[F1-SP] First Few Lessons, #1

Spencer was taking his next step out into the open, which in this case would literally be out in the open. The first floor was sometimes busy, and sometimes a ghost town. Right now, it was a complete and utter ghost town. Spencer walked around slowly, almost unsure of where to exactly go. He was told about a quest by a few players, a quest perfect for beginner, actually not allowed to higher leveled players. "My kind of quest." He said to himself as he left the group and set out to finding the NPC who gave the quest.

In the middle of the Town Square sat a small store, which had a bouncing icon above it that kind of showed him that he needed to go to that specific store. "Wow I wonder where I could possibly be going." He mumbled with a slight laugh and entered the store. The sounds of crafting and bubbling of liquids filled his ears, making him look around and see everything that was going on. "Nice shop." He mumbled and looked around.
"Hello Traveler. Are you here to shop? OR would you like some help setting yourself off?
On Spencer's HUD screen, a quest accepting icon popped up. Spencer smiled and sighed, happy to actually be doing something worth while right now. He hit accept and the shop owner smiled. "Perfect. I can start helping you with the basics of crafting, but I do need some materials to start setting up my potions. Be a good lad and ge tthem for me? Then I can start helping you." He smiled and went back to the back, sort of letting Spencer realize what he had to do.

Spencer walked out of the building with a little more spring in his step. The idea of finally doing something by himself, without another person or a group there was really making him feel a little more empowered. The only thing that really got to him was that he was still level 1. It really weighed on him that he wasn't up there at all. He had finally been doing stuff but yet he wasn't doing anything in the slightest. He had met people, went to a dungeon where he just cheered them on, and yeah.. he hadn't done much. "Today is the day I change it, after this quest I will level up and I will begin getting out there... whatever my build is going to be." He mumbled to himself, a habit he was starting to pick up.

He began to come out of the city and into the soft wilderness that is past the city. He hadn't been out here quite much. He only came out here when he met Pinball and Silver, also when he felt like taking a small walk out into the woods... even though he really didn't go that far in fear of other players. I don't want to be afraid of players anymore He thought and stepped into a clearing, to being his search for materials.

BD: 6 CD: 10 LD: 18 MD: 1 Material Found.

His day seemed to actually be okay starting out, right off the bat he already found something, that he thought was some materiel. It was a weird green mold that was glowing against a tree, something he seemed to be almost placed there to be found. "Reminds me of the discoloration in cartoons so people know what to look for." He said with a laugh, taking the moss off and his inventory growing slightly, a small triumphant feeling spread through Spencer. "I got my first material." He mumbled to himself and quickly started to set off looking for another one, He knew that it wouldn't be this easy all the time. But hell, he wasn't going to be this optimistic about it all, no reason to get into a bad mood.

Edited by Spencer

BD: 8 CD: 9 LD: 10 MD: 4 No Material (1 Material Total)

Spencer was already in the mood to start this searching things.... but now he was at a tad stand still. He didn't know where to exactly start looking again. He already found one of the materials, which he was really happy about, but he had no idea where to move on from there. This is a little bit more difficult than I expected, and a little annoying if I do say so myself. Wait no! I can't get annoyed by all of this, it will get better. He thought to himself, but sighed in defeat anyways. He was a bit annoyed but he didn't want that to hold him back from doing stuff that he was supposed to do, well the thing he was doing at the moment which was looking for materials." Come on materials.. where are you?"

Edited by Spencer

ID: 88923 BD: 6 CD: 5 LD: 4 MD: 9 No Material (1 Material Total)

Okay, now he was kind of loosing hope. The little bit of optimism that he had at the beginning of this was kind of fading away, which was something he didn't like. "No! Come on Spencer you can do this, you can find more moss... or whatever materials look like and stuff like that. I just need to move and look in a different area? Yeah that makes sense, I just don't know exactly where I could start looking... Well time to start walking around. " And with that, Spencer packed up and began to start searching in a different area. Okay some where new, maybe the place that I was in was just material barren? I'm hoping for that. He thought meekly and walked to a field, just outside of the forest lines.

Edited by Spencer

ID: 88924 BD: 10 CD: 5 LD: 7 MD: 4  No Materials Found (1 in Total)

Was this really it? I find one and I die trying to find the rest of the dang quest? I think that might be my fate with how lousy my luck has been as of late. One material found and nothing else wants to show itself? Great... Just great. I wish I could actually start to move ahead and get this quest done so I can feel like I actually accomplished something and did something other than flail around the forest and plains with moss and nothing else in my back pack. Vale and Silver probably never had troubles like this... I mean they are higher level than me- No! That's not an excuse, I just need to keep faith, something will come up when the time is right, then I will get the material and move on, that is how it is going to go, It must.

