[F1-SP]<The first few lessons are free> (zero_lost04) [Completed]

Zero sighes as he adjusts the weight of his heavy blade on his back to make it more comfortable.  He had been told to meet with an NPC called Zackariah was supposed to be the giver of this games version of the Tutorial Quests.  He always found these quests so annoying, which was why he had kind of put it off for a tiny bit of time.  Most of the games that he had played in the past made the begining quests extremely simple and easy, they were boring and filled with way too much hand holding.  While he definitely understand the importance of learning how a game's mechanics were functioning and from what he was told the quest line actually had some decent rewards for a new player, but he considered them more of an annoyance than anything.  Considering that he seemingly could log out, he also found it annoying to deal with things like that while the more important task was to grow his skills, gain signifcant levels and grow as quickly as he possibly could.  He didn't buy into this whole "if you die in the game, you die in real life" garbage either, while it was true that the game was able to acheive an unprecedented level of realism thanks to the neural feedback system that the game played with, for the game to literally be able to kill him it would have to apply a fairly signifancant amount of electricity directly into this brain and he was convinced that such a thing was impossible for the technology.  He even had a theory on how time passed in the game world versus that of the real world, but in a few moments of down time, he would need to talk with someone who had been stuck in this game for a significant period of time in order to verify his theory.  While lost in his thoughts, Zero almost walks directly into an old man with white hair.

"Oh hello there young man.  My name is Zackariah and I was hoping that you would be able to help me out.  You see, I'm getting on up in years and it is difficult for me to gather the materials that I need to craft potions these days.  If you would be so kind to help me out, I would be more than happy to teach you how to craft potions with me and I might even have a few spare potions lying around that you can have as a reward to help you start your adventure."  The old man quickly rattled off his script.  Zero noticed a little floating sign appear in front of him, asking him if he accepted the quest or not.  Reaching out, he pushes that he accepts that quest then turns his attention back to the NPC.

"Splendid!  I need you to collect 5 Juniper Berries and then return here with them.  They shouldn't be too hard to find, they grow in areas that are pretty safe and largely devoid of monsters, but you should still keep your guard up, just in case."  The old man finishes talking and Zero was actually quite impressed with how little information the quest giver gave out for the beginnger quests.  Maybe this wouldn't be so annoying after all and he could figure out how things worked more on his on so that he could develop his skills on his own.  Thanking Zackariah, Zero turns and leaves the quest giver and quickly makes his way out of the Town of Beginnings and into the forest's nearby.

Edited by zero_lost04

The path was pretty quiet and uneventful, pretty much what any player should expect in the opening areas of the game.  It wasn't disappointing for Zero to notice, it was just something that stuck out in his mind.  The basics of video games rarely changed and iin order to give players a chance at surival, even in notriously difficult games, there had to be a learning curve that allowed from some adjustsments so that the player could get used to the mechanics and how everything worked in relative safety.  He course believed that he needed to get in some combat practice as well, but he was sure that if would venture just slightly off the beaten path, he should be able to find his way to an monster for him to get some practice in with.  He just needed to take his time and be prepared for anything that he could find.

Not long after entering the forest area around the town, Zero found what appeared to be the bushes that the old man Zackariah had described.  Almost immediately he found a Juniper Berry and he immediately added it to his inventory, gaining the first of the five materials that he needed in o order to complete the quest.  He had hoped that because this was a beginner quest, the items would respawn relatively quickly so that as many new players as possible could take on this quest without the players getting in each other's way or fighting or materials.    Fairly pleased with the relative with which he was making progress right now, Zero smiles and continues on down the path, keeping his eyes peeled for the next set of bushes that he could hopefully loot.

Roll ID: 80128

LD: 16 (Success)

Quest Items Gathered 1/5

Edited by zero_lost04

For being a game where death could, supposedly, extend to the real world, everything about this quest and this locatioin was actually quite relaxing.  He figured that he could take some time, relax, and just explore the world in all its glory and figure out how everything worked.  So far things had been going pretty smoothly for him, he had been wandering through the safe zone where the Juniper Berries could be found and while he hadn't come across one in a little while, he knew that he just needed to keep himself calm and that he would find what he needed easily enough.

