[F3-PP] <<Elvish Rivalries>> War Never Changes (Telrenya)

A slender, gloved finger ran down a list of, what appeared to be quest names, the man looking at the document looking concerned. "You're telling me that all of these quests were added after this long? A lot of them seem to be for beginners." A hooded girl leaned over the bench Jomei was sitting on, resting her crossed arms on the back of the seat and placing her chin on her arms. "Guess it was Cardinal's way of trying to get more people off their asses and onto the front lines faster." Jomei hummed in curiosity as he continued down the list before going back up to some of the lower leveled quests. The hooded girl looked around, "Come on, get a good look before someone sees. You know that I could get in trouble for sharing this type of information." Jomei nodded and closed the list, sending the document back over to the information broker. "Thanks, I think I saw what I wanted." Standing up from the bench, he took a few steps forward before he heard the broker clear her throat. Turning around, the girl was tapping her foot with her hand out, waiting for payment. Jomei sighed, "Just put it on my tab Argo. I'll come pay you later." He gave the girl a sly smirk and a wink. The broker looked troubled before dropping her hand and sighing, "Alright fine, but next time you pull this, you'll have to take me out to dinner or something." The ginger waved before heading off towards the warp pad, where he would teleport down to the third floor.

In a flash of white light, the tall player materialized into the center of the city of Delilah. "Alright.. now to find these elves." Jomei said to himself, under his breath." Equipping both his sword and armor, Jomei began to walk through the main settlement of the Third Floor, looking for any sign of Elves in need.

@Telrenya

Delilah had quickly become the settlement that Telrenya called 'home'. Besides the quaint, peaceful atmosphere it seemed to radiate, the floor's population of Elven NPCs had the woman enamored. Her experience with games was limited, and she wouldn't have been able to give a certain answer if someone were to ask her favorite genre. But the fantasy elements that littered Aincrad fascinated her often.

She had just left her humble Artisan shop, the door closing gently behind her, when a figure made an abrupt stop beside her. She must have gotten in the way of the NPC's path, and despite the Elven woman being brought to a halt, Telrenya gave a small start at their near-collision. "Oh! Oh gosh, sorry--" She cut apology short as she realized what exactly had happened. Telrenya let out a small breath that she had been holding. "Ahh, just an NPC." She mumbled to herself with a small sense of relief.

"Please, won't you help me?"

Telrenya looked up to the woman with long cream-colored hair and pointed ears. She suddenly wore a concerned expression, and her hands had reached out to clasp one of Telrenya's. "Wha-?" She hadn't gotten the full syllable out when the Elven woman pulled her hand closer to her, staring at the blonde with a look of desperation in her eyes. "The King! He is looking for adventurers like you to aid us in the war with the treants!" The explanation only left Telrenya more confused with the situation. "Oh, u-uhm..." She stammered, nervously averting her gaze from the cerulean eyes that stared into her.

The wandering minstrel continued his search for the NPC whom he would acquire the quest from. His eyes lingered back and forth from either sides of the road as he looked for the elves. However, he started to feel a bit lost, and his face showed it as well, when he soon realized that most, if not all, of the NPCs on this floor were of the pointed-ear race. He let out a heavy sigh, looking towards the ground, "Gah, this is going to be a bit tougher than I thought. Maybe I should have just taken one of the more obvious quests." 

His ears perked when he heard the sound of a woman pleading for help just off in the distance. Straightening out his spine, the man looked around for where the voice came from. A few shops down, the man spotted an elven woman, her eyes looking desperately into the eyes of a blonde haired woman as she asked for her help. This must be the NPC he was looking for, however, what caught his interest more was the player she was speaking with. Jomei had recognized the armor and hair of the woman. His lips stretched into a bright smile as he took up a quickened pace towards the two. 

Jomei heard the blonde woman stammering at the NPC's request for help. Placing a hand on each of the woman's shoulders, he stepped just to her side and replied for her. "We would be more than happy to help you out." His olive eyes then shifted to Telrenya with a smile for a greeting. 

