[PP-F4] Pounds, Crisps, and Bloody <<The Night's King>>

Sey was a man of little color, yet he had a lot of culture in his blood. A mixed of the stereotypical Japanese with the not so typical British. And the mix ended up having a child come out with white hair and an occasional "Bloody Hell" emitting from his lips. But he loved the cold, something neither of the two had been very well known for. Today, he was outside without even so much as a coat out, just his regular equipment. Kyu was right by his side as well, her soft fur keeping her from freezing, so neither of them were too cold. Sey in particular was interested in one of the quests that the game offered. "The Night's King." However, it looked to be an extreme task as well. His body was not able to take as much damage as the monster was able to dish out, which left him forced to slash that out from the list of things to do. If he tried to go for a tank build, he would not be able to inflict enough damage onto the enemy either. The game was so great for his balance build, everything was turning out fine.

@Aster

The girl that looked younger than her age felt a chill run down her spine as a gust of icy wind brushed against her cheeks. The ginger alchemist had come to the fourth floor as prepared as she could--with no Survival skill to regulate her perception of the temperature, she had to resort to a coat and scarf. The white jacket she wore wasn't as heavy as she would have preferred, doing little to protect her from the gusts of chill wind that blew through the floor, but it was more than the tan-coloured blouse she wore underneath. Her dark grey scarf, featuring a couple of cute pom-poms hanging off of either end, rested neatly around her neck.

"Reginald, behave!" Aster scolded the playful orange fox that had taken to entertaining himself in the many piles of snow around them. The pair had traveled just outside Snowfrost's safe zone in search of some new materials. Despite the need to try crafting tier 2 potions, Aster didn't dare travel to the higher floors just yet. Not only did the risk of danger increase exponentially the higher she went, but she hadn't even perfected her lower-level crafts yet. A shaky foundation for her skill would only produce sub-par results, or at least that was her reasoning.

Aster occasionally glanced over to the rambunctious fox that was playing around in the snow as if he had never been allowed to leave his master's shop on the first floor. The ginger healer couldn't help a small smile from pulling at her lips as he jumped around and dug in the snow, seemingly impervious to the cold.

Kyu pawed at the snow a little bit, following up with a sneeze a small moment later. Seems she was sensitive to it, either that or getting sick. The latter theory was proven incorrect as she would shove her face in the snow a few moments later. “Come on, Kyu. We need to get out of here.” He nudged against her, only for her to bark in refusal. Sey placed his hands onto her forearms before gently pulling back, eventually getting the mutts head out from the snow. She panted happily with heer tongue out before shaking violently, getting some snow off of her and onto him. “Heyyyy, too cold!” The snow-haired player lightly exclaimed through the cold and a few laughs. With that, he felt a little bit better. So he would turn from the quest board provided and proceeded to advance away.

“Sorry Kyu, I just would rather not rather risk dying in that quest.” He told the snow wolf, who would tilt her head to the side before whining a small amount. With that said, he would then proceed to advance towards the direction of a ginger and her familiar, only to accidentally bump her shoulder with his arm. Turning around, he would face her. “Sorry about that, love.” He apologized before turning back around and proceeding towards the safe zone.

Reginald's ears perked up after his head emerged from a pile of fresh snow. The fox looked over to his master just as a stranger had bumped into the girl. "Ah!" Aster held a hand over her heart as she quickly calmed from the surprise. She blinked in surprise when the man turned to briefly address her, and the girl perked up a bit just as he turned away again. "Well there's something you don't hear every day." She spoke up just loudly enough for the white-haired player to hear. The similar accent in her own voice was slight, but definitely recognizable.

Meanwhile, the fox familiar hastily hopped through the snow, chasing after Sey and Kyu. Following a couple of paces behind the man, Reginald sniffed and nudged lightly against his boots before circling around and staring at the wolf. For the first time, Aster watched the fox behave with a hint of caution. She was only surprised for a moment before her brow furrowed in annoyance at the animal's behavior. "Reginald!" The girl hissed. The fox didn't even seem to register the girl's call, fixated on the wolf familiar as if waiting for her to do something.

