[PP - F04] Snowstorm <<Avalanche>>

Ruby absolutely... HATED this floor, she liked to where her typical clothing but today she had to wear a heavy winter coat and better suitable gear to handle with this kind of weather. She had shivered a bit but she was a though girl, she could get through this weather. However she was here for one reason and one reason only... and that was to fight the boss on this floor named the "Avalanche" however not the Absolute Zero variant, even though she is level 40... she has literally no real equipment with enhancements at the moment and she doesn't quite believe in her skills at the moment. However she wanted to spent a moment to get a little more warm and get a drink or two while she was at it, so the pub was where she was going... despite this floor being the most popular... its a little slow today. She had took a seat on the bar stood and said out to the man "Just a sweet wine if you don't mind." she said out to him.

@Hei

It was a cold, but sunny day on the fourth floor and Hei was feeling the warm sun on his face. He loved this floor, at least since he had his new cloak. - What a wonderful weather to wander around the snowy plains and have a look at the big icicles glowing in the sunlight. But before I leave, I should pay a visit to the local pub, has been some time since I've actually been here - he thought, while he wandered through the settlement. When he arrived at the pub, Hei entered quietly and had a look at who was there.
It didn't take long for him to notice a blond haired woman right at the counter. He looked around and had to notice that there weren't many other people and so he went over to the bar, and took a seat, so a single barstool was left between him and the woman. Towards the barman he said "Could I please have a tankard of hot mead?" and then turned towards the woman and introduced himself. "Hi, my names Hei and I'm from the Emerald Harbingers " he pointed to the emblem on his mantle " I've never seen you around here before, but I could bet, you take a break from the cold outside." he added, in hope that he could start a conversation this way.

"As you wish." the man had spoken to Hei as he had placed his order, Ruby didn't think much about listening in on what other people order's but when there is nobody in the bar... its kind of hard not to hear it. Then she had looked over as the man began to introduce himself, he was straight forward to say the least but hey she gave him a little credit for doing so. She had offered him a smile and said to him "Why hello Hei, its a pleasure to meet you today. Emerald Harbingers you say? Can't say I know that guild. And yeah... I hate this floor. I am only here to get some questing done is all." she had said as their drinks had arrived. Ruby had grabbed her glass of fine sweet wine and gave the man a thank you and a wink before taking a sip of the wine, and boy did it taste good. She then placed the drink in front of her and said as she looked over "So what brings you around this floor? Got somewhere to be? A hot date in a few minutes?" she chuckled.

@Hei

It looked like he hadn't been to straight forward with just introducing himself, as the woman smiled at him. She looked good with, especially with a smile on her face, and so Hei spaced out a little, admiring her looks, so he didn't realized that she had already begun talking to him. the first he heard was her saying, that she didn't knew that guild - What guild, ... wit, probably the Harbingers. what have I already missed? - he wondered. Then the woman told him, that she hated this floor and was just here for some questing. While she was taking a sip of her wine, Hei remembered the last time he had been here for questing and how much fun Stryder and he had had fighting the ice elementals.

Then the barman but a steaming tankard in front of him and he thanked the man, he was just taking a sip, when the woman asked him, what he was doing here on this floor, ending her question with asking if he was here for a hot date. This got Hei and he had to gulp down the hot drink not to choke on it. "Ah, well, I ..." Hei said, before shaking his head "There is no one waiting for me, I just came here to cool down after being on the fifth floor. " he again shook his head "What did you say your name was? And what quest were you planing to do?" he then asked, and took another sip of his hot mead.

Ruby had chuckled after he had choked on his drink from her comment or question that she had exchanged to him. "Ahhh... I gotcha, Floor 5 is more my style to me. I don't have to wear all this heavy clothing." she said hating this coat wanting to take it off but she would be too cold otherwise. So it was damned if she did, damned if she didn't. Ruby had gotten a grin as she had forgotten to introduce herself but her grin quickly turned back into a smile "Ah ah, so sorry. The name's Ruby. And I was mainly looking to do the Avalanche. Not the re birthed Absolute Zero, the beginner or- rather... easier variant of the Avalanche, just trying to get some SP to get some of the things I need for my build. I am getting pretty well off when it comes to my build." she said pretty proud of her current build and how it has been growing. She had taken another sip of her drink and eventually took another, and eventually placed it back down... she wanted to enjoy this drink.

