[F4-PP] Feeding the enemy

i grin happily as i head towards the floor 4 with my friend Itzal. Myself being very excited to be getting a companion with him that will help me out in m adventures in this world. Wondering what could fit me in this adventure. I think on that. What would be the best fit for a support character? Maybe something fast to distract the important from focusing on me like a cheetah, or something in the air like a eagle would serve that purpose greatly.Another option to choose from would be something durable one to take some hits for me encase i can't afford to take such damage like a bear, or giant tiger would fit that role. I smile a bit wondering what animal it could be also. Knowing so many options cold be layed out before me. Hestia having chosen the fourth floor after having heard it was mostly snow. The prospect of that bringing her much childlike joy.

@Itzal

Edited by Hestia

The fourth floor.  Itzal was wondering what on earth was with him and this floor.  He never ever tried going to this floor.  The first three times was due to a quest.  The fourth time was because Kasier wanted to come here on their first date.  Then for some reason he just kept getting drawn back to this same floor over and over again.  The plus side was that he now had a resistance to the cold, whereas in the past he hated it more than anything at all.  And now that he had a resistance to it he was able to appreciate the beauty of the floor...  At least until he felt cold again.  With his coat however, if he kept his hood up he wouldn't need to worry about cold.  He didn't wear the hood attached to his deep purple coat right now though.  In fact he had taken off the trench coat, not the vest or pants of course, that would be suicide and stupid.  The coat granted the wearer +3 LD which Hestia would be needing badly for her familiar.  He placed the coat on her which immediately gave her the stats due to her not having any other enhancements yet, and opened his menu, equipping Niger Natio, his black armor.  When it appeared, it covered him head to toe before Itzal pulled off his hood and cloth mouthpiece.

"That coat will help you find a familiar.  Since you don't have the survival skill yet, if you get cold you can use the hood on the coat too.  Also," he said as he handed her a baby blue crystal.  Once she activated it, 'No one's in this alone' would play.  Well, Itzal singing and playing it with his guitar that is.  Still it was accurate to how the original was played.  It would play until they found her familiar.  "That gives an additional boost for finding familiars.  I've also got a song crystal that won't be destroyed and can be replayed any time.  If you want any more songs just make a request at my shop.  I'll craft it and give it to you any time."

-1 No one's in this Alone -Familiar call

I just grin happily as i look around the fourth floor before the reality of the floor hit my skin. Reality coming in the form of a breeze as i shiver lightly feeling the wind hit some of my exposed skin. Right away making me shiver from the chill of the floor as i realize how dumb it was to come to this floor unprepared. However, before i could say anything i have a warm coat put on me. I turn my head to itzal with a grateful look on my face which turns to surprise seeing him get covered in the armor. The time that i had spent with Itzal not having allowed me to see him as a warrior more so just a kind gentle soul that helped others and wouldn't harm much. The truth of the matter being much more apparent as i see the armor understanding in this moment everyone was willing to throw down their life for a chance to escape this beautiful hell hole. I then smile happily hearing the coat will help me find a familiar, and all the while having my favorite song being played. Not noticing at all that my steps are in tune with the music as soon as it started to play.

How much of a boost would it give in finding a familiar? I ask you curiously as i make my way out of the town of the fourth floor and into the area where a familiar could be found. Still wondering what would fit me most out of apparently all the mythical and real creatures that could inhabit this world.

Itzal watched as she turned around, spotting her grateful look before it turned to surprise as she saw him with his black armor.  When he pulled the hood and mouthpiece off he chuckled a little bit and held his arms out for her to see it a little better.  "The armor is called Niger Natio," he said, wondering if she knew it's name.  Not many did as it was a dead language that nobody really cared about at all.  Velnia dived into a snow pile and could be seen by watching the mound of snow move in random locations, curving around and such, until she poked her head out of the snow and launched herself into the air, flying towards another bundle.  Itzal chuckled as he shook his head.  "I hope your familiar isn't shy, cause Velnia will jump all over it," he said with a grin.  They began to walk across the floor, and Itzal noticed that Hestia walked to the tune of the song playing and smiled, hearing her question as well.  "Well, let's put this in dungeons and dragons references.  Let's say that finding a familiar without enhancements takes a roll of fifteen.  And finding one with enhancements takes a roll of eighteen.  The coat I gave you gives you a plus three bonus to the die, and the familiar call gives you an additional 1, stacking up to plus four.  I've maxed out search and detect so I always have a bonus five to searching, so i could find familiar's easily.  It's you however, who needs to hit the right number in order to find your familiar."

