[PP-F1] The Young and Bold -Trixie and Myself-

It had been quite the long day for Domarus.  He had recently finished aiding a player in finding and winning over his familiar.  Unfortunately for that player, his impatience only earned him a vanity familiar.  A creature that would not give him buffs or enhancements of any sort.  In addition, the other player who came along to 'aid' was a rather annoying player that Domarus did not wish to see any time soon.  He wanted to create a guild as well, and his reasoning for this guild was pathetic.  Wanting to help lower leveled players?  His guild would get crushed before the strength of Domarus' own before long.  However the only real issue was this:  Domarus needed more members in order to set up the guild in the first place.  The details for the guild itself were prepared and ready for activation though, so that was one upside.  Domarus was walking through the town, looking for somewhere to spend the rest of his evening.  He figured he'd skip the bar today as he was ready for something different.  He wasn't wearing his armor, but rather a simple black t-shirt with black pants.  He had sent Keres to the shop in order to handle customers that may or may not arrive there.  On his shoulder was his familiar, Rhozarth.  The fire dragon wasn't wearing it's armor and continuously scanned the crowds for any that may be future followers or allies for Domarus.  Eventually Domarus chose a random restaurant and walked inside as if he had chosen that place in particular.  The entire time he was in the town he held his perfected mask of kindness, treating everyone with kind words and encouragement.  The truth?  Domarus could care less what happened to these people.  They hid in the walls because their fear was greater than their strength.  Pathetic he thought for perhaps the billionth time this week.

@Trixie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trixie had been walking through the Town of Beginnings again after her little trip to Floor 3. Despite it being nicer up there, it was ultumately safer to stay on floor 1 until she got some levels. She felt guilty about it, just sitting on the sidelines, waiting for the game to be beaten. The sun was starting to set, so Trixie started to look for a place to sit down and recharge her batteries.

Trixie walked through the streets, not really seeing anyone besides NPCs. She hardly knew anyone, but that was a bit of her own fault for isolating herself for a long time. Trixie was walking by one restaurant in particular when she saw what looked like fire through one of the windows. She walked over to the entrance and walked into the restaurant, relieved that there wasn't an actual fire, but it was just a player's dragon. The fire dragon caught Trixie's attention however, so she walked up to the player with the dragon and sat down in the seat across from him. "That's a cool dragon you got there! What's his name?" she asked, pointing towards it.

@Domarus

Edited by Trixie

Domarus was contemplating on what he should order.  Whether it be something expensive or cheap, simple or fancy, there were consequences to actions.  He believed he should do something that was less expensive, as he wasn't yet in a position to be dining on the luxurious foods...  Yet.  He was about to flag down a waitress when he noticed a player walk into the restaurant.  She appeared to be in her late teens with pink hair, purple eyes, and at least two feet shorter than Domarus.  Mari, Esther, and now this girl.  What was it with women choosing pink hair he thought to himself.  What surprised him was that she walked straight to his table, to which he responded by straightening himself, slipping out of his deep thoughts, and watched with mild surprise as the girl sat down opposite to him.  What surprised him further was that she only came to talk about his familiar.  Rhozarth stared at her, it's eyes narrowing.  Most assumed right off the bat that the familiar was angry somehow, but in truth the familiar was merely analyzing the girl.  Domarus kept his normal mask on and appeared to be a tad bit surprised.

"Uh...  His, name is Rhozarth..  And my name is Domarus.  May I, ask who you might be ma'am?"  His days seemed to have nothing but surprises in store for him.  This could prove annoying, but it also proved beneficial as he needed more allies in this world.  And besides, one does not make an assumption based on appearance alone.  His eyes never broke contact with hers, as he knew eyes were the windows into the soul of others.  He knew this all to well, which was how he was able to master altering his eyes as well.  No one could do so perfectly, but he could easily keep his eyes appear calm when he was actually infuriated.  Or avenging when he honestly could care less about the fools.  Others, however, have not even thought of practicing this.