Telrenya tensed up when she felt a force pressing lightly against her shoulders, and a presence looming behind her. She suddenly felt surrounded, with the Elven woman's sad, piercing gaze boring into her from the front, and an unknown figure that had approached behind her. But suddenly the figure had a voice, and a familiar one at that. Telrenya's head swiveled to the side to catch sight of Jomei's smiling face and she felt the sense of relief wash over her. She almost let out a laugh as her nerves subsided, but the gentle squeeze of her hand still being grasped by the Elf kept her on the task at hand.

Instead of a chuckle, the blonde simply took on a bright smile in return, feeling thankful to see the ginger again at such a time. Meanwhile, the Elven woman's expression morphed from desperate to grateful. "Thank you, brave heroes!" She released Telrenya's hand and brought one leg behind the other in a quick curtsy. "I am an envoy for the King, sent to the villages in search for heroes who would aid our cause." She went on to explain the situation in great detail: the war between the elves and treants, the woodland that they once called home that had been overrun, and the task that the two players would be asked to complete. Once she was finished, she stood before them with her fingers laced together in front of her chest, and a quest prompt appeared before each of them. Telrenya thought to hesitate for a moment, but with Jomei standing behind her she pressed the small blue circle to accept with a bit more confidence. When they had made their selections, the woman thanked them yet again before turning around to walk back the way she'd come.

Telrenya turned towards the Irishman know, her smile widening. "Well, hello again!" She said brightly, clearly both surprised and happy to see him. Her expression shifted only slightly as she added on with her unavoidable concern. "You're sure we can do that, though? I'm not even sure what level it is." She admitted, bringing and hand up to gently slide over the back of her neck.

Once the woman had taken notice of the ginger, he let go of her shoulders and stepped out to her side. He listened to the elven woman carefully as she explained what is was that she asked of them. She told the story of how the treants were taking the elves home from them, and the two races have been at war ever since. The king of the elves was requesting help from adventurers willing to take part in this war and drive the treants back and secure the woodlands for the elves once again. Jomei listened with his hand on his chin, covering his mouth. Once the woman had finished detailing what it was she was asking of them, a small quest box appeared in front of both Telrenya and Jomei. Elvish Rivalries, it read, with a small blue circle prompting Jomei to accept. Taking a quick look over at Telrenya, he saw the girl confidently tap the button. With a smirk, Jomei did the same. 

After accepting the quest, the woman thanked the two once again before making her leave. Jomei crossed his arms as he watched the elf walk away, before turning his head to face Telrenya as she greeted him. His smirk turning into a smile, the irishman turned the rest of his body to face her. "I came out here looking to take on this quest, didn't expect to run into you. But I'm happy I did." he finished with a chuckle, "Looks like we will be heading back out on another quest again." The blonde woman seemed a bit concerned though, as someone of her level should be when accepting a new quest. She was not entirely sure of the level one needed to be to complete the quest. "No need to be worried." the man replied confidently, "Unlike fighting the queen, where I wanted to see your strengths, we will do this quest together. I still won't let any harm come to you." he said with another smile. 

"Good timing," She responded when Jomei had mentioned he was looking for the very quest they had just accepted. The man was just as friendly as their last meeting, and for a brief moment Telrenya wondered if she should be surprised at the kindness of the people she had met thus far. Was it the shared, grim situation they found themselves in that resulted in more honest, helpful people? It was hard to say, but for every kind-hearted player Telrenya met in Aincrad she wished a little more that she could have played with everyone under more normal, non-life-threatening circumstances. 'I can't get too comfortable.' She reminded herself. 'I have to find him, if it's the last thing I do.'

A newfound sense of determination seemed to course through her. The woman nodded at Jomei's continued reassurance with a small smile. "Perfect! Shall we?" She laced her fingers together behind her back before they would set off for their first objective.

"Let's seeee..." The word hung on her lips as Telrenya flipped through the quest information that was made available in her menus. The screen hovered in front of her, following the light bobbing motion of her torso with each step forward. "Looks like it's just a list of targets," She stated curiously. "but it's not very clear where they are. Maybe at that waterfall she mentioned?" She threw out the idea, recalling the brief description of her 'home' the Elf had given to them.

