[PP-F1] In The Beginning (Hestia)

Spoiler

<<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1

This quest is not repeatable and is level restricted.

Image result for D&D innkeeper

Background Information - An old NPC man, dubbed 'Zackariah', is in the Town of Beginnings. He plans on helping the new players of SAO by helping them understand the basic's of Sword Art Online.

Quest Objective
-Go fetch five(5) Tier one materials and give them to Zakariah.

(Go into the wild and gain materials though non-combat gathering and by rolling the LD, and linking it to a post. These materials are then given to the NPC)

-Help Zakariah in his workshop by crafting a Healing Potion.

(Roll the CD by linking it to a post.)1-3 fail, try again| 4-6 (Good Quality- Success)| 7-9(Rare Quality-Success)| 10-12(Perfect Quality-Success)
[Zackariah will give players materials until they roll a success, but the player is helping him, so he keeps the crafted potion(s).] [Zackariah is kind hearted, and will not berate the player should they fail, merely try to talk them through to process and help them]

-Zakariah asks you to deliver a package to Lyle Tealeaf, a local Blacksmith

-The Blacksmith, Lyle Tealeaf, thanks you and says he could use your help on another matter 

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Pages (20 or more posts)
-Players can find Materials by rolling the LD(11+)
-Must RP traveling to his workshop and from Zackariah's place to Lyle's workshop
-Maximum Party size of 2.
-Cannot take if you are higher than level 15, or be accompanied by someone over 15

(Please note, this only works for quest materials. If you find more than you needed this way, you do not get to keep them because this LR roll amount is reduced for the quest only. All other non-combat gathering needs to conform to the standard rules. You CANNOT selectively choose whether it's a quest material or not. )

Rewards:

1. Questers will be rewarded the following items
    - 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
    - 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
    -1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

2. 2 Additional Skill Points

If a party of players undertakes this quest together, each must succeed on their own task list (e.g. each must gather 5 materials)

Recommended Level: 1

In the beginning there was only chaos.

That's how Shi remembered it anyway. Those words were straight from the ancient Greek books he would read back home; in the real world. Not a day went by without him wondering if any of what the literature said was true. Highly unlikely, for the most part. However, the noirette was religious enough to believe in a "Mount Olympus" and Gods and other mythological things of the sort.

With a quick stride, the lad was inside of the shop listed in the quest's details. What am I here for again? Shi asked himself in his mind, swiping his hand to open the menu where his quests were listed. Five materials was all he was asked to collect. Then he'd return to turn them into potions. Simple enough, right?

There was a problem though. "What do materials even look like..." he mumbled, eyeing the various potions and alchemical contraptions around the structure. In no time at all, he'd be using some of the equipment owned by the Alchemist, Zackariah. Shi examined the fictional wizard-like character. Although he was an NPC, he looked just the same as a real human would have, although he was older than anyone else the man had seen in the game thus far.

"Zackariah," Shi spoke to the bearded-man, "I'm here for the quest."

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

i walk towards the place where the quest was listed okay all it says is to collect some materials. i'm sure Itzal wouldn't mind me doing this by my lonesome. I mean if anything i have my sword to defend me if monsters somehow show up. yeah i can do this without his help! i say excitedly as i quickly make my way to the shop. Running their in my excitement. I open up the door and announce Greeting mister Zackariah i'm here having heard you needed some help with something *i say cheerfully to the npc treating it like a real person. I then turn and see you* oh hello their! my name is Hestia, and yes it's based on the goddess i say with a smile as i stand beside you. Extending my hand forward for a handshake

The sound of a player's voice echoed in Shi's ear. She introduced herself as Hestia. It must have been a coincidence that as soon as he began to reminisce of his days in Greece, a girl sharing the name of an ancient deity appears. He couldn't help but smirk. "I'm Shi." The raven-haired individual reached out to meet his new acquaintance's hand. Soft hands for a virtual woman. This world never ceases to amaze me. Shi thought, although he wasn't sure what he had expected to feel. Her appearance told him that she was as new to leaving the safezone as he was. Hestia's name intrigued him, to the point where he decided he'd keep the conversation going.

"You're also doing this quest, right? Care to join me?" Shi offered, knowing that he'd be entertained a lot more by bringing along another player. However, there were risks involved as well. It was a possibility she'd lure him into some sort of trap. On the other hand, she seemed innocent enough.

What's the worst that could happen.

Edited by Shi

Yeah i am! I figured that my partner wouldn't mind me doing this quest by myself. But looks like i have a new buddy to keep me company now also I say in a very cheerful happy manner as i extend my hand for a handshake towards you. Seeming very cheerful and happy. I let my eyes go up and down along your body in curiosity and smiles seeing that we're both new to this game. However, my thoughts quickly get interrupted by a voice sounding that sounds like a man from wisdom, and experience.