@Trixie

Edited by Domarus

Trixie giggled right away when Domarus called her a ma'am. She was hardly ever called that. "Ma'am? That's awfully polite of ya. Just call me Trixie, I'm not really one for formalities. Nice to meet ya Domarus! You too Rhozarth!" Trixie responded. She then reached over across the table and patted Rhozarth on the head softly.

Trixie looked back at Domarus and stared into his eyes the same way he was doing to her. She had no idea why she was staring, but she just wanted to copy him. His eyes seemed calm, but Trixie had no idea how her own eyes looked. She sat up straight and tried to look a little bit intimidating, but she didn't know how Domarus would look at it.

After a good 20 seconds, Trixie turned her attention back to Rhozarth, who also seemed to be staring her down. Trixie couldn't help but giggle at this. "Rhozarth is just so cute, I can't take it!" Trixie exclaimed, trying to hold back a smile.

@Domarus

Rhozarth normally would roar and lash out at the action of petting him.  He was a very proud, and very strong creature, and he despised being treated in such a manner.  However Domarus made it clear this was unacceptable in public.  Thus all he did was flare his eyes dangerously, obviously not enjoying the pet gesture.  Domarus had made a deduction on her.  While she was in her late teens, it appeared she was still a bit childish.  When she began to mimic Domarus she only confirmed it.  He stopped staring, shaking his head and putting on an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, most people don't usually spend much time with me.  I'm, still getting accustomed to this.  Nice to meet you Trixie.  Although I must warn you about Rhozarth.  He's a very proud creature..."  He then watched as she burst out a comment about Rhozarth being cute.  Rhozarth would accept multiple descriptions of himself, and even tolerate some for the sake of Domarus' reputation.  However cute, was not among them.  He began to emit a low growl before Domarus snapped his fingers.  The growl ended, but the staring did not.  Domarus sighed.

"I apologize for his rudeness.  Uh, did you want something to eat?  We were just about to order.  On me if you'd like."  Despite the girl's immaturity, and despite the fact that Rhozarth was probably hating Domarus for testing his limits, this girl may have her uses.  For one if she decided to join his guild, not only could she increase their reputation greatly, but that would be one less person to look out for.  He needed four players minimum to start up the guild, and he was planning and hoping to increase that number over time.  It was his goal that his guild would eventually reach the point where they were greater than all the other guilds.  Especially the Knights of the Blood Oath.  It was clear that they would be his main rivals.

@Trixie

Trixie realized almost right away after her comment about Rhozarth being cute that she should stop. "Sorry about that, I went too far on my comments. I couldn't help myself." Trixie apologized, looking away from Rhozarth's stare. Domarus had stopped with his stare, so Trixie dropped her stare as well.

Trixie put her smile back on and listened to Domarus. "Oh, ya don't have to apologize. I get it, some people just don't hang with others much. You've probably spent more of your time with Rhozarth than with anyone else." Trixie replied, giving him a quick wink.

Domarus then offered if she wanted something to eat, in which Trixie gladly shook her head to. "Sure, I was actually looking around for a place to eat, so this works. I'll just have whatever you have." Trixie said, rubbing her stomach a little bit. She was pretty hungry, but she wouldn't take advantage of Domarus paying for the food.

@Domarus

Domarus watched and although she stopped her comments and the way she looked at him, it was clear to Domarus that she wasn't discouraged.  She simply understood the situation and adjusted to it.  To be quite honest Domarus was caught off guard by this sudden spike in maturity, and quite impressed by it although none of this showed outwardly.  Perhaps she could be of more use than just increasing the guild's good reputation.  Yes, far more use.  Depending on if she was good at combat, she could be a warrior, but he saw her more of a business woman.  A negotiator.  She may also make an excellent addition to the market section of his guild.  At any rate she was proving to possess much more potential than before.  Rhozarth seemed to notice this as well, as he lightened his leering gaze...  Slightly.  He smiled.

