[PP-F2] Why am I saving her? (Itzal, Neabaz) <<Let There Be Light>>

Spoiler

<<Let There Be Light>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2
This quest is repeatable for Col only

This RP will not count in the benchmark

tumblr_m4xz7qzTO41r1v8ydo1_500.gif

You have been approached by a worried NPC Mother. She is erratic, and asks you to help find her missing child. She tells you that her child was playing in one of the caverns on the second floor with their friend, but they were attacked my monsters, their friend got away but they are still missing. As you approach the cave you realize that it's pitch black inside and that it has affected your mission with vision disabilities.

Requirements:

-Rp must be at least 1 full page long (21 or more posts)
-Due to the cave's darkness and there being no light, any players that chose to enter the cave receive a -1 debuff on all dice rolls unless they have <<Night Vision>>.
-
You must fight two <<Giant Bats>> 
-You must find the lost child

Giant Bat Information:

<Giant Bat> is a Field mob and has the following statistics:
Giant Bat: 50 HP
Damage per Attack: 20

Rewards:

1. 1 Skill Point.
  2. A Col Value of your Loot Dice multiplied by 25

Solo Mid level player or a group of low level players is advised
Recommended level: 5

The cloudy sky loomed overhead, threatening to rain. Neabaz had a mug of ale in his hand as he sat on the bench. He had no problem with the rain, in fact, he quite enjoyed it and was looking forward to feeling the cool sensation on his skin. He took a gulp of the frothy ale, The consistency isn’t right. It's too thin, and doesn’t have nearly enough froth. I really should become a bartender soon so that I may show these heathens how real ale tastes He chuckled slightly, his nonchalant facial expression showing just openly the content sate he was in.

Someone approached him, a lady who was crying You have to help me” she said, attempting to talk through the tears M-my little girl… she has gone missing. Please, you have to save her before she dies Neabaz stared at here blankly before giving her a grin. I could but it won't really matter right? She will die someday anyway, by helping her I would be denying her the sweet embrace of death. Then who would be the monster? Those who captured her? Or me? There was no evil intent in his eye or his voice. Instead the words that came out of his mouth seemed to be pleasant, cheerful, as if they were supposed to cheer this lady up.

@Itzal

Edited by Neabaz

Itzal was looking for a good restaurant to have lunch in.  To be quite honest he had switched and searched for so long, Itzal really should begin looking for a daily place he could hang out.  It would definitely make everything easier.  It would definitely make Velnia happy.  As he leaped from roof to roof, scanning the buildings around, Velnia flew along his side.  Every five minutes she would run into Itzal on purpose to remind him of her growling stomach.  "Yeah yeah I know.  One of these days I'll teach you how to have patience."  Velnia, his purple dragon familiar, snickered before shooting off and flying all over the place.  Itzal shook his head with a chuckle and continued to scan.  He noted a woman running into a bar in tears.  Itzal followed his initial instincts which was to go in and check to see if she was alright.  He leaped from the roof, landed and rolled, before making his way into the building.  Once he passed through the doors he noticed that the woman crying was an npc.  He identified her further as the npc from a particular quest he knew well.  He noticed the player she was talking to as well and waved with a smile.  "NPC trying to get you on a quest eh?"  Velnia flew in, the bartender growling as the last time he recalled her presence, she took three of his items and juggled them while flying over and under the ceiling fans while they were active.  Velnia of course, paid him no mind.

@Neabaz

A pop-up appeared in front of Neabaz,

“Let there be Light” You must find and save this little girl from a cave and the monsters within. Do you accept?

Someone had approached him, the man seemed to be cheery enough. Taking a sip of his ale he hit accept. Yeah, It probably is about time for me to get off my butt and start becoming stronger. But, then again, I only want to get to a higher floor to get more customers when I start my Tavern. Neabaz stretched, a warm smile on his face. I am Neabaz, who are you?  He held his free hand out to the stranger. He was glad to have been approached by someone. It wouldn’t have been long before he began to dwell on his own loneliness. You seem to be a much higher level than me. Not that that is a challenge to do, I am only level one He said with a chuckle What brings you to this floor?

Neabaz’s messy hair and intentionally sloppy style set him aside from others. The large battle axe next to him was almost as tall as he was.

(Note: this picture is an accurate description of his clothing)

Spoiler

551a7033ede79731f1ec1155a49ecb29.jpg.e2f131bc7d78f00de920d7cba44384f9.jpg

@Itzal

Edited by Neabaz

The player took a sip of what seemed like an alcoholic beverage before replying to him.  Itzal hadn't had alcohol as of yet, but at the same time he knew that the game removed all effects of alcohol.  Most people he knew who consumed the product tended to do it because they wished to forget something.  If that was taken from this player, why then was he drinking it?  Did it taste good?  Was it some form of addiction?  Itzal stopped his thought process from wandering any further.  He sometimes lost track of his thoughts and wandered to entirely different topics from time to time.  The player mentioned how he had to start getting more active if he ever wanted to reach a higher floor for his tavern.  Itzal nodded.  "An object in motion tends to stay in motion.  Applies to a great many things.  I'd be happy to help you jumpstart.  Let me know when your tavern opens up as well.  I won't have any alcohol of course, but I always love checking in and sharing a conversation."  The player then guessed Itzal's level and he nodded, listening further as a question was brought up.  "I'm usually around here.  Still trying to discover all the different restaurants and such, keeping an eye out for anyone who might need help.  I know some players don't want assistance but that doesn't keep me from trying."  Itzal watched as the npc thanked Neabaz multiple times and patted her on the back.  "Don't worry mam, we'll get your daughter out swiftly.  I promise you she won't be harmed."  He turned to the player who introduced himself and shook his hand.  "My name's Itzal.  Nice to meet you!  And the hyperactive dragon over there is Velnia."

