{SP-F9} Testing Stealth on Bandits <<Bandit Camp>>

Itzal needed to gain experience points as soon as he possibly could.  And he figured the best way to do that was to burn through quests.  After all what better way to gain extra experience?  However this time he spotted something else.  Or rather, had something else.  Itzal looked at the items in his inventory for the fifth time.  The items had appeared out of nowhere and were obviously extremely useful.  The item's were called Yui's Grace.  Who this Yui was he had no clue or what it meant.  All he knew was that the items granted an experience gain buff.  This of course was extremely useful to him and so he decided the best way to use it would be on a quest.  Itzal pulled one of the items out and held it for a moment before activating the item.  He saw the buff numbers pop up on his hud before vanishing into the digital numbers that made up this world.  He sighed and stepped on the teleporter, activating it, and appeared on the ninth floor.  The volcanic world.  Itzal had yet to explore this floor so he might as well do some scouting during the quest.  He spotted four song crystals buried in the ground and inserted them in his inventory.

ID#  81460  LD:  19  +4 MAT  4 total.  Yui's Grace used:  +1 SP

Edited by Itzal

Itzal had heard about this quest by overhearing a few players talk about it.  They didn't share the details, just that an npc would appear and ask for players to help it on the ninth floor.  So now Itzal would talk to this npc and find out what the quest would be like.  Was it a boss quest?  Or something more difficult?  Or just different?  Regardless he would ask the npc for the details of the quest.  He needed to be careful on quests as he had learned that some quests could give the player an orange cursor if he or she chose the wrong action.  This sounded stupid to Itzal and he believed it unfair, but regardless he needed to be careful.  Velnia appeared beside him and landed on his shoulder.  She looked right at home and why shouldn't she?  It was a very warm floor with many mountains.  He looked around the town and stepped off of the teleporter.  He wondered where the npc might be.  Perhaps the inn?  Then he spotted four more song crystals that were mistaken for glow crystals and inserted them in his inventory.

ID#  81464  LD:  9+8  +4 MAT  8 total

Edited by Itzal

Itzal began to walk around the town looking for the inn.  Usually they weren't that hard to find.  Velnia flicked her tail excitedly and hoping that there was something good to eat.  How could Itzal tell?  She was staring at every window and sniffing the air from time to time.  "The entire floor is made up of ash, rocks, mountains and volcano's.  I highly doubt there's going to be any decent foods here."  Velnia gave a pfft sound as if to say 'what do you know?'  Itzal shrugged.  "I was just making an observation.  For all you know they may not have food altoge-"  Velnia poked him and pointed at a building.  Itzal looked up and saw the sign.  The spice hut it said.  On the sign was a picture of a sandwich.....  "They sell...  Spicy sandwich's here?  I guess there are animals and crops that can be grown.  Most likely they are very specific areas that can be fertile enough, but still.  It's a bit of a surprise to be honest."  Itzal used reveal and confirmed that the npcs inside were serving and eating sandwiches.  He spotted one that was a foot long.

ID#  81466  LD:  4+8  8 total

Edited by Itzal

Velnia tried to fly into the town but Itzal grabbed her with one hand.  As she flailed in the air Itzal decided to explain.  "We'll grab a bite to eat before heading home, but right now we need to focus on the actual quest.  Come on we haven't even found the npc who gives the quest yet Velnia.  What on earth could you be waiting for?  Come on."  Velnia stopped squirming and submitted to Itzal's request, landing on his shoulder as he approached a random npc"Um, excuse me?"  The man turned around and looked at Itzal.  The npc had coal black eyes and dark purple hair.  He smiled to Itzal.  "High there!  What is it you require?"  "Oh uh, I just wanted to know where the inn was.  I never actually looked for it before and I have yet to memorize this floor, or even the town."  The npc smiled and pointed in the general direction.  "Actually you're only five buildings from it now."  Itzal smiled and waved as he walked away, grabbing another four materials off the ground.  "Alright thanks man!" 

ID#  81467  LD:  14+8  +4 MAT  12 total

Edited by Itzal

Velnia turned around to look at the npc one more time before they vanished into the inn.  The man was joined with a woman who looked similar in appearance and they both watched Itzal walk away.  Velnia cocked her head to the side and stuck out her tongue as she grinned.  Itzal spotted the inn soon enough and walked over to the entrance, opening the door.  "Welcome!  How may I assist you?"  Itzal looked at the innkeeper and smiled to her.  "Just looking for someone.  He's supposed to have a quest."  "Ah then you'd be looking for Gaven.  He's in the corner of the room, over there actually."  Itzal bowed to her.  "Thank you mam."  He walked over to the corner table and the npc looked up.  "Ah!  You there!  You might be able to help me!  You're an adventurer right?  That black outfit looks like armor so I guess your one eh?"  Itzal nodded as he spotted loose herbs on the shelf and inserted them absent mindedly.  "Yeah I came to hear out your quest actually." 

