Silence, Fist, Rock (F2-Breaking The unbreakable) (Finished)

Sky went for his punch, damaging the rock for the first time in ages. He sighed, begging he was right. In other MMO's he had played, he remembered how slow the start was. It had been rough, took him months before he was clearing quests solo with ease. This game was no different... Except that if he messed up..... He would lose more then some EXP... he would lose his life... Something which was a lot more valuable then some stupid EXP he could just earn back. In most games he could just earn anything he lost back... But how do you regain a life that you lost.....

"Sorry Eatos... My reaction was bad..." He said, apologizing as he stared at the rock. They had been hitting this thing for what seemed like hours! The air up here felt thin, and it was cold. He knew it was only a game, but even he couldn't block it out forever. He was glad that he was a little hot from all the excercise today.

ID# 81758 results:

Battle: 8

Rock HP 23/50

Edited by Stryder
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hei was exploring the second floor, wondering what kind of interesting things he might find on it. There where high mountains and dark pine forests, but that was nothing special. Sure, one could spend hours and hours trying to match the mountains in the game with real world ones and would probably just find out, that there was a resemblance, that was found in nature as well, as mountains of the same kind looked alike, even when whole countries where between them. So he was here to look for something else, something that was special. - So I already found the main town, it is quite medieval style, so maybe there are more castles hidden within the mountains. But how do I look for them? - And as Hei did not have a good answer he just strolls along a small river, following it up into the mountains where it must emanate.

A while later Hei is climbing some rocky mountain side, when he sees a hut not far from him, and as it is already time for lunch he decides to pay the hut a visit. If there isn't someone who may have food for him besides his bread there might at least be a bench he could rest on. So he came closer to the hut and what he saw was not a bench, but two people standing next to a big rock, punching it with their bare fists. - Strange people live in strange places, who would live up here in the mountains and punch rocks? - he wondered, and as he was eager to find out he accelerated his steps, arriving at the place just when the black haired man hit the rock once more. He waited until the man finished talking - the girl must be Eatos, at least I hope that it is the girls name and not the rock's - and then cleared his throat to get their attention "hello, my name is Hei, and I was just wandering by, would you explain what you two are doing. Is there anything behind it, or are you just freaking angry at this rock?" he added that last question with a smile

Sky was about to go for another powerstrike when he heard a voice, making his momentom go off and smashing his face into the rock. He groaned, just glad he couldn't actually lose HP from doing this.... He looked over to who had talked, noticing a guy who seemed to be.... He didn't know what to think.

"Ummm, little random Hei, but My names Stryder... Im doing a quest to get the martial arts skill, and to get it, i need to break this rock in half using only my fists..... Its.... been at least an hour... maybe three since i started.... and its at half health..." He said, answering his question with a sigh, before getting back up again, staring at the rock. He wanted to pull out a sword and smash it!!! He was so sick of this thing! He just wanted to kick it, break it, SMASH IT INTO A MILLION DIFFERENT PIECES.

ID# 81763 results:

Battle: 5

Edited by Stryder

Eatos, unaware of the impending arrival, took another punch at the rock. It failed, once again, and the girl, in frustration, sat down on the edge again, looking out over the mountains. So she had her back turned when Hei appeared. She didn't sit up, but instead, lied down and looked at him, upsidedown. Who was he? He didn't Look familiar, but that didn't mean he didn't have his uses.

She listened to him and Stryder talk, maybe he could help them? She spotted the gloves, it was hard not to. Were they designed to help with unarmed combat? If so, it would greatly speed up their destruction of the rock, which she knew was testing Stryders patience.

"Hei...could you help?" She asked from her position on her back near the edge of the cliff. She stretched out on the ground, wriggling out as she felt the need to stretch or risk getting cramped up somewhere else.

---

battle: 3

Rock HP 23/50

Edited by Eatos

Hei saw that both of them looked like it really wasn't going well with what ever it was they did. The guy named Stryder told him, that there was a quest, that he was doing at the moment, for which they had to break a rock with their fists. - So if the quest is real, then there is another piece of evidence, that the kind of people who liked martial arts was crazy, at least for some extend - The girl lying on the ground looked up on him and asked him if he could help them punching the rock. - Can I help them? well I borrowed these gloves and I want to test them, so why not by punching this rock - with a smile Hei looked at Eatos and answered "I have nothing better to do at the moment, and I got these gloves that I wanted to test anyway, so I'll help you destroy this rock"

In preparation of the following work out Hei stretched his arms, got into a stable stance and punched the rock with his gloved fists, but he had forgotten to tighten the gloves, so the left one flew away, Hei jumping after it, falling to the ground. "Well, that wasn't helpful I think" he said while laughing about his own failure.

