[PP-F1] Learning to take Whisks, Earning a Living with Vale

Ryo looked around his surroundings. Several shops lined the merchant district of the first floor. THen again, several places also had 'Closed' signs ups, with some interiors even collecting dust. Walking up to one, he pressed his face against it, looking at the interior of it all. From what he could see it used to be an old tailor shop, with scraps of fabric strewn about. A sign above read 'Moved Elsewhere', a very nice and cryptic way of saying 'come find me, idiots'. Ryo sighed, as he brushed the dust off of himself. He needed to get a profession, but he didn't know which one. There was a handful of them, that ranged from useful to completely useless. He thought about himself, what he liked to do, and the environment he would be in. He scratched his head in confusion. There was a handful of Tailors, a metric ton of blacksmiths and alchemists, and the rarer Performer. But he noticed something was off about the merchant district. There was a distinct lack of smells. Normally, RPG's and real-life equivalents would be ripe with the smells of fresh food, and perfumes. But here, all he could smell was the street. He furrowed his brow, now knowing what he would do. He'd become a cook, and bring back the smells and feeling of wonder within this world.

But first, he'd have to accept the quest. That came as no issue as it was simply hidden away in his list of 'do it later, I guess' list. After reacquainting himself with the quest it seemed that he had to go and find a handful of materials and it was done. Easy, peasy. But. He equipped his weapon and flipped it around in his hand. It was still the basic starting weapon, he'd need someone else with him, to act as muscle in case things went wrong. But who to choose? There were already so many people about, and he'd need to work his charm on one of them. His eyes scanned the crowd until. "There we are." He mused to himself, his lips splitting into a mischevious grin. He stepped up to the women quickly and greeted her by introducing himself. "Hello, fair lady." He said, giving a small bow. "I am Ryo, future hero of these parts. And I have a perilous quest in store for one brave heroine." He said, giving her a wink as well as flashing her a smile. The woman was of fair skin, with even darker hair. From her outfit, and her arms covered in wraps he figured that she was either a bruiser or a martial artist of some kind. 

@Vale

Stats for this thread

Spoiler
  • Name: Ryo

• Current Stats:

• HP: 400

• EN: 20

• DMG: 

• ACC: 

• EVA: 

• MIT: 

• X: 

• Current Level:

• Skill List:

• Skill Mods:

• Equipment:

• Basic Curved Sword

• Enhancements: N/A

• Basic Light Armor

• Enhancements: N/A

Vale stood in the middle of the road on the first floor, there strode a plethora of people. Non player characters, and adventurers like herself interweaving through one another. Each with their own reasoning, decision, and purpose for where their feet lead them. People watching wasn't something that Vale did often, she was normally running through the wilds in constant combat in her panther-like attire. Her feminine and feline appeal attracted the attention of many men, but none of them had the audacity to try and talk to her. Vale's own purpose for standing there, was so she could find a delicious store to have food made. But all the taverns were stock full of adventurers leaving no tables open. The only thing that could achieve what she wanted was a personal cook, but that was even more difficult to find.

Just as Vale was getting the feeling for wanting to leave and search on a different floor, she was approached by a rather handsome fellow. With grace and etiquette, the man bowed and introduced himself. Without hesitating, he was already requesting her assistance out in the wilderness. Vale had no reason to turn down the request, but there was something she could gain from it. The purranther smiled, "Well Ryo, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Vale." She bowed respectively. Flicking her deep amethyst eyes back looking into his her intrigue got the best of her, "Well you have my attention, what is it that you're in need of precisely?" She asked, watching his body language carefully.

