[F3-PP] <<Elvish Rivalries>> War Never Changes (Telrenya)

Jomei watched Telrenya for a minute as she used her shield to block all of the treants attacks. Her skill with the shield was admirable to say in the least. The blonde was pretty much able to avoid taking any more damage from the wooden monster. However, on the other hand, the creature's tough bark skin, which acted as armor, mitigated most of the woman's attacks. It caused a bit of a dilemma as she tried to take down the tree. Once she had a moment to catch her breath, she asked Jomei to help her finish off the treant. With a chuckle, the man lunged forward, activating his Penetrate sword art. The sharp tip of his blade pierced into the treant's back where a human's spine would be located. The single attack took down the treant, the beast shattering into pieces like glass.

Jomei then sheathed his rapier and walked to Telrenya, "I'm sorry. Are you alright?" He took a quick look at the surrounding area, there were no signs of any incoming enemies. They had a moment to catch their breath if she so needed it. "We could rest up a moment if you'd like", Jomei called to his owl companion, who was perched in a non-hostile tree above them. "Adere, can you search the area for any other treants? Theres bound to be a king or commander of this army somewhere." With a sharp hoot, the owl took off into the air, flying between trees on her mission. The ginger turned back to Telrenya to see if she wanted the moment to regain some HP and energy.

ID: 89142  | BD: 9

• Penetrate: 4x2(13+1) =112(-30) = 82 dmg

Jomei: 985/986 (63/98)
Telrenya: 176/200 (13/20)

Treant Soldier 2: 0/65 - Dead
Treant Soldier 4: 0/65 | 15 DMG | 30 MIT (H- T:2)

@Telrenya

"Haa..." Once the final treant shattered, Telrenya left out a heavy sigh. Despite the threat of another surprise attack being launched against at any moment, the woman dropped her arms to lower her weapon and shield. She felt like sinking to the ground after all that.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine." She replied when she realized the ginger had asked her a question. Pushing her rapier back into its scabbard, the woman was lost for words. She wasn't sure if she should apologize, make a joke, or just stay quiet and let Jomei handle the remainder of the quest. Her free hand found its way to the back of her neck, sliding behind the hair that fell just past her shoulders and rubbing lightly at her skin. "Sorry you have to do all the work." She said meekly, shifting her gaze in the direction of the waterfall as she avoided looking directly at her companion. "Guess we're in the same situation as last time," A weak smile appeared on her features. "It's a good thing you caught me in town, or..." She wasn't sure how to end the thought, letting the words hang in the air.

Telrenya showed signs of distress, her body drooped as she lowered her weapons and nervously rubbed at her neck. After a couple of silent moments, she apologized to the ginger for him having to do most of the work for the quest. Jomei frowned, looking off to the side, knowing her statement to be without fault. Jomei had, as he realized before, taken out all of the treants on his own while Telrenya struggled to hold her ground against one. It was understandable though, for someone of her level. It was not the mass amounts of damage the monsters dealt, but the armor mitigation they possessed to pretty much refrain from taking any sort of damage from certain players. Her mind seemed to go to the worst, wondering just what would have happened if she accepted this quest without Jomei being there. "

"Don't think that way" Jomei quickly stated before she thought any more into it. "I'm just glad I had ran into you when I did."  Jomei stepped forward to bring himself closer to Telrenya, gently placing his hand on her shoulder to reassure her. "Look.. I know you may not think you are strong enough to handle these things on your own. But remember, we are all in this game together. We are all here to help you.. I am here to help you.." Jomei thought back to when he was in her position as well, not able to land a hit on anything, and when he did, not dealing much damage. He chuckled, "You know.. I was scared when things first went down.. I didn't leave the Town of Beginnings for.. a very long time. And when I finally got the courage to, I couldn't even hit a boar. I thought they would kill me, the lowest leveled monsters in the game.. but then I found help. They helped me to get stronger and to get through quests. They made me the man I am today." Jomei moved his body so that he was more in Telrenya's field of site, "And you will get there. I promise you that."

Telrenya's gaze fell for a moment until she felt the gentle weight of Jomei's hand upon her shoulder. The woman's attention perked, and she found herself hesitantly looking up to the man as he addressed her.

Contrary to how she hadn't been able to look directly at him just moments ago, Telrenya's eyes became fixated while his words sank in. With his explanation, his reassurance, and his promise hanging in the air, Telrenya finally broke her gaze away when she felt the familiar lump in her throat. The threat of visible tears welling in her eyes caused her to look away, dropping her chin while she tried to swallow past her emotional nature.

