[PP-F4] Pounds, Crisps, and Bloody <<The Night's King>>

Well love, those were nearly all of them. But the king himself however resides further up the north. We aren't that far from it though. If you follow my lead, we should be there in about a minute or two." The snow-haired player would explain before proceeding to walk towards the north again, his spear in his hand as he would prepare for any more incoming monsters. While that was happening, Kyu would nudge the side of his leg before nuzzling her head against it. Seems like she was happy with being able to handle things on her own now. It had been a while, but he finally let her fight on her own instead of coming in. It was worth it for sure. "The king himself is a very annoying boss in stats. A massive 300 damage is enough to blow through any defenses. But if I get lucky enough not to get hit by it, I wouldn't mind letting you try out that paralysis. Nothing said that it was immune to that."

"The King himself, eh?" Aster lightly nudged the bridge of her glasses as she followed after Sey. The man echoed the comment of three-hundred damage that she recalled hearing earlier, causing the girl to take in a deep breath. 'Blow through a defense is right... Not a chance I could stand up to that.' She kept the thought to herself before giving a small shake of her head to dismiss the pointless worry. As much as her mind wanted to run through scenarios and create a plan of action, there were too many variables. The ginger suddenly wished she had spent more of her time researching video games like this before she became stuck here. Having a sense of the patterns and common occurrences in these types of games surely would prove useful to her hungry mind.

The pair didn't have to travel a great distance to reach the so-called King's fortress. The icy palace had become visible from a few minutes away, and by the time they had stopped in front of the main doors Aster would lift her chin to survey the structure. "I suppose we've found his hiding place." She remarked with a light smile.

He would walk into the scene with the spear in his hand as they would both walk into the structure. "My energy is in a questionable state. If I run too low, I might need you to handle the rest for me. At least to paralyze it long enough for me to get enough energy to get back into the fight." Sey was probably making the riskier moves that the game had to offer. But hey, it was not the worst one he has ever made. That was him in his first quest, and he did not want to talk anything more of it. as he began to walk, he would notice the interior had a chandelier at the top, swinging as a sudden chill would arrive as he entered. Eventually, a "warning" sign in red print would pop up in front of him, showing that they were where the boss could see them. Immediately, the king jumped from above downwards, striking down onto Sey specifically, making his body fly up and slam against the wall. "Argh.... There you are..." He replied coldly to the monster before falling to the ground, springing his bent legs immediately to slice at the monster, taking a good chunk of health from it before jumping back. "Looks like we're back at this again."

Spoiler

ID# 82777 results:

Battle: 8
Dmg: 12 x 12 x 1 = 144 - 50 = 94
SA: Merciless Flurry - 12x1 - (13 Energy) - A high-end sword art that strikes the target with a flurry of rapid thrusts.

MOB: 6
Dmg: 300 - 57 = 243 - 54 = 189 Dmg

Sey:  751/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 44/94 Energy
@Aster: 300/300 | 1 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 CC | 30/30 Energy

<<Night's King>>
HP
 - 356/450
Mitigation - 50
Damage per Attack - 300 DMG
Critical Bonus (increases base dmg by) - 85 DMG (BD9), 100 DMG (BD10)

Edited by Sey

"Ah, right." For a moment, the girl had forgotten about the 'energy' resource. Though she had read up on them, she had never used any Sword Arts due to her lack of weapon skill, and therefore had little worry for energy. Aster had only taken a single step after Sey began to walk forward into the throne room when the battle suddenly began. The healer gave a start as the King came crashing down before them. Wielding an obsidian axe, the monster stood tall and imposing, easily towering over the both of them. "Sey!?"  She called out as the white-haired player was knocked in the air. Amber eyes darting to the health bar that hovered beside him, she was surprised to see it was still well in the green. Yes, he could easily four more hits of that strength. Aster turned her attention back to the icy king, her hands balling into fists. He hadn't called for it, but...maybe this was her opening.

The ginger widened her stance, having to only take a couple of short paces to bring herself close enough to the monster to strike. Pulling back her left hand, the moment her fist made contact with the King, a spark of orange-tinted electricity crackled, dancing around her forearm. The lightning strike surged from her weapon to the monster, unleashing a force on the impact point that Aster wasn't expecting. The girl's arm--along with the rest of her--was pushed away and she let out a yelp of surprise as her loss of balance caused her to fall backward.

