[F13-NK-PP] The Chapel of Fallen Angels (Shield, Teion, Beatbox) <<Falling of Tagas>>

Spoiler

<<The Falling of Tagas>>

warrior battle army creatures war cities castle

Description:
The players must search for the Chapel named "The Final Astrea" as there have been rumors of Angel being seen from there. But when asked where the chapel might actually be, no one can seem to remember how to get there. Upon finding the Chapel, one would see that the grass has turned from the deadened state of brown to an eerie and disturbing purple. Once the players enter the Chapel and descend down the stairwell that is located in the center of the building, they come across two Necromancers that are corrupting an Angel.

Requirements:

• The Thread must be 2 Completed Pages (41+ Posts)
  • Players must score an LD of a 20+ when searching for the Chapel. If Players score an LD of a 4 or less, Skeletons with floor level strength spawn equal to the number of members in the party.
  • Both Mage Knights must be slain.
  • When Both Mage Knights die, Tagas engages the players and they must do one of two things. Save the Angel or Slay him;
  1. When trying to save Tagas, one must perform 2 successful First Aid Healing in a row before he is defeated.
  2. If no First Aid Attempts are used on Tagas for 2 straight player rounds (Full Player/NPC rotations), he becomes stronger. But yields stronger rewards
  3. Players may use First Aid Attempts to make him an easier fight, but yields lesser rewards.
  • Players can choose to solo this, but is recommended against that.
  • Maximum of 4 Members (Including the Party Leader) may do this quest at a time

Quest Monsters:

<Corrupted Mage-Knight> is a respawning Field Quest Mob and has the following statistics:

HP: 115
Mitigation: 15
Energy: 20
DMG: 80
Sword Arts: Flaming Strike (1x4) 4 Energy (Will use with one target)

Flaming Cleave (1x2 AOE) 4 Energy (If more than one target)

Special Effects: Wield Flaming swords that inflict Burn on an unmodified 8-10 upon an enemy (Regardless of missing). 20 Damage for 2 turns.

<Tagas the Corrupted> is a respawning Field Quest Boss and has the following statistics: (And also receives his own Battle Die and Craft Die. Do not use Monster Die for him or your quest thread will be nullified.)

HP350
Damage per Attack: 300

Mitigation: 25
Special Effects: Will mend 30 HP on a CD of a 10+.

Full Corruption (If he goes full corruption, his health returns to full and his stats become the following)
HP
: 650
Damage per Attack: 300

Mitigation: 65
Special Effects: Will blast all enemies for 150 damage that cannot be mitigated with a BD of a 10.

Rewards:

If Tagas is cured of Corruption

1. All Players receive 3 SP and 500 Col individually

2. Each Party Member will receive 1 Potion of Heavenly Mending, (When used recovers 15%(rounded up) of your missing health), and (Weapon Type) of the Blessed; Which has 2 ACC and 1 DMG.

3. Each Party Member will Inherit "Banner of Inspiration: 3 Charges, empowers you and three other players in a party with +20 overhealth for 1 battle. To refill 1 charge costs 5,000 col"

If Tagas is slain before Full Corruption

1. All Players receive 3 SP

2. Each Party Member will gain a Perfect Weapon named (Weapon type) of the Fallen; Which has 1 ACC and 2 DMG. And a Potion of Health - Heals 15 HP.

If Tagas is Slain when Fully Corrupted

1. All Players receive 4 SP

2. Each Party Member will receive the weapon as before, and a Potion of Fallen Strength; Increases your Damage by +3 but reduces your Mitigation by 9 for a Thread.

3. Each Party Member will inherit "Banner of Command: 3 Charges, empowers you and three other players in a party with +1 Damage for 1 battle. To refill 1 charge costs 5,000 col."

Floor Thirteenth was by far the moodiest place that Husky has ever been to. Compare to the Forest of Wavering Mist back at his home town, the place was far worse. The sky was perpetually covered under a thick cloud of dark husk. The floor was of a brown color of barren dirt, with a few trails of cobblestone roads stretches from one settlement to another. Beside the main settlement  Angel's Point, the land was void of any greenery. Carcasses of the dead trees and skeletal remains of animals, and humans littered the wilderness of the floor. The whole floor itself was covered with a thick blanket of fog, clouded the ground, making navigation all the more difficult. This place is nothing but a desolated wasteland.

However, Husky had found some information of a a secret hidden chapel within this floor's wilderness. It provide a great challenge for whoever could find it, but also yield great rewards for whoever managed to overcome the challenge. For the Silver Warrior, this is a perfect place to test his push himself to his very limit. However, he must planned out his plan of action first. Especially on a floor like this, charging blindly into the wild would means certain death.

