far. The spear slashed through air and the boar was simply walking backwards, evading the attacks without difficulties. This was not what Hei wanted to see, so he was getting even more angry. "Come here, let me hit you with this spear you little devil!!!" he screamed with a voice that sounded oddly high for him.

Spoiler

ID# 79807
Battle: 5 (miss)
Mob: 7 (hit) -> 3 DMG -> 51/60 HP

Battle stats:

Hei: 51/60 HP | 1/6 Energy (+1 -2) | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

*from the boars point of view*

The strange beast was whirling the long arm around, releasing an annoying howling noise while also trying to hit me with the long arm to hurt me. That was not so fun as I had to learn earlier. I took some steps back, going away from the howling long arm swinging beast and said to it "Go away, let me alone or I will sink my tusks in your weak long leg" but it did not step back. Being aware of the wind that brushed through my bristles and the grass touching my hooves I eyed the beast and let out a last warning, but it still closed in on me.

The beast made a strange roaring battle scream before launching towards me, so I was warned and charged under the rotating long arm, ducking low to not get hit, but the strange beast seemed to have foreseen it and rapidly moved its hard long arm down towards me, as I saw there was no escape I was sure I would die, so I could at least hurt it to make the beast less dangerous to my kind. So I changed direction into the long arm, sinking my tusks into the beasts second upper knee. Red sparkles coming from the beasts wound were the last thing I saw, before everything vanished.

*end of boars view*

The boar exploded into pixels and this time the hoped message appeared. *System message: boar tusk found, 2/3 found so far*

Spoiler

ID# 79809
Battle: 10 (crit) -> 2+2DMG = 4 DMG -> -3/5 HP -> dead
Mob: 7 (hit) -> 3 DMG -> 48/60 HP

ID# 79817
Loot: 13 (found tusk)

Battle stats:

Hei: 48/60 HP | 1/6 Energy (+1 -1) | DMG 2

Boar pup : 0/5 HP | DMG 3 Dead

Edited by Hei

"Yeah, look at that, I got another tusk, so I just have to get one more" Hei cheered, happy to have found a second tusk. A short look at this health bar told him, that it was time for a short break again, even though the fight hadn't lasted long his health and energy both were a bit low, and he wouldn't want to stumble into a fight unprepared. - it is close to teatime, maybe I should visit the town and have a look for some biscuit a good cup of tea -

Hei did as he thought and went into town, looking for a nice looking teahouse where he could enjoy a cup of tea and something fitting to eat, but this was not so easy, as the game was designed by a Japanese and they did not have a teatime as the British people do. Hei was not British himself, but while travelling through Europe he had gotten used to having teatime and had done it since then. He walked trough the town of beginners and after half an hour he found a tavern that seemed to serve tea.

As Hei entered the tavern his black hair got blown into his face and he nearly fell over a chair as he didn't see it. So stumbling into the tavern he straightened up before going over to the counter and asked the big man behind it "Excuse me sir, do you serve tea? And if so do you have some biscuit to go with it?" The big man answered in a rumbling loud voice "Of course we have tea, but I don't have biscuits to go with it, but how about a piece of cake?" while he was talking a price list was appearing in front of Hei and he decided that he would take a cup of tea and a piece of chocolate cake.

51/60 HP    (+3)
2/6 Energy (+1)

"Thank you sir, I will indeed take a piece of cake with my tea. This chocolate cake you have there looks good, so it'll be my choice" Hei said as he tipped the two items he wanted on the price list, transferring 20 col for the teatime snack. "A pleasure to serve you, you can sit down somewhere over there, I'll bring it to you" the man answered and went to the kitchen to cook some tea. Not long time later Hei had a steaming cup of tea in front of him and a small chocolate cake that made his mouth watering.

corconia-fruit-chocolate-cake-log-horizo

- Oh yeah, this looks so good, it will definitely be worth every col - Hei thought before taking a small fork and taking his first bite of the cake. It tasted like one would imagine the paradise of taste buds has to taste. The unbelievable delicious cake melted on his tongue and he could not do anything other than eat the whole cake way to quick and when it was gone a kind of sad feeling came up inside of him "Sir, this cake is really good, you might see me again tomorrow at the same time" and with these words he left the tavern, but not without drinking his tea.

54/60 HP    (+3)
3/6 Energy (+1)

-20 col -> 380 col

"Whoah, that cake was so good. But now I have to do some training, or I'll get fat" Hei mumbled as he left the tavern and set out towards the towns outskirts and the hills where he would find more boars to fight later on. His stomach felt filled and a strange kind of happiness came from within, as he thought about eating another piece of this cake. He wandered around the towns border and found it quite relaxing to just feel the wind go through his hair, the sun warming his skin and the weight of the spear at his back was a nice feeling too.

Hei walked around not knowing what to do for nearly half an hour before he arrived at a small group of trees where he could do some more dry sparring training with the spear. Slashes and thrusts where what he should train so he tried to hit the tree as often as possible in a short time and after that he tried some movement training. Hei ran past the tree and tried to land a good stab at it while running.

57/60 HP    (+3)
6/6 Energy (full refill)

Hei had trained quite a while before he felt ready to fight another boar pup, but then he was sure this fight would go well. After sneaking up on the animals hadn't worked well for him he just walked towards one, having the spear ready and yelling over "Hey you little beast, come here and fight, so I can end you just as I ended your brother" This was meant to make the beast aggressive as he did not actually believe in the creatures in SAO being able to feel something, but there might be a mechanism for them to react to provocation.

The boar actually raised its head, looking at Hei and laying his head to one side, as if it was understanding what he was saying. After a short moment it lowered its head again, but did not continue eating some grass, but getting a run on Hei. - It has worked, that is really interesting, and I might have to be more careful what I yell at beasts from now on- he thought while changing the spears position into the pre-motion of the Heft swordskill. the spears heft began glowing red, but before it was charges up enough to get released the boar was already there, pushing the spear away and ramming Hei at his legs, sending him to the ground.

Spoiler

ID# 79826
Battle: 1 (crit fail) -> -2 NRG -> 4/6 NRG
Mob: 8 (hit) -> 3 DMG -> 54/60 HP

Battle stats:

Hei: 54/60 HP | 4/6 NRG (-2) | DMG 2

Boar pup : 5/5 HP | DMG 3

Edited by Hei