@Neabaz

Edited by Itzal

Neabaz looked at the man, giving him a firm handshake Okay, Itzal, I appreciate the interest in coming to my Tavern and a jump-start would be lovely. I don’t mind you joining me. But explain to my why it is such a big deal we get the daughter back? It is not like her death will change our lives. Not to mention we would just be damning her to a life of hatred and pain wouldn’t we? Neabaz wasn’t intentionally sounding accusatory with his words, in fact his tone was still very cheery and pleasant. You see, that is what I don't get about them frontliners. They strive to leave this world, to postpone the inevitable, we are all going to die anyways, and when Mistress Death finally does come for us, wouldn’t they rather be living happy lives then struggling to stay in a world that owes them nothing? I mean, what is the difference between the quote “Real world” and this one? We live our lives the same, we experience life the same, so how is this virtual world truly different from the one we think we came from? Neabaz grabs his Battle axe and starts to walk to the destination, assuming Itzal was following him as he did so.

@Itzal

Itzal was a bit shocked at Neabaz's words, but let him finish sharing his thoughts.  He always let someone finish their side of the story before sharing his.  To some extent Itzal could understand where the player was coming from, but then the issue was that it looped on itself.  If he felt that lives were worthless, then why didn't he kill himself?  It was because humans were created to live, to strive towards something.  Itzal of course knew exactly what he was striving for.  He had discovered his life's purpose inside this game yes, but it wasn't in the game he needed to exist.  "I can understand to some extent where you're coming from but hear me out:  First of all, many players in this game want to escape because they have loved ones in the real world.  I have a sister and two parents who all love me.  Some want to get out because they want to do something.  I discovered what I want, and need to do in the real world, and I can't do it if I'm dead or trapped.  In response to the differences of the game world and the real world, there is a difference.  One of the differences is people can't reproduce in here.  Another is that the sensation of pain, alcohol, all of that is nonexistent.  But the biggest one is this:  Things you do in the real world tend to change it, whereas this world can't change a bit.  You could try but the world ends up the same.  Because it was programmed that way."  Velnia flew over and landed on his shoulder.

"Earth has been tainted by sin since the beginning.  Nothing we do can change that.  There will be pain and suffering yes.  But even if we give up on life, there are so many people who wish to live on.  If I see someone who's suffering I do my best to aid that person.  If they sought death they would have committed suicide as so many other players have done.  Yet everyone else?  They all have hopes, dreams, something they feel they need to accomplish.  Whether they think it will be worth it in the end or not is up to them.  But the least I can do is give them the chance to make a choice, rather than have it forced upon them."

@Neabaz

Edited by Itzal

Neabaz was getting lectured, this was new for him. Most people just backed away from his philosophical ramblings but not this kid. Neabaz turned around to face Itzal, a massive grin on his face. He places the large battle axe on the back of his neck and walks backwards. “First off, I like your spunk, you are the first person to challenge my beliefs in quite some time! As I say, true philosophical progress can’t be accomplished without a good counter argument! So let us commence in our philosophical beliefs and discuss the meaning of this poultry thing called life!” It took every ounce of energy Neabaz had to keep from shaking in excitement. “I will ignore the thought of Sin as I do not believe in a God so I don’t believe sin exists. If by sin you meant evil then maybe but at the same time evil is a subjective term. As for wanting  to get back to the real world, you say that you have family there and things in life you wish to enjoy. But if you can die at any second, why should that stop you from enjoying your time in this world? Is it not just as likely that you will die from us beating the game as it is for you to die in the ‘real world’ when you die in the game. Kayaba could have just as likely lied to us about dying in the game equals death as he could have beaten the game equals life. So if you are so hell bent on getting back to the real world, how can you be so sure that you are doing it the right way?”

@Itzal

Itzal took note that this player was glad he was giving a counter argument, though all Itzal was doing was answering his questions honestly.  From the players words and reaction it seemed that most players avoided talking with him.  He listened to the player's response and processed it (swiftly as he usually did) before answering this reply.  "I acknowledge that you don't believe in God or sin, I was simply adding my own personal thoughts on the matter as it was required for me to answer honestly.  As for this world, I am in no way squandering my time here.  I have went ahead and made a temporary life for myself in this world until I've returned to the real one.  As for the risk of death, all I've ever done in the real world before SAO was gaming, and after lots of training my chances of dying are pretty slim unless I do something stupid.  When you mention how Kayaba might have lied, that is definitely a possibility.  However, the way he designed this game.  The process, manner, and way he explained what was going on.  I strongly believe he intended for the game to be beatable, just with great difficulty."  Itzal stretched as they continued to walk, Velnia flying through the branches of the trees.  "In regards to the manner of escaping this game that all depends on what you mean:  Do you mean the pace and determination?  Or were you referring to how we spend all our time here?  Or both?"

@Neabaz