[F1-PP] a early reflection <<The first lesson is Free>>

i was walking through the town of beginnings with a smile on my face feeling really good about my day so far. Having so much happen in such a short time of doing these things. I can only smile as i can't wait to see Itzal's blacksmith friend complete my weapon, and armor request so i can be of more help to my friends, and future allies in this game.  I look around the town of beginnings as i go and then sit at the fountain in the middle of the town square looking around with a smile. Eyeing up the shop of Zachariah remembering that fetch quest. 'Huh i never completed that...maybe i should go and do that. I mean it is right their.'  i think to myself as i get up from the fountain and start to make my way towards it with a smile on my face. As i head towards the shop my familiar Kuro is at my side. A lion with the wings of a eagle. His fur being snow white, and his wings black as night. The size of the creature being no bigger then a larger sized dog. The familiar at my side giving me a look of 'Really? going their?'

I look down towards Kuro and chuckles. yes i know it might not smell the best to you but it is necessary for me to be stronger, and to progress further. you should know this Kuro. I tell him with a chuckle as he just rolls his eyes at me as i enter the shop.

@Ayame

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/15361-ayames-journal/

I walked along in the Town of Beginnings looking at everything in wonder. No matter how often I walk these streets, I will always find something new and exciting to see here. Suddenly, I spot an amazing site. A white furred lion with black angel wings. The creature is walking beside a tall girl with back hair. Her hair has silver streaks running through it. They are sitting at the fountain in the middle of the square. Seemingly at ramdom, they get up and walk into a shop. Seeking to see more of the large dog sized lion with wings, I started to follow them. Stepping into the shop, I realized why they walked into the shop. There was a quest NPC standing behind the counter. The NPC has long white hair with a short beard. Approaching the girl, I said, "Hello, my name is Ayame. I think that your familiar is adorable. Do you mind if I join you for this quest, I haven't done this one yet."

Edited by Ayame

I grin seeing the old man Zachariah as i give him a wave. Kuro sitting and having his wings cover his nose. The poor little familiar hating the scent of all these different potions hitting his nose. I pet his head gently with a sympathetic look of understanding of what he must be going through. Kuro just gives me a look trying to act like he doesn't enjoy the attention i give him. The little lion having pride to him and having that treatment hurts his pride of being treated like a common pet. Seeing the look makes me chuckle and just nods. yeah yeah mister proud lion, but you know i will break you of that so you can be more fun you know that? I tell him with a playful look as he then smacks me with his tail the hit doing no damage. Just the little lion being playful.

Suddenly i hear the door open again. I turn my head to see who it is. I look down and see it's a girl with dark brown eyes, and long hair. I nod to myself seeing the gear she has on and knows she must be relatively new from getting out of those inns of depression. Of people wasting time away hoping to be free. Hoping for a out to this game. I smile sadly for a bit remembering i was like that not that long ago. Less then a week ago in fact. I hear the girl's question and immediately nods my head. yes of course you can come. However, i am done with this quest. You however can start it, and i'll keep you company during it. I tell her with a smile. I am hestia by the way. I tell her as i send her a party invite and friend request.

-party invite sent to Ayame.

-friend invite sent to Ayame.

Nodding in acknowledgment, I accept both Party and Friend invites and sent my own Friend invite to Hestia. I move over to the quest giving NPCHello. Do you need any help? I question him. He seems to come alive as soon as I start to talk to him. He blinked down at me. Oh yes please and thank you. I need some materials for my potions. Can I bother you to get them for me? Then I'll need you to craft a potion. Finally, I have a package that I need delivered to a local blacksmith. I smiled in relief. This was a relatively easy quest. I wouldn't have to fight for my life just yet. Walking back to Hestia, I realized that a person that I had just met had been kind to me. She ways the first person to seem to care about me since I got here. I still cursed my obsession with SAO that I had. I desperately wished to be safe at home, but I knew that to do that, I would need to fight my way out. This quest would just be the start of a new me. 

