[SP-F1]poking pups <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> COMPLETE

Right after delivering the package and getting the potions:  " It is not much of work, but I can't leave the workshop at the moment. If you'll do it I can craft a weapon as reward, what'd you say about that? " the old blacksmith says. "Thank you once again for handing me the potions. Before answering your question I'd like to know what exactly I have to do. If it is a gathering task like look for these ore deposits and bring me ore I have to reject your request." Hei answers, still remembering how boring it was to search for materials.

With a simple laughing sound the blacksmith answered: "I really do need some material, and it even is more rare than the ingredients you had to gather for my fried. But I can assure you it won't be as boring as gathering plants. You'd need to kill some Boar Pubs to collect their tusks, do you think you could do that for me?" With a nod he accepts the quest and leaves the workshop. *Quest message: Quest accepted -> fight boar pups and collect three tusks*

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hei exits the town through the western gate, entering the green hills of the first floor. Here where many boars, as he had seen earlier, but this time he was not just here to see them, but to fight. - First thing I should do is rereading the skill section of the menu. Or better first equip my weapon. - so he equipped the winged spear, holding him with one hand he reopens the skill menu and has a look.

There where three skills he could use right now. The first one was called Sonic Charge and would release a blast, as the spear would penetrate the sound barrier, and would be able to hit multiple enemies at once. it's "pre-motion" was a charging hold with the tip aimed at the opponent. The second skill was Twin Thrust which would be two quick thrusts used to immobilize an enemy, it's "pre-motion" was close to sonic charge's, but the spear would be pointed downwards, as the enemies knees where the thrusts goal. The last one was a heavy attack with the spear's heft called Heft which could do some serious damage and would be prepared when lifting the hefts end to a high position on the fighters right side.

Knowing this Hei choose the next Boar pup to charge it and prepare a sonic charge to also hit the one just behind it. He ran up to the first one, his spar glowing in the bright blue of a charged Sonic Blast just for him to stumble over something on the ground. The spear trusted into the ground mad the earth explode pieces around, which hit the boars, getting their attention. Both boars turning around and charging Hei he barely evades one, as the other boar hits him at the side, burying his tusk into Hei. Red pixel dropping to the ground where they disappeared and the health bar in the top left dropped a little.

Battle stats:

Hei: 57/60 HP | 4/6 Energy | DMG 2

Boar pup 1: 5/5 HP | DMG 3

Boar Pup 2: 5/5 HP | DMG 3

Spoiler

ID# 79010 results:

Battle: 1 (critical fail) -> -2 Energy -> 5/6 to use next round

MOB: 6 (Boar 1 hits) -> 3 DMG -> 57/60 HP

ID# 79011
MOB: 5 (Boar 2 misses)

Edited by Hei

Now, right between two aggressive boar pups, Hei hadn't much time to think about what he was doing, so he merely straightened up, firming his grip onto the spear and swinging the large weapon around him, trying to hit the boar that hit him just a few seconds ago. But standing so close to the boar pup the spear swung over it, not even hitting its bristles. - oh, I should aim a little better next time - he thought, moving few steps backwards.

The boar he just missed also took some steps back, but not to retreat, but to charge at Hei the moment he moved his eyes away from it. This time the beast run past Hei and while near him flicking it's head to the left to cut into Hei's leg. Red pixels spraying into the air and the HP bar once again dropping a little bit.

The second Boar still was extremely angry to be interrupted while eating and so it jumped the short distance between itself and Hei to bite into his extended left arm, but Hei's arm twitches back a little as he gets hit at the leg, so the second boar misses him.

Spoiler

ID# 79044 results:

Battle: 3 (miss) -> 5/6 EP - 2 EP = 3/6 EP +1 regen -> 4/6 for next round

MOB: 8 (boar 1 hits) -> 3DMG -> 54/60 HP

ID# 79045 MOB: 5 (boar 2 miss)

Battle stats:

Hei: 54/60 HP | 4/6 Energy | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

"Darn you little beasts" Hei shouts as he jumps back, swinging his spear around to bring it up in front of him, pointing towards the boars. A dim light blue light begins curling around the spears blade, as it intensifies Hei releases his control and the game kicks in, making him sprint the two steps towards the boars, thrusting the spear at the nearest one with unbelievable speed. - this will do the trick - Hei thought, but just that second the boar turned his head, and also jumped towards him. The spears point hits nothing but thin air while the boar crashes into Hei, throwing him to the ground and further reducing his health bar.