( @Teion @Shield @Beatbox First come, first serve.)

Edited by Husky
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It hadn't been terribly long since he had last been on the thirteenth floor. However, since then, he had managed to grandmaster his armor skill as well as acquiring a new item that would make his job as tank far more feasible. He equipped the manticore mask, flipping the heavy metal covering back so it rested currently on top of his head rather than over his face. This left him, for pretty much the first time since arriving in Aincrad, without any armor on his torso. The leather covering that was left behind was considerably lighter and less restrictive. He felt naked, but the freedom of movement was refreshing in a sense.

As he made his way, he found himself approaching a player he had not met before, though if he was in the same place Shield was, no doubt he was there for the same reason.

"Falling of Tagas?"he asked, his jaw was strong and set, but his face did not read anger so much as it read focus. He instinctively checked the player's cursor color before extending a hand. "We haven't met. I'm Shield. One of the foremost tanks in Aincrad, and tank sentinel of the Celestial Ascendants."

Spoiler

ID# 82480 results: Loot: 10 - No materials (0 total)

@Teion @Beatbox

Edited by Shield

"Jesus Christ I need to take on this quest..." he had thought to himself as he walked in the floor that was floor 13, and boy oh boy did he forget how dead this floor was. It was darkened and only undead could honestly be found. But... that was alright he had supposed, Beatbox had looked down to his feet as he had walked down the path down towards Angel's Point and only found that in some places in this floor would be alive. Which had brought a grin to his face, then he had eventually found himself on the church of this floor were he had seen Shield and one other player in which he had never seen before... at least not to what he remembers. "Yo. It's been a while Shield, have ya been keepin' yourself outta trouble there mister?" he had said with a chuckle "I assume that'cha are goin' after the Tagas I presume, if theres room for one more, care to tag me along? If we need another person, I think I may know who to talk to. I'm sure she is not that busy at the moment." in which he was talkin' about Teion. There was no one else at the moment in which he could think of.

@Teion

Another floor to check off the list. Teion had finally made her way back to the main settlement on the thirteenth floor after a grueling morning of exploration. She wasn't up to the task of taking on monsters alone on this floor, whether it was due to her poor build for soloing monsters, or the unnerving feeling of death hanging over her since she'd first teleported in to Angel's Point that discouraged her from fighting. Whatever the case may be, Teion had just about had her fill of this place. She had just crossed into the safe zone when she took a moment to pull up her menus. As the woman scrolled down to her friends list, she typed out a quick message. Alongside making an effort to visit each floor and expand her knowledge of all Aincrad had to offer outside of the scorching deserts on the fifth, Teion had found herself occasionally reaching out to a couple of players that were more familiar with the other floors than she. Really, she began to feel as though she was prodding at the few players who had offered to put themselves on her friends list, using their opinions to determine her next course of action. And so, she pressed the 'Send' button on a brief message to Beatbox:

'Hey, is there anything worthwhile on Floor 13?'

Standing in the square of Angel's Point, Husky jumped a little when someone called out for him. On this place, Husky had not expect to encounter anyone, far from it, he hadn't expect anyone to even traverse around this part of the game. Turning to see the player that called out for him, the brunette had had skeptic about the stranger greeted him in an almost too friendly manner.. The player before him didn't have anything special equipped on him, except for the mask skewed upon his head. "This might be a trap..." Husky thought to himself. Even when the player introduced themselves as a member of a renown guild, Husky could only nodded. He can't put his complete trust in the stranger just yet, considering anyone could say the same thing. He decided to play along for now. If anything went wrong, he have two teleport crystals, and he can get out of there in a heartbeat.

However, another player approached him. Their difference was much more apparent. The newly approached stranger is kitted to the teeth. He seemed more of a frontliner than anything. Both seemed to know each other well, and on closer inspection, Husky could see both bearing the same guild sigil, only one more apparent than the other. His composure relaxed, seeing someone of higher level in the same guild. Maybe he isn't lying about the guild.

The stranger hadn't responded, which was unexpected, but he was usually not one to be overly talkative, so he hardly took it personally. On the other hand, Beatbox was quick to address him upon arrival. He turned to the fellow front liner and raised a hand in greeting.

"It's good to see you," he replied, giving a slight nod of his head. "You guessed it. I can always use more damage dealers, if that's what you had in mind. Meat shields like me can only do so much on our own."

Spoiler

ID# 82495 results: Loot: 7 - No materials (0 total)

He took a glance around, stretching his arms behind his back, pushing out his chest and straightening his spine before relaxing into a more comfortable stance. His fingers moved through his menus to pull out his trusty Pain Drinker shield, its normally gleaming silver surface only able to shine as brightly as the dim, overcast skies above.

