<When the Flames Rage> Deforestation (PP-F6) Aereth

Spoiler

<<Deforestation>>

This quest takes place on Floor 6
This quest is repeatable
This quest courtesy of Tristan Delaney

This RP will not count in the benchmark

fire_tiger_monster.jpg

Image Created by Deviant Art User Sandara (Link Here)

The Amazons are proud of their forests, being the pride of their floor with the vast spanning jungles that house a large variety of species. However a lone tiger of flame threatens the sanctity of the forest Amazon's Folly, for it burns down anything in their path, razing their pathway with a baptism of fire. The Amazons request that you take down the tiger to ensure their forest is not left as mere ash.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
-Maximum Party Size of 3
-The Byakko must be defeated
-Repeat completions will only yield <<Tiger Rage>>

Byakko Information:

<<Byakko>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 150

MIT: 40

Damage per Attack: 60
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, half the damage dealt is instead dealt as burn damage, which ignores mitigation as a status. This has no DoT.

Rewards:

1. <<Tiger Rage>> A potion which grants +2 damage. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.
2. 3 Skill Points

(Updated due to September Update)

Hidden stood on the sixth floor, preparing herself for yet another adventure. She was looking for a challenge this time, so she figured she would try with a quest on a higher floor. "Well, I best get going" She told herself. She did notice a few things about this floor. There was a lot of trees, a village, and no men NPC. She really did not mind, but the girls were a bit strange. She tried to venture away from each of the townspeople. There was a few hunters who carried spears, and they looked much more serious than the others. 'This quest might be a little dangerous, but I believe I should be okay' Another came up that she just loved about this game. As soon as she accepted the quest, the hunters acted different when they approached her. They seemed more worried now, all muttering about a beast of fire tearing down the forest. As soon as they were out of sight they moved back to their daily routine of things to do. She asked one of the townspeople about it, but they did not know anything, and were a bit uncomfortable around her. She had that impression on a lot of people. She carried the intensity and presence of a assassin. Most players would not approach her, even though she did not have an orange cursor. She just much rathered to be alone... cept' when it came to Sey. She could stay around with him for days and never get bored. 

@Aereth

The sixth floor... Only women, and quests. Pretty much nothing else happened ever here on this floor, but the quests here wielded some really good rewards, so Aereth was once again away from his home on the fourth floor in order to get stronger. Though, Aereth's sleeping had been reduced to a minimum in the last couple of days, due to needing more time for training sessions as well as his nightmares, he prefered to stay on his home floor, because he wasn't able to use the teleport gates in the settlements and thus had to use expensive teleport crystals or walk through the labyrinths... Shaking his head, Aereth let out a sigh, and focused back on the task at hand. He needed to get some help in accepting a quest. Usually he had two possible choices. Wait for somebody to come out of the safe zone and ask him or her, if he could bring the quest NPC to one of the town gates, most of the time without any success, or just offering players to assist them in said quests. More or less like a cheap mercenary. He sighed. "Hopefully I don't have to wait half of the day until somebody agrees to help me today..." he thought while he stayed hidden in the forest...

@Hidden

Hidden moved out of the floor's town, away from the strange acting NPC's. She actually sort of liked this floor. It was full of trees, which could allow her a quick getaway, or an easy hiding place. She made sure nothing escaped her sight as she walked forward, looking for any mobs or burning objects that might signal where this creature was. She sighed, and then heard something. She crouched low, dissapearing into the shadows as she activated her <Sneak and Hide Skill>. She searched around, her eyes traveling flawlessly around the area. The she seen him, barely hidden in the forest was Aereth. She crept forward slowly, and then as she got within twenty feet of him, she stood, removing her hiding capabilities. "Aereth. Strange to see you in a place like this" She scanned for weapons and caught sight of his own sword. He looked... fatigued. "Are you alright? You look rather beat." She wondered what possibly could have brought him into a state like this. Perhaps something had been hunting him? 'He also works with Domarus' Her thoughts nagged at her. 'He hides things' She tried to shake them away. 'He is alone, where is Vex?' 