ID#  81468  LD:  12+8  +4 MAT  16 total

Edited by Itzal

The npc smiled and looked extremely grateful.  "Ah!  Thank you sir!  Well we all have been having an issue you see.  We can't really go out and fight monsters or seek out treasures at all anymore without a greater risk.  A group of men formed together and set up a camp out there.  They're a group of bandits, four of them.  They've been hogging the training and looting spots, and killing anyone who's come near it.  I've been looking for someone strong enough to take them on and kill them all.  No mercy.  You don't know how many they've killed."  Itzal nodded as he got the general situation.  NPCs were finding the best grinding spots and hogging it to themselves and attacking any players or npcs who come near.  Itzal thought for a moment.  "Alright then.  If that's the case then I'm certain I can help out with that.  I've been looking for an opportunity to test out my stealth skills, so that would work out.  I can handle the bandits don't you worry.  I'll be back once I've cleared them out so you guys can go out there again."  He spotted another set of abandoned herbs and collected them as the man thanked him.  He smiled.  "No need to thank me." 

ID#  81765  LD:  12+8  +4 MAT  20 total

Edited by Itzal

Itzal bowed to the man before walking out of the inn.  He stretched his back before looking for the gate.  "Bandits huh?  Let's head out there and get an idea of what we'll be facing.  If I stay stealthed there's almost no chance the bandits will spot me.  And if they did, well.  I am a far more higher level than this quest so I doubt I'll have an actual problem."  He turned to look at Velnia and let his shoulders drop as he saw her eating someone's food, a shadow fallen over his face and a drop of sweat falling down the side of his face, like in an anime.  "So you've resorted to petty theft in order to satisfy your unsatisfyable hunger eh?"  Velnia stopped her munching and gave him an innocent look of cuteness and Itzal shook his head.  "Come on Velnia, you need to control yourself on how much food you get.  This is terrible right here."  Itzal spotted four red song crystals buried beneath ash and rocks and dug them out easily, inserting them into his inventory.

ID#  81766  LD:  11+8  +4 MAT  24 total

Edited by Itzal

Soon enough his eyes fell onto the gate and he smiled.  "Alright then there it is!  Well let's start scouting then.  I wonder which direction the bandits are."  He stopped at the gate and looked to one of the guards.  "Um, excuse me?  Might I ask you where the most recent grinding spot is?"  The guard turned to him, his face hidden behind thick huge armor designed to protect the npc from monsters.  "I wouldn't if I were you.  Bandits have been attacking anything in that area, be it monsters or players."  Itzal grinned and drew his sword, holding it for the guard to see.  "That's what this is for my friend.  I'm going out there to stop it once and for all."  At least until someone else takes the quest again that is, he thought to himself.  The guard nodded.  "Very well then.  The most recent one is over by one of the few springs in this land, over there."  He pointed to a small valley like area between two mountains.  Itzal nodded his thanks.  "Thank you sir!"  Itzal spotted a few ruby song crystals that he pulled out of the ground on his way out.

ID#  82133  LD:  18  +4 MAT  28 Total

Edited by Itzal

Itzal leaped into the shadows behind the large rocks and threw his hood up.  Now in stealth mode he just had to sneak his way over to the area specified by the guards and take the bandits out one by one.  Itzal moved like a shadow across the terrain.  Little did he know that his 'unseen' movements were being seen very clearly by another entity.  However he wouldn't know that until later.  For now Itzal moved quietly through the ground while Velnia followed suit.  She wasn't as good as Itzal but she was far better than she was the last time.  Itzal had been teaching her on how to be quiet.  Normal people trained their pets by giving them treats, but Velnia got treats whether Itzal gave them or not.  So he essentially talked to the intelligent part of Velnia and together they would train.  Whether making combos for attacks or things like being stealthy.  He tried to spot any material in the area but all there was were solid ash and seared stones.

