[PP-F4] Connections through Fallen Comrades (Ryo)

Hikoru gave a sigh as he sat at the bar of the pub. Although he would usually be training to get stronger for the upcoming boss fight, he knew that rest was needed along with the training. He decided to spend his evening here at the pub, his usual hideout that he stayed at when he needed to drink his stress away. He didn't really get the alcoholic affects of the drinks, but it still helped to calm his nerves. Beatbox really was dead. After that incident, he had a decal added onto his cloak. Two crossed daggers with a star in the middle. It represented his fallen comrades, and he close to keep this symbol for as long as he wanted to. Until he felt that he had avenged their deaths. He took another shot as he asked the bartender for a large drink and waited for it to arrive.

He looked around and didn't see anything really interesting that he hadn't seen, most of the stuff he saw just brought back sour memories of people that he had lost or had gone MIA on him. He wished he could speak to all of them just one more time, but he knew his dream would never become a reality, which made his time in here bitter sweet. His drink arrived and he took a swig, waiting for the hours to drone by

@Ryo

Edited by Hikoru

Ryo rubbed his arms for warmth as he entered the pug. "Jesus. Hell itself couldn't be colder if it tried." He said as he shut the door behind him. The pub was dingy, at best. Roy looked around, at least the place was warm. How could he have fallen asleep, he cursed his stupidity. He sat down at the bar, and tended to the low coffers of his wallet. "Not eve a five hundred." He moaned as he ordered a water from the bartender. He looked down the bar, eyeing people. There were a few bums, and a few other just escaping the cold as he was. Then there were the shifty ones. One played with his knife in the corner, another was counting coins, and the other was next to him. Blue cloak or not, the man looked shifty. Was it a man? Ryo could barely tell, even when looking at the hands he couldn't tell. He shifted over a few seat, closer to the person. "Hey, psst." Ryo said, trying to get the persons attetion. "Don't take this the wrong way, but I can't tell. Are you a boy, or are you a girl?" He asked outright.

@Hikoru

Hikoru heard the doors open and looked to see a player enter. He seemed cold and gave a sigh as he was a new player, probably without the survival skill that made you essentially impervious to the cold of the fourth floor. He gave a sigh as he took another chug of his drink, and the young player asked him if he was a boy or a girl. He grit his teeth and looked over at the player with eyes of steel and malice.

"I'm a man thank you, and that's not a good way to make friends. Might want to work on your social skills." He said, then went back to his drink. He seemed much too flashy for his taste, and the boy seemed very incompetent from what he could tell. The player didnt even have the sense to tell a boy from a girl. Then he set down the drink and spoke without looking to the player "And that's no way to talk to a frontliner. Make that mistake and it could be your last."

@Ryo

Edited by Hikoru

Ryo leaned back in his chair, almost sitting up straight. "I apologize, just figured that if you were a woman, then today would be a bit better. You know?" Ryo said, adjusting his position. His body stiffened though as soon as the men mentioned that he was a front liner and that he shouldn't make the same mistake again. Ryo adjusted his collar. "Well, as I have aspirations of going to the front line I plan on taking the correct measures." But, Ryo thought. Blue cloak, blackish hair, and a frontline at that. News articles and artist depictions mentioned him, but nothing really showed his face. "Say, you wouldn't be that 'Master of Shadows' guy that everyone's been rumoring' about would ya'?" Ryo asked, snapping his fingers. "However, Last Master of Shadows looked a bit different than you. He had sandy hair, and was had a better sense of humor." Ryo said, taking a drink from his water.

@Hikoru

• 4 weeks later...

Hikoru listened to the young mans words and just gave a small sigh. He was used to cocky players, but none like this. It wasn't always about picking up chicks and staying safe. He gave another sip of his drink when he asked if he was the "Master of Shadows." He only gave a shrug and continued to drink, that was, until he spoke of Lowenthal. Immediately he grabbed the player's shirt and looked into his eyes, flaming with anger in his own.

"Don't you ever.... Speak of his name. You cocky son of a-... You watch what you say, or else I will drag you out of this down and throw you into a sub-dungeon to rot and die. Don't try me, because I have multiple maps around here and multiple places to dump your body. Your one, and only, warning." He said, then threw him back and returned to his drink. He didn't want to ever hear anyone of his personality to speak of Lowenthal, as the player didn't deserve such players speaking his name. He was a kind soul, and this player seemed as so much of a play boy it made him sick. If he didn't kill him now, he would be sure to hunt him down later if anything was said about his ex-mentor and brother in arms.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryo saw the man's hands spring into action, grabbing the collar of his shirt. Ryo swallowed his spite, and set his drink down slowly, the moisture on the cups side sliding down to the counter. "So, I am unable to talk about a friend who died a needless death if only to appease you? Forgive my irrational thinking, but you're an ass." Ryo said, turning his head to face the man. "Lowenthal was a great man, a better man than you, and a much greater man than I. But I'll be damned if I'm not able to talk about him, just because some uppity frontliner tells me not to!" Ryo shouted, pulling himself free from man's grip almost falling backward. "Threating people with death you don't know in the slightest. You think he would stand by that!?" Ryo shouted at Hikoru. This man was not what Lowenthal told him about. This person in front of him was different. Grief affects everyone differently, but this drastic of a change. Either way, Ryo wouldn't stand for that. "You call him your friend? You're nothing compared to him! You're nothing but a pale imitation living in his shadow!" Ryo shouted, preparing for the worst.

@Hikoru