Hastily bringing her free hand up to wipe away the beads of moisture at the corners of her eyes, she then looked back up to the Irishman with a smile. "Yeah. Thank you, Jomei. That... All of that means a lot." Feeling her voice nearly waver as she continued to fight back the last of the tears, she brought a loose fist over her mouth to softly clear her throat. "Well then, if it's not a bother to you, then I'll keep relying on you. For now." She added with a sincere smile.

The man watched as Telrenya battled to hold back the tears that made her eyes glisten. Her lips pursed, trying not to break down crying in front of Jomei. However, she fought them off, wiping the bit that managed to pass by her will wiped away by her fist. She thanked Jomei for his kind words, and told him that, until his promise came true, that she would rely on him to help her get to that point and to keep her safe. The ginger swordsman could not help but smile and nod his head, "Of course. I'll keep you safe. And I'll help you to get stronger." 

Feeling as though he could have used a rest himself, he took a step towards the short cliff that rose up over the pool of water he had been knocked into earlier. The man lowered himself to the ground, letting his legs dangle over the side. The man looked at the waterfall across from him, watching as the water flowed from up above them and poured down the side of the cliff, splashing into the pond. The whole thing added an atmosphere of serenity to the area, and Jomei stared at it in awe. "I can see why the elves want this place back.." he said to himself. Jomei then spoke up to Telrenya again, "Like I said.. You're making an attempt to get stronger. There are many who did not want to try.. even more that took this game as too much and gave up right there. Took me over a year to get off my ass." He chuckled, thinking of his old self. "I used to spend my days in the pub on the first floor, with every drink, hoping that whoever was taking charge of clearing floors was getting us close to the end... It wasn't until after that year did I realize that they were not making any progress.." Jomei said sadly. "That's why I left that pub.. got stronger.. and joined them on the front lines. It .. wasn't until a few months ago that I was ki-" he stopped himself.

Telrenya watched quietly while Jomei took a seat at the cliff's edge, following suit soon after. She dismissed the bulky shield from her left arm, sending the item back to her battle-ready equipment before seating herself beside him. She continued to listen to his words while he compared and reflected on himself. She so often felt that others were leagues above her, in one way or another. Whether it be raw power brought about by levels and equipment, wisdom that comes from a familiarity of online games, or intelligence of those talented in the fields of stretegy, builds, and tactics.

Still, Jomei's words brought a small smile to her lips as she swallowed back the last of the lump that had lingered in her throat. He stopped suddenly, causing her look over at him. 'Ki-?' Her mind echoed with curiosity, unsure of what he was going to say. 'Ki...killed? What, no,' The nonsensical thought was quickly dismissed. 'Ki-kissed?' She tensed up for a moment at the idea that Jomei had stopped a conversation that was headed in that direction. But from what she could see of the man's profile, his face didn't show any signs of being flustered or embarrassed. Telrenya turned her head back to stare at her knees, letting the sounds of the rushing waterfall engulf them for a moment. She was curious, but Jomei had stopped speaking for a reason, and she didn't want to pry or make him uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I--" She felt the need to clear her throat before continuing, "I waited for a long time, too." She had settled on a bit of her own perspective to try and smooth over the abrupt falter in their conversation. "I was hoping that...someone would find me, I guess. Looking back, it was pretty silly, so now I'm going to try to find them instead." Her vagueness around the topic was only partially intentional, as the thought of telling others about her self-proclaimed quest or asking for help always seemed out of the question.

Telrenya continued on with what Jomei had began about. She admitted that she too had waited a long time before venturing out. After a moment, she continued on about her reasoning. She was waiting for someone, she did not name who, but they must have been someone important. Instead, she decided to go seek them herself. He shook his head at her when she told him she felt a bit silly waiting for someone. "No, its not silly." he said with a smile, "If it was someone you came into the game with, then I'm sure you would have wanted to stick together. Would have made things a bit easier." Jomei looked over at Telrenya and chuckled, "Well.. if you're planning on relying on me for awhile, then I'll help you to find whoever it is you're looking for." 

Jomei looked back down at the water for a moment and thought to himself before going to turn back to Telrenya, "So.. when-" the almost bashful sounding words that came out of his mouth were interrupted by the screech of a bird, heading in their direction. Jomei's gaze turned upward, watching as his owl companion shot from the trees on the level where the waterfall let off and flew down towards them. "Adere? What is it?" the owl looked spooked, turning its head to look back up where it had come from. On top of the cliff stood two treants, one standing tall and holding, what seemed to be, the trunk of another tree in its hand like a sword, the other was even bigger, the branches protruding from its head looking like a crown. Red eyes from the treants glared down at the players who had wiped out a platoon of their army.