Just as the girl smiled and nodded at Jomei with a sense of confidence at the situation, Jomei did the same. "Alright. Let's get going." The irishman walked along side Telranya, his eyes still scanning the surroundings on the town as they marched down the path that would lead to the rolling meadows that surrounded Delilah. Slightly, his head shifted to look to the side to see that his companion was staring at the hovering box in front of her that contained the information they needed for this quest. The girl told Jomei that the information was simply a list of monsters they would need to track down. Now curious, Jomei swiped his hand upward and flipped through his menu to get to the quest information himself to confirm what she had been saying. "Hm." Jomei said as he looked at the contents himself, "Teant soldier...treant commander... treant king..." No information leading to where exactly they would need to go. However, that did not concern Jomei at the moment. If this quest was supposedly any harder than the last they had done together, he was quite thankful that he had ran into Telrenya before she left for the quest without him. With a sigh of relief through his nostrils, he swiped his fingers downward, dismissing the floating screen in front of him. "Waterfall may be a good place to start." 

The pair followed the path through Delilah, which eventually brought them out of the city and into the fields of green, littered with flowers of different kinds. Jomei looked around to see if he could catch any sign of these treants, or any other elves that could answer any questions. Bringing his fingers up to his lips, he let out a sharp whistle, calling his tawny owl down from the skies. "Adere, keep a look out for any of these treants. If you see anything suspicious, come let us know." with a hoot of understanding, the owl shot back up to the skies and flew ahead of them towards a forest. The man continued to walk with his hands in his pockets, "So.. have you gotten to any other quests since the last time I saw you? Or gotten any practice in with the rapier?" 

She eyed the owl curiously before it vanished back to the skies. She thought for a moment about how useful familiars must be before her apprehension towards animals forced her to try and change the topic on her mind. Luckily, Jomei provided a distraction for her just in time. She took on a thoughtful expression, recalling all that had happened since their first adventure with the Queen.

"Oh, I managed to finish those other beginner quests." She noted. "And a couple of others up to here. I haven't gone past the third floor, though." She admitted sheepishly. She assumed she was perfectly capable of traveling to the other floors, and the safe zones would mean that she had no need to worry about her safety, but for some reason she hadn't brought herself to venture farther up from Delilah. Her progress felt slow at times, but she wasn't going to let herself get so discouraged. "And practice... Maybe a little bit." She gave an embarrassed smile. "I've been trying to make something with Accuracy, but I've been really unlucky."

The man was happy to hear Telrenya's response. He did not take the girl to be the lazy type, or to not listen to Jomei's words of advice, but to hear that she had taken care of even that much in the short amount of time since they last met made him glad. He bore a toothy grin, interlocking his fingers behind his head, "Well at least you got some quests down, more experience points is just as good as practice in my book." He was not even entirely sure if 'practicing' was something you could really do in this world, aside from getting used to the command prompts and the Cardinal system. 

The girl, being an artisan, mentioned to Jomei that she had been trying to make something that would help boost her accuracy in battle. The man nodded his head in understanding, for he knew very well the pain she was going through. Before he found the build he wanted for himself, he had trouble hitting his targets as well. He came off as quite clumsy in battle, falling all over the place and not being able to keep a hold on his blade. Thanks to the many different things that SAO offered, however, it was now very rare for Jomei to miss his mark. The irishman took the side of his cloak and pulled it to the side, showing Telrenya an emerald shaped like a four leaf clover, which hung from a chain on his belt. "Items like that come in handy. This one here does just that, boosts both my accuracy and evasion." He let his cloak fall back into place, smiling at the girl. "You've only just started with your craft, I'm sure you'll find luck some day."

Before long, the two had entered the forest. As they continued down the beaten path, Jomei kept his eyes peeled for some sort of stream to help find this waterfall. He stopped when he began to hear the sound of water rushing. The man slowly brought his right hand across his body and grabbed the handle of his rapier. Jomei held it in place, ready for anything. "Be ready, I hear the waterfall. And with all these trees around, those treants could be anywhere." Jomei whispered to his traveling companion.

"Aahhh, it's pretty!" She blurted out, admiring the lucky charm that Jomei revealed at his side. She hadn't seen many trinket-type items as of yet, so even an item with such a simple shape and design was plenty to impress her. The thought that she might be able to make such charms and other items once she had put the time into leveling her Artisan skill had her brimming with excitement.