Spoiler

ID# 81767
Battle: 1 -> (crit fail)

Edited by Hei

Sky went for another punch, just doing nothing. He had missed so many times, and this was his breaking point. He snapped, mentally flaring!!! He wanted to break this... His anger was getting out of control, he had a very bad temper at times, and with stuff like this he was horrible with. He had been at this for hours, and this rock.... His anger suddenly flipped.

"WHY WON'T THIS GODDAMN ROCK BREAK! WHY DOES EVERYTIME I HIT IT NOTHING HAPPENS! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, WHY IS THIS A THING! WHAT KIND OF QUEST HAS A ROCK THAT HAS AN EVASION STAT, WHAT THE HELL!!!" He yells at the top of his lungs, venting all his pent up anger before just collapsing, groaning as he laied on the ground, just trying to regain his breath, which he had fully lost while helling as loud as he could at this stupid quest.

"Please help us........"
ID: 81768 

BD: 4

Edited by Stryder

While both Hei and Stryder attacked the rock, Eatos didn't move from her spot on the ground, and actually closed her eyes and took several deep breaths feeling the wind wash over her. It was calming, and after what felt like forever of hitting the rock, it was a nice shift in pace. She allowed her mind to drift, and, somehow, forgot completely about the rock, and let out a yawn. She was tired, although, why she wasn't sure until it slowly dawned on her. Despite having been able to sleep 'normally', she'd woken up many nights in a row, driven by fear and terror. At her best guess, she'd slept perhaps 24 hours for the past week, so finally finding a comfortable place to lie down, she could nap.

The small patch of grass she was lying on was comfortable, and somehow, Eatos began to nap atop the mountain despite Stryders yelling.

Edited by Eatos

He quickly got back up to his feet, brushing of some gravel, then he faced the rock again, just to see Stryder hitting it once more, without any visible effect, and then loosing it, shouting way to loud about how silly this quest was. Hei had an idea how to motivate the new met people, and right began to execute it. "Stryder, what if this is part of the quest? Martial arts is breaking with what one would think to be the borders of what one can do and do better. What if the quest includes you breaking with what the game dictates you what you can do? Maybe you just found the border you have to cross to succeed!" Hei wasn't really convinced by his own theory, but if it was going to help Stryder finding new will power it would help.

Just to show him what he meant he got ready to throw another punch at the rock himself. This time he made sure he was wearing the equipment as it was supposed to be and then with all the energy he could give into one blow, punched the stone. Where he hit it chunks of stone broke loose and fell to the ground. "You see this, just believe in your inner power"

Spoiler

ID# 81769
Battle: 8 +1 = 9 -> Hit -> 1DMG +3 (gloves) = 4 DMG -> Rock HP 19/50

Rock HP 19/50

Edited by Hei

Sky watched as Hei both gave him advice, which he honestly just ignored, until he smashed the rock. He had a lot of bad luck trying to hit this thing for awhile, but something about how Hei hit it.... made him feel like he could keep going. He was right, martial arts also required a lot of mental restraint, if you didn't, you could seriously hurt someone! He looked at the rock, resolve regained. With a calm mind, he sprinted up to the rock, kicking off one foot and spinning, delivering yet another power kick, the rock trembling as another crack appeared. He landed on his feet, staring at it. It was breaking.... They had gotten somewhere. Before long, it would be gone, it would be broken, he would have his skill.... He would be able to go on protecting people, he would be able to at least attempt to make a difference.

