[F1-SP]into the dark <<The Third Lesson, Is just as free>> COMPLETE

After getting the new Spear from Lyle Tealeaf Hei is about to leave the workshop, as the old blacksmith harrumphs, trying to get Hei's attention again. As a polite person as Hei is he turns around and asks "Sir, is there anything I can help you with? Or did I forget something" The old man answers with his deep voice "There is something I do need help with. And you are such a reliable person, so I want you to bring this to a young artisan who ordered it. You will find her in the Grove in the north eastern part of the town." Hei accepted the small package the blacksmith hands to him and opens the menu to have a look at the map while telling the old man "You can count on me, your wares will arrive there as soon as possible. Is there anything I need to know about this artisan?" The blacksmith thinks a short moment before saying: "Her name is Hannah and she likes drawing in that grove, that's all I can tell you".

With these informations and after a short look at the map Hei leaves the workshop and walks towards the grove.

The grove was located in the north eastern part of town, near the towns border. While on the way over to the grove a message arrived and Hei opened it, interested in who might want something from him. The message was from a person called Barryt, but Hei did not know anyone with this name, so he just shortly read through it. - He, who ever he he is wants go give me some free things, that's nice. And the location added to the message is right on the way to the grove. I can do both without losing time -

So Hei wandered towards the blacksmith shop and had a short conversation with the owner who turned out to be an old friend Hei had met when learning game development in the US. After the chat he left the workshop with a few more items to equip. The new equipment was nice, but it made Hei spend almost all his left over skillpoints into one handed assault spear, as he got a really good one and a shield to go with it. With his new equipment he looked way more like a warrior than before. The big spiky shield with the red eye in its middle was kind of scary and its name was not releasing this feeling even a bit.

After changing his equipment Hei set out for the grove, which wasn't far from where he was at the moment, so it didn't take to long to get to it. The grove was a sparkling green speck in the grey, black and white colours of the houses nearby. And within this speck of colour a young woman sat, looking at an old tree, drawing something Hei could not discern from the distance. - This must be Hannah. A nice little place she found for herself - and to let it be like this he slowly came closer, so he would not disturb the artist in her work.

As Hei was close enough to see what she was drawing he was impressed with her work, as the dragon she was drawing looked like it could leave the paper any time and fly around the trees. With a quiet and calm voice Hei addressed the artisan "Dear lady, I just saw your drawing as I walked by and have to tell you that your work is incredible. I would give a lot if I could get as good as you with the paintbrush. " after a short pause he added " your name wouldn't be Hannah?" and so he waited for his compliment to do its work.

The young artisan looked up from her piece of art and as it seemed that the black haired warrior with the strange dragon like hands would not go this quick she put away her brush. "Thank you very much for complimenting my art, but I don't think it is so good. Just look at how curvy the strokes are, I have to do lots of work before being a master of the art. And for your question, yes my name is Hannah, why do you ask? " Hei hadn't expected this kind of answer, as he though his skills in complimenting others where perfect, so he answered a little baffled "Um well, yeah, the Blacksmith Lyle Tealeaf asked me to deliver this small package to you. So if you would take it I can go and do some more questing."

The artisan quickly takes the package and opens it, throwing the packaging away, so it exploded into pixels and held a golden band in hands. "thank you, I have been waiting for this quite some time. It is for creating a ring, but there is more I haven't got by now. You said that Lyle gave you the package? " she asked as she put the band in her pocket.
Hei who had just finished his job answered truthfully " Yes, he sent me to deliver it to you, why do you ask?" " If he trusted you to bring me this and not take it for yourself, you might be the right person for my need, too."

"OK, I can't tell you if I am or if I ain't if you don't tell me what your needs are. And just for information, I wont go and collect plants for you, or anything like that." With these words he ended his words to her, thinking - this might be my next quest. And if she is an artisan I might get some kind of trinket as reward -
Hannah took a few seconds before she spoke again " I actually need you to get some material for me, but it is not easy collecting it, or looking it from monsters. It involves some cave exploring and maybe there is a bit of fighting too. As you can see I have this band of gold, but for it to become a beautiful ring I need a big gemstone that I can channel the energy into. If you would be so kind to bring me a gemstone from the cave found in the hills south east of the town I could give you a trinket I mad a few days ago" 

"Ok, I'll go and have a look for your gemstone. See you later!"