81671 LD:19+4=23. Aereth found. 

Edited by Hidden

To say Aereth was surprised at @Hidden's sudden appearing was an understatement. From the sudden appearing of the hooded woman, Aereth needed to take step back before regaining his usual calmness. "Wow, Hidden, greetings. Your ability to hide yourself sure has improved from the last time we met each other." He said, while pulling back the hood of his new cloak. 

A light sigh escaped Aereth's lips when Hidden mentioned how he somehow wasn't looking very good. "Ah, don't talk about it. I just didn't catch enough sleep in the last couple of days, due to training and some planing for future stuff." He answered casually. From their last encounter, Aereth knew that Hidden wasn't that much interested in unneeded backstory so he just gave her the basics. Although Vex also was partially to blame for Aereth's lack of sleep. They've spent every day since he took the man with him planning on how to gather more information about the group who was responsible for the child kidnapping. Not long and they would start their first operation... Shaking his head slightly, Aereth turned his full attention back to Hidden and said. "Well, I'm just here for some questing, soooo may I ask you for a favour? Could you lure one of those stupid quest NPC's out of the save zone so that I could take a quest? Or do you maybe have a quest on your own where I could tag along?" he asked the hooded woman.

The shadowed girl stood there watching the man with a straight face. He stepped back, a bit surprised to be snuck up upon like that. He pulled back his hood of his cloak, which appeared to be new. He spoke of how he had been busy lately, training and planning. He never went into detail. "Planning..." She stood there a second, wondering if it would be fine to tell him that she knew some of his plans already. "Plans are important, especially with a mission as important as yours" She snickered and turned and then answered his next question. "Well, unless you plan on doing Calming the Soul, you can finish the Deforestation quest with me." She made no more hints of his mission that he was preparing for. She truthfully had no idea of what his mission was, just that he was working on the mission that she had contributed to by accident. Domarus had took the list of names and the letter from her, so she no longer had textual evidence that she had contributed. "Trust me. You don't miss that you could not come inside that town. i wouldn't mind being an orange player to miss that" She laughed and waited a response. 

@Aereth

Aereth tensed and his mind started to race. "From where does she know about my mission. Here in Aincrad only three players, me included, know what im currently working on... I doubt that Vex leaked anything, since he's only in my shop, and Domarus is usually somebody who can be trusted. Maybe she's..." his hand was about to slowly traveled to the hilt of his sword, but then he remembered their last encounter. Additionally she was a friend of Sey, a Sentinel of his ex-guild. "Hidden! You need to answer me some very important question. What do you know about my 'mission' and how did you get to know about it?" Aereth asked Hidden in a serious voice. This was a pivotal situation. Depending on Hidden's answer to those questions, Aereth would, or would not need to attack the woman. He also wanted to know what she meant with the part where she said that she wouldn't mind turning red, but that would have to wait until that situation would be clarified...

@Hidden

Hidden walked forward beside Aereth. She watched as his muscles tensed and his face paled. She smiled. She had gotten the reaction out of him that she had wanted from him. Though, now she had to play it bit more safe. He spoke, his hand nearing the hilt of his weapon. "Truthfully, I know next to nothing about your mission. I am surprised Domarus has not sent you anything yet. We work closer together than you may think" She laughed and moved forward a bit away from him, before turning to walk backward. "Or perhaps... I am the green player from Black Adder" She added playfully. She laid on the sarcasm pretty thick so he would not misunderstand. She was enjoying herself in a way that she had not done in a while. "Seriously. If I was one of them, would I tell you before I attacked? Wouldn't I be with others?" She sighed. She liked the fact that he was so cautious, but the situation was just wrong for her to try to foil or attack him. "Any other questions?" 

@Aereth

When she mentioned that she got that information from Domarus, Aereth relaxed a little bit. Though he still decided to stay cautious around the shady player until he knew more. He hated it how she didn't answer his questions directly and how she treated the whole matter as if it was a game. She spoke about the Black Adder in public and laughed about the whole matter. Slowly anger started to rise inside of him, and he needed a good talk with Domarus after the whole matter was over. Aereth stopped and activated his searching skill, looking for any possible players that could be hiding around them. After that he grabbed Hidden and forcefully led her away from the path they were walking on, into the denser part of the woods until they were out of hearing range from anyone that would pass by on the path. "For gods sake, take care what you are saying. Openly speaking about the Black Adder never was a healthy thing. Didn't Dom tell you that? They have ears and eyes everywhere. And stop joking about that guild." "You are way to under-leveled to work as the green player for them..." he added mentally. After that Aereth started massaging his temples. "You still didn't answer my question. What exactly do you know? Or better, what did Domarus tell you about the matter?" No, what information did he decide to share with her. For now he decided to push away the anger and instead opted to stay calm and polite around his companion.