"Hei... Thanks. Didn't make much sense, but i get the message"

ID# 81822 results:

Battle: 10 (Crit)

Rock HP 16/50

Edited by Stryder

- It worked, thats good, would be bad if I had to punch the rock for a martial arts guy, who wouldnt do it himself. Maybe there actually is something right with the way all this overcome yourself stuff - Hei thought when he saw how Stryder kicked the stone once again. The guy just had a breakdown and was not going to do much more than screaming at the rock, but then he got his fire back and one could truly see how the rock got damaged. On the other hand the blue haired girl was just lieing at the ground, napping after all the work she had done to the rock. So it was his turn again to punch the rock and show them how it was done. He shifted his stance to one that was more agile, more like how he had faught with his spear and punched the rock with two quick attacks, making it break a little more

Spoiler

ID# 81842

Battle: 9 -> crit -> 1 + 3 + 1 = 5 dmg -> 11/50 HP

Rock HP: 11/50 HP

Edited by Hei

Sky watched as Hei smashed the rock again, dealing HEAPS of damage. He was honestly suprised, he hadn't expected help, and even more he hadn't expected help which could... well help!!! He as honestly a little inspired, deciding to go for another powerpunch. He took a few steps back, then did a light run up, putting his hand on his fist as he powerpunched into the rock!!!! He smiled, watching it drop again. The rock seemed to be nearly dead, it looked like it was like.... At least ninty percent of its health was gone. 

"Hell yeah!!!" He shouted, then looked over and saw Eatos sleeping. He sighed, walking over and crouching next to her. He shook his head, before lightly prodding her face, trying to wake her up. He knew it was a bad idea, trying to wake her up, but he didn't care. He wanted her to be awake when this was broken, she had done a whole heap of damage, she deserved to see it.

"Wake up sleepy head....."

ID# 81852 results:

Battle: 9 (Crit)

Rock HP 9/50

Edited by Stryder

The blue-haired girl was enjoying her nap on the mountain, despite the thinner air, she napped perfectly fine. That was, until Something dared poke at her face! At first she tried to ignore it, however, it didn't go away, and the girl was forced to open her eyes. Before her, her attacker, Stryder. She let out a yawn and stretched out, wriggling on the ground to extend her limbs.

"W-what...?" she asked, pouting up at him as she remained on the ground "I was having a lovely nap Stryder, what was so important that you had to wake me...?"

Eatos had to admit, to herself if no one else, her sleeping the past few months had been, inconsistent. Waking up with blind panic on more than one occasion, and the nightmares...To find a place she relaxed was a nice shift in pace, one she wanted to enjoy, Had been, until Stryder poked her face...

Hei saw Stryder punching the rock again, damaging it further. - It's working well, why did they take like two hours to come as far as they have by now?- he wondered, then Stryder shouted, being happy to nearly destroy the rock, then walking over to the sleeping girl. Hei was not so much interested in what the two of them where doing in this moment, but he was still putting the gloves he had borrowed on a test, so he once again hauled off, to punch the rock with even more power than he had before. His fist connected with the stone, sending a shock through it, enlarging the crack that had appeared earlier. "Hey Stryder, have a look at this crack, I think it is nearly done. Just a few more hits and you are free to end the quest. Should I attack it once more, or do you want to deliver the finishing blows all by yourself?" After informing Stryder about the progress he had made, Hei had a closer look at the glove on his right hand, if there was any sign of wear, but it seemed as if the gloves where quite robust.

Spoiler

ID# 81965
Battle: 8 -> hit -> 1+3 = 4 dmg -> 5/50 HP

Rock HP: 5/50 HP

Edited by Hei

Sky laughed at her, deciding to be a little mean as he petted her on the head for a moment, trying to annoy her even more. For some reason, he just needed a laugh after all this.

"There there, we almost broke this thing!!! One or two more hits, your call if you want to sleep through it!!!" He said before turning, running towards the rock and delivering yet another punch, watching the whole thing crack. It was so damaged, at certain angles chunks were taken out, and a little light shone through the rock, showing that it had cracked almost all the way through

"It would be nice if you could hit it without those damage gloves, i really want to break this thing open myself.... its been hours, i really need the satisfaction of finishing this, but it still has one or two of my hits left in it.... Maybe i could borrow those things to see how they work? You seemed to do some insane damage with them!!!" He said, looking at Hei as he asked.

ID# 81966 results: 

Battle: 7

Rock HP 4/50

Eatos pouted up at Stryder, who she felt was making fun of her! All she wanted was to find a place to nap, was that too much to ask for? The girl rolled over onto her stomach to watch Stryder throw himself at the rock, and actually do some damage for a change. It amused her, since Hei had offered his assistance, they'd pretty much doubled the speed of the rock killing. Part of her knew she should get up, but she was comfortable where she was and opted to remain lying down. After all, lying down on the ground was so comfortable.

