[PP-F2] <<Let There Be Light>> (Itzal)

Lovely morning. Birds were already singing in the distance, giving a great melody for the players to enjoy as they wake up and begin the day. It's the birds in the distance that disrupts Kasier's sleep instead of the ringing of an alarm clock like real life. This was one aspect that she enjoyed this game more than real life... The fact that she didn't have to wake up every morning with dark circles around her eyes as she forced herself to get up for school. Every single day in this game, she wakes up on her own will and every single time - at least for the past few weeks, she wakes up in a great mood. What to do for the day? Kasier thought, changing from her PJs to her normal clothes. Kasier was not one to wear armor inside a safe zone. She knows quite a few people who does that... But she can't twist her mind around how they can constantly stay in such a heavy, uncomfortable attire. Kasier opened the door to her room before reaching the living room and deciding to make something simple for her and Itzal when he wakes up. Mhm. Let's see here. Pancakes should be good. She decided, opening her menu and allowing the game to do its thing. 

@Itzal

Itzal stretched as he made his way back to his shop.  Every morning he went out for a jog and did exercise.  He never stopped his daily training, though he relaxed more in the afternoons than he used to.  Velnia was looking for berries she could eat along the way back to the shop.  He noticed that Kasier was becoming active again so he hoped he'd be able to do some more things with her.  Of course there was something he needed to do with her, but it wasn't time just yet.  Soon though, very soon.  He knew exactly where it needed to be done as well.  He was, as usual, wearing his twilight cloak, Beauty Incarnated, and Dragon's Soul, an obsidian weapon that had paralysis on it rather than damage.  Since Velnia's rank was maxed out there wasn't any need for damage.  When Velnia came back she was swallowing all of the berries.  Itzal sighed.  "You could have saved some of them.  For crafting or for breakfast."  She finished swallowing and Itzal facepalmed.  He opened the door and heard sounds from upstairs.  "Oh Kasier's awake."  He walked upstairs and saw Kasier in the pitiful excuse for a kitchen.  "Morning Kasier."  Velnia flew over and landed on Kasier's shoulder.

ID#  81007  LD:  5+8

@Kasier

Edited by Itzal

"Morning." The woman replied swiftly, flipping the pancake into the air and hearing it land with a satisfying sizzling sound. "Might as well enjoy the cooking while we can. As soon as the game allows us to change professions, I'm changing into an alchemist." She said, scooping the pancake from the pan onto the plate so it can be with the three other pancakes that she had already made. Taking off the apron that she had put on prior to prevent any stains that might result from cooking, she picked up the plate of pancakes and sat down on one of the two chairs that surrounded the small, wooden table. As soon as she placed the pancakes on the table, Velnia burst into speed, targeting the first pancake before it was even cooled. Apparently, dragons had a different sense of taste than humans because the heat seemed not to have affected her. Kasier shrugged, looking at Itzal and indirectly inviting him to sit down. "So, how has your morning been? Did you just wake up?" She asked, pulling out two forks, syrup, and two empty from her inventory. "Help yourself." Kasier said, taking one more pancake, leaving two more. After a bite, she evaluated her work, deciding that it was not the best of cooking but she could get by with it. Continuing to eat at the pancake, she rolled up her eyes to check whether Itzal was eating or not. 

@Itzal

Itzal was hit by the sweet smell of pancakes.  The moment Kasier put a plate down for them Velnia shot forward and dug in.  Itzal chuckled.  Classic Velnia.  "Kasier, even if you lost the actual skill, I'm pretty sure you could make pretty incredible food.  I legitimately turn everything I try to cook black...  I still don't know how..."  He took her offer instantly and sat down at the table, taking the utensils and pouring the syrup onto his food.  While he poured he heard her question and chuckled.  "Nah.  I get up earlier than is good for me.  I've been doing my daily exercises that's all.  I try to get them out of the way so that I can free up my day for other activities."  He cut up a few pieces and took a bite of one, closing his eyes as he savored it.  "...  I have to hand it to you, these pancakes are better than the ones at that diner on the first floor.  You could genuinely make a living off of this.  Although it would be interesting to see you practice alchemy.  What made you interested in it?"  Velnia had finished her pancakes by now and was about to grab the others when she realized it wouldn't be nice to steal their food...  So instead she began to fly towards where the food was stored.  Itzal sighed and gestured with his knife.  "That is why she feels heavier than last time."