Edited by Spencer

ID: 88925 BD: 6 CD: 7 LD: 8 MD: 7 No Material Found (1 in Total) 

Had he lost hope, no. Was he starting lose hope... Maybe. Spencer decided to not let it get to him, but that wasn't working out that well. "Okay how about I just treat like I'm out for a walk looking for materials o the way but it doesn't matter if I find something or not, I'm still out here actually doing something and trying my best to move myself forward, that should be rewarded no? I think I'm doing something good." He sighed and sat down in the field, blocking himself from the wind. He sighed and laid back, letting the sun warm him up softly as the wind rustled and created soft noises across the land. "I just need to chill and calm down, not everything happens all at once, it takes time for a lot of this." He mumbled to himself.

Edited by Spencer

ID: 88926 BD:  2 CD: 3 LD: 19 MD: 4 1 Material Found (2 in Total)

Maybe it was getting a tad better? Spencer was busy laying there when a bug flew into his face and would NOT leave him alone. He grumbled incoherently and rolled over, hitting his hip on something hard. "Great." He mumbled and opened his eyes, but what he saw was a multi colored rock that had a odd tint to it. "Really, I had to lay down and be lazy to find this? Good thing I almost fall asleep every single time I go outside." He laughed and picked up the rock, sending it to his inventory system. "2 out of 5." He smiled and sighed happily."Can't believe it, I'm doing a quest and actually getting things done.." He smiled and giggled a little bit. "I'm making myself a better player!" He almost yelled, he had no idea why he was so happy about finding a rock, but he didn't want to kill his own moment.

Edited by Spencer

ID: 88927 BD: 9 CD: 4 LD: 19 MD: 4 1 Material Found (3 in Total) 

Where was this luck when Spencer actually started this quest? He had so far found the moss and the rock, 2 materials out of the five he needed in order to turn them in to the shop keeper and move on with what all he had to do. "What else do I even have to do after this material search? Oh well I'll find out, I hope its not crafting." He said and grimaced at the idea. 

He almost squealed with happiness as he saw a weird worm slowly move across the ground, but it came up on his HUD screen as material. "Sorry little guy, but I need you.. But I mean hey, you aren't really real so you wont feel a thing." He mumbled and put it in his inventory, he just needed to find 2 more.

Edited by Spencer

ID: 88928 BD: 10 CD: 3 LD: 5 MD: 9 No Materials Found (3 in Total) 

He wasn't' going to let this sudden stop in his streak deter him from searching, he had renewed vigor in finding things. "I can do this. I can do this. Doesn't matter if I found things or not, I'm moving forward with my life, which is very very good." He smiled to himself and leaned against a tree, rubbing out some of the remaining sleep that is in his eyes. "Damn, that nap was nice, but glad I was able to find something when I woke up.. Even though i was hit by that stupid bug..... I talk to myself way too much." He laughed and put a foot on a branch, getting an idea to start climbing the tree. "Here we go." He grunted softly and dragged him up to a second branch, his entire body off of the ground.

Edited by Spencer

ID: 88929 BD: 4 CD: 12 LD: 15 MD: 4 1 Material Found (4 in Total)

If questing was this easy, why hadn't Spencer started this while ago? Oh yeah.. because he had no motivation to actually do anything other than sleep and kind of hang out with people. Spencer was busy climbing the tree, when a strange leaf slowly started to float down, landing on his shoulder. "Wait.. is this one?" He spoke to himself and picked it up, an icon bobbing up and down in his HUD screen letting him know that he had a material. "Wait... Does that mean I just need one more? Yes! Okay and now I need to work on talking to myself, might be a little weird to others, if there was anything even out here." He laughed and sighed, slowly climbing down the tree and getting back on to solid ground, even though he really liked to climb trees.

Edited by Spencer

ID: 88930 BD: 8 CD: 8 LD: 13 MD: 4 No Material Found (4 in Total

He wasn't going to get down, he had four out of the five that he needed to move on with this quest, he just needed to find one more. He walked around, moving stones, lifting branches, and just in total tearing the forest and the fields apart. He was desperately trying to find this last material so he could move on, but he was kind of happy that he was able to keep moving on in everything and make himself a higher level hopefully in the future. "Okay, material. Where are you? " He muttered and stretched a bit, basically fully awake now. "Okay here we go one more and then I'm done." He smiled a bit, happy with his accomplishments as of so far. Even though I took a few days to literally sit and do absolutely nothing, I'm doing something now!

Edited by Spencer

ID: 88931 BD: 7 CD: 8 LD: 18 MD: 5 1 Material found (All 5 Found)

His luck held out to the end, he finally was able to find the last one... and it was just kind of in a bush. Spencer knew that there was a material near by, but he could not find exactly where it was. He was looking everywhere for it, but a bush for some reason looked a tad off. "Is a bush material? I don't understand how it could be." He muttered and walked forward, picking up the busy to reveal a birds feather. "Okay never mind I'm dumb." He laughed and picked it up. The feather went into his inventory and a little bing was hear, letting him know that he had all 5 and he needed to head back to the shop owner. "Here we go, the next step in this quest. Proud of myself actually.. just don't make me craft with these."

Edited by Spencer

ID: 88932 BD: 10 CD: 7 LD: 5 MD: 5 Rare Quality, Success.