"What? Mannerism? I guess so." He replied, hearing her voice. Perhaps it was not meant for him to hear, but it was too late. And the social butterfly is now caught in the net once again. Turning around, he would flinch from the sudden nudge against his boots. Looking down, he found the familiar suddenly looking at Kyu. "Reginald? That's a name I only hear in European servers." Sey muttered, though a bit too audibly. Unfortunately for him, when he wakes up from the game, he'll realize that he was no longer a part of Europe.. Just... Britain. Kyu would flick her tail to the side, showing a prissy side to her before turning away from the fox staring at her, clearing not in the mood to have such a gaze on her. "Hm, I don't believe Kyu likes being looked at too much. Any reason why your fox might have such an interest? If so, we have to do so quickly, we have..." He paused for a moment before tilting his head to the side, placing his finger on his chin while he closed his eyes halfway. "Had a quest to tend to."

'European...servers?' Aster nearly tilted her head in piqued curiosity, but kept the thought to herself. She'd have to find a way to look up what he meant later, if possible. "Oh," The ginger perked up just slightly when she registered mention of the fox's name. "Like Reginald of Châtillon." She only barely elaborated without invitation. Out of habit, the ginger nudged her glasses with the tip of her first two fingers, despite them not having fallen from the last time she had done so.

Aster shifted her gaze to the wolf familiar Reginald was so keenly interested in, giving the fox an irritated scowl quickly afterwards. "The nosy creature probably wants to play. Normally he wouldn't bother asking permission, but perhaps he's worried that wolf of yours might put him in his place for once." A light chuckle escaped the girl as Reginald began to look a bit more restless. The bright orange fox's tail twitched and his chest dipped to meet the snow--practically inviting Kyu in a way a domesticated dog would incite another to play with them. "Oh, sorry! He's probably bothering the poor thing." Aster spoke with a sudden urgency, walking over to scoop the fox up in her arms. She took a couple of steps back to give them some space as Reginald now stared at Sey with his always-curious eyes. "If I might be as nosy..." The ginger started, her head tilting just slightly. "Is there something stopping you from taking this quest?"

A History Buff perhaps? Sey knew his own as well, though he waas not the biggest fan. Still, names came to him easily, and he could tell an English and French name when he heard it anyways. "Well color me impressed, you know some European culture? Not something common among many players, I assume you are a history buff in a huge university somewhere in America, isn't that right?" He asked, still not convinced she was European herself. The reason being, it was not that big of a hype in this area, considering how the nervegear was made in Japan. Sey would rather not believe many people in Britain obtained it, and considering the oddly low numbers... 10k not being high in sales at all, that he would be one of the only players in Europe, much less Britain, to be playing Sword Art Online. "Name's Sey, seeming like we're going to have a conversation to continue on it seems."

Kyu turned her head to the side before noticing that the other familiar was trying to get her attention, pawing at the snow. She understood, but before being able to respond, the ginger-haired lady picked up the fox. Her head would tilt to the side, not quite sure how to feel as of currently. Regardless, she placed herself besides Sey once again, where the most security would be. "Oh? Is he that type of alpha? The type to flirt with every type he meets? That's adorable actually." With that comment out the way, he placed his right palm upwards before explaining. "Well mate, imagine big old monster. 300 Damage per strike. I have 57 mitigation, 54 Regen and 40 Battle Healing. The numbers don't add up well for me if I take too many hits. I can't heal fast enough to beat it."

The energetic fox was surprisingly calm, front legs bent over Aster's arms as the rest of his body was suspended, resting lightly against the girl's torso. She couldn't suppress a scoff at his assumptions, giving the man a half-smile. "Well if you must know, I'm from Manchester. And I haven't been to university...yet." While her words would have quickly led to solemn thoughts about halted aspirations, the alchemist was quickly given more subject matter to consider. "Aster." She let out a chuckle at Sey's comment, keeping her agreement in her thoughts as she considered that Reginald was, in fact, pretty adorable.