@Hidden

Hidden would stand still and listen to Aereth speak. He snapped as he spoke, which angered her a bit. He was pushing this way too far. "I believe we are fine when it comes to being here. The chances of Black Adder being on this floor, at this particular time is very slim. Anyhow, I already had something scout out the area before I confronted you. Further scouting is still going on" She turned, having yet to see her familiar. "As for the information, I have told you all that I know, other than that they are after children. I personally informed Domarus of this." The man began to massage his temples as if he were annoyed. She made a sound of disgust and said, "Come along then if you wish. Standing here increases our chances of getting hunted down by them." She took off into the trees, following down the path her familiar had gone. She knew Black Adder could not be here. They would have been hunted down at once after they had started talking about them. "I would not treat me so harshly. I have given Domarus much information, that is crucial for this mission overall" 

@Aereth

"Kay, then let's just stop now talking about that matter, and don't talk in public about it any more, understood? There are lives on the line and I don't want to risk them finding out about what I'm going to do." Swiftly following Hidden into the trees, he heard how she mentioned not to treat her too harshly due to the amount of important information she had gathered for Domarus so far. "Can't be that important if you don't even know more about them..." Aereth mumbled under his breath so that she wouldn't be able to hear it. 

"Anyway, the other question I have for you is, why wouldn't you mind turning red? I can tell you some things about it. Traveling sucks. Finding decent places to eat sucks. Getting your hands on quests sucks. So why would you want to turn red, and more important how?" Aereth asked the hooded woman, curiously.

@Hidden

Hidden watched Aereth as he appeared to have finally began to solve his own mysteries about her, his distrust already fading. He warned her about keeping it quiet and that was all that was said over the matter. They would move further into the trees before Aereth would question her once more. "It would appear you did not hear me correctly earlier. I said you would rather be red then go into that town. BUT. The red cursor wouldn't be too bad as most people would leave me alone then. I don't exactly like hanging in crowds. Also, with a green cursor, I am more lenient. As red, I have already taken the worst of punishments. As for how, I think there are ways out there to do it without actually killing players" She caught the whiff of a burning smell. "Prepare yourself. Our target draws near" She told the man. She brought forth her dagger and her familiar stepped out of the shadows to her side. Umbra was prepared for battle. This battle should be fairly easy, especially with Aereth here. 

@Aereth

Aereth let out a dark chuckle at the comment of his hooded companion. "Apologies then, it really seems like I got that part wrong, but to be completely honest, I can't really imagine you having problems with other people annoying you, dear. Judging by your appearance and behavior I never thought many players would approach you naturally. You look dangerous and like a person you wouldn't want to mess with even without a red cursor. And if you don't like crowds, just stay away from them." Another dark laugh followed then. "And besides the annoying things I just mentioned before, it's really dangerous as well. You wouldn't belief me how often I get attacked by other players." a short pause. "I mean, if you really want to become red this bad, I won't be hindering you. As if I could." Aereth concluded and also caught the same whiff of a burning smell. 

They then silently sneaked up on the field boss and stayed hidden in the tree crowns. "You wanna have the first hit, or should I go first?" Aereth mumbled to his female companion in anticipation for the fight to come. Hopefully this wasn't again such a weak mob that would die in one hit...

@Hidden

Spoiler

Party Information:

Aereth: 740/740 HP | 74/74 EN | 54 MIT | 3 EVA | 16 Flame Aura

Byakko Information:

<<Byakko>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 150/150

MIT: 40

Damage per Attack: 60
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, half the damage dealt is instead dealt as burn damage, which ignores mitigation as a status. This has no DoT.