Hei turned around and left the grove while the quest notification appeared in front of him *Quest notification: new Quest accepted; Find the gemstone and return it to Hannah* -Well, so I have a new quest to do. I should get some potions ready for battle, as it sounds a little dangerous to enter a cave. There might be some more dangerous monsters than just little boar pups - So he had a look at the potions he had gained from the quests earlier. * Battle ready equipped: Health potion | safeguard potion *

Hei hit the road and with out further delay went straight for the cave the young artisan had told him to have a look for. The way over to the cave was not very interesting, but it had a few nice views. Hei strolled trough the grassy hills, the grass grazing his legs, sending light chills up his leg. The wind blowing stronger than he had ever felt inside SAO and the sun was hiding behind some clouds. It felt as if the whole game had nothing better to do than to worsen his mood.

Hei arrived at the cave a little before the sun would set, which wasn't a good time to explore a dark cave, as even the last bit of light would soon be gone. - I should have thought about getting some light when I was in town. So now I have to go in to the dark cave without light - Thinking about ways of finding his way inside the cave he equipped the shield which he had unequipped while in town and moved into the cave, running his spear hand at the wall, to not lose the way.

Down in the dark it wasn't lone before Hei hit the first junction, but he had no problem with this, as he would just follow his hand and walk right all the time. This was a tactic known to many gamers, as it was the best way to find everything hidden in a maze. Hei walked a few meters into the new hallway before he heard a strange noise, like a faint rustling and a very high pitched scream. Then before he realized what was happening a big bat like creature flew right at him.

Battle stats:

Hei: 100/100 HP | 10/10 NRG | 2 DMG | MIT 9 | Thorns 21 | ACC 3-1 = 2
Cavebat: 50/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Hei

Hei was still not seeing what was happening when the big leather winged creature attacked him, screaming at him with nearly unhearable high pitched voice and its wings striking for him. But with the big shield in one hand and his other hand at the wall there was not so much he could do either, so he just hid behind the shield. The beast quickly got a little distance between itself and Hei, after one of the shields spikes had hurt it a little.

- I can't see anything, but the games system shouldn't have problems with hitting the beast if I just aim roughly in the right direction - So Hei raised his short spear, over his shoulder, as a poisonous green light flared around the spears hook like point. It took a moment for Hei to see what was in the dim green light, but after this moment he has a good impression on what he was fighting. The beast was a bat with clawed feet. Then the light vanished when the system took control and two quick stabs with the spear hit the beast near it's neck.

Spoiler

ID# 79933
Battle: 5+3-1 = 7 (hit) -> 2 DMG * (2x1) = 4 DMG
Mob: 5 = (miss)

Battle stats:

Hei: 100/100 HP | 8/10 NRG (-2) | 2 DMG | MIT 9 | Thorns 21 | ACC 3-1 = 2
Cavebat: 46/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Hei

The big bat creature once again came flying towards Hei who did not see it at first, but as he had seen while using his snake bite a few seconds ago one could see quite enough with the light the swordskills created. So he once again raised his spear, just in time to see the creature flying at him. with a not so well thought through jump he evaded the attack, but crashed into the cave wall. The light vanished once again, as he had ended the pre-motion when colliding with the wall. "Oh damn, this is just so fun" he said out lout, while getting to his feet and readying another charge of snake bite. The spear glowed again and Hei could see the giant bat. Activating the skill the spear flashed towards it, landing two nice hits into its neck once again. - Even though the big spear would do a little more damage it is incredible how much easier it is to hit with this one - 

Spoiler

ID# 79934
Battle: 10 +3 -1 = 12 (super crit) -> (2+2) DMG * 2x1 = 8 DMG
Mob: 4 = (miss)

Battle stats:

Hei: 100/100 HP | 7/10 (+1-2) NRG | 2 DMG | MIT 9 | Thorns 21 | ACC 3-1 = 2
Cavebat: 38/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Hei

After the successful attack the spears glow died and it was all black again. - This lack of light is not something I want to fight in, but I don't have another source of light than my attacks. This is not efficient, but it works, so I will continue doing it - Hei raised the spear once again and the green light illumined the cave. In the strange and dim light Hei saw the creature getting ready for another attack, but he would not let it do this. Hei nearly silent moved towards the giant bat, aiming for its neck once again. Then he released the charged swordskill and in an ark of green light the spear flashed towards the bat beast, reducing it's health some more. - This was going slow, this thing mush have a whole lot of HP -