"It's alright.  Rhozarth rarely likes anyone to begin with."  Domarus heard her comment about his time with Rhozarth as well as the wink.  He began to chuckle, turning into light laughter for a brief moment before shaking his head.

"Nah, not quite that.  I thank you for it though, it's been a while since I've laughed."  When she nodded and asked for whatever he was having, Domarus nodded and flagged down a waitress.  He ordered a hamburger with pretzel buns and tater tots on the side.  Water would come on the side of course, completely free of charge.  He leaned back and smiled.  

"This particular meal is something I had in the real world.  Place had the best hamburgers I've ever had.  I wonder if Kayaba managed to duplicate it perfectly..."  He looked at Trixie.  Now to get a few answers.

@Trixie

Trixie laughed a little bit when Domarus said that Rhozarth rarely likes anyone in the first place. "I had a cat in the real world who was exactly like that. She hated almost everyone she saw. The A.I. did a pretty good job at replicating that trait." Trixie joked, still trying to avoid Rhozarth's stare.

Trixie was pleased with herself that she had managed to get a laugh from Domarus, and just nodded her head when he thanked her for it. "Hey, making people smile is what I like to do. So laugh away if you want, but you don't have to if you don't want to." Trixie said before Domarus started to order the food.

He explained to her that he had a meal like this in the real world, to which Trixie shrugged. "I dunno about burgers, I don't eat 'em much. I had some pretty great burgers when I visited my cousins in America, so hopefully the burgers are good in-game too." Trixie said as she leaned back in her seat as well.

@Domarus

Domarus listened as this player described an animal she had in the real world.  While she was beginning to share details of her life in the real world, at least, tiny details, Domarus knew such actions wouldn't effect his guild or his reputation.  If she did join him, he doubted she'd be much of a threat to his reputation.  At any rate, Rhozarth was not amused, but at the very least stopped staring at her, and instead began to scan the area around him.  As he usually did, while Domarus and the girl talked, he would scan the crowds both inside the restaurant and outside, for strong players or something/someone suspicious.  Domarus decided to show some interest in this cat of hers, as if he were interested in her and her life, although he really wasn't.

"A cat?  may I ask what her name was then?" 
She then appeared pleased with herself after getting him to laugh.  It almost seemed as if she knew just how difficult it was to make him laugh, at least for real.  He could imitate a real laugh, as well as the physical reactions of an actual laugh, but rarely did he laugh for real.  It was normally due to hearing someone speak some utter nonsense and stupidity.  He heard her mention how she lived somewhere other than america and thus didn't have much to eat.

"I don't mind laughing Trixie.  And if that's so, if the game duplicated the flavor accurately, then you'll soon have a new favorite meal.  Would it be too much to ask which country you live in?"  Domarus was extremely secretive, but the best disguise and hiding place was within the truth.  He had formulated the perfect way to discuss his real life story, without information that would give away his hidden plans.  The best part was that the story felt natural, because it would be natural for most people.

@Trixie

Trixie started to relax a little bit more as Rhozarth stopped his staring at her. Rhozarth then asked about her cat, in which Trixie was glad to answer. "My cat's name was Trixie. Before you ask, yes, I named my username after my cat. It's a little silly, but that's just what I did." Trixie answered.

Trixie then thought to her plans of doing the feeding the enemy to get a cat, but it would be a bit awkward naming the familiar Trixie. "I don't mind saying what country I come from, I'm probably gonna die in the game anyway. I come from Japan, but I logged in from Canada so I could get the game easily." Trixie explained.

Trixie was looking forward to having a burger, rubbing her stomach briefly. "So, anything you wanted to ask while we wait for the burgers?" Trixie asked, hoping to continue the conversation.