Edited by Ayame

i grin down to you with a smile on my face.Well then want to head out to the fields and get those materials you need then? I say kindly with a smile as i walk out of the shop. Kuro quickly following behind me with a very grateful look on his face at not having to be in their longer then the little lion cub needed to be. As soon as you follow me out of the building i lead you towards the field i have gathered my first materials. The meadow where i found my first ally in all of this crazy world of Aincrad. I look down to you with a smile wondering what must be going through your mind. Wondering if it was similar to the thoughts that i had. Survival, the need of protection, and the want of allies. Having been the thoughts i had when first starting off in this world. To look for a direction in all this madness.

Kuro eyes you up and down and moves over to you inspecting you with a look in his eye. After about a minute of doing that he nods his head and goes back to me, but also a bit closure to you then he was previously. I smile at the sight and turns to you. I think that was Kuro inspecting you to see if you seemed like a good person to him. I tell you not really knowing all of kuro's quirks since i only got him just yesterday. Kuro flaps his wings once. Yep it was just that. I tell you with a nod of my head. So then what brings you out here? how long have you been moving about the world of Aincrad with purpose of achieving success?

I decided that I can't live like how I was anymore, I replied as we walked to a destination yet unknown to me. I haven't been out and about long, maybe for a few hours. I finally figured out that to escape we need to get out on our own. The front lines are only on level 21, we need more people to join the cause of getting out. We need people that are willing to dedicate themselves to others. That are willing to take risks so that we can leave. I say passionately. This is what I had discovered from sitting in a small inn room since opening night. 

I'm thankful that the Kuro accepted me. The cute lion seems to mean a lot to Hestia. If he accepts me then we are one step closer to becoming friends rather than friendly acquaintances. Friends are exactly what everyone needs in these hard times. Suddenly a thought strikes me, Hestia, your name doesn't happen to be based off of the Greek goddess of the hearth and family, is it?

I grin happily hearing that you get the reference to my name. Got it one Ayame. Nice job. I say with a smile on my face. Seems like you know your mythology! I say cheerfully and happily. I then think on her words and smiles a bit. Let me ask you something Ayame. What would you do. Protect others with all of your life, or go to attack the enemy head on to try and prevent more injury, or would you be the person on the sidelines giving aid to help the other two to last longer through medicine, and encouragement? I ask you as i look down into your eyes. The question being a important one to me. Since it shows something about the character of a person, and also has a another meaning to it that is befitting of this game. I silently wait for your answer as we start heading down the road towards the exit of the Town of Beginnings.

Hmm... I think carefully about how to reply. I just got out of a depressed state, meaning that I'm no longer in a place where I'd be suicidal. Therefore, I wouldn't needlessly try to waste my life, but protecting people isn't needlessly wasting my life. That would be using my life for a good cause. But, I'm still scared of death, and fighting leads to death. While I'd like to say that I'd use my life to protect others, I feel like I would most likely be trying to give aid from the sidelines. Although, I won't know for sure until an event like the one that you described comes to pass. 

I notice that we're on the road that leads to the exit of the Town of Beginnings. It makes me nervous to know that we will soon be exiting a safe haven. I sneak a glance at Hestia and Kuro walking slightly ahead of me. It makes me feel better knowing that there is someone else with me. Someone I can hopefully trust to stand beside me if a mob attacks us. I know that nothing will attack us if we stay in the fields around the Town of Beginnings if we don't attack first, but it still makes me nervous to leave the safety of the town.

Edited by Ayame

i smile a bit and nod my head liking your answer. Giving me a slight insight into what kind of person you are from that statement. Of course that would be me assuming things based on a answer. I just smile and decide to tell you the purpose. Well Ayame the question i asked was meant to allow me to get to know what kind of person you are, and to hint at what play style you would serve. I am a support person myself. I heal people up, and give them buffs to try and last longer. That is my job. I inform her as we continue walking down the road of the town. What i asked was did you wish to be the tank protecting the lives of those who can't last long by themselves. Did you wish to be a DPS to deal damage to try and end the fight quickly, or did you wish to be like me. Giving aid to those two so they don't die in their line of fighting. I tell Ayame as i look into her eyes. So if we teamed up we would need another person if we ever thought monsters that were a serious threat if you chose support. Cause two supports while that could work. We would still need to do damage at some point. I tell her with a chuckle at the thought of a never ending battle as long as we just healed endlessly. Kuro looks at Ayame for a bit and then looks back to the road ahead of him. He flaps his wings as he takes flight. Flying at my side having gotten lazy in terms of walking, and wanted a different experience for now.