So you have come to my shop having heard of my request for aid then? well you two look like you could get this job done. My name is Zackariah as you already know. the man in front of us says as he looks at us. I need you young ones to fetch me some materials to help me with my job. Sadly with my age it has become difficult to go out and fetch such things with the dangers of the monsters. The grey haired older looking man says to us Do you accept in helping a old man to do his job? when he asks we get a quest pop up asking if we accept. I click yes right away

@Shi

Edited by Hestia

Shi gave the girl a slight smile. Surprisingly, he didn't even need to force it. It was a genuine look of happiness that had appeared on his face. Something he hadn't felt in some time. His attention was suddenly shifted to the old man. He spoke in a deep, cliche wizard's voice and explained what the party was to accomplish during their mission. The lad accepted as quickly as his partner did.

The old alchemist sent the duo away in order to collect the materials he had asked for. "Let's get going." He gave a quick hand gesture as he opened the shop door for the woman to exit.

He lead the group of two to the exit of the Town of Beginnings, where they'd be able to find the materials they needed. "This is my first time leaving the safezone. How about you?" He inquired, wondering if the girl had ever left the town.

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

i smile happily and follow alongside my new partner Shi towards the exit of the town. Smiling a bit as he opens the shop door. What a gentleman. i say with a wink, speaking with a playful tone. I then wait for you to exit also before we start to walk and talk. I have left the town actually yeah. I met this really nice guy named Itzal. He even had this reeaallllly cute baby dragon. Oh my god it was so adorable and oh so very energetic. She was like a kitty, puppy, and squirrel with a dragon like body. Or that is what he described her and i can't help but agree. i say with a giggle. Speaking very excitedly and positively. Oh and Itzal was so nice also. he gave me a map of the meadows, and had given me the materials needed for the quest. Buuut i can't allow this i must collect them myself. I won't allow such a easy task to be done like this. I will go out and collect them myself. With a nice talking companion who doesn't look to bad either. i say in a teasing playful tone as i nudge your side gently.

@Shi

Edited by Hestia

The dragon seemed to excite Hestia quite a bit. Shi was surprised the woman was still able to breathe after finishing her long, seemingly neverending flow of words. He let out a slight chuckle as she finished.

As the girl nudged him, Shi was able to come to the conclusion that she was a little flirty. "I try my best." The lad responded, his lips forming into a grin. In attempt to continue the conversation, he spoke again. "You have anyone else in here with you? Family, a boyfriend, friends?" His eyes searched Aincrad's surface in attempt to find a possible material or two, however he was still a little unsure of what he was looking for.

ID: 88979
LD: 18

Eventually, he came across something that he believed was a material. He bent over for a moment in order to pick it up and then placed it in his inventory for later. "One down, four to go."

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

Well i'm glad you try your best, and i hope you try your best in everything cause otherwise we could take all day. i say in a playful tone as i also start looking around while listening to your words. I don't have anyone with me in here, but i have been making friends! i mean i now have you, and Itzal to keep me company and help me out with things! i say in a cheerful positive tone as i look around the grassy fields of being out of the safe zone.

ID# 88980

LD: 13

i cheer happily seeing that i was able to find a material myself. I quickly and excitedly put that into my inventory so what about you? do you have anyone in here? any friends you made or any family that joined you in playing this death game? i ask you curiously as we search about the field

@Shi

Edited by Hestia

Shi thought for a moment before answering the girl's question. He didn't have anyone inside or outside of the game anymore. "No, I've been alone in here this entire time. Didn't really have anyone to join the game with." He responded.

He wished it hadn't been that way. It had been a lonely few months, despite the Town of Beginnings being constantly packed and noisy.

ID: 88986
LD: 12

Looking down at the ground once more, he realized there was another material beneath his feet. "Guess we're lucky, huh." He stated aloud, before turning to ask the woman another question. "Mind if I ask what you're goals for this world are?" Shi new that most people had some sort of reason for leaving the first safezone of Aincrad. For some, it was to help defeat bosses on the frontlines. Others just wanted to enjoy their time doing quests and such while they could. There were also those with darker intentions; Player Killers.

What did she want to get out of it all?

(Mats: 2/5)
@Hestia

Edited by Shi

What do i want out of this world? Well like everyone else i just hoped for a fun time at the beginning *i tell you as we look for our materials* i mean who would ever expect to be thrown into some killing game. I mean this isn't some anime that we could watch where events like that should happen. However, here we are in a killing game where the stakes are high *i say as i look towards you* so my goal is to make the most out of this horrible situation. To make friends, to live life normally, and to make it out of this alive hopefully. I have to do so for my family. They need me *i say with a determined look*

LD: 18

*i smile as i also pick up another material* so for now till we can actually slay things it's back to doing chores for now. With this basically being like mow the lawn, or pull the weeds. So life hasn't been that much different. After i got over the whole fear of death thing and got out of the town to try and be useful. To prove i can be with the rest, and not just be someone who survives by locking myself up somewhere.