She idly twisted side to side, just enough to cause the fox's bushy tail to gently sway in the air. She was normally put off from meeting new people, but the snowy-haired player was both friendly and intriguing, yet not over-bearing. Their environment also provided a nice feeling of solitude--had they been surrounded by players in the middle of a city, Aster would have been much less talkative. "Oh," The girl breathed out, a bit taken aback by the numbers he listed off. 'Three hundred damage... That's a death sentence.' Aster immediately considered her own health pool that equaled the number, only finding very slight comfort in the recollection of her mitigation armor. Pulling her attention back to the topic at hand. "Well... If it's healing you're worried about, I might be able to help." She seemed a bit hesitant to offer, the thought of whatever quest monster reducing her to pixels still fresh in her mind.

Anyone in Europe was full-well capable of understanding what Manchester meant. Highly known in Britain without fail as well, he was impressed since that was where his father had gone to sell some of his stocks. Surprisingly enough, it is said that they have such a high rate in negotiation. Mekato probably would testify this as well, as he went over there. If not that, at least testify how many of the people are actual gentlemen. So much formality, it made Sey feel a bit homesick. "Great Manchester, out of all places as well. We definitely need to talk. I'm from Birmingham." Home of... Really, not too many things compared to the rest of the United Kingdom. But hey, it was a city that his father was pretty close to owning in the business market.  "A pleasure it is, Aster." They weren't French, but Sey still could formally bow to a fellow citizen of the Kingdoms. After all, it was not often he say them.

Kyu would begin to paw at the swinging tail below, as if it were a flying mouse to never be caught. It would probably be smarter to try to trap it with two paws, but it wasn't likely that she knew how to stand on her hind legs. Even if she did, Sey was not interested in telling her that. "Oh? You have First Aid then? Or potions at the very least? Either would be nice, though I think First Aid would be a far bigger help." His head tilted to the side, now very much curious as to what kind of deal they were able to spark. "I'll find a way to pay you. If you embark on the quest with me, you get half of the profits."

"Ah, I've been to Birmingham once." The girl smiled at the vague memory. She recalled traveling quite a few places as a child, both in the United Kingdom and America as her parents had ties to both countries, but at the time she hadn't committed much to memory. She and her parents settled down in Manchester by the time Aster was eight or nine, and after that she hardly left the house, let along the city. In response to Sey's formality she thought it only appropriate to shift one foot behind the other in a small curtsy. "A pleasure." She repeated.

Reginald's tail began to twitch when he felt Kyu's paw brushing against his fur. Surprisingly, the fox didn't struggle against Aster's hold, but his head simply tilted down to the wolf as she had caught his attention. The small movement caught the ginger's eye, and she finally decided to let the familiar down. Once the fox had been place on the snow-covered ground, he immediately went back to hopping around. His paws sunk a good inch or so into the piled snow, and plenty of it was lightly kicked up with his movements. Reginald circled around once or twice before looking expectantly to Kyu with a tilt of his head.

Meanwhile, Aster brought up a hand to tuck her hair behind her ear as she straightened up. "Yes, sir." She nodded in response to his initial question. Even if Sey happened not to be her elder in age, he was most certainly a higher level than her, and therefore deserved her respect. "Both, in fact. I'm strictly a supportive role." When the man mentioned compensation, Aster simply brought up her hands. "I get the feeling the quest you're after is way past my level." She admitted a tad sheepishly. "I'm happy to help, but the experience I would get from it is plenty."