Combat Results:

Spoiler

[H: 1] @Sey:  751/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 44/94 Energy
[H: 2] Aster: 300/300 | 1 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 CC | 29/30 Energy

• ID#: 82797
    • BD: 9 - Critical Success!
      • (1 Base) + (1 Critical) = (2 Damage) - (50 MIT) = 1 Minimum DMG
      • Paralyze Activated - Enemy's Next Turn
      • Bleed Activated - 12 DMG / 2 Turns

<<Night's King>>
HP - 355/450 - Bleeding (2) - Paralyzed (1)
Mitigation - 50

Edited by Aster

His eyes shifted to the side before he saw her pacing towards the king. It was nowhere near time for her to make such an attempt. "ASTER! DON'T!" Sey cried out with worry in his tone, outstretching his right arm. Honestly, he was not in the slightest ready to see her dead. However, not only did she not take any impact, she was able to actually do something noticeable. It was not on the health bar of the monster, but it seemed... Stuck... The ginger would then fall back. The least he could do was break her fall. SO with his speed, he would swiftly charge towards her from behind before placing his arms under her own to catch her. "Sorry love, can't have you passing out on me now." He teased before lightly nudging her up onto her feet again. "While that was a stupid thing to do..." He would walk past her before turning back. "That was probably one of the best acts I have seen. Lovely work." With that, his attention was brought to the king, who was stuck in place from the paralysis effect before he gave a good lashing to it with the tip of his spear. All criticals, before he paced back towards the healer. "Well, that should bring me back to evening out the hate count."

Spoiler

ID# 82800 results:

Battle: 9
Dmg: 13 x 12 x 1 = 156 - 50 = 106
SA: Merciless Flurry - 12x1 - (13 Energy) - A high-end sword art that strikes the target with a flurry of rapid thrusts.

MOB: 8   [PARALYZED]

[H: 3] Sey:  791/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 32/94 Energy
[H: 2] @Aster: 300/300 | 1 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 CC | 29/30 Energy

<<Night's King>>
HP - 249/450 - Bleeding (2) - Paralyzed (1)
Mitigation - 50

Edited by Sey

"Aah!" The ginger girl had squeezed her eyes shut to brace herself against crashing backward into the icy floor. With the small window of time that her mind had to process information, she tried to remind herself that she wouldn't actually feel pain. Before Aster's back would slam against the ground, however, she felt a different force holding her up before pushing her back upright. Her eyes flickered open before landing upon the white-haired player with a teasing look on his face. She blinked, her senses quickly coming back to her as she resisted a sour expression at his use of the word 'stupid'. Intelligence and wisdom were clearly two different things.

Aster gave a small shake of her head before giving a half-smile. 'Well, he doesn't seem too cross with me. She thought, her attention turning back to the King. The creature was still frozen in place, small flashes of lightning occasionally dancing around his body to denote the paralysis still in effect. With Sey's attack, the girl turned and hurried to distance herself from close quarters before the monster would be able to move again.

With that, he would nod his head before looking back to the king, who glared back down onto Sey once again, the way that he should be. Approaching the king once again, the snow-haired player took another stab at the monster boss once again, slashing through the core multiple times before jumping up with an uppercut slice. It would launch a regular monster upwards, but this was a boss, and it would stay in place. Fortunately, he expected this, and would finish it all off with a final slash back downwards. The end of the combo before he would jump back. However, the king was on hot pursuit before slamming it’s ax into him with a mighty amount of force to slam him against the wall, reducing his health again. Fortunately, it was still in the green zone, but it was beginning to become noticeable now, and that was something he can’t live with. “If you feel lucky, I could use a heal right about now.”

Spoiler

ID# 82882 results:

Battle: 3 + 3 = 6

MOB: 9
Dmg: 360 - 57 Mit = 303 - 54 = 249 Dmg

[H: 4] Sey:  582/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 20/94 Energy
[H: 2] @Aster: 300/300 | 1 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 CC | 29/30 Energy

<<Night's King>>
HP - 155/450 - Bleeding (2) - Paralyzed (1)
Mitigation - 50

Edited by Sey

Despite the absence of real pain, Aster instinctively winced when the King's attack hit Sey. His comment shortly after getting back to his feet had the ginger nod. She was careful not to get herself too close to the monster, dashing across the room while steering clear of the King's reach in the event his axe decided to come down on her next. The girl tried to activate her First Aid skill once she had gotten close. As the white-haired player got back to his feet, she reached out to heal him, but hesitated once she noticed the absence of light around her palms. "Augh, not now..." Aster muttered under her breath, pulling her hands back and giving a sidelong glance to the King in the center of the room. "Sorry, hold on just a bit longer." The defeat was evident in her voice; the game seemed to always throw her a curveball once she thought she finally had a grasp on its mechanics. She was only thankful the man's health wasn't critical. In the worst case, she could give him some healing potions, but since they were designed closer to her own level she doubted they would provide much.