The second boar also started an attack, but instead of hitting Hei it hit the flying boar, not damaging it, but throwing it away a little. Short after that it turns it's head towards Hei and red glowing eyes stared at him, showing the beasts hate.

Spoiler

ID# 79048 results:

Battle: 5 (miss) -> 3/6 EP next turn

MOB: 7 (boar 1 hits) -> 51/60 HP

ID# 79049

MOB: 2 (boar 2 miss)

Battle stats:

Hei: 51/60 HP | 3/6 Energy | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

Hei crawls away from the two boars, feeling a light tingle where pain should be from the wounds. His health bar still in the high green part he wasn't really worried about loosing the fight, even he hadn't hit anything the whole fight. As the first boar, which had bin tackled away a little stood up again and hefted it's red gaze onto Hei he used his spear to get up and take an battle ready stance. The boar pawed the ground, panting wildly and Hei readied his Heft by raising the spear's lower end a little. A dark red glow appeared around it as the boar charged towards him, moments before the beast could sink its tusks into him he released the attack, hitting it's head at the left bottom, cutting across it's face and finally unloading the blows full power onto it's shoulder, sending it flying backwards. While still in the air the boar dissolved into pixels.

"Hell yeah, that's how you do it" Hei crowed while looking at the dissolving boar, not paying attention to the second one, which used it's chance by biting into Hei's left leg. "[censored], hadn't seen this!" he said as his hp bar dropped a little more. with a ringing sound a message appeared which he quickly accepted. It was the dropped tusk from the first boar.

Spoiler

ID# 79108
Battle: 9 (critical hit) 2DMG + 1 = 3 base damage * (1x2 for heft) = 6 dmg -> boar 1 -1/5 HP -> dead | -2 EP +1 -> 2/6 next turn
MOB: 2 (miss)

ID# 79109
MOB: 6 (boar 2 hit) -> 48/60 HP

ID# 79110
Loot: 16 (boar tusk drop)

Battle stats:

Hei: 48/60 HP | 3/6 Energy | DMG 2

Boar pup 1: 0/5 HP | DMG 3 Dead

Edited by Hei

The boar was close, just turning around after it's last attack and again it was gazing at Hei. It's eyes glowing red and small steam clouds coming from it's nose it lowered it's head and moved towards him, eyeing Hei's every move.
Hei watched the boar pup, as it began moving forwards, he took a few steps back to have enough time to charge his Heft swordskill. While the spear began glowing dark red the boar accelerated it's movement and lifted it's head again, releasing a loud grunting noise.

The boars tusks buried into Hei's right thigh as the spears heft send it flying backwards, reducing it's HP to zero and making it disappear. "god dammit, why had t to hit me. That does not feel good" The fight was over, but Hei didn't get another tusk from this one. The moment the fight was done, a message appeared. * Quest message: one out of three tusks found*

Spoiler

ID# 79113
Battle: 10 ( crit ) 2+2 base damage * (1x2) = 8 DMG -> -3 / 5 HP -> dead
MOB: 8 (hit) 3 DMG -> 45/60 HP

ID# 79114
Loot: 9 (no tusk)

Battle stats:

Hei: 45/60 HP | 1/6 Energy | DMG 2

Boar pup 1: 0/5 HP | DMG 3 Dead

Boar Pup 2: 0/5 HP | DMG 3 Dead

Edited by Hei

Hei breathed deeply for a minute, before he took a look at what the boars did to him. The wounds did not hurt, but they where red glowing and looked bad. Looking at his HP bar he realized that these boar pups had damaged him for 1/4 of his health and they were so weak, he could destroy them with just one attack each. - I have to do some more training, or I'll die when being engaged by something more dangerous then these pups. Also I should heal myself up before entering another fight! What kind of healing was there in this game ? - while thinking about this he regained one HP, so slow regeneration was a thing, and health potions, but they were to valuable, as one could use them within a fight.

-If I have to wait till my HP regenerated back up, I could do some material gathering around here, so I won't sit around and waist time- With his mind made up Hei left the battlefield and began searching for something he could use later. Maybe some plant fibres, as he was at this big meadow at the moment it didn't take long for him to find some vine like plants he gathered, earning some strong plant fibres

+1 T1 Mats
+3 HP -> 48/60
+1 EP -> 2/6 EP

Spoiler

ID# 79235
Loot: 20 (found material)

Edited by Hei

As Hei was able to find some material it mad him looking for some more, so he would have a good chunk when he finally started making his own stuff. And besides this the health regeneration wasn't really high, so it would still take so time before he was ready to battle again. Hei wasn't a gamer like many others, as a games journalist he wanted to find some more than most others, so he noted down where he found the plant, hoping there would be recourse respawn in sao and he would be able to find stuff on the same place again and again. - I belief it would be a good thing to find out if there are farming routes one could use. and maybe I could give them to the guides writers, as it would be helpfull for everyone -

So he began walking circles at the field he was at, to capture every last meter and have a look if there were more places these plants would spawn. and it didn't took long for him to find another plant he gathered and marked at his map.

