[PP-F1] In The Beginning (Hestia)

Shi's mind wandered, his own ideals passing by Hestia's. He wanted to know if his plan's were justified, but didn't want to share them aloud. "Tell me something. If someone you loved was killed by a PKer, what would you do." A question he had asked himself so many times before, always ending on the same answer. 

Was it revenge that he wanted, or something else entirely? Would slaying Player Killers all around Aincrad be the right thing to do, or would it make him as bad as the rest? So many questions without any answers. Shi refused to reveal his goals, in fear the girl may not react well to it. She might not think the same way as I do. I need to be careful who I tell, if anyone at all.

Snapping back into reality, the noirette realized that he had, in fact, not been searching for any materials whatsoever. It was a possibility he had skipped over a bunch in the process of strolling through the depths of his mind. Like I thought, this girl's gonna beat me to finishing this quest.

ID: 89121
LD: 10

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

if someone killed someone i deemed close huh? I say softly out loud as i stop where i am and thinks on this thought. The thought of someone dying. Someone that i love or cared for...could i resist such temptation as revenge? i would like to think i would be, but i know i would be angry and grieving every moment for the person who died. That i would wish to go out their and kill the son of a bitch who killed my loved one. However, even with these thoughts i shake my heads to clear the thoughts and says out loud. While i'd be tempted to kill them. I wouldn't i won't sink myself to those PKers level. I know the one i cared for wouldn't wish to see go down the path of a killer. With that thought i won't kill any other players. Only the monsters that live on these 100 some floors. I tell you seriously with a determined look as i gaze around the field knowing materials are just waiting to be found.

LD: 20

i grin excitedly as i pick up the last mat that i needed to get. to complete the quest as i turn to you* completed! *i say cheerfully* But yeah that's my thoughts on the matters of PKers. I mean do you think the ones who have passed away would want us to spend our time to continue the cycle of killing?

ID: 89141
LD: 7

What would you think if I were to become a killer, even if it were only bad people I killed? Shi stared forward, remembering his parent's faces. He knew it wasn't what they had wanted for him, but what else could he do. How many innocent lives would be lost if he didn't do something about it?

"Not even for someone you love, hey? I see." He mumbled, searching the ground for any materials he might come across. Still none, which was quite unfortunate. Hestia had already managed to collect all five of her own items, yet he was still looking for his fourth. Not to his surprise, he found nothing once again. It was getting a little tiring, but he'd last.

Shi looked at Hestia. "I see what you mean," He started, "Maybe I don't have the right to ask, but is there someone you've lost?" The man thought for a moment. Everyone's lost someone, or will eventually by joining in on this death game. That is, so to speak, what we signed up for by turning it on.

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

i would honestly think less of you as a person. While you would be helping others by eliminating those who would others. That would make you just as bad as them. Killing for whatever reason they kill others. Most likely whatever justice that they deem as correct. Just think on that. Could you really just take the life of another human being? could you watch as they know death approaches them that their final moments are at hand as they stare into the eyes of their killer. Could you handle the weight of such a responsibility. Could you come out the other side of that and say you were proud of the actions you took, and call yourself a better man for it? I won't deter you, but i don't think i could view you the same for going to their methods of dealing with people. We can only hope the killings don't become to great, and that players can learn to defend themselves as best as they can. I tell you my opinions on the matter as i watch you looking for that last material that is in the field.

Have i lost anyone? Yeah, but not from this killing game that Kayaba created. It was my father doing what he deemed as right. Helping another person from being scammed of their money. I don't know who the killer was only that it was from a gunshot wound. I tell you honestly. My voice becoming soft when mentioning my father's death, and how he died. However, my eyes fill with pride and determination when describing my father's actions.

ID: 89143
LD: 11

He didn't respond to her answer at first, thinking it over carefully. Shi knew what the girl was saying was completely true. However, it didn't make him stray from what he thought he needed to do. If I have to kill a murderer to save an innocent person... even just one, I think it's worth it. The noirette thought, but didn't speak his mind, knowing he'd be judged harshly for it.

"I'm sorry about your dad." He told the girl, before telling his own history. The death of her father didn't seem to keep her down. She was still obviously determined to make her way to the frontlines and fight along Aincrad's strongest, in order to help defeat the system and go back to her old life.

"My father was also killed. Mom too, actually. I don't know why or how it happened. All I know is if I hadn't been on a trip, I'd also be dead. I guess I'm telling you this  because I know how you feel." Shi explained.

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

nods my head as i listen to what you say noticing that you found a material as you were talking to me. Well i guess that is something then. So what was it like without any parents. I ask softly in a gentle voice wanting to let you know you don't have to answer me if you don't wish to without outright saying that. I can only imagine what not having both parents is like. Just without one had made my life that much harder, and more demanding of me. So then how many more materials do you need? i ask you curiously wondering how many more you need, and wanting to change the subject quickly encase you were uncomfortable.