Mat: 2/5

@Shi

ID: 88990
LD: 10

"I see. So is it safe to assume you'll be joining the frontlines and taking down bosses?" Shi asked, examining the girl once again. What sort of person would she become. The way she acted made him feel like she'd take the healer's route, but it was up to her.

Hestia was strong, he could tell by simply looking at her.

"It's hard to say what drove me out here. Maybe I was just tired of staying inside where it's safe." The noirette told the woman, although he did have a bit of an idea of what he wanted to get out of Sword Art Online. He thought about the incident with his mother and father, then shook the feeling off and continued his search for materials. There didn't seem to be any more around him at the moment, so he hoped his partner would be in more luck with finding loot.

The quest definitely did not have a very interesting goal. Obtain five or so materials and then return to Zackariah. Maybe they become more challenging on the later floors. Shi hoped.

(Mats: 2/5)

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

Well what about yourself what do you hope to achieve here, and well since we're both kind of low level why don't we add each other? i suggest with a smile on my face. I mean that way we could take down some quests by ourselves with teamwork, and we could then both improve together. *i say cheerfully as i look at you with a smile.* i mean wouldn't we work better together then alone? *i say to you with a smile as i look around for one of the materials we have been looking for. Going to look for the last 3 with all i can find

LD: 14

*i grin happily as i pick up the first of the last three materials with a grin* so besides the goals. Is their any specific build you're going to try and go for? i've decided on being a support since dps seems like that would have lots of spots filled, and tanks are well....i prefer not having to take the damage and possibly dying. I guess you could call me selfish for that *i say rubbing the back of my head as i continue looking around*

Mat: 3/5

@Shi

Edited by Hestia

ID: 88994
LD: 10

Shi needed to take a moment to think over what the woman had said. He hadn't thought about teaming up with anybody in the past. It was new to him, but like she said, it couldn't hurt to try.

But would it be a mistake? Would he lose her like he lost his family?

"Sure. Teaming up sounds fine. As for what I hope to achieve..." He trailed off, as if choosing his words carefully. "All I know is that I likely won't be on the frontlines much."

Her next question was, thankfully, easier for him to answer. "I'll probably end up with the cliche DPS build, but I guess we'll see as time goes by what I choose. Healers are probably needed a lot more, so you'll probably be wanted by guilds and such for boss raids." Shi said, playing with the dagger at his waist. Around him, there didn't seem to be many materials. Unlike Hestia, he wasn't finding a single one. At this rate she'll be finished before me. I need to pick up the pace.

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

yay Teams! *i cheer very happily as i go to my menu as soon as i hear you accept my request and send a party invite. As i look at you with a happy look in my eyes as i wait to see your name and health pop up in the top left corner of my vision.* oh you don't want to be on the frontlines? or you just don't think you could achieve getting their? *i ask you curiously* cause for either question i'm curious what the answer is since i hope to be on the frontliens one day fighting for my right to be free. To fight for those who can't. To fight so i won't just be some person trying trying to just get through this game by taking from the success of others. *i say to you with a nod of my head. Having a look of fierce determination in my eyes. After saying this i go around look for the material we're looking for.

LD: 3

*i sigh softly finding that their was nothing with this search of mine for this one.* well that sucks but i guess my usual gaming luck can't be with me always. *i mutter to myself* and if i'm truly wanted by many guilds i'd prefer staying by myself. that way i can be a free agent helping out whoever i wish to help, and not be tied down by guild affiliation. I'd accept help from guilds, but never be a permanent member member encase some fight happens between guild, and they try to force me to only help one and not the other.

ID: 88995
LD: 5

Shi accepts the invite quickly, before closing his menu once again. "Don't get me wrong, I think I could get there. Anyone can, if it's what they want. I'm just not sure if it's the life for me. But maybe I'll change my mind, who knows." He explains. Perhaps it was selfish of him to not assist in the clearing of floors, but he knew there must have been some other possible route for him to take; some way he'd be able to help without becoming a frontliner.

"A free agent, hey? I've never thought about that before, but it's not a bad idea. I guess I'm sorta the same way. I don't think I'll be a part of any guilds either, not anytime soon anyway." Shi responded, still scanning the ground for anything he could take back to the old alchemist. Nothing again, what a surprise.