"Who'd you have in mind?"

@Beatbox

Edited by Shield

In the middle of Shield's and his own conversation, he had received a message from Teion: opening it, he had continued to listen to Shield respectfully "Nice to know that'cha staying out of trouble. Last thing we are needin' is players to perish because of stupid actions that one might cause." as he had said that he had typed up a response to Teion stating:

To: Teion

- Eh, normally, hell no. It's dead out here, and theres nothing really t' see. However me and Shield are about to take on The Falling of Tagas quest, care to come along?

Then he had sent the message, with a chuckle as he had spoke out to Shield "Dunno, if ya know her, but her name is Teion. You might have met her, before, but ya know." he said as he looked over to another player, with a surprised look he had looked towards the player and with placing a hand over his heart and bowing before the player he had calmly greet himself to him "Greetings, I am Beatbox, Celestial Ascendant member, and DPS Frontliner, its a pleasure to meet you on such occasion."

@Teion

'That was fast.' Teion heard the familiar pinging of a notification alerting her of Beatbox's reply. She opened up the message, skimming it over before opening up the interface to type once more.

'Sure. Where should we meet?'

She had just entered Angel's Point, giving the settlement a quick look around before beginning to wander. The small town  the rest of the floor being an undead wasteland, but she quickly shrugged off the thought. 'I wonder what that quest is...' She couldn't help but think back to Beatbox's message. The Falling of Tagas. The name didn't sound familiar in the slightest.

"Ah," Before the woman had gotten too lost in thought, her gaze fell upon a number of familiar figures. Beatbox's blonde hair caught her attention first, realizing quickly that he was already with Shield. A third player besides them had her recalling a battle on the eighth floor not too long ago. She walked over to the trio, bringing a hand up in greeting before making her presence known. "Hey, guess I found you." A half-smile crept on the woman's face as she looked at the swordsman. Shifting her weight, Teion gave the other two players a small nod in greeting.

No doubt about it now, both are from the Celestial Ascendant, and at the very least, the blond haired player is indeed a front-liner, which raised a question why would someone like him wandering around here. They mentioned of a quest, the <<Falling of Tagas>>. Maybe that's the quest that he's after. If anything, if a frontliner is after the quest himself, that could only means it's far from a simple quest. "Maybe it's best to tag along with them."

"Greetings. My name is Husky. Pleasure to have your acquaintance. It's an honor to finally meet with a Frontliner in flesh and bone." Husky bowed, greeted Beatbox. "I do believe you two are trying to take on the <<Falling of Tagas>>. Maybe I could tag along, since I'm partaking it myself." The brunette asked in a more friendlier manner. Just as he finished, another player approached the two. It seemed to be the girl Beatbox has mentioned while talking with Shield. He would never expected to be Teion.

The new player was a bit of a wildcard so far. Shield's greeting had been more or less ignored, while he had decided to greet Beatbox after the fact. It was strange, but of little consequence for the time being. As Teion joined them he raised a hand in greeting.

"Nice of you to join us, Teion. Well, if this is our assembled group, then I'd say we should be set on damage," he said with a confident nod, his dark eyes, reflecting the stormy atmosphere of the floor. "Brokers say this one hits pretty hard, but I should have no problems with it."

He turned once again to Husky, as he had introduced himself, regarding him with benign interest. There was no malice in his gaze, but his set jaw and analyzing eyes tended to come across as more stern than he usually intended.

"I don't mind tag-alongs," he said, looking momentarily to Beatbox and Teion. "I think we've each done our share of helping out players who need it, so as long as there's no ill intent, I'm fine with your company."

Spoiler

Swapping gear:
- Razor Ire, - Bloody Hell, + Seeking Aura, + Finder's Keeper

ID# 82567 results: Loot: 7 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 12 - No Chapel

"In either case," he went on, turning back to the others, "What do you say we get this show on the road?"

He pulled up his HUD, trying to piece together the scattered pieces of information that the brokers had managed to recall, but for some reason, nobody had specific information, and some accounts had directly contradicted one another. He picked a direction that seemed to be unpopulated on the map, hoping it might prove to be a hiding spot for the concealed chapel.

@Beatbox

Edited by Shield

Beatbox opening his inventory and placing one of his simple LD buff candies into his mouth he had begun to help Shield in finding the hidden chapel, and despite Shield not being able to find the chapel himself, Beatbox had pretty much found it almost instantly. He had tapped Shield on the shoulder and said to him "Uh, over there bud." he had said as he had placed a hand on his hip as he looked back at Shield then back to the Chapel "Looks like we got some questin' to do today boys." he had chuckled. Then he had looked back to Teion "You comin' with? It'll be a cake walk I promise." he gave her a warm smile then looking over to the new player and said politely to him "If you'd like to come with to, you'll be safe I promise, with Shield as our wall, and me to deal the damage, we'll win easily." he had said with a smile.