@Kasier

"My cooking is not as good as you state it is," Kasier said, taking another mouthful of the pancake. Surely the man was simply showering praises on her just of the sake of doing so because in her opinion, the pancakes - although not bad - could improve drastically. "And I guess certain players just have talent in virtual cooking." Kasier joked, knowing that the cooking system in this game was simply through a few clicks of a button, a formula of experience, and luck. If all three of those were satisfied - an excellent cuisine could be created from just about any material. In fact, Kasier wouldn't even be startled if someone made a blueberry pie from a bunch of strawberries. It was all numbers - everything in this game was based on numbers. "Alchemy? Well, I never was interested in it really. But as a healer that would need to be on the front lines, I need to be able to produce a lot and lot of potions/crystals so I can heal others on the front lines. Alchemy is the profession of a healer and instead of spending a bunch of Col on crystals, why not just make them myself? It would take more work from me but I guess it's something that can keep me motivated." Kasier justified her decision to convert to an alchemist when the game would, hopefully someday in someway, enable the players to change their professions. Taking another bite off her pancake, Kasier inquired, "What do you plan to do today? If you don't have any plans, I'd like to complete a quest or two. I do have quite the catching up to do, after all."

@Itzal

Itzal grinned as she challenged him to who was worse at cooking.  He turned to her.  "I could show you if you'd like.  I showed Sey."  At her comment on some players not having talent in the virtual world for cooking he chuckled.  "Or real world in my case."  He wished he could cook.  He didn't want Kasier to do all of the cooking, he wanted to help her in some of it.  Maybe she could teach him how not to make things black.  Though he doubted it he'd get better he was willing to try if it was Kasier teaching him.  Then she started sharing as to why she wanted to become an alchemist.  The first reason she gave was the need to gather potions and crystals that would heal.  Need made perfect sense to Itzal and he nodded to her.  That reminded him that he needed to get to work on Kasier's ordered items.  Unfortunately he was out of tier two materials so he'd need to go gather some more.  Most likely he'd go with Sey to do that since Sey needed materials frequently as well.  Her second reason was that she could make items she'd frequently need for herself and not purchase them.  The third reason was motivation.  All very sound and logical reasons for the transfer.  He smiled as he knew that was Kasier through and through.  "Yeah that makes sense.  Well don't worry I'm certain you'll be the greatest alchemist out of all of them."  Then she asked him if he had any plans to do and that she'd like to get some quests done to catch up.  He took the final bite of his pancakes before replying.  "Nah I'm free today.  What quest were you thinking of doing?"  He picked up his plate and brought it over to the makeshift sink along with his utensils.

@Kasier

"I'd rather not cringe at the sight of an overbaked bagel if I can help it. Thank you very much." Kasier spoke in a matter-of-fact manner. If she can't bare to cook for herself, how can she patiently observe someone else cook - especially when they are already convinced that they cannot create anything of satisfactory quality? It was then that Itzal claimed that she will become the best alchemist of all time. "I highly doubt that I'll be the greatest alchemist of all time. I am fairly certain that Zandra had already grand mastered alchemy. I haven't even started with the profession yet... Plus, I'm not even certain if the game will eventually let us change professions. If I do change professions, I hope it lets me continue with my cooking - just for fun. It's fun to cook once in a while." Kasier continued, "Plus, it's not exactly my goal to make a name for myself. Honestly, I just want to make it more effective for me to heal players. Instead of burning Col on buying crystals, a much more productive method would be to gather materials and then make them myself." She explained, watching Itzal stand up and put away his dishes. "I don't think I made enough. Oh well, I guess we can have a big lunch or something. Just leave the plates there. So, you know that one quest we wanted to do with that other girl a long time ago? The quest that we never completed because the other player was too afraid of the dark?" Kasier remembered, putting her pointing finger at her chin, trying to remember the details of that quest. "I wonder if the child is still in that cave."