+1 T1 Mats -> 2T1 Mats
+3 HP -> 51/60
+1 EP -> 3/6 EP

Spoiler

ID# 79236
Loot: 15 (found material)

Edited by Hei

-Yeah, it works, there really are more of these plants. So if I find some more I may find a pattern of spawn points, making it much easier to find materials - he thought while slowly walking in shrinking circles, looking for more plants. He had his eyes on the ground, so he couldn't see what was happening above him, but he could hear some bird of prey scream and he could feel the warm breeze brushing through his hair. - What a nice feeling, maybe I should have a break after finding the next Plant. So I can relax a little before jumping into the next fight - Hei looked up if he could find the bird and also to have a wider view over the meadow, so he could probably find plants without walking al the way around.

Short after he left the circular way he saw some kind of bush or bigger plant a way over to the other side. -This could be some, I'd better check that out- He quickly walked over there, but is was just some kind of thorny rose bush, it looked quite nice with it's tiny blossoms between the thorns, but it wasn't anything of use for Hei right now.

+3 HP -> 54/60
+1 EP -> 6/6 EP

Spoiler

ID# 79237
Loot: 9 (found nothing)

Edited by Hei

Some time passed and Hei continued searching for some more material. The sun shone bright onto the green grass and the smell of flowers hang in the air. Through this scenery Hei walked, using his spear as a staff, looking out for some more plants he could use. about three circles further in the mid he found another one he gathered.

Later he decided, that it was time for a short nap, as it had been really pleasant the last time, between gathering berries for the old alchemist. Besides that he had found a nice looking location with a single apple tree and short and soft grass underneath. - I will rest here, watching the clouds and having a lazy time. It's not bad to do so, is it? - And as he thought he laid down and watched the clouds flying by, the tree slowly moving in the pleasant breeze. The grass was so soft, that it didn't take long for him to fall asleep, dreaming of some other games he had played.

+1 T1 Mats -> 3T1 Mats
+3 HP -> 57/60

Spoiler

ID# 79253
Loot: 15 (found plant fibres)

Edited by Hei

After waking up from his short nap Hei checked his HP, they weren't at their maximum, but not far away, so he wasn't willing to wait longer before looking for another boar. The quest was to obtain three of the tusks and he just had gotten one by now, so he was eager to hunt down some more boars. -This time I will focus one at the time, so I don't have to evade attacks from the side or behind me.- with this intent he stood up, picked up his spear and had a look for some boar pup he could pierce his spear through.

Short after leaving his nap time place he found a boar pup standing on a small hill, digging the ground for something to eat. -This is my chance, he won't even see me before I hit him - he thinks, running towards the boar, trying to keep put of it's view until he is close enough to storm towards it, charging a Heft skill and releasing it onto the boar, creating a big wound and reducing it's health to 20%. The Boar is not quick enough to attack him, as he quickly jumps back after his hit.

Spoiler

ID# 79255
Combat: 8 (hit) -> next turn 5/6 EP | 2 DMG * (1x2) = 4 DMG -> 1/5 HP
Mob: 2 (miss)

Battle stats:

Hei: 57/60 HP | 5/6 Energy | DMG 2

Boar pup : 1/5 HP | DMG 3

Edited by Hei

After this successful attack Hei didn't thought long, before swinging the spear back at the pup, trying to stop the next incoming attack by aiming the spears blade at the boar pup's head, so it would ram against it. The plan looked good in Hei's head, but in reality it wasn't as helpful as planned. The boar rammed the spear sending it flying through the air. Hei got to jump away from the boar pup's attack, but had to run after his weapon if he wanted to be able to effectively continue the fight.
He ran through the grass, feeling the sharp dried one cutting into his flesh, but ignoring it. Then he reached his weapon, grabbed it with both hands and pulled it out of the ground where it had stuck after landing with it's point downwards.  - Ok, no need to panic, it hasn't hit me once and I have nearly full HP. If I correct my aim next time and not just hold it, but actively thrust it into it's head I might kill it with one more strike. -

Spoiler

ID# 79377
Combat: 1 (critical fail) -> next turn 4/6 EP |
Mob: 3 (miss)

Battle stats:

Hei: 57/60 HP | 4/6 Energy | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

With the spear tight in his hands Hei shifted his stance to a more stable and less agile one, facing the boar pup that just turned around after it's last attack. He slightly raised the spears tip to start charging his Sonic Charge swordskill. The Spear began glowing in a light blue shine and sparks ran over it. It was time to end this fight. "Huaaaa! " he screamed, holding the spear aimed at the boar is it began running at him.