"If you say so, but we need to embark quickly then. Prepare yourself, then I'll rush out of the safe zone to fight some of the monsters that have been designed for the quest. They shouldn't be too far, and I can stall long enough for you and Reginald to arrive." He would instruct, his hands in his pockets now before looking towards Kyu, who would just slowly follow the fox now with her eyes wide, curious, but cautious. The snow flying would neatly be rolled under before the white would leaped upwards, slamming her palms into the snow to send a mighty amount flying. While it seemingly seemed like playing, she would rest her body against the snow, wrap her tail around her body, and closed her. eyes. Seems like she was going to be resting for a bit as well. "The experience it will be. I think First Aid alone should suffice right now, I am currently level 47 anyways. And i shouldn't take too much damage if you heal me every now and then."

"Oh, right." Aster straightened her spine in attention when Sey quickly began formulating a plan. The ginger girl opened her menus, navigating to her equipment page. She took a few seconds to push the milky white sleeves of her jacket up to her elbows before selecting a piece of equipment from her inventory. The thin fabric of handwraps appeared over her bare forearms, the orange lightning strike design matching the bright color of her hair. She already had her mitigation armor equipped--a simple pair of sabatons with a modern design strapped over her pants and shoes. "It's unreliable, but I have a chance to paralyze. Just let me know if I should use it." She held her arms in front of her for a brief moment to refer to the Paralyze enhancements on her handwraps. Remembering the last time she struck a strong monster without the higher-leveled player's consent and how poorly that ended for her, Aster quickly decided she didn't want to relive that experience.

While the players finished their preparations, Reginald gave a shake to remove the excess snow from his fur after Kyu's retaliation. The fox tilted his head at her once more, but turned away in disinterest when the wolf lay down.

Sey seemed about ready to depart, and just as Aster felt a knot begin to form in her stomach, she hastily opened her inventory in search of a specific item. A blue-and-white mask was summoned atop her head, angled to the side so the face of the mask rested against her hair. "All set." She said, giving Sey a small nod of confirmation.

"Good thinking, though we should not use it immediately. I'll tell you when, that is a useful item." With that explained, he would then proceed to look through his inventory. The first item equipped would be the Memorilia Spear, because that allowed him to attack enemies without fail. It was nothing really special in design as of currently, though it did match the color he represented, that being white. Next was the armor that Teion had forged for him, Vanguard's Blessing. It was designed to destroy a massive amount of damage he would take from an opponent. Unfortunately, he had to learn in a very hard way that the bosses will require him to block more damage, so he then equipped a new shield formed from the same purple-haired blacksmith. It was Triad, an item he had planned for his future build when the expected updates came along. "All right, I'm ready. I'll charge out, look at the map if you need to locate me. See ya then, come on Kyu!" With that brief explanation out of the way, he paced towards the exit of the safe zone with is spear prepared for battle.

Kyu trailed behind him a few seconds after his call, growling a bit that she was unable to take her nap, but eventually got over it and made it towards him. "Remember what Joramun said, the fortress is far north. Expect heavy resistance, and bring back the crown of the king to him." Sey told Kyu, remembering their chat with him yesterday before obtaining the stats of the quest. With his level, getting to the North was not too difficult for him at full speed. However, upon the travel, he would be met with heavy resistance as sudden beings of what he could hope was just bone would pop from the ground, striking onto him. Fortunately for him, he was able to successfully block the attack with his shield, only take same some from the sides, as there were more than one. Fortunately, Kyu would pounce on the one behind him, pinning it to the ground while violently lashing at it. Taking the chance while the attention of the monsters have been averted, he would swing his spear violently, allowing it to pierce through the thick pelt of the monsters and cut through their health bars a mighty amount.

Spoiler

Sey: 904/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 94/94 Energy
@Aster: ???/???