@Hei

Hei was beginning to enjoy the mead, it was a great mead and one could really taste the honey. And so he wasn't to unhappy, even with Ruby chuckling and making fun of him. When she then told him, that she hated to wear heavy clothings like the coat she wore at the moment and that she actually liked it at Floor 5, he was getting really interested. He didn't wear much heavy clothing either, but he still thought, that the desert's heat was nearly unbearable.
After a short time she told him, that she had forgotten and that her name was Ruby, which made Hei smile. - Now I already know two girls named after gems, must be some kind of trend within this game, or with girls in general - Then she told him, that she was going to kill Avalanche, and that she would just do the normal version of the quest. When she stopped talking and took another sip of wine, Hei said "What a coincident, I already did this quest once, so I can show you where to find Avalanche, and as I am not finished with my build either, I could use some SP too. So do you mind if I come with you and help you find the fieldboss? And by the way, what do you mean with not the rebirthed version?"

Ruby had listened to Hei speak as she had slowly taken sips of her wine and she was surprised that she had no idea about the re birthed boss, she had looked over after taking another sip and said "Recently in Aincrad, 3 bosses have been seen with Evolution. The Wasp Queen, the Sand Shark, and well as you guess the Avalanche, I have heard they are extremely hard though." she had said with a look that puts emphasis on hard. She eventually nodded her head and said to her "I would appreciate the help, it's better than doing it alone I suppose. Guess where gonna party for a short time Hei." she said as she had opened her menu's and sent a party request to Hei. She took the drink in front of her and finished it off, it was quite refreshing and she did like the taste a lot. Its a blessing that you cannot get drunk on Sword Art Online, that would lead to dangerous situations.

@Hei

Hei hadn't heard of the rebirthed bosses, so he was glad, that she had told him. "Thank you very much for this information, I was at the desert quite some time and I hadn't have a lot of contact for quite some time. I'll remember it and look out to not meet one of these rebirthed bosses till I'm strong enough. " he then drunk his mead and when Ruby accepted his help and sent a party invite, he accepted that. Now that he was in a party with her, Hei could have a look at her equipment when he opened his menu and he did so, as he always tried to have as much information about everything. When he saw that Ruby wasn't well equipped, he said "Would you like to start hunting the ice itself? Or would you like to get a little bit of better equipment first? I could borrow you something from my shop." And so he waited for her to decide, finishing his nice hot mead

Ruby had nodded her head as Hei had thanked her for the information that she had shared. "Nah there is no need to thank me, its fairly common knowledge. I have never actually gotten to see what the boss looks like or how strong it is but... I can only prepare for the worst I assume." she chuckled. The bartender had gotten back to Ruby and asked of her is she wanted another drink in which she had stated out to him that she was fine and didn't want another drink. She then looked over when Hei had asked of her if she wanted to borrow something from her shop and she had said out to him "Thanks for the offer, but I am trying to save up to get some equipment anyways so I'll remind myself about that when I get the funds to do so. From what I have heard the Avalanche should be easy enough where I can do a pretty good amount of damage towards it... or at least thats what I heard." she said out to him stretching her arms upward before standing up.

@Hei

When Hei had finished his mead and Ruby had told him, that she wouldn't borrow equipment from him, he was getting ready to leave for the hunt. When she then told him, that she would be able to do some great damage, even though she hadn't any good equipment, Hei was thinking about Stryder, who always fought without a real weapon. - Maybe she's a martial arts person too, that would explain why she doesn't like thick clothing, as it would hinder her movements. - Hei closed the Mantle he was wearing over his armour, so the cold wind wouldn't be able to crawl into it and make him shiver. Prepared like this, he went over to the door and hold it open for Ruby. "We've been here long enough to get warm, now let's find some manifested frost to show it how less you like it" he said with a big smile on his face.

When they had left the pub, Hei lead them trough the settlement towards the eastern exit, as this was the way they had to go, to find the icy cave, where he and Stryder had found and fought the "Avalanche" the last time. While they left the settlement, Hei looked for suspicious bumps in the snow, where he might be able to find something helpful. And indeed he was lucky, after just five minutes he found a bump that actually was a piece of ore he could later exchange for some fabrics with Eatos, their guild's smith.

Spoiler

ID# 86952
Loot: 12+3 = 15 -> found 1 T1 mat

Edited by Hei

"Well I would at least hope so, I hate the cold. I like wearing more light and well... more revealing clothing to be a little more blunt. It's just I feel more natural in them is all." she said following up behind Hei down the path towards the Icy Cave, almost immediately did she feel like she was starting to feel cold, she had began to shiver just a tad bit, not so much where its unbearable just enough where she doesn't like it at all. Eventually they had stopped because he had stopped to get something presumably a material of some sort. Eventually they had gotten their way into the cave where the Avalanche lays, and boy does it live up to its name from what she had heard. It sure does look scary, however from what she had heard... its actually a pretty simple boss to tackle. She had looked back to Hei, she wonders what he could manage to do damage wise, because she knew if she could hit it would become more so on the lines of a one shot, but she was just simply curious of ones power.