@Domarus

Upon Rhozarth's change of attention she had clearly relaxed her body, and possibly her thoughts as well, more than likely because she either felt uncomfortable at being stared at, or she detected his frustration, or analytical reasons.  The fact that Rhozarth wasn't giving Domarus any signal at all made him believe that Rhozarth's duty was clouded by his annoyance with the girl.  She then told him that the cat's name was trixie, and before he could make any sort of response she declared that it was silly.  While it was indeed a silly and rather pointless decision, it told him a bit more about her:  She was strongly connected with the real world to some level.  Whether she would share all of this information with him or not was to be seen.  Before he could make a reply however, she told him two vital pieces of information:  she was from japan.  And she was probably going to die.  Domarus didn't really care whether she died or not to be honest.  Unless she proved useful, and unless he was willing to get up and do something, she pretty much sentenced herself to death.  However he could use this to warm her up to him further...  He imitated a look of surprise at this comment.

"What?  Why on earth do you think your going to die?  Is it a lack of skills?  A lack of friends or allies?  Or is it something in the real world that's happening?  Or perhaps, do you not want to return to the real world?  I can help you with most of these areas if they are the case."  He said nothing about her homeland, but it told him a little more about her.  He couldn't determine her personality, but he could definitely cross out certain personalities with what Japan's culture and people are like, and summarize the more likely personalities she would have.  Despite having crossed many out with what he's learned about her thus far, and her nationality, the list was still rather long.  Then she gave him the green light on questions and he nodded slowly, as if still recovering from her pessimistic view on her future.

"Well, besides getting out of this game, what are you hoping to accomplish?  Making friends?  Gaining strength?  Respect?  Or perhaps a successful business like some players?"

@Trixie

Trixie listened and was surprised that Domarus was surprised at what she had said. "It shouldn't come as that big of a surprise. I just have hardly any friends in this game. Some players seem so determined to get stronger, I just stay away from them. I'd rather not get in the way." Trixie explained, frowning a little bit. Trixie then looked at Domarus, trying to fake a smile. "I'm not getting in your way by being here right? Sorry if I am." Trixie apologized in advance.

Domarus had then asked her what her goal was in SAO. That was tough, but getting out of the game was hardly one of her priorities. "My goal? Mainly to make friends. I didn't plan on taking this too seriously when I bought it. Just didn't know that it was gonna be a death trap. I've been planning on getting strong enough to where I can work as a mercenary, or just join one of the other guilds. I've been considering Knights of the Blood Oath. Have you heard of them?" Trixie asked, as her smile was already starting to come back.

@Domarus

Domarus decided this time to listen the whole way through before he said anything.  What he heard sounded, logical and illogical at the same time.  He hated such matters, they were annoying to decipher.  It was logical in the sense that without allies it would be nearly impossible to survive this world.  That was one of the reasons he used manipulation and deception in order to obtain followers and allies.  However.  It was illogical because she believed she got in the way of other's attempting to get stronger and it was pathetic to hear such a statement.  He needed to find some way to change this girl's perspective..  Then again if he went around changing everyone, then people could begin to grow suspicious.  He gave a smile and shook his head slowly.

"No, you are not getting in the way.  I get stronger by meeting others and training by their side.  I grow stronger by meeting new people.  If you don't have any friends, I wouldn't mind being one of them.  If you're ok with it that is," He said with a smile.  This girl seemed, at least, somewhat naive.  He doubted it would be hard to get her to do so.  Then he heard her next words and upon her finishing, his eye twitched slightly.  He was annoyed with the guild to say the least.

"Yeah...  If you feel the way you do, then avoid the knights of the blood oath.  They're more of a military guild, striving for high levels, all the greatest rewards, and they boast a lot.  Last time I saw them was during a sea boss event.  Players were retreating because the boss turned out to be more powerful than they were prepared for, and one of the members was mocking and insulting all who fled."  While the conversation started rocky, Domarus was able to spread seeds of destruction for his rival guild.  At the same time these seeds were truth.

"Although, if your ever interested, I am planning on starting a guild myself.  While yes, we do intend to have a front line branch, we also plan to have a mercenary branch, as well as a marketplace, where players with professions can sell items together.  It is my intention and hope to keep a steady flow of materials, allowing shopkeepers to continue to craft for incoming customers, in a way that the prices can be low enough."