"Hey, Stryder, I'm not some house-cat you can pet then run from....." She let out another sigh, but didn't move. Yawning as she watched the pair continue their final assault on the rock. That action by Stryder was, odd. It seemed out of place for him, the boy who was carrying so many on his own back, to pet something. While she Didn't like the fact he'd petted her like one might would a pet, getting angry or frustrated about it was pointless.

Edited by Eatos

Hei watched, as Stryder jumped for the rock, hitting it with just another punch, the crack opened up further, and sunlight shone through it. They were doing great process and so he had asked Stryder if he should further attack. Stryder had just told him that he would like to do the finishing blows on his own, but asked for the gloves, and as Hei was interested in observing how the gloves modified a punch. "Ok Stryder, here they are!" Hei called, while throwing them over to the soon be martial artist.

Then he got ready to have a good look at the next blow Stryder would land on the rock, sitting down a little aside, so no chunks of flying stone would hit him. - Wondering if there will be anything interesting to be seen. And when the stone breaks, will there be anything special, or will it just be a stone breaking and then maybe disappearing. -

Sky caught the gloves, smiling as he put them on. They felt good to have on, they were beautiful to. Something about them felt odd, but he shrugged it off. He put them on, but unknowingly forgot to make sure they were on right. As he went up for a punch, one glove slipped off, his bare hand hitting the rock and doing nothing... again. With a groan, and a slight pout he leaned down, picking up the glove and putting it on, this time making sure it was strapped on and good...

"Okay, this time im going to do it. Im not going to miss this time, im going to break you" He said to the  rock, shaping up. He was determined this time, he was going to punch it right off the cliff. It was going to go down, it was going to break. He was going to destroy it.

ID# 81970 results:

Battle: 1 (MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSS :( )

Rock HP 4/50

Seeing how Stryder mad just the same mistake he had done earlier made Hei laugh a little, but he tried to keep it quiet, as he had seen how bad Stryders motivation was at the moment. - This is not what I wanted to watch, but at least I now know, that is was not per se my fault, but maybe a strange way of crafting the gloves. I'll do one more punch, maybe this will motivate him even more than the part about nearly having finished the quest - and so Hei focused on the rock, closing his eyes and just punch straight at it. With his arm fully outflung, there was something wrong, he did not feel stone underneath his fingers and there hadn't been the shock he had predicted when hitting the stone.

When he opened his eyes he saw what should not be possible, he had misestimated how long his arm was, as he had been fighting with his spear for some time now and so his fist was just a finger away from the rock. "God damn, how could that be, sorry Stryder, you might have to do that on your own now"

Spoiler

ID# 81972
Battle: 4+1 = 5 -> miss

Edited by Hei

Sky watched as Hei went in for another punch, but, with what seemed like miscalculation? He seemed to miss the rock, his fist just not reaching it. He couldn't help but feel a little better, when he watched someone else miss it made him feel like he wasn't a failure. He decided to try again, not having much choice anyway. No way he was going to quit now!!!

"All good, im going to smash this thing!!!" He shouted with confidence, only to as he went in for a punch, trip over and face plant into the rock. It did nothing to it, he just fell over. A single tear went down his face in embarrassment and anger, this thing was so close to being broken... He rolled onto his gut, getting up and staring at it. Third times a charm, he squared up, staring at the rock, focusing every little bit of his body on, the fire in his eyes burning up as he prepared to actually deliver the final blow.

ID# 81974 results:

Battle: 4

Rock - 4/50

- I have to keep calm, there is no way a simple quest as this can make me feel this strong anger. Just imagine a waterfall, falling and falling and falling - with these thought and the image of a waterfall Hei calmed himself, as he was not going to rage because of a rock. This time he was trying something else, he saw how Stryder jumped the rock earlier and as he was not wearing his gloves any more he could just try a kick as well. Hei took a run-up and attacked the Rock with a whirling kick, hoping to break it some more. His foot connected with the stone, scraping on its surface and sending small pebbles flying through the air. "Got it, but it's still standing, your turn, and please show it how one fights" He shouted towards Stryder, with a smile in his face

Spoiler

ID# 81976
Battle: 5+1 =6 -> hit -> 1 DMG -> 3/50HP

Rock HP: 3/50HP

Edited by Hei