Everyone in here's lost somebody, whether they were taken by the game or before it. 

"It didn't happen long ago, so I guess l was lucky enough to have grown up with them both. But I didn't take it well after it happened, to say the least." Shi told Hestia, surprisingly coming across the the final material whilst speaking. "That'd be the last one. Want to head back now?"

Part of him was thankful that the woman had changed the subject, however he did wish he was able to get it out of him and speak his mind. What'll they think of me when this is all over? I'm sorry in advance. He thought, glancing towards the sky.

They still going to be looking down on me after this is over?

"So," Shi began, "Thought about picking up a familiar?" Snapping out of the daydream was a challenge, but he managed, hoping he'd be able to continue the conversation without it becoming awkward between them.

ID: 89150
LD: 16
5/5 Mats

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

Yeah lets head back now. i say nodding happily as i go towards you then start to walk back towards the Town of Beginnings to turn in the quest to Zackariah. I smile happily glad to have completed this boring fetch quest of a first mission. I then hear you mention a familiar and i nod my head. Yeah i've thought about a familiar, but i would want something that isn't a dragon since those seem to have been picked a lot. I would want something that could fit my play style while also being useful. I tell you with a smile wondering what i could find that would fit what i wish. I then gaze at you with curiosity. What would you want in a familiar?

• 3 months later...

Shi took a moment to think. What did he want in a familiar?

There were so many possibilities, it became hard to choose. It made the most sense to go with his favourite species of animal. However, this still made it tough, due to him having two; snakes and owls. He agreed with the woman's philosophy. Dragons were so commonly chosen and it made him want to be a bit more creative. Snakes, being similar to a dragon, were likely in the same position. Unfortunately, from what he had seen, birds were also a popular choice. It just so happened that owls were birds. So what would he do?

"Stats and all that don't really matter to me, familiar wise. I honestly have no idea what i'd choose. I'll probably just wait and see what I come across." Shi explained, moving his hand through his messy hair.

They hadn't walked too far from the Town of Beginnings, thankfully. As they reached the gate, Shi spoke once more. "Looks like the quest's almost finished. Just gotta give these to Zackariah and make the potions or whatever."

I nod my head at that as i travel alongside you. Well i mean stats should be important to you though since that could influence your build and such to decide what enhancements to put on your gear. I say to you as we enter the Town of beginnings to go back to Zachariah's shop. Also yeah seems like we're almost done with this quest which is rather nice so we can then just get this annoying fetch quest over with. I say with a chuckle. These types of things are always such an annoyance to the highest level. I say with a small shrug as we walk through the streets of the town of stone, and wood until we reach the door of the alchemist's shop that belongs to Zachariah. Once arrived i quickly enter the shop and smiles seeing the NPC. Hello mister Zachariah we came back with those materials you needed us to collect. I say politely to the NPC who nods his head with a smile. Welcome back come here, come here time to use those materials for something useful. The NPC says to the two of us while gesturing for us to move towards the back of his shop.

ID: 94925 CD: 1(RIP)

The back room of the alchemist's shop wasn't big, to say the least. It was able to fit the three of them all together, however it was quite cramped. The walls were lined with wooden shelves which carried various different types of concoctions. The air gave off a scent that Shi believed he knew, but couldn't think of what it was for the life of him. Against the wall was a large, black cauldron, the kind you'd imagine a witch in a fairy tale to use.

Suddenly, the old man began to speak. "Let's begin. The two of you are going to create a Healing Potion. Start by dropping all of these materials inside of the cauldron." Shi's gaze moved towards his own. Hesitantly, he let go of the materials. One by one, they fell into the charcoal coloured pot. The liquid inside, which originally looked like water, changed shades until it stopped for a moment at a dark-purplish colour, before exploding with a large grey cloud of smoke.

"Oops."

@Hestia

Edited by Shi

As we get invited towards the back i nod with a smile as i enter it and looks around at all the vastly different materials feeling slightly overwhelmed by everything not being use to this. I then hear that i need to make a potion as i just nod my head slightly as i gather the materials i had and sets them down and starts grinding them up for a potion as i look over to you and your results not paying much to mine as i see you create some purple concoction as i quickly adds the grounded up materials into a bit of water as it then gets filtered into a open little flask as i take it out and then tries to open it up, but as soon as i do it releases a very noxious smell that seems like it would work better as a poison then a health potion. Zachariah just takes it from me with a apologetic look. it's okay you two nobody is a master in one or attempt. he says kindly and encouragingly.

#94926  CD: 1