@Trixie

Trixie immediately jumped on the idea of being friends with Domarus. It made Trixie feel a little bit better that Domarus had told her that she wasn't getting in the way. "Thanks, and I'd love to be friends with you. Well, anyone works for me, but I'll gladly be your friend. I'll just send you a friend request then." Trixie said as she opened her menu, then opened her barren friends list. She then proceeded to send a friend request to Domarus, a small window appearing in front of him with the request.

Trixie then listened to what Domarus had to say about the Knights of the Blood Oath. She had never heard these kind of things about the guild before, but she believed him and nodded her head. Domarus had then brought up his own guild he would be starting soon, which got Trixie a bit excited. "Ooh! Your own guild? I'd love to be a part of that. I think I would be good in the marketplace. In the real world, I was in a clan for this game called Splatoon. I wasn't the best, but others said I was great at deceiving the enemy and tricking them into revealing their strategies. Maybe I could snag us some sweet deals like that!" Trixie suggested, snickering a little bit at the end.

@Domarus

Domarus watched as she replied and literally jumped at the opportunity to be his friend, almost immediately sending him a friend request.  The girl was obviously relieved, to some extent, most likely about how Domarus informed her that she would not be getting in his way.  In fact, no one could really stand in his way, only delay him.  The moment she sent him the friend request he selected accept, increasing the size of his own by one.  It was his goal to make most of these names on his list members of his guild, and or personal followers if possible.  He would be doing whatever he could to make that a reality.  He was glad to see that she believed him, it was clear as day.  What was making this even better was that she seemed excited to join.  And even further still, she basically just gave him her skills and a reason to pull her in even more.  Of course, he never cared for the game splatoon.  He preferred games that were less cartoonish.  He smiled before replying.

"Well then, if you're that interested I'm certain we could work something out.  If you'd like I could also help you get your profession.  And while the guild's methods are geared towards the more honest and, equivalent exchange route, perhaps after the guild is established we could discuss your skills a bit further." They would definitely be working on her skills he thought.  If she honestly was willing to help him fool others into revealing their plans and or strategies then she could be extremely useful to him.  That's when the food arrived.  They each received a plat with a hamburger in a pretzel bun, with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, and whatever sauce they preferred, whether it be mustard, ketchup, mayo, etc.  There was also a small bowl filled with ten tater tots.  And yes the game duplicates the taste perfectly.  Domarus grinned when the food arrived and nodded to Trixie.  

"Go ahead!  Try it out."

@Trixie

Trixie leaned forward in her seat and got a big grin on her face once she saw Domarus accepted her friend request. Trixie looked back at her friends list and closed it. She was doing a good job at hopefully getting on Domarus's good side so far, that's what Trixie thought at least. Domarus then stated that his guild was more leaning towards honest exchanges, making Trixie sigh a little bit. "Okay, I'll still be good in sales though. Yeah, maybe sometime I could get that profession with you. Do you need a blacksmith in the guild? I could make that my profession if it would help more." Trixie asked.

Then the food came out and Trixie licked her lips a bit. Once the server left, Trixie put some mayo on the meat, then took a bite. Trixie chewed and swallowed, almost looking as though she would explode from joy. "Wow! It's pretty good! I didn't expect in-game food to be so good!" Trixie exclaimed before taking another bite.

@Domarus

As Trixie showed her glee and joy to having a player accept her as a friend, she listened to what she had to say before sighing.  Domarus couldn't help but wonder if this girl wasn't as innocent as she lead others to believe.  Perhaps, in time, he could discover exactly what she was, and who she was, without her noticing his own corruptive side.  Domarus did not believe in a light verses dark war.  What he knew was that man was corrupt, right from the very beginning.  Even the 'good' kids had a bad side.  Just as a coin had two sides to it, so did every human.  Domarus was able to keep his manipulative side completely hidden from everyone who mattered up to this point.  And he didn't intend to stop any time soon.  She mentioned to him that she could still be useful in sales and asked if they had a blacksmith at all.  He shook his head in response to that.

