[PP-F1] Earning a Living

Walking up to the City of Beginnings Kyoto sees a strange NPC with a quest. Walking up to the NPC Kyoto looks at the quest. ‘Earning a Living’ “Huh I do need Col why not Even though my guild already has most of the professions there’s always room for me.”

Kyoto accepts the quest and also sends an invitation to Atzo to see if he will be willing to help with this quest. Waiting for Atzo response Kyoto lean against a post trying to think of a profession he can do. “Merchant? Nah I don’t think I would be good at it besides if someone want that they would just go to Vargas or Shield.” He sits there and thinks. “I know I’ll try tailoring. We always need people making armor.” He smiles and waits patiently for a response thinking this going to be a fun quest knowing that he’s going to be able to help players with there gear.

Atzo sat in his study, he was laboring over a poem that he had started the night before. It seemed to be going well, though keeping the meter seemed to be something that proved difficult for this poem. He got a notification in his HUD. Assuming it was a message he opened it, it was just an invite to join Kyoto on a quest. “I swear to God, if these kids don’t realize that you can’t just send me a ‘I need help with something’ or ‘Hey come over here’ or just an invite that it makes finding them very difficult.” Atzo accepted the invite and sent Kyoto a message. “I can’t assist you if I don’t know where to find you. You think you could give me a location to meet you at?”  this was going to be a long day, Atzo already knew it. Hopefully it wasn’t bad.

@XxSulSus

Kyoto looks at his HUD realizing that he got a message. Its from Atzo. ‘I can’t assist you if I don’t know where to find you. You think you could give me a location to meet you at?’“Crap I forgot to tell him where to meet me at.” Kyoto quickly sends a message back to Atzo. “Sorry forgot to tell you where to meet me at. Meet me at the gates on Floor 1 right before you enter the Town of Beginnings.” As Kyoto knows he’s going to get his ear chewed out with this one. “Don’t worry Atzo I’m not endanger I’m just needing help gathering materials for my profession I need.” He says to himself. Leaning on the ledge of the gate waiting for Atzo’s response thinking he’s going to be in trouble from his guild leader he quickly starts to think of something else something from the real world.

Atzo cupped one hand over another and gave a native american whistle to call Kikas. The stoic three headed, german shepard sized wolf seemed to appear next to him. “Alright, time to go and teach this kid how to fight, ready Kikas?” Atzo said in the direction of his most loyal servant. Stepping onto the platform Atzo spoke the Town of Beginnings and arrived on the starting town. He quickly walked to the end of the town and waited for Kyoto to arrive. “I wonder if he had a specific time or if he was just going to get here when he got here, regardless I didn't expect to beat him here” He thought before Kikas’s leftmost head gave a slight growl indicating to Atzo that there was someone nearby. “Huh, never mind, I guess he did beat me here” He thought walking over to Kyoto. “Hey, bud, You ready to find some materials?”

@XxSulSus

Looks up seeing Atzo then looks over to his side jumping like Atzo just suck the life out of him. “What the [censored] is that?” in fear kind of like he just offended Atzo. “Oh hey is this Kikas?” Huh I was expecting something else.. Besides that remind me not to mess with you or Kikas.” He smiles and kind of steps one step back making sure he wont become a new chew toy for 3 wolf head. “To your question yes I’m ready to fine some materials.” Thinking to himself Kyoto trying to figure out why Atzo brought his pet I mean its not like were going to be fighting anything today… well at least he hopes not he’s just wanting to get materials so he can start helping his guild produce armor and even help other players if needed. Besides its not like he’s good at anything but he rather help out the community then sit in the back waiting to get to the front lines.

Atzo gave a sly, wolfish smile to Kyoto after the statement of not to mess with Atzo. “I am glad you have realized that, though I fear that if we do fight something you may know that even more, hopefully I don’t need to explain that. I would rather not try for that matter.” He looked Kyoto up and down, the kid really did need to get some better gear. “We will probably fight a few monster though, we need to get you some better equipment here pretty soon and that is the best way.” Atzo turned to the edge of town and set off. “So, what do you plan to be? I cannot say that you told me” It was a good thing to know so that Atzo would be able to tell what he was looking for. Surely it wouldn’t be that hard but he didn’t know for sure. He gave a quick motion to Kikas to scout ahead a little bit just so they didn’t stumble on anything that they were not prepared for.