He was running out of time to decide what he wanted to do with his time in Sword Art Online. Aincrad would only last so long and he needed to be a part of it's completion some how. He needed to feel like he was useful. What'll I do, I wonder.

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

Well if you don't want to fight on the frontlines. You could always help by supplying them items and stuff to keep them alive. *i suggest to you as i smile happily seeing your name and health bar appear in the upper left corner of my vision.* and i mean yeah! being a free agent is good cause i help out more people and don't have to worry about any dumb feuds. I guess the only thing i'd have to worry about it traveling alone at times, or having what i can offer being taken up by someone else who can do the same thing. *i say as we continue searching for anything that would fill the requirement of what we're searching for.

LD: 1

*i sigh in frustration at another not found material as i look up at the sun seeing that it's about a hour or two past noon*

ID: 88997
LD: 16

"Maybe I should pick up a profession then. I could be a blacksmith or alchemist or something like that." Shi wasn't sure what his options were other than that. He had heard of others, such as the artisans and tailors of Aincrad, but he wasn't sure if those were roles he was interested in. Becoming a blacksmith sounded the most interesting, however he'd see how he took to alchemy quite soon, after talking to Zackariah and bringing back the materials needed.

Shi smiled warmly. "If traveling alone is an issue for you, I wouldn't mind accompanying you. As soon as I up my damage I should be able to protect you as much as you'll need. As for your other problem, I don't think any guilds can have enough healers, especially during boss fights where they are needed most."

Finally, Shi came across a material. The noirette picked it up and placed it in his inventory with the other two previous items. "Getting close to finishing the quest." He stated, reading the amount of loot needed in the quest's description.

(Mats: 3/5)
@Hestia

Edited by Shi

hmmm what would fit you. i say thinking as i look you over. well i guess that would depend on what you're aiming to help people with. Want to keep them alive? alchemy by giving them potions, want to help people defend themselves with quality weapons? go Blacksmith. It really just depends on how you wish to help others for what profession you wish to aim for. i say with a kind smile as i look at you. Hmmmm i wouldn't mind the extra company since i think getting stronger together would be smart, and i don't really wish to slow down the other friend i have made already since he is really high up in the levels. Like doesn't belong on this floor or any beginning ones kind of strong. i tell you with a nod of my head thinking back to my friend Itzal surprised that someone could resist the temptations of false power this world could bring to people's mind. Oh yeah  i should really start focusing on this quest or we could be here all day and that's be HORRIBLE! i say to you with adding a overdramaticness to the word horrible as if describing a plague.

LD: 20

i grin very happily taking my own material with a happy smile on my face. that is up to 4 now! i cheer happily at this basic gathering quest almost being over.

Mats: 4/5

@Shi

ID: 89000
LD: 9

Shi still wasn't sure what he'd decide to choose. There weren't many options he was interested in. It was likely he'd go either blacksmith or alchemist, however. He had time to choose. "I've heard there's more quests to this line. Four in total, I think. Interested in finishing the rest of them with me?" He inquired, hoping for a partner to help him get through the boring parts of the assignments. He had to admit, it would have been a struggle for him to do this alone. Not because it was challenging, it really wasn't. Simply because he wouldn't have had the attention span to walk around alone looking for crafting materials in a field.

Shi wasn't a gamer, thus being why he wasn't accustom to the "grinding" aspect of the RPG"So," the lad started, "What do you think of this world?" A very subjective question, yet something most would respond to quite easily. Normally, you have to choices. Either you like Aincrad, or you do not. He was interested in how she'd answer.

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

I would totally love doing these quests with you! i say very cheerfully and happily. I mean you've been a good conversation partner, and i'm sure we both can agree. This is sooooo boring to just walk around a field and hope to find some materials. I need some stimulation or i could fall over sleeping. *i say jokingly to you with a smile on my face as i continue searching while talking with you.*

LD: 2

*i sigh softly not finding one again this time around as i hear your next question.* do i like Aincrad....i do, and i don't. *i tell you* i like this place for it's beauty, mechanics, and just the sheer idea of it is something to be inspired by. I mean...a real working VR game! what's not be excited by this. A VR game where our consciousness is inside the game. Something people have only dreamed of for years! However, while i can praise the mechanics, the beauty, the people that are in this game, and the sheer audacity to make this reality. I can not like how this  has turned into the most cruelest of killing games. To have people worry by having to look over their shoulder. To wonder if the next moment they're to die by some monster. Or...*she pauses and takes a deep breathe.* those horrendous monsters in human skin. Those PKers who think it's okay to kill others. I don't care if it was by accident, or on purpose. To even go for such a strike shows some kind of inhuman nature to them. So i like what those world strives to be, but i hate what it has become. *i say to you*