• 2 weeks later...

Hidden would catch sight of her opponent and was amazed of the power it seemed to have over the forest. Everything burned around them, filling her nostrils with a burning feeling. Aereth next to her asked if she needed him to attack first. She shook her head and said, "I can attack first. I am just going to try and paralyze it. It shouldn't hit me unless it is quite lucky" She moved her blade into a reverse grip and darted forward the beast taking notice of her instantly. He sliced it with her dagger, but it came short and dealt next to nothing to it. 'I just need to get my paralyze and phase activated!' Then she would be dealing a bit more damage. Then she seen its claws heading striaght toward her. She tried to leap out of the way, but the claw burst into flames and struck her. She fell back, rolling across the ground. She had lost a bit of health, but she was no where near death yet. 

84343 BD:7 MD:9

[1]Hidden 340/400 <> 35/40
    BD:7+3=Hit. Sword Art Used: Shadow Stitch(3x2)
    DMG:6*7=42-40=2 DMG
[0]Aereth 740/740 <> 74/74

Byakko 148/150

@Aereth

Edited by Hidden

Responding with a short nod, Aereth immediately decided to run to the other side of the mob while Hidden was starting her attack. At the time where she would be attacking the field boss, Aereth would come in and us the disctraction from her attack, to get some good damage on the burning creature.

Hidden's blade made contact with the creature, and it winced in annoyance. After the sword art died down the mob instantly charged at the woman, in order to burn her to ashes. Unfortunately for the field boss, Aereth was faster. He jumped out of his hiding spot and immediately attacked it with a furious combination of his one handed sword and material arts skill. It's health points dropped into the red zone, and it turned around, now facing the orange player. Wasting no time, the field boss sped towards him and he was just able to bring his blade up in front of him, in order to protect himself a little bit. The beast came crashing into him and shoved him a few steps back. Aereth was used to heat due to his special armor, but this was on a whole different level. Slowly beginning to sweat, while fending off the beast, Aereth called out. "Your turn again."

@Hidden

ID# 84369 results:
Battle: 10
Damage: (12+2)*11= 154-40 = 114 DMG <<Meteor Break>>

MOB: 10
Damage: 62-54 = 8 DMG

[1]Hidden 340/400 <> 35/40
[1]Aereth 738/740 <> 64/74

Byakko 34/150

She would watch as Aereth would attack, bringing its health down quite low. If she could just hit it and unleash her dagger's true effects, it would soon fall to its demise. She charged forward, noticing the creature had taken notice on Aereth. She smiled and leapt up, feeling the extreme temperature's of her enemies body. She thrust her dagger forward, slicing precisely. Her dagger became enveloped in darkness as she used the Shadow Stitch sword art. Her dagger did not activate and her blow became more annoying than damaging. The creature turned back on her, slashing with its claws. This time, she was prepared. She dodged quickly out of harms way and avoiding the flames. Her speed was quite something when it came to mobs. Players were more precise, which is why she would need to invest in a bit of mitigation soon. Her damage was top prioriety. She was supposed to become the top low level in damage.

Spoiler

84456 BD:3 MD:7

[2]Hidden 340/400 <> 35/40
   BD:3+3=6. Sword Art Used: Shadow Stitch(3x2)
DMG:7*6=42-40= 2DMG

[1]Aereth 738/740 <> 64/74

Byakko 32/150
MD:7-3=4. Miss

@Aereth

Edited by Hidden

When @Hidden finally dashed in and attacked the Byakko, Aereth immediately retreated a couple of steps in order to prepare for the probably last attack on the stupid mob. "I'll finish him off with this one..." Aereth thought and quickly sheathed his blade. A high pitched whistle came out of Aereth's mouth before he triggered his Disguise skill.  Immediately Fenrir, Aereth's wolf, emerged from the dense bushes and came to a halt besides Aereth. By the time Fenrir reached the brunette, Aereth had completely transformed in a wolf as well. 

After a short nod from Aereth, both of the sped away in different directions, intending to pin the field boss from two different sides. First Fenrir reached the mob, attempting to slash at the Byakko with his sharp claws, before Aereth emerged from the opposite site, siding under the field boss before reaching his head, and transforming back to his normal form. "Back off." he called out to his companion, as he charged up a material arts sword art. He jumped and delivered a fatal Enzuigiri kick right to the face of the burning mob, effectively destroying the mob and finishing the quest. 