Kuro looked at me for a bit, confusing me a little. Suddenly, he flapped his wings and took flight. Whoa! That's cool! I didn't realize that Kuro was capable of flight. Though I probably should have since he has wings. I commented.

I see. And I did. Thinking about it, I agreed with her. I would rather have a support role than an active role in the fight. Although, while I see where your coming from, I think two supporters could work. One could deal some damage while the other made sure that the former was okay. The two would take turns on which role they took. Then again, your right, we, at the very least, would need a DPS person. That person would deal damage while we supported them.

I was under the impression that the only way to gain buffs was through items. Do you create your items or do you buy them? Are there other ways to gain a buff? I seem to just not stop talking when I'm around Hestia. She makes me feel safe, like an actual friend. I hope that this isn't to presumptuous of me, but I enjoy your company, and I'd like it if we could do this again sometime. That is, doing quests together. I'm sure that I'm blushing as I say the last part.

i chuckle a bit at your reaction to Kuro's ability to flight. Making me smile at seeing such a reaction. Kuro hearing your response starts trying to do some tricks like flips, and what is known commonly as a Barrel roll. With some great difficult crashing almost every time he attempted them, but just barely avoided doing so. Apparently liking the praise you had given it from just the simple shock of flight. yeah my little guy can fly, and pretty good also, but needs some work if he attempts to do these tricks. I say teasingly as Kuro does a quickly fly by to smack my head with his paw. Awww come on buddy you know i'm teasing!. i call to him as he turns and flies back and lands on the ground and walks again between us.

i hear her points on how supports could work together and sees her point on it and on how it could work. I nod my head and looks to my buddy Kuro who does have Enhancements of Mitigation for me which is nice. That way i'm not taking as much damage as i could be otherwise. I pet his head with a smile as Kuro pushes my hand away with his tails and wings. I just chuckle since to me this is all in good fun. Yeah i guess you have a point Ayame, but like you said have a DPS would always be better in terms of dealing with monsters. I tell you with a smile.

I then hear her questions and just chuckle as i pat her head with a good natured grin on my face. Be calm young grass hopper. Hestia has much to teach you. I say in a joking sagely voice. Their are a few ways to gain buffs outside of items. For example, some skills you can gain by spending 5 SP you could get combat healing or whatever it was called. To heal you allies through that. Then their are subclasses you could also get that could boost. Energy recovery, Health recovery, damage, defense, and all that other stuff. I tell her with a smile. Then their is a profession you can get. I have chosen performer myself, and they are all about debuffing enemies, and buffing enemies from what my fellow performer has told me about the profession. I tell you with a smile.

As we're talking we have exited the town of beginnings and have entered the field just outside of it. I turn to you with a smile of encouragement. Okay now then Ayame. What you're looking for is Tier 1 materials. So go find them okay! i'll be making sure to keep you company, and to keep you safe if need be.

I giggled at Kuro's attempts at doing tricks in the air. His failures were made even more funny by the fact that you couldn't tell that he had made a mistake by looking at his face. He looked like he had accomplished a great deal.

At her last comment, I froze for a moment. Looking around I realized that we had exited the Town of Beginnings. Nervously, I look at the ground to find some Tier 1 materials. I looked in a nearby bush and found one! Looking in another bush, I didn't see any. There wasn't any in the next two bushes that I searched. The fifth and sixth bushes that I searched came up as a positive! Moving a bit farther from You, I searched for the materials in another bush. I didn't find anything. Spotting a small hole, I approached. Looking in, I found two more materials. I had found my five Tier 1 materials. 

Returning to you, I commented That was easier than I thought it would be. I found my five materials, can we head back now? I was getting a little nervous being out in the open, but not as much as I thought that I'd be.