As soon as the light disappeared the bat like creature let out a scream which hurt in the ears, began swinging its wings and clawed at Hei. Intuitive he hid behind the big shield, but a few strikes hit his right shoulder. Red pixels sprayed into the dark cavern and his health dropped a little bit. At the same moment the bat clawed at the shield, activating its hidden power. Spikes thrust out of the shield, impaling the bat and absorbing its 'blood' then a feeble dark red light showed the beast. At last the dragon gloves began glowing in light green light, and some invoked magic strengthened the shields spikes to damage the bat even worse.

Spoiler

ID# 80041
Battle: 10 +3 -1 = 12 (super crit) -> (2+2)DMG * 2x1 = 8 DMG ->30/50 HP
Mob: 8 = (hit) -> 15 - 9 MIT = 6 DMG -> 94/100 HP | Thorns: 21 DMG -> 9 HP

Battle stats:

Hei: 94/100 HP | 6/10 (+1-2) NRG | 2 DMG | MIT 9 | Thorns 21 | ACC 3-1 = 2
Cavebat: 9/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Hei

In the faint red glow the shields now opened eye emitted Hei was able to see the creature in front of him. Nine red circles at its body told where the evil shield had impaled it and absorbed it's blood. Other smaller dots all around the neck where left from the various good hits he had landed with the spear. The HP bar was below one fifth of may and had turned red already. - With some luck I might be able to kill it with another good hit. But I have to be careful, it looks like it is in some kind of berserk rage - The beast was flying around, not just aiming for Hei, but for everything close enough to be attacked.

With a somersault Hei moved closer, immediately taking cover behind his shield and charged another Snake Bite to end the creatures life. The quick attack landed two hits again, but the beasts HP were not zero, so it lived on. In its frenzy it made some unpredictable flight manoeuvrers and ended up behind Hei. He was not quick enough to block the whole blow, but one claw just hit the Shield. Red pixels spattered from him and his HP dropped a bit.  

Spoiler

ID# 80088
Battle: 9 +3 -1 = 11  (crit) -> 2+1 * 2x1 = 6 DMG -> 3/50 HP
Mob: 10 = super crit -> 15+2 DMG -9 MIT = 8 DMG -> 86/100 HP | no thorns

Battle stats:

Hei: 86/100 HP | 5/10 (+1-2) NRG | 2 DMG | MIT 9 | Thorns 21 | ACC 3-1 = 2
Cavebat: 3/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Hei

The beast still was not dead, which meant it was still going to attack Hei another time. Hei stayed behind his shield, waiting till the dull sound of claws hitting the shield stopped. Then he stood up, raised the spear and charged the next Snake Bite in purpose to kill the monster. While he was looking for a way to hit his target the bat began flying circles within the cave, gliding higher towards the caves roof. There Hei saw a big stone already wobbling from the battles sounds. He released the swordskill, not aiming for the creature itself, but for the stone. The spear left his hand, a green are between Hei's hand and the stone, then a loud and clear <Clank> sound. The spear dropped to the ground and so did the stone, landing on the creature which was just below it. With a cracking noise the creature got crushed underneath the stone and exploded to pixels.

The fight was over and a loot message appeared in front of Hei * System message: Wingleather (material) , 150 col | Accept Y/N* Hei who had never got loot other than quest items was happy for what he got and accepted it, adding one material to the inventory

Spoiler

ID# 80089
Battle: 6 +3 -1 = 8 (hit) -> 2 DMG * 2x1 = 4 DMG -> -1/50HP -> Dead
Mob: 1 (crit fail)

ID# 80090
Loot: 9
craft: 9 -> 1* T1 Mats
+ 150 col

Battle stats:

Hei: 86/100 HP | 4/10 (+1-2) NRG | 2 DMG | MIT 9 | Thorns 21 | ACC 3-1 = 2
Cavebat: 0/50 HP | 15 DMG Dead