ID# 84475 results:
Battle: 2 + 3 (ACC item) + 1 (Disguise), HIT
Damage: 14 * 3 = 42 DMG

[2]Hidden 340/400 <> 35/40
[2]Aereth 738/740 <> 59/74

Byakko 0/150

She would move away, a smirk on her face as she looked back to Aereth. He whistled sharply, a noise that cut through the air like a howl in the night. Then, a wolf came from the trees behind them, moving to stand with Aereth. She would watch as Aereth's figure melted away and he and his familiar would charge forward, striking form either side and effectively killing the beast. She looked over to Umbra, the black fox who appeared to be idle as it sat there. Her companion showed good help in battles, and did exceptionally well in group combat, keeping the others off of her so she could focus on one. She made one clap as she moved over to Aereth. "Not bad, if I do say so myself" She wet silent and sheathed her dagger. She hated to admit it, but when she brought up her damage, her and Aereth would make a pretty good team. The  man seemed more of a DPs then scout it seemed though. She hadn't seen his capabilities in that field just yet though. "Anything else you require for me? Or is that quest fine to call good? I really don't care either way... but...." She had no other quests to do on this floor with him. She needed to get some solo quests done soon for sure. Hoya, Worn out Welcome, Secret Medicine of the Forest, and Gemini were all ones she needed to solo soon.

@Aereth

"Good job, my friend." Aereth mumbled to Fenrir, and ruffled the head of the wolf playfully. He had spent many hours of training with his familiar, and up until now Fenrir did not dissappoint him even once. Then however a single clap, followed by a praise from the hooded girl, snapped him back to reality. "Well, thank you. I have to say that I'm also pretty impressed by the progress you are making with your fighting experience." Aereth answered. Even though their first meeting wasn't that great, Aereth somehow felt more relaxed while questing with her, than with most of  the other people. She wasn't the standard happy go lucky type of player. She was cautious, and well aware of the dangers that came with this death game. "For now I'm satisfied with the experience output of this quest. Though. I might just stay a little bit longer on this floor in order to get some more training in. Walking down two floors, just to get home sucks a**." Aereth answered. He still looked pretty messy with his f*cked up sleeping times, but hey. Sleep is for the weak. Shaking his head, in order to sort his thoughts once more, Aereth turned to face @Hidden once more. "If you want to leave this floor though, I could accompany you to the border of the safe zone."

She would look to the man as he replied to her and said that she had grown a few levels since they last encountered one another. She nodded and replied, "I plan to keep doing so. It has been getting a little slower,, and my priorities change a little every day. Perhaps I will be of a bit more help next time" He told her that he could accompany her to the safezone if she wished to leave, but he was going to stay here and train instead of going down two floors to get home. She nodded. "I will be returning to a lower floor and finishing some quests on m yown next. They  will be rather boring quests, but definitely helpful in getting stronger"She told him. She turned to some of the burnt area next to her and said, "I can find my own way to the safe zone though. Thank you for the offer though, I best get going. Shadow's must move as the day goes on" She said. She snapped and Umbra charged forward into the clearing, completely vanishing from sight. With that Hidden darted in after, following the faint trail of shadow.

@Aereth

"I hope so. I'm actually looking forward to that next time. It's quite enjoyable to be able to work with somebody who knows what she's doing." Aereth said with a small smirk, but nodded at the woman when she told him that she would find her way back to the safe zone alone. "Very well, then I wish you the best of luck in your next quests. And hopefully you'll be even stronger when you have finished them." With that Aereth pulled up his hood and facial mask once more, before turning his back to the woman in black. The snapping made Aereth turn his head one last time in order to see what the girl was doing, and couldn't help but to crack a small smile when she sped away. "Seems like we're alone once more." Aereth said to Fenrir, in a low voice, before focusing back on the forest in front of them. "Better get going..." And with that he was also gone.

@Hidden just PM me as soon as you have posted the summary, and I'll lock the thread.