The woman practically glowed with optimism as they continued on their path. Things had been going exceptionally well since she decided to venture a step or two out of her shell. Helpful players, completed quests, and plenty of experience under her belt. Surely she would be able to get to the frontlines at this rate, where she might have the best chance to find the person she so desperately wanted to track down. As the subject always seemed to fill her with worry and unease, she tried to push the thoughts from her mind as quickly as they had managed to enter.

She was a step or two late in following Jomei's lead, stopping short once she realized the man was no longer walking at the same pace at her side. Clearly distracted, Telrenya paused to take in the situation before quickly taking her own rapier in her right hand just the same. She gave a small nod, looking slowly around them while trying to spot anything out of the ordinary.

The ginger continued along his path, ever so vigilant at any sort of movement. He was not wrong, if these treants were what he thought they were, then they could easily be hiding in plain site. For all he knew, all of the trees around him could be treants, waiting to strike. The hairs on the back of his neck rose as a chill went down his spine, imagining all of the trees turning on them at once and attacking, ending them both. His feet carried him slightly closer to Telrenya, for he wanted to make sure that nothing would be able to attack her without him knowing. 

The sounds of rushing water became louder and louder as they approached a clearing in the trees. Peering past the greenery, he saw the ground was risen about three stories with blue and white water pouring over the stony cliff, crashing into the clear pool of water below them. The pond that the waterfall let out into was just about four feet down from where they stood, vines and moss scattered the smaller cliffs leading to the water. Jomei let go of his rapier and looked around, taking in the scenery. It was a very tranquil part of the forest, the only sound being the waterfall crashing into the pond. A soft smile crossed Jomei's lips as he watched the flowing liquid. He let out a sigh, placing his hands on his hips, "I'll have to remember this place, when we aren't out on a quest.. It's definitely one of those hidden beauties in this game." He turned his head to look at the blonde woman, smiling. 

In the same moment Jomei turned to look at Telrenya, he saw the leaves on the tree rustle, and then the tree itself spin in place. As the large trunk spun at what seemed its roots, another large branch swung outwards like a fist at the blonde's head, just missing the woman and ruffling her hair with the force of the attack. Gritting his teeth, Jomei took a large step forward, ripping his rapier from its scabbard as it erupted with a gold light. The man stabbed his rapier forward, the blade colliding with the tree four times in its chest. The wooden beast fell backwards, shattering into a million glass-like pixels. 

Before the man could react and dodge, another treant had uprooted itself and charged at Jomei swinging its large club-like fist right into his chest. His armor was able to take most of the damage, however the force of the blow knocked Jomei backwards into the air. The gingers body flew over the small cliff, splashing into the pool of water just below them. 

ID 88474
BD 7 (+4) hit (v.Treant Soldier 2)
             - Shooting Star: 13 x 8 = 104 dmg (-30 mit) = 74 dmg
MD 10 (17 dmg - 30 mit) = 1 dmg (v. Jomei)
ID 88475
MD(2) 3 ( v. Telrenya)

Jomei: 985/986 (90/98) (H: 1)
Telrenya: xx/xx (xx/xx) (H: 0)

Treant Soldier 1: 65/65 
    30 mit   15 dmg

Treant Soldier 2: 0/65  

"Uwaah..." A sigh of wonder escaped Telrenya's lips as she looked out at the gorgeous scenery. Jomei spoke briefly about its beauty and caused the corners of her mouth to curl into a smile of silent agreement. Before she had the chance to make a comment of her own, a small gust of wind tousled her hair and tickled her shoulders and back of her neck. The feeling of malice that was carried through it was what trapped Telrenya in paralyzing apprehension.

As the heavy, knotted tree branch crashed against a nearby rock formation, Jomei seemed to have no such tethers rooting him in place. In fact, the Irishman sprang into action, launching a counterattack against the treant that had nearly knocked her head clean off. Telrenya shifted her field of vision just as the towering figure of a second treant threw a similar attack at her defender. Her eyes widened at the force of the attack, feeling her muscles tense up as the man was thrown over the cliff's edge.