"They don't look too friendly.." Jomei said, staring up at them. He then quickly stood up and ripped his rapier out, holding it to his side. "Telrenya, if you want to get out of here, I won't hold it against you... If those are the leaders of the treants, they are probably much tougher than the other guys we took out. I'll hold them back to make sure you get out of here safely if you want.."

Telrenya felt her smile grow wider at Jomei's offer. Although he was far from knowing all the details, it made her feel a little less alone in her impossible search. For a moment, she thought about telling him that he didn't have to help her, or that she didn't want to ask him for even more help than he had already given, but she stopped herself before the words formed on her lips. Instead, staring past her knees at the serene woodland below them, she gave a tiny nod. "Thank you."

When Adere's cry rang out from above them, Telrenya looked up just in time to catch sight of the large figures approaching the cliff's edge. The woman stiffened, picking herself up and summoning her shield back from her inventory. Jomei's suggestion for her to run met her ears and the corners of her lips pulled down into a small frown. She gave a shake of her head, fixing her expression to wear a stubborn smile. "No, I'll stay." She said decidedly. "I probably can't do any damage to these guys either... But even if they're stronger than the ones before, they shouldn't hurt too bad."

Jomei watched carefully as the two large treant leaders leapt from the cliff into the pool of water. As the two crashed into the pool, the water splashed out around them onto the grass. The remaining water only came up to about their ankles, making movement simple for them as they quickly charged towards where Jomei and Telrenya were. Jomei heard the blonde woman tell him that she was not going to run, that she could handle herself. The man smirked, "Good. Just wanted to test you." he chuckled. "This will be over quick." 

As the Treant Commander began to climb up the side of the cliff, Jomei met him half way. Jomei's rapier emanated a gold aura as he activated his strongest sword art. He began to cut and slice at the treant, before it even had a chance to climb up to their level. The wooden beast groaned in pain as its body was chopped up like firewood. Once Jomei's attack had finished, the commander fell back into the water, shattering into pixels that waded in the water before disappearing. The Treant King, however, was able to climb up to their level as Jomei finished off its right hand man. While the ginger was recovering from his attack, the treant swung its large arm at the rapier user. Jomei ran forward and slid on his knees to dodge the swinging tree trunk.

ID 89163
BD 7(+4)  Hit
MD 1 miss

ID 89164
CD: 2 (Attacks Jomei)
MD: 5 (-4) miss

Jomei: 986/986 (84/98)

• Over Radiation: 14x1(13+1 ferocity) =196 (-55 mit) = 141dmg

Telrenya: xxx/xxx (xx/xx)

Treant Commander
HP: 0/100 (-141 HP)
MIT: 55
Damage Per hit: 20

Treant King
HP: 150/150
MIT: 75
Damage Per hit: 25

"Well, then I'll be giving it my best!" Telrenya drew her rapier from its scabbard with a flourish as she felt a surge of vigor flow through her. Jomei sprinted into action, using an attack leaps and bounds more powerful than what she was capable of to decimate the Commander. Telrenya gave a hop backwards to distance herself from the wide range of the King's massive weapon. 'Good, my body doesn't feel so clumsy anymore.' She felt a determined smile pull at the corners of her mouth. The more she practiced, the more her muscles would remember and the faster they would react in the face of danger.

Instead of the ginger man's body, the tree the King wielded crashed into the rest of the forest, colliding hard with a sturdy oak and causing it to sway to the side. The dirt and grass at the surface churned up to reveal the oak's massive roots, and the bark itself was left impacted and cracking at the point of contact. Telrenya filled her lungs with air after witnessing the damage, steeling herself before urging her body forward. "I may not be able to kill you, but I can surely serve as a thorn in your side!" She exclaimed as she ran towards the Treant King. The woman twist the hilt of her rapier in her hand, holding the weapon backwards as she brought her arm across her body. She came in close to the King's free hand as it hung low to the forest floor. Bringing her blade up overhead, she moved to stab at the bark-skin with all of her strength.

Before she could hit her mark, however, the King had spotted the blonde, moving her target up and out of her reach. The woman stopped short, but before she could reposition herself, he reached over her head. "Huh? Whoa!?" Telrenya let out a small cry in reaction as she felt herself being lifted into the air. The King had plucked the girl up by the golden cloak fastened to her armor and carried her towards the glowing eyes nested within twisted bark.

ID 89166 | BD: 2 - Miss!