@Ryo

Stats for this Thread:

Spoiler

Level 35
700 HP
70 Energy
8(13) DMG
3 ACC
3 EVA
5 LD

Equipment and Skills:

Spoiler

Furry Kitty Spandex
    3 EVA
Kitten's Twilight Embrace
   3 ACC
Purrkitty Bell
   3 LD

Martial Arts - R5
Charge - R5
Search and Detect - R2

Edited by Vale

Ryo stood tall and laughed. "Aha ha ha, Madam Vale. A pleasurable name that is." Ryo said, complimenting the name. "Right, no need to beat around the bush. You see, all of my gear was recently stolen and now I'm going out to reclaim what was lost." Ryo said, his voice doing what it did best. "But first steps are always the hardest. Therefore, I have been unable to complete my profession questline." Ryo said. He brushed his hair from his face, and turned around, taking a few dramatic steps away from Vale. "This is not behavior fit for a hero. Therefore it must be rectified." He said, enunciating his point by spinning back to meet Vale. "This is where you come in, my fairest lady Vale." He said, giving her a wink. "Help me complete my quest to become a cook, and you shall be rewarded. Not only with food, and companionship. But with the feeling of a job well done!" Ryo said, striking a small pose, planting both of his feet on the ground. "Whadd'ya say?" He asked Vale one last time.

@Vale

Vale giggled when Ryo complimented her further, a smooth talker was what first came to mind with the man. He continued on a huge spiel that slowly changed her thought of him being a smooth talker, to being an actor. She was mostly in tune with him all the way up until he asked for her assistance to be a cook. Immediately her eyes grew wide, the exact person she was looking for presented themselves to her instead of vice versa. She couldn't even keep the wide grin that appeared upon her face, her eyes closed happily showing a cheerful face to the man as he finished his pose. Utilizing her charge skill, she disappeared for a second to reappear in front of him holding his larger hand with her two adorable looking paws, having retracted the claw portions of the gauntlets so she could hold hands with others, "I happened to be looking for a cook. I'm in dire need of their help, I'll be willing to help you in whatever it is you need if you're willing to cook for me in my secluded mansion on the eighth floor there in the private sector of the Green River?" She asked, she couldn't stop giving out information that she originally needed to hold secret so people didn't know who owned that highly sought after Mansion due to it's location.

In a flash the woman was on top of him, she had used the charge skill to close the tiny gap between them, and was holding his hand. Ryo fought to regain his posture, and succeeded in a way. He let out a fast cough, as he regained control of his hand back. "So, in exchange for you assisting me with a quest, I would have to come live with you and cook for you in a secret mansion that exists on floor eight by the Green River?" Ryo chuckled. "Not much of a secret when you give out the location. And as for moving in with you, I'll decline. I have my own aspirations to achieve." Ryo said. "However, I would be more than willing to help you with some cook items every now and again. Maybe an exclusive rewards program?" Ryo suggested. He didn't want to live on the eighth floor, that's not where he lived. In order to become the hero he needed to be, he had to see everything that he did. "How's that sound?" Ryo said, his normal venue of heroism peeking back out.

@Vale

ID: 88694
LD: 6 (no materials)

It was visibly noticeable the discomfort the man got when Vale took hold of his hands, with haste she released them to try and ease the tension on the fine fellow, "My apologies. I was in such a need of someone who could actually cook. Lost a little self control there." Vale apologized as she bowed politely, "I would love to simply assist you in your endeavor and find a mutual friendship/agreement from this." She followed up saying with a gleeful smile stretched across her face. After a moment she realized that she gave away the mansions secret owner, causing her to bring her paws over her mouth, "You're right though. It's not much of a secret if I am telling the whole world about it." She chuckled. Taking a hold of herself, she made way for the outdoors along side Ryo, since there was no actual way to find materials in the town. A sort of system put in to convince players to leave the safety of town. Activating her search and detect she honed her site onto some flowers that when broke down made essential herbs and spices for cooking. Something Vale had learned when she was training in isolation for the many months.