Spencer came back to the shop, the shop owner turning and letting his instant audible track go. "Hello traveler, do you have the materials I need?" He asked and Spencer walked up to the counter, putting the moss, rock, worm, leaf, and feather down. "A good haul there young lad. Now, before I send you on your way, I would feel horrible if I didn't help you learn how to craft something." Spencer deflated and groaned a bit, following the shop keep back into the back, a bubbling cauldron. "Now, just throw an item in and start crafting, don't be discouraged if you mess up, I'm here to guide you, just feel the crafting go through your body and you will make it perfect.

"Okay..." He mumbled and placed the rock into the cauldron. It immediately turned a different color and Spencer almost smiled, but quickly went to mixing the liquid. "Wait, is this it?" He turned to the Npc and held up a vial of red pulsing liquid. "You did it!" He cheered and took it along with the other four materials and put them away. "Now you have learned how to craft, you have been a good student and I'm glad I can help you on your way." He smiled and patted Spencer's shoulder.

Edited by Spencer

Spencer smiled and felt almost obligated to thank the man for helping him. "Thank you! " He called out but the man ran and stopped him. "Wait, before you go, can you give this package to a friend of mine? He's blacksmith down the road. I know it might trouble you just I do need this to go to him." The man seemed slightly concerned and Spencer smiled. "Of course I will, I'll bring this to him in a giffy don't you worry." He hated himself for saying Giffy but it is what it is and there is no going back. He left the store with the shop keeper waving to him before he went back into his shop, the instant discussion between the two ending with the game system ending the sequence. "Okay, now to the blacksmiths, I hope this ends the quest because if it leads me to another one I'm not sure if I'm going to do it right away, but I could at least have it." He said to himself in an afterthought.

Spencer decided to take a small detour than going right to the blacksmiths shop. He knew the man said it was 'urgent' and what ever, but the quests will continue whenever the player hits the next mark, which this would be getting to the blacksmiths shop. He took a left when he should of taken a right and walked through more of the stores in the Town of Beginnings. He never realized that it was kind of actually pretty out here in the town. The shops were lit up, people were walking around, conversations can be heard all around you, Spencer was definitely loving the city life, even though it was such a low floor. I could get used to this you know? Busy city life, having a shop, working with people, even owning my own shop. I've come a long way from when I started this game, I'm proud of me.

He stopped on a bench and looked up into the sky, sighing happily and looking around. Finally getting his life together and making himself a little higher in level than he expected to get and just honestly feeling a lot better about himself. "I'm kind of happy, like I never expected this to be like this but honestly I am very very happy." He smiled and sighed softly, leaning back against the bench and yawning." I can't be tired, why am I like this, I shouldn't be so tired with what I did. I picked up things and walked, and crafted one item. Why am I like this." He said to himself and curled up a bit on the bench, a breeze coming by and making him shiver slightly." Curse you wind." He muttered and curled up more, laying on part of the bench. "Just resting my eyes." he mumbled.

Spencer snored sweetly on the bench, not a very loud one but a very soft sweet one that wasn't very loud. Spencer slowly began to dream about the real world. His mom and dad, his sister and his dog. His life back at home, where he truly missed everyone back there. He even missed the rude people from school, at least they were real and he could leave when he wanted to. All in all, he dreamt of remembering the past and sad he couldn't see everyone, because he really wanted to see everyone again, hoping he really could see everyone. He moved a bit on the bench as his eyes welled up just a tad, slowly sad and hoping for the best in his dreams. His body rolled partially off the bench but he stayed sleeping, his mind not letting him wake up from remembering his family.

Spencer woke up with a jolt, falling off the bench and hitting the ground. His eyes were slightly wet from the dream he had, making him remembering and think about everyone back home like that kind of got to him in a way he didn't expect. It helped push him to start getting better and make it to the front lines, this way he might actually be able to make a difference and push everyone forward in fighting the boss. He slowly got up from the ground and wobbled a bit, looking around the place and walking slowly, his body still half asleep. He leaned against a light post and rubbed his sleepy eyes, not realizing how much he can really sleep all at once." Why am I like this." He laughed and stretched a bit more before getting up from the post and beginning to walk around and stumble a bit in the direction of where he was suppose to go.

Spencer finally made it to the shop the Alchemist was talking about. It took a while, longer than he expected, but he finally did make it." Here I am." He yawned and walked in. He opened his HUD screen and brought out the package that was to be deliver to the man in the shop. "Hello? I was told to deliver a package to someone named Lyle Tealyfe?" He called into the empty shop. Nothing happened for a minute and he thought maybe the NPC had a bug and gave him the wrong place to go. Right when Spencer was about to leave the building, an older man slowly left the back of the shop and smiled warmly at him. "Hello traveler, you said you had a package for me?" He said and Spender nodded, coming forward and handing it to him. "Thank you for giving this to me, I see you were just at the alchemists shop, he must of taught you about crafting? I could help you as well if you would like to accept?" An icon popped up for another quest accepting. Hell, why not? He accepted it.