i listen to your explanation and nods my head and repeats back what i understood. So a enhanced familiar has a rating of 18 i need to find. With a non enhanced being 15. This coat and amazing music giving me a plus 4 in total towards my search for whatever is going to be my familiar. Speaking of that what do you think would fit me best in terms of my build and such? For myself i guess since i'm a support maybe something that can take the hits for me would be good. So something that is known to be durable....like a tiger...or a bear...hmmmm what else is known as being durable? I ask myself out loud going down this thought process and not thinking of other options a familiar could, and to think possibly outside the box of stereotypes of animals that would count.

I find myself humming the tune of the song as i feel a happy warmth spread all throughout my body as i do so. Feeling a whole lot better while doing so even more so then just being with you. Glad to have the song, and a person with a equally cute familiar to keep me company. All this combined allowing me to enjoy my time on this floor more then anything else. I exit the small town area as we enter the fields to find a cute little familiar that will fit the bill for being my partner for the rest of this game.

Itzal listens as Hestia repeats what he explained to her out loud which was a smart idea since that meant she'd remember it easier.  He heard her call his coat amazing and to be honest it kind of was.  Ariel, though she seemed to be far more darker and twisted today than she was back then, was extremely skillful in crafting lightweight clothing.  Itzal heard her question begin before she said it and thought for a little bit.  "I would go with a familiar with mitigation enhancements then.  You want a familiar you will always be needing no matter what.  When I scout I'm not fighting, so I use the coat and not a searching familiar.  Velnia's a fighter familiar and I chose her because, with three slots of damage always present, I'm able to give my weapon other effects such as damage over time and paralysis for an extra kick."  She then started to think about what kind of animal she'd like to get as a familiar. 

"Remember.  It can be any monster that you encounter.  All you need to do is tame it, though that's easier said than done."  Velnia continued diving and leaving snow piles until she flew over and landed on Hestia's head, bobbing her head in tune to the song with a smol smile on her face.  Itzal chuckled at the sight and supposed that's what it looked like when she sat on his head.

so something that can protect me from damage nods my head with a smile. That would work in my favor since i'll be more worried about making sure to heal others, and if their are none then working on making sure to attack. I say with a happy grin on my face as we continue walking through the snowy fields. the music brightening my mood greatly. Hmmm i wonder if their is a monster like...a lion with wings on its back. If that is a thing i would want that as a familiar. I say grinning from ear to ear at the thought remembering that from one of the many mythological creatures i have read about back in the real world. The idea of a little tiger cub with wings making me smile even more at the thought of how cute it would be. Having to suppress a little "awwwww" at the thought of seeing such a thing.

Edited by Hestia

Itzal listened as she summarized what he explained to her and nodded with a smile, nodding again when she mentioned how it would work out for her.  "You got it!  Note though, that your familiar will have ranks.  When you find your familiar it will have rank one already, which essentially is one slot of mitigation times your tier.  In other words, nine times tier.  You're currently tier one, so it would only be nine mitigation.  If you were tier two it would be eighteen mitigation.  It cost skill points to rank your familiar up as well."  She then mentioned how she would like to find a lion with wings.  Itzal grinned upon hearing this, loving her imagination.  And he believed that the system would implement her thoughts and words into reality and create the monster.  He nodded.  "That would be a cool familiar.  Hey Velnia, keep an eye out for a lion with wings."  Velnia heard this but went back to bobbing her head to the music while sitting on Hestia's head.  He shook his head.  That girl he thought to himself.

i grin with a smile as i start thinking out loud just to entertain myself, and maybe to get you to chuckle or smile from my imaginations. Hmmm if it was a lion with wings maybe one with black fur and the purest of white feather. I enjoy the idea of balance in things you know? that not everything is total black, or total white. It creates this wonderful harmony in all things in the world. I tell you with a smile as we walk. Having enjoyed two colors clashing especially contrasting ones. It always being a more beautiful thing to me since it shows not everything is a total one view or the other would be right in terms of human.. What about yourself? how did you come across the cute little velnia? I ask you as i pet Velnia's cheek gently and affectionately. Wanting to give the cute little dragon some attention since i love to spoil the little thing with affection.