Edited by Hei

Shortly after the battle was over Fear Eaters eye closed again and the little light Hei had had from it faded. As he was in the dark cave, alone again and not sure from where he came he just reached out to get a hold of the wall again. With his right hand touching the wall he made his way for what he believed was deeper into the cave. - I have finished my first real fight and even got loot from it, so it already was a good thing to enter this cave. -

Hei followed the wall which made a slight turn towards the right and then opened up into a big cavern. There were three holes in the roof, so little sunlight shone in and Hei could have a look at where he was. The cavern was big and there were more than one entrance to it. in the middle there was a big open space, and right in one of the sunbeams some bluish moss was growing. Hei examined the moss and found out it was growing so strong one could use it just like pelt. He didn't hesitate long and gathered it.

fantasy_cave_by_famalchow-d6gv3by.png

Spoiler

ID# 80096
Loot: 19 (found mats)

HP: 89/100 (+3)
NRG: 5/10 (+1)

+1 mat -> 2 * T1-Material

Edited by Hei

After finding the strange moss Hei went in for some more material searching. The cave was big and there could be so much to be found, and besides that, there still was a gemstone to be found somewhere in here. - If I lay down arrows from small stones I will find my way back, and in case I really get lost there still is the map, which isn't as good as at the surface down here, but maybe still some help. - and so Hei began walking into one of the tunnels that had a little light from cracks in the ceiling, collecting small stones to mark his way back. There was some moss in the tunnel he had entered, but is was just normal cave moss, scattered all over the floor and walls wherever there was light.

The tunnel was long and it took Hei nearly half an hour just following the curved walls before the tunnel opened up and became another cavern with a single beam of light falling in from the ceiling.

Spoiler

ID# 80238
Loot: 10 (nothing found)

HP: 92/100 (+3)
NRG: 6/10 (+1)

Edited by Hei

Right beneath the crack in the ceiling there was a column of stone and on top of it there was a thumbnail big gemstone. With the sunlight shining on it it sparkled in all colours of the rainbow and spots of coloured light where dancing over the walls. - This must be it. This is what I am here for -  With slow steps and cautiously looking around the room Hei came closer to the gemstone.

The rest of the room was suspicious empty, as if there was something to happen as soon as one would take the Gemstone - Wasn't there a movie which had a trap like this? Something from the US. It was the guy with the whip, and after taking some idol he had to run for his life - So Hei was not really sure what the movie was, or what happened to the guy in the movie, but before something terrible would happen he wanted to be prepared, so he began carrying some bigger stones to the entrance, in case there was a door appearing to imprison him. - What else is there I can do to be prepared?- he asked himself, but he had no more ideas what to do.

Spoiler

ID# 80239
Loot: 5 (nothing here)

HP: 95/100 (+3)
NRG: 10/10 (full refill)

Edited by Hei

Hei was prepared now, so he went over to the gemstone, and had a close look at the pedestal it was standing on, but it seemed to be just ordinary stone. So still careful he made himself ready to run towards the exit, and with a last look at the stone he grabbed it and started to run. This run was stopped quickly, as a giant monster appeared out of nowhere. The monster looked like a bat, but with its wings spread and walking on all four, but what made it look really dangerous was that it was made from dark grey stone with spikes all over its back.

Coming to a halt and doing a quick step back from the beast Hei thought - This is not good, It looks as if it was going to squash me with its stone wing hands. So I should maybe just try to run from it. -  so he was looking for a way out of this fight, but it seemed there was no way to pretend fighting this thing. Just when he realized that he had to fight he remembered, that he had gotten a safeguard potion which should save him from the beasts attacks, at least that was what he thought it would do. So Hei pulled it out of his belt and with one sip emptied the flask.

The potions effect became active no moment to early, as the stone bat beast jumped towards Hei, building up speed to a point it should not be possible. With this speed and momentum it tackled Hei, who slammed the shield to the ground, trying to hide behind it, but he got blown away by the blast. With a loud noise he crashed into the back wall, but the safeguard potion prevented the attack to reduce Hei's HP.