@Hei

-----

Ruby - HP: 800/800 - EN: 80/80

Hei - HP: ???/??? - EN: ??/??

Avalanche - HP: 100/100 - DMG: 40

They were standing in the cave, just where Hei and Stryder had been, when he first had killed the Fieldboss, but this time, there was no need to kill some smaller elementals first to lure it in, as it already was standing there, looking dangerous and scary in all it's icy magnificence. As Ruby wasn't wearing enhanced armour, if she wore armour at all, Hei was going to get the Bosses attention, so she could do her damage without having to fear a counter attack  of the monster. "Ruby, I'll distract it so when we fight it'll only attack me, or so I hope, but first I have to change my equipment, so my armour will protect me. " and with these words Hei opened the menu and equipped the black leather bodyarmour. He also took his spear into his hand and the seven spiky tips somehow looked as if they glowed.

When Hei has all his battle gear equipped, he runs at the fieldboss, charging a Dragonfly Cutter and his spear begins glowing in a dark violet. The moment he is close enough to reach the ice elemental, he releases the attack and the spear thrust forwards. When the spearhead connected with the icy body, a high pitched sound could be heard, as a big crack appeared all over the monsters body and it's HP dropped down into the yellow.

Spoiler

ID# 86953
Battle: 9 -> crit (+1) -> (8+1) * (4x2) -> 72 DMG + Stun -> 28/100 HP

-----

Ruby - HP: 800/800 - EN: 80/80

Hei - HP: 320/320 - EN: 21/32 - HEAT:2

Avalanche - HP: 28/100 - DMG: 40 (Stunned)

Edited by Hei

Ruby didn't give the boss much thought, if the boss was going to be easy the boss was just going to be easy there is not much changing that fact upon it. Then from next to her Hei had spoken up, it wasn't like she couldn't handle a hit or two from the boss, matter of fact Hei is probably unaware that she's actually level 40 with an impressive amount of skills at her disposal along with a fair amount of SP left over. She had looked over to see him pull out a one handed assault spear and take out a surprising amount of damage towards it... looks like shes teamed up with a DPS in the making. However this didn't stop Ruby herself from attacking, her entire arm had glowed a dark red as she tried to swing at the Avalanche with All Might, however she ended up not hitting it due to the bulk of her clothing. She had looked down and hated it for a moment, but on the plus side the boss couldn't attack Hei, thats something to take home.

@Hei

-----

ID: 86954 - BD: 5 - MD: 1

[H:0] Ruby - HP: 800/800 - EN: 78/80

[H:2] Hei - HP: 320/320 - EN: 21/32

Avalanche - HP: 28/100 - DMG: 40

When Ruby came closer to attack the boss, her arm began glowing red and Hei thought - Looks like I was right, she really is a martial arts person, let's see how well she can use her skills. I think Stryder did like 50% HP damage just with a single kick. - but he got disappointed, as Ruby's attack did miss the boss completely. - I could wait and do nothing much, to see how strong she is, but I think it wouldn't be a good Idea to let it break free from it's paralysis. I don't want a giant chunk of ice hitting me. - and so Hei began running around the monster which slowly began to regain it's ability to move.
When he was at the back he charged another swordskill and his weapon began glowing in a dark green, that made one think about death and decay, and then he jumped up into the air. When he was close enough to hit the fieldboss, he released the power of a Soul Pierce and with one heavy thrust, the spear entered the crystal body and made it explode into pixels.

Spoiler

ID# 86955
Battle: 7+3 -> hit -> 8*(1x5) = 40 DMG -> 0/100 HP -> Dead

[H:0] Ruby - HP: 800/800 - EN: 78/80

[H:2] Hei - HP: 320/320 - EN: 17/32

Avalanche - HP: 0/100 - DMG: 40 Dead

OOC: avalance was stunned in your post and so It wasn't attacking at all
And you forgot to change the HP from 100/100 to 28/100 in the stats

Edited by Hei

OOC: Posted it in like 4 am in the morning, give me a break lol.

After her attack she had slowly gotten more and more annoyed by these damn clothing that she had on, she just wanted to get out of this clothing as quickly as possible. However the boss wasn't done and over with so they still had work to do, however Hei on his last attack managed to successfully kill the beast... she placed a hand on her hip as she offered a smile to Hei "Whoa there tiger, didn't know you were that strong. I applaud your power." she chuckled before clicking the okay from the rewards page that had appeared in front of her. She then wanted immediately out of this cave and back to warmth, she had walked towards the exit and looked back to Hei and said out to him "Can we please head back into town? I don't wanna be in this cold for long, I absolutely hate this cold weather." in a complaining tone, she didn't wanted to be in this kind of weather anymore she just wanted OUT of this area and to warmth.