"Jomei!" She called out with a voice full of panic. Snapping back to her senses, her legs carried her in the direction of the rocky cliffside. She hadn't the time to see if her companion was unharmed, however, as the enraged treant turned towards her. Its branch-arm swung wildly, forcing the woman to duck and dodge around it. She felt her jaw clench, gritting her teeth at the nuisance that the creature was being, preventing her from aiding her friend. Telrenya's grip around the hilt of her rapier tightened, and she lunged at the treant once she found an opening between its attacks. The thin blade sunk smoothly into its bark, but as she pulled back to free the weapon she was met with an alarming resistance. In fact, she tried her hardest to free the rapier from the treant's body, to no avail.

The roar that sounded from its splintered maw brought her back to the present, and she managed to raise her left arm just in time to block the club-like branch that threw itself against her shield. The woman let out an involuntary grunt at the impact, as the force was plenty to knock her back, though the strike luckily left her unscathed. The woman stumbled backwards, and blocking a consecutive attack left her unable to regain her center of balance. She winced with discomfort as she fell, quickly propping herself up to brandish her shield and prevent leaving herself defenseless. "Jomei!" She called out again with concern. "Are you okay?!"

ID 88630 | BD: 1 - Critical Miss!

Jomei: 985/986 (90/98) (H: 1)
Telrenya: 200/200 (18/20) (H: 0)

Treant Soldier 1: 65/65 
    30 mit   15 dmg

Treant Soldier 2: 0/65  

Edited by Telrenya

Jomei's body crashed into the pond with a large splash. Thanks to his armor not being heavy, the man did not sink easily. Swinging his arms frantically, the ginger swordsman got himself onto a piece of shallow land. Knees and one palm on the rocky surface, his chest heaved and he coughed up water. Slowly, Jomei rose to his feet, still clenching his rapier in his hands. With his free hand, he unlatched his cloak and threw the soaked fabric to the side. As he did so, the item returned to his inventory. "Yeah.. I'm fine." Jomei called back up to the concerned blonde haired girl.

The man shook his head, water running off of his ginger hair as he did so. Then after wiping his face of the droplets, he took a few steps back, preparing his <Charge> skill. Then, after lowering himself to the ground, he used the skill, along with his Shooting Star Sword art, to launch off of the rock and into the air, the point of his blade meeting its mark in the chest of the treant with a loud crash. As the first tree being fell, another tree came to life, swinging its fist at Jomei. The man thought quick, pulling his blade from the trunk and ducking out of the way of the attack, using his blade to redirect the large branch away from them. "Watch out, I hear another one coming behind us!" Jomei called behind him to Telrenya.

ID 88651
BD 10 v. Treant 1

- Shooting Star: 13(+2 Crit + 4 Charge) x 7 = 133 (-30 Mit) = 103 dmg
MD 10 (dead)
ID2: 88652
MD2: 2 V Jomei

Jomei: 985/986 (84/98) (H: 3)
Telrenya: 200/200 (18/20) (H: 0)

Treant Soldier 1: 0/65 
    30 mit   15 dmg

Treant Soldier 3: 65/65 

Treant Soldier 4: 65/65 (entering battle)

Just in time, Jomei's blade sank into the bark of the intimidating treant. Once its HP finished draining, the felled creature burst into shards of light and disappeared before them. Telrenya felt a sigh of relief spill from her lungs, but as Jomei stood at attention she was quickly reminded that the battle was far from over. The woman's lips formed a tight line, an expression befitting the nerves buzzed about inside of her. When the treant had vanished, Radiant Dawn was freed, falling to the ground with a dull 'thud'. The blonde hurried to retrieve her weapon and brandished it as confidently as her acting skills would allow. She turned her back toward Jomei's allowing them vision over both sides of the battlefield.

Telrenya scanned the forest after Jomei's warning. Sure enough, she spotted movement among the trees that signaled the treant he must have heard approaching. A near copy of the ones that came before it, the creature made its way toward them with a gnarled branch-arm raised. Telrenya filled her lungs with a new breath before charging at the new arrival. 'Please don't get stuck, please don't get stuck,' She repeated in her head as she closed the gap with quick strides. With a forward thrust, the thin blade of her rapier made a clean puncture through the treant's bark. Her blade continued to glow a soft white as she followed with three more strikes before pulling her weapon back to her with a satisfied smirk.