While he was in the air he saw a dim red light appeared on the guardian, as the shields spikes had sunken deep into the stone and Fear Eater had done its job. The beast collapsed and soon dissolved into pixels

Spoiler

ID# 80240
Mob: 7 (hit) -> 50 DMG (deflected by safeguard potion) | thorns activated -> 21 DMG -> -1/20 HP -> Dead

Battle stats:

Hei: 95/100 HP | 10/10 () NRG | 2 DMG | MIT 9 | Thorns 21 | ACC 3-1 = 2
Cavebat: 0/20 HP | 50/5 DMG Dead

Edited by Hei

After the big monster was killed there was no system message that told Hei there was look, so he was not expecting to get anything from it even tough the beast had been some kind of boss. - What a strange loot system, one should think that bosses always dropped something good - So Hei went on and put the gemstone into his inventory, getting ready to make his way back to Hannah. Just as he walked over where the beast had died he kicked something he hadn't seen before. taking a close look at what he had kicked just now his face got brighter. There was another gem at the floor, which looked just like it was a knob.

This could be some great material so Hei took it and also out it into his inventory. "Ok, I found something nice, and it seemes that the thing had dropped it without an automatic loot massage" he said to himself while making his way back to the bigger cavern.

Spoiler

ID# 80242
Loot: 18 (found mats)

HP: 98/100 (+3)
+1 mat -> 3 * T1-Material

Edited by Hei

The way from the big cavern towards the caves exit was not as easy as finding the way back to the cavern itself. Shortly after leaving the cavern there was no more light and Hei was not sure if he was walking the right way. The wall was cold under his hand and besides the sound of drops of water falling to the ground there was nothing to hear. That was at least the case till the tunnel Hei had chosen to follow ended in an dead end and something moved in the darkness. - What was that? - he thought as he heard the slight sound from above him.

If it was something living it had already registered him, he thought, so there was no need to keep quiet. To reassure himself about his strength he said out loud "I've killed one of those cavebat things earlier, so what ever this is it won't be a problem for me"

Spoiler

ID# 80251
Loot: 1

HP: 100/100 (+3)

Edited by Hei

As Hei had said this another cavebat fall from the ceiling, trying to attack him with this drop. Hei was quick enough to realize what was happening and with a clumsy jump went out of the beasts way. - So it really is another one of those bat monsters, I'll quickly kill it, shouldn't be any problem. If there was some more light it would be better still - And so he raised his spear, charging the Snake Bite to have a little more light and see what the creature was doing next.

The bat like creature was lying on the ground after its impact, but it was already getting back up in the air. It's eyes began glowing read as it quickly flew towards Hei, trying to knock him prone and land some strikes with its claws, but Hei was hiding behind the shield, so the claws did not hit him, but the impact was enough to throw him against a wall, damaging him a little. While he was flying the bat was at the shield, which got activated, growing big spikes and impaling the beast. Red light flowed from the bat into the shield and when the bat finally got away from the spikes the red glowing eye had already opened. In the glow of the eye Hei had it way more easy to aim at the creature and so the green sparkling spear sunk into the beasts neck twice.

Spoiler

ID# 80252
Battle: 8 +3 -1 = 10 (hit) -> 2* 2x1 = 4 DMG
Mob: 6 (hit) -> 15DMG - 9 MIT = 6 DMG -> 94/100 HP | thorns activated -> 21 DMG -> 25/50 HP

Battle stats:

Hei: 94/100 HP | 8/10 (-2) NRG | 2 DMG | MIT 9 | Thorns 21 | ACC 3-1 = 2
Cavebat: 25/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Hei

The beast was not prepared for Hei's last attack and it seemed as if it had problems processing what had happened, as it just flew on the spot, not aiming for another attack. Hei who had had a view fight by now could not let this chance go away and attacked the cavebat with another swordskill. The green light danced at the stones around them, as the spear flashed forward, dug into flesh, flashed back and forth again. A high pitched scream was heard and the bat fell to the ground. It's HP was still in the yellow part, but it seemed this beast had some problems with fighting.

As Hei was about to unload another combination of thrustes at it, it rolled to its side, evading the attacks and grabbing at Hei's leg, who was quick enough to jump away. The beast was not done yet, and so it followed him, now crawling at the ground, hissing it's vampire like teeth.

Spoiler

ID# 80253
Battle: 5 +3 -1 = 7 (hit) -> 2*2x1 = 4 DMG
Mob: 2 (miss)

Battle stats:

Hei: 94/100 HP | 7/10 (+1-2) NRG | 2 DMG | MIT 9 | Thorns 21 | ACC 3-1 = 2
Cavebat: 21/50 HP | 15 DMG

Edited by Hei