@XxSulSus

Kyoto catches up to Atzo and give his response about what profession he wanting to be. “I was thinking about doing tailoring.” Kind of chuckles after saying that since he just said that Kyoto needed better gear. “Kind of funny huh since I need better gear and all.” Smiles and laughs at the same time. “So what is your plan for materials? Like I have no clue what I’m looking for. Hints the reason why I ask for you help.” Kyoto looked like he knew what Atzo is thinking but at the same time he double guessing himself. Kyoto does that a lot but sometime he just leaves that behind him and just wait to see what that person actually was thinking. Besides its never good to assume thing definitely Atzo. “Any idea what I should be looking for by the way Atzo? Because I have no idea what I should be looking for.” As he now feels like he’s redundant from repeating things over and over.

• 1 month later...

There was an amount of confidence behind Atzo’s words, he was craving combat thought he didn't want to tell Kyoto that. “Seems that is quite a common profession, though there is nothing wrong with that. We can never run out of active merchants and if we have more than one we can easily undermine the market” The Man with Many Faces looked around as a dark blue strand of colour seemed to swim eagerly across his cloak. A whisper in his ear told him that a material was nearby. He kneeled down over a cotton plant, “You are probably looking for something like this” He used misguidance to pick the cotton. Throwing it to Kyoto as he did so. “It can be a challenge if you haven’t done it before so don't get discouraged by an inability to find materials, just keep trying and you will find them.” He continued walking forward looking around as he did so. “So, what are your goals in this game? Who do you want to become?”

@XxSulSus

ID# 85769

LD: 18+2(Amulet)+1(S&D)= 21 (+1 T1 mat given to Kyoto)

Edited by Atzo

Kyoto smiles in a shy way knowing his profession he want to do is pretty common but if he thinks about it other professions don’t make much money. Kyoto looks at the material Atzo gave him. "Okay well lets start looking." As Kyoto looks unconfident. Pausing for a few second Kyoto also thinks about his next question. 'So, what are my goals in this game? Who do I want to become?' Two questions that are so simular but at the same time different. "I don’t know what I really want to do. I joined this game because I'm looking for someone... This someone did something that I want to pay back. Nothing I do is right anyways but playing this game makes me feel like I'm a new person. See I'm a shy kid in the real world. Here I can be anyone I want to a good guy, or a bad guy. I guess I just want to have the game lead me to my decision with the people I meet and so on so forth. I guess in the long run I want to be kind of like you." Kyoto looks around for a marital substance and eventually fines one. Walking over to the cotton plant he grabs a hold of the plant and try to pull on it. Slipping out of his hand and smacking his hands into his face he laughs as he stares at Atzo.

ID# 85770 results:

Loot: 11 (Fail)

Atzo stopped dead in his tracks as he heard Kyoto say something that bounced through Atzo’s head on a regular basis “Nothing I do is right anyways” Atzo turned the shy and meek kid that walked beside him. “Never say that” He said sternly “If you never did anything right, would you have gotten as far as you have? Do you think you would have the friends you do? No one is 100% wrong, no one can only do what is wrong. Trust me, I am a man who has done wrong all his life. I have ordered the murders of countless people while I worked for the Yakuzas. I ruined the lives of people who cared about me, I pushed anyone who dared to get close to me. I trapped my only friend in a death game against his will. Can you honestly look me in the eyes and say you have never done anything right? Even I have done right since I entered this game and I am one of the worst people you could ever meet” Atzo started walking again, turning his attention back to the path before them.

@XxSulSus

Kyoto seanks in what Atzo said knowing thers plenty of things that Kyoto regrets being in the real world... That’s why he decided to join this to see if he can fine his real self. Eventually he want to return to the real world knowing hes a new man and that he can continue on with his life but as well he want's to meet all the people he met on here. Kyoto looks back at the plant and tugs on it once more. Grabbing a hold of the plant Kyoto tugs as hard as he can slipping between his hands the plant force smacks his balls as he jumps up and lands about 3 feet away from the plant holding his ball realizing that it doesn't hurt because hes in a video game. "Oh right I cant get hurt down there and I'm sure Atzo things I'm nuts if he was even paying attention to me." Kind of laughing at himself because of it.