ID#  82377  LD:  4  28 total

Stealthed:  10+6+2=18+ to find

Edited by Itzal

Itzal climbed the side of the mountain until he hit a ledge.  At that point all he had to do was follow along the ledge so he had the higher ground.  There were stones along the ledge that rested against the mountain so that Itzal could hide behind them and peek through holes to get a good look behind them.  He continued to cross it and all the while looked for materials he could use.  Itzal's eyes scanned the area and spotted something that made his day.  Three song crystals and a Mithril shard.  Itzal smiled and inserted all of the items into his inventory.  When he had enough mithril he hoped to craft armor for Jonathan and himself.  So far it was taking a while to find Mithril, which made sense, but he would soon enough have a large collection of shards and they could make the armor.  Who knows?  Perhaps they'll find enough to craft Mithril weapons too.  Regardless of that however he needed to return his focus to the mission at hand.

ID#  82378  LD:  20  +3 MAT +1 Mithril  31  MAT  1 Mithril

Edited by Itzal

Itzal heard a noise and returned his attention to the rocks, or rather past the rocks.  He saw the camp at last.  It was in the middle of a pass and there was a rather decent campfire in the center.  There were two tents, a chest, and four seats, with the bandits by the fire laughing as they told stories.  Itzal could see a well nearby which meant that they'd need it to get some water.  If he used the water than he could have access to the extra sneak enhancement his cloak would give him.  Thus it made sense to make the well his first target.  He watched as one of the bandits mentioned getting thirsty which meant he'd be heading for the well.  Itzal made his way down the ledge and hoped the bandit wouldn't spot him as he did so.  If he did he might alert the others.  Itzal managed to move down silently without alerting any of them.  He caught up with the bandit who had just left the camp and shadowed him to the well.

ID#  82379  LD:  16  <18+>  Hidden

Edited by Itzal

Itzal waited until the opportune moment.  If it was too close to the camp then the bandit would make noise and alert the others.  He shadowed him until the bandit reached the well.  As he was reaching for the bucket Itzal launched out of stealth and used charge, releasing Meteor break on the bandit who didn't even have time to turn around to see the attack.  The bandit never saw him.  The npc shattered into a thousand different crystals and Itzal stood there for a moment.  He was a good ways away from the bandits and was silent in the attack so he was undetected by the others.  Because of that he decided to re enter stealth to avoid detection.  He approached the well and tapped the bucket, selecting it and inserting it into his inventory.  Once he threw the water the bandits were sure to head in that direction.  He'd need to use it, then refill it again and wait a bit before throwing it again.

ID#  82380  BD:  6  LD:  4

Itzal:  1,120/1,120  <>  101/112

Bandit:  0/100  <12+1x11=143 dmg>

Edited by Itzal

Itzal moved silently over to the cliff side and moved along it towards the campsite.  As he approached he noted that there were huge rocks that blocked the camp a little bit, with three passages through it.  The one towards the well was one with decent width.  The largest one was closest to the cliff side, and the narrow one by the pass.  The narrow one was most likely where the bandits would ambush monsters or players.  Itzal stood in the shadows in front of the larger opening.  He opened his inventory and pulled out the water, and then tossed it out in a wide arc, spreading the water all over the ground in front of the opening.  This made noise but standing in it would activate his cloak.  This area was good for this as well because it was cool enough to keep the water from evaporating.  After he threw the water he inserted it into his inventory while hearing the bandits react in shock.  He dashed away right as they ran to spot what caused it, failing to see him and only the water.

ID#  82414  LD:  9  Hidden

Edited by Itzal

While the bandits were busy staring at water and talking among themselves as to where on earth it came from.  It wouldn't be long of course before they figured out that someone had drawn from the well.  Although they could have thought that it was their bandit buddy pulling a prank on them.  Whatever they decided on Itzal wasn't going to wait around to find out.  He made his way over to the well, still stealthed, and put the bucket back into the water as quietly as possible, drawing it back out again before inserting it into his inventory.  It wasn't the weight, he could easily carry it.  He just didn't want to make noise on the way.  He snuck over to the narrow entrance and threw water from outside the entrance towards the campfire, but didn't put it out just yet.  He had an idea for that.  This obviously drew their attention again and Itzal withdrew, storing the bucket in the inventory.

ID#  82415  LD:  1  Yup, still hidden

Edited by Itzal

Itzal remained in the shadows as he backed up.  He saw the two bandits run over to the water puddle.  They discussed it for a moment before directing each other.  One ran over to the fire and kept an eye out while one stayed with the newest puddle.  The third ran over to the well, obviously thinking that whoever threw water would probably return to fetch some more.  This of course was wrong.  There was enough water for him to work with.  So instead he'd just take out the bandit by the well.  He snuck over and began to speed up.  The npc still wasn't seeing him approach until Itzal activated Charge...  Actually not even then.  He doubted the npc ever detected him, even after he shattered it.  Two out of four.  Two to go.  Itzal knew what he needed to do next of course.