Almost as if on cue, Zero comes across another small pile of bushes and starts looking through the bushes for his next quest item.  At first he couldn't seem to find any in the bush, thinking that it would be a repeat of the last few that he checked, but just before he was about to give up on this set of bushes and move on, he locates one of the Juniper Berry quest items.  With a pleased smile, Zero takes the berry and puts it in his inventory, taking his second quest item.  If things continued to go this easily, he might have to try to do a little something extra just to spice up the quest, while there was nothing wrong with an easy Quest, Zero was determined to make sure that his character grew as quickly as possible so that he could continue to push himself and see what he was made of now.  Popping his shoulders and adjusting the broadsword on his back, Zero heads farther on down the road to continue searching for items.

Roll ID - 80176

LD - 13 (Sucess)

Quest Items Gathered - 2/5

Edited by zero_lost04

While he was still quite impressed with the visual and tactile uniquness of the game, something that he was aware could only be done thanks to the neural input and feedback that this game provided, he couldn't help be feel himself getting a little annoyed now.  This happened almost all the time to him in MMOs.  While he was a pretty friendly person and would do quests with people, for the most part he almost always kept to himself so that he could see just how far his own strength could take him.  In this case, it might have been something that could lead to a good bit of annoyance.  Since he was looking for items, having an extra pair of eyes would make this infinitely easier and make things go significantly faster.  

"Welp, I knew that this was a possiblity when I decided to break from my normal habits and give a beginning quest a try.  I'm sure that it will be worth it in the end, but right now its a really big annoyance.  If things keep going this way, I might have to venture out of the safe zone a little ways and try my luck out there.  While I would be putting myself into a bit more danger, I would also be more likely to find some spawn points that haven't been picked clean by other players."  Zero mumbles to himself as he once again adjusts his broadsword on his back.  It was starting to become a nervous tick that he did when he was bored.  Setting his sights a little farther on down the road, Zero continued on his mini-quest to find some more Juniper Berries for the old man.

Roll ID - 80178

LD - 2 (Failure)

Edited by zero_lost04

Zero could feel his annoyance continuing to grow, without being able to find any of the Juniper Berries, this could take a lot longer than it should have.  He had assumed that the respawn rate of these items would be pretty high and it was possible that they were and he was just having a run of bad luck or was perhaps too close behind another player, but he could feel himself getting a bit impatience.  He had to continue reminding himself that with the level that he was at right now, plus being alone, going off to far off the beaten path could get him killed.  He didn't buy this whole "die in the game, die in real life" garbage that he had heard, but he also didn't feel the need to press his luck any more than he already had.  He wanted to see just how far he could take this character and what his limits were and he needed to survive as long as possible in order for that to come to pass.  

"Alright, I'll keep searching for just a bit longer, but if I don't come across some more items shortly, then I will just have to bite the bullet and push my luck.  Doing so has served me well in the past; after all, nothing ventured nothing gained."  Zero calmed his nerves and continued to head along the path, keeping his eyes open for any kinds of bushes, hoping that maybe by widening his search a little bit, he could still find some more items and get this quest finished.

Roll ID - 80180

Loot Dice - 3 (Failure)

Edited by zero_lost04

Despite being the kind of person who almost always played MMO's by himself because he loved the grind, this was something that was starting to get a bit on his nerves.  Maybe he had just been really lucky on the first couple of searches that it had given him a false since of how easy this quest was.  After all, despite most games holding your hand and walking you through the quests, this game had done very little of that so far, perhaps one of the other things that made it the way that it was was the scarity of quest items to enhance the difficulty.  That did seem to be an entirely reasonable hypothesis and that thought did help calm Zero down a little bit.  While he was getting a bit annoyed by the length of time this was taking, he was also aware that at some point he could find another one and all of the annoyance that he felt would pass.

After a bit of time walking and searching, Zero finds another clutter of bushes.  Taking his time, he slowly goes through each branch of each bush, one by one, searching for the signs of the berries that he had found before.  Getting into nearly the middle of the bushes, he finally finds another Juniper Berry.  Once again, he took the item and immediately placed it in his inventory and extracated himself from the bushes.  He truly did feel accomplished now, maybe that was the feeling this game was really trying to create and if so, it had succeded and he felt all his past annoyance melt away.  Still, he was wondering about going after something a little bit extra, just to help liven up this quest and let him try out some other mechanics.

Roll ID - 80182

Loot Dice - 13 (Sucess)

Quest Items Gathered - 3/5

Edited by zero_lost04

The feeling that Zero had gotten from finally finding another Berry was lasting with him a surprisingly long time.  Normally he got bored of these beginner quests, in fact in the past in other games, he had often tried to take on as many of them as he could in bulk and just roll with it, trying to get them all done as quickly as possible, get some decent starting items, then start plunging out into the world where he had no business being at his level.  While he still intended, and to a certain extent, had already been doing that, he was also quite ready to venture out on his own into the world and see the sites for himself, without other players backing him up and seeing what he was capable of as a fighter.