@Itzal

Itzal couldn't help but chuckle at her comment and nodded.  "Well then that makes two of us I guess.  Velnia?"  Her face contorted in disgust at the thought and shook her head, losing her appetite for any more pancakes and flying her plate over to the sink.  Kasier began to explain all the reasons why she wouldn't be the greatest in Aincrad and he listened and understood.  He smiled.  "I understand.  Although you definitely have the potential to be the best."  Then she mentioned how it wasn't her goal to gain reputation, just to fulfill her role in the game much more easily and more potently.  Now that Itzal could understand and relate with the most.  "I get what you mean.  So many players, especially in the front lines, want to become famous and get the greatest gear and skills.  Unfortunately in their quest to do just that ends up ruining their reputation in some way.  Mack is the worst in my opinion."  Itzal hesitated when she told him to leave the dishes since he had always taken care of his own things.  Then she asked Itzal if he remembered the quest with that player who freaked out because it was dark.  "Oh yeah I remember that.  I wonder if she's still adventuring.  Regardless I hope she's fine.  And I'm certain the npc will always be in the cave every time someone takes the quest.  Alright then, I'm willing to tag along.  I have night vision too so that should make it all easier."

@Kasier

"Mack? I've never heard that name before. Tell me about him."  Kasier responded, rising up from her own seat as she strolled over to the sink where all the dirty dishes were accumulated, waiting to be washed by an unwilling person. It had to be done though, so Kasier would get it done. Clicking a few buttons on her HUD menu, she allowed the game to aid her with the dish washing by turning on the sink and scrubbing the dishes without her focusing too much on it. That was the convenience that this game provided the players. Although the players had to use some effort on daily, simple tasks, the game would often assist the players so much that the effort would feel like nothing. To her, washing dishes and cooking was one of those actions. "And yeah, I haven't seen that black-haired girl in a while now. What was her name? Kin... Kind... Kindle. Ah, that was her name. She was quite the weird girl wasn't she. I wonder if she's still alive." Kasier continued, "Anyway, as soon as I finish washing these plates, we head out to the cave! Since we never completed the quest the last time that we attempted it, the child should still be in there for use to rescue. Poor kid - if he was an actual player, he would probably have been scared to his wits." Kasier proceeded, hurrying up and scrubbing at a faster rate. An adventure in the cave seemed a lot more engaging to her than washing these dishes. This was an action RPG game, not the Sims... Chores should not be the main focus of her life at the time. It would feel good for her to head out and finally begin adventuring again.

@Itzal

Kasier asked Itzal to tell her about mack and he sighed.  "I only know what I saw from boss events.  He's essentially second in command of the KoB, red hair and huge.  He likes to boss people around as if he knows what everyone needs to do and he expects them to obey his commands.  In the Rovian wars event, players found that we weren't ready for the boss so they started to retreat in order to stay alive.  When he saw them flee he mocked them, calling all of us cowards and such.  He, like most of the KoB, is full of self centered thoughts, over dose of pride and no respect for anyone else.  I think Macradon is the only player in the KoB I actually like."  Talking about Mack rekindled his grudge against the KoB.  He was very glad now that they didn't accept the alliance offer the KoB had made.  It really would have screwed up what the CA stood for, as well as make rivalries worse.  Then Kasier began to talk about the girl Kindle and at the mention of the possibility of her dying Itzal nodded.  "I hope she's alive.  The least we can do is help clear this world to get her home."  Itzal opened his menu and began scrolling through his equipment.  "You know it's technically me who should be taking care of the dishes.  I feel bad letting you take care of mine."  He selected Niger Natio and swapped the armors out, the black armor covering him save for the head.  He put up his hood but not his mouthpiece.  He left that down this time.  He checked to see if Dragon's Soul as well as Beauty Incarnated were all set before looking to KasierAfter all she'd be done with the dishes by now.  "Alright then.  I'm ready when you are Kasier."