Combat Results:

Spoiler

@Sey:  582/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 20/94 Energy
Aster: 300/300 | 1 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 CC | 30/30 Energy

• ID#: 82957
    • CD: 2 + (3 Equipment) = 5 - Fail!

<<Night's King>>
HP - 131/450
Mitigation - 50

Edited by Aster

“No problem, I think I have this covered.” Sey would explain as he would then place his spear up once again. With that done, he would rush towards the king again, the both of them placing their weapons to a sword lock. The both of them would collide with a mighty amount of force, sparks flying out from them before the ax gained the advantage over the spear. It would slice through Sey successfully, lowering his health officially into the yellow zone, the first time in a long while it has been. “Shoot! The snow haired player exclaimed before jumping upwards, slicing down onto the monster from the head before moving down swiftly with more massive strikes. It was then finished at that moment, the little sword lock before the energy bar would warn him about how low it was now. “Oh come on now, how is that supposed to be fair!?”

Spoiler

Sey:  433/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 8/94 Energy

ID# 83015 results:

Battle: 5 + 3 = 8

MOB: 7
Dmg: 300 - 57 = 243 - 54 = 189 Dmg

<<Night's King>>
HP - 37/450
Mitigation - 50

Edited by Sey

Aster took a few tentative steps backwards, watching the battlefield carefully as Sey dashed into the fray once more. He and the Night's King exchanged blows once more, both of their health gauges dropping considerably. The white-haired man's exclamation grabbed her attention, amber eyes flickering to her party interface to see the source of his frustration. His energy bar was nearly depleted, and the girl assumed he wouldn't be able to continue with any more hard-hitting attacks until it was replenished. The ginger frowned--perhaps this fight was going to take longer than she had anticipated. 'As long as my healing skills feel like working,' Her thought trailed with a touch of sarcasm. When Sey's feet touched the ground again, Aster dashed in towards him. The soft white glow on her palms returned, allowing a sense of relief to wash over her as she restored the spearman's health. There was still a sizeable amount missing once the skill had run its course, and Aster forced herself to move back to a safe distance. "Now's the time I wish I carried some energy-restoring items." The girl mumbled, making a mental note for the future.

Combat Results:

Spoiler

@Sey:  733/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 8/94 Energy

• ID#: 83078
    • CD: 6 + (3 Equipment) 9 = Success!
      • Sey recovers (940 x 32% = 300) HP

<<Night's King>>
HP - 37/450
Mitigation - 50

Edited by Aster

He launched himself at the enemy once again, swiftly slicing through it with one massive blow, causing a decent amount of damage to be inflicted onto the body of the enemy. With that said, his energy bar would warn him that he was at the worst possible point he could be in as of currently. “Well Aster, we kind of have a problem love… See, I am officially out of energy! And until I can regain it, we are not going to blow through it’s mitigation anytime soon…” He would explain as he would jump back, only to take another hit from the monster all of a sudden. Seems like he might have had a better time if he had rested in the beginning. Oh well, he still believed he had a chance at beating it if he could keep taking a stab at it. It would take a while, but it was still possible.

Spoiler

ID# 83080 results:

Battle: 8
Dmg: 12 x 6 x 1 = 72 - 50 = 22

MOB: 9
Dmg: 360 - 57 Mit = 303 - 54 = 249 Dmg

Sey:  524/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 2/94 Energy

<<Night's King>>
HP - 15/450
Mitigation - 50

Edited by Sey

"Oh, dear..." The ginger gave a small shake of her head and the man's casual explanation. The King would land another attack against him, which made her course of action clear. She would have liked attempting to paralyze the monster again, or perhaps try to apply her weapon's bleed damage; if she recalled correctly, the mitigation that he mentioned wouldn't hinder those types of damage. Clearly, her attention was needed elsewhere, and the teen hurried over to Sey once more to heal him. "Well, since this doesn't cost me anything, we should be okay in a battle of attrition." She reasoned, trying to ignore the fact that her healing ability had a chance to fail. She pulled her hands back once Sey's health bar was well back in the green. "Shame we can't break for tea." The girl lacked confidence with her joke, but the corners of her mouth turned up slightly in a smile.