While contemplating heading out into the greater world and seeing what was out there and what kind of monsters he could fight and what kinds of strategies could work in real combat, Zero didn't quite realize that he was allowing his focus to drift and not really paying attention to his search going on.  There was no telling if any of the bushes that he past while walking had any berries on them, but he was so wrapped up in his own thoughts that even if they did he completely missed them.

Roll ID - 80184

Loot Dice - 5 (Failure)

Quest Items Gathered: 3/5

Edited by zero_lost04

He wasn't quite sure how long he had been walking, but the realization suddenly hit Zero that hadn't really been paying attention to his surrounding and in all likelihood had missed some quest items, dragging his return to gather items out longer than he had anticipated.  He was more annoyed at himself, he knew that he needed to be more careful and he was upset at himself for allowing his situational awareness to lapse like that.  If he had been farther into the game, or even just happened to wander ouf of the safety of the main path, he could have very easily been attacked and if he was surprised and attacked, he could very easily lose his character's life.  Taking a deep breath, he refocused himself on the task at hand so that he could continue moving forward and progressing in the quest.

Almost as soon as he put his mind back on the task at hand, he almost immediately found  another of the Juniper Berries.  Taking this one like the others before and putting it into his inventory, he quickly smiled as he realized that at any moment he could be done with his part of the quest.  That was probably a far to overly optimistic view to take of this quest, considering the luck that he has had thus far in the quest, but still, it was nice to look on the bright side of things.  With a smile returned to his face, Zero continued on down the path, heading deeper into the forest.

Roll ID - 80185

Loot Dice - 13 (Success)

Quest Items Gathered: 4/5

Edited by zero_lost04

Perhaps because he was going deeper into the woods, Zero felt like he was starting to find less and less berry bushes, but at the same time, the bushes that he was coming across seemed to have the berries where earlier ones didn't.  Maybe he had gone a bit too deep into the woods?  He thought that it might be about time to circle back and hit some of the other bushes again and hope that they had respawned at earlier places so he could just get the quest item that he still needed on his way back into town and save himself a little bit of time.  Still, there was a big part of him that wanted to go on just a little bit farther into the woods, just ot see what was here.  He hadn't really seen any signs of monsters or animals, so he felt like he was still pretty safe in this area and that he could explore without the threat being too high.  

Not too much farther into his walk down the path, Zero came across one more set off bushes, though he was aware that he was pretty deep into the forest now, he crossed his fingers and hoped that this would be the one that would allow him to end this quest.  Sticking his head into the bushesand pushing the branches around with his hands, Zero quickly finds the last Juniper Berry that he needed to complete his quest.  With a quick "Huzzah", he takes the item and places it into his inventory, doing a quick count just to make sure that he hasn't missed anything and that he really does have all the items that he needed.  Smiling to himself when he sees that he has collected all five of the items necessary, he spins around on his heel and begins heading back the way that he came so that he can return to Zackariah and finish off this quest.

Roll ID - 80187

Loot Dice - 13 (Success)

Quest Items Gathered: 5/5

Edited by zero_lost04

As Zero was heading back to town, he had the sudden realization that he was no longer in the safe zone area.  He had this realization because as he was wandering along the trail, a single boar crossed his path right in front of him.  He wasn't sure if the AI of the monster had picked up on him or not yet.  He began quickly contemplating just remaining still and waiting for the boar to leave.  After all, he had everything he needed to complete the quest and would gain some experience from just turning in the quest, there was no need to risk losing a fight and losting everything.  However, as that thought crossed into his head, he quickly shook his head, trying to shake that thought out of his head.  He grips his two handed straight sword and frees it from his back.  He hadn't picked this game to play it safe and take it easy.  If he wasn't going to take on a single boar by himself, then what would were his plans to get stronger and push himself to his limits to see what he is capable of doing.

With a deep breath, Zero rushes forward towards the solitary boar.  Pulling his blade to his left side as he ran towards the boar, he takes an almost baseball bat like swing with the blade, keeping his momentum under control to make sure that he didn't spin wildly out of control.  He had hoped that he would be able to suprise the boar and hit him right away, but at the last second it lowered its head and the attack swung harmlessly over it, avoiding damage completely.  Zero continued to step through his attack, hoping to move away from the Boar and avoid a counterattack.  He figured that he could probably take a hit, maybe two, and still be able to get away of things turned ugly, but he wanted to take it out on his own, with his own two hands.