ID# 82356 results:

Battle: 3 + 3 = 6
Dmg: 12 x 7 x 1 = 84 - 25 = 59 Dmg to Frost Wights
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

MOB: 8

120 x 4 = 480 - 4(57) = 252 - 4(54) = 36 Damage to Sey

Frost Wights: (x4)
HP - 41/100
Mitigation - 25
Damage per Attack - 120 DMG
Critical Bonus - 50 DMG (BD9), 60 DMG (BD10)

Edited by Sey

"Reginald," Aster gave a small wave of her hand, calling the fox over. He trotted over at the sound of her voice, standing tentatively beside her while the ginger watched the swordsman carefully. He wasted no time in attracting the attention of the monsters that had appeared after leaving the safe zone, and Aster waited a few patient moments for his attacks to land. "Here we go!" She whispered, breaking out into a run after him. Four skeletal monsters surrounded the man, already brought down below half health after his attack. As she closed the gap between them, the girl scanned the health bars that hovered in the air, cursing the game for not allowing her to see the numbers at a glance. She could have calculated Sey's health lost compared to how much healing her First Aid would restore to determine if it was needed. At this point, she figured better safe than sorry.

Aster was only in range for a brief moment. Her hands radiated a soft white light as her skill activated, and the healer brushed her fingertips along the man's shoulder, maintaining contact just long enough for the healing to take effect. His health bar quickly shot back up to full. The ginger frowned, disappointed at what she assumed had been an excess of potential healing wasted, but continued on. The girl got out of melee range just as quickly as she had entered, stopping once the range of the monsters' reach posed no threat to her.

Combat Results:

Spoiler

@Sey: 940/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 94/94 Energy
Aster: 300/300 | 1 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 CC | 30/30 Energy

• ID#: 82405
    • CD: 8 + (3 Equipment) = 11 - Success!
      • Sey recovers (940 x 32% = 300) HP

HP - 41/100
Mitigation - 25

Edited by Aster

He felt a sudden touch on the shoulder, in which he would turn his head to notice that it was just his partner helping him out. His health bar would raise back all the way to the full point, which brought a confident smile on his lips. It was his silence, but facial expression, that showed that he appreciated what she had done very much. With that, he turned back towards the enemies with that smile locked, but his eyes blazed. They did not have any fear, as they would attack to lunge at him, all of them resulting in unsuccessful sloppy strikes, oh the embarrassment. "What a sad way to bring up a guy, to think that you all would fall so easily." He announced to them before he placed a swift spear through each of their cores quickly. Each one of them soon shattered to nothing but pieces of data, showing the both of them to be the victors. Turning his head back to the healer, he would nod his head. "Thanks for the assist back there. You're a good healer."

Spoiler

ID# 82580 results:

Battle: 5 + 3 = 8
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

MOB: 2

Sey: 940/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 94/94 Energy
@Aster: 300/300 | 1 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 CC | 30/30 Energy

HP - 0/100
Mitigation - 25

Edited by Sey

Aster would have thought it was a miracle that she wasn't left weak and out of breath, even after such a short sprint. It was quite odd controlling a virtual body--she was capable of so much more than she had been in the real world. Sure, she could have probably taken the time to train her body to better handle physical activity, but she had been rather weak every since she could remember. Besides, she would much rather be reading in her family's library, so it would have taken a lot to find the motivation.

The ginger felt a rush of satisfaction as the wights fell one immediately after the other. The spear-wielder had wiped the monsters out with one clean attack, leaving them in the calm snowscape once more. Aster straightened up a bit, giving the man a grateful nod at his compliment. "And you, an excellent spearman." A smile took over her features. The girl turned a bit to look ahead of them as Reginald sat patiently beside her ankle. "So, we continue this way?" She inquired, following the snowy-haired man's lead as she was unaware of the quest details.

Kyu pounced forward towards the direction averted their attention towards, landing onto another enemy. She had a good sense for this sort of thing it appears. The snow-haired player would then follow through, only to take a sudden brutal attack from behind, falling forward. His vision was blurry, only for him to be lunged at below. Raising his spear, he would block the incoming attack before ending up in a swordlock with the monster that got him. There were more, taking their shots at Kyu, and she swatted back at them, only to sustain some damage as well. With his teeth clenched, he would push forward, hoping to get himself up off of this unfortunate position. Eventually, the attempt was successful as he got enough space to kick the enemy off of him. Rolling around, he would nastily pierce the weaponry through the monster, resulting in a massive amount of damage being inflicted onto it. "Ambushing, the worst kind of monsters." He snarled as he would look up at his health. This was why he needed a healing.