ID: 88695 | LD: 14+5=19 (Material Found)

Materials Gathered: 1

Edited by Vale

Ryo chuckled at Vale's sudden bashfulness. "Don't worry about it, madam. I know all too well of the feeling of excitement. After all, when SAO was announced I could barely contain myself I mean, who could help themselves when given this sort of opportunity." Ryo said, eyeing that Vale had found a material. They had barely left the safe zone and she was already finding materials. Materials seemed to spawn easier outside of safe zones, probably a mechanic to tease players into exploration. An ingenious mechanic as far as one got, at least. "And you need not worry, I'll keep the secret of your mansion safe. You have my word." Ryo said, looking around for a material. Despite his best efforts, he couldn't see anything. Vale made it look so easy, what was her secret? She probably had enhancements or skills that helped her with luck or spotting things easier. 

ID:88701 | LD: 4

@Vale

ID: 88704 | LD: 10+5=15 (Material Found)

Vale spent more time paying attention to Ryo and what he was saying, than rather her focusing on searching the bushes over one hundred percent. She had already studied all the plants and patterns that were found on the first ten floors, with that she would look for specific parts of the bush to locate each and every material. As she pulled yet another small flower cluster out of a bush immediately inserting it into her inventory afterwards, "Heh, food is a wonderful thing. And the fact that food doesn't affect your diet in this world, I can eat whatever I please and just focus on the taste factor rather than micromanaging my proteins intake and all that hooplah." She responded laughing when she got to the word hooplah. When Ryo promised to keep her mansion a secret between the two of them, Vale smiled at him, "You're a wonderful soul, Ryo." She stood back up and moved onto the next bush to locate more materials.

Materials Gathered: 2

Edited by Vale

Vale brought up food and her enjoyment of consuming it. "Yes. I feel like the secret of happiness lies in good food. Make anything you like, and as long as it's good people will get together to get it." Ryo said, looking for materials. He had such issue finding the damned things. Little bastards had to be hiding somewhere. At least Vale wasn't checking the spots he had already checked, and finding more. "And my diet normally consists of fast food and other things processed by fats and oils," Ryo said, giving off a chuckle. "I'm taking advantage of my metabolism whilst I can," Ryo said, overturning a fallen log. Not finding anything Ryo let out an aggravated sigh of defeat. "I need some better skills. I can't see a thing." Ryo said, chuckling. He didn't really need the skills for searching, he had no need. If he was going to be the best of the best, he needed better skills for attacking. Which was his plan, before his things were stolen from him. And aside from not sleeping in a locked room as that was apparently no longer safe. He ran a hand through his hair. "What about you? What's your plan?" He asked his companion.

@Vale

ID:88812 | LD: 10

ID: 88813 | LD: 3+5=8 (No Material Found)

The panther-like woman prowled around scanning her eyes more and more, her ears twitching as she listened to the man while they searched each bush for materials to improve on skills, "Yeah. I'm working on concocting the perfect drinks, nothing better to go with a good meal, than something refreshing that boosts your day." She giggled back. Vale could remember all the times she ate out with friends at fast food joints, even though she did her damnedest to order the healthiest foods. Ryo mentioning it brought back happy and sullen memories from her past. She smiled, distracted not realizing she passed over a potential material. She snapped back into focus when he made mention of his skills not being good enough, "It's all in good practice. A strong fighter is not without their own sense of vision." She quoted her sensei, the meaning behind it far deeper than one would solely perceive. Maybe Ryo would understand, maybe he wouldn't only time would tell. He asked her about her plans, "Currently my goal is to get my technique and profession up. Then start a guild to take over the front lines, I've heard how stagnant we have been-" She paused turning her attention solely on Ryo, "But I can't accept how slow we're going. The people of this world need to be saved, and I'm willing to give my one hundred percent and even more to make it happen." She sternly and proudly stated with conviction glinting in her eye, "What about you?" She asked but a moment later, returning to her soft and innocent gaze.