Roll ID - 80188

Battle Dice - 2 (Miss)

Zero - 20/20 |3 Damage | 2/2 Energy

------------

Boar - 10/10 | 8 Damage |

Edited by zero_lost04

There was a smell in the area, one that told its AI that there was a player nearby it's territory.  It was programmed pretty simplistically, if a character entered its area then find it, attack it and kill it.  The commands were simple and it was easy to obey.  The player should be around somewhere, it shouldn't be too hard to find.  The snap of twigs and the rustle of leaves finally gave away the player's position.  As he turned his body to strike at the player, a sharp blade whistles over its head, just barely avoiding a strike from the player.  As the player moved by, the boar twisted its head and striked out with its tusk, catching the player just underneath his armor and dealing damage to him.  The boar snorts, not happy nor excited, it was simply following its programming and was preparing to do it again.  The boar stomps its right foot into the ground, stomping into the dirt and grass as hard as it could, building up a little indentation to give it something to push off of one it launched its next attack.

Roll ID - 80326

Mob Dice - 6 (Hit)

Zero - 12/20 |3 Damage | 2/2 Energy

------------

Boar - 10/10 | 8 Damage |

Edited by zero_lost04

The wound hurt, a feeling that Zero was somewhat surprised at, but when he thought about it, it did make a lot of sense when he stopped to think about it.  The game used a neural feedback system in order to control the characters, meaning that it was using their brains to control the characters and allow for an unprecedented range of movement for the characters.  It wouldn't take a whole lot to create a situation where pain could be "copied" and make it feel real.  He still thought the idea of the game being able to kill you was absurd, but perhaps not as far fetched as he had originally thought.  Putting the philosphical questions out of his mind for a moment, Zero knew that he needed to focus on the task at hand or else he was going to find out right here and now if dying in the game caused you to die in real life.  

Zero saw his opening and pounced on it.  The Boar was stomping its hoof into the ground as it perpared to charge.  Now was his chance to attack.  Rushing forward, he activated a Sword Art and shouted the name of the skill "Straight" as he rushed forward.  As the skill activates, he thrusts the blade forward with lightning fast speed and unwavering precision.  The blade strikes the boar and cuts deeply into him, creating a pretty large gash down its left side as it takes a pretty significant amount of damage.  Zero brings his blade in close and steels himself for the moment when the boar would attack again, hoping to be able to counter and it finish it off before it did any more damage.

Roll ID: 80327

Battle Dice - 7 (Hit)

Zero - 12/20 |4 Damage | 0/2 Energy

------------

Boar - 2/10 | 8 Damage |

Edited by zero_lost04

There was no command line in its programming for pain, even self-preservation wasn't something that was programmed into it, since it would just respawn a little while later anyway.  Therefore, when the player's skill connected and did considerable amount of damage, little was shown to reflect this fact, save for the wound that it had suffered.  The player had taken the boar down in nearly one hit but without being programmed for anything else, the boar prepared to attack again with the single minded purposefullnes of its simple programming.  As the player raised his blade up in a defense position, the boar snorted and attacked with its tusk once again, managing to find purchase just underneath his blade and ramming his tusks hard into his mid-section, scoring a pretty critical blow and doing a significant amount of damage back to the player in the process. The creature pulls its head back but doesn't really do anything other than that.  There was no plan or strategy in its movements, it was programmed as a feral beast and just attacked, nothing more and nothing less. 

Roll ID - 80329

Mob Dice - 9 (Critical Hit)

Zero - 12/20 |4 Damage | 0/2 Energy

------------

Boar - 2/10 | 8 Damage |

Edited by zero_lost04

The blow was staggering to Zero, it didn't pierce him but it knocked the wind out of him hard and dropped him to one knee.  The pain was incredible for a video game, if it wasn't hurting so much, it would be really increidble to appreciate this level of detail that the game could create for realism.  Not that he was able to appreciate it now, he could feel his head starting to swim with pain and his eye sight was going a little fuzzy, the game was really replicating the feelings that getting hit so hard could replicate.  Trying as best he could with his eye sight clouded from the blow, Zero take a swing a the creature from one knee, but being off balance and his eye sight being so cloudy, there was almost no chance of the attack actually hitting.  The blow missed wide and didn't ever even come close to hitting its mark.  Zero tried to steady himself as best he could, hoping to be able to jump out of the way of the boar's next strike.  He didn't even need to look at his HP to know what was in his heart and what he was feeling.  If the boar hit its next attack, it would be the end of this character.