Spoiler

ID# 82645 results:

Battle: 2 + 3 + 1 Concentration = 6

MOB: 10
Dmg: 180 - 57 = 123 - 54 = 69 * 4 = 276 to Sey

Sey: 664/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 68/94 Energy

HP - 41/100
Mitigation - 25

Edited by Sey

The lull in action was short-lived, with the wolf familiar catching sight of more enemies and reacting quickly to subdue them. Aster flinched just slightly at the outburst, but focused her attention to scan the battlefield. If she wasn't able to fight, the girl was set on making herself useful in every other way possible. After a few quick seconds she counted another wave of four enemies, one keeping Sey preoccupied while the other turned their attention to the wolf. As much as the girl wish to come to their rescue, she knew well that course of action would cause even more harm in this situation.

Aster held herself steady, eyes flickering between health bars. 'The monsters' are decreasing at the same pace as the last battle. At this rate...' Her fingers twitched as Sey's spear stabbed through the wight that had been holding him back. At the sight of an opening, Aster dashed into close range, easily keeping clear of the other monsters as her palms began to glow a soft white. Stopping at the man's side, Aster gingerly placed both hands upon the spearman's free arm and shoulder, lingering as long as it took for his health bar to refill back to one-hundred percent. Once her healing was complete, she took a few steps away again to leave Sey between herself and the monsters. Her stance relaxed slightly, waiting patiently for the wights' demise as she expected them to fall with his next attack.

Combat Results:

Spoiler

@Sey:  940/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 94/94 Energy
Aster: 300/300 | 1 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 CC | 30/30 Energy

• ID#: 82405
    • CD: 8 + (3 Equipment) = 11 - Success!
      • Sey recovers (940 x 32% = 300) HP

HP - 41/100
Mitigation - 25

Edited by Aster

Her palm placed on his shoulder, and his health bar was magically brought back up to the point where it had been completely fulfilled. It was nice knowing that he was not going to die in this way now. Two successful heals, powerful ones at that. This girl seemed to have a talent. Well, he needed to show his own now, as he had a deal on his end to hold up. So he would jumped back into the battle, the enemies lined up for him before he would place the first spear strike through the core of the monster, shattering it instantly. The second swung from the front, in which he neatly blocked. Kyu jumped from behind it and slashed, causing it to follow the first monster to the afterlife. The third one would attack from the front as well, this tie Sey prepared as he stabbed it, since that was what the sword art restricted him to. The knockback was heavy enough to launch to the last monster causing it to follow the fate of it's brothers. They were all dead. "Annnnnd we did it!"

Spoiler

ID# 82666 results:

Battle: 4

MOB: 7
120 x 4 = 480 - 4(57) = 252 - 4(54) = 36 Damage to Sey

Sey:  904/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 55/94 Energy

HP - 0/100
Mitigation - 25

Edited by Sey

Aster watched as her prediction came true--the wights didn't even have time for another round of attacks before the spearman and his wolf cut them down to shattering pixels. The girl gave Sey a nod at his exclamation, a triumphant smile resting on her features. "Were those all quest monsters?" She inquired with a slight tilt of her head. Despite it not having moved out of place, the ginger reached up and adjusted the off-set mask resting against her hair, as if to partly assure herself of its presence.

She gave the area another quick scan, but after roughly the same amount of time had passed following Kyu's previous detection of the second wave, silence continued to hang over them. With only the icy wind brushing against her ears, Aster focused her attention back to the white-haired player. "What do we need to do now?"

Edited by Aster