PR numbers 89245 through 89253

i smile as me and Kuro stand guard for Ayame. making sure she is protected during this. That no wild boars would attack her. I chuckle seeing her rummage through the land for any signs of her materials. Remembering doing that with Shi. I smile a bit wondering where he had gone off to these days. Or even worse what he is doing these days. I grimace a bit remembering his conversation of asking me if i believed that killing the player killers was justice. I sigh softly hoping that he hadn't deemed that justice, or their would just continue this cycle of killing if their are people out their willing to hunt such players. I can only hope the problem isn't as bad as what i think it is.

I then get shocked awake into reality from Kuro smacking my leg as i see Ayame come forward, and say her sentence. I grin a bit and nods my head. Of course we can Ayame lets get going. i say kindly as i start to lead you back into town. So was it as horrible as you thought going out of town would be? I ask you with a smile on my face.

No, not quite as bad as I thought. As long as I have something to do to take my mind off of it, it doesn't seem too bad. I replied with a smile. I had to walk quickly to keep up with your much longer strides. I recall you talking about skills and professions before we split up earlier. I like how there are ways beside items to help others. That will make our job easier. I understand the basic idea behind them. Can you please elaborate some more on them. Like in your opinion, which would be the best ones to have for a supporter. I inquired as we walked back into the Town of Beginnings. I relaxed as soon as we passed back into safety. I released the tension in my body that I hadn't even realized was there. We continued to walk alongside each other with Kuro in the middle. By the way how did you find Kuro? There is a quest to find a familiar, right?

Edited by Ayame

See that is like every time you go out of town. I tell Ayame with a smile. You have a friend and things feel that much better, and amazing with not that much worry and fear. I tell her with a kind smile on my face. I then hear her ask her question. Well that depends honestly. I say to her knowing this answer doesn't help much. It depends on how you wish to help people out. By being a performer like myself you help people on the fly in the middle of combat with different songs to heal, or buff, or debuff, and my friend also told me being a performer allows for crafting of healing items. If you want to help people with finding things, and crafting things. Being a Artisan is what you should go after. If you're a alchemist you can craft different kinds of potions to do different affects. Sadly i haven't look at that one much myself, but it seems to allow a good variety of pre-battle planing in terms of items you can give people. Blacksmiths are well...blacksmiths i'm sure i don't need to explain that one. Finally their are tailors which help provide light armor, and i think some other commodities to people to help protect them. With the armor the blacksmith, and tailor make allowing to give enhancements for extra protection. I tell Ayame while rubbing the back of my head. Clearly showing where my knowledge is in terms of professions, and where it isn't.

Oh Kuro? well i went the fourth floor with my friend Itzal. He had prepped so much for that. Itzal being the other performer friend i mentioned. He had gave me a familiar calling which is a song that attracts familiars. Giving you a greater chance of finding one, and also let me wear his coat during the time which is also increased your chance of finding things. I say with a happy smile on my face as i start to remember something that was literally yesterday. I was walking through the snowy wonderland that is the fourth floor while petting Itzal's familiar whose name is Velnia, and looking for my familiar which ended up being Kuro. I found him trying to blend into a snow pile, but he shifted his wings slightly which caused the snow to be disrupted. With that i found him, and gave the little guy some meat to eat, and that is how you tame them. Well that is if they accept you, and from what i've heard they either accept you, or love to stay around and grow to love you from the food you gave them. I say with a chuckle. Kuro just does Huffing motion and turns his head away at having how he was found exposed.