Roll ID - 80331

Battle Dice - 1 (Critical Miss)

Zero - 3/20 |4 Damage | 0/2 Energy

------------

Boar - 2/10 | 8 Damage |

Edited by zero_lost04

The boar doesn't gloat or show any kind of emotion, it wasn't programmed for any of that anyway.  While a player might have gotten a little cocky or overconfident because of scoring a critical hit, the boar wasn't programmed for any of that.  Its AI was only programmed for relentless attack once its combat AI had started.  It snorts and  stomps its foot in the dirt as it prepares to attack the crouched player.  There was little space between the two of them and it was covered in a matter of moments, taking almost no time to reach the player and swing its tusks furiously at Zero.  The boar hears a deep breath taken in by the player as he quickly rolls to his right, avoiding the attack in its entirety.  The tusks barely miss his starter iron breastplate.  This fight was nearing its conclusion, there was  little bit in either the player or the boars tank, both of their HP was nearing its limit, whoever fate favored more would come out the winner.

Roll ID - 80332

Mob Dice - 3 (Miss)

------------

Boar - 2/10 | 8 Damage |

Edited by zero_lost04

Tucking his head and diving as hard as he can to his side, Zero deftly dodges out of the way of the boar's attack, only barely avoiding the tusks from the monster which would have surely been a killing blow.  He is breathing heavily, even in this virtual world, with it linked to his brain as it was, he was feeling the fatigue and adrenaline rush like he was really there.  He needed to calm down, he needed to focus.  This game, the stories that swirled around it, everything was designed to get into your head, to hurry you, to force you into making bad decisions in combat.  That's why this game was so dangerous, at least if you believed that the nerve gear could kill you, so many  couldn't relax, couldn't allow their survival instincts take charge.  He had to get out of his own head and strike in a way that worked, that would allow him to survive.

He saw his opening as he made it to one knee after his roll.  The boar had attacked and his side was open for a counter attack, an opening that would give him just what he needed to win this fight.  His two handed straight sword begins to glow as his most basic sword art begins to activate.  He was relaxed, he was focused, it was almost as if he could feel the sword art and was in tune with it.  Once it reached the moment, he brought his heavy blade down  with all the strength that he could muster and delivered a blow to the boar.  As its health bar went all the way down to zero, the boar explodes in scattering of particle effects and disappears.  Zero grabbed his ribs and took several deep breaths,  he wanted to fall over right here and now and just rest to recover his HP but his survival instincts kicked in and it allowed him to continue to think clearly.  He knew that he was not currently in a safe zone and that resting here would likely put him in the path of another monster and he was in no condition to right anything else right now.  Picking himself up off the ground, he fixes his blade to his back once again and quickly begins moving as fast as his currently unsteady legs would allow him to move back towards the main safe zones where the quest kept the players safe.

Roll ID - 80570

Battle Dice - 7 (Hit) 

------------

Boar - 0/10 | 8 Damage |

Edited by zero_lost04

He could almost see the town of beginings finally coming into view and he hadn't seen any signs of animals or monsters for a while now, so he must finally be in one of the Safe Zones around the town.  With that, Zero immediately spun around and flopped on the ground, landing on his back and staring up into the sky.  He was taking deep breathes over and over again as he tried to just relax a little bit.  Fighting one boar by himself had nearly killed him, but at the same time he felt like he had learned a lot of lessons from taking on the encounter on his own.  He had heard a lot of talk in the town of beginnings, that it was suicide to go out and fight a monster alone, especially at level 1 and with only starter equipment.  They all recommended getting some slightly better equipment, getting some Mitigation effects going and highly recommended trying to get ahold of some accuracy plus items in order to help you hit enemies more easily.  If you were going to fight, those were the bare minimums that everyone seemed to recommend.

While lying in the dirt and staring up at the sky, Zero smiles heartily to himself.  Despite everyone saying all those things, he had done what was called suicide and had come back alive.  There was a lot of pride to be taken in that.  Things in this world were dangerous and deadly, even the begining mobs were to be taken seriously or else it could result in your demise.  Still, he had managed to survive and now he was almost back to the quest giver so he could get the quest reward and experience, that should help him move a lot more quickly through the game.  After his brief respite, Zero gets up off the ground and heads back into town, deciding to head on back to old man Zackariah's place so that he could finish the quest off.