Edited by Hestia

Itzal listened as she added even more description to her image of her familiar.  She then started to talk about how she enjoyed seeing the balance in things, or rather the idea of it, and how it creates harmony.  Itzal, being a christian, believed that humans by default, were corrupt, but when in one with the Holy Spirit, our soul becomes pure, refined by the Lord.  Granted, our earthly bodies are still sinful and thus prone to darkness and wander.  Individual people and groups have noticed this, people who aren't Christians.  The Chinese called it Yin and Yang.  He understood that everyone had their believes and he wouldn't try shoving his chosen beliefs down their throats.  He wouldn't mind discussing them however.  "Well, the first time I found Velnia, it was in a cavern on the second floor.  The entire cavern was filled with glowing crystals of every size.  It was massive, like an underground world to be honest."

Did you have to fight any monsters then in that cavern? i ask you curiously having heard their was a quest that required to fight some crystal guardian in this world. And did you collect any of those crystals while you were in their? i ask you wondering what the place was like. Oh speaking of caves and such! how would you find any of those dungeons, or whatever that i have seen people sell to help map them out? cause i would imagine doing those be it for a quest or not would be really good for leveling up, and such. Also it would probably be good for finding some materials, or Col if the dungeons can have any such things in them like other games. I say to you curiously and also a bit excitedly. Having enjoyed the dungeons the most in video games since they seemed the best part of the games of just finding treasures and such within them.

Itzal listened to her question and shook his head.  "No not that time in the cave.  I found Velnia in the entrance to it.  I came back to the cave the second time to look for her and then I had to fight monsters, though Velnia wasn't there that time around."  He heard her ask if he had gathered any crystals while in there, then began to ask another question before explaining why she asked that question.  He smiled when she began to talk, getting a little excited as she did so.  When she finished he would answer her questions.  "Yeah I gather my song crystals from there typically.  As for dungeons it's really hard to find them unless you rank up the search and detect skill.  I have it maxed out and have all three mods so it's not hard for me.  And yes I'm able to mark the area and give the data to someone else if I find one.  I wouldn't suggest doing dungeons for a long while though, and especially not by yourself since your taking a supportive, tank like approach.  And yes you can find materials and col in dungeons." 

I nod my head with a smile hearing these things. Finding all this to be very interesting since it is allowing me to learn a lot about the game and its functions by asking you suck questions. Feeling a tiny bit bad in asking so many in rapid succession which doesn't allow you a lot of time to ask questions back at me in response to my own. I quickly try not to pay it any mind as i look around the area looking for any signs of what could be my familiar. Feeling like we're almost far away enough that it could be time to start actively looking for one out here. I grin a bit in excitement at the prospect of a familiar. Wondering what i could name this familiar that would be appropriate. Trying to think of a name that would be appropriate for any species that i find. During this thinking i had just let my feet lead me in whatever direction as i walking as my mind wandered while thinking these thoughts. Being silent for a bit for once instead of constant talking.

Itzal watches her fall into silence and can see a small form of regret in her eyes and smiled comfortably towards her, placing his hand on her shoulder, looking into her eyes.  "I don't mind listening to you give off a stream of questions."  He noticed that she began to look around for anything that could count as a familiar, or most likely she was looking for a familiar.  She may be looking for materials for all he knew.  Still, he could help her by teaching how to search.  He walked a little closer to her so that he could talk in a low voice and not scare off anything nearby.  "Try not to look too closely to the details.  Look at the bigger picture.  Look for any movement at all.  Don't let any detail escape your notice.  Whether it be a flower bending from the snow.  The leaves blowing through the air.  If you learn to see these details, yet keep your eyes on the bigger picture, it will be easier to see what others miss.  For instance.  There is a bird, sitting in that tree branch."  He fell silent as he let her soak in these words.

a bird? I say softly following your example and then sees it within the branch. Seeing this i then start looking around for the familiar of my choice. I can only hope it was the familiar i was looking for. The one that i would want. I smile a bit at the thought of a lion cub, and basically raising it up. I grin a bit wondering what kind of personality it would have. I chuckle a bit imagining a passive familiar interacting with the hyperactive ball of energy that Velnia. I then focus on looking around at the bigger picture of everything around here. 

#89222     LD: 17 +1 (familiar calling) +3 (coat from Itzal)

i gasp softly and covers my mouth seeing what i want. however, not like i expected. Seeing the lion cub with wings. However, it was completely white to match its surroundings. The cub having adapted to try and have greater chances of survival through camouflage within the area it was in. Having noticed it from its wings shifting slightly causing some snow to be disturbed in a unnatural manner. I quickly point out the familiar with a excited look in my eyes to Itzal. Not wanting to say anything encase it would run off.