ID# 85771 results:

Loot:1 (Crit Fail)

It took Atzo a little bit before the next bit of what Kyoto said hit him. “ I guess in the long run I want to be kind of like you.” This threw Atzo through a loop. “What do you mean you want to be like me?” His voice had gone from the sly grace of his nature to something of worry. You don't want to be like me He thought to himself No one wants to be like me. If you try you will find yourself a hollow husk of a man who knows not what he needs or who he is Atzo kept walking waiting for Kyoto to speak, he was not paying enough attention to the quest to even think of looking for materials. This was more important, no one should go down the path he did, no one should observe the pain that he forced upon others, perhaps Kyoto mean the Atzo the was commonly projected, not the monster that he hid away.

@XxSulSus

"What do I mean? I mean you’re a strong player... You show strength something I never had. I'm a nerd back home. Didn't have many friends but I been picked on a lot. One day I snapped and five guys came up and started to bully me. I stabbed four of them left the last one tied up and had him watch his friends die from all the blood lost. I want to have people show respect to me and the only way I can get that is if I show superiority and I will achieve that in here. If not I'll fix it even if does involved ending someone in this world. I mean its not like we actually die in real life if we die in this world no one proved that. Everything that he told us on the first day could have been all a big lie we don’t know because we cant leave. To be honest I wouldn't mine not going back to the real world the only reason why I would is because I have a little sister that cares about me and I know she rather have me home than in this world killing other incent people." Kyoto looks down starts to have a stream of tears down his eyes looking back up at Atzo with his eyes with this purple tent from the mixture of the water and his natural eye colour. "You know the first day I saw you wanting to join the guild I knew you would be that one to help me achieve that goal. No one else in this guild can do so I don’t see strength and power in them to do that."

Atzo gives a slight sly smile, sits down against a tree and looks at Kyoto. “You are cute, kid. Thinking nerds can't be strong. Do you want to know my job in the Yakuzas? I was the information guy, I rose above my brother, Ren, quick enough that he didn't even know I was a part of it. My job grew from being the one eavesdropping on conversations, to gaining people’s trust so I could allow an assassin team to take the target out without any issues. Soon I left the Yakuzas becoming a freelance information broker. I still worked with the Yakuzas but I opened myself to work with other groups as well. Soon I found myself in a position to ask for an assassination to be done without payment, I found myself advising the leader of the largest gangs in town, and some that were out of the state by letter, I was on top of the world.” He ran his hand through his hair, “Do you know how old I was when I was on top of the world?” Atzo paused for a second “I was fourteen.” He looked at Kyoto, the streaks of tears shown on Kyoto’s face. “At Fifteen I decided that just orchestrating everything wasn’t enough, someone taught me how to use a sniper rifle, taught me how to use a knife. I am not good at martial arts but before I watched Ren kill our father I was getting some training from the man, though that was mostly him just abusing me. I was never allowed emotion growing up, I was indirectly crafted into a sociopathic killer by my parents.” He reached his hand out to Kyoto. “You say you want to be strong, I will teach you how to have control over your past and emotions. Only then can you be strong, you will never be able to strong if you don't learn to let go of the things you cannot change.”

@XxSulSus

(This is what Atzo looks like currently, please note the clothing is different)

3a7901189821bec4123d42fd5a710839.thumb.jpg.860d1183a8b6d36241555cba80310ecd.jpg

Kyoto stand there listening to Atzo ramble about his life. Thinking to himself that Atzo is right, he need to forget all the things that happened in the past and not have his emotion get to him. "Alright, you got me. Let finish this quest and then we can work on my strength. For now on I'll start being as strong as you and eventually by-pass you and be stronger than you." Kyoto smiles as he grabs a hold of the plant once more. Yanks it out of the ground and with a big smile on his face he looks at Atzo. "Man finally got this sucker and your probably over there having a hay-day because of me now are you." Kyoto starts to laugh, knowing that even though Atzo is like a brother to Stryderm, Atzo is like a mentor for him. It like Atzo was suppose to show Kyoto how to... well basically live. Kyoto then gets up once more and walks over to Atzo offering his hand to help him up Kyoto sees out in the distance another plant.

ID# 86027 results: Loot: 18 (Success)