Jomei: 986/986 (84/98)
Telrenya: 200/200 (18/20)

Treant Commander
HP: 0/100

Treant King
HP: 150/150

Jomei watched as the large trunk of an uprooted tree swung over his head before colliding into a standard tree in its path. The force of the swing uprooted the tree with ease, Jomei feeling thankful that it wasn't his head that was hit. As he quickly spun to get a better look, Telrenya had charged at the King, looking to take out its free hand. However, her approached was quickly spotted by the Treant, who grabbed the girl by her cloak and lifted her into the air. Olive orbs widened as Jomei watched her lift up above their heads. The man growled, "Hey! Let her go" 

Vaulting himself backwards with a backwards handspring, Jomei created enough distance between him and the Treant King to use his <<Charge>> skill to increase the effectiveness of his attack. He lowered his body to the ground before activating the skill. In what seemed to be a flash of light, Jomei's body shot forward like a bullet, his knee colliding with the Treant's back, causing him to loose balance. Immediately after making contact, Jomei's blade cut through the tree with a swift fourteen hit combo. The piercing yellow eyes that glared at the woman he held faded as the tree exploded into glass-like fragments. 

As the tree disappeared, its grip on the blonde woman had gone as well, dropping the woman. Jomei quickly moved his body under Telrenya, just in time to catch her from hitting the ground. Telrenya's legs rested over one of his arms, while her shoulders on top of his other arm, "That was close." Jomei said with a chuckle, smiling at the girl in his arms before gently setting her on the ground. 

ID 89171
BD 7(+4) Hit

• Over Radiation: 14x1(13 base + 1 Ferocity + 5 charge) = 266(-75 mit) = 191

Jomei: 986/986 (71/98) <<Charge>> Activated
Telrenya: 200/200 (18/20)

Treant Commander
HP: 0/100

Treant King
HP: 0/150 (-191HP)

It was hard to believe that everything was a 'game'. The way she felt herself dangling high above the forest floor, the light breeze that brushed against her cheeks and tousled her hair, and the rays of sunlight that fell over her and her captor. Telrenya's mind was too busy trying to handle the situation to ponder the reality of it. Her breathing had quickened and her eyes darted about, trying to look for a way out of the treant's grasp. Before she had composed even a sliver of a plan, the King lurched forward as his balance was thrown off. His hand dropped a few feet as a result, and Telrenya couldn't hold back a short scream as the sensation of falling overtook her. It only lasted a second as he kept his hold on the woman, but Jomei was already at work cutting the treant down from behind. The monster's HP reduced to zero, it gave off an increasing glow until its entire form shattered.

Did players take damage from falling? It still wouldn't hurt anyway, right? Even if she knew the answers to those questions, it wouldn't have prevented the rush of panic that Telrenya felt as the treant's grip on her cloak vanished. She had wrenched her eyes shut, and it wasn't until her body felt still that they fluttered open, scanning her immediate surroundings. Jomei's close voice reached her ears, and the woman finally realized what had happened and the situation she was in. The Irishman set her on her feet, and Telrenya finally found her voice, albeit a bit shaky. "Th-thank you..." She felt a tinge of heat on her cheeks. "I-I didn't know monsters could do that." She brushed her hands across the front of her clothes a couple of times while trying to steady her nerves.

Jomei nodded his head, "Yeah.. It adds to a little bit of realism to draw the fear out of you." Jomei's eyes scanned the area one last time to make sure they had not drawn any unwanted attention during their fight with the Treant King. "I guess that's it." he let out a sigh of relief. Turning back to Telrenya, who was still a little shaken up, he smiled. "You did pretty well, I'm happy you stayed and stood your ground." Jomei turned away from Telrenya, looking at the waterfall. "Hopefully now that we took care of this quest, we could come back to this waterfall in peace.. well.. you or me,  if not.." he cleared his throat. "A-Anyway. We should get back to the town and report to the elves, let them know that they can start moving back into their land." 

The two started their journey back towards the town. Once there, they found the elf that had approached Telrenra, she was beyond happy to hear that the two had taken care of the Treant threat. Rewarding the two for their bravery, she ran off. Jomei turned to Telrenya once again, "Well, that was fun." he chuckled, "I'm happy I ran into you again today." He took a few steps away from Telrenya, walking towards the town square, "If you hear about anything with your friend, let me know. I'm sticking with my promise to help you." With a friendly smile and wave, Jomei started to walk in the other direction. His step slowed a moment, wondering if he should go back and ask her what he wanted to before, if she wanted to have dinner with him. Shaking his head, he decided against it and would maybe save it for another time. Jomei looked at the brown owl on his shoulder, "Come on Adere, lets go back home."