@Teion

-----

Item Consumed: Somewhat Healthy Candy [+1 LD]

ID: 82568 - LD: 19+1=20 YO WHAT UP

"Pff," Teion scoffed, a rare reaction from the violet-haired woman. "Don't let those levels go to your head, now." She offered the blonde a half-smirk as she followed after them. The group was more or less established now, and taking on a quest with three players she was comfortable with at once was an unfamiliar experience. The woman brought up her menus, sending off a party request to each of the three men. Once the party was set up, she pulled her weapon from the sheath on her back and held the black scythe in front of her as they walked. What a fitting weapon for a floor plagued by the undead.

It didn't take long for the group to find the chapel, and although Teion was following after the other players, it was clear this was their first objective. As with a lot of other quests in Aincrad, she assumed the next step was to enter the church and cut down anything that got in their way. As always, the blacksmith scanned the area as they traveled outside of the small safe zone that Angel's Point had provided. She wasn't going to miss out on materials for her shop just because the game had thrown around some dead bodies and skeletons here and there. A fleeting reflection of light caught her eye, and Teion quickly moved to unearth a small piece of ore from the dirt before adding it to her inventory.

@Husky

Material Gathering:

Spoiler
  • ID#: 82572
    • LD: 17 + (2 Skill) + (3 Equipment) = 22 - Success!

• Teion: (2) T2 crafting material

OOC: just quick reminder that the floor required 20+ LD to find a mat, but yields 2 for every successful attempt

Following closely behind the party, Husky stayed rather quiet. He hadn't spend much of his time around people all a lot. When the time come, he's more than uncertain of what to do. The group didn't take too much time to find the chapel where the boss resided, or at least what seemed to be. Such a large structure out in the middle of nowhere, no way could it be an empty building for decoration. There's more to it, he was assured.

As the group approached the large chapel, Husky could see on each side of the large doors stood two rows of statues, representing the fallen angels of the place. They have tainted white wings; a hood covered their face, revealing only their mouth. All wield longswords, the blade tainted with darkness, much like their wings. "Well, here we are. I believe the quest continued inside the place. Just watch out for any gatekeepers." Husky suggested. He remembered what Beatbox said, refrained himself from charging forward and wait for @Shield to lead the way.

Edited by Husky
Spoiler

ID# 82586 results: Loot: 10 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 15 - No Materials (0 total)

As then designated taker of the punishment, Shield walked out in front of the other players, givinv everyone a clear view of the great turtle that he carried on his back. Norbert, meanwhile, swiveled his head around as best he could to look at the other players before opening his mouth in a clear warning for everyone to back off. Keeping his ears and eyes peeled for any signs that he needed to take out his weapons.

Standing in front of the stone double doors, he pushed with both hands. With a heavy grinding and scraping of stone on stone, they swung inward, and he stepped cautiously inside. It wasn't that he was in any particular danger. From the information he had received, he had fought far more dangerous foes, but it was still possible to be caught off guard and put at a disadvantage.

"How did you come to find this particular quest, Husk?" he asked in hushed tones. "It's a bit of a prize among front liners, in particular because of the items it yields. Teion is here on invite, but you were here when I arrived."

@Beatbox

Edited by Shield

Even despite finding the chapel so quickly, they had seemed to stay out of the chapel so far, and tend to other things for the moment. Beatbox didn't have a problem with it sure... but still, it was somethin' he just wanted to get out of the way and now he has to wait before even taking it on... for now Beatbox was going to suck it up and just do whatever they need to do for the given moment. "So. Any particular reason for not enterin' the chapel? You got another thing on ya agenda today? I'm down for anythin' else that needs to be done before hand, I just need to know on the game plan. Even if technically we shouldn't have found this chapel so quickly." he had chuckled as he had looked around and back to Teion "Nah, I'm not lettin' my level get t' my head, the boss raid is coming up quickly, and the last thing I need to do at the moment is screw it all up." he gave her a warm smile with a chuckle.

@Teion

A small smile found its way to Teion's expression as she spotted the turtle strapped to Shield's back. She couldn't help but think the animal was rather cute--his abrasive personality was perfectly countered by his inability to act on it, whether due to his player's intervention or his own slow movements. Her attention was drawn back to the chapel itself when the brunette in question pushed open the stone entrance.