Combat Results:

Spoiler

@Sey:  824/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 2/94 Energy

• ID#: 83081
    • CD: 9 + (3 Equipment) 12 = Success!
      • Sey recovers (940 x 32% = 300) HP

<<Night's King>>
HP - 15/450
Mitigation - 50

Edited by Aster

"Well... We better hope to be lucky. I can slowly burn through it's mitigation... Now I wish I had some energy items though." Sey explained as he would cross his arms, though smiling from the joke that she had told him. "Oh? And I assume you would love a crumpet as well, right love?" The snow-haired player would explain with his half-smile equipped, though his eyes would shift to the side before he jumped away, successfully avoiding the enemy attacking him before slicing to the side, taking down a pixel of it's health before jumping back. Maybe it would not be such a bad idea to invest into things such as bleeding, that would definitely get this battle done quick. Now he understood why some players would prefer to go with a damage over time build. At least they did not have to stand around and rely on energy like this.

Spoiler

ID# 83116 results:

Battle: 3 + 3 = 6
Dmg: 12 - 50 MIT = 1 Dmg

MOB: 4

Sey:  864/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 2/94 Energy

<<Night's King>>
HP - 14/450
Mitigation - 50

Edited by Sey

"Now, that actually sounds quite nice!" The girl smiled. She had yet to encounter anyone in Aincrad who gave her a hard time for her accent, Sey being the only player who would know where she was originally from. Surely, if she was obligated to speak to people more often than she chose, the girl was certain she would have received a remark here or there. She already looked younger than her age, leaving her more prone to being disregarded as a child, one of the few things that would get Aster riled up.

"Well, I suppose it fancies you enough that I can give this another shot."

With the Night's King well into the red and Sey's passive health regeneration kicking in, the ginger was beginning to feel much more confident. A terrible flaw of hers, the girl had come to the conclusion that they would be victorious and therefore the fight did not warrant any further analyzing, planning ahead, or caution. With that, she hurried around so as not to get herself caught by the idle swinging of the King's massive axe. She took in a deep breath just as the sparks of orange electricity began dancing around her wrists and arms. Aster landed a strike against the creature's side, bracing herself as the lightning traveled from her weapon to course through the King's body.

Combat Results:

Spoiler

@Sey:  864/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 2/94 Energy

• ID#: 83144
    • BD: 10 - Critical Success!
      • (1 Base) + (1 Critical) = (2 Damage) - (50 MIT) = 1 Minimum DMG
      • Paralyze Activated - Enemy's Next Turn
      • Bleed Activated - 12 DMG / 2 Turns

<<Night's King>>
HP - 13/45
0 - Bleeding (2) - Paralyzed (1)
Mitigation - 50

Edited by Aster

Upon seeing the strike she did, he noticed the red signs above the kings head. Bleed... And Paralysis... Those were the things they needed, and Aster was able to get them with a critical sign above their head. "Aster, I'm DEFINITELY going to buy you some crumpets after this." He explained, his scan revealing that the monster literally had one more health down to go. So he would swiftly make his way over to the king before slicing one time through the core, making the last single pixel of the health bar disappear and causing the enemy to shatter into many pieces of data, finishing the quest that they both were in. He would turn his back around to face her. "I'll take one part of what I said earlier back. Not in the slightest bit stupid, that in fact saved our lives. So thank you, and we both end up getting the massive rewards from this stupid thing as well... All i can say is that you did very well, love."