Materials Gathered: 2

Edited by Vale

Ryo abandoned searching for materials, well almost did. He thrust his hands into makeshift pockets as the pair walked. "A sense of vision huh? I get a feeling that it could be interpreted in different ways." He said, trying to figure out what it exactly meant. It wasn't really his strong suit, philosophy that was. He was better suited for dumb luck and hitting things. He listened to Vake speak about her goals, and his mind flashed back to Lowenthal's words. But why did he? Was Vale something to Lowenthal? Or was she more than that? Either way, her words filled Ryo with a purpose. Ryo stopped walking as Vale asked him what he wanted to do. He was always asking what people wanted , or needed. And he always told them that they could do anything they set thier minds to, as long as thier cause was just. But now, he was asked what he wanted, and he knew how to answer. "I'm the same as you, my dear Vale. The front lines need to be moving, so that everyone can be saved." Ryo flipped a piece of hair from his face. "And to get everyone motivated they need a hero! A symbol of peace and justice to move them along, which is where I come in." He said, giving Vale a smile.

@Vale

ID: 88830 | LD: 10+5=15 (Material Found)

The proud neko never stopped flicking her eyes about, as if she were constantly dissecting the environment that laid about her. Her fingers deftly weaved through the bushes until she found something she found as useful. With another addition caught by her razor sharp claws, she moved the material into her inventory which looked so smooth as though she had done this several hundred times or even more. The girl looked at Ryo who had been speaking quite a lot, Vale enjoyed this since her usual days were filled with only the words that resonated in her own head. When he made mention that his own aspirations were to lead him to the frontlines, Vale smirked, "So we have a common goal. I think we'll be a far more useful duo than we will as individuals." She moved her eyes back to the bushes with a smile, "What do you think about that, Ryo?" She asked changing her tone to a more sensual one.

Materials Gathered: 3

Edited by Vale

Ryo nodded his head, his bangs going back onto his face. He brushed them aside, and spoke back to Vale. "Yes. I think we shall." Ryo said happily, a smile stretching across his face. Vale would be useful to him. She appeared to be smart, self-reliant, and strong in her own way. Without a combat test, it would be impossible to judge her combat skills, but Ryo could assume that she a least knew what she was doing. Everything that Vale did had a purpose behind it. Her casual flirtatious way with words, down to her steps in the way she walked. "A guild is a good idea, but why start one? Why not join a guild, and make them better through your actions? Seems more like a hassle to start something over then to improve something." Ryo said, expressing his thoughts. Being busy with talking made his eyes dumb, and unable to find anything of worth. 

LD: 11 (no materials)(used in forum dice roller)

@Vale

ID: 88831 | LD: 3+5=8 (No Material Found)

Vale thought on the words that Ryo said, it definitely would be the easier route to join a guild as strong as Knights of the Blood Oath and Celestial Ascendents, but there was also something definitive that stood in her way from doing that, "I think the reason I cannot join one of the other guilds, is I don't think they have what it takes to make the calls that need to happen." Vale bit her lip slightly, since her attention was distracted by the conversation she didn't look too hard at the bushes she was rummaging through, "Ultimately, I feel like the front lines needs a new identity to take hold. A group that stands for the real reason they walk and fight amongst the front lines. People that this world needs, not just people looking for greed." She looked back at Ryo, "This world needs a real leader, and I feel like I can fit that purpose." She said with determination in her heart.

Edited by Vale

Ryo agreed with Vale for the most part. Even though he had thought about joining the Celestial Ascendents she was right. Knights of the Blood oath had stagnated to a point of almost sheer uselessness. And Celestial were dragging along after losing Beatbox. He rubbed his chin, in thought. Sure Knights could call in an order, but the leader rarely did a thing except manage the guild. And Celestial would be rebuilding, or at least mourning their loss for some time. Perhaps there was a point to what Vale was saying, not that the other guilds were weak but that they lacked the drive. "You may be onto something Vale." Ryo said, still looking for materials, and again he was unable to spot anything. "People rarely get into power because of their greed. Power corrupts after all. And that's what separates us. The heroes from the leaders." Ryo said, clenching his fingers together into a fist. "To be a hero is to constantly be tested. And never waining is the goal. And the people happy and safe is the reward. Not everyone understands that." He said, continuing the walk.