"Mack, huh? Never heard of him. I guess he's pretty important. The only player that I've really paid attention to in that guild is Heathcliff - that man has an aura of strength surrounding him." Kasier stated, finishing up the last of the dishes. It did not take very long for her to finish those dishes as there were only three that had to be used in the creation of those pancakes. "And don't worry about it. I don't mind doing the dishes. Consider it an exchange for your care." She said playfully, winking as she took off her apron. Kasier watched as the man changed into gear - sometimes she wished her gear was as simple to change into as men's were. "Hold on a second, let me go change into my tank build in my room," She said, running out of the small kitchen and into her own private room where she had all her equipment stored. Smiling as she opened her menu, she was reminded that this would be the second time that she would play as a tank for a party. Although my tanking probably will not be needed. It makes me feel good to know that I'm making good progress developing myself as a tank. Kasier thought, finishing up and returning back to Itzal. "Well, I'm ready to go. Gentleman first." She waved and bowed, directing Itzal forwards with two hands. 

@Itzal

Important my butt Itzal thought.  While he was strong enough to be needed in the front lines, if it weren't for that Itzal wouldn't want him there at all.  He made himself out to be an excellent leader but Itzal was willing to bet that there were many many players who'd rather follow a squirrel into battle than that man who insulted people left and right.  Although she was right about Heathcliff.  He was strong.  "He may be strong but he's still an over prideful and selfish man.  Like I said the only real good player in that guild is Macradon.  He's the only one I don't mind hanging out with."  When Kasier told him she didn't mind doing dishes, and to consider it as exchange for his care, Itzal blushed a little bit, though it was rather well concealed behind his hood.  Of course he was certain that Kasier knew him so well she might be able to feel the red on his cheeks even from this distance.  It was mild though.  When she ran upstairs to change outfits Itzal stood there wondering.  Why do people change their outfits bit by bit?  It's much easier to just switch the gear on the menu.  And it removes a lot of embarrassment.  She returned in her heavy armor and mentioned that she was ready to go.  At her last comment Itzal chuckled.  "As you wish."  He opened the door and held it open for her until she passed through.  After they were outside he turned to her.  "You recall where the entrance was?  I've memorized this whole floor myself."

@Kasier

"Alright alright, let's stop talking about that guild. It's obviously a sour topic for you." Kasier grinned, following Itzal outside. "No, I don't remember, so I guess you'll have to lead the way to the cave and then I'll take over to lead. Like I said, I'll tank... Although I doubt I really have to do much as the tank considering how high leveled you are compared to the bats." Kasier stated. She knew that Itzal was not the highest damage dealing player ever - in fact, he didn't deal enough damage that the front lines have called him out for it. Still, she loved the fact that he does what he wants to do despite what others tell him to. A man with determination. That's my Itzal. She thought, grinning at how foolish everyone else is - thinking that their words have such a gigantic effect on other people but it was actually the other way around. A lot of front liners are often ignored by other players due to how much they think they are better than everyone else. "Let's get this quest completed quick. We can go grab a few ice creams to eat afterwards or something. I hope the darkness doesn't affect us too much." 

@Itzal

Thank goodness he thought, not at all directed to Kasier.  He hated thinking about the KoB any more than professional business.  She mentioned how she didn't recall where the entrance was at all and asked him to lead.  He was about to do so when she mentioned that she'd lead after they were in the cave.  He hesitated but then nodded with a smile.  "Alright but I'll need to be your eyes from behind.  With reveal, detect, and night vision I can direct you through the cave systems.  It's pitch black down there so without night vision you might end up running into a wall or large rock.  And I wouldn't want anything of the sort happening to you."  Then she mentioned how he could probably handle the bats on his own.  He blushed a little bit and rubbed the back of his head.  "I mean, I could probably have one or two shotted them when we tried doing it with Kindle but...  Yeah.  I enjoy fighting along side you.  I've maxed out the scout build recently save for stealth but I figured I could get a few ranks into some dps stuff.  It would make col grinding easier, and help me stay alive.  It seems mobs have updated, gotten a bit stronger as it were."