Her gaze flickered to the health bar that hovered in the air beside the treant's cylindrical body. The smile faded from her features just as quickly as it had appeared, while her eyes widened slightly. Her strongest attack had resulted in only a single point of damage. The claws of disbelief and worry wrapped themselves around the woman, holding her in place.

@Jomei

ID#: 88854 | BD: 7 - Success! Quadruple Pain (x4)
(5 Base) x (4 Sword Art) = (20 DMG) - (30 MIT) = 1 Minimum DMG

Jomei: 985/986 (84/98) (H: 3)
Telrenya: 200/200 (19/20) (H: 1)

Treant Soldier 1: 0/65 - Dead
Treant Soldier 2: 0/65 - Dead
Treant Soldier 3: 65/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT
Treant Soldier 4: 64/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT

(If we're tracking hate individually, Tel's is on number 4 :P)

Edited by Telrenya

After ducking under the hulking branch that soared just past his head, Jomei used the dull part of his rapier to push his attacker's arm farther out of the way. The force of the swing, with Jomei's added redirection, the treant soldier lost his balance and took a step forward so it would not fall to the same fate as Jomei had moments before. With its back now to the Irish swordsman, Jomei used his Delta Attack sword art to take out the tree beast. With three swift strikes, Jomei etched a triangle into its back, red in color from the digital monster being slashed. After the last cut, Jomei pulled his knee into his chest and kicked the treant away from him, its limp body falling towards the water before shattering into pixels. 

"Damn, these guys just keep coming. Are you alright Telrenya?" Jomei called over to the girl, seeing as she was trying to deal with one of the attacking tree men on her own.

ID: 88855
BD: 8(+4) (Hit)
MD:5(-4) (Miss) v. Jomei

ID: 88856
MD: 5 (Miss) v. Telrenya

Jomei: 985/986 (76/98) 
             >Delta Attack: 3x3(13) 117(-30) = 87 dmg (v. Treant 3)
Telrenya: 200/200 (19/20) 

Treant Soldier 3: 0/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT  (-87 dmg)
Treant Soldier 4: 64/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT (H- T:1)
Treant Soldier 5: 65/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT (Enter on next post)

((OOC: Okay, I will track hate individually)

Telrenya suddenly felt very small standing in front of the tall treant. If it wasn't for Jomei, fighting them off one by one, she wouldn't stand a chance. She would have wandered into the forest alone, been ambushed by treants... Who knows if she would have been able to escape with her life.

She wasn't sure if it was Jomei's voice or the threatening creak of the treant's arm swinging towards her that pulled her from her dreadful thoughts. Its knotted fist-weapon slammed into the surface of Telrenya's shield, her weak stance doing nothing to keep her from being knocked to the side. "Oof!" The woman let out an involuntary grunt as she fell to the ground. Pushing herself up,  the woman did her best to keep things together. "Y-yeah!" Telrenya lied as she called back to Jomei.

@Jomei

ID: 88866 | BD: --
I GOOFED

Jomei: 985/986 (76/98)
Telrenya: 200/200 (16/20)

Treant Soldier 3: 0/65 - Dead
Treant Soldier 4: 64/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT (H- T:1)
Treant Soldier 5: 65/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT

Another treant solider came charging into their position. Jomei groaned, "These guys just won't quit it." He looked over his shoulder at his blonde companion, just in time to see one of the trees balled up fists clobber Telrenya. As the trunk hit her metal shield with a large Clang , the girl fell to the ground on her shoulder. Jomei considered jumping into help, but he saw the treant that was attacking her stumble back, the strength of her shield stopping the force of his attack threw him off guard. That gave Telrenya enough time to rise back to her feet. Hang in there Jomei thought to himself, feeling as though he was abandoning her to fight off the other treants. 