@Hei

When the pixels of the exploded fieldboss finally disappeared, Hei turned to Ruby and saw her standing there, a hand on her hip and smiling at him. - I bet that looks so much better without all the warm clothing, but still, a woman's smile is the best ... well second best reward for anything - he thought while he looked at her. She then complimented him, but Hei wasn't sure how serious it was, as her words sounded like she made fun of him, or some strange way of flirting, he wasn't to sure. When he saw her pressing the ok button for the loot, he realized, that it was right in front of him too, and he hurried to press it.
It was a sure thing, that Ruby wanted to get out of the cold, as she immediately started walking out of the cave and towards the town. Hei, who had lost initiative when watching her, was a few meters behind her, when she turned around and asked him to hurry, so they could get out of the cold as quick as possible. And who was he, to deny a woman's wishes, so he hurried to catch up to her. 

While they were walking through the snow, heading back to the settlement Hei asked "Ehm Ruby, will you stay here in the pub for a few drinks with me? Or are you leaving the floor as soon as possible?"

Ruby had looked back to Hei in which had caught up to her asking if they wanted to get a couple of drinks, its sounds to her that someone's getting a little attached to her, however she doesn't want to break the news to say that shes a homosexual, however she didn't want to jump to conclusion. And while she didn't have a problem with slamming down a couple of drinks today since there's not much time left in the day, and luckily there is no way to get drunk in this game so there is no consequence for drinking a lot... she just wants to get out of this heat. She had looked back to Hei and said to him with a shrug "Eh, I can go for a couple of drinks. There's nothing more to the day and I can't get drunk so I'd be down with slamming a couple of drinks." she then kept moving forward eventually making it back to the main settlement, they had gotten back to the same pub that has gotten a couple more people as she had sat down at a seat and asked for a sweet wine.

@Hei

Hei was happy to hear, that @Ruby was going to stay with him, so he wouldn't need to find someone else to talk to. He followed her back to the pub they had met earlier and thought - She is nice, but I don't know if she is serious about the game, maybe she is one of those, who still don't really believe in the death game thing, or maybe she is just confident in her abilities, which I don't really know. As I did all the damage, I couldn't see how strong she is, but she acts tough. If she is as strong as she acts, I could ask her to join the guild, she would be an asset to our power -  and so he followed her into the pub. A few more people had gathered here, and as it was becoming evening, there would be music, if they would stay long enough. Ruby ordered sweet wine and as Hei was a little cold, he ordered another hot mead, as he had done earlier. "Well, that fight did go well, didn't it" he clumsily tried to start a conversation.

Edited by Hei

Ruby had looked over to Hei who had lazily tried to start a conversation with Ruby, she had grinned but eventually let out a single chuckle shaking her head "Don't know how to start conversations huh? And yes, the battle did end pretty well." she had taken a sip of her wine and said to him with a giggle "Here, how about this. I see a guild marker next to your health bar and you said you are from a guild named Emerald Harbingers, how about you tell me a little about your guild you are in Hei." she had smiled "That's a good way to start a conversation if you ask me.", "I have been giving joining or starting a guild some thought, however I haven't heard much from anyone about any guild so for all I know there is no guilds that I am generally just not interested in joining to be fair with you." she had said explaining her situation with guilds, she wasn't opposed to joining a guild matter of fact she was the complete opposite, she wanted to find a new guild to try to ignore what happened with her old group.

@Hei

Hei's black hair fell into his face, when he lowered his head to hide the face he was making, when he thought that she was right and he was silly for not being able to think about that himself. When he looked up again, he smiled and had a sip of his mead. The comforting warmth that expanded into him made him feel good, and his face showed that, also talking about the guild shouldn't be so hard, as he really liked it. "You're right, I am part of a guild called the Emerald Harbingers, and it would be a pleasure to tell you about them. At the moment we aren't a big guild, and we aren't frontliners. We fight to get stronger and the lead concept is to help weaker players grow and become strong, just as meeting new friends and helping each other. I myself are duke of the pen, which means, that I am the one who will organise guild events as well as make notes of everything that happens when the high council meets. If I could interest you in joining the guild, I would love to invite you to it, but if it is to much at the moment, we can stay in touch and you could join later on. " after Hei had said all that, he hoped, that his knowledge about the guild was enough to answer possible questions, and take a deep sip of mead.

@Ruby