Spoiler

ID# 83147 results:

Battle: 9
Dmg: 13 - 50 = 1

MOB: 5

Sey:  904/940 l 12 Dmg l 3 ACC l 57 Mit l 54 Regen l 40 Battle Healing l 2 LD l 2/94 Energy

<<Night's King>>
HP - 0/450 - Bleeding (1/2)
Mitigation - 50

Edited by Sey

Aster felt the need to dust off her handwraps, as if the lightning effect of its paralysis ability had left some sort of residue. Sey made quick work of the boss' remaining health point, and with the monster defeated the ginger pulled the sleeves of her white coat back down to her wrists. Aster smiled at the white-haired player's praise; something she had been so used to receiving had been strangely absent in her life in Aincrad. There were no longer any tests for her to ace or tasks to perfect that would earn her praise from authoritative figures. Listening to the tone of pride in Sey's voice filled the girl with a sense of satisfaction that had been missing for quite some time.

Though she had no intention of holding the man to his word, the thought of curling up with a book, a nice cup of tea, and some crumpets had Aster's stomach turn with a feeling she could only classify as homesickness. Her smile had faded slightly, but she did her best not to linger on the pointless emotion. "Well thank you, kind sir." She offered the man a small curtsy with the exchange. "You weren't half-bad yourself. Now then, are there any other terrible kings that need slaying around here?"

His right pointer finger would be placed lightly against his own chin as his eyes shifted upwards, thinking about anything else they needed to do. "Hm, I do not believe that is the case. We do have the head of the monster, I'll just make sure to send that towards him." The snow-haired player would explain as he would hold it upwards, tossing it into his inventory a few moments later after that. "I owe you for helping me with this quest, whether or not you told me in the beginning that this is rewarding enough. If there is any way I can be of an assist to you, I'll gladly help. I have many connections that answer to me at the snap of a finger." That was true, considering all of the deals he made recently with many players. For him, he felt like he was able to get a good bargain while helping others out. Aster was able to get him some progress, so he would give her access as he reward for that.

Aster brought her hands together in a small clap in front of her chest. "Brilliant!" Sey's words had the gears in her head turning. The girl moved her left hand through the air to open up her menus, selecting a couple of options before a friend request window would appear before the white-haired man. "Consider me an on-call healer, if you'd like! I also own an alchemy shop on the first floor." She seemed eager now, certainly not an experienced businesswoman, but establishing a symbiotic relationship with other players was exactly what she needed, especially with her building strictly as a support player.

After exchanging a few more pleasantries, Aster looked back to the entrance of the icy fortress, spotting the two familiars. Reginald seemed more calm than usual, possibly just an aftermath of the battle. While the fox was more than a handful at times, he seemed to have specific instances in which he would, thankfully, behave himself. Her amber eyes drifted up to the snowy fields that would stretch back to Snowfrost, recalling the monsters that had spawned on their path here. "First off though, I don't suppose you'd be willing to help us back to town?"

A slight chuckle would emit from his lips. It was calm though rather than taunting. "Glad to hear it." He told her, replying to her comment about being the on-call healer. Sweet, looks like he nearly had everything he needed in order to make sure he never had to search for much else on his own. It got boring after a while to do things like gathering without the help of someone else. And now he was able to get some quests done with a pocket healer that helped him with this quest he would never beat on his own, and hopefully a lot more would be done in the future. "Not in the slightest. Follow my lead, I'll get you to town without a scratch on you." His energy was recovering anyways, he might as well try to make sure that he did that much for her. So he would proceed to leave the castle that they were both within, looking forward towards going back to the town and reaping the rewards of their efforts.

Aster and Sey walked back towards town at a much calmer pace than they had when reaching the fortress. Either the monsters that had spawned before were tied to the quest, had an exceptionally long respawning time, or they just got lucky. The players' journey was uneventful, and mostly quiet. The alchemist was glad for the break; though she got satisfaction from excelling in her healer role, she wasn't too fond of combat in general. If only she could use her skills outside of fights, spending her time in some sort of hospital inside the city where players could be healed from their injuries away from the stress of battle. Alas, the game's design was not her own, and life in Aincrad seemed to be either entirely peaceful or thrilling with very little in-between.

When the party reached the edge of Snowfrost, Reginald regarded Kyu with mild interest, as if the fox were hopeful to meet the wolf again. Perhaps she would oblige him with a game of chase if they did. Aster would give Sey a nod and a quick thanks, both for the escort and the invitation to the quest, before telling him she had really ought to get back to her shop, but she hoped to see him around.

Thread Complete!

Spoiler
  • Aster:
    • 5 SP (2 pages, 3 quest)
    • 400 col
  • Sey:
    • 5 SP (2 pages, 3 quest)
    • 400 col