ID#  82566  BD:  4+3  LD:  7

Bandit:  0/100  <12x11=117 dmg>

Edited by Itzal

Itzal made his way silently over to one of the large rocks.  He checked from behind to see if anyone had noticed him but as always they didn't seem to have any clue.  They called out for the bandit who was guarding the well but as should be expected, he didn't reply.  This of course was going to make them very cautious now.  Itzal could take them out right now if he wanted but he wanted to test his ability to work around a situation.  Essentially the two remaining bandits wanted to stay in the light, which was smart.  And while the water would give him a bonus stealth boost by activating his cloak, he wanted the maximum effort by removing the light source:  The fire.  Well since he wasn't doing the whole splashing water around anymore, he really had only one other alternative.  One that he would be climbing up towards right now.  When he reached the top of the rock, that had an overhang near the fire, he simply pushed the small boulder on top onto the fire, putting it out.

ID#  82574  LD:  14

Edited by Itzal

When you're surrounded by darkness, and your friend hasn't come back, plus water had appeared out of nowhere and when you send a friend to check out the well to see what's up, and don't hear back from him, you tend to stay near the warm fire that provides the only light anywhere near in the area, you tend to get a little bit...  Terrified.  However when you add in the fact that the warm fire suddenly goes out because a rather large boulder suddenly fell on it and put it out well then you get crazy.  "Gah!  What the heck?!  What's going on?!"  At this point the two npc's were discussing amongst themselves whether or not they should flee or try to get the boulder off.  Proving that these npc's were not the brightest in any case.  Itzal leaped down from the ledge and after landing ran past the fist bandit, releasing meteor break on him while sticking to the shadows.  He could feel the coat activate after he jumped and had landed in the puddle.  The last bandit freaked out and began to run away.

ID#  82575  BD:  8  LD:  12  Sweet.  Stealth has been tested.  : D

Edited by Itzal

The bandit's running was very sluggish and poor.  Probably cause he was carrying so many mob drops and player loot.  Not only that but, well, most likely the idiot wasn't fit either.  They tried to take everything the easy way and thus it only made it harder for them when they actually hit a challenge.  Like Itzal.  Of course to be fair, there was no way they could beat him, or outrun him, no matter what.  Itzal began to charge at the idiot, shifting out of stealth.  The guy turned around and saw Itzal in his coat with the hood up, the upper features of his face hidden.  Itzal activated charge at the very last second, pushing himself the rest of the way and activated meteor break, finishing off the last bandit.  The npc shattered and the quest complete menu popped up.  Itzal sighed and sheathed his sword before pulling down his hood.  "Well then, that was a rather easy quest.  Now we can go home I guess.  Right Vel?" 

ID#  82576  BD:  8

Bandit:  0/100  <12x11=117 dmg>

Edited by Itzal

Velnia nodded before the two started to move for the town gates, no longer stealthed.  As they walked Itzal had a feeling.  The feeling everyone has felt at some point in their lives.  Though Itzal had to wonder if babies had the feeling.  It was a question he'd need to process at a later time.  At any rate the feeling of being watch.  He walked normally and tried to keep himself from looking worried.  Of course while he walked he needed to search for whoever was out there.  He'd make it look like he was just looking for materials.  As he did search he actually did manage to find a cluster of materials.  Huh, who knew he'd actually find something.  Looks like he was finding materials by accident now.  Figures.  Then he spotted them.  Two figures in the shadows, trying to keep themselves hidden from the other.  He stopped at that point.

ID#  82578  LD:  14+8  +4 MAT   14+13=npc's found!

Edited by Itzal

"Alright, I see you, you can come on out now...  Come on, don't be shy."  Itzal waited but didn't see them do anything at first.  Then he watched as they began to try moving from their current spot to another.  What on, earth?  He had already detected them.  They should know that they were spotted.  No way out of it.  There weren't any cursor's over their heads so it was clear that they weren't player but npcs.  He seemed to be running into the most advanced ones lately though.  He'd better be cautious.  Velnia just sat there flicking her tail back and forth.  "You realize I'm watching you trying to find a different place to hide right?  Just give it up already for crying out loud."  He sighed when the finally stopped.  Then suddenly they vanished.  He narrowed his eyes but with the help of reveal and detect he saw them speeding down a rather concealed path down to his location.  They appeared to be cloaked as well.  Oh boy what now he thought.