Zero did not allow himself to be in a hurry heading back into the town.  Mostly that was due to the fact that he still had almost no HP left and he wasn't going to force himself into any kind of sticky situations, just because he was in a town didn't mean that he didn't have to be careful and watch his step.  There were a lot of reasons not to get overconfident, though he couldn't help but feel just a tad bit smug with himself.  Sure it was just one boar, but it was the first monster he ever fought alone and he took it down, with only the starter equipement and no items.  He had a lot to be proud of for himself, at least that was what Zero thought.  

"Welcome back!  Oh my, looks like you had a bit of a rough time with you.  Were you able to get all the items that I needed?"  The old man greets Zero when he walks back into the area, the flag for his return having been triggered by returning to the area after accepting the quest.  Zero smiles a bit a nods, knowing the the NPC probably wasn't really programmed for much interaction.  So instead, Zero scrolls through his inventory and turns in the 5 Juniper Berries to the old man in order to complete the quest.

"Good, good, very good. You managed to get everything that we needed.  This should give me enough to complete the potions and just a few more so that we have some spares just in case we need you aren't able to get it correct right away."  The old man smiles and motions for Zero to follow him, as the player lowers his head and exhales a deep sigh.  He had forgotten about that part of the quest, just gathering the items didn't end this quest, he had to help Zackariah craft some potions.  Granted it would be good experience for him to get so that he could understand the crafting mechanics a bit more, but his close brush with death from the boar definitely made him want to put this quest behind him.  He follows the old man and gets ready to pay close attention to the crafting mechanics.

Edited by zero_lost04

It was a bit odd to see the NPC begin to break from talking normally and move into an explantion of menus and commands and options.  It was actually a bit overwhelming to try to hear and keep track of all the was being said.  While he was trying to keep everything together in his head, he was actually begining to think that when it came time for him to try the Profession quests, that Alchemist was very likely not to be on the list.  Maybe he would be a fisherman instead, that seemed like it would be a lot of fun.  He had loved fishing in the real world and had done it a lot; with family, friends and even by himself.  It was quite nice.  

Suddenly Zero had the realization that he hadn't been paying enough attention to what Zackariah had said about crafting and had no idea what he was doing.  Trying to use a little bit of common sense and knowledge from how other games worked, he hoped that he would be able to figure it out and get the crafting system to work.  This went extremely poorly.  Zero failed at creating the potion, the liquid that he did create puffed up an acrid black smoke that caused him and Zackariah to cough a little bit.

"Dear, dear, that wasn't quite right, but its ok, getting everything to mix just right and in the correct amounts takes some time and pratice, it is as much an art as it is a science.  Here, let me gather up some more ingredients and we will try again."  Zackariah says as he scuttles off to gather more items so that they could try to craft the potion again.  

Roll ID - 80572

Craft Dice - 1 (Critical Failure)

Edited by zero_lost04

Zero focused on every word that Zackariah said and followed along in his menu as he talked, making sure to keep track of everything and keep his mind focused on the task at hand.  It was pretty amazing to him, things that in other games would be a joke and would be so incredibly easy to do, in this game required a lot of focus and concentration, you couldn't allow yourself to get distracted even for a singel moment.  The crafting system wasn't as complex or as confusing as he had originally thought now, it was just incredible what paying attention could accomplish.  After working on the crafting for a few moments he shouts out the work "Success" as he completes crafting the healing potion.  Zackariah claps his hands together and smiles as he confirms that Zero has done it.

"Well done my boy, well done.  That is definately a good quality item right there.  You should be quite proud of how quickly you were able to pick this up.  Now, if you don't mind, I have one last thing that I would like for you to do.  Would you please deliver this package to Lyle Tealeaf across town.  You shouldn't have any problems locating him, he is the blacksmith after all. I have instructed him to give you the payment for the delivery and it is yours to keep.  Thank you very much and I hope that you find everything well here in Aincrad!"  The old man gives Zero the package with a lot of fanfare and flourish, though a part of Zero had hoped that the quest would end right there.  Still, just delivering the item across town to get his rewards wasn't that big of a deal, plus he was going to the Blacksmith's shop and that was definitely something that he would need to know for the future.  Zero thanks Zackariah for everything and loves the area, heading through the town of beginings and towards the blacksmith's.

Roll ID - 80573

Craft Dice - 5 (Success: Good Quality)

Edited by zero_lost04