LD: 2 (used dice roller on site)

@Vale

ID: 88934 | LD: 9+5=14

The Martial Artist thought she saw another material, but she was heavily mistaken so much so it caused her to chuckle a slight amount. Looking back over at the man she was traversing about with, he continued to speculate on the idea's and thoughts the Neko girl was sharing, "Well I had been thinking about it for a good while now. I thought the smartest thing to do was join a guild." She said before turning her head back to the foliage to try and look for more, "But the more I read about what goes on about the front lines, and the fact a bunch of information from floors sixteen and before have all been redacted. To get any information out of them you have to go to great lengths to figure out the smallest of details." She admitted without showing signs of stopping in her point just yet, "Just the more I think about it, the more I think that's not what I want to be about. We're only able to learn from our history and I want to uncover the mysteries left hidden and use that knowledge to save this world." Clenching her paw as she finished, determination firing up in her stomach. 

Edited by Vale

ID: 88960 LD: 8(nor materials)

The extravagant young man continued to peer around the bushes half-heartedly. The frisky feline was putting forth her due diligence when it came to peering through the bushes looking for any materials that could be used for their craft, "It wouldn't have been a bad idea to join any of the guilds. But based off everything you've said, your mark is right on the money." He responded with his smooth and elegant tone of voice. The girl brought light on the fact that a cache of information was placed under tight lips, which intrigued Ryo. He didn't care too much about what the information actually was, more to the fact that information was needing to be hidden at all. It seemed now more than ever the Hero of Aincrad needed to reveal themselves, that spotlight soon to be his own. Zoning back into the conversation to hear her finish, "You're absolutely right my fair lady. But, how do you know if creating a guild is the correct solution?"

Vale stood up listening to the question that that Ryo asked, "I honestly don't know if creating a guild is the correct solution. But what I do know, is that one needs comrades that they can trust, and if we all are affiliated under a single name. We'll be strong enough to conquer this world." She turned to Ryo, the person she was assisting in becoming a cook in the world of Aincrad, "Would you be willing to join me and my cause to save the people from this world?" She asked with high hopes in her heart, she had just recently met Ryo. But it was worth reaching out her hand to someone who she felt as though had the same feelings that she did. The man had expressed that he wanted to be the hero of this world, something that she wanted to be a well. It was worth stretching her hand out for him metaphorically, but at the same time she wouldn't be perturbed either way he wished to walk. Vale felt as if no matter what she would have found someone she could trust for the future.

Ryo let the word conquer set in his mind for a moment. Maybe starting a guild would be an idea, but with her admiration and goals in a suit, would she be a suitable leader? "I would have to think upon it, my dear," Ryo said, looking for materials. "You see, I'm already a member of the Celestial Ascendents. And It would be rude of me to abandon them with such valor only after just joining. But, I will give your offer much though." Ryo said, not expressing his real concerns to the women. "But I'll be more than eager to help you save this world, and the next one if we must." Ryo said with a smile. His smile went away when he couldn't find a material, however, and his frustration getting to him. Perhaps there were no materials to be found on his half of the path. "Say, it's getting late. What's say we turn in for the night?" Ryo said, wanting to be back in the city before dark.

@Vale

ID: 89045  LD: 8

Ryo spoke of a guild he had already joined, The Celestial Ascendants. Vale was well aware of this guild due to someone else she had spent personal quality time with. The Martial Artist nodded when he expressed about the rudeness of joining a guild to so suddenly drop out of it at the same time. Vale didn't want to peel anyone away from where they felt their duties and commitments lies, "I would never request for you to abandon your guild to join my own. But, if you're ever interested in seeing this with a different figure head. Give me a message." She smiled as she finished saying, there wasn't much more that needed to be said or done. It was quite clear that both Vale and Ryo were both heroic like people that believed their cause to be just. With the descent of the sun over the horizon, Vale agreed that it was late, "Yeah. I'll see you around soon Ryo. Till next time." She smiled, giving him all three materials she found, "We'll find more another time, these are cooking materials only, so I don't need them." She smiled, walking off after giving him the small pouch of items.

Edited by Vale