@Kasier

"If I look like I'm going to run into a wall, just grab onto me and pull me back or something. I really want to lead in the front this time - That's the role of a tank. Besides, I didn't work on this build just to sit in the back and let others do the fighting for me - I want to be in the front and take hits for my party members. This time, although the mobs might be weak, I want a chance to show to you that I can be a good tank." Kasier exclaimed as the two arrived at the entrance of the cave. The cave was just the same as she remembered it to be. The darkness of the cave was extremely intimidating to the players who looked to it as one cannot possibly see through the blackness and see any sort of content inside the cave. What awaits the two inside is unknown and that is what the scary part about the whole quest is. This cave is located on the second floor so the mobs' stats inside should not be high at all but they were used to the environment and the two players were far from being used to the dark even though Itzal was able to see in the dark using his skill.

"Besides, I want to fight along side you as well - not just as someone who stands by the side and heals if necessary but someone who can stand in the front and protect the one that I love," Kasier said, smiling as she took the first couple of steps inside the cave. "Let's go then... Please watch out for any ambushes that might come our way. I sure hope we fight some strong mobs - I really want to test my tank build out."

@Itzal

Itzal heard her mention how she was going to insist on tanking and he simply smiled as she continued.  Here and there he would nod in agreement and when she finished he stopped directly beside her and leaned in.  "I never said I didn't want you to.  I'll look from behind you and let you know where to turn or when to stop."  He smiled to her.  "Believe me I want to fight along side you as well.  So yeah I hope we run into some stronger mobs...  Speaking of that how high is your mitigation?"  He was not in any way questioning her skills.  He just liked to have a good understanding on people so he could work with them to the fullest.  Especially Kasier.  In order to make an attempt to keep the battle from ending swiftly, he'd use his lower sword arts to take down the bats.  That way they could really work together in harmony.  He nodded to her.  "Alright let's do this then."  She was hoping to fight some strong mobs and test her build out...  He just recalled something as they began to descend.  "Um...  One thing real quick:  Monsters seem to have become stronger.  They're now leveled with the player at all times instead of leveled with the floor.  They still don't have mitigation, but their damage is a lot stronger than before.  That's why I ask about your mitigation was all." 

@Kasier

It was extremely dark inside the cave, so dark that she couldn't see her two feet that carried the weight of her body. All she saw was pitch darkness and if she held her hand up and looked at it carefully, she is able to spot details of her hand. Although she couldn't see Itzal when she turns around, she is sure that the man is behind her. Trying to hearing his footsteps did not work either because the man was so silent as a scout that even the most amazing ears cannot catch the sound of his sneaky footsteps, so all she had to work with was the sound of his occasional talking. There was time before the two would reach the bottom of this cave so there should be time before any serious ambushes. And that was when she made the mistake of being loud. 

"My mitigation? Oh geez. I don't think my mitigation would be enough if they are scaled to your level. How high leveled are you? Uh. I think I have 89 damage mitigation. Although it's not that much, it should be enough to sustain a certain amount of hits. Plus, I have 54 regeneration that constantly keeps my health regenerating whenever an enemy makes contact with me." Kasier explained, trying to remember her stats when suddenly, she felt a gust of the wind under her foot as she was thrown down onto the ground. The thing had been too fast for her to react to despite the fact that she saw it's glowing red eyes from a distance. She had not paid attention. Luckily, it was just the engagement in combat so she did not take damage. It is now time for combat though... A chance for her to prove her skills.

@Itzal

Edited by Kasier
  • 2 weeks later...