Oo... all of the professions sound so cool! I think, personally, from the descriptions that you gave me, that I'd enjoy being an alchemist the most. I like the idea of making things with different effects. Then again, that can go with both Artisans and Alchemists. Alchemists just seem to have a wider variety of things that they can make. I reply as we continue to walk toward Zachariah's shop. We continued off of the road that lead out of the Town of Beginnings. We were walking along a slightly narrower road that branched off from the main road. Now, back to Kuro, he is such an adorable little creature. I'm glad that you managed to find him. That sounds as if it took a lot of preparation on both your and your friend's parts. Is taming really that simple? You just have to feed them something? Does the type of food depend on what you want to tame? Or is it universal? Meat for all of them?

i think it's mostly meat is the universal thing for familiars. I tell you as we walk. Having a smile on my face as i walk beside you. Or at the very least the familiars i have seen been at least carnivorous in nature, or omnivore. Myself having no tension in my body being completely at ease when walking beside you, and talking with you. I look down at the girl i'm walking with feeling like this is going to be a good friendship. I smile a bit and decide to address the rest of her statement. Well if you're going for Alchemist i'm sure you would be pretty good once you get things done to how they work. I've heard you can get pretty strong through the various things Alchemists make if you drink them up depending on what they are. I say in a cheerful tone with a smile as i look seeing the town within view again already. Kuro hearing your cute comment gives a light glare from being a proud creature. With the title of cute not being one he thinks fits to him. And yeah taming is relatively simple once you actually manage to find a familiar.  I say happily and cheerfully.

Thank you. I'm sure that your an amazing Performer. That's interesting to know about familiars. I say. I think that your an amazingly kind person and I feel strangely comfortable with you even if we just met not to long ago, especially because we met not to long ago. We went from being perfect strangers to friendly acquaintances to, hopefully, friends. We did this all in the span of less than that many hours. I truly hope that this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. I feel like I should tell you that growing up, I wasn't a social butterfly. I have a few friend, not a lot. I'm not even very good with other people. I'd like it if we could be real friends, not just words on a screen that you can pull up. I say shyly. This isn't quite something I like to talk about, but I feel like it needs to be said. Growing up I've always connected better with books and grown ups rather than kids my own age. You seem to be a bit older than me, but not nearly as much as most of the people I usually associate with. For some reason I feel safe and comfortable when I'm with you. Only, I don't want to tell you I case you get the wrong impression that I'm only using you when I really enjoy your company.

Awww thanks for telling me i'm a amazing performer. I honestly just started this job really recently. I say to you with a smile. As a grin appears on my face. You know...i only took this profession over Artisan do to wanting to prove a point to myself. I tell you with a chuckle as i put my hands behind my head as we walk, and talk. Kuro seems to perk up at this with some type of look you can't make out. All you can tell is that he seems more alert after i have said that. I want to try and prove to myself that my dreams of being a singer in the real world could happen...that i can follow a childish dream, and make it into reality. I tell you with a smile being fine with telling others my dreams as long as it couldn't impede me on my way up to improvement by constant work. Kuro looks towards you discretely to see your reaction knowing that i am a little bit lost in my thoughts currently.

After awhile I snap back into reality and answers the other question you had for me. By the time i snap back to we're in the town of beginnings walking through the streets of it.So when you see my name as top Performer. Know that a rising idol is forming in Aincrad! i say cheerfully with a grin on my face as i have a little mini fantasy on being on top of a stage like a concert. I quickly shake my head to focus on answering your question. I'm fine with being your friend. You seem nice enough, and don't seem like the type to try and manipulate others to fit your needs. I say with a nod of my head and a cheerful grin as we make our way to Zachariah's shop to finish up the quest by turning in the materials and starting the next part. Potion making.

Your dream could probably easily become a reality. You seem like a person that will work hard to achieve their goals. If you try hard enough, you can make anything become a reality. That is what I believe. I say with as much confidence as I can muster, trying to boost your own.

Entering the shop, we break off our conversation so that I can continue with my quest. I have brought you the materials that you asked for, Zachariah. I tell the NPC as I approach him. Thank you for that little lady. Now, I would like you to make a potion. I forgot about that part of the quest. Well, at least this way I got to practice making potions before I even pick it up as a profession. This way I can tell if I enjoy making potions. If I do, then that will be the profession that I pick. Okay, so what do I have to do to make a potion? I questioned the old man. Ever so slowly, he walked me through the process of making a potion. Finally, after mixing all of the ingredients together, I did it! I successfully brewed my first potion. I had made a good quality potion. It made me feel amazing that my first try was a success. I'm definitely going to become an Alchemist!

PR number 89274