Jomei needed to end this quick, so he activated his <Charge> skill and took off at a high speed, kicking up a cloud of dirt as he did so. In seconds, Jomei drove his shoulder into the chest of the treant, causing it to halt its approach. Jomei took that opportunity to use his crucifixion sword art, riddling the tree man with vertical and horizontal slices. With the single attack, another treant fell to his blade. "One more on the way," Jomei cursed under his breath, seeing a tree off in the distance uproot and extend its large limbs. 

ID 88870
BD 2 (+4) hit
MD: 2 (Miss) v Jomei

ID 88871
MD 9 (small crit) v Telrenya
      > 16 dmg (-9 mit) = 7 dmg

Jomei: 985/986 (69/98)
       > Crucifixion: 6x1(13+4 charge) = 102 dmg(-30) = 72 dmg
Telrenya: 193/200 (16/20)

Treant Soldier 5: 0/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT (-72 hp)
Treant Soldier 6: 65/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT

'You're okay, it's alright,' Telrenya offered herself thoughts of affirmation as she stood locked in battle with the same treant. 'Sure you don't do any damage to it, but it's not hitting you either, so--' Her internal ramblings were cut short as she hurried to sidestep another swing of the monster's club-hand. The heavy wooden limb crashed into the ground beside her, prompting Telrenya to keep her guard up. Holding up her shield firmly in front of her, the blonde woman gave a quick glance over her shoulder at the ginger fighting behind her. Jomei was busy at work cutting down one monster after another.

Telrenya's lips pursed again as the small flame flickered back to life inside of her. Gripping Radiant Dawn tightly, she shot forward for another attack. Even though her attempts were futile, she wouldn't have the chance to sink her blade into the treant. Its arm swung across the terrain, dragging over the forest floor as it did so. The woman was forced to forgo her offensive in order to jump over the branch and regain her footing.

@Jomei

ID 88933 | BD: 5 - Miss!

Jomei: 985/986 (69/98)
Telrenya: 193/200 (16/20)

Treant Soldier 6: 65/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT

Jomei watched carefully as the next treant warrior charged at Jomei, pushing trees out of the way to get to his position. The Irishman flared his sword in a figure eight fashion and held it at his side with the point facing forward, and his other hand extended in front and at the ready. As the walking tree got closer and closer, it brought its two large arms over its head, knocking some of its loose branches and leaves from the bushel on its head. Jomei lowered his body, ready to counter the attack at a moments notice. He patiently stood his ground until the creature was right in front of him, its arms starting their descent. Jomei then, with swift feet, sidestepped just under its arm so he stood on the side of the treant. Lastly, with three swift cuts of his rapier, the treant was defeated. 

Taking a quick look off into the forest, Jomei did not see any more treants in the immediate area. Only the one Telrenya was struggling with. He looked at the girl, and then the beast and sighed. He felt as though he had dragged her on another quest that she was not able to handle at her level just yet. He truly was ruining this thing for himself. 

ID: 988935  | BD: 6(+4) hit  | MD: 1 miss
                  > Delta Attack: 3x3(13) = 117 (-30) = 87 dmg
ID: 88936 | MD: 10

Jomei: 985/986 (70/98)
Telrenya: 176/200 (16/20) (-17 dmg)

Treant Soldier 6: 0/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT (-87 hp)

@Telrenya

Telrenya's shield managed to withstand and redirect many of the treant's blows. She waited patiently, watching hopefully for an opening, and when one presented itself she launched a counterattack, delivering four swift strikes of her blade.

To her dismay, the treant withstood the attack as if nothing had happened, it's health dropping by only a single point. She caught a glimpse of Jomei in the corner of her eye, casting the man a sideways glance as he seemed to have fought off the remaining enemies. She held back a grimace for the pitiable situation she had landed in.

When she had a moment to speak, Telrenya relaxed her stance a bit. "I think I might need your help with this guy..." She forced a cheerful tone as if to laugh off her weakness.

@Jomei

ID: 89137 | BD: 7 - Hit! (Quadruple Pain)
(5 base) x (4 Sword Art) = (20 DMG) - (30 MIT) = 1 DMG minimum

Jomei: 985/986 (70/98)
Telrenya: 176/200 (13/20)

Treant Soldier 4: 63/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT (H- T:2)