Just before being in rage of the spear the boar sidestepped it in anticipation of where it would hit, and with a quick turn of it's head cut through Hei's leg. There wasn't pain, just the strange feeling of pressure and then the red pixels accompanied by his HP bar falling a little.  "Ah, damn, why are these beasts so quick"  he rumbled not really for anyone to hear. - Waiting doesn't seem to work, maybe I have to do some aggressive attacking ba myself-

Spoiler

ID# 79416
Combat: 4 (fail) -> next turn 3/6 EP |
Mob: 7 (hit) -> 3DMG -> 54/60

Battle stats:

Hei: 54/60 HP | 3/6 Energy | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

Hei quickly turned around, his spear following the running boar pup. While the pup was still running Hei started running too, getting ready to jump the boar and strike it down. - just one step closer, just another step and I can kill it - he motivated himself, as he run after the boar, which was faster than thought. Hei channelled his energy into his legs, spurting after the animal, reducing the distance between them with every step he took.

The moment he was close enough he let out a war scream, pushed out his leg and jumped into the air, raising his right arm to have more power for his killing blow. At the highest point of the flight he thrust the spear downwards, to impale the boar, but he just hit thin air and short time later the ground, as the boar had stumbled into a mice hole and fall to the ground, which stopped it from keeping it's pace.

As Hei landed again he began swearing out loud, cursing the boar and the damn game system that hadn't enough battle assistance for him.

Spoiler

ID# 79416
Combat: 4 (fail) -> next turn 2/6 EP
Mob: 1 (critical miss)

Battle stats:

Hei: 54/60 HP | 2/6 Energy | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

"FCK you, damn system. I'll kill it, just you see" he yelled, while stumbling forward, after the not to good landing. This damn boar was still alive, but it was stuck inside a mice hole, so it should be easy killing it. Just at this moment it pulled it's leg out of the hole, angry snorting towards Hei. The red glowing eyes looking right into Hei's and the beast showing it's intention to kill.

It once again started running, charging at him, it's tusks ready to cut him another time. Hei was still a little shaky from the hard collision with the ground, so he wasn't quick enough to get out of the way. Instead he just moved his spear between the monsters head an his legs, preventing it to hit there, but leaving an opening for a second attack against his arms. Shocked by the quick movement he got hit and let his spear go, dropping it to the ground.

Spoiler

ID# 79418
Combat: 1 (crit fail) -> next turn 1/6 EP
Mob: 6 (hit) -> 3DMG -> 51/60

Battle stats:

Hei: 51/60 HP | 1/6 Energy | DMG 2

Edited by Hei

- I am down by 15% of health and I don't have enough energy left to fight with my skills, so I have to rely on my standard spear fighting. - he thought while rolling away from the boar pup, getting his spear while rolling over it and jumping to his feet afterwards. The boar did not wait but stormed after him, grunting with murder lust. Hei shortly turned his head just to see that the boar wasn't far away. - how can I efficiently get rid of it - Hei asked himself while running, doing a turn and getting ready for another attack. The spear in his hand, more like a staff than a spear he began spinning it around his arms and his body, trying to confuse the boar pup that was running after him.

"Come here you filthy boar, I'll show you what you get for attacking me." With these words he stopped spinning the spear, thrusting its blade at the boars head. Slicing through it with enough power to kill the boar, which continued flying towards him. Hei wasn't able to jump away, as his spear was stuck in the dead boar, so he got hit by the full weight and fall to the ground when the boar pup disappeared, not dropping anything.

Spoiler

ID# 79468
Combat: 7 (hit) -> 2 DMG -> 0/5 HP -> dead
Mob: 10 (crit) -> 3DMG -> 48/60

Loot roll:
ID# 79469
Loot: 2

Battle stats:

Hei: 48/60 HP | 1/6 Energy | DMG 2

Boar pup : 0/5 HP | DMG 3 Dead

Edited by Hei

Hurt by the fight and drained of all his energy points Hei simply sat down where he was and waited for the regeneration to kick in. "Wow, I did not get a tusk, so I'll have to at least fight two more of these small beasts" he mumbled, while having a look on where he had wounds. -I am happy that there aren't status effects like broken bones which would reduce my agility. - remembering that the regeneration wasn't that quick Hei took out a portion of bread and some water, and began eating.
There were more boar pups around, but they didn't bothered him while eating, as they were passive enemies.