"Whoa..." The woman breathed out once the party had stepped foot inside the massive church. Albeit dusty and decrepit, cathedrals were still impressive structures, or so Teion thought. The few stained glass windows that were still intact allowed what little light that could be found outside to stream in. The ceilings were high, littered with cobwebs, and allowed their footsteps to echo lightly. Once the conversations died down, Teion found a moment to speak up. "So... What are we looking for in here?"

Material Gathering:

Spoiler
  • ID#: 82572
    • LD: 13 + (2 Skill) + (3 Equipment) = 18 - Fail!

• Teion: (2) T2 crafting material

The inside of the chapel was massive. An old red carpet stretch from the entrance of the place all the way to the podium under a giant cross. Wooden benches all scattered; the wood had been eroded, adding to the dying, abandoned theme of the entire place. Letting out a light whistle, Husky could hear his voice echoing back. "I'll be damn." The brunette was amazed. Something like this would take an abundance amount of time to even code.

When Shield finally come around to ask Husky of his reason to partake this quest, the Warrior have nothing to say. "I... actually don't have much of a reason why." He explained his reasons. "I saw the quest while checking some information from the broker, and it have my interest. I never really thought of it much when I take on the quest.

"Supposedly, there's a hidden room that the boss reside within the place. I guess we could start from there." The brunette replied to his partner's question. The place is massive, so finding this hidden room is certainly not an easy task. However, most pathway that ascend to the higher floors had crumbed away, so at least they only have the ground floor to work with.

@Shield

Edited by Husky
Spoiler

ID# 82678 results: Loot: 20 + 5 = 25 - +2 Materials (2 total)

Swapping Gear:
-Seeking Aura, -Finder's Keeper, +Pain Drinker, +Bloody Hell

With no real way to gauge his level simply from his garb, Shield had no reason to doubt that he was appropriately leveled for the quest. The response dismissed any doubts that he had on the matter. He turned his attention to the quest at hand, pacing slowly along the back of the room. Most likely the entrance would be nearer to the front of the chapel, but in quests on more sinister floors, it paid to question the base assumptions.

As he passed by the end of the pew and rounded the corner to the next row, he spotted a glint below the pews. A faint glow issued from his earring, indicating that it was indeed worth investigating. Kneeling down in the leg space of the row, he fished out a crystal that was solid black in hue, and entirely opaque. Glancing down at the floor, however, there was yet another glint in the dim light, and sure enough, a second, identical crystal resided right beside where he had found the first. He stored both away before straightening back up and continuing along the aisle as before.

With the scarcity of materials so far, however, Shield decided it would be best to be prepared for combat, which seemed considerably more likely than materials. He swapped out his gear, equipping his axe and shield.

@Beatbox

Edited by Shield

Beatbox had looked over to the newer player, Husky not really now anything about this quest at all, then back to Shield expecting for him for a simple reply... however, that reply had not come. With a grin, Beatbox had looked over to the Chapel as Teion looked at awe at the chapel, he had looked back to her with a chuckle "Well... we're from information from an Information Broker I heard from the other day, we have to go through 2 mage guardians I believe their called, I dunno. But our main target is Tagas, and it is apparent, that we defeat him before he goes full corrupt, or defeat him while he's fully corrupted, however I want the better reward from it all. So then I guess our only option is to wait it out to kill em." he had looked back to the door and then back to Shield, was he looking for something in specific? Or was he just spending time he shouldn't be?

@Teion

"Mmm..." Teion mumbled lightly, rocking back and forth a couple of times on her heels. "So we just, look around?" She questioned, her legs beginning to move and slowly carry her to the far right side of the chapel's interior. Teion walked and searched the area with half-interest, cobalt eyes scanning her surroundings for anything of interest, anything out of place, or anything that looked like a passageway to wherever their destination would be. Beatbox had mentioned something about mages, but nothing she saw suggested any use of magic nearby--no doors frozen-over, no enchanted pieces of furniture, no cursed tomes that looked as if they would open a portal to Niflheim.

Just as she was about to wander back to the middle of the room, a wooden surface caught her eye. Teion spotted what looked like a couple of wooden planks in the ground underneath a fallen piece of cloth. 'A trapdoor?' She thought with curiosity, leaning over to toss the cloth aside. There was, in fact, wooden planks hidden beneath the drapery, but to her disappointment, they were not the door leading underground that she had imagined. The woman gave the loose pieces of wood a light kick with her boot to nudge them aside with a small huff of air.

@Husky

Dungeon Search:

Spoiler
  • ID#: 82799
    • LD: 10 + (2 Skill) + (3 Equipment) = 15 - Fail