"At the moment it's just myself and my friend Aereth.  I'm an artisan while he is a tailor.  We need four players minimum to start up the guild unfortunately however.  And something tells me I need to up the pace.  I even placed up notices to any players interested."  And while it was only the first day since, he was rather annoyed that he hadn't received any message or confrontation about the matter.  He at least expected someone to come asking about the guild.  Then after she took a bite he saw the joy erupt from her as she declared the game's success.  Domarus chuckled before taking a bite himself and nodded.

"Indeed.  Since the game is directly connected with your brain's nervous system it can give you the sensation that you are tasting anything.  Therefore the system can have any type of flavor you can imagine.  I'm just surprised that they made this food accurately."  He took another bite, thinking about the girl.  He could easily convince her here and now to join his guild.  It wouldn't take much.  However he didn't want others to believe him to be the type of individual who would push others to get what he wanted.  Granted that's what he did, in very subtle and unnoticeable ways, but he refused to let others see that.

@Trixie

Trixie set the burger back down on her plate and listened to Domarus. Aereth, she thought had heard of him before, one of the big league people Trixie figured. Now that she thought about it, was Domarus one of those top people? "So, since it's just you and Aereth, I can be part of the guild too right? I didn't really see the notices. If you want, I could tell others about it. It wouldn't be too much trouble for me to do." Trixie offered, trying to help in any way she could.

Trixie then picked her burger back up and took another bite. She got a big grin again, but didn't burst out with praise this time. "I'm surprised the food is made accurately too. I feel sorry for the developers who worked on this part of the game. It probably took them a while to program this." Trixie said before taking another bite.

@Domarus

Domarus watched with curiosity as she placed the food back down on the table, seeming to take on a business like manner which genuinely surprised him.  Then she pretty much asked him if she could join his guild.  He should have expected she'd ask him sooner rather than later, but it was no big deal.  In addition she volunteered to spread word about his guild to be.  He knew that she would be very useful to his endeavors, and while she learn a thing or two in the ways of persuading others, or so it seemed to Domarus, she could definitely be made into a follower.  The question was, would she be willing to follow him to his dark goals as well?  How would she feel it she learned that Domarus intended to grow his power until he ruled the world, quite literally?

"Anyone can join the guild, albeit so long as they aren't killers that is.  And I doubt you are a killer now right?"  He laughed lightly as he thought about the boy that Aereth and Domarus were hunting.  They had removed a sort of orange guild recently that kidnapped children and used all sorts of methods to twist their minds, turning innocent children into serial killers, skilled in stealth, persuasion, deception, manipulation, backstabbing, the list went on.  These children were the most deadly they had seen thus far.  One of them escaped and Aereth and Domarus were attempting to track him down.

"And there won't be a limit to who an join either.  If you want to share the news to people I think that would indeed help.  And yes, it's the thousand details in this game that I believe would be the most difficult to design.  What I wonder is, the person who created the nerve gear device itself and not the game.  Was it Kayaba?  And if not, did the developers know that it could easily be altered to destroy the mind?"  

@Trixie

Trixie continued to chew and listened to Domarus as he told her that anyone except killers could join the guild. Trixie's eyes widened a little bit at the word killer, and she birefly choken on the meat she was chewing. "Ah, sorry. But yeah, I'm not a killer yet, so I think that works at well right?" Trixie joked, laughing lightly with Domarus as well. Trixie took another bite of the burger after a waiting a few seconds, just to catch her breath from choking.

Trixie then nodded her head to Domarus saying that there would be no limit to how many people could join. "That's great! I'll try to get your name out there then!" Trixie said before taking one more bit of the burger, she was now half-way through her burger at this point. "I dunno what would be harder, I'm no programmer. But making all these details sound like a pain to make." Trixie replied, leaning back in her seat a bit more.

@Domarus