- The last fight was a catastrophe, so I should do some training while regenerating. And I could also have a look for some more plants- He concluded, while finishing his meal. He took some more time before standing up and taking his spear. He felt the place he had been and went looking for some plants and found some kind of climbing vines at a tree which he could gather for later usage. The same tree he used for some fighting training, aiming at full reach and some quick thrust-slash combinations.

Spoiler

ID# 79470
Loot: 18 (found)

+3 HP -> 51/60 HP
+1 Energy -> 2/6 Energy
+1 T1 Mat -> 4* T1 Mats

Edited by Hei

Hei was slowly getting used to his spear, so he began trying different moves with it. At first he just held it at the far side, so the reach would be grater, but there was less control in doing so. The thrusts not only just hit every second time, but if they hit they were weak and sometimes just scraped over the tree. - If I fight like this in a real fight I don't think I can achieve much. But how can I change that?- So he changes his hold on the spear, shifting his hands up the shaft, so he had the spear with about same length beneath his hands and above them. This gave a little less reach, but much more control over the weapon.

Trying what he could do with this hold he began thrusting at the tree, nearly getting his spear stuck in the wood, as the impact was much stronger and the point was straight at the tree. - This is much better, so this will be how I use the weapon - he thought while adding a swinging slash to his attack, cutting deep into the wood. "Yeah, that's it" But there were even more ways to use the spear, as Hei quickly learned. He could use it to parry but this was hard to train against a tree. But there was the swordskill where he attacked with the weapons heft, so why not use it to attack without the swordskill?

After training for an hour he left the poor tree and went searching for some more materials, but he had no luck this time.

Spoiler

ID# 79554
Loot: 10 (nothing found)

+3 HP -> 54/60 HP
+1 Energy -> 3/6 Energy

Edited by Hei

Hei once more was running around the grassy hills, looking for some more materials, but this time it was not just running around without plan. He hoped, that the hour of training would be enough for the plants to respawn, so he opened the notebook in which he had marked the coordinates where he had found the plants earlier today. - I hope one hour is enough and that they actually respawn at all. If not the map would be rubbish- He thought while jogging towards the first location where he had found the strange plants, but there was nothing there. "uh, dammit" but he wasn't discouraged that quick, so he went to look at the next coordinates, but there wasn't a plant either. - Ok, it seems that they did not respawn. maybe one hour is just not enough time, so I will keep the coordinates and may check again tomorrow.-

After jogging around he felt a bit hot and so he searched for a hilltop with shade to have a short rest before he would search for the next boar pup to fight.

Spoiler

ID# 79555
Loot: 11 (nothing found)

+3 HP -> 57/60 HP
Energy full -> 6/6 Energy

Edited by Hei

Hei took his spear and pushed himself from the ground, so he would have a better view. From up on the hilltop there was no problem to find a few boars strolling around, and looking for food. Two of them where even fighting over something that must be an apple. - I could try fighting two again, but I am not sure if this is a good Idea. I better try my new technique on a single one -  so he was looking for a single boar pup not to far away. It didn't take long to find one that was standing alone on the sunny side of a hill in just 100 meters distance from him.

With a happy face and the spear in hands Hei went running down the hill he was at and up the one the pup was. As he came close he charged a Heft attack and the spear began glowing red. The glow was getting more intense as longer he held it. When he finally reached the boar pup the complete spear was covered with a dark red glow. This was when Hei allowed the system to take over control and with precision and power he wouldn't be able to use the spear hit the boars head, spinning the spear around and hitting the shoulder with the point. two big red lines appeared at the boars body and his HP dropped down to 20%.

The now hurt boar jumped back a little, just to charge at Hei, evading the spear which he held to parry an attack and slashing it's tusk over Hei's leg.

Spoiler

ID# 79556
Battle: 8 (hit) -> 2 DMG * (1x2) = 4 DMG -> 1/5 HP | -2 energy -> 4/6
Mob: 7 (hit) -> 3 DMG -> 54/60 HP

Battle stats:

Hei: 54/60 HP | 4/6 Energy | DMG 2

Edited by Hei