"I'm level fifty nine now, so monsters would deal one hundred and seventy seven damage.  According to my calculations I should be able to take a single monster out with around four hits.  So if we did fight leveled monsters I'd suggest we take on one at a time since you'd receive eighty eight points of damage from each hit.  Although if you remove the damage by using the regeneration, then that would be thirty five points of damage you'd be receiving."  He realized that he should be col grinding with her from now on since he could take on four mobs at a time and the two of them would be fine.  At least, that all depended on how much health she had in addition to that mitigation and regeneration.  Regardless they needed to focus on the quest.  That was when he heard something stirring in the area around them.  He looked around and spotted the two massive bats that were hanging above the npc girl.  He drew his sword.  "The two bats are directly ahead.  Three feet in front of you is a small cliff an inch taller than yourself.  If we aren't silent they'll wake up.  If you draw their attention I can scale the cliff and attack them from behind.  That way we'll catch them by surprise as well as keep the npc safe." 

@Kasier

ID: 83951
MD: 3

"I'm sure we can defeat these mobs in no time at all." Kasier declared. The two players were on the lower floors and Itzal's high level should not make the mobs that much more difficult than it would be on the higher floors. Sure, she wanted to rescue the NPC girl, but she also wanted some loot in order to progress more in this game. "Also, I'm fairly sure you did some of that math wrong. Taking on one at a time is too slow. Let's take a risk and see if we can take both at the same time. We can follow through with your plan. Get behind them and I'll draw the aggro a different place."

As soon as the two players got into position, Kasier activated her skill, <<Howl>>, releasing a female tiger-like sound that echoed through the darkness of the cave. She couldn't see the bats in the distance but their presence was definite, as she could feel the aura radiating out from the mobs. Kasier took a deep breath - if the bats came charging at her, she would have to react quickly if she wanted to avoid any damage. Without blinking once, she stared at the dark space in front of her, wondering when the bats would charge at her. Finally, she saw two pairs of red eyes shining in the darkness as they came from up above. Without speaking, she ducked, and somehow that was able to avoid contact between her and the bats. That was lucky. She realized.

Turn 1

Spoiler

Before Combat
Kasier uses <<Howl>>: +3 Hate
During Combat
Bats misses <<Attack>>: No Change
After Combat
No Change

[3] Kasier: 700/700 | E: 70/70
[0] @Itzal1180/1180 | E: 118/118

Bat 1: 590/590 | DMG: 177
Bat 2: 590/590 | DMG: 177

Battle Log

Spoiler

Turn 1
Kasier uses <<Howl>>: +3 Hate
Bats misses <<Attack>>: No Change

Edited by Kasier

Itzal listened to Kasier's words and he agreed with her completely.  When she mentioned how he got his math mixed up he was shocked and went through them again.  After spotting his mistake he chuckled and shook his head.  "Well, you got me there.  It's not everyday I make a mistake that's caught.  What would I do without you Kasier?"  She told him she'd follow through with his plan and he nodded.  When she howled Itzal dashed passed her and the attacking mobs, jumped up and easily pushed himself the rest of the way with one arm, spotting the girl.  She started crying again when he drew his sword, silencing her.  "Hey don't worry ok?  We're going to take care of them, you stay there and-"  He spotted an area that seemed to be a rather small exit.  He tossed the girl a glowing crystal which she failed to catch but managed to get her hands on.  "Take that and find the small hole over there ok?  When you reach it, wait for us inside ok?'  The girl nodded with a whimper and began to search.  He watched as the huge bats missed Kasier, barely.  Itzal activated charge and leaped from the cliffside, releasing Shadow Explosion on the two, Velnia fighting with him and his blade igniting in lightning as he landed paralysis and bleed.  He slid after landing, arriving beside Kasier.  "They're both paralyzed at the moment.  I'm pretty sure there's enough time for you to attack them too before you need to howl again if you'd like to strike together." 

ID#  83954  BD:  10

@Kasier:  700/700  <>  70/70
Itzal:  1,180/1,180  <>  100/118

Batx2:  446/590  <12+2+2x9=144 dmg.  1/1 paralysis, 2/2 Bleed>

Edited by Itzal