Itzal watched as she began to follow his instructions, looking through the trees and soon enough seeing what he was hoping she'd see.  It had to be her who spotted it, otherwise it would be equivalent to any normal aggressive mob.  When she noticed it he watched as she covered her mouth and gasped, pointing to the monster in excitement.  Itzal made a soft chuckle and nodded, pulling out some fresh meat from his inventory and handing it to Hestia for her to use to tame the monster into a familiar.  Velnia spotted the meat first, and was about to take a bite out of it when Itzal caught her.  She then saw the monster and was about to fly over when he caught her tail this time, placing his other hand on her maw to keep her quiet while Hestia worked towards taming the monster.  Food was how he tamed Velnia, and she's been addicted to food the entire time he knew her.  The crazy hyperactive dragon was extremely cute, but was also a bother from time to time in situations like this.

i take the meat and slowly make my way over towards the lion with a grin on my face. Taking my time to slowly do so. Not wanting to startle the thing while holding the meat. The lion eventually smelling and spotting me. He looks me in the eyes as i continue slowly making my way towards him with my hands raised to show i mean no harm to it. It slowly gets up and starts to make its way towards me. Its white paws going along the ground as it slowly walks towards me with a look of pride in its eyes. Like a king looking over the land. As it arrives at me it sniffs the food then sniffs my hand. It then takes the meat as i pet its head. The lion stands still before looks at me. It slowly nuzzles my hand as i say softly.  It's okay little lion i promise to take care of you. And you can have food like this and even better, and a companion to keep you safe. What do you say to that. I ask it softly. The lion nods its head with a grateful look on its face.

Edited by Hestia

Watching carefully, Itzal keeps his eyes on the familiar as it takes notice of them for the first time.  It cautiously makes it's way towards them, slowly like a predator crossing the field towards it's prey.  The question was, did it see Hestia as it's prey?  Or the meat?  The answer would be seen soon as Hestia made her way towards the creature and showed it the meat.  The creature seemed to have prideful eyes, as if this was it's land.  Itzal wondered if there was a mother they'd have to fight or if it was abandoned with that thought in it's head.  Velnia continued to squirm but Itzal held her firmly.  The lion began to eat the food before nuzzling against her hands.  Itzal smiled when he saw this and listened to her words to the lion.  When it nodded it's head Velnia was starting to finally understand what was going on and went limp in Itzal's arms, her eyes saying to Itzal, 'I get it, please let me go now'.  Itzal let go and she hopped into the snow, making it seem deeper than it actually was before poking her head out and grinning to the lion, clearly not a threat to the creature.

i grin and turns towards Itzal with a smile on my face. Well i guess i have my familiar now i need a name for it. I say very cheerfully as the lion flaws off the ground and flies around my head. As i pet its head gently for a second before it goes to the ground and stands by my side. hmmmm how about Hikari? The lion shakes its head no. Shiro? again it shakes its head no to my question. How about Kuro? The lion thinks for a second before nodding its head. Flapping its wings once strongly as it looks to me glad to have been given a name by me. I pet Kuro's head as it seems to enjoy the petting i give it. Kuro it is then! i say in a happy excited tone with a smile on my face. Kuro proceeds to hit my leg lightly with a paw with a look apparently preferring to be more calm and collected then overly loud if it can help itself.

Itzal saw the smile on her face and was glad that she was happy.  Hopefully this familiar of hers would keep her safe throughout the entire game.  She mentioned how she needed to figure out a name for it and he nodded in approval.  While she thought, Velnia noticed it was ignoring her and so she dove into the snow again.  She began pondering names, starting with Hikari.  The name sounded like a feminine version of Hikaru, a player he knew in the game.  He chuckled at the thought of it and decided he'd need to tell Hikoru sometime.  She then mentioned Shiro, which sounded like a good name but the familiar shook it's head again.  She finally said Kuro which the familiar apparently liked.  The familiar hit her with it's paw gently and he chuckled upon seeing this.  Just then, Velnia poked her head up beside the new familiar and licked it's cheek before diving back into the snow, only to reapear on the other end and lick that side too before attempting to cuddle with the winged creature, nuzzling her head against his.  Itzal spotted something where the familiar was sitting and walked over there, squatting down.  "Would you look at this?  He was guarding a chest it seems," He said as he pulled out a lockpick.

ID#  89223  LD:  8+8

Edited by Itzal