[SP-F1]The Second Lesson Is Also Free - Completed

This was begining to feel like an absolute waste of his time, all the time that he had spent looking around the area, he hadn't been able to even find a tiny sign of anything that he could farm for materials.  He had finally just decided that he had either picked up everything that was around and nothing had respawned or other players had picked the area clean of materials and there wasn't any need for him to remain in the area.   Either way, Zero had decided that he needed to give up on his search for right now and head back into town and complete the quest and get his reward.  There would be plenty of time for him to find materials on other quests and he didn't have to find everything that he needed to barter with right now.  Taking a deep breath and exhaling, he knew that he could take pride in what he had managed to do today and there was nothing wrong with that.  With a smile on his face, Zero heads back towards the town.

As he follows his path back, Zero notices something just off the path that just makes him laugh heartily.  It seemed like the moment he decided that he didn't need to keep looking for materials, the game decided to allow him to find one.  Back in the day when he played a game called Monster Hunter, it was joked that the game had a "Desire Sensor" and when you were looking for something you would almost never be able to find it but when you didn't need it, you would find a ton of them.  This situation somewhat reminded him of that which is what caused him to laugh.  Gathering the material, Zero was now truly happy with the days work and decided to waste no more time and get back to town.

Roll ID - 82262

Loot Dice - 16 (Success, 1 Tier 1 Material Found, 5 Total)

Edited by zero_lost04
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once he decided to stop wasting time, Zero was able to get back into town very quickly.  Even with having been gone for so long, sometimes it felt like he had been gone for days on end for this quest, nothing seemed to have changed in the town as the hustle and bustle of the central market place never seemed to die down.  It was a comforting scene, especially after having been out in the wilds for so long, fighting boar pups and their Mama.  He was just grateful to have made it back to town safely and was looking forward to getting his rewards.  Having been to the blacksmith's shop a few times, it didn't take him too long to get back to the shop.

"Welcome back.  I hope everything went well for you and you didn't run into too much trouble out there."  Lyle spoke his greeting to Zero and acknowledged his return.  He stopped for a moment and wondered to himself how many other players while out on this quest had been attack by a mother boar "protecting her pups" and if it was something that happened frequently or if he was one of but a few to have experienced something like.  Shrugging his shoulders, Zero moves over to Lyle and begins the process of completing the quest.

"Wonderful!  You managed to find all the materials that I needed in order to complete my special order.  Thank you so much for gathering those items for me, they will be a big help in my crafting.  As a thank you, I've got a nice weapon that you can have or a nice piece of armor that you are welcome too.  I know they aren't much, but they are of a decent quality and will definitely serve you better than anything that you started with.  Also, if you are interested, I have another favor to ask of you."  Zero listened to Lyle's completion dialogue and wasn't surprised when the quest reward choice came up and gave him the option of selecting either a new weapon or a new piece of armor.  Considering how useful weapons were in this game and that he really wanted to upgrade his blade more than anything, he decided to settle on taking the new peice of armor instead and try to barter for a new, better weapon.  Once the reward menu closed, a new quest popped up, asking him if he wanted to accept it.  This one was appearantly called "The Third Lesson Is Just As Free", indicating that it was the next part in the Beginner Quest line.

Edited by zero_lost04